PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2007 Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2

SammyG
06-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Post rumors, trades, deals and anything else involving the offseason in this thread. Here's hoping the Lakers pull off something sweet.

Juan
06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a feeling the Lakers are gonna be doin some big things this off-season.

Shisen Kopf
06-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Pistons should trade Rip or Sheed

mrslackalack
06-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Pistons trade Delfino to the Raptors for 2 2nd rd draft picks.

OssMan
06-16-2007, 12:30 AM
lol at the Lebrons, thats what its all about in the mix

RP
06-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Pacers should trade Larry Bird.

RP
06-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Every keeps saying we're getting Odom and Bynum and Brown for O'Neal. First of all, Kwame Brown is one of the worst players in the NBA. The guy cant even catch the ball when its passed to him. Its so embarressing that i'm embarressed for him when i watch him play. Second, Andrew Bynum is a gamble. The last high school guy the Pacers gambeled on was supposed to be the next KG and that never happend. Third, Lamar Odom is easily a top 10 player in the league....if he plays. The idea or rumor that he wants a 3 year extension on his contract if he's traded to Indiana, is fucking insane. If this injury plagued player who already has a big contract, thinks Indiana is gunna give him 3 more years, someone needs to drug test Lamar Odom again. Then again, we did pick up Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavys contracts. And we did pay Jamaal Tinsley a long term deal.

I'd love to see them go after Marion, but that most likely wont happen cause the Suns want to trade him to avoid the luxury tax. Maybe a sign and trade involvind Rashaad Lewis? I dunno.

If i was a betting man, i'd say O'Neal will be in a Pacers jersey next year.

IC Champion
06-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Kobe told the owner of the Lakers again he wants to be traded.

RP
06-16-2007, 03:29 PM
O'neal and Tinsley for Kobe!

mrslackalack
06-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah reports are Kobe got ticked because the Lakers changed their mind on the Odom/Bynum for J O'Neal deal. Buss is gonna meet with Kobe one more time to try to change his mind but it seems that if nothings settled there that Kobe will prolly get traded.

mrslackalack
06-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah Jonathan Bender was a big time bust for the Pacers. But he was very injury prone wasnt he?

BCWWF
06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Lakers are right, Odom/Bynum > O'Neal.

I don't think the Lakers have made bad moves in the past year or two. Sure, with a dominant big man and Kobe they could be contenders. But where are they going to get a dominant big man? Jermaine O'Neill? Give me a break. The type of guy they need is KG or Duncan, and they aren't going to get him. Better off with young players than overpriced, underachieving veterans.

I would imagine that if Kobe is that upset then the Lakers will be trading him for a younger player who could very soon reach superstar status (Ginobili, Paul, Deng etc., of course the Lakers would demand more than just Kobe for Paul though). Or else they trade him for a series of real good, real early draft picks. I doubt Portland or Seattle is going to be trading this year, but if they can find a shitty team willing to give up two first rounders that will easilly be lottery picks, I think they take it.

The problem with the NBA right now is that the general managers are horrible and there are very few good teams. What will most likely happen with Kobe is that he will end up going to a team like the Knicks or the Wizards and never win a championship. It is pretty unlikely that the Lakers can develop a supporting cast to win a championship in the next five years, but it is much smarter to start young than to go for FA's.

mrslackalack
06-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Steven A. said that he thinks a Kobe to the Bulls for Gordon, Deng, and Noconi deal is very possible

mrslackalack
06-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I agree. J Oneal is a talented player, he can give you on a consisent basis 20 pts 12 rebs and 5 blks. But if you give up Odom and Bynum for him you basically traded 2 5 dollar bills for a 10, they are worth the same amount. A bad thing about J Oneal is he is very injury prone. He misses a lot of games during the season.

SammyG
06-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I am absolutely terrified that Im gonna wake up one morning, check the news, and see the Lakers trading Kobe and not getting back equal value. Plus, yeah, fuck the whole Odom AND Drew for JO. That is a terrible deal.

mrslackalack
06-17-2007, 11:46 PM
The 3 top trades for Kobe is

To the Bulls for Gordon, Deng, and Noconi
The Problem: While having Kobe would be great for the Bulls you would lose a lot of depth and have little off the bench beyond your starting 5 (Hinrich, Duhon, Kobe, Wallace, Brown)

To the Suns for Marion and Barbosa

Problem: The Suns want to trade Marion for cap room and acquiring Kobe would end any ideas of clearing cap space

To the Knicks for Marbury, Frye, and a 1st Rd Pick

Problem: The situation would be even worse than the Lakers if Kobe went to the Knicks with the roster they would have. Plus the Lakers fans would be ticked if they only got Marbury Frye and a 1st Rder for one of the elite players in the game.

The

RP
06-18-2007, 01:47 AM
First of all. O'neal is a great player. Lets just get that out of the way. The guy has had some bad luck the last 3 years with the brawl and a few nagging injuries, but he's tough. He played the last month of this season with a torn MCL and still put up number. He's a major defensive presence and will score 20-25 points and grab 10 rebounds. Compared to Odom, whos Mr. Underachiever and had injury problems and a kid whos what 19 and your only keeping him cause he might be great?? And you say its a terrible deal? Getting an established All-Star big man with MVP type potential. Give me a break. Thats a fantastic deal that makes you guys contenders in the west right away especially if they added Tinsely.

Your giving up a career 15ppg 10reb guy and a 19 your old kid with huge potential ( we all know how that usually works out ) for All Star PF/Center. Kobe's right, you guys are stupid. He should get out now. Thats why the Lakers wont win a title as long as they dont make a trade.

SammyG
06-18-2007, 02:08 AM
Lamar Odom is a top 10 player in the league, in my opinion. I believe giving him up AND bynum would be too much. But it's probably gonna happen. Looks like Kobe wants out regardless anyway.

RP
06-18-2007, 02:47 AM
Lamar Odom is a top 10 player in the league, in my opinion. I believe giving him up AND bynum would be too much. But it's probably gonna happen. Looks like Kobe wants out regardless anyway.

Lamar Odom is no where near a top 10 player in the NBA. He's not even top 20 and probably not even top 30. I hope the Laker organization doesnt think the same way there fans are cause if so, buh bye Kobe. Lamar Odom has top 10 hell even top 5 talent, but he has never put it together to have a top 10 player season.

RP
06-18-2007, 11:07 AM
BRING KOBE TO INDY!

Fuck it. I cant describe how electric this city would be if Kobe was playing in a Pacer uni. Fuck it man, give them O'Neal, Tinsley, Dunleavy and Larry Bird. Lets get Bean to Indy. I'd become a season ticket holder if that happend. Kobe and Granger together? Thats a modern day Pipped and Jordan.

KingofOldSchool
06-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Even though the Pacers and Pistons probably won't trade with each other, I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

Now keep in mind, I'm bored and I'm playing around with ESPN's trade machine.

