TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 05-17-2022, 07:39 AM   #41
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
@Supreme—Well it’s similar to what happened when Austin walked out and how they had themselves a little tantrum about it. Different company now of course but they still made sure to bring in the Rock to bury Steve on live tv. That’s after he was basically the sole reason they “won the war.”

I’m surprised the statement didn’t have something about Sasha and Naomi taking their ball and going home.

Eh, anyways, not a huge fan of Sasha based on what I know about her as a person but I’m all for talents giving the office a headache.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:34 AM   #42
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Also, my interpretation of that message is, "we asked them to do the same horrible, rote bullshit we ask them to do every week, and suddenly there's a problem?"
Old 05-17-2022, 09:51 AM   #43
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's a cool story. But it's not like they are gonna be able to just "hope over to Dynamite" in a few weeks if they want.

Even if they could AEW is so packed as is.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM   #44
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Nah. But Sasha DOES have other options because she's been doing the acting and John Favreau is a huge fan. She's not limited to wrestling like the rest of the schmucks. Naomi is also with one of the Usos, so she has leverage just the same. It's not about turning up on Dynamite, it's about saying, "fuck you, we don't need this bullshit. Up your game."

Don't get me wrong, wouldn't fault the WWE for firing them, but they don't have the cajones. They'd prefer to just bury them as much as they can get away with until welcoming them back with open arms.
Old 05-17-2022, 09:58 AM   #45
erickman
king of sucks

erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
It's a cool story. But it's not like they are gonna be able to just "hope over to Dynamite" in a few weeks if they want.

Even if they could AEW is so packed as is.
yeah women and tag team they would have to pop out at impact
erickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:11 AM   #46
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I don't know, I love a good walk out story, but it's Sasha Banks and Naomi. I'm sure the company could really give a shit lol
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:26 AM   #47
erickman
king of sucks

erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
yeah they should have let banks go a few years ago
erickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:48 AM   #48
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
no ammount of unprofessionalism is going to solve the issue that there simply arent enough tv ready women's wrestlers to have 2 divisions on 2 brands.
Quote:
this is what raised my eyebrow. creative came back with something for you. high profile angles. and you walk? so in this tweets scenrio you're throwing a fit because youre working the top talent? *if* thats true your on an hbk level ego trip with an 1/8th of the barganing power.
The women's tag titles are not high profile. They are an afterthought. For reasons you just listed. And sure, you can say well now is your chance to be part of elevating these titles...but by that account, they were planning on making them even more irrelevant, despite Sasha and Naomi bringing up their concerns in a professional manner several times.

So the question is, how much shit are you going to eat, before you say go fuck yourself? And keep in mind this is not a young wrestler who has yet to make it big, where said shit eating is expected. Its two people who have been at the top as champions for years now, and then they're told they're going to essentialy be enhancement talent for the singles champions and then theyre going to disappear for no reason.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:50 AM   #49
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ftr, it was still unprofessional, I'm just saying I get why they felt they needed to walk out.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:49 AM   #50
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pretty much. Giving them the belts, only to have them plugged into separate feuds, doesn’t elevate the tag belts. They’re being put into a position to join in the main event scene for 2 months only to come back later and try to pretend their tag belts are still worth something, allegedly. That’s chicken shit and it’s a complaint other talents have had.

I don’t blame them. They’re standing up for themselves, they’re demanding what they’re being booked in stories that make the titles matter. And it’s Sasha going thru more booking issues around the tag titles as she was unhappy when her abs Bailey dropped them to a comedy team after working hard to get the titles over.

Unprofessional or not, I don’t see why anyone would back wwe here. More wrestlers should say something instead of taking shitty gimmicks and angles. It would help the product.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #51
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickman View Post
i don't know why naomi was not part of the bloodline story line anyway. the last year she should have been heeling it up with them.
I’m pretty sure they want Naomi to be a babyface role-model. I’m a shitty world where kayfabe is dead, she can be inspirational as a heel, but eh. I don’t know how captivating her performances as a heel would be either. Then you’ve got to dedicate a certain amount of time to that specific part of the Bloodline angle, which could drag it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai Seph View Post
The statement WWE put out has me convinced this is a work. Extremely off brand for them. Also I'd believe it 100x more if it was just Sasha walking out.
Their statement completely shatters kayfabe and really has tones of “ungrateful little marks for themselves.” It did give me pause that apparently Russo was sniffing around for a job and then this happens, because this is exactly the sort of shit he would try to pull in fiction — but I think the most likely explanation is simply that it’s a hot-headed response to bury the women’s disposition of “this is about respect” before the company decides to bury them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickman View Post
anyway it gets rid of the womans tag titles work or shoot. vince hates tag teams he is also not much into womans wrestling.
The thought occurred to me that WWE could just come out and deny those belts ever existed, lol. How’s that for putting respect onto them? But I don’t know where this idea that Vince isn’t keen on women’s wrestling comes from. I mean, sure — modern society ties his hands a little bit, but he’s pushed the women hard even when he hasn’t “had to.”

