TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > sports forum

Old 12-28-2003, 02:20 PM   #1
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
DISGUSTED Canucks fan (Jim Robson's comments are 100% true)

Oilers 6 Canucks 2

When Elliot 'Toronto' Freidmann interviewed the Legend 'Jim Robson' during the canucks game last night, he asked Jimmy if he thinks this Canuck team is good enough to go all the way. His answer...NO. When Robson speaks, you listen, he has no agenda, he just knows hockey plain and simple. Calls it as he sees it like saying Bob Cole is a lousy play by play man, etc.

Is it no surprise that Robson makes the astute observation in saying that the Canucks "NEED TO GET TOUGHER" and "NEED ANOTHER CENTRE-MAN" to help bring in some scoring. The two glaring weeknesses on this team - a bunch of panzies (to many Euro's) and one scoring line and three 3rd lines. Burke are you listening? After tonight, I cannot see how you - Burke cannot see that some things need addressing and that is what the Jim-man says, "Get tougher and Get a 2nd line". This team sucks, I can't watch them, too ****ing painful.

When Mattias Ohlund has to fight Jason Smith, isn't that handwriting on the wall? BTW, good on ya, Mattias but we can't afford to have you go down to an injury from a fight. If Burke isn't embarrassed by the fact that Ohlund is having to fight and that Matt Cooke and his 5'11 frame is the only one willing to show some gumption then I guess he is still a believer of team toughness, yeah right. So in the mean-time, the sisters will continue to be everyone's bitch night in night out and Brad May will have to keep on fighting the heavyweights.

This team ain't going far in the playoffs, not this current bunch. If Burke hasn't woken up and smelled the coffee tonight, I don't know what will wake him from his coma...pull the ****ing trigger. Oh yeah, Bertuzzi, you absolutely suck right now. If I see you play soccer with the puck like that ****ing weasel Pavel Bure one more time I am going to demand trade.

Poor Alex Auld, yes he let in some softies, but the players in front of him did not want to play tonight, I believe Bertuzzi and his lazy ass ways set this laddy da tone for the forwards tonight "lets just put it in cruise control boys and watch me bitch and complain at every offside call".

Make some moves Burkie, I don't like this team.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
KleptoKlown
You're a Fucken Samsquach

KleptoKlown has a good deal of rep (10,000+)KleptoKlown has a good deal of rep (10,000+)KleptoKlown has a good deal of rep (10,000+)KleptoKlown has a good deal of rep (10,000+)KleptoKlown has a good deal of rep (10,000+)KleptoKlown has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
off the bandwagon that quickly eh?

hopefully the ass kicking will be a wake up call.

yes, we need a better enforcer, big dumb tough guys are a dime a dozen though.

im not ready to push the panic button right away. They could use some tweaking, but they are a way better team than most of the other teams out there, as well as being fairly financialy responsible.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:45 PM   #3
YOUR Hero

They've been trying to get a #2 center for years. I don't know what the problem is.

Bertuzzi needs to be a grinder, a no nonsence power forward again. None of his fancy stickhandling.

They picked up a tough guy, then put him right back on waivers, he was picked up by Ottawa. Happened so fast, I forget the guys name.

Old 12-28-2003, 03:02 PM   #4
da_king

da_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be banned

wade brookbank or something. still though you need tough guys who can play as opposed to a pure goon who'll be in and out of the lineup taking up someone elses roster spot. a goon is also pretty useless in the playoffs. i think we have guys capable of playing tough (jovo, bert, cooke, allen, may, linden) and stepping up to the plate when needed, they just need to do it. we definately need more depth and it might be time to give up some prospects for guys who can step in now. if naslund ever gets injured, we're screwed. as far as bertuzzi goes, i dunno if it's a coaching thing or if bert's just saving himself for the playoffs rather then getting burnt out early but he certainly isn't as much a physical presence as he was the last couple of seasons. anyways i have confidence that burke will probably pull something off at around the trading deadline, especially with the uncertainty of a labour dispute looming for next season.

Old 12-28-2003, 03:07 PM   #5
Y2Ant
Crows Before Hoes

Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I bet Dan Cloutier wouldn't have let any in

*gets shot by the Klown*
Old 12-28-2003, 03:15 PM   #6
YOUR Hero

Comrie would've been a nice fit. Whittney too. Hell. go get Ronning for awhile. I remember a player by the name of Butch Goring being the spark plug that propelled the NY Islanders into a cup winner instead of a cup contender. Same as Rick Middleton for the Bruins.

Old 12-28-2003, 04:20 PM   #7
PsychoSport
King of Awesome.