Pacers get:

Richard Hamilton
Rasheed Wallace
Jordan Farmar
Andrew Bynum
Vladimir Radmanovic

Lakers get:

Jermaine O'Neal
Marcus Camby
Jamaal Tinsley

Nuggets get:

Jason Maxiell
Lindsey Hunter
Kwame Brown
Troy Murphy

Pistons get:

Lamar Odom
Kenyon Martin
Reggie Evans
------------
Now I don't want Wallace on the Pacers so trade him to the Knicks for David Lee and a draft pick. And while they are at it, find someone to take Radmanovic for a pick or something.

Lineups next year could be.

PG: Jordan Farmar or someone from FA
SG: Rip Hamilton
SF: Danny Granger
PF: David Lee
C: Ike Diogu

Reserves: Dunleavy, Daniels, Bynum, Williams, Foster, Harrison, Greene

Jura
06-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Nuggets laughed at Lakers when they called to offer Kwame for someone(s).

KingofOldSchool
06-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Or JO for Marion straight up.

KingofOldSchool
06-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Nuggets laughed at Lakers when they called to offer Kwame for someone(s).

Yeah it was Camby.

mrslackalack
06-18-2007, 10:11 PM
yup

mrslackalack
06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Dont forget last months awful trade offer

The Knicks offered Channing Frye, Malik Rose, and Jerome James for J Oneal and it was rejected immedately.

mrslackalack
06-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Lakers also got laughed at a couple years back when they offered Kobe for Amare and Marion and Odom to the Kings for Webber and Peja

mrslackalack
06-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Read this trade rumor on a sports site and VonErich Lives posted this in the NBA thread but I will put it on the offseason thread

Garnett to the Celtics for
Green, Jefferson, Telfair, Ratliff and the #5 pick

mrslackalack
06-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I believe Bostons SL after the trade would be

Rondo
Pierce
Wally
KG
Raef

Off the Bench West and Gomes

BCWWF
06-18-2007, 11:51 PM
That trade would make absolutely no sense for the Timberwolves. With how bad the NBA is this season, the Wolves are one more move away from being back in the playoffs next year. They already made a great, albiet small, move in dumping Mike James for Juwan Howard. Now, if they can find way to get rid of Troy Hudson and/or Marco Jaric, even for a second round DP, they can make the playoffs. If Kevin Garnett is going to be traded, which I still doubt, it will be at the deadline.

For the Lakers, they are doing exactly the right thing right now. Too many teams in the NBA would trade away solid and young players for an overpriced, underachieving veteran, and that is why the NBA sucks. Unless the big man in question is Shaq, Garnett, Duncan, Nowitski, Amare, maybe one of two others, he is not going to make you a contender. Trading for JO would not make the Lakers contenders and would fuck up their whole future. The right thing for them to do, if Kobe can't wait, is trade him.

The deal with the Bulls seems too good to be true for L.A. If they could trade Kobe for those three players, I think it would be done. Neither of them have the superstar power that Kobe does, but Deng was incredible last year and the other two are great players as well. Also to keep in mind, the Bulls have a very high draft pick from the Knicks. If they are the potential suitors for Kobe, I could that coming into play as well.

For that four team trade above, wishful thinking on the part of the Pacers, but not very realistic. I know it wasn't supposed to be, but just to make it clear :)

BCWWF
06-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Since I am bored and a bit energized right now, I will do you all a favor and give you my analysis on the Wolves. They aren't all that interesting, but just to give you guys a perspective on a team (since that's kind of why we are here).

Like I said above, I think they are one move from making the playoffs next year. The problem last year is that there were too many guards, all of which were average and needed a lot of playing time to do anything. They have already gotten rid of Mike James, now if they can get rid of either Hudson or Jaric that would be a positive step.

As it works right now, the lineup should look like this:

PG - Foye
SG - Davis
SF - Hassell
PF - Garnett
C - Blount
6 - McCants
7 - Howard
8 - Craig Smith

That said, things can easily change, and they likely will. The main reason that I think the Wolves can be good is the draft. As of right now, the Wolves will likely take Joakim Noah, Mike Conley Jr., or some power forward. My choice right now is to take Noah. If you draft him, he immediately makes Trenton Hassell expendable. Noah can play the 3 and immediately be the best defender on the floor, and he helps take the pressure off KG. Assuming Hassell can be traded, then it makes Jaric and Hudson easier to trade, and I would go as far as to say McCants could be traded as well. With those players, I would think there might be a decent player out there who could help, say maybe Rip Hamilton or something.

So really, I think the draft for the Wolves is as important this year as it ever has been. Taking a player like Noah who will be able to step in and fill a role immediately could be enough to bolster this lineup into the playoffs. The trade assets aren't great, but a combination of Hassell, Hudson and McCants could land a player like Larry Hughes, who would fit much better on the Wolves than the Cavs. I actually like Hudson and Hassell would fit great on the Cavs as well.

I might be rambling at this point, and I don't want to sound too optimistic, but outside of six or seven teams the NBA is as weak as it has ever been right now. I don't think Durant does anything for the Sonics this year and the Blazers are bound to have growing pains. An added defensive, big-man role player and a more consistant scorer than Ricky Davis has the Wolves easily in the playoffs this year.

BCWWF
06-19-2007, 12:07 AM
PG - Foye
SG - Hughes
SF - Noah
PF - Garnett
C - Blount
6 - Davis
7 - Howard
8 - Smith

Only a backup PG away from an eight seed baby!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Whatever team Jokim Noah is on is officially my new most hated team....even if it is the Celtics :(

Jura
06-19-2007, 04:23 AM
I haven't watched NBA lately except for the finals but how has Telfair been?

VonErichLives
06-19-2007, 06:20 AM
Read this trade rumor on a sports site and VonErich Lives posted this in the NBA thread but I will put it on the offseason thread

Garnett to the Celtics for
Green, Jefferson, Telfair, Ratliff and the #5 pick

yep, wrong thread on my part.

Anyway, as I said there... while I can understand the Celtics reasoning for it, I'm not sure I like the deal.

Garnett and Pierce would probably get the Celtics to the Eastern Confrence Championship game, because in todays NBA especially the East you really only need 2 "stars" and the whole Pierce isn't getting younger and if you wait for Green, Jefferson and the #5 pick whoever it is to mature then Pierce will be to old.

If that's the case I say you deal Pierce.

Either in a move that gets you a young player or simply open up the cap space so a year or two down the road as the young players are ready you can nail that big free agent.

SammyG
06-19-2007, 07:20 PM
LMFAO @ that Kobe tape, with him bashing Bynum, and the front office.

mrslackalack
06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
It seems Kobe is gonna get traded. I heard that it will prolly be a three way deal with the Wizards and Bulls.

Lakers get

Arenas
Butler
Gordon

Bulls get
Kobe

Wizards get

Deng
Nocioni

mrslackalack
06-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Problem is I heard was that the Wizards really dont want to part with Butler

mrslackalack
06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Reggie Theus is the new Kings head coach. Many thought it would be Larry Brown. I like the Theus hire, but I thought he should have coached at a high profile college for several years before he took a NBA job.

mrslackalack
06-19-2007, 10:06 PM
The Sonics plan to annouce their new head coach within a week or 2. They annouced the 3 finalists are Carlisemo, Casey, and Carlisle.