I also think the tag team thing is a myth that is perpetuated by internet lore. There’s probably validity to the claim that he sees more star value in individuals when they are truly over, and that makes sense. But it’s blown way out of proportion when you consider the function tag team wrestling plays and how some of the biggest acts he’s had over the past 6 years have been tag teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
I don't know, I love a good walk out story, but it's Sasha Banks and Naomi. I'm sure the company could really give a shit lol
I think this is what rubs me the wrong way about it if it is a shoot. I can totally imagine Sasha overrating her star power and Naomi thinking she can pull whatever because she married in. There’s still undercurrent of “we’re so important” when they’re realistically not, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
The women's tag titles are not high profile. They are an afterthought. For reasons you just listed. And sure, you can say well now is your chance to be part of elevating these titles...but by that account, they were planning on making them even more irrelevant, despite Sasha and Naomi bringing up their concerns in a professional manner several times.

So the question is, how much shit are you going to eat, before you say go fuck yourself? And keep in mind this is not a young wrestler who has yet to make it big, where said shit eating is expected. Its two people who have been at the top as champions for years now, and then they're told they're going to essentialy be enhancement talent for the singles champions and then theyre going to disappear for no reason.
You’re making valid points, but it all carries a tone of being a bit of mark for yourself and the belts. It’s such an internet smark thing to do to count up the number of tag teams and try to work out the average amount of ring time and Dave Meltzer stars associated with a division to determine its worth.

I was a critic of the tag belts in the first place, but the reason they are there is for the optics of equality and as a functional tool to throw a bouy to four or more women that aren’t involved in the big singles matches on that side of things. They’re busy pushing Bianca, Becky, Charlotte and Ronda? Throw the tag belts on Sasha & Naomi for a few months. Then they can split and go for the singles belts when there’s an opening. That’s literally what they’re there for, and the whole “well, we don’t have feuds and a plethora of future challengers” reeks of “bitches, it’s fucking fake and know the spot you’re in it.”

The belts have been around for a number of years now. They do what they want them to do just fine. Sometimes they are on an act they want to keep together, sometimes they go to women that are using it as a pit stop. If they want to push a team for an extended period, that opportunity will be there for them. If they never find that team? Who fucking cares? Throwing your second hissy fit (in Sasha’s case) kind of just makes you look like a mark who thinks you need to have 8 teams in a tag division that all dress like their partners to have a successful one.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:04 PM   #52
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Pretty much. Giving them the belts, only to have them plugged into separate feuds, doesn’t elevate the tag belts. They’re being put into a position to join in the main event scene for 2 months only to come back later and try to pretend their tag belts are still worth something, allegedly. That’s chicken shit and it’s a complaint other talents have had.

I don’t blame them. They’re standing up for themselves, they’re demanding what they’re being booked in stories that make the titles matter. And it’s Sasha going thru more booking issues around the tag titles as she was unhappy when her abs Bailey dropped them to a comedy team after working hard to get the titles over.

Unprofessional or not, I don’t see why anyone would back wwe here. More wrestlers should say something instead of taking shitty gimmicks and angles. It would help the product.
As a fan of wrestling, I agree with you. I wish every wrestling company would make every single championship title and the feuds and wrestlers highlighting them seem important.

As a realist though in 2022, I don't think the WWE (i.e. Vince) really cares about secondary things like belts and storylines anymore. He knows the same people will watch no matter what's on tv these days. Maybe with the exception of Brock, I'd argue there's not one "entertainer" that's over anymore. And I don't even think Brock is as valuable as he was. WWE could just plug anyone in and get the same or even an increase in revenue in their product. They seem to be breaking records every year. And that's exactly what they want. They don't want guys like Rock or Austin (i.e. a few people carrying the load).

So that's my point on them caring less if Sasha or Naomi walked out. they'll just plug in two other people to fill that role and it'll be business as usual

It's terrible for wrestlers, but great for the company
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:15 PM   #53
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
After all these years, Sasha Banks finally had the balls to do it.

ClockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:21 PM   #54
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
Seems odd that WWE put out that statement when usually "card subject to change" is their go-to reason. Who knows if we'll find out the details here but this is way more interesting than pretty much anything the women's tag team division has done on TV.
I mean, it started off hot, with her and Bayley as The Boss and Hug Connection becoming the inaugural champions of the current version. But because Vince says we're not allowed to have nice things anymore, instead of having them retain at WrestleMania 35, as they should have, nope they had them drop the belts to The Iiconics. That was when I stopped caring about the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:31 PM   #55
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon View Post
The statement put out by WWE is the weirdest part of this. One, they never put out a statement like this ever. And two, this company does public relations as well as anyone. They are so protective of their image and brand. And yet that’s the statement they put out? It looks like it was written in about 3 minutes and publicly calls out their own employees while breaking kayfabe. It’s so sloppy and really out of character for a company that tries to keep such a polished image.
(’Taker voice) YOU THINK THIS IS FAKE?!
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:38 PM   #56
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:40 PM   #57
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Lol what? Naomis husband has gotten more chances than Jeff Hardy. Come on now.
Naomi's husband is a black woman?

