PDA

View Full Version : Random Comic Book Thoughts

Pages : [1] 2 3

Vastardikai
05-06-2010, 08:59 AM
* Iron Man vs. Magneto would probably be the most one-sided fight ever. Unless Tony has some Plastic Armor, he's more or less wearing his own coffin into battle.

* Battle of the most ridiculously over-powered concepts EVER: Green-Lantern Batman vs. Red-Lantern Hulk.

Feel free to add.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Magneto has realistically the most powerful ability outside of telekinesis or telepathy, he would ruin most guys that come up against him in all honestly.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 12:27 PM
* Battle of the most ridiculously over-powered concepts EVER: Green-Lantern Batman vs. Red-Lantern Hulk.

Then Superman comes by, he is pretty much over-powered as is.

Kane Knight
05-06-2010, 12:39 PM
* Iron Man vs. Magneto would probably be the most one-sided fight ever. Unless Tony has some Plastic Armor, he's more or less wearing his own coffin into battle.

Yeah, but bad guys are dumb. Magneto's pretty fucking powerful, but he only thought to de-adamantium Wolverine after nearly 30 years? He'd probably bat Stark around for a while, until the second act, where Stark would triumph anyway.

Pretty much anyone versus Magento would be one-sided. You know, if comics were written with sense in mind, instead of archetypical stories that suspend disbelief.

YOU WILL BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE WITH THE POWERS OF A GOD WOULD ROB BANKS FOR MONEY!

Lock Jaw
05-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah, Cosmic Boy from the Legion of Super-Heroes pretty much has the same powers as Magneto but has NEVER been portrayed as that powerful.

Probably because then there wouldn't be anything for the other 573 members of the Legion to do.

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Magneto has realistically the most powerful ability outside of telekinesis or telepathy, he would ruin most guys that come up against him in all honestly.

Not even close. Anyone not wearing metal, or not in an area full of metal objects, would beat the shit out of Magneto. Without that advantage he's an old man in a red body glove.

That's not even counting superheroes who are immune to anything he can throw at them. What's he going to do against Superman, or Hulk, or hundreds of other superheroes who are immune to conventional projectiles? Throw metal scraps at them? The best he can do is throw a tank or something.

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Dr. Manhattan would blow every atom in his body apart before he could even find a spoon to throw at him with his mind

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Not even close. Anyone not wearing metal, or not in an area full of metal objects, would beat the shit out of Magneto. Without that advantage he's an old man in a red body glove.

That's not even counting superheroes who are immune to anything he can throw at them. What's he going to do against Superman, or Hulk, or hundreds of other superheroes who are immune to conventional projectiles? Throw metal scraps at them? The best he can do is throw a tank or something.

So why would magneto be so dumb as to be lured to a place where there isn't metal. And outside the unfairly invicible supers, Magneto pretty much has a trump card.

Skippord
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Sentinels made of plastic can handle Magneto

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 01:51 PM
I've always hated the idea of using plastic weapons as Magneto's foil. It is so stupid, plastics techinology is no where near that point, nor do I think it ever will be.

Now ceramics on the other hand is already here. Ceramic knives are sharper than metal knives. Ceramic armour for tanks exist, and when layered with with kevlar is stronger than metal armor. So a ceramic Sentinel would be much more realistic.

dronepool
05-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Sentinels made of plastic can handle Magneto

No they can't. He could use metal objects to impale them/damage them.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 02:03 PM
No they can't. He could use metal objects to impale them/damage them.

Or they would break under the stresses of just moving.

Lock Jaw
05-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I've always hated the idea of using plastic weapons as Magneto's foil. It is so stupid, plastics techinology is no where near that point, nor do I think it ever will be.

The Marvel Universe's level of technology is presented as above our own (and above the DC Universe).

They've got flying cars, robot decoy people, flying hellicarriers...

Not to mention half the stuff that Reed Richards, Hank Pym, and Tony Stark make.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 04:32 PM
I know. But plastics as strong as metals are just not possible. I just have a hard time buying that.

Skippord
05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
it's a comic book

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Magneto has shown, depending on his dramatically varying level of power this week, the ability to manipulate the iron at the base level of the human blood stream--thus slowing down the flow of blood to the brain and suffocating people.

He has deflected blows from a Captain Universe with the strength of his shield.

His shielding has withstood nukes, and blasts from the Phoenix.

He can reverse gravity up to 500 feet from himself.

He can open up the earth and create god damn volcanoes.

He can amplify his own strength and durability to class 100 levels, to the extent that he's broken out of Hercules' grasp, knocked out Rogue with a single punch, and taken full blasts from Bishop and keep going.

And I can dig up full panel scans of all of this shit, if need be. Magneto is a fucking monster.

Nevermind that even one, single iota of metal--a belt buckle or an earring or your car keys--can easily be enough to murder the shit out of you if he makes it go fast enough (and he can).

mitchables
05-06-2010, 05:35 PM
yeah, come on. magneto is ruthless. his magnetic forces alone will ruin your shit, much less if there's any metal about. if he was really stuck he could always shape his helmet into whatever lethal thing he wanted since if he was fighting hulk or superman, he is not going to be terribly worried about mind control.

also, this is the man who - in two separate continuities - has ripped the adamantium straight from wolverine's bones.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM
it's a comic book

There is a difference between suspenion of disbelief and asking me to forget everything I know and be a retard.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
yeah, come on. magneto is ruthless. his magnetic forces alone will ruin your shit, much less if there's any metal about. if he was really stuck he could always shape his helmet into whatever lethal thing he wanted since if he was fighting hulk or superman, he is not going to be terribly worried about mind control.

also, this is the man who - in two separate continuities - has ripped the adamantium straight from wolverine's bones.

He has ripped cable apart too, correct? I think he did a number on Colossus as well. Metal can be found everywhere on earth, plus the magnetic fields on earth are all over. He is pretty much a God.

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
but what about all of the other superheroes that are depicted as having near godly powers. How is his power greater than that of Superman or others?
The powers of heroes are brought to whatever level they can be by the writers. Magneto is a powerhouse of the character, so they find ways for him to do those things.

DaveBrawl
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Magneto is a fucking monster.

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Hulk has infinite potential, because his power increases exponentially as he gets angry. If something is stopping him, he just gets angrier and more and more powerful

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Magneto is incredible, don't get me wrong. I just think he's manageable if you have metal out of the equation. But apparently there are ways to link everything to metal, so fair enough.
I think that's more deus ex machina by the writers, since he's the main villain of the Xmen universe and easily one of the greatest comic characters of alltime.

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2010, 05:43 PM
but what about all of the other superheroes that are depicted as having near godly powers. How is his power greater than that of Superman or others?
The powers of heroes are brought to whatever level they can be by the writers. Magneto is a powerhouse of the character, so they find ways for him to do those things.

I don't think anyone's going to argue that Mags can take Superman, Dr. Manhattan, Silver Surfer, Thor, or any other of the "high tiers"--but anybody street level on down, from Luke Cage to Tony Stark to Captain America to Batman are going to get the ever loving dog shit whipped out of them if they don't do some serious, ridiculous planning ahead of time. Magneto is approaching the "unstoppable" type characters like Dr. Strange and Juggernaut, and on a good day can even fuck some of THOSE guys up.

Inadequacy
05-06-2010, 05:45 PM
How many times has magneto lost his powers?

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Hulk has infinite potential, because his power increases exponentially as he gets angry. If something is stopping him, he just gets angrier and more and more powerful

Also, for as often as this statement gets tossed around in comic book argument circles it's bordering on utter bullshit. Human anger has finite limits, and Hulk does not automatically reach newfound plateaus of rage just for failing. Unless the Hulk's opponent murdered his wife or talked shit about his football team or something, Hulk's anger will cap off and his power will hit a peak somewhere. Any situation where the Hulk isn't directly emotionally invested is a dangerous situation for the Hulk, because he's only going to get so frustrated over not winning yet--and scenarios like that (where it's just a random dude) are the times when, say, the Juggernaut has taken the Hulk down.

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
But that's what I was talking about. I disagreed with the notion of Magneto having the most powerful ability of anyone.
I was really pointing out that metal is his bread and butter, and calling him an old guy in a suit to make a point. I meant that if he got into a situation where he was going toe to toe with a lot of other superheroes, and couldn't implement his power, he'd be fucked.
I love the character.

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
How many times has magneto lost his powers?

I think the X-Gene deactivates on holidays.

Inadequacy
05-06-2010, 05:49 PM
So I was reading Magneto's wikipedia page and it said something about Cyclops getting angry at him for helping the Atlanteans and giving them a new home.

Why is cyclops a dick?

KIRA
05-06-2010, 05:50 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/Gra7es/green-lantern-batman1.jpg
Sums up the batman lantern concept nicely

my question is who thought that was a good idea?

Ive always thought "Batman has to be a mortal" giving him anything else would be far too much

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 05:54 PM
So I was reading Magneto's wikipedia page and it said something about Cyclops getting angry at him for helping the Atlanteans and giving them a new home.

Why is cyclops a dick?

Cyclops is worthless if someone pokes his eyes out

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/Gra7es/green-lantern-batman1.jpg
Sums up the batman lantern concept nicely

my question is who thought that was a good idea?

Ive always thought "Batman has to be a mortal" giving him anything else would be far too much

http://ui22.gamespot.com/1717/earthavengerscarnage1_2.jpg

Carnage suit on Silver Surfer

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I've always been a bit of a mark for seeing various characters get the symbiote suits or Green Lantern ring.
It's a total gimmick, but it's interesting to see.

It's cool to see powers that can be transferred to others through possession of an object. Especially if the person who gets said powers is already superpowered.

Kane Knight
05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I know. But plastics as strong as metals are just not possible. I just have a hard time buying that.

Wrong.

God, he's pinned people with the iron in their blood.

Though Batman could whoop his ass.

Inadequacy
05-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I've always been a bit of a mark for seeing various characters get the symbiote suits or Green Lantern ring.
It's a total gimmick, but it's interesting to see.

It's cool to see powers that can be transferred to others through possession of an object. Especially if the person who gets said powers is already superpowered.

I enjoyed the recent Ms. Marvel as Venom

LuigiD
05-06-2010, 06:03 PM
When it comes to over powering people..this one is my favorite..
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15317/495341-327866_25961_venom_super_super.jpg

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Wrong.

God, he's pinned people with the iron in their blood.

Though Batman could whoop his ass.

Put a role call out for anemic superheroes

Vastardikai
05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Also, for as often as this statement gets tossed around in comic book argument circles it's bordering on utter bullshit. Human anger has finite limits, and Hulk does not automatically reach newfound plateaus of rage just for failing. Unless the Hulk's opponent murdered his wife or talked shit about his football team or something, Hulk's anger will cap off and his power will hit a peak somewhere. Any situation where the Hulk isn't directly emotionally invested is a dangerous situation for the Hulk, because he's only going to get so frustrated over not winning yet--and scenarios like that (where it's just a random dude) are the times when, say, the Juggernaut has taken the Hulk down.

Hence why Red Lantern Hulk would be epically over-powered.