KingofOldSchool
06-19-2007, 10:37 PM
It seems Kobe is gonna get traded. I heard that it will prolly be a three way deal with the Wizards and Bulls.

Lakers get

Arenas
Butler
Gordon

Bulls get
Kobe

Wizards get

Deng
Nocioni

Why the fuck would the Wizards give up both Butler and Arenas for only Deng and Nocioni?

mrslackalack
06-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Arenas has already stated that next season is his last with the Wizards as he wants to opt out, so the Wizards could trade him to get something in return for him.

VonErichLives
06-19-2007, 11:04 PM

There is also a 3-way deal rumor with LA, Chicago and Boston.

I don't remember the full story... but Kobe went to Chicago and Pierce to LA, I don't remember what Boston got, it was something from Chicago. may have involved others.

BCWWF
06-20-2007, 01:08 AM
To be honest, I don't believe one of those rumors.

1. The three-way with the Wizards is great for the Lakers and OK for the Bulls, but the Wizards lose way too much. Even with Arenas opting out next year, it is more likely it is just so he can get more money and stay in Washinton. The Lakers totally win that trade, giving up one player for three very, very good players. The only way I could see this is if the Lakers gave up another above average player, at least.

2. I don't see why the Bulls continue to get named in these rumors. Trading Deng for Kobe is a slight upgrade, but the fact remains that they need a PF, not a slightly more polished SG/SF.

3. It's funny how Boston keeps getting their foot in the door here, they have nothing to offer. Paul Pierce is the perfect example of bad trade bait in the NBA. He has some quality, but he also has some age and he hasn't won in a while. Statistically he might seem like a decent match but at this point he is nothing what Kobe is.

4. You also have to remember that the Lakers don't have much of a bargaining chip here. Shaq leaving was a bit different, since it was 100% that he was going to leave, but the Lakers basically got nothing for him. If they hold onto him, they have a grumpy player who will also sell seats and probably guide the team into the playoffs. If they trade him, it is likely going to be for less value.

I really don't see Kobe going anywhere unless the Lakers can get some good draft picks for him. The problem there is Kobe has a no-trade clause, so he isn't going to a shitty team. I find it hard to believe he is not a Laker next year unless the management puts its tail between the legs and takes a shitty offer.

SammyG
06-20-2007, 01:17 AM
That 3 team trade with the Wizards involved is fucking unbelievably amazing for LA. That would be sweet as hell. Won't happen though, cuz yeah, Arenas is gonna be a Wizard next year for sure.

VonErichLives
06-20-2007, 05:23 AM
3. It's funny how Boston keeps getting their foot in the door here, they have nothing to offer. Paul Pierce is the perfect example of bad trade bait in the NBA. He has some quality, but he also has some age and he hasn't won in a while. Statistically he might seem like a decent match but at this point he is nothing what Kobe is.

Actually, they have plenty to offer, #5 pick, Green, Jefferson and Pierce who is in his prime and one of the top players in the league... plus his contract makes him one of the few that you could move in a deal for someone like Kobe.

That being said, I don't see Kobe wanting to play in Boston, and would only assume the Celtics as part of a 3-way and not getting Kobe.

I think the Garnett deal is more likely... Minnesota gets younger and frees up cap space and while Garnett is a great player he just hasn't won it their yet and may not have the team around him before he's too old (see: Pierce).

honestly, the 6-1 makes sense for both sides, as a Boston fan, I don't really want it to happan... I'd rather deal Pierce and get younger then deal Jefferson and Green.

BCWWF
06-20-2007, 10:28 AM
You are right about your last sentence VEL. That is the problem with the NBA is that a team like the Celtics would trade promising young players for old shit. Free agents/trades rarely mean success, look at Ron Artest, Allen Iverson, Chris Webber a few years ago, huge moves, nothing happens. So I think you are exactly right about rather trading Pierce than the other stuff.

I still don't think the Wolves would make that trade though, because like I sadi earlier, they are two small moves from being a playoff team with Garnett next year. I can't see them ditching him until the deadline, if ever.

VonErichLives
06-20-2007, 01:24 PM
You are right about your last sentence VEL. That is the problem with the NBA is that a team like the Celtics would trade promising young players for old shit. Free agents/trades rarely mean success, look at Ron Artest, Allen Iverson, Chris Webber a few years ago, huge moves, nothing happens. So I think you are exactly right about rather trading Pierce than the other stuff.

I still don't think the Wolves would make that trade though, because like I sadi earlier, they are two small moves from being a playoff team with Garnett next year. I can't see them ditching him until the deadline, if ever.

Valid points, that being said the rumor I've heard is McHale is only still running things until a Garnett deal is done, that's going to be his "last move", it doesn't make much sense to me that ownership would tell a guy "you're being let go, but make the biggest trade in our history before you do".

BCWWF
06-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Lol, that does seem pretty rediculous, but with the Timberwolves and the NBA nothing is impossible.

SammyG
06-20-2007, 03:52 PM
It's so scary turning on the tv every morning, just waiting to see a headline saying: Kobe Bryant traded to "enter team name". Damn. We are gonna be so terrible next year.

KingofOldSchool
06-20-2007, 05:59 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers trade Kobe Bryant to the New York Knicks for Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury, and Renaldo Balkman.

BCWWF
06-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I read up on some national stuff today. According to one of the ESPN reporters, Kobe will only allow himself to be traded to Dallas, Phoenix or Chicago, so basically the only option is to trade him to Chicago. I still stand that the Lakers are not going to trade him at a discount and are not going to trade him for anybody less than a bona fide superstar, on and off the court.

The more I read about Garnett the more likely it seems that he will be traded, if the right deal comes about. The two potential deals, although I don't think there is any solid information on either, is the one with Boston and one for Amare Staudemire. Both are interesting, but I don't know how likely either one is to happen.

People point out to how bad the Cav's were other than LeBron, but they are still a hell-of-a-lot better than the Celtics would be after that trade. Essentially all they would have left is two players. I don't see why Boston would give up that much, because they would still have a lot of holes to fill to be a legit contender.

The Phoenix rumors are more interesting. I never even would have thought Amare would be an option, but if he is this could be a trade I like. I love the Suns, I think they are one of the few exciting NBA teams and they definitely have a team character, so on one hand I don't want them to lose Amare. On the other hand, Kevin Garnett could be dominant for them. On my third hand, I would point out that Amare is a center, KG is definitely not a center.

Personally, I don't think the Suns would part with Amare for KG, maybe Marion and a couple other players (since Marion is on a contract year, if I am correct?). It would make more sense for them and KG would make them instant favorites, I would think. At the same time, either Amare or Marion on the Wolves would still make them an average team, no better.

mrslackalack
06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah a friend told me about the Amare for KG rumors.

mrslackalack
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
While KG is a much better rebounder than Amare, KG is also 7 years older I believe. I dont think Id make that move if I was Phx.

mrslackalack
06-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Steven A brought up this trade

Lakers get Marion, Barbosa, Kurt Thomas and a first rd pick

Suns get Kobe and Kwame

BCWWF
06-20-2007, 11:36 PM
I just don't think the Lakers and Suns are going to be making any trades with each other.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-20-2007, 11:37 PM
The Sonics plan to annouce their new head coach within a week or 2. They annouced the 3 finalists are Carlisemo, Casey, and Carlisle.
lol Jesus Christ, the NBA is just constantly recycling coaches

mrslackalack
06-20-2007, 11:42 PM
lol tell me about it. Rarely do you see a coach in the NBA have a very long tenure with one team (Sloan the exception)

McLegend
06-21-2007, 12:25 AM
and Greg Popovich

SammyG
06-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Kobe should retire.