Also, WWE didn't release that kind of statement when Jeff walked out or her husband got another DUI
It's a really strange press release
Old 05-17-2022, 01:41 PM   #58
slik
Trickster Demon

Rumor going around is Molly Holly was one of the producers Sasha got in an argument with
Old 05-17-2022, 02:09 PM   #59
Stu Hart

Stu Hart has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Stu Hart has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Stu Hart has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Stu Hart has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Stu Hart has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Stu Hart has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Stu Hart has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
they look like trannies
Stu Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:15 PM   #60
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Even when Austin walked out, they didn't instantly put out a statement. They didn't call him out on the same episode. It just seems if it were real WWE wouldnt have reported it so quickly.
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:22 PM   #61
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slik View Post
Naomi's husband is a black woman?

Also, WWE didn't release that kind of statement when Jeff walked out or her husband got another DUI
It's a really strange press release
Nah, they just fired Jeff on the spot and told everyones its because he wouldn't go to rehab, knowing the implication is that this means he's on drugs again. Let me know when someone else has to do the whole piss test angle. They shat all over Jeff. For YEARS.

And Jeff walked out of a house show, not the main event of RAW.

I agree it's a strange release, but basically claiming this is racism/sexism is a hell of a reach at this point with what is actually known, which is basically next to nothing.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:24 PM   #62
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This is gonna end with something stupid where they "walked out on RAW" and show up on SD instead.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:24 PM   #63
slik
Trickster Demon

Quote:
claiming this is racism/sexism is a hell of a reach
...But I didn't claim that

I said it was bad optics because it will be perceived as that, and I can tell you plenty of people on twitter have already viewed the situation that way
Old 05-17-2022, 02:29 PM   #64
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Nah, they just fired Jeff on the spot and told everyones its because he wouldn't go to rehab, knowing the implication is that this means he's on drugs again. Let me know when someone else has to do the whole piss test angle. They shat all over Jeff. For YEARS.

And Jeff walked out of a house show, not the main event of RAW.

I agree it's a strange release, but basically claiming this is racism/sexism is a hell of a reach at this point with what is actually known, which is basically next to nothing.
They did the same segment with Shawn Michaels, almost word for word

Old 05-17-2022, 02:39 PM   #65
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

Meltzer weighs in:

Old 05-17-2022, 03:00 PM   #66
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Meltzer weighs in:

Old 05-17-2022, 03:17 PM   #67
slik
Trickster Demon

Old 05-17-2022, 03:27 PM   #68
Mr. Nerfect

Their hottest story is about whether or not their rising star is going to leave when his deal is up to go to greener pastures…
Old 05-17-2022, 03:30 PM   #69
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

Of course DBag Phil would try to virtue stan about this on Twitter and act tough to Matt Cardona since Phil doesn't have to worry about running into the Broski at AEW and taking another L in a real fight.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:30 PM   #70
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Didn’t Cody stay and make a couple appearances AFTER his contract was up? How was that “walking out”? Lol
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:45 PM   #71
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Is that cumdorx’s handle?
Old 05-17-2022, 03:46 PM   #72
Damian Rey 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan View Post
Didn’t Cody stay and make a couple appearances AFTER his contract was up? How was that “walking out”? Lol
You see, the problem here is logic is being applied and there’s no place for that
Old 05-17-2022, 04:24 PM   #73
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Is that cumdorx’s handle?
Yeah, im on Twitter like the Padres are World Series Champions
Old 05-17-2022, 04:48 PM   #74
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post

you missunderstand. i didnt claim the tag belts were high profile i claimed a singles fued with rousey was. fuck the tag belts. theyre arent half enough women to have that token title. they came back offered sasha the highest profile program they have. and she walked.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:49 PM   #75
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Dastard View Post
@Supreme—Well it’s similar to what happened when Austin walked out and how they had themselves a little tantrum about it. Different company now of course but they still made sure to bring in the Rock to bury Steve on live tv. That’s after he was basically the sole reason they “won the war.”

I’m surprised the statement didn’t have something about Sasha and Naomi taking their ball and going home.

Eh, anyways, not a huge fan of Sasha based on what I know about her as a person but I’m all for talents giving the office a headache.
should be noted that austin views this as a mistake in hindsight
Old 05-17-2022, 05:02 PM   #76
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

Quote:
should be noted that austin views this as a mistake in hindsight
Walking out was a mistake, but he was 100% correct, you dont waste Austin vs Lesnar unannounced on free tv. I still have no idea what they were thinking with that one.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:18 PM   #77
Destor
I am the cheese

that sounds like a really exciting episode to me. its good every few years to do something major on free tv.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:47 PM   #78
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slik View Post
I mean...

Imagine rebranding Alexa Bliss but still wanting to make money from the merchant of her last gimmick, so you send her out with new music, old Alexa look, but MAKE HER CARRY HER MERCH DOLL!!

This is today's WWE.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:51 PM   #79
Destor
I am the cheese

good for bliss. she stands to make more off that doll than her salary if she's over enough
Old 05-17-2022, 05:56 PM   #80
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So its subjective
RP is offline   Reply With Quote