TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > sports forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2005, 06:58 AM   #11
VonErich Lives
WTF do you want?
 
VonErich Lives's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,760
VonErich Lives is an awful personVonErich Lives is an awful personVonErich Lives is an awful person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Icon of Elisim
Yeah, I really liked Doug. But I got the feel that he never really fit in with the other players and the management. Seemed like he was just too serious all the time, plus he had some fights with the team through the media.

Personally he's a top 5 first baseman in the AL with Erstad, Morneau, Huff and Tiexera had the Red Sox kept him
The only "fight through the media" was Dan Shagnasey blowing a joking comment out of proportion about the baseball, otherwise they were fine.

I think keeping Kevin was the right move, Millar has a much better bat and can play more then one position, given his fielding is horrible, but part of his offseason routine has been working on that (I know, everyone tries to improve in the offseason) but people forget around her multiple goldglover Wade Boggs was a horrible 3rd baseman and made himself into a gold glover, players like Yaz and Rice would spend hours at the LF wall having balls hit off it to learn every single bounce. So, I think it's possible for Millar to improve, plus Ortiz can play 1st if needed which allows Millar to play OF if needed (see: Trot's yearly injury).

I'd also expect the sox to make a move at some point for a defensive 1st baseman, like they did last year, someone to bring in late in a close game to cover 1st (see: Bill Buckner memories).
VonErich Lives is offline  
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®