PDA

View Full Version : "Super Smash Bros. Revolution" thread [NOW ONLINE!]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Savio
06-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Offical Site:
http://www.smashbros.com/
-------------------------------
May 17, 2005 - At its pre-E3 2005 press conference in Los Angeles, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata spoke about the company's next-generation console, codenamed Revolution. Iwata specifically revealed some of the games in development for the system.

Fans of Super Smash Bros (http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615412p1.html?fromint=1#). Melee are in for a doubly sweet treat. Iwata said that Nintendo (http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615412p1.html?fromint=1#) is hard at work on a Super Smash Bros (http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615412p1.html?fromint=1#). sequel that will debut for the launch of Revolution. The system is scheduled to ship in mid-2006, according to reports. Better yet, this new Revolution Smash Bros. will take advantage of the console's Wi-Fi capabilities for online play out of the box.
No further details on Revolution Super Smash Bros. have been revealed, but gamers can expect to hear much more on the anticipated fighter sequel in the coming months. (IGN.com)
--------------------------------
So who do you want in this new game?

2 names I hope they pick are King Dee Dee and Wario.

Gouda
06-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I think Dee Dee (or DeDeDe as they call him now) is a must have.

Then you can have.... Geno! If they can do that.

loopydate
06-11-2005, 01:49 PM
More Earthbound characters. Playing as Poo would be greatness.

road doggy dogg
06-11-2005, 01:57 PM
asdfsfhh5335ehdfh

:heart:

Revolution will rock my soxxxxx

Savio
06-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Who is Geno?

Vietnamese Crippler
06-11-2005, 02:19 PM
:nono:

He was one of the main characters in Super Mario RPG

Vietnamese Crippler
06-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I think Dee Dee (or DeDeDe as they call him now) is a must have.

Then you can have.... Geno! If they can do that.

If they did have Geno, they have to put in his 999 damage attack :o

Shadow
06-11-2005, 05:39 PM
How about.......Megaman. Seriouslly...Megaman would rock in SSB!

And then you could have either Protoman or Bass as his counterpart since I've noticed that SSB likes to have a counterpart to every character. If there is one at least.

Loose Cannon
06-11-2005, 05:43 PM
:drool:

Shadow
06-11-2005, 05:50 PM
:drool:

Did I do something right?

road doggy dogg
06-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Megaman is Capcom, not Nintendo.

Besides, he's already in the Marvel vs Capcom games :p

Shadow
06-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Megaman is Capcom, not Nintendo.

Besides, he's already in the Marvel vs Capcom games :p

Oh I know that. But Megaman is still a big part of Nintendo's gameing history. I just find it a shame that he's not in any of the Super Smash Bros. Games.

Savio
06-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Protoman!? Jump, shoot, Jump, shoot, song?

Shadow
06-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Protoman!? Jump, shoot, Jump, shoot, song?

What about his beam saber?

Cool King
06-11-2005, 06:54 PM
They will probably add Ash (from Pokemon) since they have most of the Pokemon characters.

Savio
06-15-2005, 03:20 PM
What about his beam saber?thats zero.

Savio
06-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Guess What they say its going to be online.

Jonster
06-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Guess What they say its going to be online.
You've already mentioned that.

Jonster
06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
OK, didn't see the edit, but didn't they say it was gonna be online when they mentioned it at E3?

Ninti the Mad
06-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, this whole thread is old news.

Try bumping this thread whens ome pics come out. Otherwise, everything was covered at E3.

Savio
06-17-2005, 12:25 PM
is there any set date for new pics?

Ninti the Mad
06-17-2005, 02:01 PM
I dunno.

Nintendo is too damn secretive.

egoslam
06-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Fuck Pokemon and Earthbound characters (though E.B. is a good game)! They need to put Pit from Kid Icarus in there. That was such a great game and only had versions on NES and the original Game Boy.

MVP
07-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Fuck Pokemon and Earthbound characters (though E.B. is a good game)! They need to put Pit from Kid Icarus in there. That was such a great game and only had versions on NES and the original Game Boy.That's why he won't make the cut.

I'm also for getting rid of the Pokemon characters. Does anyone ever play as Pikachu?

Savio
07-10-2005, 02:37 AM
I've seen it.
---------------
What about mr game and watch or Ice climbers, MVP?

road doggy dogg
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Fuck Pokemon and Earthbound characters (though E.B. is a good game)! They need to put Pit from Kid Icarus in there. That was such a great game and only had versions on NES and the original Game Boy.

What are you talking about? Ness is one of the best Melee characters through both games. Quit crying plz

Savio
07-10-2005, 03:21 AM
who is pit anyway?

darkpower
07-10-2005, 04:24 AM
They will probably add Ash (from Pokemon) since they have most of the Pokemon characters.
Maybe...if only they could use that to add the Team Rocket Gang characters, that would be very cool. My thought would be they'd be the most used characters in the game.

Maybe they can also add Samus-X from Metroid Fusion, with some more wicked powers than her face counterpart.

But the best thing about it is the online capability. Seems like Nintendo's finally getting it. I'm just hoping that they get a Metroid game out on it that takes advantage of it (can you tell how into Metroid I am yet).

Cool King
07-10-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm also for getting rid of the Pokemon characters. Does anyone ever play as Pikachu?

I do, he's my best character, I kick everyones ass with him.:D

Loose Cannon
07-10-2005, 09:03 AM
as long as they keep Ness, I'm cool

UmbrellaCorporation
07-10-2005, 09:41 PM
I'd rather have Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, and the Sonic crew as opposed to Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and the like.

Granted, removing DK and Yoshi won't happen, but I'd like to see Sonic characters in there.

Savio
07-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Sonic will never be in there.

Savio
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM
^Actually maybe he will now.

NewCharaters:
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Meta-Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Solid Snake (why?????)

Pics (there are more):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Ssbbrawl5.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/SSBBSnake.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2f/Ssbbrawl2.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/Ssbbrawl1.jpg

road doggy dogg
05-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm not so sure about the online-ness, in the other thread I remember reading that they were having trouble making it online or some such. Would be a HUGE disappointment if it wasn't though.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
If they don't put Sonic and crew in there, Nintendo is ridiculous.

I marked out for Solid Snake and Meta Knight, especially. Don't really care to have another Mario related person in Wario, but meh, the more the merrier, I guess.

This poses another question: If these are some of the BASIC new characters, who will we be getting for secrets this time around?

UmbrellaCorporation
05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not so sure about the online-ness, in the other thread I remember reading that they were having trouble making it online or some such. Would be a HUGE disappointment if it wasn't though.

Yeah, it totally would be. This game is super fast paced though. Lag would be TERRIBLE on this.

DS
05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I don't know where you're getting that it's online. Sakurai said that he will try and take the game online but he thinks it will be hard to make a four-player online work.

Vietnamese Crippler
05-11-2006, 02:49 PM
E3 2006: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii's big brawler is full of surprises. First details and screenshots inside!
by IGN Staff

May 10, 2006 - Nintendo just pulled a fast one on us. At an after-hours press briefing a mere minute ago, the company pulled another ace out of its sleeve: Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- the next installment in Nintendo's popular Super Smash Bros. series.

Shigeru Miyamoto himself has confirmed the following playable characters:

Pit (Kid Icarus)

Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Zero Suit Samus (the blue "no-suit" Samus from Metroid: Zero Mission)

Metaknight (Kirby)

Wario (Wario)

Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

The game also features a range of new nasty toys, such as the ability to unleash a puppy from Nintendogs that will run up to the screen, put its paws up and obscure the view of the action. Mario, Kirby, Pikachu and Link have been confirmed as returning characters. Sakurai confirmed that Wario actually has a fart attack and that Solid Snake can use his trusty cardboard box. In the video trailer, Snake gets out of the box and says "It's showtime!"

"We thought a lot about what to do with Snake and his moves in Super Smash Bros. Brawl," said Sakurai. "As you all know Snake walks around with a gun, but with Super Smash Bros. I didn't want to bring in a lot of real weapons. So that was a real challenge. But conversely, if we could use things like rocket launchers and other explosives, not only would that be fitting for Snake, but it would work for the other characters. But who knows. Maybe Snake will exclusively use explosives throughout the game."

Sakurai said the decision to include Solid Snake when Hideo Kojima himself practically "begged" to include the Metal Gear character in the last Smash Bros. game. When asked about the possibility of Sonic the Hedgehod appearing in the game as well, Shigeru Miyamoto said: "There are probably possibilities for other third parties as well, and it maybe that even know there are corporate discussions going on about including some of these other characters."

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

The bad news is that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will no longer be a Wii launch title, but will instead be released in 2007.

- revolution.ign.com

Savio
05-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Seriously now that it is possible for 3rd party character to be in I'd like to see

Megaman
Sonic
(DeeDee but he's not 3rd party)
I guess thats it.

I'd take out:
Dr. Mario, Young link, Pichu, Jigglypuff, (Peach but they never will) and Modify Luigi to have his vacuum on.

Too bad only Japan fans can participate in the poll.

Extreme Angle
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
yeah game looks amazing :)
not sure if i am gonna be buying thou...

Funky Fly
05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Why would you take out characters? That's retarded.

Now that they's confirmed that the Revolution can play Revolution games with the Gamecube controller, I am once again optimistic about this system. Still gonna get a PS3 first, but yeah, not so pissed at Nintendo.

Funky Fly
05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Also, WARIO! :love:

*forms W with arms a la Mario Power Tennis*

UmbrellaCorporation
05-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I don't want to see anyone removed, but I see what Savior means.