SammyG
06-21-2007, 03:13 AM
I will PROBABLY become the Biggest Kobe Hater if he leaves.

The Miz
06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Kevin Durant baby

SammyG
06-21-2007, 05:52 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Trade talks between the Celtics and the Wolves about KG have ended.

BCWWF
06-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Sources today in Minnesota: Kevin Garnett has told the Timberwolves and the Celtics that he does not want to go to Boston and he will opt out of his contract after a year if he is traded. He has also made it known that he does not desire to be traded, he is content in Minnesota right now.

This is as expected. When it comes down to it, Garnett has been in Minnesota for 11 years now. As hard as it may be to fathom, he does have roots in Minneapolis. He just bought a huge house in the suburbs, if he ever really wanted to be traded (which he has never said he does) he isn't going to voluntarily go to a team that is no better off and that has an equally shitty GM. Kind of funny though, if that BS trade ESPN thought up was true, the Wolves would have taken in like nine players from the Celtics in the past two years. Cooool McHale and Ainge.

Like I said before, the overall quality in the NBA is so bad that the Wolves could easily make the playoffs this year with a few more tweaks in this offseason. KG stays, if he is ever traded, it's at the deadline.

SammyG
06-21-2007, 06:04 PM
More breaking news: KG Wants to go to PHX

SammyG
06-21-2007, 06:11 PM
“Andrew Bynum? What the f—?” Bryant says in disgust. “Are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum? F—ing ship his ass out. Are you kidding me? We’re talking about Jason Kidd. But they didn’t even want to do that. Now we’re here in this f—ed up position.”
The tandem then asked Bryant what he thought about Bynum’s potential. Bryant smiled and started to shake his head as if he was about to go on another tirade.
“You know what man? Let me tell you something. Mitch Kupchak had the nerve to ask me…”
At this point the 24-second video clip ends abruptly and we are left to wonder what Bryant says next. “The Kobe Video Guys” say that Bryant went on to say, “How good do you think Andrew Bynum is going to be in 10 years? Are you f—ing kidding me? I’m trying to win this s— now.”
A week later the duo again ran into Bryant in Newport Beach, after he had made his trade demands public, and pulled out a cell phone and recorded one of them telling Bryant, “Please tell us you’re staying.” Bryant responded by saying, “Get a Bulls uniform fellas.”

The Miz
06-21-2007, 06:37 PM
lol

VonErichLives
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Garnett doesn't have a choice if they want to trade him, and unless they re-up him I expect him gone... the Wolves would rather get something then nothing and he can opt-out at years end on the Wolves. I'd also expect whoever deals for him gets him to sign or pays a bargin price to "rent" him

BCWWF
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
That is completely off base.

1. The Wolves are not actively looking to trade Garnett. They have made it known that they are at least listening to offers now, but they aren't actively shopping him.

2. The Wolves have also made it clear that Garnett will have considerable influence on where he would be traded to, out of respect.

3. Even if the first two were not true, no team is going to make a trade of any value if Garnett says, point blank, "I will opt out after this season." The Celtics would have traded their whole future for one season.

4. Kevin Garnett has never, EVER said that he wants to be traded. He has made hints at being frustrated in the past, but he HAS said he would like to stay with Minnesota and that right now he fully intends to start the season in Minnesota.

5. Kevin Garnett is guaranteed $23 million for 2008-09. If he opts out of that season, his new contract would probably give him half that amount. KG would like to win a championship, obviously, but he is very comfortable in Minnesota and making a rediculous amount of money. I would be very, very shocked if he took a giant pay-cut to potentially play for a championship.

mrslackalack
06-21-2007, 10:09 PM
If you were a T-Wolves fan. Who would you hope to get for KG? Amare or Marion?

mrslackalack
06-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Who do you think will be more likely to get traded? Kobe or KG?

The Miz
06-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Garnett, but there's a 99.9% chance neither one gets traded

mrslackalack
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I know SammyG is hoping not. But like I said before unless there is a miracle intervention by some1 in the Lakers, or a MAJOR trade that the Lakers get in a bargain, I see Kobe getting traded.

mrslackalack
06-21-2007, 10:43 PM
The East is the place to go right now, the West has about ten real good teams right now and about four more that could contend in a couple years.

BCWWF
06-21-2007, 11:44 PM
No, I agree with Miz. The way things stand, the Lakers and Wolves are much better with Kobe and KG than without them. KG wouldn't sit out, I highly doubt Kobe would either, so unless they find great trades they will stay on their teams.

To the above question about Marion vs. Amare, for the Wolves I would say Amare. Marion is a great player, but he doesn't have the dominant ability that Amare has. He fits in perfect with the current Suns, where he can do a lot of everything but not be relied on.

mrslackalack
06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah while both are great Id rather have Amare.

RP
06-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Sources today in Minnesota: Kevin Garnett has told the Timberwolves and the Celtics that he does not want to go to Boston and he will opt out of his contract after a year if he is traded. He has also made it known that he does not desire to be traded, he is content in Minnesota right now.

This is as expected. When it comes down to it, Garnett has been in Minnesota for 11 years now. As hard as it may be to fathom, he does have roots in Minneapolis. He just bought a huge house in the suburbs, if he ever really wanted to be traded (which he has never said he does) he isn't going to voluntarily go to a team that is no better off and that has an equally shitty GM. Kind of funny though, if that BS trade ESPN thought up was true, the Wolves would have taken in like nine players from the Celtics in the past two years. Cooool McHale and Ainge.

Like I said before, the overall quality in the NBA is so bad that the Wolves could easily make the playoffs this year with a few more tweaks in this offseason. KG stays, if he is ever traded, it's at the deadline.

I respect that. The guy is a professional. He's not Kobe obviously. If his team decides to trade him then so be it. But he's never demanded or even asked. Thats what i respect about him and Jermaine O'Neal. They arent being bitches about it. They're letting the process work itself out. I like that.

SammyG
06-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Breaking news: Videotape released of Kobe having sex with wife.

RP
06-22-2007, 09:34 AM
I bet its called Tequila Mamba

RP
06-22-2007, 09:42 AM
How do you play with the Laker this next season now if your Kobe? If i was Bynum, i'd demand to be traded and refuse to ever play with Kobe Bryant again. Fuck Kobe ( unless he comes to Indy ).

VonErichLives
06-22-2007, 12:36 PM
That is completely off base.

1. The Wolves are not actively looking to trade Garnett. They have made it known that they are at least listening to offers now, but they aren't actively shopping him.

2. The Wolves have also made it clear that Garnett will have considerable influence on where he would be traded to, out of respect.

