PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2004 Predictions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ben
05-29-2004, 06:20 AM
I saw that there's already a thread about England's Euro team, but who do you think will win the whole thing? My bet's on Holland to win it all, although there are several favorites, and others that may be surprises...

Wengerland
05-29-2004, 06:22 AM
France seems too strong for me,quite a lot under-estimate England though,so i think we'll have a chance.

Rob
05-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Portugal

toxic rooster
05-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Wales :shifty:

Doink
05-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Wales :shifty:

or the russian drug barrons :shifty:

Doink
05-29-2004, 08:47 AM
spain will win............................ah f**k im fooling noone with that

england will win...................ah f**k im foolin noone with that

ah f**k erm yeh wales

Oxstar
05-29-2004, 09:43 AM
France will win, if not France then it will be England or Italy

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 09:55 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Italy

I can see France slipping up for some reason. I think England have a chance.</font>

Dazz
05-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Don't fucking Holland thats for damn sure.

Me thinking a Germany Vs Italy final.

toxic rooster
05-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Dunno, that Brazil looks pretty good :shifty:

The Mask
05-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Portugal do seem like a pretty decent bet actually.

England aren't going to do shit.

Holland should win everything really, but they never perform.

France have Fabien Barthez in net.

Wengerland
05-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Holland are looking better than Germany,but then again so are most teams.:$

The Mask
05-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Holland are a great team on paper but it never seems to work out for them.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-29-2004, 10:47 AM
I want Spain to win, and they can field the strongest side in the competition, really, so I'd like to see them click, for once.

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 11:11 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Yeah, i like Spain and id like to see them do it too but they always seem to under achieve :'(</font>

Loose Cannon
05-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Don't count out the Czechs.

Dazz
05-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Don't count out the <s>Czechs</s> Germans.

:y:

Rob
05-29-2004, 02:18 PM
England are choke artists. I seriously can't see them making the semi's. Good luck to everyone with Man United players in their squad though :d

El Capitano Gatisto
05-29-2004, 02:22 PM
England's problem is that they are too one dimensional. Having Gerrard in this tournament will be a big boost, though not if he is played on the left. That would be an absolute crime, a waste. Shifting Gerrard to fit Nicky Butt in is absolute madness.

yianni
05-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Greece. :shifty:

England have a chance cos Spain and Holland always choke in these big games. France was balls in the World Cup a few years ago, will they still be balls? I believe Italy has a great chance of winning, though don't count out Portugal.

Wengerland
05-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Yeah Holland just lost a friendly game (i think at home) to Belgium,which isn't that great.

Ferocious
05-30-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm going for an England Portugal final Croatia and Sweden to lose in the semi's.

Sephiroth
05-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Italy or Portugal

Rob
05-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Whatever Italy need to do to have a stinker in the World Cup qualifers then I want that.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm hoping that France will see a mass retirement after Euro 2004, with Makalele, Pires, Lizerazu, Thuram and Zidane all deciding to quit international football.

The Mask
05-30-2004, 12:18 PM
I doubt Pires will, but the last 3 are a real enough possibility I suppose.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Pires is 30/31 this year. Same general age as the rest of them.

Rob
05-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Learn to count :p

The Mask
05-30-2004, 12:28 PM
who what?

The Mask
05-30-2004, 12:29 PM
i think lizarazu is about 33, zidane 32/33. I reckon Pires could at least fit in another World cup. Zidane could probably do it too.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping they will decide not to, though.

The Mask
05-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I hope France play Portugal somewhere down the line, just so I can watch Ronaldo take on all of their old duffers in defence :'(

Cactus Sid
05-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Don't count out the Czechs.

All the way, I'm going for them to win it.

Team Sheep
05-30-2004, 03:36 PM
check out my Euro 2004 website: www.euro-2004.cjb.net I'll have a proper domain up in a few days. Sign the guestbook and tell me what you think. :y:

Dazz
05-30-2004, 04:33 PM
The layout of the groups would be better if tables were used. What program did you do that in?

Team Sheep
05-30-2004, 05:54 PM
The layout of the groups would be better if tables were used. What program did you do that in?

freewebs

Loose Cannon
05-30-2004, 07:07 PM

:cool: , that's my heritage. My friends, who are Portugese and have a house down there, just left for Portugual on Tuesday and are going to a few games. Lucky bastards.

Ogen
05-30-2004, 07:12 PM
The Dutch won't win sh</>it ever with thier current squad my bet is a Portugal V France/Italy final with Portugal winning it

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 07:14 PM

I don't think the Czech side is any better than Ireland's, to be honest.

Decent team, but can't see them winning it unless something ridiculous happens. Nedved and Rosicky are class, but the rest of the side is ordinary in international terms.

Loose Cannon
05-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the Czechs are going to need some luck to pull off winning the whole thing. I really think Italy is going to do it, but they always seem to eathier screw something up or wind up getting screwed with calls and then lose.

BTW, ESPN better show a lot of games.

MoRcHeEbA
05-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Italy or France

Rob
05-30-2004, 07:32 PM
If you can make the quarter finals then it's anyone's to win really. Look at Denmark in 1992, they weren't even meant to be there and they won it.

Cactus Sid
05-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Everytime I have seen them play (the Czechs) they've played as a team, everyone works for everyone else.

They have 2 of the most creative players in World football in Rosicky and Nedved, and with a guy like Koller (ok, he's not amazing, but his presence is) they've got a target man, and in Baros, they've got a player who has an amazing scoring record at international level.

Maybe a bit suspect at the back, but they have enough creativity to be contenders.

I think they'll win the group. Germany are nothing special, and Holland are way to inconsistent. By doing this, they should have either Sweden or Denmark in the Quarter Finals, and I'd fancy them against either of them.

If they were to get Portugal or England in the Semi's I think they'd beat either of them. So I honestly believe they have a chance

Cactus Sid
05-30-2004, 09:27 PM
BTW, if anyone is interested

http://www.euro2004.com/Fanzone/Freebies/forecast/index.html

Cactus Sid
05-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Gonna look at form guides etc... and decide the most plausible outcomes

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Everytime I have seen them play (the Czechs) they've played as a team, everyone works for everyone else.

They have 2 of the most creative players in World football in Rosicky and Nedved, and with a guy like Koller (ok, he's not amazing, but his presence is) they've got a target man, and in Baros, they've got a player who has an amazing scoring record at international level.

Maybe a bit suspect at the back, but they have enough creativity to be contenders.

I think they'll win the group. Germany are nothing special, and Holland are way to inconsistent. By doing this, they should have either Sweden or Denmark in the Quarter Finals, and I'd fancy them against either of them.

