PDA

View Full Version : WWE 12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Optimus Bone 69
05-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Apparently the meetings are just starting for the new game, so what kind of updates do you think we are going to see this year?
I can’t see them being able to do much more with this engine, but I was impressed with 2011

Thought?

Kalyx triaD
05-14-2011, 07:38 AM
(Oh shit SvR12 thread. Content? Source? Ah man :()

Drakul
05-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Create-An-Arena was promised for 2012 when they did an interview to promote 2011.

That would be cool but I can't see them doing it.

Optimus Bone 69
05-14-2011, 08:32 AM
probably end up with create-a-sign
i'd love a more detailed Universe mode

Purgatory
05-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Better Story mode, for one. I hate the running about backstage crap with SVR11 and I still haven't completed any of them.

Custom Attires for the WWE Stars...not just color variations, either. I mean actual clothing changes. For those of us that actually WANT to play as Kali while wearing a Tutu...

Maybe a bit better with the CAW option. Getting rid of the points system and going back to Layers would be nice.

whiteyford
05-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Not gonna happen but i wish they'd scrap the no inter gender stuff, getting dq'd for bumping into someone during a mixed tag match gets tiresome quickly.

And create-an-arena/GM mode etc. as well i guess.

Xero
05-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't expect much out of this year outside of them improving the weapons physics and a better Universe mode.

Wouldn't be surprised to see blood go away, either. Or at the very least tone down everything to just on the face and not going everywhere.

whiteyford
05-14-2011, 02:55 PM
There was an interview in the xbox magazine before last years game came out, THQ had to fight to keep the blood in, having to turn it on through the options was the result. First blood matches kinda suck so i wouldnt be too upset losing them if it meant getting a different match type but having blood set to off by default should be enough.

XCaliber
05-14-2011, 06:46 PM
More of a wishlist but surely not out of the realm of possibility:

-The return of tournaments such as KOTR, Beat the Clock challenges, or MITB.
-Improved Universe Mode like the vacating the belts, having the ability to cashing in wherever and whenever you want, and more slots for SD/RAW plus inclusion of nXt.
-New Superstars: Del Rio, Sin Cara, Ryan, Slater, Reks, The Usos, Rosa, Barretta, etc.
-40 Man Royal Rumble!
-nXt Mode where you can use CAWs or anyone that's participated on the show before.

Funky Fly
05-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Fuck this series.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-15-2011, 02:22 AM
How about dropping GameSpy as the online server provider?

DaveBrawl
05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Being able to download CAW's without having to buy XBL. :shifty:

Drakul
05-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Use Kinect for CAW. Kinect is getting updated soon to have better facial recognition. Use that to scan in our faces.

Everyone I've ever known to use CAW in any wrestling game tries to make themselves or a character based on them at some point. Save us the hassle and let us scan our faces in or, at the very least, use Facebreakers photo system (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1zk23wVcI).

I used to love CAW in the old WWF games but now it's just so fiddley and time consuming when it comes to shaping the body and face of a CAW and actual attires don't have enough choice. I'd like them to fix that.

I'm still wanting them to let us have our CAWs available at all times. If my brother is playing on his save file and I sign it to have a match against him, would it really be so hard to let me access my CAWs that are saved on the exact same console I've just logged in to?

Evil Vito
05-15-2011, 03:12 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I still remember Umaga and The Great Khali making the cut despite debuting the week after WrestleMania. That could bode well for Sin Cara, who appeared on-screen the night after Mania and had been getting hype vids which suggested he'd be a big deal.

Not sure which other SD game debuts there will be. Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan surely will be in. Alex Riley possibly. Heath Slater should see his first action in a SD game to go along with Barrett and Gabriel making the roster out-of-box this year. Otunga might have the edge at getting in since his model's already there, but that would mean they'd need to include the rest of Nexus as well and I could just see that leading towards them getting Spirit Squad'd and left out.

Hope Del Rio has a full entrance complete with Ricardo Rodriguez.</font>

Fignuts
05-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I want to not be bored with it after a month.

D Mac
05-15-2011, 08:27 PM
CAW transfer from SvR 2011 would be nice.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-15-2011, 08:35 PM
More than CAW Slots and more CAW Story slots. They should just use the free space on my hard drive for the extra slots that I might need.

PorkSoda
05-15-2011, 09:28 PM
I honestly think of passing up on the wrestling game this year. I'm tired of the Smackdown engine. I think my days of video games are behind me anyway as I've lost interest. I barely even played All Stars.

But get a new engine and, Jesus Christ please, MAKE THE DIFFICULTY HARD AS FUCK! I do play against other people, but a game against the CPU that gives a freaking hard hard challenge is beast.

Fallout 3 is a hard game (for me) and it took me about 2 hours to figure out how to do shit. Make it hard as Fallout 3 BUT EVEN HARDER! Make it HARDER WITH A VENGEANCE

Kalyx triaD
05-15-2011, 09:35 PM
SvR will never be that hard because of how the combat engine works (simulating staged combat). For a wrestling game to be competitively viable, like say the Nintendo games (AKI trilogy, DoR1/2), you'd have to sacrifice tropes of realistic presentation. The SvR series will not do this. It celebrates the spectacle over the combat.

What this means for you is the computer can only ever be cheap and annoying, but not legit challenging on a competitive level.

PorkSoda
05-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Damnit!

Fignuts
05-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Play firepro.

Cool King
05-16-2011, 03:23 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Hope Del Rio has a full entrance complete with Ricardo Rodriguez.</font>

That would be awesome and I'm sure it will happen though. Afterall, Mr. Kennedy had his unique entrance in the SvR games, so I can't see why Del Rio won't.

I can't really imagine many new faces making it on the SvR12 roster though. :-\

If I had to create a roster using only 56 slots like last year, I imagine this as being the roster.

Alberto Del Rio
Alex Riley
Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Big Show
Booker T*
Brie Bella
Brodus Clay
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Christian
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Evan Bourne
Eve
Ezekial Jackson
Gail Kim
Heath Slater
Jack Swagger
Jerry Lawler*
John Cena
John Morrison
JTG
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Layla
Mark Henry
Maryse
Melina
Michael Cole*
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Primo
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Ted DiBiase
The Miz
Triple H
Tyson Kidd
The Undertaker
Vladimir Kozlov
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

* = If they have brand specific commentators, then I think they'll be in the game as playable characters, but if it's like last years game which only had Lawler and Cole, I think Booker T will be in the game, but Lawer and Cole's spot would be taken by Goldust and The Great Khali.

Also, I think Edge will be included in the game even though he's no longer part of the roster. I can imagine it as being a sortof "Farewell" game for Edge, sortof in a similar fashion to Shawn Michaels being included in SvR11 just after he retired.

Xero
05-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Also, I think Edge will be included in the game even though he's no longer part of the roster. I can imagine it as being a sortof "Farewell" game for Edge, sortof in a similar fashion to Shawn Michaels being included in SvR11 just after he retired.
If Edge isn't on the main roster he'll definitely be in the "Legends" section.

PorkSoda
05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Play firepro.

I bought that for PS2 about a year ago and only played it like three or four times. It was pretty much a game to hold me over for the weekend till I got Smackdown 2011. It's a very detailed game, but I don't have any intentions on ever playing it again for some reason.

Probably because I don't have a PS2 anymore. Even if I did, I wouldnt bother

LuigiD
05-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Fire Pro is a great game..but unless you have a Action Max or whatever to download rosters,logos, etc..it is not a game you want to play much. Even after downloading like a trillion wrestlers..I did a ton of matches and then didn't know what to do. Would be nice to see that game come out sometime with better features but that is never going to happen so whatever.

Nicky Fives
05-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I never bought 2011, but I will purchase 2012.... I never see enough changes in the game to warrant purchasing it every year......

#BROKEN Hasney
05-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Good call. Plan to purchase the game before any info has even come out for it. That'll encourage developers to work hard to make sure you buy their games :y:

Cool King
05-19-2011, 03:49 PM
From Facebook.

Who do you hope will layeth the Smackdown on the cover of our next WWE Game? We'll be revealing it A LOT earlier than usual...

BizarroKing
05-19-2011, 04:18 PM
I haven't heard anything about it. You would think we'd have some info on it by now...

Regarding on who will be on the cover, I wanna say, The Rock (just because), The Miz, Edge as a farewell thanks for him, Alberto Del Rio, and sadly since he's been on like every game cover for a while now, John Cena.

Cool King
05-19-2011, 04:43 PM
I think Cena, Orton, Miz and Del Rio will be on the cover.

Maybe even The Rock towering over them.

Evil Vito
05-20-2011, 01:08 AM
If Edge isn't on the main roster he'll definitely be in the "Legends" section.

<font color=goldenrod>I expect he'll be on the main roster, much like HBK was last year. This will probably be his last SD game though, I don't see him being a perrenial legend like Rock, Austin, Vince, and (most likely) HBK. Could also see Lawler getting in the game this year. Booker T also has a decent chance since they put Steamboat in last year and hyped him as being a "WCW legend". Think they'll also put Diesel in to take advantage of his Legends deal. Don't see Cole being in as a playable guy, though I could see him being a throw-in for DLC (Kharma will be heavily requested DLC this year too I'm sure).

Last year's roster was massive. By my count there were 72 playable characters out of box (one of which was Bret who I think was actually on the disk even though not everybody got him by default). I gotta think The Hurricane was meant to be playable but they scrapped it after his release well before Mania, leaving him in only for his Road to WM skit. There's also evidence in Road to WM that guys like Carlito and Khali were in but were scrapped, so conceivably the roster could be as high as 74-75 out of box.

I think everyone who was in last year's game that was still around at about WM time this year (including Edge and McCool) will return. Being in the game before always gives you a leg-up at inclusion the next year. Between the active roster, 10 or so legends, and the token spot or two for random characters like the Druid - I think you'll be left with only a few spots to pick between the New Nexus or the Trent Barretas and Tyler Rekses of the world.</font>

Extreme Angle
05-20-2011, 02:58 AM
If I remember correctly... Is it this year they aren't making a ps2 version?
That'll surely help them

Evil Vito
05-21-2011, 01:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>They need to fix the Rumble entry order and Elimination Chamber entry order. It's the same thing every time. I refuse to believe it's that hard to put a bunch of randomizer codes in that would actually give you a random entry order each time.</font>

CSL
05-21-2011, 02:20 PM
<font color=goldenrod> Think they'll also put Diesel in to take advantage of his Legends deal.</font>

Was definitely not getting anymore Smackdown games after the last few but then I read this. I'm not sure I could not buy WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 20Nash, which is obviously what the title will be if he's in

CSL
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW vs. Nash

CSL
05-21-2011, 02:22 PM
WWE Nashdown

CSL
05-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Fuck it, Kevin Nash: The Game (ft. WWE)

Xero
05-21-2011, 02:28 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuBv2V5Z8is?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuBv2V5Z8is?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

CSL
05-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm thinking we fuck Road to WrestleMania off and introduce the brand new Nash Mode, where you get the honour of playing through 3 months of Big Kev's life, starting from his groundbreaking return at the Royal Rumble up to his triumphant and decisive powerbomb victory over The Undertaker at WrestleMania to end the streak. Pre-orders get a bonus Big Sexy Male Hair and Grooming Guide and Scott Hall's phone number.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-21-2011, 02:53 PM
The Nash mode should be like that Spiderman game where you played as 4 different variations of Spiderman.

Diesel, NWO Nash, post NWO Nash and TNA Nash. Then all those timelines join up and its revealed they're all just Nash reminiscing about the past... the night before he has to challenge and beat Takers streak.