3. Even if the first two were not true, no team is going to make a trade of any value if Garnett says, point blank, "I will opt out after this season." The Celtics would have traded their whole future for one season.

4. Kevin Garnett has never, EVER said that he wants to be traded. He has made hints at being frustrated in the past, but he HAS said he would like to stay with Minnesota and that right now he fully intends to start the season in Minnesota.

5. Kevin Garnett is guaranteed $23 million for 2008-09. If he opts out of that season, his new contract would probably give him half that amount. KG would like to win a championship, obviously, but he is very comfortable in Minnesota and making a rediculous amount of money. I would be very, very shocked if he took a giant pay-cut to potentially play for a championship.

Plain and simple, if the Wolves can't get a new deal with Garnett and don't trade him they're idiots. They're taking the risk of having one of the best players in the game walk away and getting nothing for them.

I'm a Red Sox fan, I've seen this happan many times :)

Side note, whoever was involved in a 3-way from the Suns has said he doesn't want to play in Minnesota or Boston.

big NBA trades are so difficult because of the cap rules... few people understand that.

BCWWF
06-22-2007, 04:10 PM
The Wolves already are idiots, that's pretty clear. I am just saying that if KG doesn't want to go to a certain city and says he will opt out, the Wolves won't get any value for him. Also, say KG did stay in Minnesota for the next two years, I wouldn't say it's a given that he doesn't re-sign.

For the Suns, wasn't it Marion who listed Minnesota and a bunch of other cities as places he wouldn't want to play? TBH, I don't get why the Suns are even willing to trade Marion. I consider him to be extremely important in their system. Nash sets it all up, but Marion's versatility does so much for them. You can plug any 2-guard in there and he will be good, but I don't think replacing Marion is going to be a piece of cake.

SammyG
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah it would definitely be awkward. If they are both on the Lakers come October, there's gonna be a fight. And Kobe is gonna make him cry, just like Phil did. Bynum needs to get outta LA.

mrslackalack
06-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Bucher says Kobe is so serious about wanting out of L.A that he will sit out the entire year if the Lakers dont trade him.

mrslackalack
06-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah Marion said if he gets traded to Min that he would play only one season there and opt out.

SammyG
06-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Kobe Bryant will be a Laker come October.

BCWWF
06-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Kobe for No. 7 draft pick, Rashad McCants, Troy Hudson and Marco Jaric.,

Juan
06-23-2007, 08:01 PM
It's so scary turning on the tv every morning, just waiting to see a headline saying: Kobe Bryant traded to "enter team name". Damn. We are gonna be so terrible next year.

I feel you. It's gonna be a dark day in sports when that happens. :-\

KingofOldSchool
06-23-2007, 08:13 PM
I feel you. It's gonna be a dark day in sports when that happens. :-\

Nothing will top seeing MJ in a Wizards uniform. :|

BCWWF
06-23-2007, 08:14 PM
It won't happen. If something big is going to happen in Los Angeles this offseason, they are going to find a way to get Garnett.

SammyG
06-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I wish. By the way, here's another rumor. Kwame, Farmar, Bynum and the 19th pick for JO. Ridiculous rumors comin' around.

mrslackalack
06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Think the Lakers might push harder for some1 like Camby or Artest?

SammyG
06-23-2007, 10:01 PM
We offered Kwame for Camby and they laughed in our face. Artest in LA would be pretty cool. Even Mamba said he'd like that.

mrslackalack
06-23-2007, 10:01 PM
I think it would take a lot for the Lakers to get KG. Id say it would have to take Odom, Kwame, Walton, and a 1st rder

SammyG
06-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Agreed. I love Luke Walton, and would hate to see him go. But if that's what is required to get KG, so be it.

mrslackalack
06-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah I heard that they laughed at that trade and said they would consider Kwame for Nene but not Camby. I heard that if Artest wants out of Sac (although some reports think he loves the Theus head coaching hire) that Miami would be the fav to get him but you would think the Lakers would make an offer.

mrslackalack
06-23-2007, 10:05 PM
The Lakers getting a big trade or 2 without giving up a lot is the only way I think Kobe stays. It seems he wants Bynum gone but would be mad if Odom is gone as well

SammyG
06-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Bynum wont be a Laker next year. No way he is.

mrslackalack
06-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Yup he has to be ticked, offended and betrayed on Kobes remarks, and I see him gone since he was not a favorite of Phil Jacksons as well.

SammyG
06-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Exactly.

mrslackalack
06-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Who do you think/hope that the Lakers will draft this season SammyG?

CNM
06-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah I heard that they laughed at that trade and said they would consider Kwame for Nene but not Camby. I heard that if Artest wants out of Sac (although some reports think he loves the Theus head coaching hire) that Miami would be the fav to get him but you would think the Lakers would make an offer.

Kwame for Nene? Uhh, hell no.

SammyG
06-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah the Nuggets would be getting screwed with that deal, also. I dont give a fuck who we draft. We ain't drafting nobody in the first round, that's for sure.

BCWWF
06-24-2007, 11:31 AM
JO is not worth all of that. Maybe KG would be, but that is still giving up four players, none of which are shit, for one. I never liked the idea of Artest on the Lakers, I don't think his style meshes with Kobe's.

IC Champion
06-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Kwame Brown is terrible.

Jura
06-24-2007, 06:23 PM
What happened to that boy?

mrslackalack
06-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Bigger #1 overall draft bust. Kwame or Kandi?

SammyG
06-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Kobe said he'd like to have Artest on the team. Also, Olowokandi is the bigger bust I think.

SammyG
06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Billups opted out of his contract, he's an Unrestricted Free Agent starting July 1st. Also, trade talks between Min. And the Lakers have been heating up. KG to the Lakers is looking like a strong possibility right now. :D :D :D

RP
06-25-2007, 03:59 PM
KOBE TRADED TO THE PACERS FOR O'NEAL AND DUNLEAVY OMFG OMG OMG OMG

Just announced

SammyG
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Shut up. The proposed trade is a 4 way deal. Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and Celtics. Lakers get KG, Pacers get Odom and Bynum. I don't remember the other parts. I know that a 5th round pick and Jefferson is inolved, and I think JO would go to Boston

mrslackalack
06-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Bucher says that even if the Lakers get KG Kobe wants out

mrslackalack
06-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Think the Lakers might make a move with Billups or develop Farmar at PG?

SammyG
06-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Bucher needs to STFU. Seriously he is the biggest Laker hater. He just needs to shut the fuck up. And no, we are gonna spend money on KG, no way in hell we are getting Chauncey. Farmar will be our PG

VonErichLives
06-26-2007, 06:47 AM
Shut up. The proposed trade is a 4 way deal. Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and Celtics. Lakers get KG, Pacers get Odom and Bynum. I don't remember the other parts. I know that a 5th round pick and Jefferson is inolved, and I think JO would go to Boston

yeah, the Celts lose Jefferson and the #5 and get Jermaine O'Neil... O'Neil's a good player, but does O'Neil & Pierce put us in the finals? probably not... this deal doesn't thrill me.

Pierce has come out and said if the Celts don't do something by draft day, he wants to be traded.