If they were to get Portugal or England in the Semi's I think they'd beat either of them. So I honestly believe they have a chance

They have an outside chance, definitely, but both Portugal and England have alot more quality in their sides, and on their day would trounce the Czechs.

The Czechs are a good side, but they're not tournament winners. We (Ireland) beat them in a friendly not too long ago. They were missing Nedved, I think, but still, we didn't have our best side out either.

Class counts at the top, and while I can see the Czechs causing an upset, I can't see them upsetting their way to the final. Again.

Germany's side is better than the Czech's, also. I fancy Germany and Holland to beat them, but it's certainly possible the Czech's could topple them.

Cactus Sid
05-30-2004, 10:02 PM
I think Portugal are hugely overhyped

Loose Cannon
05-30-2004, 10:06 PM
So do I, but they repackaged their team a lot from the World Cup I think. They don't want to be embarassed again, especially on thier home turf. Figo really needs to play top class as well.

Confused
05-30-2004, 10:08 PM
At the moment I’d put money on the Dutch and French…

France would seem to have the trophy for the taking but they’ll have to get past the hurdle of their appalling world cup. If Henry is on top of his game and the rest of the players are half up for the thing then I can’t see past them.

The Dutch I’d go for purely in hope that they finally get their act together and the tournament performance they’ve threatened to give for so long finally comes off. The squad they have surely rivals just about anyone in the tournament but as most will point out and history has shown they just seem to lack the mental side that all winning teams need…shocking when you consider the club honours that the majority of the players could put on the table.

Cactus Sid
05-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Having looked at the Portugese squad, I am not overly impressed at all.

They have a few players who have a lot of quality, they are top-class players, and that is what the midfield is all about. The problem with that is that they really lack someone who is gonna mop everything up. They have in some respects are similar back 5 to the Czech's because its nothing special, but it gets the job done, although, I'm not overly sure about them.

They also don't exactly have a lot of firepower up front. Pauleta and Nuno Gomes are not exactly the kind of players who will strike fear into defences. Maybe if Ronaldo and Figo are on top form, sure, but to be honest, I can't see how the Portugese are supposed to be world beaters with a team like they have

Loose Cannon
05-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I've followed the Portuguese pretty closely the past four years cause my freind has the satelite thing where he gets thier games. Pauleta can be very good and I think he is proboably there best all around player going into this for Portugual. Simao is starting to play really well and Costa is still a threat. As for Figo, I really don't know. Injuries and age have caught up to him and he really isn't the same as he used to be anymore. Ronanldo is going to be great someday, i think, but he still needs to learn a lot more. He could very well be that "key" player they need out there though.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 10:24 PM
I don't rate Pauleta at all.

Deco, Figo, Ronaldo, Costinha, Maniche, Paulo Ferreira, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Carvalho, Nuno Valente, Petit, Simao Sabrosa and Rui Costa are all quality players.

Wengerland
05-30-2004, 11:26 PM
They should choose Deco over Rui Costa.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 11:44 PM
I'd play Deco in the hole, with Figo and Ronaldo swapping flanks with each other. That would be amazing.

Have Maniche and Costinha holding in midfield, and Paulo Ferreira bombing on at right back.

MoRcHeEbA
05-30-2004, 11:48 PM
WHAT

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Allow me to lick your elbows.

The Mask
05-31-2004, 12:13 AM
As Robbie Savage said to the ref.

Dazz
05-31-2004, 12:33 AM
LOL

packt up
05-31-2004, 02:44 PM
France should win it if everyone plays to their potential.

I hope Spain do better.

I reckon England can get to the Semis at best probs only Quarters.

Razor Rybek
05-31-2004, 04:44 PM
I just have a nasty feeling the German's will nick it, i hate it, but I feel it

Englands progress depends on the form of Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard IMO, if they perform, we may go semi's if not final

Wengerland
05-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Well Eriksson has said today that the diamond formation looks likely to be used (at least against France),which will probably mean Butt ahead of Lampard.:|

He said he's going to pick his strongest side for tomorrows match too.

Razor Rybek
05-31-2004, 04:51 PM
If Heskey is in his "Strongest Side" tomorrow, we can all give up now!!

Dazz
05-31-2004, 04:59 PM
I just have a nasty feeling the German's will nick it, i hate it, but I feel it

Englands progress depends on the form of Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard IMO, if they perform, we may go semi's if not final

Well I win over £200 if the Germans win it, so I hope you are right.

Razor Rybek
05-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Well I win over £200 if the Germans win it, so I hope you are right.

As do I my friend, I am not proud to be betting on a German victory, buy hey Football is business nowadays is it not

Wengerland
05-31-2004, 05:06 PM
If Heskey is in his "Strongest Side" tomorrow, we can all give up now!!

Can't see him picking Heskey over Rooney or Owen,but Owen and Heskey worked quite well at Liverpool so i woudln't be opposed to that.

If Heskey's picked in the midfield,i heard him say earlier that he wouldn't mind the left sided spot,then,as much as i like Emile,to have him and Butt ahead of Lampard is a joke.

06-01-2004, 10:54 AM
After my calling just about everything that happened this year in the world of football, I'm on somewhat of a roll. In any case, I'm going with Italy for this one. If they don't win it, France will. They're the two teams that really have it all in their team, top to bottom. Italy are the only team I just cannot see us beating in this, which nudges things in their favour.

England are decent outsiders and it wouldn't be absurd to think they could win it, but I can't see them getting past the semis. Actually I could just as easily see them losing to Croatia as I could seeing them beat France, it's a tough one.

Portugal are good bets being hosts, but I dunno, I can't see them going all the way. Spain are good too, but until they start gelling as a team (which they can do great in the qualifiers against the dregs of European football, but not against anyone remotely good) I can't see them getting by on talented players alone.

Holland? Inconsistent right now - capable of winning the whole thing or crashing out in the first round. The tie against Scotland demonstrated that nicely. In one leg they were utter crap, losing to a team they shouldn't be losing to (no offence Rob) and in the second they were gloriously magnificent. How they do depends on which Holland turns up in Portugal.

Speaking of Holland, me and a whole gang of Dutch and German folks are making a night out of the Holland Germany match, with me (and most of the others it seems) solidly behind the Germans. Speaking of Germany, NEVER count them out. What they lack in raw talent they make up for in workrate, discipline and teamwork.

And for the record, the Czech Republic are overated in my opinion. They never qualify for the world cup, but everyone still trips up over themselves to say how brilliant they are.

A bit like Wales.

Except the bit about everyone saying how brilliant they are.

And Sweden? Most underated team in the tournament, maybe the world. Don't be surprised to see them do well. But they won't win the tourny. Probably.

06-01-2004, 10:55 AM
On the other hand, would I be the first person to do the "I think Latvia will win it" joke if I did it now?