XL
05-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I meant that if he got into a situation where he was going toe to toe with a lot of other superheroes, and couldn't implement his power, he'd be fucked.
Couldn't you say that about every superhero!?

Jeritron
05-06-2010, 10:44 PM
You could say that about every superhero but not every superhero's power is based of manipulating one substance? You get what I'm saying here?
I realize his powers extend deeper than I originally gave them credit, but for the most part they depend on having metal around him to work with.
This isn't a problem in any of the comics or movies, because the writers put that stuff at his disposal.
Other superheroes have powers that aren't conditional on environment. The only way they wouldn't be able to implement their power is if they had an achillies heel, like Superman's kryptonite.

Kalyx triaD
05-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Prof. X > Everyone.

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Prof. X > Everyone.

Hope that fucker brought a plastic wheelchair OHOHOHO

KIRA
05-06-2010, 11:19 PM
http://ui22.gamespot.com/1717/earthavengerscarnage1_2.jpg

Carnage suit on Silver Surfer

MADNESS! plain and simple

Kalyx triaD
05-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Silver Surfer could own 95% of Marvel without some crazy suit.

dronepool
05-06-2010, 11:39 PM
The symbiotes are cool but honestly they aren't shit if you know how to fight them. All you need is super sonics and they're done.

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Silver Surfer could own 95% of Marvel without some crazy suit.

Until somebody figures out the Surfer's weakness...

ARMLOCKS

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7604/746918-bpss_super.jpg

Kalyx triaD
05-06-2010, 11:49 PM
He must have had chicken hidden somewhere.

mitchables
05-06-2010, 11:55 PM
You could say that about every superhero but not every superhero's power is based of manipulating one substance? You get what I'm saying here?
I realize his powers extend deeper than I originally gave them credit, but for the most part they depend on having metal around him to work with.
This isn't a problem in any of the comics or movies, because the writers put that stuff at his disposal.
Other superheroes have powers that aren't conditional on environment. The only way they wouldn't be able to implement their power is if they had an achillies heel, like Superman's kryptonite.

superman's powers are derived from his environment though. he only has powers on earth because of our yellow sun. on krypton, under a red sun, there would be nothing super about him.

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Nevermind that metal isn't exactly in short supply anyway.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Prof. X > Everyone.

lol no

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Hes just a cripple to anyone with mental defenses. Which is a lot of fucking people in the MU.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Dr. Strange is pretty hax character. No bigger deus ex machina than "IT'S MAGIC!" You know why dr. strange wasn't in Onslaught? Because it would have lasted 2 seconds if he was.

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Until somebody figures out the Surfer's weakness...

ARMLOCKS

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7604/746918-bpss_super.jpg

Yeah, but Black Panther is basically Marvel's Batman. He beats everybody and everything. He'd probably destroy Galactus with an Armbar or something.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Also, batman would beat magneto. Doesn't matter how powerful a character is. Batman will find a way. I mean he killed Darkseid, ffs.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Oh, fuck yeah. You give Batman a couple of hours and the internet and he's taking down God. Batman caught by surprise tends to get fucked up pretty bad, though.

LuigiD
05-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Also, batman would beat magneto. Doesn't matter how powerful a character is. Batman will find a way. I mean he killed Darkseid, ffs.

How about Scarlet Witch?

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 01:36 AM
X-Men: First Class

http://www.passfailstudios.com/comics/44.jpg

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Fuckin' love that comic.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Oh, fuck yeah. You give Batman a couple of hours and the internet and he's taking down God. Batman caught by surprise tends to get fucked up pretty bad, though.

That very rarely happens. And even then it's no garauntee, as he is probably the most quick-thinking and resorceful characters in all of comics.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Might sound crazy but Ithink captain america has the best chance of beating batman. Just like batman always wins with his detective work, cap always wins through sheer determination. He could be up against galactus, and he'll win just because he refuses to lose. You have to have read the book enough to know where I'm coming from on this,tbh. Always admired captain america, as he has this presence about him that is unique. Like, it feels like he "trys harder" than any other character.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 02:04 AM
During the JLA/Avengers crossover, Cap and Bats traded light blows to gauge each other's skill. They paused with Batman saying, and I'll never forget this line:

"You could probably beat me, but it'll take you a long time."

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 02:07 AM
The whole dynamic with Batman/Captain America was probably the highlight of that JLA/Avengers crossover.

.... Man, we're nerds.

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Am I the only one who watches the Big Bang Theory, and gets distracted whenever they are in the comic shop (or when there are comic books in the frame) because I am busy trying to identify the covers of the comic books?

And half the time I succeed?

Is this sad?

Fignuts
Yeah, as far as hand to hand goes, they are about even. Batman is probably a little better, but every hit cap lands is going to hurt a lot more.

Kalyx triaD
OR ARE WE?

Dark Knight, X2, Spidey 2, Iron Man, and many others were blockbusters. I think we were ahead of the times.

dronepool
05-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Thing is, Cap will not get tired. The formula in him prevents that. So yeah, eventually after an epic 2-3 hour "Goku vs Majin Buu" battle, Cap wins.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Am I the only one who watches the Big Bang Theory, and gets distracted whenever they are in the comic shop (or when there are comic books in the frame) because I am busy trying to identify the covers of the comic books?

And half the time I succeed?

Is this sad?

Anytime there is a comic shop scene in anything, I do this.

dronepool
05-07-2010, 02:16 AM

Same here.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Also in JLU Batman dodged the Omega Beams Even darkseid had to admit " Impressive no one has ever dodged my Omega Beam"

and then theres this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T1bmM7Ihv0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T1bmM7Ihv0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cause hes the fucking Batman.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 02:30 AM
He's the god damned batman.

dronepool
05-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Spidey always has trouble with Rhino while Cap stopped him with little effort.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2llni3t.jpg

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 02:45 AM
I love The Gauntlet, because it's made spider-man's villains awesome again. For the longest time, they were a fucking joke, outside of osborn.

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Also in JLU Batman dodged the Omega Beams Even darkseid had to admit " Impressive no one has ever dodged my Omega Beam"

and then theres this:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/58XJkvBenec&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/58XJkvBenec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Cause hes the fucking Batman.

dronepool
05-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeah, so far most of it was good. Sterns arc was my second fave next to Kelly's Rhino issues.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 02:59 AM
What is Magneto's range anyways? Sounds like something that's up to the writer at the moment. I mean, I would think in the interest of being reasonable he'd need to have a limit for how far he could manipulate metal from. It should be in his range of vision (not counting obstructions), at least.
It's ridiculous to say he could be standing in the middle of the Sahara desert and pull a quarter out of someone's pocket in Paris.
Using the metal and ore in the earth's crust to cause Volcanoe's would probably require manipulation over a massive distance. If that's the case, why not just move the whole planet through outer space?

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:02 AM
superman's powers are derived from his environment though. he only has powers on earth because of our yellow sun. on krypton, under a red sun, there would be nothing super about him.

This is true. I actually thought of it when typing my response, but I left it out. I figured I'd keep it on Earth, where as long as the sun doesn't go out, Superman has carte blanche to fuck shit up.
I figured if we got into off planet stuff, it would get narrowed down to a select group of Superheroes anyways.
Unless Magneto has the power to hurl metallic meteors from great distances, and invests in a sturdy space suit.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:05 AM
If that's the case, why not just move the whole planet through outer space?

Because I imagine that has nothing to do with his traditional agenda.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:05 AM

The scene where Brody is filling the racks while talking to Jay in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back comes to mind

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Because I imagine that has nothing to do with his traditional agenda.

Maybe one day he decides society is too sick to survive and moves the planet far enough away from the sun so that all the humans die and only the strongest mutants survive. Magneto: Hands on mutant Darwinist.
That's the best I've got.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Weren't his Powers driving that Asteroid /mutant sanctuary he had?

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:08 AM
During the JLA/Avengers crossover, Cap and Bats traded light blows to gauge each other's skill. They paused with Batman saying, and I'll never forget this line:

"You could probably beat me, but it'll take you a long time."

They flat out have a main event match in Marvel vs DC from the 90s

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Even without metal physically present, Magneto's power to manipulate EM fields and other miscellaneous bullshit (the super-shield-trick at least has been shown as a consistent power) would let him do a pretty damn good job of wearing Supes down, assuming that Magneto is for some bizarre reason surrounded by absolutely no metal for miles.

And Magneto's ability to manipulate metal is hilariously not limited by his physical capacity, but by the extent of his powers. He can view the world as an electromagnetic spectrum instead of seeing it with his standard senses, giving him knowledge of all things electromagnetic within his range--even if he can't see or hear them. He once used a machine to amplify his powers and simultaneously shut down every machine on Earth. I don't know what his standard reach is, though.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:15 AM
I honestly haven't read any X-Men comics published after the late 90s. I feel like I'm letting the 10 year old version of me down, when I used to read them more than any other title aside from maybe Spidey and Bats

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Even without metal physically present, Magneto's power to manipulate EM fields and other miscellaneous bullshit (the super-shield-trick at least has been shown as a consistent power) would let him do a pretty damn good job of wearing Supes down, assuming that Magneto is for some bizarre reason surrounded by absolutely no metal for miles.

And Magneto's ability to manipulate metal is hilariously not limited by his physical capacity, but by the extent of his powers. He can view the world as an electromagnetic spectrum instead of seeing it with his standard senses, giving him knowledge of all things electromagnetic within his range--even if he can't see or hear them. He once used a machine to amplify his powers and simultaneously shut down every machine on Earth. I don't know what his standard reach is, though.

He can also 'weight himself' to the planet's poles, giving him enough power to physically combat big guys. It's a process similar to Hawkman's Claw thingy that knocked Superman the fuck out.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Was just reading about instances in which he has moved asteroids. So you can cross that off the list.
Also, he has created wormholes in order to teleport himself around? lol

Not to mention he has latent telepathic powers and can engage in astral projection. The writers have really gone to town with the whole "can control metal" thing

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 03:31 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think Magneto might actually be able to take Superman.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2010, 03:32 AM
He can also 'weight himself' to the planet's poles, giving him enough power to physically combat big guys. It's a process similar to Hawkman's Claw thingy that knocked Superman the fuck out.

Come to think of it, why the hell isn't that Hawkman's normal weapon instead of that mace?

"Sure, I have something that can hit you with the gravitational force of the entire planet, and can lay out fucking Superman in one punch, but instead I'm going to hit you with this far less powerful weapon instead. Which seems perfectly reasonable, given that hitting stuff at arm's length and flying are pretty much all I can do."

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:34 AM
I respectfully withdraw my comments about Magneto being anything short of a god. I was underestimating him based on the conventional interpreation of his powers, but it seems the writers have explored some avenues here and there that I wasn't aware about, and are interesting to say the least. Seems a bit ridiculous, but he's one of the greatest comic characters going and I would imagine over time a god amongst characters is going to be treated as a god within the stories.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Magneto is one of those villains that takes an entire team of heavy hitters to take down. Hell, in the bigger crossovers, it takes several teams.