I'd much rather have Megaman, Sonic, more Earthbound characters, etc, etc,. than 27 more Mario/Zelda clones. Nintendo actually needs variety and needs to realize that everyone doesn't like Zelda. o_O

Savio
05-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Cuz come on Pichu and Young link are exactly the same as there clones. If Character space is not an issue then fine go nuts but if it is then those should be the first to go......actually they should go anyway so scrath that

I hope they still have Roy though.

Kapoutman
05-11-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't really care if it's online or not. I don't really like playing online that much.

I'm glad they put Pit in the game. :love: Now I want Tingle and Little Mac.

Kapoutman
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Double post.

So I'll take this opportunity to say how much I love Wario's biker look.

Savio
05-11-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm glad they put Pit in the game. :love: Now I want Tingle and Little Mac.:lol: I was thinking mike tyson.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-11-2006, 07:00 PM
I vote for Doc Louis.

http://niggastolemybike.ytmnsfw.com/

Think about it. That'd be the greatest cult character EVER.

Dorkchop
05-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I loved the N64 Super Smash Bros, but missed out on the Game Cube one. This sounds pretty good so far.

Like Xero said, Mega Man would be good for this game. I'm talking classic Mega man.

Savio
05-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Here's the trailer BTW:

http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

Funky Fly
05-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I loved the N64 Super Smash Bros, but missed out on the Game Cube one. This sounds pretty good so far.

Like Xero said, Mega Man would be good for this game. I'm talking classic Mega man.
Dude, the GC Smash Bros blows the crap out of the N64 one.

So many little details and huge additions.

94 SVT Cobra
05-11-2006, 11:58 PM

so many little details within those details...oh man, will that game ever get old lol?

Funky Fly
05-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Exactly. To this day, when ever the 3 of us are together, my brothers and I will bust out Smash Bros and have some crazy 3 way brawls.

Dorkchop
05-12-2006, 12:11 AM

:(

I'll just play it on my Wii.

Funky Fly
05-12-2006, 02:22 AM
You fucking better. :mad:

Drakul
05-12-2006, 11:06 AM
E3 2006: Fans Asked to Fill Smash Bros. Roster.
Nintendo of Japan launches online survey.

May 10, 2006 - Right along with the recently unveiled Smash Bros. Brawl trailer, a consumer survey of sorts went up on Nintendo of Japan's website. The poll is designed to give gamers a chance to help build the next chapter in one of the most anticipated franchises in Nintendo's arsenal. After clicking the bottom link on the opening page, a submission form is brought up, allowing fans to write in desired characters or music themes.

We can only imagine what kind of buzz this will cause for the gaming community overseas, as Nintendo has literally opened its mail box for suggestions. While it is only available to Japanese fans, we'll continue to hold our breath for Nintendo of America to release a similar poll here.

You can see the Japanese site by clicking right here (http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/index.html).

Keep checking back at IGN Wii as more develops. We'll be sure to link you to the American version if and when Nintendo makes it available.
From: http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707671p1.html

Hope they have this survey in english soon.

Savio
05-12-2006, 12:07 PM
SSBM is the best <s>game</s> sequal ever.
----------------
I used babelfish to translate the page and got this (rough translation):
====================================================
Whether in the future some character is inserted, still it has not finished to decide.
The previous production it comes out with it does not limit either the character which appears, entirely.

Because is, we want conveying hot キモチ regardless of new.
While being contributed from, it introduces little by little.
That "the う it is the う it is, so so", it probably is the person who is agreed to be.

Simply, because it is not popularity poll, as for continual contribution please do not do. With brief note pouring a spirit into. <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="458"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="37">http://www.smashbros.com/jp/img_cmn/spacer.gif</td> <td class="tx12" width="421">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/jp/img_cmn/spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="37">http://www.smashbros.com/jp/img_cmn/spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/jp/img_cmn/spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="37">http://www.smashbros.com/jp/img_cmn/spacer.gif</td> <td class="tx12" width="421"> Latest ' スマブラ ' with we would like to complete the number of good tunes.
"It should have entered", that if there is a tune and the like which is thought, this please.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Savio
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM
They said every stage will have vocals like the Trailer had. I wish this does not happen I liked the stage music in Melee and think vocals would make them worse

Anyways, what stages do you want to return? My picks;

Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Brinstar (rotating board)

I could live without the other ones from Melee.

Kalyx triaD
06-05-2006, 07:47 AM
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/710/710911/super-smash-bros-brawl-20060601051042843.jpg

UmbrellaCorporation
06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh my <Vermaat>GOODNESS</Vermaat>, that is ridiculously awesome.

:love: :love: :love:

His throws have gotta be CQC or something of the sort.

Savio
08-03-2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290
According to the French-based site LiveWii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl director Masashiro Sakurai commented on Japanese radio's "The Gaming Show" about various changes to the game's roster.

Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridley, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release.

This makes sense considering Bowser Jr. has had more prominent placement in various Mario sports titles, as well as being his dad's right hand man in New Super Mario Bros., and the "Celda" version of Link was seen on GameCube and now on the Nintendo DS in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Plus, with both Samus and Zero Suit Samus appearaning in SSBB, it makes sense her foe would get a chance to fight back.

We've also, unfortunately, learned of three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have no home in SSBB. We don't know who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.

Time to start the guessing game.

road doggy dogg
08-03-2006, 12:19 PM
AWESOME

Not gonna lie, I hate the news of "losing characters", but tbh losing those 3 doesn't bother me really. Young Link is the only one that was actaully any good imo. BOWSER JR > YOUNG LINK THOUGH AMIRITE

Funky Fly
08-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Woop woop.

I've heard that Fawful, of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga fame, was a distinct possibility. Finkrats and fury for all.

Kalyx triaD
08-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Sonic has to make it in. Cloud Strife, a cool idea at first, now seems tacky to me. There's alot of new Pokemon...

Savio
08-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I didn't care about young link or ice climbers but I thought G & W was a decent character.

Tornado
08-04-2006, 07:34 AM
BOWESR JNR :heart::heart:

If Sonic makes it in, how many people are going to have Sonic vs Mario for their first match?

Savio
08-05-2006, 01:06 AM
My first match will be roy vs roy...with special guest ref, Roy

UmbrellaCorporation
08-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Losing game and watch for another crappy Zelda character?

Sorry, this fails.

However, Ridley FTW!

MVP
08-05-2006, 01:18 AM
NO MORE POKEMON PLEASE

Drakul
08-05-2006, 02:21 AM
My guesses are:

Sonic and Pacman for the two other non-Nintendo characters. Sonic since everyones wanted that for ages and Pacman because he was in a recent Mario Kart arcade game.

Drakul
08-05-2006, 03:52 AM
Losing game and watch for another crappy Zelda character?

Sorry, this fails.

However, Ridley FTW!
Well its not really another Zelda character. They took out Young Link and replaced it with the WW Link. All they have done is give Young Link a graphical over-haul and changed his moves.

Savio
08-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Adding sonic and crash would be hot, but I don't believe Crash was ever on a nintendo system.

Maybe they'll put someone on from GTA :shifty:

Kapoutman
08-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Crash appeared in a couple of Gamecube and GBA games.

Lock Jaw
08-05-2006, 10:43 PM
No more Mr. Game & Watch?! I am outraged! Outraged!

Drakul
08-15-2006, 03:53 AM
Anyone got anything they would like in the game?

I wouldn't mind the Airships from Mario 3 as a battle arena. In 3D though, not in the 2D style.

Since its the TP version of Link, do you think he might be able to become a wolf like Zelda became Sheik in Melee?
If Link becomes a wolf do you think maybe Ganondorf will become Ganon?
Actually that could be Ganondorf speacial move.

I really hope they add alot more to Adventure mode. I really enjoyed it in Melee but there wasn't enough Side Scrolling sections. Need more of them.

Drakul
08-15-2006, 03:55 AM
Oh and I hope they bring back the cool entrance things from the frst game. Like Mario coming from a pipe and Pikachu coming out of a Pokeball. Other than that, just something to collect like the trophies and a few retro things here and there should be good.

Pinnacle Charisma
08-15-2006, 07:33 AM
who the fuck is King Dee Dee

Drakul
08-15-2006, 08:32 AM
who the fuck is King Dee Dee
Its King Dedede. He's the bad guy in the Kirby games.
http://smashbrothersonline.com/AdventureMode/KABossKingDedede.jpg

Jaton
08-15-2006, 09:46 AM
No point in debating. If this game is online, I plan on fully and thoroughly owning you all with Snake.

Savio
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
On June 9, 2006, suggestions were no longer taken. In Toukoken, the portion on the Japanese site chronicling character and music suggestion updates, Sakurai has stated that some of the characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee may not return. He also states that he may not want to include many characters who are popular solely in Japan, but is not opposed to them entirely, noting the success that the Fire Emblem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem) characters enjoyed internationally thanks to their inclusion in Melee. He also said that the tentative number of third party characters besides Snake are 1-2 and must have made a appearance on a Nintendo console before.<sup class="reference" id="_ref-3">[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Brothers:_Brawl#_note-3)</sup> In August 2006, Sakurai stated that Sega (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega)'s Sonic the Hedgehog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog) was the most requested third-party character to be included, but this does not mean Sonic's inclusion has been confirmed.<sup class="reference" id="_ref-4">[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Brothers:_Brawl#_note-4)</sup>
In June, Sakurai updated the official website stating that he has to "temporarily stop updating this website as of June, 2006." Sakurai plans on focusing on the actual development of the game, and doesn't plan on updating the website until Brawl is close to release, or "if anything newsworthy comes up".