Xero
05-21-2011, 03:02 PM
God, that would be amazing. Working your way up from Shawn's bodyguard, to having to negotiate with Hogan to start the nWo, a Fingerpoke of Doom minigame, etc.

Xero
05-21-2011, 03:09 PM
http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Pin%20Bob%20Backlund%20in%20under%2010%20seconds

CSL
05-21-2011, 03:52 PM
http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Pin%20Bob%20Backlund%20in%20under%2010%20seconds

it's beautiful :'(

Cool King
05-26-2011, 02:04 PM
From Facebook.

Countdown to May 31, a new ERA begins...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/WWEgames/posts/10150196558383355

Xero
05-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Interesting.

Could be a good thing (new engine), lame thing (rebranding) or just "lol look new game with the concept of it being a new era but it's really just the same game with a new menu system".

Cool King
05-26-2011, 02:25 PM
I think it could be rebranding.

The name "SmackDown vs Raw" doesn't really work anymore, especially as SmackDown and Raw don't have a strong rivalry anymore, like they did when the series began.

Now, we have SmackDown superstars showing up on Raw with no explanation and vice versa.

The only time SmackDown and Raw go to "war" is when Bragging Rights is coming up, and that's only once a month. So it would be pretty much pointless for the name of the series to remain named after something that happens only one month out of twelve. :-\

Xero
05-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Sports Entertainment: The Game

Or maybe they really are bringing out Kevin Nash 2012. LOL, that seriously sounds like something that would have been released for the SNES.

I want a Kevin Nash game in the Contra engine.

Cool King
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Maybe it'll be rebranded as "WWE: The Game" or as that sounds too much like a Triple H game, it might just be "WWE 2012" or "WWE 12".

It's highly unlikely but this might be a complete overhaul of the product. A lot of people and reviewers have been saying that the past three or four games have been pretty much the same, so you never know.

Tommy Gunn
05-26-2011, 04:29 PM
WWE: SVR 2012, featuring limited edition R-Truth edition with pre-order bonus of his new theme and titan tron

Evil Vito
05-26-2011, 04:40 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Doubt I'll buy it this year unless there's an overhaul.

That being said, they'll probably make some amazing changes to Universe mode and I'll buy it for that.</font>

What Would Kevin Do?
05-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Honestly, I'll probably buy it as long as they move forward. Meaning unless they gimp the system more, remove more moves, etc, I'll probably buy it.

Although Ireally hope they fix submissions and add more, add the pinning button option to top rope moves, and fix the movelists if they're going to stick with the chain and groggy grapple set up (because I hate the fact that so many peeps have the same chain grapple moves.)

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm planning to have GameFly by then so I'll probably just rent and play the shit out of it and then return it.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-26-2011, 06:23 PM
I haven't heard anything about it. You would think we'd have some info on it by now...

Regarding on who will be on the cover, I wanna say, The Rock (just because), The Miz, Edge as a farewell thanks for him, Alberto Del Rio, and sadly since he's been on like every game cover for a while now, John Cena.

You don't normally hear anything until at least E3.

I mean come on, the first 5.5 months has to be all the new voice recording, then .5 months on minor new gameplay features, then a good 4 months of promotion.

They might do an overhaul since people bitched about the graphics last year, despite it being the first fun Smackdown vs. Raw game in-ring wise.

LuigiD
05-26-2011, 09:46 PM
I tend to skip Smackdown games every other year. If this year there is no major fucking changes I guess ill have to skip 2 years in a row. it seems to be the only way to enjoy WWE games.

Damian Rey
05-26-2011, 09:52 PM
I skipped for a couple of years, and got last year's version for Christmas. Gotta say, it got pretty boring realy quick. Unless they overhaul the game and completely reinvent it rather than making minor upgrades and roster additions while stamping a new year on the front, there's a good chance I will not be making a purchase.

LuigiD
05-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah, some serious new additions need to be made. New gameplay system is a must. Having played every single game..the gameplay is just so mundane and easy at this point. When I get a new game I just set it to legend difficulty right away. Road to Wrestlemania is an awful mode as well in my opinion. A season mode similar to Here Comes the Pain would be gold.

DAMN iNATOR
05-27-2011, 11:08 AM

A real achievement (for THQ) would be going back to the drawing board and wiping the slate clean and building the best game in the series yet with this year's entry. Not gonna happen, obviously, but if it doesn't soon this series will eventually die off.

XCaliber
05-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Also another tough one is going one year without blowing your quad. :lol:

Cool King
05-27-2011, 02:13 PM
"WWEgames (THQ)" have posted a link to a survey via their Facebook account.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6PWYX2Q

It's interesting that they've said that you could win a copy of WWE All Stars or "our next WWE Game".

No mention of the SvR Series and they're still talking about this "New Era" which comes at the end of the month.

XL
05-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Anyone know the sales figures for the SmackDown series? I'm interested to see if sales have dropped or if we're in a a "ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

PorkSoda
05-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Anyone else think its time to retire the "Smackdown vs Raw" title? It's been going year after year since 2004 and in regular conversation it's confusing.

I have conversations with people saying "No Mercy was a great game." To which the other person will say "WWF Attitude was a good effort." Nowadays, I'll say something like "I loved Smackdown vs Raw 2006" to which the other person says "Which one was that?"

Anyone else agree?

Kalyx triaD
05-28-2011, 09:06 PM
You say the title and year and somebody would ask which one it is? Are there wrestling game fans who don't know what SvR refers to?

I agree about the title change but the reason was kinda silly.

PorkSoda
05-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Let me ask you this, without doing research on the internet, what were some similarities and differences between 2006 and 2007? Also, how was 2009 on an overall perspective?

Kalyx triaD
05-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Without doing any research:

2006 was the last game to emphasize the rivalry between Smackdown and Raw, the trailers and intro used Orton and Cena as the young figureheads for the war. 2006 Also had a bitchin story mode that elevated the series in that regard.

2007 introduced the interactive moves and had a demo showcasing this. It was the cross-platform iteration, I believe.

2009 was a personal fave of mine, and the last one I put serious time in. It enhanced a number of features of the series including create-a-move. It also had a pretty cool menu system. I see it as the first improvement on the series in a few years.

Kalyx triaD
05-28-2011, 09:30 PM
People can do this, and get really into details, with sports game iterations. I don't really see this as a challenge.

I said I agreed with the name change, what's the boggle?

PorkSoda
05-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Okay, apparently you know. There is no boggle.

What I'm saying is that I have to remind people of what was featured in 2006 or 2007 because the year is the only change in the title.....and some people need to be reminded. No Mercy was an awesome game. WWF Attitude was okay. WWF WarZone was decent at the time. Now let me talk about Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and compare that to Smackdown Vs Raw 2007. People have a natural reaction to go "....what was in 2006?"

Maybe it just annoys me.

Kalyx triaD
05-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Cool. No prob.

taker707
05-29-2011, 04:11 AM
Cory ledesma i guess has been tweeting anagrams for the last 3 weeks . no idea what the first one was . the latest one translated to Advanced Tech Invades the Engine. heres the current anagram "A Heartbroken Pen Igniting".
Try and figure it out

Fignuts
05-29-2011, 04:45 AM
Kalyx, unlike you, most people don't treat videogames like a religion, and indeed wouldn't be able to list the differences between the SvR games.

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2011, 04:59 AM
In a fit of cosmic irony, you people play games more than I do.

Drakul
05-29-2011, 06:54 AM
"A Heartbroken Pen Igniting".

I can only get the words "Pin Engine" and I'm left with "A Heartbrok ting".

Verbose Minch
05-29-2011, 08:28 AM
In a fit of cosmic irony, you people play games more than I do.

He never stated that you play more games, he stated that you treat them like a religion.

You act like being good at a fighting game requires years of hard work and dedication.

Tommy Gunn
05-29-2011, 08:50 AM
They have never fixed the damage system enough in SvR. You perform a finisher on someone and they stay down for a while, which works nicely, but if someone then kicks them on the ground, they immediately get up as if nothing happened.

Anyway, I played all the WWF games up until Shut Your Mouth, then missed HCTP and SVR as I stopped watching wrestling for a few years. I got back into it in 2006 and played SVR 2006-2011, buying each new edition on release day as my yearly ritual.

I hope a new title leads to a a fresh game engine, instead of an updated SVR 2011 under a new name.

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2011, 10:42 AM
You act like being good at a fighting game requires years of hard work and dedication.

First of all, it kinda does. Like anything and everything else. You don't wake up one morning and do a juggle into Ryu's ultra combo. Secondly, most of you guys would still be putting more "hard work and dedication" into it anyway - as I've not been playing videogames in general regularly, while they trucked along. That was my point: They play more games than I do.

I take core mechanics seriously, I admit. I'm a competitive gamer. I like getting good at something and challenging people, testing what I learned. You think that means nothing because it's a videogame? That's how you sound.

May I ask what I do that hints at me treating games like a religion?

whiteyford
05-29-2011, 10:46 AM
They have never fixed the damage system enough in SvR. You perform a finisher on someone and they stay down for a while, which works nicely, but if someone then kicks them on the ground, they immediately get up as if nothing happened.

Yeah that needs fixed badly, its the little flaws that bug me the most honestly.

Evil Vito
05-29-2011, 11:08 AM
<font color=goldenrod>God I hope they are changing the engine.</font>

Fignuts
05-29-2011, 03:43 PM
First of all, it kinda does. Like anything and everything else. You don't wake up one morning and do a juggle into Ryu's ultra combo. Secondly, most of you guys would still be putting more "hard work and dedication" into it anyway - as I've not been playing videogames in general regularly, while they trucked along. That was my point: They play more games than I do.

I take core mechanics seriously, I admit. I'm a competitive gamer. I like getting good at something and challenging people, testing what I learned. You think that means nothing because it's a videogame? That's how you sound.

May I ask what I do that hints at me treating games like a religion?

Being able to list all the differences in the SvR games for one. You aren't even that big of a fan of those games. People who are, can't even rattle off what you did without googleing it.

Keep in mind, I never said all this was a bad thing. Lot of people treat sports like a religion. Who cares? It's your passion. Nothing wrong with that. Was just making the point that porksoda was correctfor for the most part, and that you are an exception to the rules.

Fignuts
05-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Also, keep in mind, when I say "religion" I am being facetious.

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm a sexy nerd.

Xero
05-30-2011, 06:49 PM
From JR's Blog (via PWInsider): "Expect to hear a major announcement Tuesday from WWE/THQ. Arguably the biggest news to date from WWE on the video game front."

If that's true, it has to be an engine change or a philosophy change. Can't just be a name change.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Not really. One of the Madden games had a "radical change" once.

I can hope though, it's only tomorrow until we find out.

Tommy Gunn
05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Just give me Zack Ryder's new trunks and Tag Champions that walk to the ring at the fucking same time, and Rosa Mendes. Otherwise, when it finally comes out and I pick up a brand new copy of the game in stores, I will no-sell buying it.

Drakul
05-31-2011, 02:35 AM
Well, we have "create a story", "creater a wrestler", "create an entrance", "create a sign/tattoo/symbol", "create a move", "create a stable" and we've had "create a taunt", "create a PPV" and "create a belt" in the past.

I remember that guy that does all the interviews for SvR on game sites saying they would try and do "Create an arena/ring" this year.

Maybe they'll have the game be about our own brand or federation. We create our wrestlers and their signs, moves etc. Design the ring, arena and titles. Create rivalaries and alliences and try to run our own brand/fed.