At this rate Aingle will quit before the draft.

BCWWF
06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I have slightly amended my opinion. I would say right now there is a 40 percent chance KG gets traded.

The hot rumor yesterday was the four-way with the Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and Celtics. The Celtics and Pacers pulled out of that deal, and there is no way the Wolves trade KG for Kwame, Bynum, Odom and a non-lottery draft pick.

Really, if that Boston deal was legit: KG and Hudson for Jefferson, Telfair, Szczerbiak, Ratliff and No. 5, that would be an incredible deal for the Wolves. This could have potentially been their lineup...

PG - Conley Jr. - Telfair - Jaric
SG - Foye - Szczerbiak - McCants
SF - Brewer - Davis - Hassell
PF - Jefferson - Howard - Smith
C - Blount - Ratliff - Madsen

What a lineup, and with Ratliff and Davis going off the books next year they could make a run at one of the big unrestricted FAs next year, a list that includes: Arenas, Brand, AI and many others.

BCWWF
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I didn't realize at the time how good of a trade that would have been for Minnesota. Somebody the other day was complaining on the radio because we didn't pull the trigger with Chicago last year, but:

Jefferson, Wally, Seabass, Theo, No. 5 > Deng, Nocioni, Gordon, No. 10

I really didn't think KG would demand a package that big. If they can trade him for full value, which means getting a good player and a lottery pick, I think they will do it.

RP
06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
yeah, the Celts lose Jefferson and the #5 and get Jermaine O'Neil... O'Neil's a good player, but does O'Neil & Pierce put us in the finals? probably not... this deal doesn't thrill me.

Pierce has come out and said if the Celts don't do something by draft day, he wants to be traded.

At this rate Aingle will quit before the draft.

I agree but i dont think Jefferson is gunna be as great as everyone in Boston thinks he will. I think he'll average 19 and 11 and be solid. But losing the #5 too and only getting O'Neil is pretty crap.

VonErichLives
06-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I agree but i dont think Jefferson is gunna be as great as everyone in Boston thinks he will. I think he'll average 19 and 11 and be solid. But losing the #5 too and only getting O'Neil is pretty crap.

Ya know what it is with Jefferson, it's be soooo long since we've had a 1/2 decent "big man" everyone blows a load over him...

I think he'll be like you said, solid 19/11 type guy with some flashed of "great numbers" but not consistant.

that being said, him and the #5 for O'Neil doesn't make sense to me unless there is some salary cap method to the madness I don't understand.

BCWWF
06-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree that it is too much for O'Neil, but 19/11 are very, very solid numbers.

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I heard that KG possibly will be a Laker if Kobe stays. That and the people involved. (Wolves get Odom and Bynum but want more)

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I heard the Suns really want to get a top 10 draft pick, and is looking to trade up.

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 11:11 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Jim Gray said all parties have agreed to this deal pending Marions approval

Phx gets
KG

Bos gets
Marion

Min gets
undisclosed players and draft picks

SammyG
06-26-2007, 11:20 PM
FUCK. Please Marion, don't agree to this trade.

BCWWF
06-26-2007, 11:30 PM
That would be retarded for the Wolves. They can get a lot more than just draft picks, and the whole benefit of trading KG is lumping Troy Hudson in with him.

BCWWF
06-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Just read the article on ESPN.com and the Wolves would be absolute idiots to do that trade. So would the Celtics. Really, so would the Suns.

1. KG is worth more than the fifth draft pick. The fifth choice this year is about equal to the 10th pick, all those players are about the same. If they are going to trade KG, they need to get more for him. Before it is Al Jefferson and the 5 pick, now it's just the five, come on!

2. I don't know how Marion meshes with Pierce and Jefferson in Boston. A good PG could make them good, but I just don't know.

3. I know Marion is probably on his way out, but KG should be replacing Amare if anybody. KG and Amare are too similar, whereas Marion is a one-of-a-king player in the NBA.

I don't know, first I don't see how the salary cap would work in that trade, since I'm pretty sure a draft pick isn't equal to $23 million. Second, I would prefer to move KG and another player and at least get one more player back. If the Wolves really had Jefferson, Ratliff, Telfair, Szczerbiak and 5 on the table for KG and Hudson and end up with only the 5, McHale needs to be sued, or something.

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 11:38 PM
The holdup is the Celtics want Marion to play at least 2 seasons for them but he can opt out after one, and do you want to risk some draft picks and potential great players for a guy that might play only one season for you?

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Orlando and Dallas are interested with the Sonics in a sign and trade with Rashard Lewis

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I like Rondo as a PG he is all around type of guy, and I think he would be a type of player to fit in with Jefferson, Pierce, and Marion if the trade happens

Crimson
06-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Where'd you hear that Sonics sign and trade rumor? I'd do it if I were them he's gonna walk anyways.

SammyG
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I hate Kupchak. He can't pull off one trade to save his life. I hope Kobe murders him.

BCWWF
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Timberwolves Get:
No. 1 Draft Pick
No. 2 Draft Pick
Jarrett Jack

Lakers Get:
Kevin Garnett
Rashard Lewis

Portland Gets:
Kobe Bryant
Troy Hudson
Marco Jaric

Seattle Gets:
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum
Ricky Davis
Mark Blount

BCWWF
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
PG - Jarrett Jack
SG - Randy Foye
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Jeff Green
C - Greg Oden

RP
06-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Timberwolves Get:
No. 1 Draft Pick
No. 2 Draft Pick
Jarrett Jack

Lakers Get:
Kevin Garnett
Rashard Lewis

Portland Gets:
Kobe Bryant
Troy Hudson
Marco Jaric

Seattle Gets:
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum
Ricky Davis
Mark Blount

Do you think Seattle is stupid or something? I'd much rather have Durant then Odom, Bynum and the other two scrubs. Plus you're asking them to give up Rashard Lewis for nothing LOL.

SammyG
06-27-2007, 05:39 PM
BCWWF, is that a trade you just made up, or is that a rumor?

IC Champion
06-27-2007, 06:16 PM
The Wolves, Suns and Celtics trade goes through if Marion will sign a 3 year contract extension with the Celtics.

Splaya
06-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm not trying to kill it, but if Marion signs that, what the fuck is he smoking. You wanna win a title, you go somewhere with caliber. You wanna rot in mediocrity hell with Danny Ainge, then sign that deal

RP
06-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Marion already said 2 weeks ago he didnt want to play for Boston.

RP
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
And why would Minnesota want basically nothing?

The Miz
06-27-2007, 06:58 PM
BCWWF, is that a trade you just made up, or is that a rumor?

It's completely retarded, so what do you think?

The Miz
06-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Here's another trade rumor BCWWF just told me about:

Nets get:
Bob Sura
Steve Novak
Mark Madsen

Lakers get:
Bracey Wright
Bostjan Nachbar

Rockets get:
Brian Cook
Mark Blount

Timberwolves get:
Kobe Bryant
Jason Kidd
Yao Ming
Tracy McGrady

I think it looks pretty fair, I dunno though, perhaps the Nets are getting too much?