Savio
11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Does any one know which part of 2007 it'll come out?

edit: TELL ME I CAN'T FIND IT AND I WANT TO KNOW IF I WANT TO PRE oRDER

Savio
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
New SSBB Trailer at IGN.com

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
I can't view it yet though since I'm in class.

road doggy dogg
11-12-2006, 03:14 AM
Can't wait for thissssssss

RoXer
11-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I really want to get this game. Like really. It's got me considering a Wii.

Savio
11-28-2006, 11:24 AM
they Tweaked the last trailer a bit show new stages.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

Edit: I think Goku would be a fine addition to the roster

Vietnamese Crippler
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Snake looks like he's going to be badass :y:

Savio
05-24-2007, 10:59 PM
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/790/790665/super-smash-bros-brawl-20070522101031735.jpg
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/747/747680/super-smash-bros-brawl-20061127022910700.jpg

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/790/790665/super-smash-bros-brawl-20070522101030720.jpg

More at IGN.com

Kalyx triaD
05-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Game's looking sweet.

Drakul
05-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah, looking very good. The smash bros site gets updated weekdaily now so we're getting a few more screenshots and small details aswell.

Savio
05-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Hopefuly they'll show us new peeps next week.

Drakul
05-27-2007, 12:06 AM
At the rate they are showing us people we know are in the game, I'd say it'll be a while before any new characters are revealed. I still think new items, stages and stuff are a possibility to get shown at any update though.

Savio
06-01-2007, 01:19 AM
I'd put 10 down on Sonic being in.

Savio
06-02-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif <!-- entry --> <!-- entry_head --> <table bgcolor="#131313" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="479"> <tbody><tr> <td class="entry_icon04">http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/common/entry_icon_left.gif</td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_10.gif</td> <td width="313"> June 01 Fri. 2007
Delfino Plaza
</td> <td width="27"> </td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> <td width="27"> </td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> <td width="26">http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/category_04.gif (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/list.html)</td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- /entry_head --> <!-- entry --> This is the central town of Isle Delfino, the tropical setting of Super Mario Sunshine.
Wow! That blue ocean is bright on the eyes.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601a.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601a-l.jpg)
Ahh… It makes me want to swim.
This particular battle stage flies around the skies above the island.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601b-l.jpg)
Fly here and there as you look down on the town below.
After a thrilling landing, it becomes a normal battle stage.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601c-l.jpg)
There are several landing points.
This flight path repeats, providing great sightseeing and brawling.
The changing scenery is so beautiful, you get absorbed in it.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601d.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage02/stage02_070601d-l.jpg)
You really feel like a tourist!

mitchables
06-02-2007, 09:39 PM
A tourist engaged in mortal combat, perhaps, but a tourist nonetheless.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-08-2007, 07:42 AM
<table bgcolor="#131313" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="479"><tbody><tr><td>

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_b_01.gif</td> <td width="313"> 08/06/2007 Fri
Four Kinds of Control
</td> <td width="27"> </td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/spacer.gif</td> <td width="27"> </td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/spacer.gif</td> <td width="26">http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/category_03.gif (http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/list.html)</td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/spacer.gif</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- /entry_head --> <!-- entry --> <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="30" cellspacing="0" width="479"> <tbody><tr> <td class="entry f12 s120 c333"> The Wii console really is a versatile piece of hardware.
I mean, when it comes to controllers, there are pretty much four different types.
I guess I have no choice but implement them all!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various01/various01_070608a.jpg
There’s no need to be confused about what does what—just choose the play style you prefer!
I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.
Still, try out the other controls—they definitely give you a fresh experience.
Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- /entry --> <!-- entry_footer --> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="419"><tbody><tr> <td class="bg_line_dot01">http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f12 c999" align="right">Game Modes (http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/index.html) | 08/06/2007 Fri

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/various01.html </td></tr></tbody></table>

Kalyx triaD
06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
MK:A also has that option. It's something developers should do with most of the Nintendo games. It fits with their 'everybody play' thing they got goin.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be using the Wii-mote/nunchuck combo :o

Savio
06-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Crates Change depending on the zone,
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item03/item03_070614b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item03/item03_070614b-l.jpg)

Also They Have music for Ridley up (Samuses Rival)

Savio
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
<Volt Tackle>
What is Volt Tackle? It’s Pikachu’s Final Smash!
That pretty much describes it. You don’t need an Electric Ball to unleash it, but you do need a Smash Ball.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619a.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619a-l.jpg)
Volt Tackle is unleashed! Pikachu transforms into a ball of light.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619b-l.jpg)
You can now control that ball of light for a brief period.
Hunt them! Hunt them down!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619c-l.jpg)
It’s quite speedy while airborne. This...can be dangerous.
It flies through the air wildly, so take care not to lose control.
If it gets cancelled in midair, something terrible will happen.

road doggy dogg
06-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I pictured you as some ridiculously spazzy azn when I read that.

Drakul
06-21-2007, 01:03 AM
I pictured you as some ridiculously spazzy azn when I read that.

He took the text from the Smash Bros website which is updated by the guy incharge of making the game.

road doggy dogg
06-21-2007, 05:45 AM
So I was correct in my assumption.

Drakul
06-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Yeah, you are. He has a habit of typing stuff like "BAM BAM Bambambambambam" and "SKRAAAAAAAAAAH!!" to try and explain somone is being attacked by another character.
Plus Gamefaqs is having fun with his innuendo soaked updates. Thursdays one being "Did you notice that thing dangling from Fox’s waist? What is that?"

Before then, everyone was just twisting his words to use as innuendo but now, I think hes actually trying to get innuendo into his updates.

road doggy dogg
06-24-2007, 10:07 AM
I am eager to hear more of this spastic Asian. No really, I am.

Drakul
06-25-2007, 02:56 AM
They've just confirmed Zelda is in Brawl, over at the smashbros.com site.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Shocking?

Savio
07-01-2007, 08:47 PM
You can enter individual names for each player. Start by just entering a name.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various02/various02_070628a.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various02/various02_070628a-l.jpg)
This time, enter it like you would on your cell phone!
You can also use random names.
Once it’s entered, choose your name for your character on the character-selection screen before you begin fighting.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various02/various02_070628b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various02/various02_070628b-l.jpg)
The character-selection screen is still a secret!
This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.
We’ve made this game compatible with four different controllers:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various02/various02_070628c.gif
You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.
Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!
We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...
But if we can’t make that happen, I apologize.

Savio
07-01-2007, 08:47 PM
dunno why people would like the cell phone way :/

PapaGeorgio
07-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah I hate when I have to text on cell phones. Plus with the wii mote it is pretty easy to just keyboard it and point and click. Especially since just entering a short name.

Mike the Metal Ed
07-01-2007, 09:58 PM

Bigger buttons = easier to type with the Wii Remote.

Not that I have too many problems with the full keyboard layout on the browser, but that's the reasoning.

Savio
07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702a.jpg
What’s an Assist Trophy?!
Well, these are characters who appear to aid the fighter that called them forth. Basically, they’re guest characters separate from Smash’s playable roster!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/index.html). Let there be no mistake about that.
In any case, you won’t know who is in an Assist Trophy until you use it.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702b-l.jpg)
Take the capsule and hold it high!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702c-l.jpg)
A Hammer Bro appears!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702d.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702d-l.jpg)
As you can see, he throws his famed hammers!
Actually, the Nintendog you saw in the E3 movie is also an Assist Trophy.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702e.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist01/assist01_070702e-l.jpg)
Aw.... Isn’t he cute!
You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.
That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.
Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.
<!-- /entry --> <!-- entry_footer --> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="419"> <tbody><tr> <td class="bg_line_dot01">http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="f12 c999" align="right">Items (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/index.html) | Assist Trophies (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/index.html) | Jul. 02 Mon. 2007 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- /entry_footer --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="481"> <tbody><tr> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- entry --> <!-- /new_entry --> <!-- new_entry --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="485"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> <td> <!-- entry --> <table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="481"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"> <!-- entry_head --> <table bgcolor="#131313" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="479"> <tbody><tr> <td class="entry_icon05">http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/common/entry_icon_left.gif</td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_05.gif</td> <td width="313"> Jul. 02 Mon. 2007
Samurai Goro
</td> <td width="27">
</td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> <td width="27">
</td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> <td width="26">http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/category_05.gif (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/list.html)</td> <td>http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/spacer.gif</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- /entry_head --> <!-- entry --> <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="30" cellspacing="0" width="479"> <tbody><tr> <td class="entry f12 s120 c333"> http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist02/assist02_070702a.jpg
Here’s Samurai Goro, Captain Falcon’s rival. He’s an F-Zero Pilot. He wears the number five.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist02/assist02_070702b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist02/assist02_070702b-l.jpg)
At last, Samurai Goro stands on the battlegrounds of Smash.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist02/assist02_070702c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist02/assist02_070702c-l.jpg)
He just cuts, cuts, cuts away with the blade at his hip.
A reckless slasher of his enemies, Samurai Goro is not a man you want on your bad side.
By the way, the majority of Assist Trophies are invincible. Trying to fight back is useless, so just run away. </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

road doggy dogg
07-02-2007, 11:15 PM
goddddd can't wait for this game

Funky Fly
07-03-2007, 05:34 PM
sadhfghjdfsg Samurai Goro :heart:

Savio
07-04-2007, 10:07 PM
<Giga Bowser Transformation>
What?! You can control Giga Bowser from Super Smash Bros. Melee?!
It’s Bowser’s Final Smash!!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704a.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704a-l.jpg)
Bowser grabs a Smash Ball! TRANSFORM!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704b-l.jpg)
Whoaaa! Talk about a change!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704c-l.jpg)
He’s huge! And tough!
What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704d.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/bowser/bowser_070704d-l.jpg)
He must be invincible!
You can only be Giga Bowser for a short time, though, so you’d better take your enemies out while you can. Bear in mind, too, that while escaping from Giga Bowser, fighters might decide it’s a good strategy to pick off the stragglers in his wake...