In Ultimatum, it took the whole ultimate universe.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:40 AM
I still pick Superman, just based on the fact that he's fucking Superman and his abilities can be stretched just as easily. For every bold liberty Magneto can take, so too can Superman.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but even if Magneto pulls out all of these ridiculous stops and manages to put the screws to Superman for a while, he will still keep getting up and coming for him, and all he really has to do is get in there for one hit. As many abilites and defenses as Magneto may have, if Superman can deliver one punch to his face that's all she wrote.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:42 AM
The only way I see Magneto getting a victory over him is if he manages to find a kryptonian meteor floating by, and bring it in for a landing on Superman's face.
That would do the trick, for a while.

That's why I'd book it as a best out of 3 falls match.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Yeah, the only folks who are really on Magneto's level would be cosmic-powered folks, and even then, he's been able to shrug off attacks from some of the absolute most powerful of them.

I could see Superman being able to take him in an all-out fight, but only if Supes is going full-bore at him right off the bat. Which he wouldn't, because he pretty much always does the stereotypical dumb-hero tactic of woefully underestimating the villain the first time they fight and therefore getting his ass whooped. Someone like General Zod would have a better chance since he's less likely to screw around and just take care of business right away.

The one person who, I think would be a sure bet against Magneto, though? The Flash. Sure, Mags has utter god-like abilities, but he still thinks at the speed of a normal human. Flash could zip around from the other side of the planet, punch Magneto in the face a few thousand times, then head home and read a book before Magneto even knew he was there.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Couldn't Superman do the same thing though? Is this going to break down into the age old conversation about Superman being able to outrun The Flash?

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:46 AM
I wish I could find that clip from The Simpsons right now

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Yes, when Superman 'cuts loose' he's basically a fucking beast.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:47 AM
Pfft, fucking Batman.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 03:48 AM
I still pick Superman, just based on the fact that he's fucking Superman and his abilities can be stretched just as easily. For every bold liberty Magneto can take, so too can Superman.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but even if Magneto pulls out all of these ridiculous stops and manages to put the screws to Superman for a while, he will still keep getting up and coming for him, and all he really has to do is get in there for one hit. As many abilites and defenses as Magneto may have, if Superman can deliver one punch to his face that's all she wrote.

Very true. Magneto can do a pretty damn good job of keeping Superman from getting that first hit in, though--I'm still looking for scans, but I know Magneto's shield has taken hits from some pretty outrageous stuff. Basically, he creates an EM field that prevents atoms from crossing it. It's stopped Cyclops' optic blasts, it's stopped Thor's hammer, it's stopped nukes, and it's stopped attacks from the Phoenix. Unless Superman can actually manipulate atoms at base (and as far as I know, he's never done so before), he'll have to come up with some serious bullshit to get around Magneto's defenses.

Magneto has cut off oxygen supplies before, however, and has deflected light from objects at range. He could theoretically drain the air out of Supes' body while cutting off his solar supply lines, though there's no telling how long Superman can continue to kick with zero air and only his reserve sunlight. If Superman's invincibility is still some sort of "invulnerability field" like I remember it being, then Magneto could, given enough time to bullshit around with (and unless Superman can rearrange atoms or attack Mags psychically that shield will hold up for a long fucking time), strip Superman of his invincibility at its base construction and then... I don't know, hit him with a car or something.

Basically, either one of them would have to do alot of bullshitting to beat the other. It would come down to some serious plot magic for them to not stalemate.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 03:48 AM
The superman/flash speed debate was solved for good in Flash:Rebirth.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Batman vs Spidey:

"Here's a polymer that'll negate your webbing. Also my ninja training will out-do your Spider-Sense. I have tools that can scale walls faster than you. Just walk to Arkham and it'll be better for you and your family."

KIRA
05-07-2010, 03:49 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1zFsxSH8fUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1zFsxSH8fUA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 03:51 AM
And the Flash is faster than Superman by so much that it would take a short essay to describe. Long story short if Superman is keeping up, then the Flash is fucking with him.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 03:51 AM
I want to emphasize that the Flash should not lose fights. Ever. To anybody.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Since Spiderman is one of the "big 3" and the chief character of his brand, he's pretty fuckin resourceful. He always has the advantage of being able to regroup and stand a chance in fights he has no real business standing a chance in. That just comes with the territory of his character being so high ranking and iconic.
So in that respect he's very similar to Batman. He might not have as much money and resources, but he's certainly got those heroic sensibiliies like willpower and intelligence.

Spidey does have the edge in the power department, for sure. Batman has the gadget shit down pretty good though.

Here's how I have it. Spiderman kicks Batman's ass when they first meet. This is going off the assumption that it's a suprise meeting and both are on their normal game.
Batman is pissed and goes back to the Batcave and prepares for round 2.
Spiderman, being no chump, is also prepared. Still, Batman's gameplan wins out and after a good fight Batman wins round 2.

Round 3 results in Spiderman stepping his game up, and them being evenly matched. They beat the shit out of eachother and banter for at least an hour, until they knock eachother out at the exact same time. Fin.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Batman vs Spidey:

"Here's a polymer that'll negate your webbing. Also my ninja training will out-do your Spider-Sense. I have tools that can scale walls faster than you. Just walk to Arkham and it'll be better for you and your family."

lol sorry for deleting the post. But these were basically my same arguments

some people just wont listen even when their argument is in alidated every step of the way.

I said and I quote "in the time it takes spiderman to turn his head in Batmans direction I'm willing to bet there are already at least 86 different ways Batman has thought of to take him down."

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Hit-Girl vs Damian Wayne

Go.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Very true. Magneto can do a pretty damn good job of keeping Superman from getting that first hit in, though--I'm still looking for scans, but I know Magneto's shield has taken hits from some pretty outrageous stuff. Basically, he creates an EM field that prevents atoms from crossing it. It's stopped Cyclops' optic blasts, it's stopped Thor's hammer, it's stopped nukes, and it's stopped attacks from the Phoenix. Unless Superman can actually manipulate atoms at base (and as far as I know, he's never done so before), he'll have to come up with some serious bullshit to get around Magneto's defenses.

Magneto has cut off oxygen supplies before, however, and has deflected light from objects at range. He could theoretically drain the air out of Supes' body while cutting off his solar supply lines, though there's no telling how long Superman can continue to kick with zero air and only his reserve sunlight. If Superman's invincibility is still some sort of "invulnerability field" like I remember it being, then Magneto could, given enough time to bullshit around with (and unless Superman can rearrange atoms or attack Mags psychically that shield will hold up for a long fucking time), strip Superman of his invincibility at its base construction and then... I don't know, hit him with a car or something.

Basically, either one of them would have to do alot of bullshitting to beat the other. It would come down to some serious plot magic for them to not stalemate.

Well in that case I'll take Dr. Manhattan, just to be safe.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 03:57 AM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6028/57475289.jpg

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Dr. Manhattan is banned from discussions like these, for the same reason DBZ characters are often banned.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:59 AM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6028/57475289.jpg

Damn.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 03:59 AM
The only thing I feel certain about with Batman vs Spidey is that Spiderman would definitely win the first fight, and Batman would definitely win the second.
That's really all I know. Anything beyond that is probably a matter of preference.
Realistically they could just keep trading victories until they both died of old age.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 04:00 AM
The only thing I feel certain about with Batman vs Spidey is that Spiderman would definitely win the first fight, and Batman would definitely win the second.
That's really all I know. Anything beyond that is probably a matter of preference.
Realistically they could just keep trading victories until they both died of old age.

Or until Bruce gets Spidey's autograph for Tim and Damian and finishes his ass afterward.

Also Bruce will know Peter's identity and workplace by the second fight.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:01 AM
I don't blame DC for putting the Flash vs Superman debate to rest and giving The Flash a decisive victory in print.
You have to think about their interests. Flash's whole bread and butter is the fact that he's fast. They don't want to cramp his gimmick.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:02 AM
Or until Bruce gets Spidey's autograph for Tim and Damian and finishes his ass afterward.

Also Bruce will know Peter's identity and workplace by the second fight.

Couldn't one just as easily argue that Peter would know Bruce's identity and workplace too?
In the Marvel universe, Spiderman does what they need him to do to remain the top dog.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Dr. Manhattan is banned from discussions like these, for the same reason DBZ characters are often banned.

Man, you had to say the D word.

(Superman could take Goku, btw)

And I agree that Spider-Man would take Batman the first fight, but NEVER AGAIN. Batman simply has NOT had enough experience with opponents that fight like Spidey, and Spider-Man's not exactly lacking in resourcefulness himself. I'm not saying it would be Bane bad, but Spider-Man has the sort of power and mindset to be approaching the "Totally whoop Batman's ass" line.

Give Batman ten minutes in the Batcave and he's never losing to Peter Parker again, though.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:06 AM
Hit-Girl vs Damian Wayne

Go.

Damnit....Hit Girl if only for the fact that Nightwing and co. rubbing off on Damian and he might not be willing to be as brutal as she is to win That,and while his trainers the league of Assassins are REALLY good Damien Has not been trained by batman who is by and large the best.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:06 AM
That's why I think it just depends on who's calling the shots and preference. If Marvel's writing it, Spiderman throws a Spidey tracker on the Batmobile and finds out where the Batcave is.
If DC is writing it, Batman has a gadget on the car to detect such a thing, and uses a decoy to lead him into a well thought out trap.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Couldn't one just as easily argue that Peter would know Bruce's identity and workplace too?
In the Marvel universe, Spiderman does what they need him to do to remain the top dog.

In the Marvel Universe.

(Superman could take Goku, btw)

Must... refuse... arguing...

SS4 Goku >>>>>> EVERY-FUCKING-BODY

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Even if Peter knows who Bruce is, Peter wouldn't do shit about it.

Bruce, on the other hand, has and will totally hold somebody by the balls with that sort of information.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Epic thread, btw.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:10 AM
In the Marvel Universe.

Must... refuse... arguing...

SS4 Goku >>>>>> EVERY-FUCKING-BODY

tough not to isnt it?

IDepends on which Goku though

I dont count SS4

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Don't make me make the list

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:12 AM
I dare you

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Even if Peter knows who Bruce is, Peter wouldn't do shit about it.

Bruce, on the other hand, has and will totally hold somebody by the balls with that sort of information.

"I just purchased the Daily Bugle. If you want you to be able to afford material for your web-cartridges - yes, I know about them, you will patrol the narrows on Thursdays until further notice."

Jeritron
I don't want to kill the fun, but if we're going to get into motives and mindsets....the fight probably doesn't have any real endgame to it.
Neither one of them is going to kill the other one, and neither is a villain so it's not going to result in an arrest and imprisonment.
So basically they're just fighting to fill panels at this point. The rest is up to us.

Although if one of them is going to "go there" it's going to be Batman. As long as it's justified on some semi-heroic principle. Spiderman is way more squeaky clean and stable.

.44 Magdalene
Give me a little while. It's going to be a long post.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Also, neither one of them is going to put their tail between their legs and forfeit. They're both way too determined to do that. So since nobody will give up, and nobody will kill eachother, I stick by my idea that this keeps going on forever.