I've always wanted them to bring back the ratings system from Smackdown2. Where it showed you how many people watched your show/PPV and at which points.

So it would be cool if that's what it was but I can't really see it. If they ever do that, I'd like them to give us a budget that we have to keep up by selling merchandise and setting ticket prices and stuff.

Maybe make it "Monday Night Wars: The Game". You go head to head with WWE, try signing their talent while trying to stop them signing yours with offers of better pay and more tv time. All the while trying to keep ratings up with interesting matches, stories and rivalries.

Fox
05-31-2011, 04:28 AM
They're getting rid of the "Smackdown VS RAW" title and just calling it "WWE '12"

Fignuts
05-31-2011, 04:37 AM
From JR's Blog (via PWInsider): "Expect to hear a major announcement Tuesday from WWE/THQ. Arguably the biggest news to date from WWE on the video game front."

If that's true, it has to be an engine change or a philosophy change. Can't just be a name change.

Jim Ross knows jack all about videogames, so yeah it can. Also, wwe people always make every little thing out to be THE GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.

Over the past couple of years, I honestly think they've surpassed Tony Shiavone in ridiculous overstatements.

Cool King
05-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Maybe they'll have the game be about our own brand or federation. We create our wrestlers and their signs, moves etc. Design the ring, arena and titles. Create rivalaries and alliences and try to run our own brand/fed.

I've always wanted them to bring back the ratings system from Smackdown2. Where it showed you how many people watched your show/PPV and at which points.

So it would be cool if that's what it was but I can't really see it. If they ever do that, I'd like them to give us a budget that we have to keep up by selling merchandise and setting ticket prices and stuff.

Maybe make it "Monday Night Wars: The Game". You go head to head with WWE, try signing their talent while trying to stop them signing yours with offers of better pay and more tv time. All the while trying to keep ratings up with interesting matches, stories and rivalries.

So in a way, like "GM Mode: The Game" or like the Football Manager Series?

Xero
05-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Or, you know, TEW.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2010/

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2011, 10:24 AM
All I want is a good, playable match engine.

Trust me, get TEW if you want all that management BS. It is fantastic and with the community, you can play any era you like virtually. Keep it out of my console game.

Cool King
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
I forgot about TEW.

DAMN iNATOR
05-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Without doing any research:

2006 was the last game to emphasize the rivalry between Smackdown and Raw, the trailers and intro used Orton and Cena as the young figureheads for the war. 2006 Also had a bitchin story mode that elevated the series in that regard.

2007 introduced the interactive moves and had a demo showcasing this. It was the cross-platform iteration, I believe.

2009 was a personal fave of mine, and the last one I put serious time in. It enhanced a number of features of the series including create-a-move. It also had a pretty cool menu system. I see it as the first improvement on the series in a few years.

'06 was also the only game in the series with a certain superstar in it to feature
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yfqbcxUV8l0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>
:D

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/659/659074/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051018040432258.jpg
Also still remember seeing that image in SvR '06 in Christian's entrance and wondering where the fuck the "C" was. :lol:

Cool King
05-31-2011, 12:05 PM
It looks like it's the end of the SmackDown vs Raw series.

The new game is named "WWE '12".

http://www.wwe.com/inside/thq/25017702

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kBVl5yYXoNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
The latest evolution of THQ’s groundbreaking WWE franchise, WWE ‘12 promises to deliver the most realistic in-ring action ever seen in a WWE video game to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii consoles on Nov. 22 with a bigger, badder and better gameplay experience than ever before.

Reinventing its iconic SmackDown vs. Raw series, WWE ’12 boasts all-new Predator Technology, which provides the most fluid and realistic animations ever seen in a WWE video game, improved artificial intelligence (A.I.) and an innovative “Breaking Point” submission system. Immersing the WWE Universe in the action even further is WWE ‘12’s dynamic TV-style presentation that utilizes new rendering and lighting technologies to masterfully recreate the unique thrills of Raw, SmackDown and WWE pay-per-view events.

Complementing its robust roster, WWE ’12 features the most expansive creation suite to date, with a wide selection of tools allowing members of the WWE Universe to create their own Superstars, entrances, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more. Players can then share and download their creations online, allowing limitless gameplay possibilities.

WWE ’12 will also feature a bigger, badder and better “WWE Universe” mode, empowering players to determine the destiny of WWE‘s Superstars and Divas with storylines, matches, alliances and rivalries that are shaped by their decisions. Additionally, a revamped “Road to WrestleMania” mode allows WWE Universe members to experience the action, drama, twists and turns as they choose their favorite Superstar and embark on an exciting journey to The Showcase of the Immortals.

WWE ’12 arrives on Nov. 22 in the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.thq.com.

See, just a name change and the usual yearly promises.

although if they get rid of that physics system to re-improve the graphics, they can fuck off.

Cool King
05-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Maybe it'll be rebranded as "WWE: The Game" or as that sounds too much like a Triple H game, it might just be "WWE 2012" or "WWE 12".

Yeah. :cool:

Tommy Gunn
05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
So we get some new animations, improved lighting, an updated submission system, and all the key features we already have in SVR 2011.

I think for me this hinges on how much they change Universe Mode. We shall see...

Does WWE '12 sound shit to anyone else? I was hoping for a cool subtitle like they used to have before SVR.

Cool King
05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
"WWE SmackDown: You Can't See Me!"

Cool King
05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
:shifty:

Tommy Gunn
05-31-2011, 12:31 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254500_10150200682703355_110431863354_7324685_869912_n.jpg

DEEEEEL RIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BizarroKing
05-31-2011, 12:33 PM
They should go the reboot route and just call it WWE Smackdown.

Or add tons of subtitles:
WWE Universe featuring NXT: The Game 2012-Version 2.5: This time...it's preposterous.

DAMN iNATOR
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM
"...and tonight, "WWE '12" is sponsored in part by:"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nVn6hrw4LyA/TRvz6-kc2qI/AAAAAAAAAHc/N887KKMHsUM/s1600/SP_FruityPebblesHR.jpg

Xero
05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Meh. Same old shit, new coat of paint.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2011, 12:51 PM
That's last years GFX engine. Will be worth a download then at least, not paying money for it.

Drakul
05-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Meh. Same old shit, new coat of paint.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WsFswQ7W81c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't say I'm excited about the game. Then again we don't really know anything about it, really. They can say "We're using this tech now!" but we can't really decide until we at least see it in action.

I'm thinking it'll be what everyone else is saying. Same game, new name.

Xero
05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
I want to say that I won't get it but I'm not sure (said I wouldn't last year, too). SvR11 was my least-played WWE game probably ever. I'll probably skip a year again. Did it for 08 or whatever the one was that introduced the Extreme Rules match, and the next one felt fresher than usual.

Honestly, the physics engine is the greatest thing probably ever to happen to the series. If they can improve on that over the next two games I could see good things down the line. But that's not to say that I want them to keep this engine going. I want a new game from the ground up, even if it means doing it as an off-shoot at first, like All Stars, then moving it to the main series.

For example, they could release a "Monday Night Wars" game, with 90s-2000s Attitude Era guys from WCW, WWE and ECW. Make it a sim, and do a whole story mode revolving around the Monday Night Wars and "rewriting" it with invasions and whatever. Then just take that engine and either release a sequel to further refine it or move it over right away to the WWE series.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Easily played more of 2011 than any other. Probably because it was the first one that actually injected some fun to the engine.

Still quickly went back to DoR2 though (Now in HD).

whiteyford
05-31-2011, 01:04 PM
I'll probably pick it up regardless honestly. Universe mode was kinda hit and miss for me, the novelty of the randomness of it all wears off after a while, but im interested to see how exactly they've developed it.

FearedSanctity
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Haven't bought a SvR game since the first one on PS2, so I'll prob just pick this one up to have something recent

SuperSlim
05-31-2011, 02:21 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171529p1.html

according to that... things are starting to change up. interrupting moves for starters will be a very good thing. Bringing that back from the DoR engine.

Xero
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
"When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations."

Okay, I'm interested in the game again.

Cool King
05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Alberto Del Rio's entrance comes complete with Ricardo Rodriguez.

Awesome. :cool:

From reading all that, it sounds like it's going to be a good game.

Fignuts
05-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Thank fuck god you can break up eliminations in the rumble this year.

This is all sounding really good, btw. Wish I would have skipped 11 and went right to this.

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2011, 03:01 PM
"When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations."

Sold. Like, I don't give a fuck about anything else revealed. I've made my decision here and now. I'm buying this game.

Tommy Gunn
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Erm, so SVR 11 took out 75% of your groggy grapple options from '10, and now '12 is taking out the other 25% and you go back to using the face buttons? Erm, no, this doesn't sound good. I liked having tonnes of moves to choose from in '10. This is sounding like an arcade game to me.

I'm going to be spending the next 6 months complaining, then still end up buying it on release day, shaking my fist at the sky while walking home.

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Basically, you know how Randy Orton pounds the ground before he goes to hit his Finisher on TV? That can happen in the game now. You knock your opponent down with your Finisher primed, hit the taunt button, and you'll get a celebration that ends with the opponent getting to his feet in the perfect setup for your big move. The opponent gets a chance at reversing it, but it really brings together that TV style presentation THQ's been working on for the last few years.

I wanted a manual 'wake up finisher' mechanic since HCTP (Goldberg's Spear set-up was epic).

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2011, 03:11 PM
'Ultra Combos' are in essentially. Everybody has their own Five Moves of Death, I guess.

D Mac
05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Buying

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2011, 03:16 PM
While I won't confirm that I will defo be getting this based on one feature (It's THQ, they can still shit down our throats from a great height), it is the feature I've been asking for since 2006, which is nice.

CSL
05-31-2011, 03:19 PM
would still rather play Hulk Hogan's Main Event

CSL
05-31-2011, 03:19 PM
yeah, bung the white man onto the 4th page :motherfuckers:

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
For the love of GOD improve online multiplayer. PLEASE.

BizarroKing
05-31-2011, 03:37 PM
BRING BACK TOURNAMENT MODE AND CREATE A PPV!

And maybe GM mode.

Dark-Slicer Diago
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Official cover

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1171523/tba-wwe-12-20110530093457462.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1171523/tba-wwe-12-20110530093455869.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1171523/tba-wwe-12-20110530093451509.jpg

Xero
05-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Don't like the cover, honestly.

PorkSoda
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
WWE 12? Ummm....okay? Does this mean that this game is designed for 12 year olds considering the PG era? GOD IHOP ENOT!

See what I did there? I put IHOP in that sentence. Clever, huh?

Hopefully they got a brand new engine for this game. WWE 12 (huh?) should be different than the Smackdown series.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-31-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm thrilled that they stole the wake up taunt from the Wrestle Kingdom games. If it's what I'm thinking, it's not a specific animation, ie, it's not a ground grapple taunt that results in them getting up like the old games. Instead, it's a normal taunt that forces people to stagger to their feet in a dazed state. Could be awesome.

Also, yay for stored finishers.

I am curious to see how the grappling works. They say it depends on how much damage the guy has sustained. Since it's mapped to face buttons, I'm guessing it's five grapples a damage state ( the button, and then the button along with each of the four directions.) I'm guessing there's unphased, tired, and dizzy. That would be 15 front grapples total, plus 2 sigs and two finishers. Then add in back grapples, etc, I'd be okay with that.