PsychoSport has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)PsychoSport has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Or Shannon Stewart for the Twins...

I didn't read your post, but I read the part about Bertuzzi and I couldn't agree more. The guy's not even trying out there, he's just sorta coasting along the ice, trying to be fancy. Who does he think he is? He doesn't dominate a game the way he used to. He probably could, but there's no effort at all. Lazy.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:24 PM   #8
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]{lepto]{lown
off the bandwagon that quickly eh?
Not really. More of an awakening more than anything. The canucks are a great team no doubt, but they're PRETENDERS.......not CONTENDERS. I came to this conclusion after watching last night's game and listening to Jim Robson (a man who knows more about hockey in the left hemisphere of his wrinkly balls than Don Cherry and Blob McKenzie know in general).

Unless they get a 2nd line center, get their PP going, and get a CONSISTENT playoff oriented goalie, the canucks will always be one-upped come playoff time.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:38 PM   #9
road doggy dogg

LOL Christ, that's worse than a Leafs fan.

"The Canucks lost to Edmonton, they will NOT do anything this season."

Old 12-28-2003, 06:25 PM   #10
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Canucks haven't been playing at the top of their games for a while now.

CAnucks will make the playoffs and the canucks WILL have a respectable season, but they will NOT win the cup with the team they have right now.

Changes need to be made.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #11
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Another canuck rant

I don’t care that it was their 2nd game in as many nights. They played poorly as a team. They were ugly in so many facets of the game, it is difficult to figure out where to start. However, there were a few players that *really* outshone the others with their pathetic play.

Alex Auld was absolutely awful. He should have been pulled after the 3rd goal. The first and 3rd goals were absolutely atrocious - the goal by Isbister was absolutely unforgivable. Auld was just flailing around in the crease out of control. He should have had Dvorak's shot easily. Ditto with Hemsky on the last goal. A miserable effort by Auld.

Todd Bertuzzi was completely worthless on the ice. The Canucks would have been better off if he had been scratched. He just floated all night. Did ZIP. No intensity. Barely went in front of the net. Made terrible passes. Horrible. He did the same thing against Calgary. I am not kidding. He needs to give his head a shake. Were I the coach, I would bench his ass for a game.

Brendan Morrison can’t win a face off in the offensive zone to save his life. Not just last night, but for the past 2 months. One reason the PP is not scoring is that they are not getting set up BECAUSE MORRISON CANNOT WIN A FEWKING DRAW!!! Not to mention that the Big Line played with no heart or intensity tonite on the PP or on most nights for that matter.

Jovanoski also stunk. A wonderful -3 on the night sums up a lot of how he played. Giveaways. Missed assignments. I know folks have talked in the past (and this season) about Jovanoski winning a Norris Trophy. Total crap.

Slegr played decently early, though he is so offensively-minded that he makes too many stupid chances and plays lazy defense. I hope Salo comes back soon. Like tomorrow.

A few high notes…

Sedin line was the most dangerous line offensively. Had some nice chances and capitalized on one of them. I think they were credited with 12 of the Canucks 33 shots. They also looked more dangerous on the PP as a unit than the Big Line.

Nice to see Cooke back in the lineup. Shows a lot of guts to go up against Laraque and it was also good to see Allen backing him up.

May broke his goal/point scoring slump. Big deal.

Overall, the single most pathetic team performance of the season – topping the miserable win the Canucks got against the Kings in LA early in the season.

Crawford needs to ream a few new assholes as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #12
YOUR Hero

problem with the Sedins is they often look dangerous and cycle in the oppositions zone real well, but they can't finish. Now that people know to give King some attention, he's done nothing either.

Old 12-28-2003, 07:32 PM   #13
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR Hero
problem with the Sedins is they often look dangerous and cycle in the oppositions zone real well, but they can't finish. Now that people know to give King some attention, he's done nothing either.
I'm wondering if the canucks should consider packaging the Sedin twins for a solid 2nd line center (if that's possible). The Sedin's must have decent trade value right now.

Not sure if it's feasible, but who knows. You're right about the 'Mattress' line though. The Sedin's aren't finishers, and King is getting more attention now.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:23 AM   #14
PsychoSport
King of Awesome.

PsychoSport has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)PsychoSport has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR Hero
Exactly, all the other team has to do is shut down King and the whole line is absolutely useless.

Another note on Bertuzzi: Did you see how many times he was offside? In the first period alone, he was the direct cause of at least 5 offsides. Absolutely ridiculous. Now I know why teams like the Bruins never want to pay anyone good money.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:24 AM   #15
PsychoSport
King of Awesome.

By the way, where are you stealing these posts from?