If it was resulting in a lot of property damage, the government would probably call in Superman to keep the peace.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Spiderman is way more squeaky clean and stable.

I actually wrote a psych paper that described Batman as "Insanely sane"

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:19 AM
Batman clearly has major psychological problems. He's still a hero, but he definitely does. That's part of what makes him so great.
He's totally a Byronic hero, to Spiderman's working class all American hero.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:22 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byronic_hero

Give this page a read and tell me Batman isn't a modern literary Byronic hero. Just run down the list of characteristics for crying out loud

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Batman clearly has major psychological problems. He's still a hero, but he definitely does. That's part of what makes him so great.
He's totally a Byronic hero, to Spiderman's working class all American hero.

Yes he does and the way hes choosen to deal with them isnt all that healthy and in the long run detrimental to his well being

This bears out in his relationships romantic or otherwise (and explored in Batman Beyond and the JL season 1 finale)

Hes sick as hes compelled to do what he does whereas with Spiderman "its simply the right thing to do"

If Batman was the same age Spiderman was when he lost his uncle ben He'd have handled his parents death much better he may have still become a hero it just would have been more being a good person than a form of Vengence

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 04:27 AM
JLU's "Epilogue" (essentially Batman Beyond's final episode) pretty much sums up Wayne's future.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Goku would destroy sumerman, come on.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:30 AM
I have a copy of the Batman and Spiderman crossover, by the way. It's awesome for what it is, but it's far from all it could be.
It's pretty light, and the relationship of Batman and Spiderman's characters isn't explored much at all. That's what would be really interesting.
To be honest, the interaction between Joker and Carnage is way more interesting. They have disagreements over eachother's styles, and which manner of homicidal behavior is best.
Batman and Spiderman pretty much just bicker for a few pages and then team up and establish a friendship in the end. They should have added a panel where they facebook eachother.
Though there is a great Spidey one-liner about Batman. It made me laugh out loud. I forget what it was right now though.
That and Batman having a "leave me alone and get the fuck out of my city, I can handle this myself" attitude, were the highlights.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:32 AM
At one point Spiderman rides shotgun in the Batmobile. Not sure if that's stupid, or the coolest fucking thing of alltime. I can see arguments for both.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:38 AM
not gonna get into this......

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Goku would destroy sumerman, come on.

not going into it

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:41 AM
To give you the Cliff Notes version, Superman is quite simply better than Goku in every goddamn conceivable way period. Take my word for it now while you still can, for the love of God. For those of you wanting to push it (and I know everyone does)...

Strength: Superman has demonstrated far more impressive strength than Goku ever has, period. If you want to consider GT canon--it's your funeral--than end series Goku (while fighting Omega Shenron) struggled to lift part of a city. He strained, neigh, battled just to heft a handful of buildings--a couple thousand tons, at most. If you don't want to consider that canon--and I don't blame you--then Goku's best strength feats are around SSJ2 to 3-ish, where he's splitting mountains apart with his bare hands. Impressive, sure.

Superman carried a fucking planet the size of the moon, armed and outfitted from its core to the outside with complete artillery. He carried--he god damn carried--a moon made out of fucking guns. Strength. While we can dispute Goku's power level versus Superman's theoretical power level all day, as far as sheer, pure feats go, Superman has this. Superman has held black holes shut with his god damn hands. If Goku's stronger than this, he's never showed it. Period.

What about speed? Goku can move faster "than the human eye." Oh fucking boy. Superman can do that same "blink out of sight" bullshit that Goku does, and in fact can approach light speed. Can Goku? Maybe, they never fucking say, so we can only assume that they're close to even in terms of speed. Here's the thing, though: even if Goku is a smidgen faster (let's give him the benefit of the doubt, why not), Superman has VASTLY. VASTLY superior control over his body when going at that speed. Goku can go fast and he can attack fast, and that's neat and all, but has never performed any technical feats involving his pace--speedblitzing, for instance, or in Superman's case VIBRATING THROUGH GOD DAMN FIRE. That's fucking right. Superman can vibrate his own body so fast that he TRAVELS. THROUGH. FIRE. And solid objects, but that's not as awesome. Crazier still, he can vibrate so fast that he becomes invisible to conventional vision, though I'm sure Goku could at least keep up with his movements well enough for this not to be a big deal. Basically, even if Goku IS faster than Superman (and there's no reason to assume he is), Superman has DEMONSTRATED multiple times a finer manipulation over his own speed, an ability to milk more out of it in an actual fight than Goku can.

But wait, you may say. Goku can blow up planets.

Glad you mentioned it. The only planets ever outright immediately destroyed in DBZ involve

A.) Filler
B.) Planets smaller than our world's Earth and/or
C.) Attacks explicitly designed for destroying planets, and not conventional ki attacks

or

D.) Krillen says an attack could blow the planet up but there's never any real evidence, just people shitting their pants for three episodes.

DBZ's earth is smaller than our's, and that's the truth (there's maps and shit, officially agreed to by Akira Toriyama and I could find them if I gotta). In other words, the moon that Master Roshi blew up was SUBSTANTIALLY smaller than our's, Arlia was filler, and Namek was taken out by an attack created solely for doing what it did. Majin Buu took out Earth at the end of the series, but Buu was hands down the most powerful villain in DBZ. I won't argue that Goku can't match that level of power, but I'll argue until I die that taking out a planet the size of OUR earth would be harder than taking out THEIR earth. Not that it fucking matters, because

dun dun dun DUUUUN: Superman could blow the Earth up if he wanted to.

Fact #1.) Superman's heat vision is literally his vision. There is no beam to avoid, there is no blast, there is no charging up or powering it. If you are within Superman's vision and he decides to light your ass up, guess it sucks to be you. Unless Goku can outright avoid being seen at all (and he can't, trust me), then Goku is not dodging a damn thing in this fight. Superman can even broaden the degree, angle, arc, etc of his heatvision to encompass more of his peripheral.

Fact #2.) Superman's heat vision does not lose heat as it fans out. Superman has heated the entire planet from space, and lost absolutely nothing in terms of power. He commented to himself that his heat vision has the same strength no matter how far he shoots it or how much he broadens it, meaning that if Goku is ten miles away and Superman can only barely see him... well, sucks for Goku, and everybody else ten miles between them.

Fact #3.) The upper temperature of Superman's heat vision is immeasurable by current technology, according to several different comics. Think about that for a second. We can measure the heat of a star. We can measure the heat of the sun. We can measure the heat of magma. We cannot, CANNOT MEASURE the heat of Superman's fully beefed up heat vision. Superman could, with a proper view of the Earth, hit the entire fucking planet with his SEEING IT and the entire god damn planet would experience a heat greater than science is capable of keeping up with.

Superman could, yes, incinerate the entire planet in an instant. No charging, no calling his attacks out, no powering up. Superman can reach space in the blink of an eye. That's half a second for him to appear in space, look at Earth, and Earth to stop being there. No cupping his hands. No screaming. Superman, half a second, no Earth. For every feat that Goku has ever accomplished--strength, durability, speed, energy--Superman has done the same and better consistently. There is just not a damn thing that Goku could do that Superman couldn't one up easily. Superman is superior to Goku in almost every way imaginable.

Boosh.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:43 AM
If Dragon Ball Z is going to enter the discussion, I will respectfully step out. I know next to nothing about it, and have never had any interest except for maybe a week or so when I was a kid. This is COMIC BOOK thoughts damnit

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Somebody dared me.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:46 AM
I can hope that's as far as it goes and everybody just lets it be, but I know better than that.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:46 AM
To give you the Cliff Notes version, Superman is quite simply better than Goku in every goddamn conceivable way period. Take my word for it now while you still can, for the love of God. For those of you wanting to push it (and I know everyone does)...

Strength: Superman has demonstrated far more impressive strength than Goku ever has, period. If you want to consider GT canon--it's your funeral--than end series Goku (while fighting Omega Shenron) struggled to lift part of a city. He strained, neigh, battled just to heft a handful of buildings--a couple thousand tons, at most. If you don't want to consider that canon--and I don't blame you--then Goku's best strength feats are around SSJ2 to 3-ish, where he's splitting mountains apart with his bare hands. Impressive, sure.

Superman carried a fucking planet the size of the moon, armed and outfitted from its core to the outside with complete artillery. He carried--he god damn carried--a moon made out of fucking guns. Strength. While we can dispute Goku's power level versus Superman's theoretical power level all day, as far as sheer, pure feats go, Superman has this. Superman has held black holes shut with his god damn hands. If Goku's stronger than this, he's never showed it. Period.

What about speed? Goku can move faster "than the human eye." Oh fucking boy. Superman can do that same "blink out of sight" bullshit that Goku does, and in fact can approach light speed. Can Goku? Maybe, they never fucking say, so we can only assume that they're close to even in terms of speed. Here's the thing, though: even if Goku is a smidgen faster (let's give him the benefit of the doubt, why not), Superman has VASTLY. VASTLY superior control over his body when going at that speed. Goku can go fast and he can attack fast, and that's neat and all, but has never performed any technical feats involving his pace--speedblitzing, for instance, or in Superman's case VIBRATING THROUGH GOD DAMN FIRE. That's fucking right. Superman can vibrate his own body so fast that he TRAVELS. THROUGH. FIRE. And solid objects, but that's not as awesome. Crazier still, he can vibrate so fast that he becomes invisible to conventional vision, though I'm sure Goku could at least keep up with his movements well enough for this not to be a big deal. Basically, even if Goku IS faster than Superman (and there's no reason to assume he is), Superman has DEMONSTRATED multiple times a finer manipulation over his own speed, an ability to milk more out of it in an actual fight than Goku can.

But wait, you may say. Goku can blow up planets.

Glad you mentioned it. The only planets ever outright immediately destroyed in DBZ involve

A.) Filler
B.) Planets smaller than our world's Earth and/or
C.) Attacks explicitly designed for destroying planets, and not conventional ki attacks

or

D.) Krillen says an attack could blow the planet up but there's never any real evidence, just people shitting their pants for three episodes.

DBZ's earth is smaller than our's, and that's the truth (there's maps and shit, officially agreed to by Akira Toriyama and I could find them if I gotta). In other words, the moon that Master Roshi blew up was SUBSTANTIALLY smaller than our's, Arlia was filler, and Namek was taken out by an attack created solely for doing what it did. Majin Buu took out Earth at the end of the series, but Buu was hands down the most powerful villain in DBZ. I won't argue that Goku can't match that level of power, but I'll argue until I die that taking out a planet the size of OUR earth would be harder than taking out THEIR earth. Not that it fucking matters, because

dun dun dun DUUUUN: Superman could blow the Earth up if he wanted to.

Fact #1.) Superman's heat vision is literally his vision. There is no beam to avoid, there is no blast, there is no charging up or powering it. If you are within Superman's vision and he decides to light your ass up, guess it sucks to be you. Unless Goku can outright avoid being seen at all (and he can't, trust me), then Goku is not dodging a damn thing in this fight. Superman can even broaden the degree, angle, arc, etc of his heatvision to encompass more of his peripheral.