RP
06-27-2007, 09:32 PM
lol

Crimson
06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
haha

mrslackalack
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
lol

mrslackalack
06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Heard that Lewis trade on ESPN Crimson

mrslackalack
06-27-2007, 10:19 PM
I read this 4 team trade rumor

Suns get
KG

T-Wolves get
# 3 pick
#19 pick
Speedy Claxton
Marvin Williams

Hawks get
Amare Stoudamire
Luke Ridnour

Sonics get
#11 pick

BCWWF
06-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Obviously my trade is made up. I don't think Portland or Seattle would trade those picks for anything.

That said, if the Wolves don't get more than one draft pick for KG, they shouldn't do it.

I don't know if this is legit or not at all, but my friend mentioned something tonight about a three-way with Phoenix-Minnesota-Atlanta, where KG to Phoenix, Amare to Atlanta, No. 3 and No. 11 to Minnesota, plus some other random players in there. Still just don't see Phoenix trading Amare though.

mrslackalack
06-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Analiysts are saying that if the Suns want an NBA title it has to be now, because Nash is in his mid 30's and would be willing to trade Amare for a KG.

mrslackalack
06-27-2007, 10:47 PM
BCWWF is right. I believe only a player the caliber of Wade, Kobe, Dirk, Duncan etc is what you would have to trade for one of those top 2 picks.

VonErichLives
06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
the word is PHX wants a top 10 pick.. there's also talk that Stoudamire was blocking a trade with him in it...

ahh, good'ol NBA lots of talk and no dealing...

oh yeah, and if the Celts don't trade for a Vetran Pierce wants out... fuck him... he just signed a big contract last year... he should have thought of that then... not a lot has changed... maybe he should try staying healthy and not crying about the refs so much..

I like him he's a good player and fun to watch... but hearing a guy who just signed a huge deal then giving that team demands on what they must do or he wants out... screw him.

mrslackalack
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
I thought that only Kobe has a no trade clause and anyone else could be traded if the team wants them to.

SammyG
06-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Kobe Bryant is the only player in the NBA with a no trade clause. Marion can get traded wherever the fuck PHX wants him to go. Also, if PHX gives up Amare Stoudemire, they are fucking morons. STAT is 25 years old, and already dominant.

McLegend
06-28-2007, 12:41 AM
but looking at it the other way

Steve Nash has a window of 2 years left, and with Kevin Garnett there it greatly improves that chance of winning a title inside of 2 years.

SammyG
06-28-2007, 02:24 AM
I would much rather have Amare on my team than Kevin Garnett

BCWWF
06-28-2007, 02:19 PM
The speculation I've heard is that the Hawks ownership doesn't want to do that deal because they know they it have to pay Amare more than the rookies. If that's true, they are idiots. The Hawks could be legitimately good soon with Amare, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Josh Childress, etc. If they could add a good PG they would be made.

SammyG
06-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Lakers have made an offer to Theo Papaloukas, a greek point guard, he's 6'7. I'd mark out for that, I've seen Papaloukas play in person, and he's the shit. Also, a rumor is that Brian Cook for Luther Head has been completed.

mrslackalack
06-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Good trade then

SammyG
06-29-2007, 03:38 AM
Fuck the Lakers.

The Miz
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
lol, Kobe is gonna be pissed. "Man, FUCK Sun Yue. We coulda had Jason Mothafuckin Kidd Man. Shit man, FUCK!"

RP
06-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I was gunna be pissed if Indiana didnt make a move to trade and get STANK BARAC.

:|

mrslackalack
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
If I went to an NBA game this season and watched the Lakers Id have a sign that says

KOBE FEARS BYNUM

lol

YOUR Hero
07-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Vince Carter opts out of the last year of his contract. Btw, he's a gay

McLegend
07-01-2007, 04:13 PM
He is apparently going to sign back with Nets anyway.

The Miz
07-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Kapono to Toronto

SammyG
07-02-2007, 12:05 PM
We overpaid to resign Walton. 30 mil.

Hanso Amore
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I hate the NBA. The contracts are terrible. Only in the NBA can Kapono get 30 mil. Every contract is way overblown!

Crimson
07-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Kapono for 30 mil?? That IS ridiculous

SammyG
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
A glorified 3 point shooter.

IC Champion
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Jesus christ Colangelo, Kopono for 6 mil a year? Raps are already stacked in the back court, is Grunwald secretly still GM?

They must plan on moving someone, try and get a new center maybe, even though theres shit all out there.

McDoogle
07-03-2007, 10:56 PM
I think it's a good move. He was first in the league in 3 pointers and Anthony Parker I think was 4th in the league. Teams just won't be able to double team Bosh anymore because the Raptors have too much of an outside threat and if one is stinking up the joint (ala Parker in the playoffs) then the other can step in.

The Miz
07-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Welp, seeya Rashard. It was fun. Orlando has nothing to offer us in a sign & trade so we're pretty much screwed there.

P.J. Carlesimo though, what the fuck? It was so obvious that Casey was the man for the job. We clearly need a guy who is known for working with young players, and Casey did that beautifully IN SEATTLE for fucks sake

BCWWF
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
I wonder if Derek Fisher's daughter will go to the Mayo Clinic and he will sign with the Wolves? I'd take him. Brevin Knight would be a good option too.

Crimson
07-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Well Seattle is gonna need more than Durant/Green to go anywhere. By the time they hit their prime they'll probably sign elsewhere :|

BCWWF
07-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Seattle still is about three years off from being good. I personally wouldn't write Portland in the playoffs quite yet either.

SammyG
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Lakers could be possibly interested in getting Fish again.

McLegend
07-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Apparently the Sixers are interesed in Darko

O happy day

IC Champion
07-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Kopano was a waste of money.

McLegend
07-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Kobe apolgized to Mitch Kupcheck

Kobe is now offically the biggest bitch ever.

McLegend
07-06-2007, 01:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2927333

Still wants to be traded though

SammyG
07-06-2007, 04:31 AM
Mammmbaaaa

mrslackalack
07-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Billups is staying with DET

SammyG
07-07-2007, 10:56 AM
What a faggot.

The Miz
07-08-2007, 02:48 PM
From ESPN:

KNICKS EYE ARTEST
David Lee reportedly could be one of the players the Knicks offer in deal to acquire Ron Artest this summer.

ROFL DO IT ISAIH

RP
07-08-2007, 03:23 PM
From ESPN:

KNICKS EYE ARTEST
David Lee reportedly could be one of the players the Knicks offer in deal to acquire Ron Artest this summer.

ROFL DO IT ISAIH

Wow you know what. David Stern might need to step in and stop Isaih from being a moron.

BCWWF
07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
David Lee was the Knicks best player last year, based on his production on my fantasy team.

SammyG
07-08-2007, 07:08 PM
David Lee is the shit!

KingofOldSchool
07-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Ron Artest and Zach Randolph on the same team

Just think of the nights on the town they could have together.

Splaya
07-08-2007, 07:39 PM
And the shootings that would occur shortly after

mrslackalack
07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
lol

mrslackalack
07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Knicks should hold on to David Lee

SammyG
07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Knicks should get Darius Miles too.