Dazz
06-01-2004, 12:11 PM
The Czech's got to the Euro 96 final so everyone thinks that they can do it again :lol:

The Duck
06-01-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm going with Italy. Defensively they SHOULD be fantastic, which is what the likes of France could be lacking going into the competition. They've got the proven fire-power of Vieri and if Totti is on-song and finally reaches his potential at International level then I really can't see past them.

Team Sheep
06-01-2004, 01:00 PM
My Predictions

Group A

Winners: Portugal
Runners-up: Spain

Group B

Winners: France
Runners-up: England

Group C

Winners: Italy
Runners-up: Sweden

Group D

Winners: Germany
Runners-up: Czech Republic

Quarter Finals

Portugal vs England

Spain vs France

Italy vs Czech Republic

Sweden vs Germany

Semi Finals

Portugal vs Italy

Sweden vs France

Final

France vs Italy

European Champions:

ITALIA

Rob
06-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Holland? Inconsistent right now - capable of winning the whole thing or crashing out in the first round. The tie against Scotland demonstrated that nicely. In one leg they were utter crap, losing to a team they shouldn't be losing to (no offence Rob) and in the second they were gloriously magnificent. How they do depends on which Holland turns up in Portugal.

We were better than them at Hampden but they weren't utter crap by any stretch. They were freaking awesome 4 days later though. And you are right, they shouldn't be losing to teams like us but we are kinda a bogey team for them.

Team Sheep
06-01-2004, 04:54 PM
When you said Scotland are a bogey team for Holland, does that mean that Scotland beat Holland on a regular basis?

Rob
06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Not at all. It means when we have had to, we usually get a decent result against them. Their win record is still better than ours.

Team Sheep
06-02-2004, 09:13 AM
By the way, my new euro 2004 website address is www.euro-portugal2004.com if you wanna take a look. All aboard the showboat :D .

toxic rooster
06-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Can someone settle a bet?

When France won Euro 2000, who scored the winning goal? I'm pretty sure it was Wiltord, but my mate reckons it was Trez.

toxic rooster
06-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Oh that's right, Wiltord got the equaliser, Trez got the winner.

My bad.

El Capitano Gatisto
06-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Seedorf has refused to line out for Holland if he isn't picked in his favoured positon - behind the striker(s).

What a fucking dickhead. The Dutch are a group of bastards. Van Der Vaart should be in there, behind Van Nistelpuff.

LK
06-05-2004, 03:27 PM
I think either France, Italy or Portugal will win. Holland are a team of individuals and so I don't see them winning.

Dazz
06-05-2004, 03:34 PM
It's out of Italy and Germany.

Rob
06-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Holland were great today :p

:shifty:

yianni
06-06-2004, 09:00 AM
By the way, my new euro 2004 website address is www.euro-portugal2004.com if you wanna take a look. All aboard the showboat :D .

Good site man. :D

Kid Robb
06-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Like the look of France... but go Spain.

Why is Mendieta not in the squad just quietly?

Dazz
06-06-2004, 04:13 PM
I don't rate Pauleta at all.

Deco, Figo, Ronaldo, Costinha, Maniche, Paulo Ferreira, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Carvalho, Nuno Valente, Petit, Simao Sabrosa and Rui Costa are all quality players.

Chelsea look to be set on buying Ferreira and Deco for £13 and £20 million respectably. I haven't really seen much of Ferraira but I would never rate a full back at that price. I think Mourinho is trying to help his old club out.

Mr. Monday Morning
06-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Puyol would easily fetch upwards of £13m if he were ever available

Wengerland
06-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Well unless they're leading us into a huge false sense of security i wouldn't think Germany would have much chance.They lost 2-0 at home to Hungary tonight.I still think they'll be out at the group stages.One of the teams in their group,Czech Republic,won 2-0 but Milan Baros went off injured after 36 minutes.

France got a late winner from Zidane to beat Ukraine tonight,didn't see much of it so i can't really judge.

Ferreira is a good player,the one Porto were most concerned about losing and considering Deco's performances,that tells you something.

El Capitano Gatisto
06-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Chelsea look to be set on buying Ferreira and Deco for £13 and £20 million respectably. I haven't really seen much of Ferraira but I would never rate a full back at that price. I think Mourinho is trying to help his old club out.

Price doesn't matter to Chelsea, so it's irrelevant. A quality player is a quality player.

However, Ferreira is the closet thing to Cafu I have ever seen (apart from the actual Cafu, that is). Tireless attacking fullback, but also excellent defensively.

Dazz
06-07-2004, 01:46 PM
So basically a Roberto Carlos who can also defend.

I know money is no object and all the rest of it, but still, the fact we are spending over the top prices for players is why stuff like season ticket prices ar still on the increase. This season my ticket costs £40 more, which isn't too bad because my parents pay for it, nah joke, what makes the price bad is that it has included all domestic games in the past, but now F.A Cup and League cup are seperate :|. Thats fucking ridulous, we spend so much money that ticket prices go up so Abramovich can recoup so money.

It was probably Kenyon's idea for the ticket prices so he can get an even fatter pocket, stupid manc twat.

Rob Ban Fan
06-07-2004, 06:34 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I dunno how it is with other clubs but i have to get cup tickets seperatly too. It has its good points i spose.</font>

The Mackem
06-07-2004, 06:59 PM
England will win it. If not Portugal will.

Dazz
06-07-2004, 08:15 PM
LOL Mackem if I knew you in real life I would give you odds of about 15-1 on a ten pound bet that neither team wins it.

Frank Grimes Jnr
06-07-2004, 11:21 PM
I'd go with Germany.
They're always good value when playing in big tounaments. Take the last World Cup as an example. They always step up to the big occassion.

Runner-up: Holland

Dark Horse: Croatia

Dazz
06-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah I can see the Croats coming second and us getting knocked out of the group stages.

20/1 for Germany, bet on it.

Holland won't be runners up, garuntered, they are shit.

Frank Grimes Jnr
06-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Can't wait to see the England VS Croatia match.
The hooligans are gonna run wild. I love that shit.

Dazz
06-07-2004, 11:38 PM
I used to like hoolagnism, but it will mess up Englands chances, I want our fans to behave well.

The Mackem
06-08-2004, 06:08 AM
Is that you Dazz? "The Arse Bandit"?

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Portugal or France.

Loose Cannon
06-12-2004, 02:22 PM
GREECE: 2
Portugal: 0

Wow, wtf with Portugual? It's like World CUP 2002 ALL OVER AGAIN.

Wengerland
06-12-2004, 03:03 PM
BRILLIANT

Final Score: Greece 2-1 Portugal

Zagorakis :love:

yianni
06-12-2004, 03:24 PM
It's 4:15am and I've just come back from a mates place watching Greece beat Portugal.