Fact #2.) Superman's heat vision does not lose heat as it fans out. Superman has heated the entire planet from space, and lost absolutely nothing in terms of power. He commented to himself that his heat vision has the same strength no matter how far he shoots it or how much he broadens it, meaning that if Goku is ten miles away and Superman can only barely see him... well, sucks for Goku, and everybody else ten miles between them.

Fact #3.) The upper temperature of Superman's heat vision is immeasurable by current technology, according to several different comics. Think about that for a second. We can measure the heat of a star. We can measure the heat of the sun. We can measure the heat of magma. We cannot, CANNOT MEASURE the heat of Superman's fully beefed up heat vision. Superman could, with a proper view of the Earth, hit the entire fucking planet with his SEEING IT and the entire god damn planet would experience a heat greater than science is capable of keeping up with.

Superman could, yes, incinerate the entire planet in an instant. No charging, no calling his attacks out, no powering up. Superman can reach space in the blink of an eye. That's half a second for him to appear in space, look at Earth, and Earth to stop being there. No cupping his hands. No screaming. Superman, half a second, no Earth. For every feat that Goku has ever accomplished--strength, durability, speed, energy--Superman has done the same and better consistently. There is just not a damn thing that Goku could do that Superman couldn't one up easily. Superman is superior to Goku in almost every way imaginable.

Boosh.

Bravo:y: answer me this

If Superman is so strong why does he believe Batman can take him down if need be

I'm not bringing DBZ into this Manga or no.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Batman has kryptonite, knows where to get more, and has demonstrated no qualms with holding Lois Lane hostage in a desperate situation. Batman might not be able to BEAT Superman, but he does know how to shut him down without so much as a whimper.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:48 AM
.44's post is insanity. I'm inclined to agree with it, even though I know nothing about DBZ. If what he's saying is true, and I trust it is, then gg.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:49 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/thumb/5/5b/Batman_-_Dark_Knight_Returns_4.jpg/300px-Batman_-_Dark_Knight_Returns_4.jpg

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:51 AM
And that's all Post-Crisis Superman, or modern Superman.

Old, Pre-Crisis Superman is even more ridiculous, with feats bordering on the cartoonish-- moving planets back into orbit with his breath, closing boom tubes with his hands, and shit like that.

Jeritron
Is anyone going to praise my fucking awesome idea about Magneto attempting to move Earth closer to the sun temporarily to weed out humans (and some weaker mutants who are expendable)?

KIRA
Somebody dared me.

I love you:D

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Is anyone going to praise my fucking awesome idea about Magneto attempting to move Earth closer to the sun temporarily to weed out humans (and some weaker mutants who are expendable)?

Dosent Magneto Believe all mutants are created equal

That sounds like something he'd do in a fit of insanity only, plus depending on how close it is to the sun I don't think he'd want to wipe out nature to kill humans.

dronepool
05-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Magneto isn't that evil either. At least not in the regular Marvel universe.

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Yeah, the "survival of the fittest only" thing sounds like more of an Apocalypse strategy. Though, Apocalypse trying to commandeer Magneto's powers for a similar result would be pretty epic.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 04:58 AM
He believes in whatever he wants to believe. He has wanted to wipe out some humans before. The X-Men are mutants, and we see how he deals with them. He has his beliefs, but he's a sociopath at the end of the day and I could see him justifying such a thing. Crazier shit has been done in comics to create a large scale conflict.

I don't really think it's the best or most likely idea, I just really wanted to discuss it more

KIRA
05-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Magneto isn't that evil either. At least not in the regular Marvel universe.

I'm going to make you choose between your children right now

Deadpool vs Batman

.44 Magdalene
05-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Crazier shit has been done in comics to create a large scale conflict.

Yeah, but not without people bitching about it. I'm still pretty pissed about how alot of characters were written to behave in Civil War.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 05:00 AM
I want to watch some X-Men episodes from the early 90s so bad right now

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 05:02 AM
I love Magneto's misplaced sense of righteousness. I guess that trait leads me to believe that on a bad day, he could get to thinking that wiping out humans was the way to go, and losing some mutants in the effort would be worth it. I could even see it being construed as those mutants being heroes who sacrificed themselves for the cause, even if they had no fucking say in the matter.

Though I do agree there's no real basis to say Magneto is this evil. Just a thought. Villains need to keep getting more evil anyways

KIRA
05-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Though I do agree there's no real basis to say Magneto is this evil. Just a thought. Villains need to keep getting more evil anyways
Which is why I would've loved to introduce you to a man named Souske Aizen

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 05:09 AM
X-23 vs Cassandra Cain

Vastardikai
05-07-2010, 05:12 AM
Bravo:y: answer me this

If Superman is so strong why does he believe Batman can take him down if need be.

This was actually answered during the initial Hush storyline. Batman had to battle a Supes corrupted by Poison Ivy. He more or less systematically negated all of his advantages either by location or by outright lying before he found a way to counteract the effects of Ivy's toxins. And he busted out the Kryptonite ring to hurt him.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 05:12 AM
Dr. Doom would probably be on board if he was promised a good peice of real estate in the deal.

Why would he need Doom? Let's say the process requires time and focus, and leaves him vulnerable. Surely the heroes will be trying to stop him. Even if they didn't find out until he started, they'd have time to intervene and he'd need defense. A good stronghold/perimiter.
The Brotherhood isn't reliable enough to do all of this. This would call for Doom's touch. And of course other assorted villains who can be bought for a variety of promises.

Talking out my ass pretty good right now.

dronepool
05-07-2010, 05:21 AM
I'm going to make you choose between your children right now

Deadpool vs Batman

I'll go with Batman. If he can handle Joker, he can probably knock down Deadpool for a few seconds. I'm not one of those Deadpool marks that think he's teh best ever.

It really depends which Deadpool because in the 90's he took out Juggernaut and did other crazy shit, these days he probably still could do impressive stuff but he's become a joke/punching bag at Marvel lately just because he could take it.

I mean Batman could come to a standstill with Deathstroke (Deathstoke beat him a few times didn't he?)

But really things like that don't bother me because it's all based on the writer and it doesn't really matter :lol:

http://s42.radikal.ru/i095/0905/af/332202683162.jpg

http://s48.radikal.ru/i119/0905/5b/117872508782.jpg

AGILITY AND ACROBATICS

A nice agility feat
http://s39.radikal.ru/i085/0905/b3/6c4a0627ca41.jpg
http://s46.radikal.ru/i113/0905/c4/600cc2d61634.jpg

More
http://s42.radikal.ru/i096/0905/0e/bf4754d8ad20.jpg

Easilly stands and fights on an electric wire
http://s54.radikal.ru/i145/0905/81/74fe14e214fe.jpg

More acrobatics.
http://i055.radikal.ru/0910/08/d4ccddd19a1d.jpg

Some more.
http://i036.radikal.ru/0910/d2/669122c17274.jpg

Another display of acrobatic skills.
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3642/99page07.jpg

JUMPING

Steals a case from some armed men and jumps on a 3 storied building and shoots them..
http://s57.radikal.ru/i158/0905/f0/c0f6db2ebfc1.jpg
http://s56.radikal.ru/i154/0905/32/567752b4620c.jpg
http://i011.radikal.ru/0905/65/fddfef96c4a1.jpg

With only two jumps he get on top of a skyscraper.
Pay attention to the building on the background.
It is now well below him.
http://s55.radikal.ru/i148/0905/8d/cf665faad759.jpg
http://s58.radikal.ru/i159/0905/77/f570e4f8001f.jpg
I guess that counts as a strength feat as well.

Speaking of strength.

STRENGTH

Great Lakes Champions Made a mistake of asking Deadpool to become their honourary member, so he stayed at their HQ for like few weeks and whenever they tried to kick him out he would beat the crap outta someone. So they had to call Squirrel Girl for help. Kinda funny how he breaks that guys (who is wearing an armor suit btw) neck just for the heck of it and without any efforts.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/59...lisfs010048.png

Apperantly rips some mercenary’s face off.
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5729/deadpool09p05.png

Kicks a zombie's head off.
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5846/cd48dcp0005.png

throws Peter Parker at a great distance with one hand.
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/...eetsamuraid.png

break soldier's hand with one arm.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/...ersable2304.jpg

Kicks a hydra agent pretty far.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5272/img020r.png

Sends 3 large stone gargoyles flying with a wave of his sword.
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/...fenders1706.jpg

Breaks Madcap's neck with a punch.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/729/madcap.jpg

Kicks Cable's head through a brick wall.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/934/xforce01509.jpg

Shoves his fist down some mercenary’s throat lol
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2536/deadpool03p08.png

Snaps some guy’s neck (seemingly with one hand) and gives him a wedgie afterwards. Don’t know what happened to the other guy though, guess the same thing.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/...ldeath98p31.jpg

Catches a punch from Moonstone (who I believe is class 90-100 correct me if im wrong) and almost breaks her hand.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/30...l041page016.jpg

Kills some soldiers and tosses one of them several meters in the air.
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5003/deadpool39p19.jpg

Runs away from an explosion while carrying three guys.
http://s46.radikal.ru/i112/0905/e5/e92df5dbe391.jpg

Ok, that was a worm up. Now for the real feats.

HEALING FACTOR AND DURABILITY

Takes a bullet to the face.
http://s53.radikal.ru/i142/0905/2d/1573bb7858a7.jpg

Adamantium claws through his brain.
http://s46.radikal.ru/i112/0905/11/d52703a9773f.jpg
http://s61.radikal.ru/i173/0905/ca/6156ef87418e.jpg

Gets hit by Storm's lightning.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...ldurability.jpg

Gets blown up by Punisher, doesn't even stop him from talking.
http://s42.radikal.ru/i096/0905/2e/d35ce83a6d93.jpg
http://i080.radikal.ru/0905/f1/1951c5886a78.jpg

Deadpool HF prevents him from getting poisoned.
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/...7ffsxtvp011.png

Regrows a new head after getting shot by Punisher. Doesn't take too long.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...idekings323.png
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/48...idekings324.png
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/54...borosdcp005.png

Was bound to happen sooner or later. Survives a nuclear explosion. Is just fine few pages later. Anything to impress a hot chick.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/25...egioncps016.png
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/...egioncps017.png
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/28...egioncps020.png
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/...egioncps022.png

Stops the techno organic virius Cable has.
http://i038.radikal.ru/0905/b0/3c5012dd86e0.jpg

Wade attempts to get rid of Tom Cruise face.
http://i053.radikal.ru/0905/fb/383cd39cd387.jpg

Deadpool spends 800 years burried underground.
http://i018.radikal.ru/0905/bb/9895da070093.jpg
http://s42.radikal.ru/i096/0905/2c/34e674f43d39.jpg
http://s56.radikal.ru/i153/0905/0a/dccf25ba8227.jpg
800 years later, he's not just alive but is able to beat the crap outta many armed soldiers with his bare hands.
http://i032.radikal.ru/0905/d0/c1989cca34c1.jpg