If it ends up being like 8 grapples total, I'll be pissed though.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2011, 06:20 PM
WWE 12? Ummm....okay? Does this mean that this game is designed for 12 year olds considering the PG era? GOD IHOP ENOT!

See what I did there? I put IHOP in that sentence. Clever, huh?

Hopefully they got a brand new engine for this game. WWE 12 (huh?) should be different than the Smackdown series.

It clearly isn't a new engine based on the shots up there.

I'm thrilled that they stole the wake up taunt from the Wrestle Kingdom games. If it's what I'm thinking, it's not a specific animation, ie, it's not a ground grapple taunt that results in them getting up like the old games. Instead, it's a normal taunt that forces people to stagger to their feet in a dazed state. Could be awesome.

Also, yay for stored finishers.

I am curious to see how the grappling works. They say it depends on how much damage the guy has sustained. Since it's mapped to face buttons, I'm guessing it's five grapples a damage state ( the button, and then the button along with each of the four directions.) I'm guessing there's unphased, tired, and dizzy. That would be 15 front grapples total, plus 2 sigs and two finishers. Then add in back grapples, etc, I'd be okay with that.

If it ends up being like 8 grapples total, I'll be pissed though.

Yeah, the wake up thing after a taunt is awesome. Loved doing that to hit an EX Finisher in VPW2.

Speaking of VPW and grapple moves though, I really miss just holding the button longer for stronger grapples. If you get the system right, you just make it so they're ridiculously easy to reverse early on.

Emperor Smeat
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM

Didn't WWE Day of Recognizing 1 & 2 do the same thing with the break up of any move and even went as far as if anyone else was within the falling wrestler, they would get hit as well?

Then again I think all the wrestling games on the Gamecube did the same thing although they also all had the constant mashing of the A button to get up and the ganging up of the CPU to always beat up the player and not each other.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Didn't WWE Day of Recognizing 1 & 2 do the same thing with the break up of any move and even went as far as if anyone else was within the falling wrestler, they would get hit as well?

Then again I think all the wrestling games on the Gamecube did the same thing although they also all had the constant mashing of the A button to get up and the ganging up of the CPU to always beat up the player and not each other.

Yes the GC games had that, which is why we know it's awesome.

My DoR CAW always had a broad kick as a special, I really hope you can do any sort of move to break up other moves.

I think you're paranoid about the last part though. I still play a LOT of DoR2 due to it ebig the only WWE game in the past 6 or so years with a decent engine. I play with the CPU on max difficulty and if you leave them alone, 2 will square off and fight each other.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Only problem with interrupting moves. Pretty much makes handicap matches impossible.

DAMN iNATOR
05-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Only problem with interrupting moves. Pretty much makes handicap matches impossible.

How so? 1 guy can't block simultaneous yet different attacks? I don't get what you're sayin' here.:?:

What Would Kevin Do?
05-31-2011, 09:12 PM
How so? 1 guy can't block simultaneous yet different attacks? I don't get what you're sayin' here.:?:

If moves can be interrupted, it's going to be hard to hit a move on someone when their partner can interrupt it. Basically, you're going to have a hell of a hard time doing moves to your opponents because they'll be able to interrupt you. I highly doubt you're going to be able to block attacks while doing a suplex.

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Then try harder. :)

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2011, 09:52 PM
This system makes you appreciate landing moves.

D Mac
06-01-2011, 01:05 AM
I think the cover looks cool. RKO!

Lara Emily
06-01-2011, 01:23 AM
wow I went from definitely not getting to likely getting after all this info.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2011, 01:56 AM
This system makes you appreciate landing moves.

Until people try to play online, and the matches consist of 90% strikes because that's the only thing people can land. Then people will whine that the game is cheap. What it really comes down to is the fact that you can't please everybody.

Kalyx triaD
06-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Have you ever played DoR?

Funky Fly
06-01-2011, 02:42 AM
wow I went from definitely not getting to likely getting after all this info.
Word. I was like 99% sure I was skipping this year. I'm like 50-50 now.
Until people try to play online, and the matches consist of 90% strikes because that's the only thing people can land. Then people will whine that the game is cheap. What it really comes down to is the fact that you can't please everybody.

Kalyx is on point here. It makes matches sooooo much more epic. I especially hope they keep the DoR feature where not only can you interrupt moves, you can use use things like overhead belly to belly suplexes to throw one dude into another and take them both out. First thing I'm doing when my brothers are in town this week is firing up DoR 2 and having a Fatal 4 way last man standing match.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-01-2011, 02:44 AM
I have an image in my head right now with one guy trying to suplex another onto the steps and a third person broad kicking the guy doing the suplex into the steps and the other guy being dropped head first onto him. Physics + interruptable moves could = awesome.

Funky Fly
06-01-2011, 02:48 AM
You know what I loved in DoR? Spearing a dude out of Sweet Chin Music, Stunnering the other guy and then locking a Sharpshooter back on the first guy and winning the triple threat. Seriously, so many good times with those 2 games.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-01-2011, 03:28 AM
You know what I loved in DoR? Spearing a dude out of Sweet Chin Music, Stunnering the other guy and then locking a Sharpshooter back on the first guy and winning the triple threat. Seriously, so many good times with those 2 games.

EXACTLY.

Unless it was the first round of specials of the game, then HBK would get up and knock you down and apply some more SCM.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Wait wait wait... I've just read that IGN thing. It's faster and no more teleporting moves <3

Xero
06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
God. Gonna have to fire up dor2 later today if i can find my gamecube controller.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Have you ever played DoR?

Word. I was like 99% sure I was skipping this year. I'm like 50-50 now.

Kalyx is on point here. It makes matches sooooo much more epic. I especially hope they keep the DoR feature where not only can you interrupt moves, you can use use things like overhead belly to belly suplexes to throw one dude into another and take them both out. First thing I'm doing when my brothers are in town this week is firing up DoR 2 and having a Fatal 4 way last man standing match.

Yeah, I have. I know how it works. I'm not denying it can cause for some epic matches. I'm just saying that A. I hope the AI is closer to DOR, as opposed to the last Smackdown game, because then it's going to be near impossible to do things other than strikes in a handicap match. (In DOR the computer wasn't at strike crazy as they are in the Smackdown games.) B. It's going to give people to already play cheaply a whole new avenue of cheapness. You know who I'm talking about. Like the guys who will do a triple threat match, but play it like a handicap match.

Anyway, I'm not saying it's a bad feature. It's a feature I LIKE in wrestling games. I'm just concerned that it won't mesh well with their engine/style. They need to fix the AI, the selling, and the distance of some moves. If not, I could see the move interrupting being really annoying/frustrating, and not in the good way..

Kalyx triaD
06-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Private matches. That seems to be the best route for every game ever, unless the developer has a heavy hand on their online suite - which I don't see from this team.

Private games, avoid assholes.

Tommy Gunn
06-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah the move-interrupting will either be really cool or completely ruin the game. That may be a little melodramatic, but yeah, as has been said, being in a 2 on 1 match it will be incredibly annoying having every move broken up and having to resort to spamming strikes and running attacks.

Kalyx triaD
06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
2 on 1 matches are supposed to be very hard, canon and realistically speaking.

Funky Fly
06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I remember taking on Vince and Shane McMahon handicap style in No Mercy's story mode. That was some difficult shit.

Tommy Gunn
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
2 on 1 matches are supposed to be very hard, canon and realistically speaking.

Kayfabe: The Game :y:

Ultra Mantis
06-01-2011, 05:59 PM
I hope they fix recovery times for this one. MITB from '11 is horrendous since nobody stays down.

Xero
06-01-2011, 06:06 PM
MITB in every game since it was included has always been fucking horrendous.

Ultra Mantis
06-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I've only played '11, but from what I gather every single Smackdown vs Raw game was pretty much the same.

Kalyx triaD
06-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't know about all that.

Xero
06-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, they haven't fixed that shit in like 5 games or something. Doubt it'll happen.

I don't like the time-based ladder system anyway. I always complain about this, and it never gets fixed. They need to incorporate a mini game that gets progressively easier in addition to the time limit in ladder matches. That way, you can either win right out of the gate with some luck, or just do it the current way. It'd fix the drawn-out ladder matches and make them enjoyable for me again.

Well, they were enjoyable in 11 because of the physics. But MITB and even ones with less participants can go an hour, which is ridiculous.

I'd say having to fiddle with the hook for a minute is unrealistic, but Jack Swagger shattered that perception.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
First gameplay vid before we get a better one next week while it's at E3

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiLQLLDqnbs"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Xero
06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Don't know about that camera. Seems too jittery. I get what they're going for with it, but it really doesn't have the real thing nailed down. Really hope it's fixed.

Looks okay. The taunt into the RKO was awesome. Otherwise, looks like the same game. Might even be even lower quality in terms of textures.

But I know it's an early build, so I won't base much off of that video.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-01-2011, 06:23 PM
That's what I thought, hopefully the E3 vids will look better.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Moves are loud this year.

The new angle slam and punt animations look great.

The graphics do look lower quality slightly... I wonder if it's the video, or the game. If it's the game, I wonder if we'll finally get 8 man matches.

PorkSoda
06-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Still looks meh to me. Kinda looks like the same Smackdown engine it has been.

Can't tell much from that video and I'm not going to judge right away....I'll wait longer and see more

D Mac
06-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Someone suggested bring back Create a PPV earlier? Well you can use story designer as one now.

D Mac
06-02-2011, 01:11 AM
I wonder if Booker T will be color on Smackdown or will they just have Cole and King again recycled.

Tommy Gunn
06-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Good point about the commentary, they've got shit in SVR 11 from years ago. Hopefully new game = much less recycling so King doesn't spent every Natalya match talking about bald heads.

The video looked interesting. I liked the fluidity of the angle slam, punk and RKO. The 'concussion' ear ringing sound effect after the punt was really effective, but I heard it again after the RKO, so it might get annoying from over-use.

The cameras cutting away during grapple moves might be a bit jarring, but as has been said this is early days and not representing the finished product yet.

The pace seemed pretty fast, I'm hoping it just looks that way because it was a clip show and the actual game will have a slower more realistic pace.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Needs more Josh. And I think I love the animation in the vid, just can't tell with the jerkiness.

Just think, see Orton running for that punt and meat him with a clothesline :heart:

Cool King
06-02-2011, 06:56 AM
The 'concussion' ear ringing sound effect after the punt was really effective, but I heard it again after the RKO, so it might get annoying from over-use.

Yeah, I just know that I'll get sick of hearing that straight away.

Mostly because I spent five months with Tinnitus in my left ear last year and it drove me absolutely crazy. All I heard for a constant five months was the exact same ringing you hear in the video.

Just thinking about hearing it again is making me not look forward to playing the game as much. Personally, I hope THQ take it out of the game. :-\

Tommy Gunn
06-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Just think, see Orton running for that punt and meet him with a clothesline :heart:

Dude I would mark out if I pulled that off. :y:

Drakul
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Just thinking about hearing it again is making me not look forward to playing the game as much. Personally, I hope THQ take it out of the game. :-\

You could probably turn it off.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-02-2011, 09:05 AM
The graphics do look lower quality slightly...

I believe that the vid is actually from the Wii version since the graphics look like the Wii versions from last year. I doubt they'd decrease the graphics two years in a row.

Damian Rey
06-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm still in the camp of not buyiing. For now atleast. Maybe it's a lot to ask for, but I want an entire new game. Not just a title change, or some fancy new, but meager updates. Someone brought up the Facebreaker photo scan method for CAWs. That'd be awesome.