I'm tired but I don't care - WHAT A FUCKING WIN by Hellas! :D

Portugal were pretty ordinary I have to say. :| Nice goal by Ronaldo at the end, but his bad for giving away the penalty for the 0-2. Fucking nice finish by Karagounis for the 0-1, but what was with the Portugese defending? They just let him go for the shot. :|

Ah well doesn't matter, I just can't believe Greece won. I thought they were good enough to draw (cos we drew with Portugal 1-1 in a friendly in Portugal recently) but given the poor results in pre-Euro 2004 friendlies, plus the home ground advantage for Portugal, I didn't think we'd even bother coming close to drawing!

Ole ole ole ole Hellas Hellas! :D!

Rob
06-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Greece deserved it. They were tough but fair and got stuck in and never let Portugal play their free flowing game. I said after 2 minutes I thought they would win because the Portugese team is full of pretty boys who don't like getting stuck in. Peter Schmeichel is right saying Rui Costa, Figo and Fernando Couto are past it. Ronaldo was their best player by a mile and he only got a 7/10 tops.

I think Portugal are hugely overhyped

I think you just got proved right mate.

Changed my pick to Sweden two weeks ago and I'm glad I did.

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Greece was the better team. I'm no soccer expert, but I do try to watch it more these days, Greece was better.

yianni
06-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Group A Match 1:

Portugal 1: Christiano Ronaldo (90')
Greece 2: Giorgos Karagounis (7'), Angelos Basinas (51'-Pen)

Yellow Cards:
Portugal - Francisco Costinha (21'), Pedro Pauleta (57')
Greece - Giorgos Karagounis (39'), Panagiotis Fissas (45'), Giorgos Seitaridis (76')

Half Time: 0-1
Referee: P. Collina
Venue: Estadio do Dragao
Attendance: 52,000

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Spain and Russia are just about to play.

Go USSR!

John la Rock
06-12-2004, 04:13 PM
VIVE LA FRANCE!!!!

yianni
06-12-2004, 04:16 PM
I would be very surprised if Spain lost.

Then again, they always underachieve in major competitions like Holland. :-\

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 04:43 PM
0-0 tie at the half. Lots of the play has been down in Russia's end, but they've had some chances on counter attack.

Um... Too many yellow cards for Russia.

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Mind you Smertin did get away with one.

Wengerland
06-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah,both Russia's central defenders have been booked,aswell as the holding midfielder,so they've got to be careful.

Pretty good skill by Alenichev to get a chance and Vicente has looked dangerous for Spain.

RBF will be happy if thats true about Smertin at Portsmouth for another year aswell.

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Spain is full of fucking actors. Marchena trying to draw a penalty.

Does soccer have penalties for divers?

They should.

Loose Cannon
06-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get a foul called on you or even get carded for a dive. So many palyers do it though. Sometimes the guy might of really got taken down and the ref doesn't cal it cause that particular player was/is notorious for diving. That's where diving a lot can hurt you

Rob
06-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Valeron scored.

yianni
06-12-2004, 05:11 PM
1-0 to Spain. Valeron on 60 minutes.

The Mask
06-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Greece played good football, they could've doen with more possession though. portugal should've won it by a country mile but they were shite.

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Why does the soccer ball look so stupid. Stick with the traditional looking ball.

YOUR Hero
06-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Russia looks beat. Even though they have 12 minutes to go.

The Mask
06-12-2004, 05:32 PM
there's not really sucha thing as a traditional ball these days :$

I quite like this one anyway. The ones used in CL matches are better though, cause you can see clearly how the ball is spinning.

The Mask
06-12-2004, 05:33 PM
CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL

fuck me :$

Rob Ban Fan
06-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Spain is full of fucking actors. Marchena trying to draw a penalty.

Does soccer have penalties for divers?

They should.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Diving or simulation is a yellow card offence but the problem is, since its all going so fast its difficult to tell between dives and genuine fouls so a lot of dives don't get picked out and the players get away with it (Although it usually gets picked up when looking at replays and the player gets slaughtered the next day in the press.)

I was impressed with Smertin. Typical performance from him, always giving 100%. He's not a central defender and he's about 5'2" so he was disadvantaged there but he gave it his all and didn't do too badly.

Legend :cool:

Good win for the Greeks, I didnt fancy Portugal much before the tournament, Figo is past it. I fancy them even less now.</font>

The Outlaw
06-12-2004, 05:57 PM
:D:D:D

Wengerland
06-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I can actually see Greece going through,Spain weren't that impressive so i think the Greeks could win all their games,or at least draw,and i'm assuming they'll beat Russia :o.Their coach seemed to be getting pretty mad considering they led for almost all the match,and it was their first ever tournament win.:$

Wengerland
06-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Also,can the word 'predictions' be removed from the topic title,packt up (or Hero).I mean seeing as they're aren't any other threads i suppose this could be the official one.

That's if everyone is happy for that to happen.:$

Rob Ban Fan
06-12-2004, 06:27 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">this is what I was saying.

Considering Spain and Portugal are meant to be some of the favourites, they haven't look all that impressive. I think we genuinely have a chance. We have a very good record competitlvy under Sven.

The only teams im worried about are France and Italy and I still don't think France are going to do it.

If we make sure we don't get too cocky and we realise we have to put in as much effort against Switzerland and Croatia as we do against France, we could win the group.</font>

Dazz
06-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Spain looked week, if they can't finish then they aren't going to get very far, good to see the Pourtagese lose, because everyone gives them too much praise.

Now just waiting for the Czech's to lose so people can stop going on about them.

Germany are 5/2 to win their group, a £10 bet gives you back £25, if I had the wonga I'd make that bet.

Cactus Sid
06-12-2004, 07:49 PM
I think you just got proved right mate.

:D

Greece played brilliantly and it totally undid the Portugese. They were expecting Greece to sit in their half for 90 minutes, and when they didn't, they were exposed exactly as what they are, overrated sh</>ite. As much as I hate to say it, Ronaldo was immense when he came on, but everyone else just didn't look bothered.

Mind you, I was loving it when he conceded the penalty :D

Cactus Sid
06-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Also, for tomorrow, Pro Evo has it down as a 1-1 draw.

Trezeguet to score round about half way through the first half, with an Ashley Cole mistake, and Ledley King grossly out of position.

Beckham to score a penalty, round about 70 minutes, after Lampard gets hacked by Gallas.

Dazz
06-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Gallas doesn't conceed penalties, sorry to dissapoint you, also, I can't see Lampard playing :(.

Cactus Sid
06-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Pro Evo NEVER LIES :mad:

Although..... Portugal won 1-0, and Spain/Russia was 1-1.....

Dazz
06-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Sorry Sid, but you have been mislead.