One HUGE explosion. Not a scratch on Deadpool.
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/78...ool01p092sv.jpg
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/52...ool01p102vc.jpg

Grows back from being a puddle.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/335/cd005081vn.jpg
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4969/cd005094kn.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5064/cd00510116dm.jpg
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5686/cd005120dr.jpg

Falls from great height and is ok.
http://i032.radikal.ru/0910/e1/9774e5f792f8.jpg
http://i055.radikal.ru/0910/08/d4ccddd19a1d.jpg
http://i040.radikal.ru/0910/43/9b0f93b867d7.jpg

Flies through the atmosphere and crushes on earth. Burnt a little but other than that is fine
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1779/dpmwam01003.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8839/dpmwam01004.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2782/dpmwam01005.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8915/dpmwam01006.jpg

SKILLS

shooting and throwing

Hits dragonfly with a stone.
http://s46.radikal.ru/i114/0905/82/cedf22c7b001.jpg

Nothing special but still. Throws a knife.
http://s39.radikal.ru/i084/0905/f7/1ed3cb78c4b5.jpg

Shoots 7 hydra agents before they could blink, let alone pull the trigger.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/...dpool043017.png

His aim was off for a while, the first thing he does when it's back.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3602/31824535.png

Throwing ninja stars.
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/...egioncps029.png

Practices his aim. Throws a knife without even looking at the target.
http://s50.radikal.ru/i127/0905/bc/da68e82acb76.jpg

Throws some kind of weapon and KOes three guys at the same time with it.
http://s39.radikal.ru/i086/0905/6d/9c5607bc7a26.jpg

Deadpool shooting like crazy. Scares the crap outta everyone but only hits the ones he was supposed to hit.
http://s51.radikal.ru/i132/0905/5b/bb2e55358d94.jpg

other skills

Deadpool is captured by the skrulls. At least that’s what they think, but Wade shows that he could’ve easily escaped at any moment.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1563/deadpool013.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6564/deadpool014.jpg

It's not a secret that Deadpool is an expert in many martial arts. He's also a master of sumo.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/...eamuppage20.jpg

Deadpool knows several languages. Knows spanish, german and his japanese is flawless.
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/...eamuppage11.jpg

lol Deadpool - fourth Hydra's biggest threats. big grin
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/...dpool043015.png

All the people Deadpool's killed in his life. laughing out loud it's more than Superman's saved in his.
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/...adpool03312.jpg

Because of Thanos curse Deadpool truely is immortal.
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4326/deadpool06421.png
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/...adpool06422.png

Telepathy resistance.
Black Swan tries to read Deadpool's mind and almost gets his brains fried.
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/...adpool06917.png
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/...adpool06918.png

Emma Frost and Cable can not read his mind.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/...l08200418br.png
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/...l08200419br.png

Kills Mr. Immortal (for like a billions time) with a REMOTE.
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/28...lisfs010027.png
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/79...lisfs010028.png

Deflects a paper clip with his fist thrown at him by Bullseye right back at him. (but Wade still gets shot)
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3301/deadpool36p05.png

kills 107 hummer agents off-panel lol
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/85...l041page011.png

fighting skills

Kills 2 mercenaries
http://s43.radikal.ru/i100/0910/84/d6fde24fa840.jpg
http://s61.radikal.ru/i173/0910/4f/6693ab20d913.jpg

Kills a bunch of monsters with zero efforts.
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4733/cd47dcp0028.png
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9956/cd47dcp0030.png
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5066/cd47dcp0032.png

Kills a few dozen soldiers while chatting with Bullseye
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8158/deadpool01606.jpg
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/...adpool01609.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/...adpool01610.jpg

Dodges some shots and cuts the monsters to pieces. His idea of fun.
http://s60.radikal.ru/i170/0905/49/66429123d8a3.jpg

Owns the sh!t outta some alien monsters Bugs Bunny style.
http://s57.radikal.ru/i156/0905/fb/2986f4aeeab0.jpg
http://i070.radikal.ru/0905/1b/97d8ae111838.jpg

Gets through an obstacle course that has lots of lasercanons, missiles, mines and killing robots without getting a scratch.
The course was specially designed to test an Ironman-like battlesuit but Wade didn't need it.
http://i004.radikal.ru/0905/87/121ab2176f0f.jpg
http://s60.radikal.ru/i169/0905/a1/23b6938c17c4.jpg

Scares the crap out of The Man Without Fear while fighting some guys.
http://s47.radikal.ru/i116/0905/23/1b8fa5d96448.jpg

Don't @#!$ with Deadpool.
http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0905/df/b2e7fd8f1fed.jpg
http://i029.radikal.ru/0905/b2/d90d4ac81351.jpg
Seriously...

Deadpool vs few hundred (thousand?) warriors.
They're all armed with swords, shotguns and AKs.
http://s53.radikal.ru/i139/0905/84/7e5696833d01.jpg
http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0905/a4/76b06eac6502.jpg
http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0905/0d/0c1c2f87fb33.jpg
http://s54.radikal.ru/i146/0905/2a/78b04e77eeea.jpg
http://i063.radikal.ru/0905/aa/3f584002488d.jpg

Yeah, he kills them all. btw he only got so many cuts to the face because he wanted to.
Another attempts to get rid of that horrible face Loki gave him.

SPEED and REFLEXES

speed

Saves Osborn before he falls to the ground, does it Spider-man style and makes jokes in process
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/...adpool01140.png
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/...adpool01141.png

Cuts some pirates hands off so fast they don’t see him move.
http://i069.radikal.ru/0910/67/4cd0355f202d.jpg

Saves Siryn before she's hurt by ether Juggernaut or the molten vat.
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/...olls202pg21.jpg

Dunno if this counts as a speed feat but I like it.. Deadpool shoves the dog down the guy's throat before he could pull the trigger. laughing out loud
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/...oncps039040.png

Frees some hot chicks that are tied up to a chair WHILE beating the crap outta T-ray. Displays his speed, acrobatics as well as sword and fighting skills.
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/...lkryptoniaw.png
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/...lkryptoniaw.png

Blitzes Flatman with a stapler. big grin
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/93...lisfs010041.png
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/...lisfs010042.png

Punching speed.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3338/img014.png

In this scan he kills a guard with a gun and gets behind two other guards so fast they couldn't follow his movement.
http://s39.radikal.ru/i084/0905/39/bf1ad66db8cd.jpg

Kills T-ray faster than he could blink. (repeated)
http://s42.radikal.ru/i095/0905/af/332202683162.jpg

Shields the chick from like a dozen symbiotic tendrils.
http://s58.radikal.ru/i161/0910/f9/1cdb43265e0b.jpg
http://s03.radikal.ru/i176/0910/a3/1c4a6d4a185d.jpg

Typhoid Mary throws a sword at some innocent bystander in a different direction from where Deadpool’s standing but Wade stops the sword and saves the guy.
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2722/deadpool08p14.png

running speed

Catches up to a bike.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9169/83820300.png

Ok this is a crazy running speed feat. Deadpool CATCHES UP with a speeding plane that is about to take off. Think how fast a plane goes right before taking off.
http://i082.radikal.ru/0909/d5/77f59eab6e86.jpg

dronepool
05-07-2010, 05:34 AM
dodging

Dodges some gunfire at close range and pwns the mercs in badass way.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/89...lkryptoniaw.png
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/...lkryptoniaw.png

Dodges a blast from Cyclops at a very close range. His blade is ruined though.. sigh...
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/...l102005stre.png
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/...l102005stre.png

Tiny Deadpool dodges a few hundred bullets shot at him and uses one of the bullets to free himself from the chain.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5386/3inch.png

Dodges bullets shot from invisible guns at close range.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/...egioncps020.png
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/65...egioncps021.png

Dodges some gunfire and beats the crap outta the guy.
http://s48.radikal.ru/i121/0905/2d/cb22f83ef26a.jpg

Some fighting and bullet dodging.
http://s48.radikal.ru/i119/0905/5b/117872508782.jpg

More.
http://s46.radikal.ru/i113/0905/13/74c822206a6c.jpg
http://s55.radikal.ru/i150/0905/4e/e0471174a8cf.jpg

Even more.
http://s51.radikal.ru/i131/0905/b1/685b6fe17ac9.jpg

Dodges a shotgun fire and shows some Bullzeye-like throwing skills.
http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/0905/b5/2b7c1baf8c69.jpg

Dodges a shot from Black Widdow II at close range.
http://s56.radikal.ru/i154/0905/f7/82c7497851c1.jpg
http://s58.radikal.ru/i160/0905/fa/9bee4344d34f.jpg
Deadpool being himself.

With his eyes closed Deadpool easilly dodges an arrow thrown by Bullseye.
http://s39.radikal.ru/i086/0905/e8/99eb7146cffa.jpg

Deadpool dodges some attacks from a Super-Skrull at close range and in a small place with no space to manuver.
http://s39.radikal.ru/i086/0905/a3/f624f3be8448.jpg
http://i031.radikal.ru/0905/77/d25a75b96bcf.jpg
and then beats him.
http://i017.radikal.ru/0905/00/f5aa85efafbb.jpg
http://s44.radikal.ru/i103/0905/ef/cf80281085dc.jpg

Dodges a sniper shot. And before those chicks realise what happened Wade is right infront of them.
http://s52.radikal.ru/i137/0905/e3/a8798995c377.jpg
http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/0905/80/5f9c60c16198.jpg

Dodges a missile while DRIVING a car. Even Bullseye is impressed.
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/...2taftdcp017.png
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/...2taftdcp020.png

Blocks some cards thrown by Bullseye and dodges a machinegun fire with ease.
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2589/deadpool34p18.png

More bullet dodging.
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/80...lisfs010031.png

Even more bullet dodging.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2561/dpsk05014.jpg

Dodges some projectiles thrown by Bullseye.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2867/deadpool28p20.jpg

FIGHTS

Fight with Sabertooth.
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?...retooth16hj.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?...retooth25ev.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?...retooth32qs.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?...retooth41ec.jpg

Tiny Deadpool owns Rhino.
http://s40.radikal.ru/i088/0905/b7/f5f73707f329.jpg

Deadpool vs Titania and Constrictor.
http://s40.radikal.ru/i087/0905/50/9e9f6747a32a.jpg

That's all for now. Gimme 2 days and i'll post his fights with Wolverine, Ajax, Domino and more.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t509173.html

KIRA
05-07-2010, 05:39 AM
I mean Batman could come to a standstill with Deathstroke (Deathstoke beat him a few times didn't he?)

Yep he did still batman has bested him more than once as well
the thing about Batman is hes crazy prepared even when its not readily apparent

KIRA
05-07-2010, 05:42 AM
You dunno how much I am loving these shots Of Deadpool wiping the floor with EVERYONE!

dronepool
05-07-2010, 05:54 AM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5003/deadpool39p19.jpg

http://s57.radikal.ru/i156/0905/fb/2986f4aeeab0.jpg

:rofl:

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I could go into more detail on this, but I won't because people seem to want to keep dbz out of it, and frankly so do I. I will just say, it doesn't matter what advantages superman holds over him. Goku will just reach some new level of super saiyan and Aizen stomp him. That's what all dbz characters do, and it's why any of these kinds of discussions involving dbz characters, are in essence, broken.