94 SVT Cobra
07-10-2007, 01:52 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Vietnamese Crippler
07-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Need... release date... NOW :mad:

Dave Youell
07-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Need... release date... NOW :mad:
Ummmm, December 2007

How's that?

Loose Cannon
07-10-2007, 07:27 AM
holy shit, Bowser looks incredible

ClockShot
07-10-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist03/assist03_070710a.jpg
What? You mean THAT Dr. Wright? The one from the SNES version of SimCity? Well, I guess Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the kind of game where anyone can show up and anything can happen!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist03/assist03_070710b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist03/assist03_070710b-l.jpg)
"Hold on a second! What are you guys doing here?!"
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist03/assist03_070710c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist03/assist03_070710c-l.jpg)
"Starting today, you’re the mayor!"
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist03/assist03_070710d.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist03/assist03_070710d-l.jpg)
Suddenly, skyscrapers pop up out of nowhere!
Fighters are completely blown away by the skyscrapers that just shot up underneath them.
Awesome. Now THAT’S what I call city-building.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. They're going all out in this game.

UmbrellaCorporation
07-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Holy shit, that is awesome. :love:

Loose Cannon
07-10-2007, 05:02 PM
lol no way. Dr Wright

Funky Fly
07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Bloody shitcakes! :eek:

If Wright's in, they have to put Fawful in there somewhere, then. This I demand, finkrats! :mad:

Savio
07-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I think Wright is an item.

-----------------

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item05/item05_070711c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item05/item05_070711c-l.jpg)
Watch out for those bumpers once they’re set!
Now you can set them in midair as well. This might lend itself to a few new and interesting strategies.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item05/item05_070711d.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/images/item05/item05_070711d-l.jpg)
Of course, just keeping people from making it back to

Savio
07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
The release date is Dec 3rd

Donkey Kong has a good upgraded look too.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/donkeykong/donkeykong.jpg

Drakul
07-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Wait a second... Is this...an Animal Crossing stage?! And the name...well...go ahead and poke fun if you must.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage06/stage06_070713a.jpg
This should be a familiar sight to Animal Crossing fans.

It’s very clearly the world of Animal Crossing – even the changing scenery of day and night is determined by the Wii console’s internal clock.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage06/stage06_070713b.jpg
This is not the relaxing pace of any small town I know...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage06/stage06_070713c.jpg
Hmm, it sure is dark.

And what do you think of all those guests hanging out? There sure are a lot. It’s like they all came to watch the big event.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage06/stage06_070713d.jpg
And look, there’s the busy barista, serving coffee to the spectators.

But there’s more...

If you play a match here on Saturday at 8PM...

Oh, I’m too excited to even say it!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage06/stage06_070713e.jpg
That’s right, a live performance. It’s a good time to be alive...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking forward to this stage but now a few forums are thinking this stage means an Animal Crossing character will be in.
There is a 15 sec video on the site, btw.

Drakul
07-13-2007, 08:36 AM
I think Wright is an item.
Yeah, Dr. Wright is just an Assist Trophy.

road doggy dogg
07-13-2007, 12:15 PM
And here I thought Melee had far too much polish for any single game to ever warrant. I can't fucking wait for Brawl. December can't come soon enough.

Drakul
07-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Zero Laser

Don’t fire! Do NOT fire that laser!

Why? ...Well, because it really hurts!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/samus/samus_070718a.jpg
MAXIMUM CHARGE!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/samus/samus_070718b.jpg
Now, fire! Whoa, that’s huge!

That weapon is extremely powerful. Her opponents’ damage meters skyrocket!

...But afterwards, Samus has a problem.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/samus/samus_070718c.jpg
All of her armour fell off!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/samus/samus_070718d.jpg
Now she’s just Zero Suit Samus.

That really was her last trump card. She used a weapon so powerful, it destroyed her Power Suit.

Now it’s time for Zero Suit Samus to show what she can do.

It looks like you can throw the pieces of her suit that end up on the ground.

Hey. Stop that... QUIT IT! I mean it!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/samus/samus_070718e.jpg
Take that!

Drakul
07-20-2007, 03:17 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720a.jpg

In this world, trophies fight.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720b.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720c.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720d.jpg

They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720e.jpg

Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720f.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720g.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720h.jpg

Those are the rules of this world.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720i.jpg

But...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720j.jpg

When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea01/modea01_070720k.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possibley interesting notes:

*The update was given on a black background with white text instead of the usual white background and black text

*The update is under game modes but it's actual title is "???" so it may be story or adventure mode or maybe a completely new mode.

*The last pic could be a new boss, perhaps?

Drakul
07-23-2007, 02:58 AM
This stage is based on the look and feel of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, which was played using the DK Bongos.

The key here is to keep climbing up and up.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage07/stage07_070723a.jpg
The tropical setting is quite nice.

The screen slowly scrolls upwards, so if you don’t want to get left behind you’d better get climbing. Oh, and don’t forget to pummel your opponents along the way!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage07/stage07_070723b.jpg
You’re climbing up, but the water keeps flowing
down, down, down.

The screen’s constantly changing, so it’s fun just to watch too.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage07/stage07_070723c.jpg
The top of the waterfall isn’t the top! Keep climbing!

Hey! What’s at the top? Huh?

Hmm...I wonder...

Drakul
07-26-2007, 03:03 AM
What is a Footstool Jump?!

Well, it's a cool technique. Basically, you step on your opponent and jump off!

That's it!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070726a.jpg
Jump! Now press the jump button with perfect timing...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070726b.jpg
Boing!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070726c.jpg
And then you jummmmmmmmp!

Using your enemy’s spine like a spring to launch yourself into the air
is pretty fun.

What? You say it doesn’t have much strategic value?

No, no, no. That’s hardly the case.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070726d.jpg
You can use it to perform Meteor Smashes! Incredible!

Savio
07-27-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727a.jpg
When talking about the guaranteed hard hitter of Kirby’s world, you’ve got to say something about his fists!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727b.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727b-l.jpg)
Knuckle Joe appears!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727c.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727c-l.jpg)
Vulcan Jab!
A storm of Vulcan Jabs rain down, and then Knuckle Joe can finish his foes off with one of the following two special moves!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727d.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727d-l.jpg)
Smash Punch!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727e.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist04/assist04_070727e-l.jpg)
Rising Break!
He’s... He’s strong. He’s been doing some extreme training, I think.

Drakul
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Does anyone read this thread? I didn't bother posting the Knuckle Joe update because I assumed it was abandoned by all but me.

anyway, I was surprised we didn't get music this week.

Savio
07-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I do

Funky Fly
07-27-2007, 05:17 PM
I stop in every few days.

Vietnamese Crippler
07-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I read whenever there's something new

Drakul
07-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Glad to know posting the updates isn't a waste of time:y:

Now we have an idea what sort of things to expect from SSBB, anyone hoping for something in particular? Character, item, music, stage etc?

A stage based on the Airship from SMB3 would be great, in my opinion. Doubt it'll happen though. A redone version of the airship theme would be cool.

I also hope they either turn adventure mode into a Mortal Kombat Armageddon Konquest style mode with exploring,treasure and fights or add a similair game mode and leave adventure the same style it was in Melee.

Each stage would be based on a different franchise represtented in Brawl and they could have it be a sort of "Story mode". The story would probably be to free the characters from the forced brawling or to see who is behind the brawling or something similair.

Example: Stage 1 would be the Mushroom Kingdom and you'd explore it from a 3rd person perspective with your Mii. You'd fight Goombas and Koopa Troopas (or whichever enemies are popular from the series. The Zelda world could have Octorocks and ReDeads, the DK world could have Kremlins and Klaptraps and so on) all in simple real time fights from a 3rd person viewpoint maybe 5 or 6 at a time because they're easy and simple grunts, really. If you have played MK:Armageddon, you'll know what I mean by all that.
Then, at key points in each world, you meet a character from the game such as Mario. You would fight him 1-on-1 in the usual Smash Bros style, on a stage rather than in the 3rd person style world. Once you defeat him you would continue on through the world, fight other Mario characters like Yoshi, until you reach Bowser. Defeat him and move onto World 2 and so on until you reach Master Hand at the very end.
MK did this type of mode very well and I'm sure the people behind Smash Bros could do it even better. Plus it would be a cool and interesting way of unveiling new characters.

Thoughts?

Vietnamese Crippler
07-28-2007, 02:46 PM
^^ You've just basically summed up the Melee adventure mode :?:

Savio
07-28-2007, 02:49 PM
I would not want to play with my Mii.

Drakul
07-28-2007, 03:24 PM
^^ You've just basically summed up the Melee adventure mode :?:
Where as Melee adventure mode was basically a side scrolling platformer. I would want the "story mode" to be on a 3d plain. Go left,right,forward and back and the enemys would have simple move sets unlike in Melee where they just walked back and forth. Kinda like the Assist Trophies.

The basic idea would be similair to this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GV8r6WuZmVc but obviously minus the blood and gore and with a SSBB theme and feel to it.

Drakul
07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I would not want to play with my Mii.
I actually wanted to say you would pick a character and play through wih them but then I realised that would mess up the story thing.So I just said Mii. Unless it replaced the chracter you pick with another character from that series that is in Brawl. Like replace Mario with Luigi if you play as Mario.