2-1 to France

Wengerland
06-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Pretty sure i heard the team has been confirmed,with King playing,aswell as Lampard.Well thats what i saw on teletext i think.

I actually got 1-1 on pes for that game,England took the lead from a penalty after 2 minutes.Then i beat France 3-0.:cool:

The Duck
06-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Gary Neville should be playing centre-back with Carragher or P Neville at right back. The guy has Champions' League and MORE Premiership experience at that position than King.

Loose Cannon
06-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Now just waiting for the Czech's to lose so people can stop going on about them.

I hope my boys get through thier group and beat England just so they can shut you up. Sorry other England fans :(

Kid Robb
06-12-2004, 10:30 PM
I've watched a fair bit of Spain recently, and I reckon that if they play shithouse and win, it's a good sign.

They can be either really terrible or really good. At their best they're up there with the best sides in the world, but most of the time they underachieve to all buggery. At times in the World Cup they looked decent, and let's face it, they were unlucky that Korea got past them on the back of some pretty average refereeing (only reason Korea got as far as they did).

Spain vs Greece should be pretty good.

Danny Electric
06-12-2004, 10:32 PM
The Czechcs have a good side.
It's a better side than the Germans, who to be fair do suck.
One of there best players isn't there due to a psychological breakdown earlier on in the season, they needed Deisler.

yianni
06-13-2004, 02:14 AM
I can actually see Greece going through,Spain weren't that impressive so i think the Greeks could win all their games,or at least draw,and i'm assuming they'll beat Russia :o.Their coach seemed to be getting pretty mad considering they led for almost all the match,and it was their first ever tournament win.:$

I think it's a good thing that he got animated on the coaches bench even though we were winning (convincingly) throughout the game. I guess it shows that he's not satisfied with just winning, he wants to do it well. He's a good coach, I remember reading comments leading up to the game where he's accepted Greece would be the enormous underdog against Portugal, but that they would use that tag well and beat them. He looks like the sort of man who would keep the lid on the players and not get them too over-confident going into Wednesday's game against Spain. I also like him cos he took Greece to Euro 80 (first European finals we've made) then came back and led us to Euro 04. :p

yianni
06-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Spain vs Greece should be pretty good.

Possibly another 0-1 result just like the qualifying stage? :p

Dazz
06-13-2004, 08:04 AM
Gary Neville should be playing centre-back with Carragher or P Neville at right back. The guy has Champions' League and MORE Premiership experience at that position than King.
:lol: :rofl: :wtf: :?: Gary Neville is a shit defender, in fact both of them are, they are better attacking then they are defending, I would not trust Gary Neville at centre back. Everyone knows that Phil Neville is a joke in defence and as he is more of a left back then right back anyway, I have said for years that Carragher should be Englands right back and I still stick by that. Watch how much room Gary Neville gives people to operate, he holds off the whole time, plus he has one hell of a shit moustache and he spends half the game whining to the ref, he is such a prick.

I hope my boys get through thier group and beat England just so they can shut you up. Sorry other England fans :(

I'm not even too sure England will qualify from their group, and we can't meet you till the semi's, and like you'll get there, neither of our teams will.

Rob
06-13-2004, 09:43 AM
I don't like Gary Neville but he is far from sh</>it. This just shows why they should have brought Wes Brown. Gary should play centre back today though. Carragher is mince.

El Capitano Gatisto
06-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Portugal need to drop Couto. He has wasn't even good when he was in his prime. Ricardo Carvalho should take his place, he is top class.

Deco should be on for Rui Costa. I didn't see the matches yesterday, haven't seen highlights either, but I heard leading up to the first match that Big Phil was going to persist with Couto and Costa. Seems a bit stupid. Deco, Figo and Ronaldo/Simao behind Pauleta would be tough to beat.

Glad to hear Spain got a win under their belts. Portugal vs. Spain is going to be a really hot match now, because it will definitely be crucial.

Danny Electric
06-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Portugal v Spain is going to be an amazing game because Portugal really need to win it.
I can see it being a high scoring match, hopefully like Spain v Yugoslavia in the last tournament. Quality game.

Sephiroth
06-13-2004, 12:41 PM
0-1 for England

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 01:57 PM
0-0 between Switzerland and Croatia at half time,at the minute neither really looks like they could pose a major problem to England or France.

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Can one of you guys like put the England/France game on like a webcast type of thing so I can watch. Thanks :)

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 02:00 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">LOL @ Haas messing up the offside trap.

The ref has been giving too many freekicks, its not been able to flow properly but England shouldn't be worried by either of them, still, lets not get cocky.</font>

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Can one of you guys like put the England/France game on like a webcast type of thing so I can watch. Thanks :)

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">If its not on TV for you lot but you want to keep track, if you go to the BBC site they should have text commentery and I think probably audio and maybe visual commentery somewhere.

www.bbc.co.uk/football (http://www.bbc.co.uk/football)</font>

Rob
06-13-2004, 02:52 PM
BBC are doing webcasts apparently

YOUR Hero
06-13-2004, 03:00 PM
No soccer on today for me. This is bullshit. How is a guy trying to get into it supposed to with one day of coverage? :n:

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Finished 0-0 in the Swiss game.Not particularly good but the Swiss fans seemed quite good and enthusiastic.

Stupid reason to get sent off so now Vogel is missing for the England game.

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 03:02 PM
No soccer on today for me. This is bullshit. How is a guy trying to get into it supposed to with one day of coverage? :n:

Seems hard to believe that at least the England/France game isn't on,considering they're 2 of the best teams in the competition.

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 03:04 PM
LOL @ the Swiss keeper though,nearly conceding from that clearance and then when he headed it off the line.

Ogen
06-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Getting close now C'MON FRANCE.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:kxYm6yqCVoEJ:www.enchantedlearning.com/

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:JWLThZOCHY8J:www.footballfan.jp/poster/091

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 03:20 PM
WOOOOOO, I can listen to the game. Thanks Rob Ban Fan

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 03:41 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">no problem :p

COME ON ENGLAND</font>

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 03:42 PM
So what French team is going to show up today. The one from World Cup 2002 or the one from Euro 2000? How have they been doing in some matches cause they didn't even need to qualify for this. I wonder how they have been playing?

Rob
06-13-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm betting on the World Cup team showing up

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 03:50 PM
lol at the boos at the French Anthem. Gotta love football fans. Yeah, I'm thinking that team will show up too. That Henry is scary though.

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 03:51 PM
So what French team is going to show up today. The one from World Cup 2002 or the one from Euro 2000? How have they been doing in some matches cause they didn't even need to qualify for this. I wonder how they have been playing?