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Also, why are we discussing VS matchups for 5 pages, when that kind of thing is taking away potential debates from mitch's thread. It says random comic thoughts. So I will go first.

New Krypton is first non-elseworlds superman story I've been interested in, since doomsday.

LuigiD
05-07-2010, 10:57 AM
This is elementary school all over again. Back when I was a kid some of my friends like Dragon Ball and I am a Comics Fan. We would always argue about who would win, blah blah blah, etc. It usually ended up with me walking away because I just don't care about Dragon Ball.

mitchables
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Also, why are we discussing VS matchups for 5 pages, when that kind of thing is taking away potential debates from mitch's thread.

i was going to mention this earlier but i felt like i would be petty, so i am publicly secretly glad that you did. especially because one of the match-ups i had planned has been mentioned.

It says random comic thoughts. So I will go first.

New Krypton is first non-elseworlds superman story I've been interested in, since doomsday.

agreed. i tried to get into superman again after 52, when he lost his powers, but even that didn't really sway me. but i am loving new krypton. the implications of an entire planet of kryptonians now existing is phenomenal. i also like the dynamic it's created on earth where superman isn't as much of a constant presence. mon-el's time to shine.

mitchables
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
plus, random switch - that magneto comic got me trawling pass/fail studios. amazing stuff. too bad they haven't updated in like three years.

http://www.passfailstudios.com/comics/9.jpg

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah, only other great webcomic about superheroes is shortpacked, but most of that is about toys.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I really think New Krypton was a great concept that just spent too much time twiddling its thumbs, until just recently when they got going with the 'Last Stand of New Krypton' stuff. Superman and the Legion of Superheroes vs. General Zod and his faction vs. Brainiac and Lex Luthor? You have my attention, sir.

On the subject of Superman and his villains, as potentially awesome as Lex Luthor should be (the smartest and richest guy on the planet, is ballsy enough to repeatedly pit himself against one of the most powerful beings in the universe, etc), he's never really had himself a real "holy shit this guy is fucking awesome" moment. Like, the Joker has had a few moments that just blow you away for how far he's willing to go (killing Jason Todd, crippling Barbara Gordon, etc). Brainiac has been made out to be quite the badass since his return (particularly when Superman finally meets the real Brainiac for the first time, and Brainiac just plain beats the crap out of Supes with his bare hands). Darkseid has had more than his fair share of awesomeness, Zod has his catchphrase (and a whole army nowadays), even comedy villains like Bizarro and Toyman have had their time in the spotlight. But there's never really been a time when I've been just floored by some awesomely evil thing that Lex Luthor has done.

Well, aside from the episode of Justice League Unlimited where he beats the living shit out of the Question for catching onto his scheme. The fun starts at about the 3-minute mark here:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-aeSAsrsew&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-aeSAsrsew&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fignuts
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
What about the time he gave everyone superpowers, then shut them off, and watched as they all fell to their deaths?

mitchables
05-07-2010, 11:33 AM
that was bad-ass. the cover is magic. it was posted in that other thread about lex.

Ermaximus
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Yet he got his ass kicked by Spider-Man. :shifty:

Nowhere Man
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Yet he got his ass kicked by Spider-Man. :shifty:

Yeah, Hulk is one of those guys who is only really awesome after he's "powered up" a bit. Take him out quickly and he's not much tougher than your usual big burly guy, and Spidey fights guys like that a lot (well, Rhino at least).

Actually, y'know who I'd love to see fight Hulk? Doomsday. That would just be ridiculous.

Ermaximus
05-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, Hulk is one of those guys who is only really awesome after he's "powered up" a bit. Take him out quickly and he's not much tougher than your usual big burly guy, and Spidey fights guys like that a lot (well, Rhino at least).

Actually, y'know who I'd love to see fight Hulk? Doomsday. That would just be ridiculous.

Hulk is kind of like Goku from DBZ when you think about it. It takes him 3 comics to fucking charge up enough power to fucking obliterate you, but when he does it, you feel that shit.

Rammsteinmad
05-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't usually jump into threads that have so many pages coz I kinda assume the conversation has already developed etc and that I'd have missed too much.

But I just sat and read through all five pages, watched all posted videos and checked out every link to a Deadpool comic page, and I gotta say this thread is fucking awesome!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BigDaddyCool
05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Deadpool sucks. There I said it.

Ermaximus
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
So is anyone else currently noticing the Marvel fascination with Deadpool? I mean yes the guy is amazing, but damn, he's everywhere. Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool Team Up, Deadpool Corps, X-Men #17 and #18? He was 1 of the Hulks too I believe?

BigDaddyCool
05-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Cause he breaks the 4th wall, and is snarky.

BigDaddyCool
05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Though deadpool has the greatest of all superhero powers, huge guns.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Cause he breaks the 4th wall, and is snarky.

That's pretty much it. He's like Spider-Man on PCP.

LuigiD
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
So is anyone else currently noticing the Marvel fascination with Deadpool? I mean yes the guy is amazing, but damn, he's everywhere. Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool Team Up, Deadpool Corps, X-Men #17 and #18? He was 1 of the Hulks too I believe?
Well I guess its just logical. He is a very popular character. I just hope they don't burn him out. They started doing it a lot with Iron Man and Wolverine.

Ermaximus
05-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Well I guess its just logical. He is a very popular character. I just hope they don't burn him out. They started doing it a lot with Iron Man and Wolverine.

This is true, but then again, I've never been a huge Iron Man fan. To me, he's Marvel's Batman. Rich white guy with fancy toys.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 12:47 PM
This is true, but then again, I've never been a huge Iron Man fan. To me, he's Marvel's Batman. Rich white guy with fancy toys.

Sir you forget yourself He may be rich and white but he IS NOT like Batman.

Can we all agree here that we will not bring DBZ into the equation?

dronepool
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM

Marvel did the same with Spider-Man and Wolverine, it'll slow down soon. Each time they see a rise in popularity they milk it dry.

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 01:50 PM
On the subject of Superman...

I have pretty much loved everything Superman ever since "One Year Later".

"Up Up and Away" is one of my favorite Superman stories. As is its followup "Back in Action". "Back in Action" probably has some of my favorite Superman panels ever. Might post them if I find them.

Then James Robinson started doing his thing. New Krypton has definitely been strung out too much, making me miss the old days, but I can't wait for the ending.

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Superman leads a ragtag group of heroes (and Livewire) shortly after he has come back after his one year absence. There is still doubt whether he is the genuine article by some. Also, he has no powers at the moment due to something or other. I don't remember.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/21.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/22.jpg

KIRA
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I also love that little crush live wire has on Nightwing calling him "tight butt"

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Nightwing's the man.

Ermaximus
05-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Nightwing's the man.

It also sounds way less homosexual than Robin.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2010, 06:12 PM
On the subject of Dick Grayson, I'm actually enjoying him way more as Batman than Bruce Wayne.

Honestly, out of the entire Bat-universe, Bruce is the least interesting character among them. His villains are all crazy and morbidly fascinating, his sidekicks all have genuine growth as characters and interesting personalities, but Batman himself is just kind of...dull in comparison. Guy barely ever emotes (aside from brooding or raging), is practically never wrong, and hasn't had a real genuine change in his personality since the days of Denny O'Neill and Frank Miller.

Dick Grayson becomes Robin becomes Nightwing becomes Batman.
Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl becomes Oracle.
Tim Drake becomes Robin becomes Red Robin.
Stephanie Brown becomes Spoiler becomes Robin becomes Batgirl.

Bruce Wayne becomes Batman....and just stays that way pretty much forever.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Superman leads a ragtag group of heroes (and Livewire) shortly after he has come back after his one year absence. There is still doubt whether he is the genuine article by some. Also, he has no powers at the moment due to something or other. I don't remember.

He lost his powers at the end of Infinite Crisis, when he and the Superman of Earth-2 (the Superman from the old comics of the 30s and 40s) pulled Superboy-Prime through the heart of Krypton's red sun. I don't remember if it actually took him a whole year to get his powers back, or if he had mentally blocked himself from regaining them because he wanted to be normal for a little while, but either way, that's how he lost them.

Jeritron
05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I've always loved Nightwing as a character. There's just something about the concept that I dig. Robin growing up and becoming his own character is a great idea, and the look and name of the character are great.

The fact that Robin's costume started to resemble the Nightwing costume in Batman & Robin is the only cool thing about that fucking abyssmal film.

http://blog.earnmydegree.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/robin1.jpg

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Thought is was weird they didn't hook him up with blue for his suit, but I guess Batman & Robin's singular contribution to the grand scheme of things was making red/black a thing for Robin.

Vastardikai
05-07-2010, 08:05 PM
i was going to mention this earlier but i felt like i would be petty, so i am publicly secretly glad that you did. especially because one of the match-ups i had planned has been mentioned.

Sorry, Mitch. I wasn't trying to step on your toes. I didn't think a contest between Iron Man and Magneto or Green Lantern Batman vs. Red Lantern Hulk (both of which I didn't think would be covered or would even apply to your thing), would grow into what it is.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I did mean to comment on Iron Man vs Magneto

Iron Man will be crushed into an expensive quarter that is all.

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Sylar vs Mystique

KIRA
05-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Sylar vs Mystique

Sylar is the Martian Manhunter of "Heros" if she can avoid Sylars endless list of abilites Mystique can put an ass whipping on him that his grandchildren will wake up screaming about,plus shes highly resourceful I'll go with Rogue and Nightcrawlers neglectful mother for the win.

KIRA
05-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I've always loved Nightwing as a character. There's just something about the concept that I dig. Robin growing up and becoming his own character is a great idea, and the look and name of the character are great.

The fact that Robin's costume started to resemble the Nightwing costume in Batman & Robin is the only cool thing about that fucking abyssmal film.

http://blog.earnmydegree.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08
/robin1.jpg

That film makes me homicidal

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Sylar is the Martian Manhunter of "Heros" if she can avoid Sylars endless list of abilites Mystique can put an ass whipping on him that his grandchildren will wake up screaming about,plus shes highly resourceful I'll go with Rogue and Nightcrawlers neglectful mother for the win.

Raven is pretty good at what she does, and she can be tricky. She could morph into Sylar's mother or Elle to screw with him.

Lock Jaw
05-07-2010, 10:30 PM
He lost his powers at the end of Infinite Crisis, when he and the Superman of Earth-2 (the Superman from the old comics of the 30s and 40s) pulled Superboy-Prime through the heart of Krypton's red sun. I don't remember if it actually took him a whole year to get his powers back, or if he had mentally blocked himself from regaining them because he wanted to be normal for a little while, but either way, that's how he lost them.

Yeah, he got them back. But the story where the panels I posted came from the following story. Where some thing on the ship caused all powers to short out.

On the topic of Dick Grayson:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQyfQ7RMOXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QQyfQ7RMOXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Rammsteinmad
05-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Wow, lol that looks pretty convincing until fat Superman shows up.

dronepool
05-08-2010, 02:49 AM
I'm such a Batman/DC mark, I actually enjoyed that trailer.

