TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 03-17-2004, 01:50 PM   #1
Joe Kerr
my other rides your mom

Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)
Mortal Kombat : Deception

Midway has revealed a few bits of information about the latest Mortal Kombat(for Playstation and X-box) title, Mortal Kombat: Deception. using an enhanced version of the Deadly Alliance engine, Midway promises photo-realistic characters models as well as multi-tiered enviroments and- in a first for the series - ONLINE PLAY. The newlyreleased trailer offered up even more detail. Baraka appears prominently, While Sub-zero, Scorpion, and Mileena make cameos. Some grislt stage fatalities were shown as well - one character tossed into a lava pool, and another was kicked in between two giant spiked post, Which ground the character into paste and sprayed blood every where. As if that wasnt enough to get your blood lust on, Deception is taking the series to exciting new places. It will feature several intriguing gameplay types, including a free-roaming quest mode (with time-sensitive fights) where youll unlock MK items as you go. Also confirmed are a chess based battle mode and a very interesting puzzle game type reminiscent of super puzzle fighter 2 turbo. Best of all each of these modes is available online.

taken from Game Informer Magazine.

Xbox live gamer tag Joey Radd

If you dont like me...there must be something wrong with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post

Joey Radd is like the bestest there has ever been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterlife View Post
Hopefully, I'll be gaining decent weight when I start the non-semen protein shakes. When I start them, I'll be more inclined to lift.

Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics...no matter who wins you're still retarded.

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/joe6
Joe Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
Funky Fly

I officially hate Midway for depriving us Nintendo fans. :foc:
Old 03-17-2004, 02:08 PM   #3
Coco Cow

Coco Cow does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Fly
I officially hate Midway for depriving us Nintendo fans. :foc:
I second the sentiment :foc:
Coco Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
Joe Kerr
my other rides your mom

Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)Joe Kerr is a chill bro (7,500+)
i think its mostly because they wanted online play.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #5
ColdwaVer
Darth Teedious

ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminem
a free-roaming quest mode (with time-sensitive fights)
*orgasms* That sounds awesome.
ColdwaVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:02 PM   #6
Funky Fly

That's it, I'm going to the dark side.

I am going to acquire a PS2 somewhere down the line.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:55 AM   #7
Vietnamese Crippler
Unnecessarily awesome

Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Funky you traitor
Vietnamese Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM   #8
Funky Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnamese Crippler
Funky you traitor
I am not selling my GC (or other Nintendo items ), but I will purchase other systems when I have time and money.

I'm sick of not getting any Tekken or Virtua Fighter of Dead or Alive or other hott games that I can only play at a friend's house.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:07 PM   #9
ColdwaVer
Darth Teedious

ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Fly
That's it, I'm going to the dark side.

I am going to acquire a PS2 somewhere down the line.
Eeeeexcellent.
[/Mr Burns]
ColdwaVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #10
Funky Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdwaVer
Eeeeexcellent.
[/Mr Burns]
I will burn it, if Tekken comes to Gamecube, though.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:00 PM   #11
Joe Kerr
my other rides your mom

anybody have a character list yet?

I heard Noob Sabot is in it and he is grey and black. Baraka looks wicked bad. Those are the only two ive heard of.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #12
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Before I chat MK6, I gotta address this 'system racism'.

Gentlemen, how old are you ? The days of, "Nintendo's better than Sega!" should remain in your middle school years, unless you're still in those days. Don't think any one of the big three is the 'end all' system simply because you have it. Take each system for what it is, the goods and the bad; cause they both have 'em. Each system has great reasons to be played and each reason has merit in the gaming world. Be it a 16 player Halo session or a four player Mario Kart Double Dash party. I personally play whatever's good on whatever system, I'm not gonna miss out on Metal Gear because I'm a Nintendo fan. Or Metroid Prime because I'm down with Sony. You get the idea; hopefully.

Now Mortal Kombat is strangely cool for the fact that it doesn't try to excell the fighting genra in technology, but in good 'ol fashion 'what's fun?' thinking. The makers of MK always thought about the fans when they produce their games, anyone could tell. MK6 won't look as good or play as good as the next DOA, Soul Calibur, or Virtua Fighter; but it's still gonna be a top selling American made fighter. And we need more of those anyway.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:39 PM   #13
SuperSlim
*Oh Sh*t*

SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
it sounds aight
SuperSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #14
Joe Kerr
my other rides your mom

The original Mortal kombat wasnt suppose to last. It was something they through together just for fun. Once the game became popular (mainly do to the incredible amount of blood in a 16 bit system) They decided to market the Game into the best fighting game. I do say fighting game now. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance focused on the fighting part of Mortal Kombat. The Characters still had there Hightened, unreal moves (fireballs, soul stealing,laser eyes,etc.etc.) but also gave them all 2 martinal arts fighting styles both with there own move set and a weapon style fighting with its own move set.

As for your "nintendo's better than Sega" speech. Some Game systems are indeed better than others not because you own it but because of Qualitie and game play. Systems such as Nintendos Virtual Red had nothing to offer the games were red coloured and boring to play. Hence the reason only a handful of games were made and the system was shortly taken off the shelf. Segas Dreamcast died off not because of Graphics but because of bulky controlers and Lack of good games. Its not a matter of what you own or what you favor but what the qualitie of the system is and the games it has to offer.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:02 AM   #15
What Would Kevin Do?
Ninja Mod, Esquire

What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Noob is in, as is Ermac, and Nightwolf
What Would Kevin Do? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:55 AM   #16
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminem
As for your "nintendo's better than Sega" speech. Some Game systems are indeed better than others not because you own it but because of Qualitie and game play. Its not a matter of what you own or what you favor but what the qualitie of the system is and the games it has to offer.
Would you miss out on a great game because you believe it's on an inferior system? Do you not believe that the reletively weaker GBA can have a game that beats a console game in both gameplay and presentation? The Dreamcast had a sad short life and the Virtual Boy seems to be ressurrecting as a Nintendo DS, but neither of those 'gimmicks' were my focus in my speech. I was talking about the big three that's the core of such a discussion. You think I'd take someone who chooses a Virtual Boy over a PS2 serious enough to reply? I'd pretty much give you the 'agreeing without looking like it' award to you seeing as how there's nothing in your reply that's really a counter-point ot mine. Especially after you read both of ours closely.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:34 PM   #17
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by What Would Kevin Do?
Noob is in, as is Ermac, and Nightwolf
I'm pretty sure Mileena is back, too.

I am gonna be uber-pissed if they're bringing back obscure folks like Ermac and Nightwolf, and Liu Kang stays dead. Hell, I'll probably still buy it (as long as they change that godawful system of buying unlockables)
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote