PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL*** Tazz Dan Endorsed TPWW WrestleMania 31 thread - RISE!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 01:45 AM
The fact that Triple H and Sting shook hands only for Triple H to talk shit about him later on as if they didn't makes it seem like a "this moment is more important than the storyline" thing. Which makes it seem like that was likely Sting's only match in WWE.

Jordan
03-30-2015, 01:50 AM
I reeeeeealllly hope we get The Rock and Rhonda vs Triple H and Stephanie in Dallas.

Jura
03-30-2015, 01:51 AM
http://embed.gyazo.com/9307cd97f6196a1d6f15a613715deed8.gif

Emperor Smeat
03-30-2015, 01:55 AM
Looking back now, Bryan and Cena winning the US and IC Title doesn't make as much sense. Having them around as champions while the World Title wasn't there meant you could have major title matches on PPV still. Now there's just a weird situation where the IC and US champion are WAY more over than the World Champion.

Either they had a last minute change about Lesnar retaining or the idea of elevating IC/US belts is more of a future plan in case Lesnar (or some other part timer) gets the WWE title back in the near future.

Have confidence they will be able to rebuild the IC status with Bryan but would be shocked if they haven't dropped the plans with Cena by SummerSlam. Its going to take a long time to rebuild both belts prestige and Cena's been their #1 fallback plan whenever they change plans or panic about the main event scene.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 02:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Being the champ isn't half bad....headed to NYC on a private jet to make my first post-Mania appearance on the <a href="https://twitter.com/TODAYshow">@TODAYshow</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WrestleMania?src=hash">#WrestleMania</a></p>&mdash; Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/582419615046729729">March 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dark One
03-30-2015, 02:05 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I AM MAYOR OF THE SUPLEX CITY <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Wrestlemania31?src=hash">#Wrestlemania31</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/suplexcity?src=hash">#suplexcity</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WM31?src=hash">#WM31</a></p>&mdash; The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) <a href="https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/582374554057752576">March 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 02:11 AM
Cena vs. Rusev met expectations as well. I loved Rusev's entrance. It was insanely awesome. But of course, Cena won. I think the only thing worse was how he won. Rusev is more or less dead at this point. Stick a fork in him, he is done.

Complete opposite.

Undefeated streaks, while a good shorcut to looking strong in a hurry, can be creatively stifling. This loss will give the writers a lot more freedom in booking Rusev, and it doesn't really hurt him at all because it's Cena. Losing to superman doesn't hurt your rep at all.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 02:11 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rollins came a long way breh <a href="http://t.co/qfHZm3iSvC">pic.twitter.com/qfHZm3iSvC</a>&quot;</p>&mdash; 殺す ショーン) 殺す (@ICookHumans) <a href="https://twitter.com/ICookHumans/status/582380296688955392">March 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 02:13 AM
Love all the people in this thread arguing about logic in a show that has a lightning summoning zombie vs a teleporting crabwalking cultist.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 02:14 AM
Love all the people in this thread arguing about logic in a show that has an lightning summoning zombie vs a teleporting crabwalking cultist.

A teleporting crabwalking cultist with a scarecrow animating lantern. Don't short change him, bro.

Vastardikai
03-30-2015, 02:36 AM
Complete opposite.

Undefeated streaks, while a good shorcut to looking strong in a hurry, can be creatively stifling. This loss will give the writers a lot more freedom in booking Rusev, and it doesn't really hurt him at all because it's Cena. Losing to superman doesn't hurt your rep at all.

I don't care that Cena won. If Cena had fought to the ropes to escape the Accolade, I wouldn't have cared. But no, we get Super Cena "Fuck Your dreaded finish" spot. I would have liked if the thrown shoe would have actually caused Cena to release the STF out of confusion. But he no sold it. And Lana got made an afterthought sucked, as well. Rusev could have come out of the match at least looking strong in defeat (Hell, even Wyatt kicked out of a Tombstone), but he looks like a chump.

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 02:44 AM
I didn't get that at all from the match. Cena did a great job of selling Rusev's beatings and really looked like he was struggling, and even then he still needed a distraction to get the win.

I don't think it hurts Rusev at all. Especially if he has a strong showing tomorrow. We'll see I guess.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 02:50 AM
Like I said before, Rusev had to lose eventually. You either have it be to some younger midcard guy who likely ends up being a jobber eventually and making Rusev look kinda weak in hindsight or you have it be to the face of the company. With a shady ending, no less. It's kinda the perfect way to keep Rusev looking strong without carrying the overdone "undefeated" distraction with him.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 03:06 AM
I'm not sure I want to reopen the MitB argument wound, but, rewatching the main event, Seth Rollins does specifically tell the referee he's cashing it in to this match to make it a Triple Threat.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 03:07 AM
Also hear Seth tell Reigns "Thank you so much" in between the 2 and 3 counts.

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 03:09 AM
If we're using logic, every wrestler who ever existed would be in jail for multiple counts of assault and battery for all the ambushes and sneak attacks.

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 03:10 AM
Except for Ricky Steamboat that goody two shoes

ron the dial
03-30-2015, 03:11 AM
whoa yeah

Juan
03-30-2015, 03:11 AM
Excellent Mania IMO

ron the dial
03-30-2015, 03:12 AM
that was a hell of a show. no complaints.

ron the dial
03-30-2015, 03:12 AM
wellllll maybe i would have preferred a sting victory

and a wyatt victory

so i lied. but still, that was a great show.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 03:14 AM
FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT...

If we're using logic and WWE couldn't make up the rules as they go, Seth Rollins cashing in would have signified the start of a match between himself and Brock Lesnar for the title as it's always done. Of course, there could be a secret clause in the contract that says "You can cash it in DURING a title match and then you insert yourself in THAT match as opposed to the typical one-on-one match" because, again, they can make the rules up as they go. And this would definitely be an example of that.

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 03:20 AM
I would have liked to see Wyatt win too, but losing never seems to hurt him at all, so whatever.

Sting makes less sense to me. Sting beating Triple H was supposed to be the payoff for the authority screwing over everybody.

Triple H going for the handshake, then being all heel again later made even less sense.

But it was all still awesome so, I dunno.

Rammsteinmad
03-30-2015, 03:31 AM
Bray Wyatt, who is only 27 and has been with the WWE (as the Bray Wyatt character) for two years, has faced both John Cena and The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Not bad. :y:

Rammsteinmad
03-30-2015, 03:41 AM
Overall, I thought the show was pretty meh. I don't know if it's because the recent state of the WWE reflects this, or if I really have finally "outgrown" wrestling, but watching this in the sports bar (without the ability to skip anything) just felt like a huge drag.

- Ladder match was alright. Nothing we haven't really already seen before, and nothing really all that memorable happened. Glad Bryan won it, though.

- Orton/Rollins was the same. Although the finish looked pretty cool.

- Was surprised at how early Sting/Triple H went on. Match was alright. I can understand the significance of nWo vs. DX, but really didn't buy into any of it. Triple H winning was incredibly unexpected, so props for that.

- Really didn't give a fuck about the divas match, nor the Cena/Rusev match.

- The Rock/Ronda Rousey thing was very meh. So bored of the Rock's appearances. Was legit pumped to see Rousey fuck up Stephanie, only to see her put her in an arm lock and throw her to the ground. Yay...

- Undertaker vs. Wyatt was boring. Just couldn't get into it.

- Lesnar vs. Reigns was probably the best match of the night, which is crazy coz I've been 100% against this since the beginning. Loved the idea of the usual Lesnar squash, but with Reigns smiling as if to say "is that all you got?". Still not really a fan of Reigns, but that certainly put him over big, and props to him getting in the ring and getting the shit kicked out of him like that in the first place. Super happy about the cash-in though. :D

I don't know, really. I think I'm just bored with the WWE now. Even last night, during the Rock/Triple H segment, I could just feel some seeds being sown for these two to face each other next year, and all I'm thinking is that it's the same guys, hogging all the spotlight.

I've been saying this the last four or five Wrestlemanias, and it still holds up. I really don't wanna see all these old guys again next year. If they want one main attraction match, I'd be happy to see Rock/Lesnar, but please no Undertaker or Triple H. Let the younger guys shine for fucks sake.

I might enjoy it more when it's out on DVD and I rewatch it, but otherwise, I'd rate it 2/5.

Droford
03-30-2015, 03:44 AM
Bray Wyatt, who is only 27 and has been with the WWE (as the Bray Wyatt character) for two years, has faced both John Cena and The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Not bad. :y:

He'll be 45ish is when he's 0-20 at WM. Younger than the Undertaker

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 03:47 AM
I actually thought it was a decent show outside of Wyatt not coming out of a high profile WrestleMania match looking strong again and the ending.

Just imagine if Taker locked in Hell's Gate and Wyatt struggled for a bit then looked up at Taker with a maniacal laugh and maybe a creepy quote or something before passing out. It would have served the same purpose for Taker and Wyatt would have come out looking deranged and intimidating as shit. Instead, the "new face of fear" got freaked out by an old guy who already showed he was mortal last year and then beaten and that was that.

Poit
03-30-2015, 04:22 AM
I'm tired, sunburned, and can barely talk. I had a great day.

Poit
03-30-2015, 04:24 AM
Wasn't the Bella's theme the same as someone else? Or maybe I am thinking of another similar theme another woman had

I believe you're thinking of Layla using Tiffany's old theme for a bit.

Poit
03-30-2015, 04:24 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I selfishly don't want to see The Rock wrestle again cause I was at WM29 and kinda like knowing I saw his final match.</font>

Similarly, I like that I was in attendance for Shawn Michaels's last win.

Nark Order
03-30-2015, 04:27 AM
This was the best WM in like 10 years. Everybody shut up before I murder you in your sleep.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 04:45 AM
Will the matches be put up on YouTube at any point today? If not I'll prob download tonight. What matches are worth watching? Sting v HHH sounds sweet. Triple H, Sting, Nash and
Billy Gunn all together seems too good to be true.

KIRA
03-30-2015, 04:45 AM
I just realized DB has held every title the modern WWE has

good for him

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 04:47 AM
Seems a bit shitty to have the whole thing in daylight though. About 90% of wrestling is the "atmosphere" and that basically ruins a bunch of these guys' entrances.

KIRA
03-30-2015, 04:51 AM
Seems a bit shitty to have the whole thing in daylight though. About 90% of wrestling is the "atmosphere" and that basically ruins a buck of these guys' entrances.

This was my biggest complaint it seems like the sun never fucking sets there.

XL
03-30-2015, 04:55 AM
FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT...

If we're using logic and WWE couldn't make up the rules as they go, Seth Rollins cashing in would have signified the start of a match between himself and Brock Lesnar for the title as it's always done. Of course, there could be a secret clause in the contract that says "You can cash it in DURING a title match and then you insert yourself in THAT match as opposed to the typical one-on-one match" because, again, they can make the rules up as they go. And this would definitely be an example of that.

But WWE can make up the rules as they go along.

Even in kayfabe Rollins is a company-backed guy. You can have Lesnar contest that he wasn't pinned, and HHH/Steph say "we make the rules, cash-in stands".

There was something that was specifically different about this cash-in, though. Every other time the MITB holder has brought his own referee along with him, this time Seth cashed in with the official of the ongoing match. I'd use that to explain why he got inserted into the match, rather than his cash-in nullifying the Lesnar-Reigns match.

SlickyTrickyDamon
I believe you're thinking of Layla using Tiffany's old theme for a bit.

Maria also used a theme originally created for Stacy Keibler.

Team LayCool's theme was used originally by Torrie Wilson.

Tazz Dan
I still can't believe how great this Wrestlemania was. Unlike a lot of you, I actually had high expectations going into the show, I know the build to it wasn't the best, but I had a gut feeling. And not only did it meet my expectations, it blew them out of the fucking water.

Regardless of whether or not it made 100% sense, the nWo facing off against DX had me marking out like a motherfucker. It was just fucking epic. The show itself started off well with the Pre-Show, both matches were entertaining. I had The Miz and Mizdow as my final two in the Battle Royale, I was so close, But even though I didn't quite get the ending I wanted, I'm glad The Big Show FINALLY won a Battle Royale.

The Ladder Match was a great kick off to the actual show, and while most of us probably knew who was going to win, it didn't disappoint, especially Dean Ambrose's Power Bomb bump from Luke Harper through the ladder. Also, R-Truth impressed me highly as well.

Rollins and Orton backed up well from the opener. A good back and forth bout, and the RKO to finish it was pretty fucking sick.

Sting/HHH was amazing, Sting more than held his own. I've seen a few people complaining online about Sting jobbing to HHH, and HHH being the devil, but lets be honest. When Sting signed, and the Wrestlemania match was proposed, I have no doubt that he would have been told at the time what the plans where. He's a businessman, and you could tell by the look on his face when he came out, it was pure awe. He's NEVER been part of anything like that in his life, and win or lose, I don't think he'd ever take it back. Also, the handshake at the end was a nice sign of respect. Classy stuff :y:

The Bella's and AJ/Paige had a nice little bout, but it was my low-light of the card, although I'm not saying it was bad.

Cena and Rusev was interesting to me. I honestly didn't think Cena would win, they'd hold it back until Extreme Rules, but I guess in hindsight, it made the most sense for him to win now. I'm intrigued as to where the Lana storyline will go from here. I've read rumours that she'll end up aligning herself with Cena, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

The Rock/Authority segment was good, although it dragged on WAY too long. I was kinda hoping that we'd find out Ronda had signed with WWE, and her and Steph would be having a match at Extreme Rules. There's still time for that to happen though, right?

Bray and Taker put on a good bout, and Taker was much better than last year. In saying that, he was concussed early last year, and he is slowing down, but he can still go. I heard from an inside source (No names can be given :shifty:) that Rusev badly sprained his ankle warming up, and there were concerns the match would have to be scrapped, but it obviously went ahead, although it was pushed back on the card, and caused a few last minute switches to the card. I'm glad Taker won, although I believe Bray REALLY needs a big win or two soon.

So now we come to Brock and Roman. FUCK ME! This match was good. Roman held his own with Lesnar, and came out of it looking like a machine. Brock looked like a monster, taking his blows from Reigns, and when he did finally start to take some effect from it, he sold it perfectly. And then the swerve. Regardless on your thoughts as to how it was done, and I won't be pulled into the argument, Seth cashing was probably the perfect scenario in my opinion. Again, I won't be pulled into a fight over my opinion, I'm not arguing with anybody else about theirs, so please, just accept mine. Not only did he play the Edge card well, he is going to spend the next few months bouncing around for Brock and Roman as they get their revenge on him. I believe he's more than just a 'Vanilla Midget', yes he's small, but he works out hard, and wit his Crossfit background, man will he have the strength and flexibility to pull off some crazy bumps, in a safe manner.

So yeah, overall, this Wrestlemania was a HUGE success, and will be hard to back up on next year. Now it's time for me to go to bed, and get some sleep before Raw in the morning! Bring it on!!!!!!

GD
03-30-2015, 04:56 AM
I'm tired, sunburned, and can barely talk. I had a great day.

Nice :wave:

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 05:06 AM
This was my biggest complaint it seems like the sun never fucking sets there.

It sets here roughly the same time as it does everywhere else. 7:30-ish for half the year, 6:30-ish for the other half. Unless you're in one of those weird areas where day and night are mixed up.

Corkscrewed
03-30-2015, 05:14 AM
I'm not sure why people say Seth Rollins is small. He's 6'-1". Reigns is 6'-3", as is Lesnar. HHH is 6'-4", and The Rock is 6'-5". That's all relatively similar, and it's not like Rollins is scrawny either.

He's a great heel and has played it in a beautiful traditional role. Heels don't usually dominate. I thought his cash in was perfectly executed.

Tazz Dan
03-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Also, and I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread or not, did anybody else notice that Lilian didn't introduce Sting to the ring? Like, did she forget, or was she meant to wait until HHH was in the ring and do them both then? But yeah. He got no ring introduction.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-30-2015, 05:32 AM
That sometimes happens when they do big theatrical entrances. I used to notice it alot when JBL came out with his limo.

It wasn't an oversight because Lilian said "This match is scheduled for one fall" and that shit when Triple H came down.

GD
03-30-2015, 05:34 AM
I'm not sure why people say Seth Rollins is small. He's 6'-1". Reigns is 6'-3", as is Lesnar. HHH is 6'-4", and The Rock is 6'-5". That's all relatively similar, and it's not like Rollins is scrawny either.

He's a great heel and has played it in a beautiful traditional role. Heels don't usually dominate. I thought his cash in was perfectly executed.

He kinda reminds me of Edge.

GD
03-30-2015, 05:38 AM
I have watched this year's Mania in a train, bus, while walking in the downtown area, sports bar, and now at my friend's apartment.

$9.99 was worth it :yes:

Corkscrewed
03-30-2015, 05:38 AM
Definitely. I thought Edge wasn't quite "main event material" when he first cashed in, but he definitely proved me wrong.

Tazz Dan
03-30-2015, 05:39 AM
That sometimes happens when they do big theatrical entrances. I used to notice it alot when JBL came out with his limo.

It wasn't an oversight because Lilian said "This match is scheduled for one fall" and that shit when Triple H came down.

Yeah, I get that, and I obviously caught the rest of it, but when you're bringing a guy like Sting in, possibly for only one match, it's a big fucking oversight!!!

Tazz Dan
03-30-2015, 05:42 AM
Everybody knows how much I love Edge, he's my favourite ever wrestler. And yeah, I can see comparisons between the two also. And while I don't think he'll probably come close to matching Edge's accomplishments, I think he'll still be successful. And that my friends, is a good thing :)

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 05:43 AM

He's not small. He's a tall guy who actually looks like he's seen a gym. It's just... a generic look and personality he's got. He's great as a pure wrestler and lacking "big fight" attributes of a sports entertainer. It was said in another thread... He's the guy who puts over "THE guy". My only issue is I feel like WrestleMania is the showcase of THE guys and not the guys who exist to put them over.

I put him in that Benoit class of guys who are fucking great in the IC Title scene putting on great midcard matches but when it comes to who you put on the marquee, you want someone more "larger than life". It's not just a body thing. Bray Wyatt looks like a chubby guy who could be a fan as opposed to a wrestler. But he builds an aura around him that is far from "ordinary guy". Bray Wyatt as a top heel if booked right would be fucking incredible.

DaVe
03-30-2015, 07:07 AM
Loved this Mania. Enjoyed pretty much every bit of it.

In the minority it seems but I was disappointed the Mania finished with the cash in. Reigns and Lesnar were freaking brutal and I would have preferred a clean, but insanely brutal win from Lesnar.

Kris P Lettus
03-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Reigns and Lesnar were freaking brutal and I would have preferred a clean, but insanely brutal win from Lesnar.

That's how I saw it playing out. Not a huge Rollins fan, but the ending was unexpected and I enjoyed the whole show.

Shisen Kopf
03-30-2015, 07:49 AM
Seth Rollins is a Robb Banks wannabe!

Heisenberg
03-30-2015, 08:17 AM
That's how I saw it playing out. Not a huge Rollins fan, but the ending was unexpected and I enjoyed the whole show.

If you saw him live you'd be a fan of his in-ring work alone. His mic work needs a bit of work, but the dude can go in the ring and has built himself quite a story of climbing the ranks

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 08:21 AM
can someone delete all of #1-wwf-fan's posts in this thread

jesus fucking christ what a mutie

Kris P Lettus
03-30-2015, 08:21 AM
I think it's the blonde patch that irks me. He is def good and I like the Orton match.

Hopefully this leads to a Orton/Reigns/Rollins match for the title.

Dunno where that leaves Lesnar.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 08:22 AM

Seth Rollins sucks.

Cry about it, bitch.

Rammsteinmad
03-30-2015, 08:33 AM
I think I really need to take some time away from wrestling and try to "get my smile back". I honestly cannot figure out what all of you lot praising this Wrestlemania are on about. One of the best in a long time? A huge success? This entire event dragged to me. I'm not some ROH/Indy purist who wants to see guys get dropped on their heads, endless two-counts etc, I've been a WWE fan since 1993, but pretty much over the last year I've not given a single fuck and this event really was the nail in the coffin.

Undertaker, Triple H, Cena etc have been having the same Wrestlemania matches for the last five years. Ladder matches just don't seem all that exciting to me any more. I'm sick of the Rock.

I dunno. I'm really bummed out about this Wrestlemania, and every PPV this year so far. I crave so badly for WWE to start using more younger guys in more prominent roles.

Fair play to all of you who enjoyed it though. Glad ya did. I still had a good night with some mates in the sports bar. :y:

Evil Vito
03-30-2015, 08:36 AM
He's not small. He's a tall guy who actually looks like he's seen a gym. It's just... a generic look and personality he's got.

<font color=goldenrod>Yeah man, Seth Rollins looks completely generic. I see about 25 tall, in shape dudes with a beard and multi-colored hair every single day. How unoriginal.</font>

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 08:43 AM
"Tall, in shape dudes with a beard" exist quite frequently in wrestling. I don't know if you've noticed. And call me crazy but I don't think his hair being highlighted like a teenage girl and his typical "Grr! I'm a heel so I do and discuss doing heel things!" personality make him come off as amazingly unique to me.

RaginRonic
03-30-2015, 08:49 AM

I'll second that, but only if you do that to James Steele too. Shut his punk ass up for a good few days.

> : - (

Evil Vito
03-30-2015, 09:03 AM
"Tall, in shape dudes with a beard" exist quite frequently in wrestling. I don't know if you've noticed. And call me crazy but I don't think his hair being highlighted like a teenage girl and his typical "Grr! I'm a heel so I do and discuss doing heel things!" personality make him come off as amazingly unique to me.

<font color=goldenrod>I could just as easily flip the script on you by pointing out that saying and doing heel things describes like 98% of heels in the history of wrestling. It's the entire point of their characters, in fact.

Also I'm willing to bet that whenever Rollins goes face again he'll be the next Jeff Hardy and have women dripping from orgasm. If that's his long-term outlook there are worse places to wind up.</font>

Evil Vito
03-30-2015, 09:07 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The entire point of a heel's character is to get people to not like him. I'd say it's done a fine job on #1-wwf-fan.</font>

Kris P Lettus
03-30-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm sick of The Rock

GTFO

Evil Vito
03-30-2015, 09:08 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Anyway, I wanna give this show a rewatch later in the week. I had such low expectations and they were blown out of the water.</font>

Mike the Metal Ed
03-30-2015, 09:12 AM
I think I really need to take some time away from wrestling and try to "get my smile back". I honestly cannot figure out what all of you lot praising this Wrestlemania are on about. One of the best in a long time? A huge success? This entire event dragged to me. I'm not some ROH/Indy purist who wants to see guys get dropped on their heads, endless two-counts etc, I've been a WWE fan since 1993, but pretty much over the last year I've not given a single fuck and this event really was the nail in the coffin.

Undertaker, Triple H, Cena etc have been having the same Wrestlemania matches for the last five years. Ladder matches just don't seem all that exciting to me any more. I'm sick of the Rock.

I dunno. I'm really bummed out about this Wrestlemania, and every PPV this year so far. I crave so badly for WWE to start using more younger guys in more prominent roles.

Fair play to all of you who enjoyed it though. Glad ya did. I still had a good night with some mates in the sports bar. :y:

My two pence is that it was a solid show, but it does little for WWE's long term problem.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 09:14 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I could just as easily flip the script on you by pointing out that saying and doing heel things describes like 98% of heels in the history of wrestling. It's the entire point of their characters, in fact.

Also I'm willing to bet that whenever Rollins goes face again he'll be the next Jeff Hardy and have women dripping from orgasm. If that's his long-term outlook there are worse places to wind up.</font>

No. It's not doing heel things. It's just the basic, typical heel things. There's Bray Wyatt who does heel things but does so with actual personality and depth to his character or Brock Lesnar who is just scary as fuck and has a mouthpiece to hype him up or Ric Flair who was kind of a stereotypical heel in a way but he had so much personality and charisma that it didn't fucking matter. And then there's the guy who isn't oozing charisma and just follows the "wrestling bad guy 101" script without bringing anything new in particular to the table. That's Rollins.

And that's fine if he's the next Jeff Hardy. Jeff Hardy wasn't a WrestleMania headliner either. They never pushed him as one though. They had some true stars around and he was treated as a secondary star to them like he should have been.

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 09:15 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The entire point of a heel's character is to get people to not like him. I'd say it's done a fine job on #1-wwf-fan.</font>

If genuine dislike is the guideline you're using for a great heel, wouldn't that mean Roman Reigns is a way better heel to you and most of the IWC than Seth Rollins is?

XL
03-30-2015, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't say that Rollins is a Mania headliner. He didn't headline last night. He gate-crashed the headliners and robbed the title. That's fuel for heel heat.

I get that you don't like him, you've made your stance on ROH style "Johnny Kickpads" Indy darlings not being your choice for main event stars perfectly clear over the last 18 months. We get it. I'd go as far as to agree with you on certain points of Rollins short comings but GOD DAMN they created a moment last night; First Ever Mania Cash-in.

They put steam behind Rollins, saved Reigns from the brink, maintained Lesnar's heat, and boosted Orton in one move. They set the table for the post-Mania season, they put a young guy who has been the most consistent performer over the last 12 months on top in a show that was built around part-timers, they did something that you didn't expect they'd do (even if some did call it amongst every possible permutation of events), they delivered a genuinely intriguing scenario coming out of Mania.

The only thing you could have asked for is to have swapped out Rollins for Ryback, but I think a large portion of the audience will be happy with the way things are.

Stickman
03-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Tbh the ladder match was pretty generic with a stupid finish. Headbutts for the win, come on

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 10:02 AM
The Ambrose powerbomb bump was the highlight of the match

that, and Ziggler being a spider monkey

slik
03-30-2015, 10:08 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How I feel this morning AFTER a GREAT <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WrestleMania?src=hash">#WrestleMania</a> ::)))

LOL LOL <a href="http://t.co/Y64in9ed1v">pic.twitter.com/Y64in9ed1v</a></p>&mdash; Ladykadium (@Ladykadium) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ladykadium/status/582540855870930944">March 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

Simple Fan
03-30-2015, 10:17 AM
=#1-wwf-fan;4607473

And that's fine if he's the next Jeff Hardy. Jeff Hardy wasn't a WrestleMania headliner either. They never pushed him as one though. They had some true stars around and he was treated as a secondary star to them like he should have been.

Rollins has way more charisma then Hardy. I would say Rollins is more like Edge and CM Punk before Hardy. Both men became maineventers with the MITB briefcase. Rollins is the first to do it in the mainevent of Mania so his stock should sky rocket.

Innovator
03-30-2015, 10:33 AM
This generation can learn a thing from his work:

http://fat.gfycat.com/PowerfulScornfulBird.gif

Schlomey
03-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Blank for me, Innovator.

drave
03-30-2015, 10:47 AM
This generation can learn a thing from his work:

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/PowerfulScornfulBird" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="320" height="240" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>

Funny how he gets quasi Lou Thez'd but immediately grabs his quad. Still selling like a pro.

Schlomey
03-30-2015, 10:53 AM
hahaha! Kevin is such a goofball.

Rammsteinmad
03-30-2015, 11:00 AM
I picked up on that and laughed. I assumed it was a joke but for all we know he prob legit hurt himself.

Jordan
03-30-2015, 12:08 PM
I LOLed when I saw that

Jordan
03-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Anyone know what happened to Triple H's leg? Did he come in with that bruise?

Jordan
03-30-2015, 12:09 PM
I assumed the damage to Sting's torso was from the stairs bump.

Fignuts
03-30-2015, 01:21 PM
I think I'm gonna stop coming here. Place is just bumming me out.

Heyman
03-30-2015, 01:23 PM
A few more Wrestlemania thoughts (i.e. Triple H, John Cena, and Big Show going over)

I know a few guys are upset that Triple H, John Cena, and even Big Show went over in their respective matches (and in Triple H's case, even finding it non-sensical), but I think the WWE made the correct moves with all 3 choices:

Big Show:

In Big Show's case, he was the right choice to win that match as no else involved is close to being pushed to the moon anyways. The WWE should only give the Andre-The-Giant Memorial victory to someone that is legit ready to ascend to the next level. If that guy isn't there, you go with the vet to keep him credible (i.e. Big Show).

Triple H:

Sting is on his last legs as a competitor, while Triple H, although at the tail-end himself, can still realistically have 1-2 matches per year for the next decade or so.

The danger in having Triple H job too much, is that you ruin HHH's credibility to the point that there is no value in going over him any longer. I'm glad that Triple H has gone over both Lesnar and Sting in recent years, so that when another Daniel-Bryan-like superstar comes up within the ranks, a guy like Triple H can put him over at Mania, and that 'victory' for the up-and-comer will have major value.

The WWE absolutely made the right move in having HHH go over here.

John Cena:

Similar to the above situation. Cena is far and away the WWE's biggest star, and while Cena putting over talent is a great idea, Cena should ultimately have the last laugh in 90% of these feuds.

The only time when Cena should not "have the last laugh" is when his opponent is about to get sky-rocketed to the moon (i.e. Daniel Bryan from mid 2013-Wrestlemania 30). In Rusev's case, the WWE won't be doing this quite yet with him, and so this was easily the best decision for the WWE.

Now having said all that, I do think that Bray Wyatt should have possibly gone over Taker this year (and end his career once and for all), but I also see the value of Taker 'redeeming' himself, while inadvertently adding to Lesnar's legacy (i.e. still being 'the one' in 22-1). Wyatt should end Taker's career at Summerslam however, in an idealistic scenario.

Heyman
03-30-2015, 01:26 PM
I think I'm gonna stop coming here. Place is just bumming me out.

I would suggest for you to keep posting. Unfortunately, there will always be clowns that won't fully appreciate excellent PPV's and events, but this board needs guys like you to keep contributing.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Some Wrestlemania records for the talents involved yesterday, although this includes losses for not winning the Andre Battle Royal. Interesting numbers:

NOTE: The records include pre-show matches.

Adam Rose 0-1
AJ Lee 2-0
Alex Riley 0-1
Bad News Barrett 0-3
Big E 0-3
Big Show 5-10
Bo Dallas B0-1
Bray Wyatt 0-2
Brie Bella 0-3
Brock Lesnar 2-3
Cesaro 2-2
Stardust 1-5
Curtis Axel 0-2
Damien Mizdow 0-2
Daniel Bryan 4-2-1
Darren Young 0-2
Dean Ambrose 2-1
Diego 2-5
Dolph Ziggler 1-5
Erick Rowan 0-1
Fandango 1-3
Fernando 1-3
Goldust 0-8-1
Heath Slater 0-3
Hideo Itami 0-1
Jack Swagger 2-3
Jey Uso 1-3
Jimmy Uso 1-4
John Cena 9-3
Kane 9-10
Kofi Kingston 1-7
Konnor 0-1
Luke Harper 0-1
Mark Henry 2-8
Nikki Bella 0-3
Paige 1-0
R-Truth 0-5
Randy Orton 5-7
Roman Reigns 2-1
Rusev 0-1
Ryback 0-3
Seth Rollins 3-1
Sin Cara 0-2
Sting 0-1
The Miz 4-4
Titus O’Neil 0-2
Triple H 9-10
Tyson Kidd 1-5
Undertaker 22-1
Viktor 0-1
Xavier Woods 0-2
Zack Ryder 0-5

The fact that only like five people have winning records is crazy.

Schlomey
03-30-2015, 01:31 PM
I felt the same way last night, Fignuts. I was posting off and on in a Facebook group thread during the show and certain dudes were just bitching and moaning the whole time. Especially after Sting lost..one of them even "swore" they turned it off and cancelled their subscription....Asshat. He stayed on the boards and bitched the rest of the show by reading the comments. I doubt he actually cancelled....fucking sad sacks are just the worst. We need some positive healin' up in this bitch.

Heyman
03-30-2015, 01:35 PM
, or if I really have finally "outgrown" wrestling,

This might be the case Rammsteinmad and there's nothing wrong with that. I'll be honest - over the past 3 years, I've only watched Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania (while keeping tabs on the storyline intermittently via the internet throughout the year), and I've actually really enjoyed wrestling again. (contrast this to 2005-2012 where I still watched more frequently on a part-time basis, and felt bored/jaded by the product).

If you didn't enjoy watching last night's AMAZING PPV, then it might be better for you to take the year off, while following the storylines intermittently on the internet.

Until last night, I hadn't watched Wrestling since the week after Wrestlemania 30, and felt very refreshed watching the PPV last night. Was far easier for me to appreciate wrestling as a mark, and I marked out a number of times last night.

Nark Order
03-30-2015, 01:38 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/5738/WqgNki.jpg

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 01:39 PM
I felt the same way last night, Fignuts. I was posting off and on in a Facebook group thread during the show and certain dudes were just bitching and moaning the whole time. Especially after Sting lost..one of them even "swore" they turned it off and cancelled their subscription....Asshat. He stayed on the boards and bitched the rest of the show by reading the comments. I doubt he actually cancelled....fucking sad sacks are just the worst. We need some positive healin' up in this bitch.

I dunno about y'all but this thread was hugely positive and people were marking the F out all throughout the show

It was just afterward when morons like #1-wwf-fan started tainting it with negative thoguhts about everything

I was actually thinking how awesome it was that the forum here was enjoying the PPV so unequivocally all night long

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Narc doing his best Roman Reigns squinty face

Schlomey
03-30-2015, 01:40 PM
I haven't had the time to read much in this thread. I am happy to read that during the show people were happy :)

Heyman
03-30-2015, 01:40 PM

Props to the guy kneeling in front for his Daniel Bryan look.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 01:43 PM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large_lightbox/public/photo/image/2015/03/DIARY_0329_34-3911893591.jpg

Heyman
03-30-2015, 01:44 PM
I dunno about y'all but this thread was hugely positive and people were marking the F out all throughout the show

It was just afterward when morons like #1-wwf-fan started tainting it with negative thoguhts about everything

I was actually thinking how awesome it was that the forum here was enjoying the PPV so unequivocally all night long

And just so people know, our theater (Scarborough Cineplex) greatly enjoyed the PPV as well. Lots of raw emotion, marking out, and fans greatly enjoying themselves. I honestly haven't felt this good as a Wrestling fan since maybe 2004, and so I really think the WWE hit a home-run last night.

Dark One
03-30-2015, 01:55 PM
http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2015/March/150330/2D274908086352-WWE-TODAY-150330-01.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Maluco
03-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Was tired last night and thought maybe I was just accepting everything because I was just lying there watching in a haze, but after a good rest, can honestly say that was an amazing Mania, and there was so little wrong with it.

Rollins is great, regardless of where he will end up on the card. It is a young guy doing the biggest thing on the biggest stage. The spotlight is well and truly on a new guy and yet people still complain.

Sting is 56 years old, there is nowhere for him to go as a performer and he was made to look HHH equal last night, who is only 44. Absolutely the right decision for the Game to go over so he can continue to be useful where necessary.

Rusev will be fine, because he is so talented and you can see him growing as a performer all the time. He was great again last night and he has really cool offence, a great look and, again, he looked Cena's equal and only lost cause of the Lana bump.

Bray is the most concerning, he really needs to get some success at big events soon, but he is only 27 years old and has time on his side. For a big Taker retirement match next year, he had to win here or he was done.

The match quality was amazing, the surprises had me off the sofa, and the whole thing felt like a massive event that the whole world was watching. It is a home run, and at the end of the night a new future star was standing tall, whether you like him or not.

This really was 5 stars and has totally pulled me back in as a fan.

Would have easily paid 50 dollars for all that I got last night, but as it turns out, we got it all for 9.99, massive bargain imo

Ruien
03-30-2015, 02:03 PM
My main complaint is the stupid people in San Fran kept the fucking sun up during the Taker match. Wish Taker would have just vanished (Lights go out) after defeating Bray and never heard from again/

Maluco
03-30-2015, 02:07 PM
My main complaint is the stupid people in San Fran kept the fucking sun up during the Taker match. Wish Taker would have just vanished (Lights go out) after defeating Bray and never heard from again/

I think that is what we will get next year. Taker looked tired. Think next year we get the amazing entrance, the one final match, the victory, and the end, in front of 100,000 people in his own state. He deserves it.

Heyman
03-30-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm wondering if Taker's last match (if next year will be his last match) should be against Cena? Cena puts him away a la HBK-Flair style, or even Taker-HBK style.

If anyone is deserving of such an accolade, it is John Cena.

Cena and Taker also have that history that traces way back (i.e. Taker shaking Cena's hand backstage after Cena's first match).

I think it would be a terrific way for things to come full circle.

Nark Order
03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
I don't understand all of the comments about the sun. Everybody calm down. California is sunny. I feel like most people should know this.

Damian Rey
03-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Being in wonderfully beautiful and sunny southern California, I had zero complaints about the atmosphere of Mania

Heyman
03-30-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't understand all of the comments about the sun. Everybody calm down. California is sunny. I feel like most people should know this.

I wonder if certain people are forgetting the fact that California is Pacific Time zone?

Seems really ridiculous that people would complain about this.

Big Vic
03-30-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm wondering if Taker's last match (if next year will be his last match) should be against Cena? Cena puts him away a la HBK-Flair style, or even Taker-HBK style.

If anyone is deserving of such an accolade, it is John Cena.

Cena and Taker also have that history that traces way back (i.e. Taker shaking Cena's hand backstage after Cena's first match).

I think it would be a terrific way for things to come full circle.
Yes, Cena should accomplish everything ever.

GD
03-30-2015, 03:03 PM

Narcissus :heart:

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/streams/2015/March/150330/2D274908086352-WWE-TODAY-150330-01.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

I sense a pattern where guys hold the belt in the opposite direction

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SB7EcaXUkpE/maxresdefault.jpg

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:18 PM
My mate's just give me his network log in. Is the pre show on the network as well as the whole of rasslemania?

GD
03-30-2015, 03:22 PM
@Iginfest YES!

Ruien
03-30-2015, 03:24 PM
I wonder if certain people are forgetting the fact that California is Pacific Time zone?

Seems really ridiculous that people would complain about this.

I think Narc took my comment a little to serious.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Sweet.

Why is Seth Rollins the guy from the shield to "break out" first? He was easily the biggest Gaylord of the three of them last I saw. Has he really become"the man" since he became corporate?

slik
03-30-2015, 03:28 PM
Seth Rollins is the bridge from Edge to HBK Iggy Festalea

GD
03-30-2015, 03:30 PM
What he said.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Lol why is ll cool j opening this.

Innovator
03-30-2015, 03:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m6cd2a8.png?1

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:32 PM
What. This Renee Young's voice is really annoying. Why do you all love her?

Evil Vito
03-30-2015, 03:33 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Because she's absurdly cute.</font>

Nark Order
03-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Iginfest, are you doing your best Gertner impression?

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:35 PM
This guy with the tattoos looks like much more of a gaylord than Seth Rollins ever did.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Russian braud is smoking

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Camel clutch being a finisher in 2015 seems weird.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Is rusev banging his manager IRL?

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Skip feature really annoying that it doesn't show what you're speeding through. Gotta just guess when to start playing again.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:45 PM
Love Sting. Love Triple H. Might be my favourite two guys.

Ruien
03-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Is rusev banging his manager IRL?

Yup. They are married.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Bray Wyatt cool

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Tag title time

GD
Our WWE World Heavyweight Champion

http://gfycat.com/SomeWeepyHerculesbeetle

Corporate CockSnogger
Oh hey funkadactyl with the Usos

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Lol black guy stable. All 3 have taken top spot as the top Gaylord's of the company.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Damn @Natalya's boobs

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Michael Cole explaining that the match makes no sense right from the off. Top work.

rad dggy dg
03-30-2015, 03:59 PM
hey everyone its me rad dggy dg
and i aint no fg

rad dggy dg
03-30-2015, 03:59 PM
i watched the show wrestlemania 32 last night and thought it was really good

rad dggy dg
03-30-2015, 04:00 PM
31 not 32

rad dggy dg
03-30-2015, 04:00 PM
I thought it was just really good

rad dggy dg
03-30-2015, 04:01 PM
matches that stood out for me were Rondy Rousey vs Triple H and Roman Riegns vs Brock Lesnor

Corporate CockSnogger
Cesaro and Kidd are sweet

rad dggy dg
Sting sure was a goose I tell you

rad dggy dg
03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Cesaro and Kidd are sweet

you know its true said rad dggy dg

rad dggy dg
03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
alright those were my thoughts on wrestlemania see you guys later brothers!

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Match of a thousand superkicks

Clerk
03-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Greatest wrestlemania of all time. Creative brilliance

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Yeahhh Ryback.

Disturbed316
03-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Narcissus :heart:

I sense a pattern where guys hold the belt in the opposite direction

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SB7EcaXUkpE/maxresdefault.jpg

Probably just the way he was standing on tv. Either that, or Seth is a lefty.

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Damn @Natalya's boobs

'ell yeah

https://www.thewweforum.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pwmania.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F09%2Fnatalya.jpg&hash=f08ba06b1e90d54950f51493bbc3c161

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 04:21 PM
'ell yeah again

https://www.thewweforum.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo0ZT9B7.jpg%3F1&hash=d06e9316ef613558ffd2405ba8637ad1

Heyman
03-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Yes, Cena should accomplish everything ever.

Unless there is a sure-fire star that could easily transcend the business that is coming up within the ranks, then yes, I think Taker's last and final job should be to John Cena. I originally felt that Bray Wyatt should be the guy, but I'm now convinced that it should be Cena. Daniel Bryan is also worthy of such a deed, but the WWE do not want him to be "the guy" and so Bryan wouldn't be a good candidate in that respect.

More times than not, it is commonplace for a retiring mega-star to do this final 'job' to a fellow mega-star (i.e. Austin to The Rock, Flair to HBK, HBK to Undertaker, etc.).

The only exceptions to such rules, as I mentioned, is when a guy is almost a "sure thing" to be the #1 guy in the business for a long period of time (i.e. HBK jobbing to Austin, even Foley jobbing to Triple H borderline fits this description).

As much as we might want a Bray Wyatt, or a Rusev, or even a Roman Reigns to eventually 'retire' the Undertaker, the truth of the matter is that it's unclear if any of these guys will be "THE" guy in the company.

John Cena is the only guy worthy of ending Undertaker, and I think this should happen at next year's Mania.

John Cena vs. Undertaker.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Yessssssss Luis Suarez reference.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Both opening matches have been sweet. Damien Sandow should've won tho.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Wade Barrett looks really skinny

Heyman
03-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Both opening matches have been sweet. Damien Sandow should've won tho.

I disagree with Sandow. Unless the WWE are serious about giving a major immediate push to Sandow (which I don't think they are), then Big Show was absolutely the right choice to win. Show has put in his time with the WWE, and is more important to WWE storylines right now.

Unless there is a clear-cut rising star in the WWE that will be getting pushed immediately (as was the original plan with Cesaro last year), then it makes more sense for an established vet to get the win.

Lots of posters on here tend to get upset when 'said young wrestler' doesn't go over an established vet, but this is not how the business works. You can't have young guys 'going over' all the time.

The Condor
03-30-2015, 04:48 PM
I'll be as succinct as possible.

There have only been 3 instances in my adult life where the happenings on screen captured me in the markdom of my youth: the pipebomb, Mark Henry's false retirement and last night's main event.

Brock has sports entertainment down to an art form with Heyman.

I loved having no matches over 20 minutes. Those "epics" almost always feel contrived or forced.

The ladder match was my least favorite on the show.

It's the best WM I have seen in years, top to bottom. Sting/Triple H didn't bother me either. That was not going to be a wrestling match, and they turned it into one of the most memorable spectacles in American wrestling history.

The Rock/Rousey thing dragged horribly. Stephanie is a broken record, the Rock milked it too much, and I don't care for MMA, so Rousey means squat to me. It was just overly long.

overall, an 8/10.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Skipping to the end of Orton v Rollins. "Curb stomp" is lame.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Sweet end to the match tho.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Sweet Sting v HHH next. Best match.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Weird drum intro. Can't believe they don't use Sting's proper music.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Oh shit @ skynet

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:30 PM
Sting the best at no selling. Always loved when he did it more than anyone else.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Fuck. Still like 3 hours left of this. Don't think I can do it.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Yesssss DX

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Don't get the logic behind NWO helping Sting but I don't even care.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Billy Gunn in better shape than everyone else inc Triple H.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:45 PM
Superkick couldn't take out Tyson Kidd in the opening match but knocks Sting clean out.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:47 PM
No idea what the face/heel alignment is even supposed to be here and I don't think WWE knew either.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:49 PM
Why didn't Ric Flair show up?

CSL
03-30-2015, 05:49 PM
about to rewatch the main event, lol Roman just shoving some guy out of the way during his entrance

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Whattup Maria Menounos

Innovator
03-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Current dream is for Intercontinental Unification Match between Bryan and Nakamura

Innovator
03-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Also love that my phone tried to correct Nakamura to Nakamuraness

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Bret Hart so dull

Volare
03-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Rollins in an early match......

This guy right here, was for once in my pathetic life WAS RIGHT!!

It will never happen again.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Gonna skip to takers entrance and then turn this off I think.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Seth Rollins sucks.

Cry about it, bitch.

Jealous he has a bigger dick?

screech
03-30-2015, 05:59 PM
about to rewatch the main event, lol Roman just shoving some guy out of the way during his entrance

That was great lol

#1-norm-fan
03-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Jealous he has a bigger dick?

A big hog and a strapping physique are the first two things I look for when choosing which pro wrestler to root for so this is inaccurate.

Emperor Smeat
03-30-2015, 06:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fbsgO8H.gif

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm still torn between that and the RKO as the spot of the night.

CSL
03-30-2015, 06:23 PM
spot of the night was Triple H's ridiculous oversell for Ronda http://www.tpwwforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-30-2015, 06:35 PM
'ell yeah again

https://www.thewweforum.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo0ZT9B7.jpg%3F1&hash=d06e9316ef613558ffd2405ba8637ad1

Images don't work. :(

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 06:36 PM
sun of the beach

road doggy dogg
03-30-2015, 06:38 PM
'ell yeah?

http://free13k.com/server13/photos/Rr5w7yXamQCLiM~/84301_Natalya-Wwe-Wallpapers_1284x722.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35600000/International-Woman-Natalya-wwe-divas-35675192-642-722.jpg

http://www.pwmania.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/natalya2.jpg

KIRA
03-30-2015, 07:06 PM
Side note I just watched the hall of fame ceremony and I cannot honestly recall the last time I was on the brink of tears like I was watching Conner's dad talk about him the guy is probably not a public speaker at all and it takes serious balls to stand up there and talk like that and you could hear how much he still hurt. Its a small thing but wow.
just kudos.

Innovator
03-30-2015, 07:08 PM
spot of the night was Triple H's ridiculous oversell for Ronda http://www.tpwwforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Either that or he's going over for realsies

Lock Jaw
03-30-2015, 07:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HhOQrIe.gif

Corkscrewed
03-30-2015, 09:49 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL, such a great dance!

Corkscrewed
03-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Either that or he's going over for realsies
I enjoyed the HBK-ness of it all.