Drakul
07-30-2007, 03:59 AM
Konga Beat

As you might expect from Donkey Kong, his Final Smash is something...upbeat. That’s right, he’s breaking out the DK Bongos!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/donkeykong/donkeykong_070730a.jpg
Taa-daah!

And...DUM DOO DUM DUMMM!

It’s cool to just pound on them, but why not listen to the music that’s playing? Press buttons in time to the beat to really get things hopping.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/donkeykong/donkeykong_070730b.jpg
1, 2, 3...dum, doo, dum dum!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/donkeykong/donkeykong_070730c.jpg
Now clap! Clappity clap clap!

Feel the rhythm and increase the power! T-t-take it easy, will ya!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/donkeykong/donkeykong_070730d.jpg
And finish!

DK’s invulnerable while in the middle of this move, so take it easy and enjoy the moment.

Oh, and jamming during screen scrolls and such is something you might want to...think about.

Drakul
07-31-2007, 03:00 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item06/item06_070731a.jpg

This item appeared in the game Animal Crossing. Bury it in the ground and it becomes a trap. If you love playing tricks on others, this item can’t be beat.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item06/item06_070731b.jpg

When you throw a Pitfall at the ground...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item06/item06_070731c.jpg

It vanishes!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item06/item06_070731d.jpg

When someone touches it, PLUNK!

Now’s your chance. You can’t help but grin.

Incidentally, it also has an effect if you simply hit someone with it instead of setting it in the ground.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item06/item06_070731e.jpg

If you get hit by a Pitfall, you’ll drop through pass-through floors!

Getting thoroughly fooled by a trap like this... It’s pretty humiliating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I predicted this item months ago, I wonder if any other of my guesses will be right.

Savio
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
they should add a pit fall stage

Drakul
08-01-2007, 05:45 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/ike/ike_070801e.jpg

Ike

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/ike/ike.jpg

From Fire Emblem, Ike appears! The fact that he can wield a two-handed sword with a single hand is a testament to his magnificent strength.

His brings his special move "Aether" with him as he crashes the Brawl party. Try for a single-stroke finishing blow with his mighty blade!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/ike/ike_070801a.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/ike/ike_070801b.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/ike/ike_070801c.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/ike/ike_070801d.jpg

Drakul
08-02-2007, 03:43 AM
This stage represents the Fire Emblem world.

It’s an enemy castle in the midst of battle – but it’s not set in a particular castle, nor is it from a particular game in the series.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage09/stage09_070802a.jpg
It’s taking heavy fire, huh?

There are plenty of scenes like this throughout the Fire Emblem series, aren’t there? So imagine it however you choose.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage09/stage09_070802b.jpg

Fireballs launched by catapults dance in the skies above the castle. Then, as time passes...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage09/stage09_070802c.jpg
The floor shatters and everyone falls into the castle!

See the stone statues in the throne room? You can break them to bits.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage09/stage09_070802d.jpg
Down it goes!

Oh, but it doesn’t end here.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage09/stage09_070802e.jpg
Quick! To the underground!

What’s the underground like? You can look forward to finding out later.

Dorkchop
08-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm probably the only person who's not excited about this game, but I just read on gonintendo.com that Ganandorf has been confirmed.

Drakul
08-03-2007, 03:31 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803logo.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary is a robust side-scrolling action game!

–This is The Subspace Emissary!–

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803a.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803b.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803c.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803d.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803e.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803f.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803g.jpg

More than anything, Smash Bros. is a competitive action game. People have been kind enough to praise its multiplayer aspects, but we’ve never been able to create a fully-fleshed out single-player game.

This time, though, we’ve managed to create a complete side-scrolling action game. It’s storyline isn’t overwrought – it’s hastened along by a bunch of quick movies.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803h.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803i.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803j.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803k.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803l.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803m.jpg

The Adventure mode also emphasises character development. You’ll see many famous characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories, shouldering their unique burdens... It’s really something you won’t see anywhere else.

(Click below for movie ~ Drakul)

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803n.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/movies/movie070803a.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=290&width=420)

With so many wonderful characters appearing together, it’s like a dream action game. We’re putting tons of fighting spirit into making this game, so I hope you’re all looking forward to it.

Oh, and this is all included in the same Game Disc, so rest easy.

Drakul
08-03-2007, 03:33 AM
I'm probably the only person who's not excited about this game, but I just read on gonintendo.com that Ganandorf has been confirmed.
Todays update might get you at least a little bit more excited. I never had any doubt Ganondorf would make it in again. I'm looking forward to what moveset he gets because the guy that runs the Smash Bros. site said there would be no more clones and Ganondorfs moves where the same as Captain Falcon in Melee.

Vietnamese Crippler
08-03-2007, 04:44 AM
December can't come fast enough :'(

Drakul
08-03-2007, 04:46 AM
While I was checking another forum, someone mentioned a Game Informer interveiw with Eiji Aonuma. They copy/pasted this:

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

So that means Sheik is in the game? Doesn't really make sense if all the Zelda characters are based on the TP Zelda game. I've never visited Game Informer, is it a relieable place or is it just full of nonsense?

Drakul
08-03-2007, 04:47 AM
December can't come fast enough :'(
You only have to wait until December. Here in the UK we have to wait until "2008" :'(

Vietnamese Crippler
08-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll be January '08 :shifty:

Drakul
08-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Well you got Super Paper Mario in April and we don't get it until September. So it might be a bit of a wait for Brawl...

Extreme Angle
08-03-2007, 07:05 AM
I've seriously got to hurry with getting a wii

Savio
08-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Shit single player looks awesome now

Not a fan of all the fire emblem charters we might get.......MUST KEEP ROY THOUGH!

Drakul
08-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Do you think Adventure mode will be side scrolling again? It looks like it in most screenshots but this pic
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803g-l.jpg
looks like it may not be just side scrolling. It looks like two of the enemies are coming from the bottom of the screen. Plus the layout of the level isn't on a path like the other screenshots. Do you think maybe there will be areas where you are in full 3D? Maybe just a single platform with those robot enemies coming from all side?

Savio
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
ya

Hey with this havin cut scenes now you think Link will get a speaking part?

Drakul
08-06-2007, 03:01 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item07/item07_070806a.jpg

This is an item that has absolutely no effect on characters...but it’s pretty fun.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item07/item07_070806b.jpg
When you hit something with one of these...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item07/item07_070806c.jpg
PSHHHHH! It releases a cloud of coloured smoke!

As the cloud forms, it blocks your vision with an effective smokescreen.
If your opponent gets caught in the thick cloud of smoke it’s a distraction, and if you’re covered in smoke it’s harder for your opponent to see which moves you’re doing.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item07/item07_070806d.jpg
Hmm... So colourful!

You can even pick up Smoke Balls that are emitting smoke, and carry them or throw them. Talk about smoke and mirrors!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item07/item07_070806e.jpg
Cough! Cough!

Drakul
08-06-2007, 03:03 AM
ya

Hey with this havin cut scenes now you think Link will get a speaking part?
I doubt it. He'll probably just keep using facial expression and the usual noises he makes in the Zelda games.

Drakul
08-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Palutena’s Army

Pit is the captain of Palutena’s Army, the guardians of the Goddess of Light! It’s said that when he raises his voice to heaven, this goddess will appear.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pit/pit_070809a.jpg
Goddess Palutena! I beseech you!

Now that’s what I call a deity. Look how big she is!

Well, I guess technically that’s not her actual size. She just chose to manifest herself as something that big.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pit/pit_070809b.jpg
Here come the flying Centurions...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pit/pit_070809c.jpg
Now, attack!

They divebomb at incredible speeds!

It’s very difficult to dodge a charge of Centurions, splitting the sky like a storm.

Then again, the Centurions scatter after they clash. They each make one attack and then fall in battle.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pit/pit_070809d.jpg
Their sacrifices are so...so moving...

Savio
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm gonna kick your ass drakul

Drakul
08-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Any particular reason?

Savio
08-10-2007, 06:25 PM
in SSBB....because I am better.

Drakul
08-13-2007, 03:10 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/ike/ike_070801e.jpg

Pokémon Trainer

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer.jpg

No way! The Pokémon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn’t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pokémon with him – Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard – to do the fighting for him.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813a.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813b.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813c.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813d.jpg

Drakul
08-13-2007, 03:14 AM
The Pokémon Trainer watches from the background.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813e.jpg
Is… Is he issuing commands?!

He needs to use his three Pokémon to fight. So the only ones who fight directly are the Pokémon.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And the Pokémon Trainer uses a special move called Pokémon Change to switch between them.

Down Special Move: Pokémon change
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813f.jpg
Good job, Ivysaur! Come back!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813g.jpg
The returning Pokémon tags the next Pokémon.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813h.jpg
Charizard! I choose you!

They swap out in a set order: Squirtle→Ivysaur→Charizard.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070813i.jpg

They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

Drakul
08-13-2007, 03:14 AM
in SSBB....because I am better.
Lies! All lies!

fondoffilm
08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
So...Ash?

Drakul
08-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Well, Ash was only in the TV show as far as I'm aware. "Red" was the guy in the games, right? So that's who that guy must be.
I'm not a fan of Pokemon so I'm not sure.

Savio
08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll prob never use him but he's not so bad. I hope there is no jiggly now though

Drakul
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll probably have a few games with him.
I think this shows that it's not entirely impossible for other slightly unique characters to be included. Don't know who would be "unique" in the same way though.

Kalyx triaD
08-13-2007, 07:14 PM
That Poke-Trainer's a kick-ass addition. This game will rock hard.

Drakul
08-14-2007, 03:14 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist05/assist05_070814a.jpg

It’s the demon from the NES game, Devil World!