They did have to qualify,they won 8 out of 8 in their group but it didn't feature any other decent teams really.They beat Ukraine 1-0 at home in their last game before the tournament,and Andorra 4-0.

Ogen
06-13-2004, 03:52 PM

They did have to qualify for this and won all their games doing so. They are easily the best team in Europe with at the moment with Italy a good bit off in second. If France pllay to their abilty then they'll the thing whether they do is another thing.

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh, I thought if you win the thing, you don't have to qualify for the next one. I thought you get in automatically. No?

Ogen
06-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Not anymore used to be like that but they changed it as its a hinderence really as you don't play any compettitve games to prepare. Look at France at the last world cup and how Portugal started this one neither team had played a proper match in 2 years

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 04:32 PM
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ENGLAND: 1
FRANCE:0

Ogen
06-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Beckham is a diving fuck

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 04:40 PM
WOOOOOOOOOO

It's been fairly even,i would say France have dominated possession and things but England are defending deeper.

El Capitano Gatisto
06-13-2004, 04:42 PM
That goal has glossed over a terrible performance from Lampard and Beckham.

Scholes has been excellent, as good as Zidane. Gerrard and Rooney, as well as the English defence, have been good too. Really Lampard and Beckham were the ones conceding possession too easily and letting England down in the first half.

France are unlucky. I had a feeling when Beckham went down, he was going to swing in a good free kick and score from it. It seemed like the likeliest way England were going to score.

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 04:45 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, i felt that too. Owen needs to get into the game too and we need to pass it about more, we've got Gerrard and Scholes in the team, we shouldnt have to resort to hoofing it up the field.

France can feel hard done by but if it stays this way, ill take a win anyway we get it. :p</font>

Goldbird
06-13-2004, 04:45 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, i felt that too. Owen needs to get into the game too and we need to pass it about more, we've got Gerrard and Scholes in the team, we shouldnt have to resort to hoofing it up the field.

France can feel hard done by but if it stays this way, ill take a win anyway we get it. :p</font>

Owen's job today is to pressurise the 2 central defenders.

toxic rooster
06-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Did you hear them fans singing "ARE YOU SCOTLAND, ARE YOU SCOTLAND, ARE YOU SCOTLAND IN DISGUISE"

El Capitano Gatisto
England don't want to be sitting back that far in the second half and trying to hold out. Henry has been quiet, and I really think he'll try to pull out wide and get into the game more this half. England are defending very deeply, so if Zidane and Henry come from deep, I can see it being troublesome for England. They need to keep the ball more efficiently.

toxic rooster
PS STUPID "THE MASK". I WANT MY PATRICK VIEIRA AVATAR BACK :rant:

Rob Ban Fan
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">and he has't really done that, he's been deep and hasn't done too much. If we start passing a bit more, keep hold of the ball, hit them on the break when Gallas and Lizarazu are forward, we can win this.

Rooney has been a handful though.</font>

Goldbird
06-13-2004, 04:55 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">and he has't really done that, he's been deep and hasn't done too much. If we start passing a bit more, keep hold of the ball, hit them on the break when Gallas and Lizarazu are forward, we can win this.

Rooney has been a handful though.</font>

But his tricks are getting nowhere, especially since there are always 2 defenders around him. Alright, back in 45 mins time

Ogen
06-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Rooneys been excellent still have faith in France though

toxic rooster
06-13-2004, 05:04 PM
I do say, Pires has put in a decent cross or two

Ogen
06-13-2004, 05:23 PM
HA!

toxic rooster
06-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow, Barthez :eek:

I knew he was going to save that penalty.

Also LOL @ barthez copping one in the face

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 05:41 PM
HOLY SHIT AT ZIDANE

MoRcHeEbA
06-13-2004, 05:43 PM
LOL way too lose England

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 05:44 PM
I don't know if you guys are listening to the same commentary as me, but right before Zidane scored the announcer was saying how Zidane scored with a right smash against England in stoppage time a few years back I guess. Forshawdowing right there.

Goldbird
06-13-2004, 05:45 PM
FUCKING ZIDANE. :mad:

Oxstar
06-13-2004, 05:46 PM
I feel fucking sick now England have lost

toxic rooster
06-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Ah, the beauty of being neutral :cool:

Rob Ban Fan
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I knew he was going to score that, I FUCKING knew it.

I honestly dont know whether to laugh or cry right now. You cant write that bullshit.</font>

Loose Cannon
Don't worry. you'll get past Croatia and the Swiss, I think. :-\

Oxstar
06-13-2004, 05:48 PM
If I wasn't English I would support France

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 05:48 PM
It was really that Barthez save on Becham that gave France hope.

Oxstar
06-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Why didn't Silveste get sent off? Fucking stupid cunt ass ref, it's cause the fucking ref is a german cunt.

Cactus Sid
06-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Oops.

Tony Montana
06-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Takes the piss :(

Wengerland
Why didn't Silveste get sent off? Fucking stupid cunt ass ref, it's cause the fucking ref is a german cunt.

James should have been off too then,by that logic.

toxic rooster
Why didn't Silveste get sent off?
Probably the same reason James didn't get sent off ie I don't know

Cactus Sid
06-13-2004, 05:54 PM
James definetly should of gone

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 05:55 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">It was common sense not to send James off. Yes he should've gone but it was the last minute, they had a penalty, they were going to win, they didnt need to send him off.</font>

toxic rooster
06-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Also, Silvestre didn't get sent off.

Wengerland
Can't really complain,seeing as we lost from a 2 goal lead 4 years ago.

2 goals conceded in injury time though,i thought i was wacthing England,not Leicester.:'(

Tony Montana
I hope Henry gets snapped by Stephane Henchoz and gets a career ending injury. As for that baldy little Chelsea fuck Makele, Rooney should have knocked him out :mad:

Cactus Sid
At the end of the day, England are lucky that Croatia and Switzerland are sh</>it.

El Capitano Gatisto
06-13-2004, 05:57 PM
You can't expect to defend that deep against a team like France and not expect them to score at some point. England didn't defend well so much as France didn't attack very well.

Sometimes it takes a moment of brilliance to win a game, and Zidane is brilliance in human form.

The Mask
06-13-2004, 05:57 PM
We sat back far too much for a 1-0 lead, dumb cunts.

all dirty scousers or ex-scousers to blame too, apart from beckham's penalty, but then that's ex-manc fabien who saved it :shifty:

The Mask
06-13-2004, 05:58 PM
You can't expect to defend that deep against a team like France and not expect them to score at some point. England didn't defend well so much as France didn't attack very well.

Sometimes it takes a moment of brilliance to win a game, and Zidane is brilliance in human form.

I wouldn't count two set pieces as greatness, but fair play to them.

El Capitano Gatisto
06-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't count two set pieces as greatness, but fair play to them.

