![]() |
|
|
#32 | |
|
That's Not My Name
Posts: 9,086
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Flair ceased to be a major draw twenty years ago, while he was still an active performer. You saying he's a bigger draw now, as a retired ex-wrestler? As far as training/seminars etc go, yes I can see your point, but I don't know just how much juice is there to be squeezed. I think you OVERestimate the appeal of bringing in a 60yr old man, who hasn't got his finger on the pulse of today's business, who is 15 yrs removed from his prime, who has only ever trained one wrestler in his career (and that was Stan Lane, hardly a household name) at that kind of asking price. I agree that Flair should be a go-to guy in the training of new guys in the business at the very least for his psychology... but the fact is, if Vince McMahon has considered Flair old-hat for the last decade or so (he told him he was "too 80s" when Flair inquired about his lack of push over the last couple years) and Flair hasn't displayed any aptitude for wrestling the way the top companies in 2008 expect to see it, then from the perspective of "how am I going to make it big in this business and make serious money?" then Flair doesn't really strike you as a guy you need to learn from. And I know that might sound ridiculous to a long-time fan, but when you stop and really think it through, it would be just like paying one of those jobber guys you mentioned to come in and train you. They never achieved anything in the business; why would you want to learn to be just like them? In Flair's case, the business past him by and he spent his last decade living off a name and reputation he earned years ago, and his style, both inside the ring and out of it, no longer appeals to the decision makers in today's business... so why would you pay to learn it?? |
|
|
|
|