I don't know. The game just looks the same as it always does to me. I put SVR 11 back in it's case after only a few months of playing it off and on. If this game isn't dramtically different, I can't see myself enjoying it.

Tommy Gunn
06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
I might trade-in SVR '11 while I can still get a decent amount for it, that way when WWE '12 comes out I'll be itching to play another wrestling game, should help with the anticipation.

dronepool
06-03-2011, 12:49 PM
That cover is boring

Dukelorange
06-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm not buying the game unless they go back to the old DoR system. I can't get into the Smackdown engine.

Also they need to bring back THQ Man!!!

Kalyx triaD
06-03-2011, 07:52 PM
None of those things are happening.

Cool King
06-03-2011, 07:53 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5234/akiman.jpg

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
in both WWF No Mercy and WCW/NWO Revenge I always made Aki Man, he was cool. I think I even made him a World Champion.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-08-2011, 04:45 PM
A new name after 12 years but does it feel like a new game ?
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/wwe12.jpg

Lets just face it, over the years the core WWE game franchise over the years has become somewhat stale or complacent. While the game has had constant improvements and new gameplay additions, this is in my opinion the biggest step since Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth to Here Comes The Pain. Why I use the comparison, is because like HCTP , gameplay is the number one focus. THQ has assured me that everyone at the company has put forth a ton of effort to make gameplay the number one priority of WWE ’12.

Lets talk controls. While the stick controls worked well enough, most peoples instinct is to hit the face buttons. In WWE ’12 THQ has gone back to the face buttons, which flows very well. Let me break it down…

LStick – Move
Dpad Up – Wake Up Taunt
RStick – Change Grapple Position
A/X – Grapple
B – Pin/Run
Y – Sigs/Finishers/Dramatic Comeback
X – Strike (weak/strong)
LB – Action
RB- Limb Modifier
RT – Counter
LT – Run / check adrenaline

When striking…Much like WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011, you have the option to do four different directional weak strikes and two different strong strikes. As far as grappling goes you get four groggy grapples that are your trademark moves that lead up to your signature and finishing moves.

The groggy grapples can be performed from pickups, brawler combos, certain weak grapples, and clotheslines into the corner. You get four weak strikes by hitting the a / x button + left stick. Overall the controls felt really good and as a huge AKI fan, this system made me quite happy. Also if you want to use the right stick to grapple, you can do so by reverting the control scheme in the options menu. Although I was unable to take a look at how the right stick operated as the options in the E3 demo were rather limited.

There is also a great addition this year called limb targeting. Limb targeting works by doing a standard grapple then holding the RB / R1 button along with one of the four different face buttons, for the 360 for example X is one arm, B is the other arm, Y is the head and A button is the legs. I expect this not to be changed for the games final release in November.

Also new this year is the “Breaking Point” submission system. How this works is you put on the submission by doing the ground grapple move or the finisher and a logo from the WWE Pay Per View Breaking Point will pop up. From there, it is a tug of war battle between you and your opponent, what happens basically is the more damage you do to your opponent the easier it will become easier to make your opponent tap out. So instead of using the right stick in years past to a tap out, you will just simply mash the buttons. It worked great in past games like Here Comes the Pain and it works great here!

The Tiger Woods style kick out meter returns and is better and more balanced than ever. This time if you’re in a pinfall situation, the section that you need to get the meter into changes every time, also if you hit a finisher the kickout meter won’t even show up until shortly after the one count, instead of as soon as the pinfall starts making it harder to kick out of your opponents finishers.

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/OrtonMove1-1024x576.jpg

Animation, this has been a sore spot for the series for quite some time. The main issue in past games was the warping of moves from pins, or warping to signatures like the five knuckle shuffle or the peoples elbow, to even simply ground grapples. Granted over the years it has gotten better, but this year it is completely gone. It makes the game feel less like its ancestors and more deserving of its new name WWE 12.

In the past certain moves would not flow or animate into each other properly, this has been remedied with a new animation blending technology in which it will take one animation and another animation and it will blend them so there will be no more awkwardness and robotic looking moves. Breaking up animations and moves have been something the fans have asked about for many years and this year several moves, signatures, and finishers can now be interrupted.

Little things such as this help push the game closer to being a more authentic replica of the WWE experience. Speaking of bringing you a true to WWE product, for title matches, the intro has been updated to reflect WWE’s boxing style introductions in which the champion and challenger are introduced by the ring announcer, Justin Roberts.

Attributes have been retooled this year as well, now totaling to 12. Here is the list…

Strike Power
Grapple Power
Submission
Strike Defense
Grapple Defense
Speed
Agility
Adrenaline
Recovery
Toughness
Charisma
Tag Team

So now you guys can start speculating what each attribute means for the superstars that you’re playing as. Speaking of abilities, the kip up ability has now been replaced with something called a dramatic comeback for when you reach a certain damage level. Once there you will have a prompt pop up as you’re on the ground asking you to hit the Y button which activates a flashing bar that is integrated into your momentum bar where you hit your dramatic comeback. This is done by running and press Y button. For example John Cena has his two running shoulder blocks and his spin out power bomb and you instantly earn a signature for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and then a finisher for the Attitude Adjustment. While all of this happens prompts pop up and its a war between who can time it the best, it works very much like the old tag team hot tag feature.

Which leads me to match progression, the most telling thing of all about WWE ’12 is how the match progresses from a WWE point of view. As you start the match both of you cannot tap each other out, neither one of you can make a comeback, both of you can walk without holding a body part , you run freely around the ring and you cannot do any signatures / finishers.

Now as you progress further into the match with moves like limb damage moves, groggy grapples you will see the Breaking Point meter moving down to one side or the other, one side of the coin will be able to mount a comeback , the superstars will hold body parts, it will make it harder to run around as your adrenaline will be drained, you will get to the point where you can do signatures and finishers to end the match. The point I am trying to make is that THQ has finally captured all of the trademarks and highlights of WWE style matches, all the while still being fun to play at the same time.

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/CenaHiptoss-1024x576.jpg
Here we’re going to talk about the superstars that will be playable at E3.

John Cena
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tba-wwe-12-20110530112116468_640w.jpg
Attire : Red persevere attire, darker jean shorts, red arm band, red wristbands, black hightops
Entrance : Same as you see on tv
Moveset : New Five Knuckle Shuffle of the top rope, new diving leg drop,
Dramatic comeback – Two shoulder blocks, spin out powerbomb

Alberto Del Rio
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tba-wwe-12-20110530112100391_640w.jpg
Attire : Gold attire with scarf, has the birds on side of trunks
Entrance: Comes out in a Bentley looking car on the ramp, Ricardo Rodriquez introduces him.
Moveset : Cross Arm Bar looks great as well does the running enziguri

Randy Orton (Note Randy Orton is the best overall in the demo)
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tba-wwe-12-20110530112140936_640w.jpg
Attire : Black tights with olive viper green outline
Entrance: Orton with the belt holds up just like on TV, regular has Orton does evolution taunt.
Moveset : Olympic Slam, signature clothesline, new jumping knee drop
Dramatic comeback – Two running clotheslines , snap power slam

The Miz
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/tba-wwe-12-20110530112108063_640w.jpg
Attire : Blue tights with Miz logo on the back
Entrance: New Miz entrance with Miz being cocky as ever.
Moveset : Nothing new.

Note: Nothing on the stars are final in the E3 build.

The movesets have seen a huge upgrade, not only are there two running strikes making a comeback…but also the movesets are more accurate than ever before. The moves feel personal and there is nothing there that shouldn’t be. A little over sixty new moves have been added to this years game, as well as there is some cool reanimated moves. Not to mention that not a single move has been removed from the 2011 game.

In past years moves have been removed because they were not the quality of newly animated moves and just did not fit with the tech of the game. I can assure you, removal of moves was not done to spite the fans, that request a billion moves. The AI has also been improved this year with more challenging difficulties, varied attacks and more aggressive AI.

The audio in the game while just on par past years, has not changed that much aside from the inclusion of lets go Cena Cena sucks chants and grunts of the in game superstars.

The camera angles have received a very noticeable upgrade, as there is never a time when the action is not caught just as it is on WWE TV. From John Cena hitting the top rope five knuckle shuffle to when the Mexican Aristocrat hits the dashing enziguri. Also for added drama, a special effect with a brown/tan tinge where time is slowed down. Of all the effects we’ve gone through this probably the best implication so far of Yukes games.

There is also a new rendering technology in place in this years game, as well as revamped lighting. The screenshots really do not do this game justice. The models between 2011 and WWE ’12 is very noticeable. The detail on the face , as well as any text or images on the superstars attires are more detailed than ever. The details on every superstar and arena look as authentic as ever and you’ll notice things like when you walk up the ramp the superstars will be illuminated and when you are in the ring you will see the ropes bouncing, as well as a shadow underneath the superstars.

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Del-Rio-Kick-2-1024x576.jpg

One downfalls of past Smackdown games is that it just didn’t feel very competitive. This has been remedied by improving how the reversal system is handled, while the game does still use the RT / R2 button to reverse, the windows of reversing have been heavily modified and the chain grapples do not exist the same way as they did in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

So at the end of the day, we have a new submission system, interruptible moves, grappling with buttons, new camera angles, more accurate movesets, and the reversals are fixed.

The list of how much work has been done on this game from both a presentation and a gameplay point of view is a list that is comparable to the transition from Shut Your Mouth to Here Comes The Pain. I’m going to be honest here this is not like going from Smackdown to Day of Reckoning, because the team at Yukes were able to retain the core that made the Smackdown series so successful. But at the same time took that gameplay and took all the bad things and they replaced them with gameplay that on the surface looks simple but have a ton of depth to it.

Some franchises get re branded and its just a name change, with WWE ’12 as a far as I can tell, just like Shawn Michaels is the WWE Hall of Fame , WWE 12 is what WWE Games are all about in 2011. From what I can tell this game will not suck.

credit - Brad Ward, Gamingring.com

Funky Fly
06-08-2011, 04:57 PM
It all sounds like good news, but we will see.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Brian Williams of THQ revealed that Danielsons "Cattle Mutalation" is in.

http://gamingring.com/news/2011/06/05/e3-2011-wwe-12-interview-bryan-williams/

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KHlhTmg2ag"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

What Would Kevin Do?
06-08-2011, 05:17 PM

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KHlhTmg2ag"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Hopefully it's actually in as a submission hold... I'm a bit confused by the "a little over 60 new moves." Really? That's all? 60? However, keeping all the moves from the previous game is a big plus. Sadly though, I'm hoping at least 10 of the new moves are submissions.

V
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
this probably doesn't belong here, but does anyone know if there's been the ability to import CAWs from last year's game into the current game?

Just wanna know if I'm going to be able to transfer my CAWs from '11 to 12, cuz I've actually been spending some time on them.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
this probably doesn't belong here, but does anyone know if there's been the ability to import CAWs from last year's game into the current game?

Just wanna know if I'm going to be able to transfer my CAWs from '11 to 12, cuz I've actually been spending some time on them.

Probably not, it hasn't in any other game.

Cool King
06-08-2011, 05:28 PM

Looks alright.

I noticed that the commentating hasn't really changed, though I think that's just because the game is still in it's early stages. The game also looks to have 57 Superstars this year as opposed to SvR11's 42 Superstars. I think the Divas will still be on a seperate select screen like last year, so who knows how many Divas the game will have this year.

Also, I noticed a "Broski Of The Week" sign. :cool:

Cool King
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Also, does anyone know if THQ are going to talk about WWE '12 at a press conference at E3?