You wouldn't count that free kick as brilliant?

What standard are you going by here?

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 05:59 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">not really, England are a good team. We just got undone in injury time by a couple of the best players in the world. Part of it was bad luck.

The way Spain and Portugal have looked so far, had we been in a group with them as well as France, id still be convinced we'd go through.</font>

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Owen did nothing aswell.

But yeah we're lucky the others are poor,if we get a lead against both of them and then defend like that then Eriksson would need a slap.

Tony Montana
06-13-2004, 06:00 PM
On a positive note, I was impressed with the performances of Ledley King & Wayne Rooney.

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 06:01 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">and that freekick was class but we were still unlucky. No one would've saved that.</font>

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
Can always rely on Beckham, Heskey, and Gerrard to mess up. :mad:

El Capitano Gatisto
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">not really, England are a good team. We just got undone in injury time by a couple of the best players in the world. Part of it was bad luck.

The way Spain and Portugal have looked so far, had we been in a group with them as well as France, id still be convinced we'd go through. </font>

I think it was luck that got England so far without conceding. It just didn't hold out.

Trust me, when you're an Ireland fan you get used to playing against teams much better than yours, and you just can't play like that and expect your luck to hold. It nearly always breaks. Taking off Rooney and Scholes was a bad move.

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 06:04 PM
I think it was luck that got England so far without conceding. It just didn't hold out.

Trust me, when you're an Ireland fan you get used to playing against teams much better than yours, and you just can't play like that and expect your luck to hold. It nearly always breaks. Taking off Rooney and Scholes was a bad move.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I don't think you could fault the defending. We defended with spirit. No one was going to save that freekick and the penalty was due to a lapse in concentration.

I agree with you, we shouldn't have been in that position in injury time, Heskey was brought on to hold up the ball, not give away freekicks on the edge of the area. And I agree, the substitutions were poor.</font>

Wengerland
06-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Couldn't believe how slow they were to chase in after Barthez was hit in the face from Vassell's shot,Vassell himself had just come on and stood still.:|

Loose Cannon
06-13-2004, 06:06 PM
How far out was the Zidane goal and did the keeper even have a chance at it? I'm gonna see it when they put it up on BBC soon.

Oxstar
06-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok Zidane has a free kick in injury time, if anyone has a brain they would have put a player on each post, so if it goes past the keeper then one of them can stop it.

Ogen
06-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Thats made my weekend.

El Capitano Gatisto
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I don't think you could fault the defending. We defended with spirit. No one was going to save that freekick and the penalty was due to a lapse in concentration.
</font>

Shit teams pack the box all the time to frustrate better sides. It's backs against the wall. It is stupid, in fact, because teams with England's quality would be much better playing their own game instead of letting France come onto them.

I hate the sitting back in your own box form of defending, ever since the day Davor Suker stuck one in against us in the 7th minute of injury time in a Euro 2000 qualifier, and when we threw away a lead in the last minute against Macedonia in the same group. Fortunately, we learned our lesson. England have to do the same now, or else they'll be fucked when they come up against other quality sides in the knock out stages.

Ogen
How far out was the Zidane goal and did the keeper even have a chance at it? I'm gonna see it when they put it up on BBC soon.

Nah James didn't have a chance he didn't see it until it was on its way in

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 06:09 PM

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">a few yards out of the box, centrish, slightly to the right maybe. Curled into the right corner.

Curled into James' right, Zidane's left.

James didnt really have a chance.</font>

El Capitano Gatisto
06-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Ok Zidane has a free kick in injury time, if anyone has a brain they would have put a player on each post, so if it goes past the keeper then one of them can stop it.

Yeah but then France can put Trezeguet on top of David James and he'll be onside, and they can swing it in on top of his head. Some dickhead in my team in uni tried going on the line and straight away the opposition swung it in to an unmarked player who would have been offside otherwise, and he scored.

I've always thought that was a stupid idea. Ron Atkinson used to argue for it all the time.

Cactus Sid
06-13-2004, 06:10 PM
By the looks of things, England will have Spain in the Quarter Finals, I'd fancy them if they didn't lapse in concentration when it really matters.

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Shit teams pack the box all the time to frustrate better sides. It's backs against the wall. It is stupid, in fact, because teams with England's quality would be much better playing their own game instead of letting France come onto them.

I hate the sitting back in your own box form of defending, ever since the day Davor Suker stuck one in against us in the 7th minute of injury time in a Euro 2000 qualifier, and when we threw away a lead in the last minute against Macedonia in the same group. Fortunately, we learned our lesson. England have to do the same now, or else they'll be fucked when they come up against other quality sides in the knock out stages.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I agree, thats why I think it was stupid to take Scholes off because he was winning the ball for us and he was passing well. And I said the exact same thing, we should be playing our game. But the defence was holding up, Henry and Trezeguet were frustrated, their heads were dropping, they were reduced to trying hopeless shots from far out. Until that freekick.

Its just shitty when stuff like that happens.

But i agree with you about having people on the post too. I always cack it when Portsmouth do that.</font>

Dazz
06-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Wanna hear my two cents? Good:

Erickson lost that game for us, Scholes and Rooney were playing well, two of our best players, and he brings on Heskey and Hargreaves, Heskey was hugely to blame for the first goal.

James did the right thing for the penalty, blame Stevie Gerrard, what was the dickhead thinking.

Lampard should have taken the penatly, sorry to sound bias towards my boys, but Lampard takes them for Chelsea and Beckham isn't the most reliable penalty taker, good save from Barthez though.

I called it as being 2-1 to France before the game, if only I had bet on it :'(.

Rob Ban Fan
06-13-2004, 06:30 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I don't think Lampard's penalties are much better either to be honest. Both Beckham and Lampard tend to just smack them from what i've seen.

GOD :'(</font>

Dazz
06-13-2004, 06:35 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I don't think Lampard's penalties are much better either to be honest. Both Beckham and Lampard tend to just smack them from what i've seen.

GOD :'(</font>

Thats nice RBF, but your wrong, you see, Beckham does stupid things like against Turkey and today, Lampard does good things like scored against Given and Howard from the spot this season, think before you speak.

El Capitano Gatisto
06-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Barthez guessed right and pulled off a good save. If I was English, I'd be more inclined to be pissed off at Beckham for playing absolutely shite throughout the match. He's supposed to be one of the best in the world, he looked like a little boy out there.

I'd also be slightly annoyed at Rooney not squaring it for Vassell before that penalty, but he's young and he has big balls. It's good to see.

Dazz
06-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah I have been saying for ages that Rooney is greedy, but if Silvestre hadn't fouled him then he would have been in just as good a position as Vassell, so you cant blame him for that.

It was a good save, but Becks could have hit it further over.