When this evil guy shows up, you know it’s time for... What does he do again?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist05/assist05_070814b.jpg
Well, he certainly appears to be in good shape.

After he ascends with his bat wings, he’ll move to a determined spot on the screen. Then he’ll jab his fingers up over his head!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist05/assist05_070814c.jpg
To the side! He’s pointing to the side!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist05/assist05_070814d.jpg
And now the screen scrolls!

In Smash Bros., going off the screen means you’re out of the ring, and breaking that rule is very problematic.

So what happens then? Extreme panic and new strategies.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist05/assist05_070814e.jpg
Maybe something like this!

Here’s an Assist Trophy that throws common sense out the window. I mean, he’s not assisting at all!

Drakul
08-14-2007, 03:38 AM
BTW if you haven't heard of Devil World it's because it was banned in the US because it featured the devil, bibles, crucifixes and Jesus. It was available in Japan and Europe though.

Kalyx triaD
08-14-2007, 10:05 AM
They're going all out for this game.

Savio
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
I'll probably have a few games with him.
I think this shows that it's not entirely impossible for other slightly unique characters to be included. Don't know who would be "unique" in the same way though. oh me too but I'll never use him as my character

Drakul
08-15-2007, 03:04 AM
I’d like to introduce a new collection element to the game – stickers.

Yes, the ones you slap on your notebook or skateboard or whatever. Stickers.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815a.jpg
This...is a sticker.

Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815b.jpg
Stickers get filed away in your album.

There are big ones and small ones, all with different kinds of artwork. There’s loads of variety.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815c.jpg
Now stick one on! Sticky, sticky...

This is a fun extra mode where you can enjoy decorating things by putting stickers on them. You can even make single frame comics with them.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815d.jpg
And rumour is, you can even save screenshots?!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815e.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various03/various03_070815f.jpg

Savio
08-15-2007, 06:18 AM
gay

Vietnamese Crippler
08-15-2007, 06:44 AM
I guess that's the replacement for the trophy system from Melee? :o

Drakul
08-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Well I think it is but other people think this is in addition to a return of trophies.

Vietnamese Crippler
08-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, the trophies have been turned into weapons also, so I guess they needed a "non violent" successor? I dunno, I just want to play the damn game already :mad:

Funky Fly
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Ike is gonna rock my socks. Trainer sounds like smething my brother will use all the fucking time.

Drakul
08-16-2007, 03:04 AM
You know that Zero Suit Samus has a Plasma Whip, right? But you may not know that she can use it for recovery.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070816a.jpg
Samus is falling! This looks bad!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070816b.jpg
She uses her up special move! She just manages to latch on!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070816c.jpg
Whew, that was a close one.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique03/technique03_070816d.jpg
She can retract it to bring her to the ledge.

Moves like that can be pretty thrilling. And it’s not exclusive to Zero Suit Samus – other characters can do it, too!

Drakul
08-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Ike is gonna rock my socks. Trainer sounds like smething my brother will use all the fucking time.
I just realised the Trainer could probably be used as a "cheap" character. When someone tries to do a move that the player playing as the Trainer can't avoid, they'll probably just need to switch Pokemon and because of the switching animation, the move will totally miss them.

Drakul
08-17-2007, 02:57 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/peach/peach.jpg

The princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach is once again joining the battle! She’ll do what she has to, even when she’s all dressed up.

She can silence both Mario and Bowser with her floating jumps and Toad defence. This is no time to get kidnapped.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/peach/peach_070817a.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/peach/peach_070817b.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/peach/peach_070817c.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/peach/peach_070817d.jpg

Drakul
08-20-2007, 05:19 AM
The design for Link is taken from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, so his special moves have also been designed a bit differently.

Side Special Move: Gale Boomerang
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/link/link_070820a.jpg

Gale Boomerang!

The Gale Boomerang deals damage when thrown at an enemy, but when it comes back, it also lightly pulls the foe’s body.

Standard Special Move: Hero’s Bow
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/link/link_070820b.jpg

The Hero’s Bow! It’s fast

Down Special Move: Bomb
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/link/link_070820c.jpg
Are these bombs made by Barnes?

Up Special Move: Spin Attack
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/link/link_070820d.jpg
You can charge up the Spin Attack!

Grab: Clawshot
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/link/link_070820e.jpg
All this and the Clawshot, too!

You can use the Clawshot to perform life-saving tether recoveries by aiming at available ledges.

It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/link/link_070820f.jpg
Of course, it doesn't mean a thing if it can't reach its target...

Savio
08-20-2007, 05:43 AM
Is the claw from twilight princess?

Kapoutman
08-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Indeed.

Drakul
08-21-2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea03/modea03_070821a.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/movies/movie070821a.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=290&width=420)
(click for a video. You should probably watch it before reading the rest of the update. ~ Drakul)

"The Subspace Emissary" storyline introduces a force of formless enemies called the Subspace Army. They are ruled by their commander, the Ancient Minister.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea03/modea03_070821b.jpg
The Ancient Minister.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea03/modea03_070821c.jpg
The enemy’s primary offensive strength is in creatures called the Primid. They come in many variations.

Their objective is to cut apart the world and carry it into Subspace. They use what are called Subspace Bombs to do so.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea03/modea03_070821d.jpg
The Robotic Operating Buddies (R.O.B.s) on either side of the Subspace Bomb are needed to detonate the device.

When a Subspace Bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea03/modea03_070821e.jpg
Kaboom! The stadium is engulfed!

This is a new, never-before-seen form of aggression...but now is no time to stop and stare. Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it.

Drakul
08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea03/modea03_070821d.jpg
R.O.B. turns heel. :shifty:

Drakul
08-24-2007, 03:09 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/common/entry_banner.jpg

Diddy Kong

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong.jpg

Donkey Kong’s pal has finally joined the battle! Unfortunately, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves.

He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070822a.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070822b.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070822c.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070822d.jpg

Drakul
08-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Super Dragon

It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi – some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.

But whatever you call him, Yoshi’s true power will be seen here!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/yoshi/yoshi_070823a.jpg
He’s gotten the oft-mentioned Smash Ball!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/yoshi/yoshi_070823b.jpg
W-wings!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/yoshi/yoshi_070823c.jpg
He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/yoshi/yoshi_070823d.jpg
But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness. Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!

Being able to fly around is nice, as is giving undivided attention to his attacks. Yoshi can live as he likes, for a brief period of time.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/yoshi/yoshi_070823e.jpg
Oh, to think it’s already over...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They put up the music for the Animal Crossing stage but Ican't put it here because it's a flash. It's the "Go K.K. Rider!" song from the Animal Crossing games.

Drakul
08-24-2007, 03:18 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea04/modea04_070824a.jpg

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumoured that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I’d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea04/modea04_070824b.jpg
He... He’s huge!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea04/modea04_070824c.jpg
Too intense!

Locked in the iron cages he holds are the princesses, Peach and Zelda. He looks angry. Wh-what is he doing?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea04/modea04_070824d.jpg
He’s attacking with the iron cages!

You can save either Zelda or Peach, depending on which cage you damage more and subsequently break.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea04/modea04_070824e.jpg
What will happen to the one you don’t save?!

Loose Cannon
08-24-2007, 09:24 AM
ROFL Diddy Kong

Drakul
08-25-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm not that interested in Diddy but I'm interested in what his Final Smash could be.

Savio
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM
They have a slew of lack luster characters....I'm gonna save zelda BTW

Shadow
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
God this game can't come soon enough for me.

Drakul
08-26-2007, 04:09 AM
They have a slew of lack luster characters....I'm gonna save zelda BTW
Who, exactly, do you think is lackluster? Diddy and Petey?

Drakul
08-27-2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item09/item09_070827a.jpg

This is extremely spicy curry that seems to crackle with flames.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item09/item09_070827b.jpg
Is... Is it safe to eat that?

Of course, this is no ordinary food, because when you eat it...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item09/item09_070827c.jpg
It’s so spicy, flames shoot out of your mouth!

Is this funny? Is it a joke? You just keep spitting out flames.

This is different from the flames of a Fire Flower, because you continue spewing these flames as you perform attacks.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item09/item09_070827d.jpg
You can even do this!

You can do combos one would normally never think of. I’m not sure if it’s painful or fun.

Drakul
08-28-2007, 03:18 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist06/assist06_070828.jpg

It’s the old enemy of the Star Fox team, Andross! He appears here in his original form, the one with the most impact.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist06/assist06_070828a.jpg
Whoa! He’s huge.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist06/assist06_070828b.jpg
He swiftly moves to the back of the scene...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist06/assist06_070828c.jpg
...and begins inhaling...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist06/assist06_070828d.jpg
...then he spits polygonal panels out of his mouth!

Like a meteor storm, these panels come flying from the back of the scene to the front. Um, what am I supposed to call these things, anyway?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist06/assist06_070828e.jpg
They just keep flying out like crazy!

"Only I have the brains to rule Lylat!"

Uh...OK. He said it, not me...

Drakul
08-28-2007, 03:24 AM
The actions that really define the personality of each character are the special moves! In Brawl, you can do four different moves with just one button and different directional tilts on the Control Stick.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/basic/images/basic05/basic05_070828.jpg

These are the four types. Control for each is quite simple.

Standard special moves
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/basic/images/basic05/basic05_070828a.jpg
Many of these are basic attacks, like the firing of a weapon.
(Normal Special Move: Mach Tornado)

Side special moves
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/basic/images/basic05/basic05_070828b.jpg
These are bold attacks that launch in the direction you tilt the stick.
(Side Special Move: Triple Dash)

Up special moves
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/basic/images/basic05/basic05_070828c.jpg
These are crucial. They’re used to do high jumps and for recovering when you’re falling off the stage.
(Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop)

Down special moves
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/basic/images/basic05/basic05_070828d.jpg
Many of these do unusual things, like reflect enemy attacks.
(Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape)
Our model was Meta Knight.