WWE '12 is scheduled for 5:20pm tonight (Which is around 1:20am for me) but I'm not sure if that's going to be a press conference of some sort, or just a page on a website talking about the game. :-\

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't think there is a press conference at E3, last I heard it'll strickly be gameplay similar to that vid.

Tommy Gunn
06-08-2011, 06:33 PM
The gameplay in the vid looks too fast, somewhat arcade-like, even more than SVR 11, but yeah, gonna stay positive and wait until the autumn when the game is mostly finished.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
The gameplay in the vid looks too fast, somewhat arcade-like, even more than SVR 11, but yeah, gonna stay positive and wait until the autumn when the game is mostly finished.

You're right, it does look much better than previous games.

Cool King
06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I've just been thinking.

With it looking like WWE '12 will have 57 Superstars, I think maybe the entire WWE Roster (Pre-WrestleMania) will be included in the game.

There is exactly 57 active male superstars on the current roster at the moment, but it's obvious not all of them will make the game. Either they've not long debuted (e.g. Jinder Mahal) or have been out of action for a long time (e.g. Skip Sheffield).

I've heard many times that WrestleMania is the deadline to make it into the games, so taking out the guys who fall into those groups:

Husky Harris (Been out of action for six months)
Jinder Mahal (Recently debuted)
Johnny Curtis (Recently debut)
Mason Ryan (Debuted two months before WrestleMania so he's sort of a question mark)
Michael Tarver (Been out of action for eight months)
Skip Sheffield (Been out of action ten months)
Sin Cara (Debuted just after WrestleMania, which also makes him sort of a question mark)

So you'd have 50 Superstars but also, 7 places still remaining. So maybe we'll see The Legends back this year or maybe we'll have random characters like we've had before. (Druid, Zombies and so on)

Cool King
06-08-2011, 08:52 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9eZx39TnR0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eklipse
06-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Stop making them for the ps2 and focus on consoles that haven't been dead for 3 years.

Damian Rey
06-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Naomi Kyle is pretty

Damian Rey
06-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Gameplay looks fluid. So they weren't lying. Love the taunt before the finisher. They got Orton's body language down for the clotheslines and powerslam. Hopefully this is a great game.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-09-2011, 02:23 AM
Stop making them for the ps2 and focus on consoles that haven't been dead for 3 years.

It's only for Xbox360, Ps3 and the Wii.

Extreme Angle
06-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Probably not, it hasn't in any other game.

Legends of Wrestlemania to SVR 2010

#BROKEN Hasney
06-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Legends of Wrestlemania to SVR 2010

Core games.

ANYWHOO, this doesn't talk much about the game, but it's too awesome to not post.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D6MTL5oC2V0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAMN iNATOR
06-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, they haven't fixed that shit in like 5 games or something. Doubt it'll happen.

I don't like the time-based ladder system anyway. I always complain about this, and it never gets fixed. They need to incorporate a mini game that gets progressively easier in addition to the time limit in ladder matches. That way, you can either win right out of the gate with some luck, or just do it the current way. It'd fix the drawn-out ladder matches and make them enjoyable for me again.

Well, they were enjoyable in 11 because of the physics. But MITB and even ones with less participants can go an hour, which is ridiculous.

I'd say having to fiddle with the hook for a minute is unrealistic, but Jack Swagger shattered that perception.

Yeah, the time thing is pretty ridiculous, especially in MITB...I've had some that went almost 2 hours, and by that point I didn't even care about winning anymore, I was just like "When the fuck does it stop?", especially since all the AI seems to care about in MITB matches is beating the holy hell out of everybody until all 6 participants can't even fucking move or doing some ridiculous move off the ladders or attacking everyone in sight with them.

I eventually came to realize that one easy way to win a MITB match is by grabbing a ladder at the start of the match, take it with you over to the announcer's table, wait for someone to come after you, and then walk/run up the ramp with it and set it at the top of the ramp near the edge of the stage (usually gets 4 or 5 AI opponents to run towards it at first, then usually the other 1 or 2 follow suit), go back to ringside, grab the other ladder, take it into the ring, and work on loosening the briefcase.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-09-2011, 09:36 PM
One thing I loved in that IGN video was the end of the second match they had in the background. It looked like Miz was winning, Orton got his comeback combo, hit his sig, went for the RKO, which was reversed, and then he got up and Miz nailed the skull crushing finale. It all just flowed really well.

XCaliber
06-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Have to agree with Miz there's now way Orton should be no-selling an SCF.

Cool King
06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
THQ are doing a live stream of the game if anyone is interested.

If you didn't make it to E3, fear not, we're bringing you our WWE '12 E3 Gameplay Demo LIVE with the dev team, prizes, and an inside look at WWE '12. We'll also take your questions live. Don't miss out on our kick-ass live stream beginning at 5PM PST / 8PM EST on our official Justin.tv channel this Tuesday, June 14:

http://www.justin.tv/wwegames

RSVP now to show us your WWE Games loyalty!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=192543480796521

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Cool.

Emperor Smeat
06-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Haven't paid too much attention to the stuff for the game but it would be great if they incorporated the custom feud videos from WWE All-Stars into the Road to Wrestlemania or career mode if they keep the wrestler specific paths from previous games for WWE 12.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-15-2011, 01:38 PM
From Cory Ledesma's twitter

Confirmed: Planning of having a version of Randy Orton in the game w/ beard. We made it happen. Way past cut-off but had to have it.

No selling animation on the ground is a bug. Should be fixed in the final version.

jaycool2k
06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
A recording of the live demo...

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=WWE \'12 EARLY First Look (E3 Gameplay Demo)&channel=wwegames&archive_id=288080731" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/wwegames#r=-rid-&amp;s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from wwegames on Justin.tv</a>

LuigiD
06-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Wonder what legends we will get this year. LOD would be sweet...we can also hope for Macho Man.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Wonder what legends we will get this year. LOD would be sweet...we can also hope for Macho Man.

I could see Savage. HBK will probably be in as a legend, Rock and Austin are pretty much a shoe in too.

Savage, Honky Tonk Man, Mr. Perfect, and Ultimate Warrior are all possibilities too (They were in All Stars, so it's not that much of a stretch.)(

Xero
06-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Just watched a little of that video. I like the default camera angle, but not the cuts. Will probably turn off camera angles if I can if I do get this.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-15-2011, 05:53 PM
I guess that video confirms blood, since he talks about how it works with the new engine.

whiteyford
06-16-2011, 01:05 AM

Probably Nash to take advantage of his legends deal.

Xero
06-16-2011, 10:12 AM
So at the very least, we'll be getting Kevin Nash Mode.

The Jayman
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
all of his grapple moves are the Jacknife

Beth Phoenix Fan
06-16-2011, 05:30 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nOouTMygY2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ermaximus
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
So at the very least, we'll be getting Kevin Nash Mode.

Where every match ends with you tearing a quad and being out for 8 months?

XCaliber
06-17-2011, 12:15 AM
It may sound like I'm nitpicking but I'm not that keen on the new menu design.

James Steele
06-17-2011, 12:31 AM
What console is that on? Those look like high-end PS2 graphics.

Kalyx triaD
06-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Graphics are fine.

James Steele
06-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Those look downgraded from last year, but it might just be YouTube quality making it look that way.

Kalyx triaD
06-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Maybe.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-17-2011, 07:57 AM
I think it is just because it's youtube, THQ said that when we get our copies it'll look better and that the videos aren't doing them justice.

Xero
06-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I think it is just because it's youtube, THQ said that when we get our copies it'll look better and that the videos aren't doing them justice.

Honestly, them saying this is a bad sign that they ARE as bad as they look.

Not that I don't like the graphics or think they're bad, just that, if there are overhauls that we don't know about they could legitimately be brought down from last year.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I agree with that, I don't know how adding more polygons to models actually downgrades it's appearence.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm assuming that they either A. Tried to make the models look less like cartoons and more realistic, or B. they updated the amount of people you can have on screen.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
C. Updated the physics engine and implemented dynamic animations rather than scripted ones.

HINT: It's C

What Would Kevin Do?
06-17-2011, 12:57 PM
C. Updated the physics engine and implemented dynamic animations rather than scripted ones.

HINT: It's C

I find it hard to believe that either one of those would result in such a drastic drop in graphics though. Unless it really is the videos, but still. It looks bland.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I find it hard to believe that either one of those would result in such a drastic drop in graphics though. Unless it really is the videos, but still. It looks bland.

Honestly, it is. It's why PhysX is kind of a big deal in the PC world, a separate processor just to work on the physics. Before those days, I've got Burnout Paradise. Got a pretty high end PC these days and can run it maxed out apart from one setting which is accurate physics. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. 2011 took a hit graphically because of the physics.

Prior to 2011, the processor only had to work on the animation of the wrestlers, objects that were nearby were pushed out of the way. In 2011 the processor has to do a constant check of where every object is that's active as well as the polygons of the wrestlers. If that polygon interacts with another, it needs to know how it can and cannot bend in the realms of physical possibility. That is an intensive process.

Now, from the accounts the team has given so far, on top of that calculation, the interruptible moves will also be physics based, so it won't be like DoR2 where the guy taking the original move is just dropped and the guy doing the move takes the new move, it will be that everyone will take the hit depending on where the new move hits and the 3rd guy will drop realistically. If it lives up to the promises, this engine will be a beast.

DAMN iNATOR
06-18-2011, 12:03 PM
What console is that on? Those look like high-end PS2 graphics.

360. The "press A to Select" prompt at the bottom of the character select screen is a dead giveaway.

1004 Holds
06-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I just hope they fix the stupid chain grapples. And hopefully them making the game cheese proof will help online play.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
posted by Marcus Stephenson on the community forums.

Hey everyone,

We just heard that there's a possiblity to add "exit themes" to WWE '12 this year. For those of you who don't know, "exit themes" are the songs played at the end of a match that starts at a certain point in their entrance theme (note: not the beginning). Here's where you come in, though. We know that the exit theme starts at a certain point of their theme (note: not the beginning), but we're not exactly sure. Can you guys do the following for us:

Superstar / Diva name -

Link to YouTube video of their exit theme or detailed written description of where in the song the exit theme begins

PLEASE keep this forum thread clean, so BEFORE you post, make sure that the Superstar/Diva that you've named already doesn't exist in the thread. This is a great community opportunity for us to effect change in the game. Let us show our dev team that we can do it!

I think they should be able to this without our assistance as they did it in SYM where certain superstars(Jericho/Triple H for ex.) had two versions in the game, but at least we can do it for our own CAWS should they include it.

Emperor Smeat
06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
It could be a trap by the WWE to find a lot more videos to shut down on Youtube without them having to do the work since if the studio wanted exit themes all they would have to do is ask the WWE for them because they already have them.

The community backlash could be huge and the WWE would only be able to pull that trick off once though so it probably won't be worth trying to do that.

Xero
06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, what the fuck? There's no need to go to the community for this. Not only does WWE obviously have them, they could do a little bit of research and just watch matches in which wrestler X wins. That's MAYBE two hours work for the majority of the roster.

Kalyx triaD
06-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Or maybe this is an olive branch to make the community feel involved. Yeah let's go the one that isn't a fucking conspiracy.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Or maybe this is an olive branch to make the community feel involved. Yeah let's go the one that isn't a fucking conspiracy.

This.

For what it's worth, the guys who make the game really put themselves out there for the community, answer questions, read feedback, etc. Of course, this also means they end up catching more shit for it when the game comes out and people throw a fit. It's always "You didn't put this in, you said this would be in, etc etc, etc."

