TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-17-2003, 10:54 PM   #1
Bazooka
brothas gonna work it out

Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
I ordered NWA-TNA for the first time.(spoilers)

It was actually kinda good, but boring.

Sting vs Jeff Jarret
This was surprisingly the first match. Sting vs Jeff Jarret was a letdown, being only 2 mins in the ring and the rest of it clubbing each other through the crowd. Aj interfered and hung JJ off the top rope, after the scropion death drop was delivered. Sting wins.

X DIVISION MATCH
Chris Sabin vs. The Fallen Angel
Decent match, with Fallen Angel picking up the win after Elix Skipper interfered and hit Sabin, causing Daniels to get the win.

NASHVILLE STREET FIGHT
America's Most Wanted vs. Glenn Gilberti and David Young
Kinda slobby, but AMW pick up the win after Chris Harris delivers a spear to Gilberti into a latter. Then Storm delivers a front senton through a table to David Young to pick up the win.

HOLIDAY WISHLIST MATCH
AJ Styles and D'Lo Brown vs. Simon and Swinger
AJ Styles was phenominal in this match, and delivered everything pefectly. Dlo was also at the top of his game, which presented a great match. However near the end Dlo and Aj went to the opposing turnbuckles and out came Jeff. Aj saw JJ and went to jump across onto him, and came up short, and smacked hard on the floor. The match became a DQ.

X CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Champion Michael Shane vs. Low Ki
Before the match Low Ki was interviewed, and he sounds like Shaq, but anyways Elix came out and babbled about something.
Ok, match. Michael seems to work alot like Shawn Micheals, and they look alot alike. Low ki was great though. The match ended with Lowki delivering a twisting 450 splash onto Michael's legs, then Michael rolling him up.

MAIN EVENT

-

STEEL CAGE MATCH
Before the match, Raven and the gathering were sitting around a nice candle light setting. Raven delivered a promo about how if he won this match he would recieve his title shot, and this was his destiny.
Raven and the Gathering vs. Abyss, Northcutt and Legend
Slobber fest, nothing really special about this match. The Match displayed The Gathering showing alot of tripple team moves: tripple kicks, tripple punches, and just very well cooreographed. The ending was a shock. JJ threw in some hand cuffs, and Northcutt delivered shots to the head of the Gathering. Shortly after Dinero and Cm Punk delivered sloppy con chairto's to The red shirt security. Then Raven went and set up Abyss for the evenflow. This is when it backfired. Punk and Dinero dilevered a con-chair-to to Raven and threw abyss on top. Then Punk and Dinero stood in Ravens stance as the show went off the air.
Bazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
Loose Cannon

Punk and Dinero turned on Raven. Wow thats pretty cool.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
KayfabeMan
TPWW's Glass Ceiling

KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Book Sting and bring him in for an opening match/waste of time...booking @ it's best as showcased by NWA-TNA
KayfabeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:14 PM   #4
Bazooka

Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Bazooka has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Oh yeah, I forgot to include that after JJ threw the handcuffs in the ring for Northcut to use, Sting came out and body splashed JJ and then AJ body splashed JJ.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:24 PM   #5
Head
Shocker

Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)
Do they have live webcasts of their PPVs or weekly shows like WWE does?
Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:25 PM   #6
Bazooka

Yes, they do. www.nwatna.com it is there.
edit:under multimedia.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
Head
Shocker

Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)
Only has archived PPVs on there.

"Please note - due to Pay-Per-View restricitons, TNA must allow 45 days after the most recent live broadcast to post it online for fan viewing."

Damn Cablevision.
Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 10:29 AM   #8
blake639raw
The Iconoclast

blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)
If anybody has never watched TNA before, and was waiting for a good week to plop down $10, I would highly recommend this weeks' show. Almost all of their best talent is showcased, and I think it was a really solid show, bar the Sting-Jarrett match.
blake639raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #9
Mr. JL

Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)
I ordered last weeks Pay Per View and I ordered this weeks Pay Per View and I was impressed. I questioned the reasoning for the Jarrett-Sting match to go first but it certainly pumped the crowd up, even if they battled in the crowd. The only thing I wish is for Sting to wrestle the type of matches he used to back in his NWA run/early WCW run. Raven just kicks ass, I love his promo's. AJ is phenomenal. There are great superstars in the comnpany.

As impressed as I was I won't be ordering another NWA: TNA Pay Per View event. I just don't have $10 to spend each week. They desperatly need a TV deal or they're going to crumble.
Mr. JL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:05 PM   #10
Gertner

God is the Red Shirt Security ever terrible.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:14 PM   #11
Bazooka

Legend isn't that terrible, his style reminds me alot of Rhyno.