Splaya
07-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Don't forget Telfair

RP
07-08-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm sure the T-Wolves would part ways with Ricky Davis too. Probably should look into that.

SammyG
07-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Rasheed

RP
Why not just get Stephen Jackson for Marburry?

SammyG
why not sign The Game too? Compton!

RP
07-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I hear Master P likes basketball.

SammyG
07-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Stephen Jackson
The Game
Rasheed Wallace
Ricky Davis
Sebastian Telfair
Ricky Davis
Ron Artest
(random white guy) Chris Andersen

NBA CHAMP QUALITY SQUAD

mrslackalack
07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Pac Man Jones Head Cheerleader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SammyG
07-08-2007, 11:20 PM
the Unforgivable guy as the coach

mrslackalack
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Steven A. Smith PA annoucer!

SammyG
07-08-2007, 11:55 PM
SLAVA MEEDDVEEEEDEEENNNKKKO

Splaya
07-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Pac Man Jones Head Cheerleader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U and I both know he would be better suited to Coach. Cause you know he would control off the court antics.

SammyG
07-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Cryme Tyme should play too.

Evil Vito
07-09-2007, 12:39 AM
<font color=goldenrod>If the Knicks deal David Lee I'll be fucking pissed.

Though it would be hilarious having Artest, Randolph, and Marbury on the same team</font>

Jura
07-11-2007, 01:21 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtccPrnjdClmZxWmTxVW.O.8vLYF?slug=ap-heat-walkerrobbery&prov=ap&type=lgns

SammyG
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Rumorrrrr: Lakers and D-Fish finalizing contract talks.

Evil Vito
07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
<font color=goldenrod>LOL the Blazers are paying Steve Francis all $30 million left on his deal just to fuck off.</font>

mrslackalack
07-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Every1 was like no way Gerald Wallace will stay with the Bobcats and he signed an extension with them lol

mrslackalack
07-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Fisher would be a nice boost for the Lakers.

SammyG
07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Welcome back Derek Fisher

SammyG
07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Although I don't think the Lakers should have given him the full MLE

mrslackalack
07-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I know Fisher is not an elite player but I wonder if Kobe is having 2nd thoughts now considering another piece to their title years is back?

mrslackalack
07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Darko got a 3 yr deal with the Grizzlies

mrslackalack
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Basically all the big names are signed for the offseason (unless you count Francis). So really nothing exciting will happen now unless there is a blockbuster trade.

BCWWF
07-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Kobe wants a big man, and he most likely isn't going to get one, and he will have to deal with it.

Personally, I am kind of surprised that the Blazers cut Francis. I mean he was a cancer the last few years and not super effective, but playing well, he is exactly the kind of player they could use. They aren't going to make the playoffs unless they have a big scorer, and they don't have one right now. I don't think you can blame the Blazers for doing it, keeping him would have been a risk, but I see them another year or two away from the playoffs still.

BCWWF
07-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm still hearing rumors of KG being traded to the Lakers and what not, but at this point I think it is pretty clear that he isn't being traded. To get him would have required draft picks, trading recently drafted players is totally different.

SammyG
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
LOL @ Francis considering the Lakers. Nooooo thank you.

BCWWF
07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Francis back to the Rockets could make a certain amount of sense, no?

SammyG
07-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Francis should just go back home, to the ghetto.

mrslackalack
07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
lol

mrslackalack
07-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I think Francis would make a good fit back with the Rockets. While the Rockets have lots of PGs on the roster, Francis could easily feel that starting slot and could be a solid 3rd option in scoring for them behind T-Mac and Yao and Hayes and Battier can focus more on their defense and grabbing boards.

SammyG
07-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Hey, slackalack, how old are you? Outta curiosity.

mrslackalack
07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
the minimum age you can drink SammyG lol

BCWWF
07-15-2007, 01:17 AM
That is 21, for the record

The Miz
07-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Unless he is English, in which case he is a very advanced 5 year old

BCWWF
07-15-2007, 02:47 AM
I am pretty sure Mrs. Lack a Lack is from Indiana somewhere?

mrslackalack
07-15-2007, 10:01 PM
nope, but I used to live there BCWWF

BCWWF
07-16-2007, 05:45 PM
So where do you live now?

mrslackalack
07-16-2007, 10:04 PM
LEX

BCWWF
07-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Do you go to UK?

SammyG
07-17-2007, 05:26 AM
U 2 wanna take ur date to a private room?

BCWWF
07-17-2007, 02:46 PM
No, this is fine. Corey Brewer for ROY.

VonErichLives
07-17-2007, 03:40 PM
and the winner of the 2007 NBA draft...
The Milwaukee Bucks!

Chinese club to keep Yi's from Bucks

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/07/17/yi/index.html

KingofOldSchool
07-17-2007, 05:28 PM
and the winner of the 2007 NBA draft...
The Milwaukee Bucks!

I think the Pacers will have something to say about that.

Splaya
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Get this. Anderson Varajeo or however you spell his name was offered 6 million a season by the Cavs.

The bigger problem: His agent believes that he should make 9-10 million a season.

I don't which statement to laugh at more

SammyG
07-17-2007, 07:17 PM
ROFL

mrslackalack
07-17-2007, 10:04 PM
LOL

mrslackalack
07-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Who is the bigger tard Vajerjos agent or the Bucks for drafting Yi when he didnt want to go there?

mrslackalack
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
The Kings are interested in trading for Yi, and he is interested in going there. Plus KG has said he wants to stay in Minn.

SammyG
07-18-2007, 05:50 AM
KG is so fucking stupid. How fucking loyal can this idiot be? Jesus, he is wasting his talent.

Hanso Amore
07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Varejao Is a VERY good Backup PF/C in the east. He could even make a good starter, in the 12 poiints/10 Board range. I like him alot, But 10 mil is crazy. 6 mil I can take, because Sleedy Claxton and Jeff McGinnis make that much. Hell, Raef Lafrentz makes 3 times that.

mrslackalack
07-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Zo is coming back for one more season, He said he didnt want to end his career the way this past season ended for the Heat.

SammyG
07-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Francis signs 1 year deal with Houston

IC Champion
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
why the fuck would Houston bring Francais back, when they already know what he's all about.

Hanso Amore
07-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Francis can come off the bench and score, that is all he can do, its all they want him to do. Ill take him over rafer Alston. he doesnt need to be the guy anymore, they have T_MAc and Yao, now he can just fill a scoring role.

mrslackalack
07-19-2007, 10:10 PM
The Rockets really dont have a scoring option besides Yao and T-Mac. Some games Mike James can put up 30 or just 5 pts, and guys like Battier and Hayes are defensive players. I read that the Rockets now have EIGHT Pgs on their roster lol.

mrslackalack
07-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I heard the Francis deal is a 2 yr deal

BCWWF
07-19-2007, 11:57 PM
I called it, and it makes perfect sense to me. Francis was at his best in Houston and they need another legitimate scorer right now more than anything. I don't know how much of an impact he will make, but the upside is there, IMO.

Hanso Amore
07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
He isnt nearly as dangerous as he was, but scoring has never been Franchises problem, it has been D, Passing, and leading. I think he will be a solid 6th man.