Cactus Sid
06-13-2004, 07:08 PM
It was a good save, but it was the perfect height for him.

Danny Electric
06-13-2004, 08:56 PM
I come on here and I see most of you slagging off England. What the fuck, where's your fucking pride. We played great and were unlucky to lose. It was a great free kick but we got nervous at the end.
I'm proud of everyone of those players who played there hearts out for their country. The fans were great.
I'm still shocked at the result, seems like all a blur.
France were shite, our defence was great.
Now get behind the fucking team.

The Mask
06-13-2004, 09:02 PM
You have to be kidding, we got a 1-0 lead and then sat back for the rest of the game, barely even trying to break. You sit back when you have a comfortable lead.

Danny Electric
06-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Sorry I'm still a bit pissed off and pissed.
I agree it was wrong to sit back that much on a 1-0 lead but we played our hearts out.

The Mask
06-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Owen didn't :mad:

Danny Electric
06-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Owen didn't :mad:

True.
Match is coming back to me more and more.Lol.
Was the service there to Owen though? He didn't have a good match, I'm hoping that he wants to prove that he's our best striker and tears apart Henchoz and co.

The Mask
06-13-2004, 09:18 PM
The service would be there if he ever tried losing his marker.

Danny Electric
06-13-2004, 09:20 PM
The service would be there if he ever tried losing his marker.

Lol, as I said let's hope he destroys the Swiss and makes this country happy.

I haven't had tears in my eyes in ages. I nearly hit some French person at my SU who in front of a bunch of England fans started to wavr his flag and singing songs against us.
What a dick, but I suppose I would have done the same if we had won.

toxic rooster
06-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Just letting you know, if I ever hear Tyldesley say "that night in Lisbon", all hell is gonna break loose :mad:

Penner
06-13-2004, 11:59 PM
That was a crazy finish.

Cactus Sid
06-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Just letting you know, if I ever hear Tyldesley say "that night in Lisbon", all hell is gonna break loose :mad:

Most of the UK want to shoot him in the face, so your not alone in your hatred.

toxic rooster
06-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Nice to know I have allies :)

Frank Grimes Jnr
06-14-2004, 06:00 AM
Damn Switzerland!
If Croatia can't beat Switzerland, then its got no chance to beat France and England.

toxic rooster
06-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Croatia <i>did</i> finish 3rd at the 1998 World Cup.

But then again, Holland came 4th and didn't even make the last one.

I forget what my point is. :o.

Dazz
06-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah Tyldsley said 'Every manager and fan is the country is going to be saying 1-0 to Santini' fucking try and jinx us more you ManYoo supporting twat :mad:

Rob
06-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Did you hear them fans singing "ARE YOU SCOTLAND, ARE YOU SCOTLAND, ARE YOU SCOTLAND IN DISGUISE"

After the match on Sky Sports News, Julian Walters reading out emails says "and this one is from Scotland - hahahahahahahahaha"

:lol:

It was so great seeing the English crying in the papers, making all the excuses in the book and fighting again. Stupid bastards.

Rob
06-14-2004, 02:52 PM
From when they were calling England "the new Lisbon Lions", I wanted them to lose.

Said it before, said it last night to Owen and we'll keep on saying it - Erikkson hasn't got a clue. He is tactically naive. Aside from a double in Italy where he spent over £80 million in one year and nearly killed Lazio, he has done nothing in football. He can't be trusted. Remember whn he accepted the Blackburn job years ago only to go back on his word and bankrupt Lazio instead?

Don't care how well they played or how tired they were - If you take off 3 of your best 4 players against arguably the best team in the world, you're gonna pay. Do you think France would sub Henry, Zidane and Trez in the same position?

Y2Ant
06-14-2004, 03:06 PM
James did the right thing for the penalty, blame Stevie Gerrard, what was the dickhead thinking.

Lampard should have taken the penatly, sorry to sound bias towards my boys, but Lampard takes them for Chelsea and Beckham isn't the most reliable penalty taker, good save from Barthez though.

I called it as being 2-1 to France before the game, if only I had bet on it :'(.
:y:

I predicted a Greece upset and didn't put money on that :$

Dazz
06-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Said it before, said it last night to Owen and we'll keep on saying it - Erikkson hasn't got a clue. He is tactically naive. Aside from a double in Italy where he spent over £80 million in one year and nearly killed Lazio, he has done nothing in football. He can't be trusted. Remember whn he accepted the Blackburn job years ago only to go back on his word and bankrupt Lazio instead?

Don't care how well they played or how tired they were - If you take off 3 of your best 4 players against arguably the best team in the world, you're gonna pay. Do you think France would sub Henry, Zidane and Trez in the same position?

Scholesy was injured, Owen was shit, but he should never have taken Rooney off.

Erikkson reminds me of Ranieri, tactically shit, only time he did anything at Chelsea was after spending over £100million.

Also, you saying you said it last night to 'Owen' makes it sound like you mean Michael Owen and not RBF.

Y2Ant
06-14-2004, 03:10 PM
You couldn't take the piss more if you tried though with that finish, we deserved to lose since we sat back for ages and just invited them to come at us again and again and again, but the timing of the goals just made me sick.

Luckily it looks like Switzerland and Croatia are complete shite going off their match though. :o

Oh and LOL @ that commentator saying "Arsenal are making a change" when he meant to say France. :rofl:

Dazz
06-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah sitting back was stupid, we were asking for trouble by relaxing on a one nil lead, we should only have done that had Beckham converted his penalty.

You can't judge teams because of one performance, OK I didn't see the game, but Croatia still worry me.

Wengerland
06-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Denmark 0-0 Italy finished.

Much better game that the Croatia/Switzerland draw and Denmark were quite unlucky.Both keepers were class though.

Rouge Horseman
06-14-2004, 03:37 PM
This is LC. Yeah, today's game was alright, a few chances for each team and some nice saves by each keeper. I thought Italy would play a little better though. Well, at least I got to see the game and see one of my favorites(Vieri) :D

Y2Ant
06-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Buffon :cool:

Mr. Monday Morning
06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
lol last night you all got to feel what it's like to be a Wolves fan every week :$ :'(

The Mask
06-14-2004, 04:22 PM
pretty boring games today

Mr. Monday Morning
06-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Ljungberg just put Sweden up 1-0

Wengerland
06-14-2004, 04:46 PM
lol last night you all got to feel what it's like to be a Wolves fan every week :$ :'(

I said the same about Leicester.:'(

Wengerland
06-14-2004, 04:48 PM
This game is turning out to be alright.Stoichkov said that Martin Petrov could be the new umm...Stoichkov, and he's looked quite good down the left.Sweden haven't looked as good defensively as normal but they have a good attack,i think them and Denmark are pretty underrated.