I'm guessing this is something they can do to easily get the community involved, implement it, and make them feel like they matter.

Anyway, there's not that many themes that do that these days, are there?

Kane Knight
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
:rofl::y:

PorkSoda
06-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm saddened to say that I will most likely not get this game. I'll only get it for two reasons....

1. It has a season mode like HCTP or something like that. Where I can create an all CAW season and have it keep track of EVERY SINGLE STATISTIC ever.

2. It's hard as fuck.

And it would be cool if we could get a season mode, or a one player mode, like No Mercy. Have us play each road multiple times to actually complete it. DYNAMIC! GUYS! DYNAMIC

The gameplay and everything looks like the same as the past 6 years.

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm telling you a wrestling game will never have challenging AI that isn't a dick, trust me.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-24-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm telling you a wrestling game will never have challenging AI that isn't a dick, trust me.

The closest is definitely Fire Pro R, since they can be programmed. You can adjust how they do moves in a variety of circumstances, and even a couple of "combos", ala, always do a pin after this move, or a certain submission, etc. The problem is, once you get the timing down, it's still not a challenge.

KoC 2 is pretty good though too. A timing based system, with both manual and some automatic reversals.

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm just saying, it's either braindead or impossible.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-24-2011, 02:40 AM
I think if you took the Fire Pro/KoC model and it took data from online games of the best players on the hardest difficulty as to how quickly they press a button (eg they hit the perfect timing to the millisecond on 75% of their low power moves), then it could use those probabilities in the AI.

Just reminded myself though. Now I can play import PS2 games on my PS2 or on the PCSX2 emulator, I can play KoC2. YAYYYYYY.

Tommy Gunn
06-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Being able to beat AI with a finisher on any difficulty setting is kind of whack, but more realistic at the same time. I liked it in SVR 08 when you had to get someone's health into the red first, but sometimes that meant 2-3 finishers which is something that should be saved for PPV matches...

Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to program all the variables in this shit.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-24-2011, 08:53 AM
WWE/World Heavyweight Championship sizes increased.

http://twitpic.com/show/large/5eh5pg

Q&A
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-npbwCNrD4"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Remember the AI simply can't compute the concept of a 'good match', nor can that ever truly be simulated. Two guys trying their hardest to win will not look like a good match, it's a still a game, with actions that will be exploited (like close range run attacks/grapples, top rope moves being easy to counter, etc). They're going the right direction by trying to add television-style momentum into the gameplay, such as quicker sells at the top of a match for pace that leads into heavier moves and bigger spots naturally. This is still something the cpu will not give a shit about. You can program it to be 'human' (mistakes, emulating actual wrestler tendencies, going for big moves when it doesn't need to), but then you'll just take advantage at its illogical actions. It's a fine line that'll never be set right, because this is a simulation of a scripted sport. The AI will never be where we want it to be.

But really, they've stuck so many distractions into the series over the years. And it kinda blows my mind that you guys don't approach this series as a multiplayer/party game. 97% of my interest in the series lied in what I could do with one or more other players. I don't think I ever worried about whether the AI would be challenging or not. But different people probably saw the game different ways.

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2011, 09:12 AM
HOLY FUCK the new submission system is the one I riffed about here years ago! I'm usually cynical about times like this but I'm oddly happy about it.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-24-2011, 09:45 AM
I never really liked the Struggle Submission system since it was implented in SvR 07. I felt it was fine the way it was HCTP.

Tommy Gunn
06-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Ok, watching that video, I'm happy with the new struggle system to the ropes, and the updated Universe mode. All sounding good.

What kind of pisses me off, is they are talking about stuff they want to put in the game, but they are leaving it till next year. FUCKING FINISH THE GAME before releasing it then! If they didn't have a deadline for a new main title every November we might get something really special. I can't really blame the developers though, it's probably WWE wanting new product out as soon as possible for the muh-neh!

Xero
06-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Got to spread those improvements out, otherwise you do it all in one year and the next year suffers from lack of any real improvement.

As long as these games sell, it'll never happen (so it won't), but I believe that releasing a base game and releasing new arenas, wrestlers, etc as DLC on a two or three year cycle would better the games overall.

Fignuts
06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Remember the AI simply can't compute the concept of a 'good match', nor can that ever truly be simulated.

Ummm yes it can. The entire point of both the firepro and KOC series is not to win, but to have good matches. In KOC and the gameboy firepros, you even get a rating for every match. And they even have over a dozen different styles of wrestling to choose from, to effect how the audience will enjoy the match.

An extremely large portion, if not most fans of these series don't even play these games. They sim all their matches, because with the right tweaks to wrestler logic, they can watch epic matches.

That extensive individual wrestler logic is what makes it possible.

BUT

That doesn't change the fact that kalyx is right about the nature of these games. For all it's realistic presentation, these games are arcade brawlers, and not pro wrestling sims. You will never have as good of a time trying to sim good matches in these games, as you will just trying to beat your buddies in a crazy 4 way ladder match.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Another tease from Marcus Stephenson

IF (and I mean IF) @AlexRileyWWE were in @WWE '12, I wonder if we could get his sick new entrance video:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U5ucvQ6p4eA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-29-2011, 12:22 PM
@RealCoryLedesma

We have some very cool classic WWE Championships in the game this year, which ones are you favorite? I want to know! I cant confirm them yet

I like this, but I could just be older belts like Hardcore,European/Light-Heavyweight and the Undisputed Titles.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
@RealCoryLedesma

Crazy amount of unlockables this year too! Just counted how many we currently have (which could still change) and its over 70! #WWE12 ROCKS!
12 hours ago via web

@RealCoryLedesma

Unlockable Superstars, Divas, Legends, alt attires, arenas, championships...you name it. Killer stuff. Not including all the DLC! WWWYKI
12 hours ago via web

@RealCoryLedesma

In-game unlockable checklist is in the options.
12 hours ago via web

DAMN iNATOR
06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Would love to find out that the new create mode is them bringing back Create-A-Championship or an expanded Superstar threads thing where you could literally change everything about anybody included in the game, head-to-toe, a la No Mercy on N64.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-30-2011, 12:06 PM
That was one of my favourite parts of No Mercy CAW mode, only downside to it was that we can't edit movesets though it isn't really a bother since it was pretty much up-to-date at the time.

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-08-2011, 09:27 AM
THQ FAQ

Posted on Wed, 07/06/2011 - 5:05pm.
Hey WWE Games Universe,

Welcome to our WWE '12 FAQ Project. There are a few things you should take note of here:

- The questions will be answered based on development time, and PR timelines

- Each day, questions will be answered, so stay tuned to this thread

- Questions can be asked through @stephensonmc on Twitter for entry into this FAQ project

- These are questions from YOU. Don't read into the questions as "revealing" anything to WWE '12. It was purely a copy and paste job.

- Be patient! We have a long way to go, but here's proof that your questions are being tracked and answered!

--------------------------

Q: When does the game release?

A: Novermeber 22nd

Q: What platforms will the game be on?

A: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii

Q: Will WWE '12 have "Exit Themes?"

A: Yes, WWE '12 will have exit themes for all Superstars/Divas who have them.

Q: Are the championships their realistic size this year?

A: Yes, all championships are scaled to their actual size in WWE '12

Q: Will WWE '12 have curvetrons, sidetrons, and minitrons for all entrances in WWE '12?

A: We're doing our best to ensure that we have all proper "trons" in WWE '12!

Q: Will we be able to struggle towards the ropes while we're locked in a submission?

A: Yes! The new Breaking Point submission moves allow you to crawl towards the ropes in order to get a rope break call from the referee. You can crawl towards the ropes using the Left Analog Stick while in the middle of the submission. If you get into close proximity of the ropes, the referee will stop the hold and call for the rope break. You will be able to crawl towards the rope at the same time you are mashing buttons to break the hold manually. The defender does not have the ability to pull you away from the ropes while you are crawling. Also, it's important to note that only Breaking Point submission moves that qualify for crawling will utilize the crawl functionality. Other Breaking Point Submission moves will simply be focused only on using the new Breaking Point mash meter.

Q: Can you use the Steel Cage door as a weapon this year?

A: This is a cool idea and one that we will entertain for the future of the Steel Cage match. We've spent a lot of time tuning the Steel Cage match when it comes to the competitiveness of the match such as balancing how long you stay down on the mat after attacks and how long it takes to climb the cage. We feel that this year's Steel Cage match is a lot more competitive and fun because of these tweaks to the system we've made. As for new weapons, we'll have to look into that for the future. Thanks for the feedback!

Q: Will there be Triple Threat Tag matches in WWE '12? (2 vs 2 vs 2)

A: Unfortunately we do not have Triple Threat Tag matches this year. We've seen this feedback from a number of fans and we will continue to put this on our giant wishlist of new match types and features in the future. Thank you for bringing it up and letting us know how important it is to have this match type. We continue to analyze what match types our consumers are playing. Sometimes we may choose to eliminate certain match types because no one is playing them and the time spent to create it could be spent improving a different match type. We also continue to poll the community to find out which new match types you would like to see added next. We rely on you guys a great deal for this information and we can't thank you enough for your dedication to the franchise and feedback you give us.

Q: Will there be Environmental Finishers this year? (i.e. Spear thru the ropes, AA in the Crowd, etc)

A: I would love to introduce some of these examples of environmental finishers in the future. We have a long list of new gameplay additions we want to add to the game each year and this is definitely one that is already on our list. We currently don't support environment finishers in WWE '12. The majority of our animation budget went to improving core gameplay, adding new moves, and supporting new Superstars on the roster. We think that budget was spent in the right places this year and we know you'll feel the same way once you check out the game. But just know that we would love to explore adding some of these cool moments to future games. Thanks for the feedback.

Q: Will Tag team Double team moves be able to be interrupted like normal moves in WWE '12?

A: Yes! In WWE '12 an outside Superstar or Diva will be able to interrupt single moves (2 person moves) and double-team moves (3 person moves).

Q: Did you guys add any Shining Wizards back into the game this year?

A: When it comes to the addition of new moves our priority, first and foremost, is to capture/update the moves that are performed by the current WWE Superstars. If we have time and/or budget left to pick up other moves, moves performed by non-WWE professional wrestlers, we do so. Unfortunately, we were unable to capture any new Shining Wizards in WWE '12. We are aware of the Shining Wizards popularity so we'll do our best to bring this move back.

Q: Can the RKO be hit from any position, countering a diving moves, etc a la WWE All Stars?

A: This is a very cool, entertaining, and exciting part of WWE All-Stars. So much so, that the team is investigating the possibility of having this functionality in the future. So, unfortunately this is not possible in WWE '12, but we are excited about the possibility of adding this type of functionality in future WWE games.

Q: If you get the Gameplay as you want it this year, will it remain unchanged with added features next year?

A: This is a difficult question to answer. We are always looking to make substantial improvements to gameplay. Now that we have new technology in the game, we have a lot more opportunities to push the limits of what we can do in gameplay. The team has a long list of improvements we want to make ranging from animation quality improvements, to new gameplay functionality, and implementating new gameplay strategies. So the short answer to this question is 'no'. We are always going to look to build upon what was fun and what work while also looking to add new gameplay features that make the WWE experience as authentic and, most importantly, fun as possible.

Q: Can two people who play on one console play online together?

Q: Can Divas still participate in HiAC and Steel Cage match types?

A: Yes! Divas can still participate in Hell in a Cell and Steel Cage match types this year.

Q: Does the WWE Shop return?