To enjoy more of the depth of the special moves, try holding the button down longer to charge up attacks, rapidly pressing the button repeatedly, or tilting the Control Stick while doing the moves. You might also want to try them in mid-air.

Surprisingly, there’s a variety of hidden uses for many of them.

Drakul
08-29-2007, 03:24 AM
The Pokémon Trainer commands three types of Pokémon. His down special move is a Pokémon Change, so each Pokémon has three special moves!

That’s nine in all. Amazing!

Squirtle Up Special Move: Waterfall
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070829a.jpg
Squirtle splashes up the water torrent.

Squirtle Side Special Move: Withdraw
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070829b.jpg
Is this the turtle’s so-called shell? It slides along the ground.

Ivysaur Standard Special Move: Bullet Seed
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070829c.jpg
It fires a rapid seed barrage straight up in the air!

Ivysaur Up Special Move: Vine Whip
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070829d.jpg
It can grab the edge with its whip! That was TOO close!

Charizard Standard Special Move: Flamethrower
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070829e.jpg
We just had to have this. It is Charizard, after all.

Charizard Side Special Move: Rock Smash
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/pokemon_trainer/pokemon_trainer_070829f.jpg
It smashes rocks with its head. Bam! A solid hit from this delivers a mighty blow!!

Supplement your shortcomings and take advantage of your strengths. You must co-operate to push on!

Drakul
08-30-2007, 03:14 AM
Characters like Pit, Meta Knight and the Pokémon Trainer’s Charizard are envied at first glance for their wings.

Rumour has it they can use those wings to sail through the sky like gliders. But that can’t be true, can it?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique05/technique05_070830a.jpg
They... They’re really flying!

Magnificent!

From the perspective of the rules of Smash, I sense that mastering this skill could be quite beneficial. That is, IF you can master it...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique05/technique05_070830b.jpg
First, do a mid-air jump!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique05/technique05_070830c.jpg
If you continue holding the jump button, you’ll start gliding.

You don’t have to hold down the jump button, though. At the peak of your mid-air jump, you can also rapidly tilt the Control Stick backwards to forwards to link the jump to a glide.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique05/technique05_070830d.jpg
Tilt the stick down (or forwards) to angle down.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique05/technique05_070830e.jpg
Tilt the stick up (or backwards) to aim high.

Since it’s glider-style flight, you fly based on how you’re angled. You can control both your angle and your speed by pitching your "nose" up or down.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/technique/images/technique05/technique05_070830f.jpg
You can’t change direction though, so be careful!

If you stall out in mid-air or get attacked, your flight will be cancelled.

Drakul
08-31-2007, 03:05 AM
In the WarioWare games, you must master a variety of microgames in 5 seconds, making them the fastest and shortest games ever. You might want to look into it in more detail.

In trying to recreate that atmosphere in Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve created an outrageous stage!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage10/stage10_0700831a.jpg
Stay dry!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage10/stage10_0700831b.jpg
Dodge!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage10/stage10_0700831c.jpg
Jump!

Wh-what the heck is this? What is going on? What kind of joke is this?

For each challenge you clear, there is, of course, a reward.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage10/stage10_0700831d.jpg
The typical screen looks like this.

Ah, what floor would you like, Smash?

Vietnamese Crippler
08-31-2007, 03:18 AM
:wtf:

Shadow
08-31-2007, 03:30 PM
A Wario Ware stage....AWSOME!

Loose Cannon
08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
lol wtf

Funky Fly
09-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Nigga, I want this shit.

Extreme Angle
09-01-2007, 04:11 AM
When's this game coming out? I loved the first game and need this...
Gotta get a wii first though, so what game is good to get with it untill this comes out?

Drakul
09-01-2007, 05:39 AM
When's this game coming out? I loved the first game and need this...
Gotta get a wii first though, so what game is good to get with it untill this comes out?
December 3rd this year in the US but I'm unsure about the UK. Don't think they gave us one yet.

I enjoyed Twilight Princess and Mortal Kombat:Armageddon but both seemed over too soon and pretty easy. WarioWare is good as well but I haven't played many Wii games yet. Just Wii Sports which comes with the Wii, Zelda, Excite Truck, Warioware, MK and I just bought Eledees (Elebits in the US) which is pretty fun.
Sonic and the Secret Rings wasn't so great for me though, I took it back the next day.

Lux
09-01-2007, 10:26 AM
If only i could invent a time machine right now, fuck waiting it sucks, Ganondorf's :love: new move set is a plus though, i want to see his final smash attack though. :drool:

Drakul
09-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I think his final smash will most likely be transforming into Ganon or something similair to Links final smash but more powerful and with an evil feel to it.

Funky Fly
09-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Calling it right now, Diddy is gonna be like Fox/Falcon and will be mad deadly.

Kalyx triaD
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
What isn't in this game? Damn.

Funky Fly
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Original Wario.

Unless he is some hidden character shits that I am presently unaware of.

Also, no Fawful from the looks of things thus far. No finkrats for me. :'(

Drakul
09-01-2007, 10:59 PM
If they use alternative costumes for characters instead of the usual colour swap, then Warios yellow/purple costume will probably be his alternative.

Drakul
09-03-2007, 03:06 AM
The invasion by the Subspace Army has engulfed terra firma in chaos. One angel watching the scene from the heavens receives an imperial order from the goddess Palutena, and embarks on a journey.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea05/modea05_070903a.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/movies/movie070903a.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=290&width=420)

Drakul
09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I found this on the Official Nintendo Magazine forums. It looks cool and very professionally done. I haven't seen any of the art used before so I beileve it is real or at least a temporary cover.
Sorry for the small size.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1879/11739en0.jpg

edit: Found a bigger picture.

Drakul
09-04-2007, 03:06 AM
For some reason, Diddy has a weapon made of wood. Is that jungle technology?

Standard Special Move: Peanut Popgun
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070904a.jpg
It’s a peanut shooter!

This is Diddy’s projectile weapon. You can boost the speed of your shots by holding down the button...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070904b.jpg
But if you hold it down too long, the gun explodes, so be careful.

Also, if the shell breaks and a peanut pops out, you can apparently eat the peanut.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070904c.jpg
You recover a little damage when you eat it. Is this for real?

Up Special Move: Rocketbarrel Boost
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070904d.jpg
It’s a double-barrelled jet engine!

If you charge this up before using it, your jump power increases. And if you tilt the Control Stick left or right while charging it up...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070904e.jpg
...you can even curve your flight path!

If you get attacked while riding your Rocketbarrel Boost, you’ll lose your barrels...and they can sometimes go flying away on their own

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/diddykong/diddykong_070904f.jpg
Danger! Danger!

Drakul
09-05-2007, 03:03 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/metaknight/metaknight.jpg

It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?

Despite being almost all head, his mask and cape exude coolness. He overwhelms enemies with his mach-speed sword!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/metaknight/metaknight_070905a.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/metaknight/metaknight_070905b.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/metaknight/metaknight_070905c.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/metaknight/metaknight_070905d.jpg

Savio
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Who, exactly, do you think is lackluster? Diddy and Petey?Diddy and trainer

Savio
09-05-2007, 03:03 PM
If only i could invent a time machine right now, fuck waiting it sucks, Ganondorf's :love: new move set is a plus though, i want to see his final smash attack though. :drool:Freeze yourself

Drakul
09-06-2007, 03:28 AM
The previous game, Super Smash Bros. Melee, featured Pokémon Stadium, but it’s been upgraded for this game into Pokémon Stadium 2.

This time around, you’ll see guest Pokémon appearing in the background.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage11/stage11_070906a.jpg
Ordinarily, it’s a fairly orthodox stage when nothing special is happening.

But as time passes, the terrain transforms into four different types:
"Electric", "Ground", "Flying" and "Ice."

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage11/stage11_070906b.jpg
When it transforms into Ice, things get extremely slippery!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage11/stage11_070906c.jpg
A mountain of earth appears in the middle of the screen for the Ground stage!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage11/stage11_070906d.jpg
On the Flying stage, everyone’s jump abilities get boosted!

For these four transformations, we’ve chosen types that were not present in Melee.

Terrain that changes suddenly makes fights excitingly unpredictable.

Drakul
09-06-2007, 03:31 AM
Down Special Move: F.L.U.D.D.

It appears Mario has a new special move! It’s F.L.U.D.D.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/mario/mario_070906a.jpg
He really is carrying F.L.U.D.D. on his back!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/mario/mario_070906b.jpg
Tilt the Control Stick down and press the B Button to charge up...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/mario/mario_070906c.jpg
Hose ‘em down! Blast those enemies away.

It does absolutely no damage – it’s just for sending opponents great distances. You can even charge it up while shielding. It’s best used in critical moments.

Huh? What happened to the down special move he’s had up until now – the Mario Tornado?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/mario/mario_070906d.jpg
He still seems to have this move, though.
Eh? Is it a normal attack?!

Shadow
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm gonna miss the Mario Tornado...was always a part of my combos.

Drakul
09-07-2007, 03:09 AM
With the "My Music" feature, you can enjoy the music of our many musicians any way you like. Choose freely from our diverse selection of famous songs!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/music/images/music08/music08_070907a.jpg
This is "My Music" in action!

The battle stages of Super Smash Bros. Brawl feature a diverse line-up of game worlds. For example, there are stages based on the Mario universe.