Lock Jaw
05-08-2010, 03:09 AM
This one is pretty good too:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rsmqc4RhSQY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rsmqc4RhSQY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Aside from some terrible acting by Superman.

LuigiD
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
:shifty:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hjp0I_okX0w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hjp0I_okX0w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lock Jaw
05-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, that one is a bit ridiculous.

LuigiD
05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I have always liked it. Reminds me a lot of all those awesome 90's Batman vs. everything comics. I don't remember..but I think they even made a Batman vs. Terminator. Then they had...Batman and Superman vs. AVP which was pretty lame.

Lock Jaw
05-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't remember..but I think they even made a Batman vs. Terminator.

That was Terminator Salvation.

They made a Superman vs Terminator comic. Which is actually entertaining, if not a bit ridiculous. Superman basically takes down Skynet single-handedly.

Nowhere Man
05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
[DC spoilers]

Okay, after reading the finale of Last Stand of New Krypton, I hereby withdraw my complaint about Lex Luthor not having a "holy shit awesome" moment. Enlarging a shrunken city to full size while still inside Brainiac's ship, causing it to crash on the surface of New Krypton, killing thousands of Kryptonians, and the crash impaling a de-powered Superman through the chest? Holy shit, awesome.

dronepool
05-09-2010, 05:18 PM
^ I skimmed through that and yeah, it looked cool. I'll probably get it trade when I see it for cheaper.

Lock Jaw
05-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I can see Last Stand of New Krypton ending up better than War of the Supermen. Don't know how they are going to top Superman, Zod, Braniac, Lex Luthor, and the Legion of Super-Heroes all in one story.

thedamndest
05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Has Iron Man ever given his mantle to anyone else? With as often as that goes on I would be surprised if there was only one Iron Man considering you would just need to hop in a suit and fly around.

.44 Magdalene
05-10-2010, 08:40 PM
There's been alot of "imitation" Iron Men like War Machine, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, etc., but I don't think anyone else has ever officially taken up the title.

The Destroyer
05-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Rhodey was Iron Man at least one point (pre-War Machine), but I don't believe there's been any others.

.44 Magdalene
05-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Oh, and Norman Osborn halfway stole the role as the Iron Patriot.

Fignuts
05-11-2010, 03:44 AM
Rhodey was Iron Man when stark was a filthy drunk, but that's it.

Ermaximus
05-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Just curious, but has anyone else been reading Star Wars Legacy? It's neither Marvel nor DC so I wasn't sure where to post it, but I still wanted to ask.

Nowhere Man
05-12-2010, 03:52 AM
I've read a good chunk of it, up to right around the point where it looked like they killed Darth Krayt and that one chick got put into a Darth Vader suit. Pretty fun stuff, other than the whole 'oh look, the Galaxy has been completely overthrown by the Sith and the Jedi have been driven into near extinction again, thus pretty much rendering the entire Original Trilogy pointless' thing. The Imperial Knights are pretty badass, though.

parkmania
05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
For the guys earlier in the thread that were posting about overpowered heroes, just wait a couple months. The next Marvel event is "Hulked Out Heroes" - quite a few to most of the heroes are going to turn into Hulk version of themselves.

mitchables
05-12-2010, 10:28 PM
anyone else done with batman and robin 12 and red robin 12?

i really hope when bruce comes back that he assumes a more batman beyond-esque role rather than giving dick the boot. it would feel so cheap otherwise. i feel like grayson has earned the fuck out of that mantle and it would be a shame to fuck him off so quickly. i know 'passing the mantle' has been done to death lately but dc have always handled it relatively well, and i feel like this was the best move they've made in relation to the bat-family in years. the whole set-up is new, with dick, damian, babs, tim and steph, but there's a really classic feeling to it. steph obviously evokes babs in the batgirl costume a lot more than an illiterate mute ever would (don't get me wrong, i loved the cassandra character; terrible stories though). i like that it really is, in more ways than one, a bat-family. sure, they were collectively referred to as that under bruce, but he was so cold, y'know? the most emotion you got out of him would be a sly little proud smile to himself if tim impressed him or dick surprised him or something. it was a much more "manly" kind of father figure.

i dunno, that post got real stream of consciousnessy there. my b.

LuigiD
05-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Touching base on Rhodey being Iron Man, Anyone ever read the Marvel Zombies return? the ending series they did?
The Iron Man issue was fucking incredible. Tony was too drunk to do shit so the zombies ate everyone. Rhodey took up the armor and became Iron Man and slaughtered a ton of zombies.

Kalyx triaD
05-12-2010, 11:22 PM
anyone else done with batman and robin 12 and red robin 12?

i really hope when bruce comes back that he assumes a more batman beyond-esque role rather than giving dick the boot. it would feel so cheap otherwise. i feel like grayson has earned the fuck out of that mantle and it would be a shame to fuck him off so quickly. i know 'passing the mantle' has been done to death lately but dc have always handled it relatively well, and i feel like this was the best move they've made in relation to the bat-family in years. the whole set-up is new, with dick, damian, babs, tim and steph, but there's a really classic feeling to it. steph obviously evokes babs in the batgirl costume a lot more than an illiterate mute ever would (don't get me wrong, i loved the cassandra character; terrible stories though). i like that it really is, in more ways than one, a bat-family. sure, they were collectively referred to as that under bruce, but he was so cold, y'know? the most emotion you got out of him would be a sly little proud smile to himself if tim impressed him or dick surprised him or something. it was a much more "manly" kind of father figure.

i dunno, that post got real stream of consciousnessy there. my b.

I've never been more interested in the Bat-family then when Bruce left. I seen the first few pages of Bruce's 'Quantum Leap' series, however, and his introduction to the cavemen is badass. Really cool three panels.

But yeah, I love Dick as Batman, Steph as Batgirl, Damien as Robin (especially)...

mitchables
05-13-2010, 12:29 AM
damian is the best addition to the dcu in years. no competition.

http://users.tpg.com.au/rywa01//rr12.jpg

:heart:

KIRA
05-13-2010, 01:02 AM
I love this kid:love:

LuigiD
05-13-2010, 01:26 AM
damian is the best addition to the dcu in years. no competition.

Absolutely. Did you read Batman #666? the possible future of Damien Wayne as Batman? one of the best Batman comics I have read in years.

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2010, 04:03 AM
If any character deserves to go mainstream (cartoons, film), it's that little kid right there.

Vastardikai
05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
If Damien Wayne and Hit Girl ever had a kid... it would be the most brutal, foul mouthed entity of the future of anything.

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Damien and Steph should have a buddy series (Cable/Deadpool).

dronepool
05-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Damien and Steph should have a buddy series (Cable/Deadpool).

Ha. Depending on writer, I'd buy it.

Reavant
05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
love this thread

Reavant
05-14-2010, 01:17 PM
AntiVenom... discuss

Reavant
05-14-2010, 01:23 PM
http://comicrelated.com/graphics/solicits/marvel/oct09/4_AMAZING_SPIDER_MAN_PRESENTS__ANTI_VENOM___NEW_WAYS_TO_LIVE_2.jpg

http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/venom/deal.jpg

http://www.bamkapow.com/ul/728-antivenom.jpg

Reavant
05-14-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=8977

This is a pretty cool link. Someone made a blog about what actors would be perfect cast for certain marvel characters. He used some of the people that already play the roles in the movies, but there are some that are pretty spot on. Of course there are others that are strange and then some random marvel characters ive never heard of. Anyway its a good read.

Fignuts
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Ant-venom is kinda lame. Don't think I'll ever be a fan of symbiote characters ever again, after their extreme oversaturation in the 90's.

Vastardikai
05-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Ant-venom is kinda lame. Don't think I'll ever be a fan of symbiote characters ever again, after their extreme oversaturation in the 90's.

This. And I'm saying that as someone with a Carnage tattoo.

The Destroyer
05-14-2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=8977

This is a pretty cool link. Someone made a blog about what actors would be perfect cast for certain marvel characters. He used some of the people that already play the roles in the movies, but there are some that are pretty spot on. Of course there are others that are strange and then some random marvel characters ive never heard of. Anyway its a good read.
I should probably be worried that I know who virtually all of those characters are. As in all but 1.

Fignuts
05-14-2010, 05:54 PM
God, I squealed like a little girl when sentry ripped carnage in two.

Reavant
05-14-2010, 06:23 PM
when did that happen?

Fignuts
05-14-2010, 06:33 PM
One of the first few issues of New Avengers. Sentry was locked in prison with a whole bunch of other supervillains when a huge breakout occured. Carnage was about to kill spider-woman and some other people, when sentry came out of his cell. Flew carnage into space, ripped him in half, and left him there.

Fignuts
05-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Speaking of sentry, WHEN THE FUCK DOES SEIGE #4 COME OUT?

Feels like it's been forever since 3 came out.

Kalyx triaD
05-14-2010, 07:12 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/128/d/b/Unmasked_by_Kuroi_Tsuki.jpg

Kalyx triaD
05-14-2010, 07:54 PM
In case you guys missed it, probably should have been posted here first:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/126/b/9/Huntress_V2_by_Riddle1.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/098/1/5/Something_About_Mary_by_Riddle1.jpghttp://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/124/9/a/Emma_Frost_5_by_AlisaKiss.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/107/2/5/Emma_Frost_4_by_AlisaKiss.jpghttp://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/129/6/d/Ms__Marvel_1_by_AlisaKiss.jpghttp://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/082/0/2/Black_Canary_3_by_AlisaKiss.jpghttp://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/076/d/3/Black_Canary_2_by_AlisaKiss.jpghttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/279/9/8/Supergirl_on_stairs_by_AlisaKiss.jpghttp://fc09.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/331/b/c/Wonder_Girl_3_by_AlisaKiss.jpghttp://fc04.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/279/9/d/Harley_Quinn_by_AlisaKiss.jpg

Fignuts
05-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Gail Simone is back on Birds of Prey. Awesome news.Great writer right there.

Kalyx triaD
05-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Is Batgirl on that team or no?

Fignuts
05-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Huntress, Black Canary, Oracle, and Lady Blackhawk are the only confirmed members, but there is a sillouette of another member in a picture and it is definitely batgirl.

Lock Jaw
05-15-2010, 02:12 AM
The Sillouettes have already been revealed as Hawk and Dove.

Really hope they explain the whole issue with Hawk being an insane cosmic-powered villain at the time of his death. Everyone else who came back from the dead in Blackest Night seems to remember everything up until they died, except for seemingly Hawk.

Kalyx triaD
05-15-2010, 02:28 AM
Rather have Batgirl.

Lock Jaw
05-15-2010, 02:58 AM
I should probably be worried that I know who virtually all of those characters are. As in all but 1.

Damn. I missed 4. Probably because I'm not a Marvel guy. :shifty:

All the pics are down though.

Fignuts
05-15-2010, 02:59 AM
I dunno, batgirl will have plenty of oppurtunity to shine in all the other bat titles.