A: Yes! The WWE Shop will be making it's return in WWE '12. We will release more information about this functionality later on this year when we discuss our Online and DLC features.

Q: Is there a way to turn off Slow-Mo finishers without dropping TV Style cameras?

A: We've drastically changed the finisher treatments since you've last seen them. They are far less intrusive. We removed all the filters and slow downs from finishers and signature moves. We've instead added very subtle treatments such as a large increase in camera flashes from the crowd and very minor effects. I believe your concerns regarding finisher treatments will be a non-issue once you've seen the new footage. We wanted to do this anyways to better match what you see on WWE television. But anyways, yes we've added an option to turn off the Special Effects and the Camera Cuts separately.

Q: Will there be referees during entrances?

A: No. We do not include the referee so we can speed up load times and also to make sure his model does not intefere with the 100+ different entrance animations we have. We allocate a special space for the ring announcer to stay out of the way of the Superstars during the entrance, but it's difficult to find another safe place for the referee. We haven't placed a high enough priority on this particular item to warrant changes in how we approach creating the entrance scenes. We would also have memory limitations for 6 player matches if we showed 6 Superstars, the ring announcer, the commentators and then the referee.

Q: Can we select with “Comeback” in Dynamic Comebacks for CAWs this year?

A: Yes! The Comeback Moment is an ability that can be assigned to any Superstar, Created Superstar or Diva. Once the ability has been assigned, you will have the ability to go into Create-A-Moveset and select your Comeback Moment combo.

Q: How is the hit detection this year?

A:The hit detection is much improved this year. We've spent a good amount of time fine tuning individual moves that were having hit detection issues in the past. We've also adjusted the rate at which the striking Superstars rotates towards the opposing Superstars when they are not facing each other exactly. This gives you better range and cuts down on the amount of missed strike attacks. Lastly, we've also adjusted the diving attack hit detection quite a bit as well. We have some new technology in the game for diving attacks so that the attacks look a bit more natural and sync up better when the two Superstars collide. While hit detection is always a work in progress and almost impossible to get perfect, we believe this year will see some substantial improvements.

Q: Can you confirm that Divas can perform “Gut kicks” this year?

A: Yes, I can confirm that the Divas perform gut kicks. I tried this myself the other day just to make sure and I was able to successfully execute gut kicks by using diagonal directions on the Left Analog Stick and the strike buttons to pull these off.

Q: Will there be Weight Detection in WWE '12? If not, any future plans to do so?

A: This is always a hot topic and frequently asked question. What we currently have in WWE '12 is a weight detection system that will play different animation variations depending on the size of the offensive and defensive Superstar. For example, if a small Superstar is trying to lift a large Superstar, the animation that will play out for the move will be one where the small Superstar has a much slower lift animation and a faster drop animation to simulate the gravity of the larger Superstar and the effort it takes to lift him. And on the opposite spectrum, when a large Superstar lifts a small Superstar, the lift animation will play very fast and the drop animation will either be a fast or medium speed animation to simulate the ease of picking that Superstar up. These animation variations play by automatically detecting the size of the Superstars involved in the move and playing the appropriate animation. It's important to note that these animation variations will only be found for lifting motions and not every type of animation seen in the game. This addition of variations in animations helps create a more life-like and realistic look to the game. The question we get often is whether or not we limit or put some sort of restriction on certain moves being performed from a small Superstar onto a large Superstar. And the answer to that is we don't have this restriction in WWE '12. We are trying to find a balance between realism and total freedom. Obviously it's not realistic if a small Superstar can lift up a large Superstar, but we also don't want to completely strip lifting moves out of a smaller Superstar's moveset or completely cripple the funfactor of the game by playing failed lift animations all match. We have and will continue to explore other weight detection gameplay systems such as Day of Reckoning's system in the future. This is a topic that we continue to explore and investigate what we believe will be the most fun approach to gameplay. We want to avoid adding too many mini-games and button mashing into combat, so we will continue to look for more elegant approaches that make the game feel realistic but at the same time not stripping away functionality and freedom.

Q: Will stats determine Grapple lunge speed again this year?

A: Attribute levels do not determine Grapple Reach speed in WWE '12. Instead this speed is determined by the weight class of the Superstars. Each weight class has a corresponding Grapple Reach speed. As an example, Cruiserweights will have a faster reach speed than Heavyweights.

Q: Will there be a 40 man Royal Rumble option?

Q: Have you improved the A.I. Of Managers?

A: Yes, work is currently being done to improve manager and interferer AI. In addition making tuning adjustments, we are working hard to fix a lot of the more bothersome AI related bugs that were included in the previous game.

Q: Did you add the ability to fight backstage, on the stage, interact with it, in Falls Count Anywhere Matches?

A: Unfortunately free roaming arenas will not make its return in WWE '12. We've heard the numerous requests for this to make a comeback. We are continuing to explore the best design for this feature. We are very eager to introduce it again sometime in the very near future.

Q: Has the ladder sound glitch from last year been fixed? (the loud repeated ladder clash sounds)

A: Yes, our audio engineer identified the issue and has fixed this bug.

Q: Can you defend titles outside of Universe Mode 2.0 this year?
Q: How many RTWM will there be this year?

Q: Will Tables matches update with the right rules (if I counter a move through a table, my opp. Loses)

A: The Table match rules in WWE '12 conform to those used in the actual WWE. The match is won by using an offensive maneuver to put your opponent through a table.

Q: Have turnbuckle grapples been addressed in Cage matches?
Q: Any chance for an Online Multiplayer Universe mode?

Q: Have Tag team moves added selling or been revamped this year?

A: Tag team moves can now broken up/interrupted by a third party opponent. As far as selling is concerned, yes, the defender on the receiving end of a double team move should sell the effects of it.

Q: Will the Wrestlemania 27 Arena look, feel and sound like the Georgia Dome?

Q: Will WWE'12 Have different pin break-up animations besides just the one last year?

A: New break-up animations have not been implemented. This is one of those situations where we have to weigh the cost (work) against its impact on the game. We could most definitely include new pin break-up animations but doing so could potentially cost us the implementation of a new move. We therefore need to make a decision about what's will offer the most bang for your buck: the addition of new moves or the implementation of new break-up animations? In this particular situation, we felt that the inclusion of new moves would be more appreciated by the fans.

Q: Will the RAW Roulette Wheel somehow be involved in the game this year?(Possibly Universe or RTWM?)

Q: Are Replays still in WWE '12?

A: Yes, replays are still in for WWE '12. Not only can you pause the match at anytime to replay your last high spot, but the game also creates a montage of the top match moments via replay after the match is over. You can then choose to save any and all of these moments to later create a WWE Highlight Reel or use that footage for your own WWE Entrance Video.

Q: Will there be a Special Guest referee option in WWE '12?

Q: Will WWE '12 have the SmackDown custom nameplates?

A: Unfortunately WWE '12 will not have the custom Superstar nameplates for SmackDown. We didn't have enough time to include these in the game this year. However, we will throw it on the list of presentation improvements for next year.

Q: Will we have the option to mute music playing during the menus as previous to '11?

A: Yes, music can always be muted in the Options Menu.

Q: Will referees, fans and announcers have new models this year similar to the superstars?

A: We have indeed created a new referee model and some new textures for the crowd models. You should be able to see a nice improvement to the way the crowd looks this year in WWE '12. We've also updated the referee model and made him shorter so that he wasn't as tall as the Superstars. As far as the announcers go, we continue to make sure they look accurate to what you see on WWE television. We were able to introduce Alberto Del Rio's ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez this year and as far as the other announcers go, we only signficantly update them if it's warranted by a major change to their look. Otherwise that modeling time is taken away from working on other cool models such as entrance attires and unlockable costumes. I think our fans would prefer us investing that modeling time into more exciting attires and models.

Q: Is the blood option still in the game?

A: Yes, blood is still in WWE '12. It currently is an option you can turn On and Off. We also still support the First Blood option in Match Creator so you can create your own First Blood Match variations in the game. Although blood is not common on WWE television, we still push to make sure this can be an auxiliary option for gamers to enjoy if they wish to do so.

Q: Can you make the Championship belts one default size, so they're the same regardless of champ?

A: Yes, championship titles will be one default size so they are the same regardless of who holds it.

Q: Will there be a Commentary team for Smackdown this year? Cole, Mathews, Booker T?

A: The commentary team for WWE '12 is Michael Cole and Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Q: Will there be new cutscenes in Universe Mode 2.0?

A: Yes! We've added new cut-scenes into Universe Mode 2.0 for better story-telling and more content. We will be detailing more information about the new additions and enhancements in Universe Mode 2.0 closer to WWE '12 launch.

Q: Will there be new arenas in WWE '12?

A: Yes, there will be new arenas in WWE '12. Not only we will obviously update many of the arenas to match the WWE's PPV schedule, but we are also introducing some new, never before seen arenas that will be unlockable in Road To WrestleMania.

Q: Will The Wii have Superstar threads in WWE '12?

A: Unfortunately the Superstar Threads feature is not on the Wii version of WWE '12. We will continue to look for ways to overcome technical hurdles and challenges to deliver the popular game features fans want on all consoles.

Q: Have Tag entrances for Created Superstars been fixed this year?

Q: Can you add a feature been added to alphabetize our CAWs?

A: This is a good idea. We will investigate doing this for next year's product.

Q: Will there be more than 50 CAW slots this year? Why is there even a limit?
Q: Did you take out Championship entrances? Not being able to use your Created Entrance after a belt stunk

Q: Is the Skin Color Hue wheel back for CAWs or do we still have preset colors only?

A: Unfortunately the Skin Color Hue wheel is not back for Create-A-Superstar. We will address this feedback next year. We apologize for not being able to address this feedback for WWE '12.

Q: Will WWE '12 Have a Create an Arena feature added?
Q: For CAS, why not do a system like 2K Sports where it detects the name you type for speech?
Q: Is there any chance for a Create a Submission Finisher in WWE '12?

Q: Did you add new animations for Create an Entrance in WWE '12?

A: Yes, new animations will be included in Create An Entrance.

Q: In SVR'06, you could change the WWE Title design after winning it. Is that coming back?

Q: Do we still have Gender restrictions in WWE '12?

A: Yes, WWE '12 still uses gender restrictions to match what you seen on WWE television. This is a requirement for us to have in the game. Although we see several requests to lift this restriction from the game, this is not in our control. We apologize that we are unable to address this feedback.

Q: Can we get Face Scan for our CAS (PS3 Eye Camera)?

A: Face Scan technology will not be in WWE '12, however, we continue to entertain this idea each year. Currently it is a rather costly feature and we haven't been able to get the quality level of the face scan that we think our fans will find suitable. We've conducted a number of tests in the past and we haven't been happy with the results just yet. Before investing signifcant resources into this technology and feature, we want to make sure that the quality level is worth the investment. We also don't believe a large number of consumers own cameras for their consoles, so supporting this costly feature would be an investment towards a much smaller audience. We understand that there are other faces to do face scaning by simply importing images, but it's additional cost for a feature that hasn't had a huge demand yet. But the bottomline is we think this will be a cool addition one year, we're just not sure which year it will be introduced because of what challenges we currently face.

Q: Will Create a Championship mode be in WWE '12?
Q: Will we be able to use DLC pieces for Created Storylines that we can upload in WWE '12?
Q: Will the Attribute system be free allocation this year minus the attribute cap or something else?

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Was Match Creator confirmed before?

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-08-2011, 10:17 AM
It's in SvR '11 at the match display screen, in the Match Rules section I believe.