Basically, there is only one song that plays on each stage. But even among the myriad songs of the Mario universe, people probably have different favourites.

Plus, while there may be people who stepped into the Mario universe in the original Nintendo Entertainment System days, surely there are some who first experienced Mario on the Nintendo DS.
With that in mind, I think it’s a bit of a waste to limit that whole universe to just one song.

So we’ve prepared many songs and will let you choose the likelihood that any given song will be played.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/music/images/music08/music08_070907b.jpg
This is "My Music" for Delfino Plaza.

For songs you’re particularly fond of, you can increase the likelihood those songs will appear. Then, when you brawl on that stage, the chance of your preferred songs being played increases.
Of course, if you want to, you can limit a stage to only one song, or make every song in the game equally likely to appear.

I’ve asked our reputable list of musicians to provide many songs for this particular game. But that’s certainly not because I just wanted to cover all these songs.

I’ve asked them to choose the songs that match their personalities and tastes!
Here you will find the best of the best – something you can very rarely get a chance to savour.
If your motivation behind your song selections is simply because you like them, then that’s just fine. Choose your settings as you like.

Just so you know, there may be songs from other games that are left as is, without any new arrangement.

Oh, and by the way, there’s an item in the game called a CD.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/music/images/music08/music08_070907c.jpg
This is a CD.

Regardless of which mode you’re playing, if you see one of these, be absolutely sure to grab it. If you want to know why, it’s because CDs are the way you add to your music selection.

Drakul
09-07-2007, 03:10 AM
The update also has two music updates which I can't post here, they are the Main SSBB theme again and the other is Pokémon: Pokémon Stadium/Evolution.

Drakul
09-10-2007, 03:04 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/mball/images/mball04/mball04_070910a.jpg

Munchlax is the pre-evolved form of Snorlax.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/mball/images/mball04/mball04_070910b.jpg
It slowly walks around.

It’s extremely carefree, but it’s said to be the glutton of the Pokémon...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/mball/images/mball04/mball04_070910c.jpg
An item appeared!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/mball/images/mball04/mball04_070910d.jpg
Don’t eat that!

I guess Munchlax is a bit of an item hog. Any item it gets, it eats! It’s kind of hard to tell it to stop, though.

Drakul
09-11-2007, 03:10 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist07/assist07_070911a.jpg

A young girl from the Sacae plains, Lyn (whose true name is Lyndis) makes a guest appearance from the Game Boy Advance game Fire Emblem.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist07/assist07_070911b.jpg
Lyn descends gallantly. She looks tough.

She wields what looks like a classical Japanese sword, so she’s similar to Samurai Goroh, but her sword strokes are a little different from his reckless slashing.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist07/assist07_070911c.jpg
She crouches and builds up power...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist07/assist07_070911d.jpg
She vanished?!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist07/assist07_070911e.jpg
The flash of a blade!

You’ll get helplessly cut down if you suffer a solid blow from this blade. If you call her forth as your ally, grab your enemies to make them easier for her to hit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope tomorrows update isn't another assist trophy. Is anyone else looking forward to seeing what music is available in the "My music" thing? If you look at the screens for the My Music thing, you see the Dark World theme from LttP:love:

Drakul
09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
It has arrived! The Battleship Halberd! It’s Meta Knight’s battleship...isn’t it?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage12/stage12_070912a.jpg
This warship’s bow is dazzling!

This stage begins in a hangar on the high seas. The platform follows the Halberd as it departs.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage12/stage12_070912b.jpg
Ooooh. It’s so dynamic!

Eventually, you land on the ship’s deck.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage12/stage12_070912c.jpg
What you see in the background is a double-barrelled battery. With an arm.

Use extreme caution near the double-barrelled battery! It launches beams and missiles, and even attacks with its arm.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/stages/images/stage12/stage12_070912d.jpg
Dodge it well and try to make it hit your foe!

The Battleship Halberd appears not only in multiplayer Brawl stages, but also plays a very important role in The Subspace Emissary. That role is something you’ll have to look forward to.

Drakul
09-13-2007, 03:08 AM
What is Special Brawl?!

This is a mode that lets you apply special rules to normal brawls to customise your favourite ways to play!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various04/various04_070913a.jpg
This is the Special Brawl Screen!

As you can see, you can apply a variety of rules at the same time. Before, you could only choose one, like Giant Melee, so this is a pretty cool step forward.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various04/various04_070913b.jpg
First, let’s try putting on the Bunny Hood.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various04/various04_070913c.jpg
And then add metal...

When you do this, you apply that characteristic from the start of the match to the end.

You can see the effects on the side of the screen, which is kind of fun. And getting the caption up above is also nice.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various04/various04_070913d.jpg
It’s a Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow Angled Brawl!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/various/images/various04/various04_070913e.jpg
And that’s how you fight!

Please try out a variety of different Brawl settings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This game looks better and better.

Tornado
09-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Me Want. Me Want NOW!

Loose Cannon
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
this is torture. I want to play this so bad.

Funky Fly
09-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Anyone else JOing to this?

Shadow
09-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Dude...I'm in a state of total bliss with every new update that comes out for this game.

When this game comes out you know I'm gonna take a few days off for some Smash fests.

Drakul
09-14-2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/iceclimbers/iceclimbers.jpg

The one in blue is Popo. The one in pink is Nana. And the two of them get along great! ...I think.

These two move as a pair, with Nana automatically following along. There’s safety in numbers – protect and be protected!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/iceclimbers/iceclimbers_070914a.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/iceclimbers/iceclimbers_070914b.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/iceclimbers/iceclimbers_070914c.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/images/iceclimbers/iceclimbers_070914d.jpg

Loose Cannon
09-14-2007, 12:00 PM
:love:

Loose Cannon
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
so cute and adorable....until Popo takes a fucking mallat to your face. wooooooo

Vietnamese Crippler
09-14-2007, 01:52 PM
YES, I love the Ice Climbers :love:

Savio
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Do they have less modes in Brawl then Melee?

road doggy dogg
09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Was just playing some N64 Smash Bros. at my buddy's place last night, so pumped for Melee right nowwwwwww

Shadow
09-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I thought the Ice Climbers were getting dropped for Brawl though...

Oh well...WELCOME BACK CHARACTERS I NEVER USE!

Drakul
09-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Yeah, there was a rumour the Ice Cimbers and Young Link were out and Wind Waker Link would be in but looks like that was just rumour after all.

I like seeing the updates and stuff but my only problem is the secrets being posted online or on the site after the game is released in Japan. I'm going to try and avoid having the secrets spoiled for me.
Avoiding TP spoilers was a real pain but I did it, so hoping to pull it off with SSBB as well.

Lock Jaw
09-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Here's hoping Mr. Game & Watch makes it back in then... I loved that little dude.

Drakul
09-15-2007, 11:39 PM
He probably will. Maybe as a secret character again.

Does anyone have any music, stages etc they really hope make it in?

Drakul
09-17-2007, 03:09 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item10/item10_070917a.jpg

It’s a golden hammer. Just like the title says.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item10/item10_070917b.jpg
It appears on a very important-looking pedestal.

It’s even more powerful than a normal hammer. And it’s even rarer.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item10/item10_070917c.jpg
Swing, swing, swing the hammer!

This hammer drops with fearsome force! Not only does it boast increased power, but you also swing it faster.

...And it may have even more effects.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item10/item10_070917d.jpg
If you rapidly tap the button...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item10/item10_070917e.jpg
You can float in mid-air!

What is this?! As far as hooks go, this is pretty odd. It may even be a little hardcore.

By the way... The normal hammer was known to occasionally lose its head...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item10/item10_070917f.jpg
Ever have this misfortune happen to you?

This item also occasionally malfunctions...

And it is then apparently called the Golden Squeaky Hammer.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/images/item10/item10_070917g.jpg
Squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak!

Drakul
09-18-2007, 03:08 AM
This game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you connect your Wii to the Internet, you can enjoy linked battles with people far away!

For details, click here (http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/12365.html). (Here (http://www.nintendowifi.com/) if you're in America or Canada. The other link is for the UK Wi-Fi site ~ Drakul)

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart – like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

The farther away you are, the worse your connection becomes, and the slower it feels. I apologise, but I hope you’ll understand.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/wi-fi/images/wi-fi01/wi-fi01_070918a.jpg
This is the main menu for Wi-Fi!

There are two primary connection methods. The names of these methods are "With Friends" and "With Anyone". The menus and structures of each method are pretty different.

With Friends
Wii Friends who have registered one another’s names can play together freely.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/wi-fi/images/wi-fi01/wi-fi01_070918b.jpgRegister your Friends!

If you’re registered as Wii Friends, you can check each other’s status. If a Friend is online and you earn his or her consent, you can enter a battle.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/wi-fi/images/wi-fi01/wi-fi01_070918c.jpg
You can change your icon...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/wi-fi/images/wi-fi01/wi-fi01_070918d.jpg
...and even send short messages during brawls!

These short messages are entered in advance, and you send them by taunting. There are four messages for the four directions on the +Control Pad: Up, down, left and right.

With your Wii Friends, you can brawl any way you like. And there are other modes besides just free-for-alls

With Anyone
You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/wi-fi/images/wi-fi01/wi-fi01_070918e.jpg
If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

Now, while you’re waiting for a match to start, you can kill time with a little practice on Sandbag.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/wi-fi/images/wi-fi01/wi-fi01_070918f.jpg
Practice, practice!

We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

Shadow
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
OH IT IS ON MOTHER FUCKERS! IT IS ON!

RoXer
09-18-2007, 01:06 PM
But can you get their info after you play them?

Savio
09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
prob not, I wish they had rankings :(.