Anybody Thrilla
03-31-2015, 12:52 PM
I feel like if you didn't like this Wrestlemania, you should for real just stop watching. It's not going to get much better any time soon.

Also, Seth Rollins is really great. Really.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-31-2015, 06:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HhOQrIe.gif

Those boobs are fake in the front row. They don't bounce :(

ron the dial
03-31-2015, 06:30 PM
do you think you're some kind of titty master, slick damo?

Mr. Nerfect
03-31-2015, 10:40 PM
* The Tag Title match was good fun. They worked really well together, and I guess that by now that Los Matadores, The Usos and Kofi Kingston can just about predict they are going to end up in giant clusterfuckers, so they probably have a whole reel of stuff planned for them. I would have rather seen a straight-forward tag between Cesaro/Kidd and The Usos (injury aside). Los Matadores are being wasted. The New Day is just not working. Cesaro & Kidd are a great tag team.

* Didn't really feel Big Show winning the Battle Royal. Even now I think it might have been better to give it to Ryback or something.

* Loved the Ladder Match. Putting aside my "Wah, I want to see this" gripes with WrestleMania, this felt like seven guys who really wanted to be the Intercontinental Champion. Everyone except R-Truth was involved in something memorable during the match for me. Wait, he did do a tope con hilo, didn't he? So I guess there's that. Bryan winning makes the IC Title look great.

* Randy Orton and Seth Rollins had a real damn good professional wrestling match. Orton is so much better as a face than a heel. You hear that he hates it, but fucking hell man, you could make some money. Not that he's hurting for it, I'm sure. Being a shitty nerd behind a computer, I don't know if I would have had Orton kick out of the Curb Stomp. Rollins kicking out of the first RKO made Rollins look tough in losing, and it's been done before. Orton recently sold the Curb Stomp like it had him rattled for days. WrestleMania or not, it should be a death blow to everybody not Brock Lesnar or the WWE's top babyface in the WrestleMania main event. Orton got to look good enough by countering the Stomp into another RKO. Sick spot. Jamie and Joey are so good at what they do.

* Triple H and Sting worked well. Sting sold punches like they mattered, but when he no sells, he does do it tremendously well. Like it's actually creepy. I personally preferred Sting's entrance to Triple H's. The DX/nWo involvement didn't really make sense to me. Then Sting lost. Really bummed me out for some reason. I can make intellectual points about it going down that way, but emotionally it just felt fucking wrong. I was hoping for an Ultimate Warrior tribute spot where Triple H hits the Pedigree and Sting just gets right back up.

* Rusev had the best entrance of the night. He's really grown into his role. I preferred the Fastlane match between the two, but this one was good too. That springboard stunner made me mark out. Rusev also went through MoveZ! to try and beat Cena. I'm not sure if I enjoy Lana being the delicate flower that they've been presenting her to be. I'd rather her be seen as the powerful financier of the super athlete's career, and Rusev's losses reflecting badly on her, which makes her cold and dangerous. Cena as the four-time US Champion is cool. More kids are automatically going to care about the lineage of that title.

* The Divas tag was fine. Paige is gorgeous. Nikki grinding during her entrance is worth Mania alone. I wish they had a more prominent story together. This can at least lead to stuff. Not really sure what they were going with at the start with AJ constantly being knocked off the apron. It felt like they were setting up the "partner isn't there for you" routine, but they never really went anywhere with that.

* Taker and Wyatt was there. Preferred Bray's entrance to The Undertaker's. Bray really sold Taker. I didn't expect him to be afraid. I liked the "Taker's back" spots at the start, but then that weird stuff happened with that dive into the stairs. I still feel like Bray should have won. I'm not angry about it like I was Bryan not winning the Rumble, but I just kind of feel like Taker winning was like an apology for him having ever lost. Seems anachronistic on a show like this. Truth be told, I'd have rather they kept Taker off the show and built up something more vicious for Wyatt. But I guess it probably meant a lot for Bray to get to work Taker and all that. Just me being a shit fan.

* Brock Lesnar gets this. He doesn't compete much and he wasn't around for a long time, so I think people forget that he might actually just be the best professional wrestler ever. He generates heat whenever he does something. He's got this air of legitimacy around him that Vince would trade half his money for in order to have it bottled for life. Fuck he's so good. Roman Reigns has got some way to go as far as telling a story and playing a character goes, but that is one tough dude. He earned his stripes in that match. Because of how the WWE has been the last couple of years, bad booking is the new good booking, so Reigns losing might actually help his connection with crowds. They will get hot for him, because he's just that sort of guy. Seth Rollins is fucking great and gets being a shit-bag heel as much as anybody. From the moment he turned his back on The Shield, he has been one of the best personalities in the company, and his promo work actually sells stuff to me. The dude is money. Rollins vs. Lesnar will take Vince to the bank.

GD
03-31-2015, 10:46 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/91a3a770abdc0e66657aeec5491b2556/tumblr_nm35q4h4DR1unc8uro1_1280.jpg

Vastardikai
04-01-2015, 01:42 AM
I feel like Wrestlemania was Middle of the Road. Not Great, not bad. Up until Ronda armlocking Steph, I had it as the worst Mania ever, what with the putting over the up and comers like Big Show, Cena, and Orton. And then Vince doing a number on Sting via commentary.

Wyatt vs. Taker was but a thing, but I heard Wyatt was injured and Taker is old.

Reigns and Lesnar did well together. It was the first good Mania match for Lesnar. I'd say that this match is why I'm in favor of using color when it matters. And as much shit as people give Reigns, I think he has what it takes to one day be the top draw. What surprised even me is that Rollins stepped up. His time is now. By this time next year, we'll understand that losing this match was the best thing to happen to Reigns.

Disturbed316
04-01-2015, 04:29 AM
Better than against Kurt at Mania 19?

Bad News Gertner
04-01-2015, 06:34 AM
I think it was better than Kurt vs Brock and WM19 is the best WM of all time imo

slik
04-02-2015, 06:18 PM
I think this one will be looked back on favorably over time

hb2k
04-03-2015, 09:19 AM
If you're looking for a listen, since it's the obvious topic, this week's Squared Circle Gazette focuses on WrestleMania 31, the post-Mania Raw, and the immediate future of the WWE - talking babyface Brock, Roman Reigns' next move, the use of Sting in WWE, problems with Rusev and Bray Wyatt going forward, the greatness of Rock and Ronda Rousey, Seth Rollins and the direction of the WWE Title, and of course, scattered comments on WrestleMania itself. A fun show as always, give it a listen and let me know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/xnc3as/SCGRadio34-Mania31RawandBeyond.mp3

slik
11-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Me right now:

http://media.tumblr.com/5ce6deba91a6020f6f5029d23de99b97/tumblr_inline_nejf7bU9je1sfvdd1.gif
Seth looks good in trunks as well

Next time for him to rock those weird bicycle shorts type tights Triple A wore briefly