PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2006 Preview

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BCWWF
05-13-2005, 02:53 AM
I made this post in the other topic, and that post wasn't at all about football, and I figured that this is just too damn good of a read to let sit alone. You guys can hold me to anything that I say in this thread, as I think it covers every little detail possible in the preseason.

1. The original No. 1 was not applicable to this thread, so I changed it.

2. The Vikings offense will definately be a lot different. I think there is way too much pressure being put on Nate Burleson, to be the No. 1 reciever, and I guess Marcus Robinson is supposed to have a big role too now. I have heard some good things about Williamson in mini-camp so far though, like one of the first days he burned Smoot down the sideline for an 80 yard catch, so hopefully he can add some spark. I'm not sure what to expect, I'd never heard of him until the draft coverage started up.

3. I don't know if anybody saw, but Onterrio Smith, aka Steal of the Draft 2003, was caught at an airport security site with a "Whizzinator". I am pretty sure this is the system where you put a sack of piss up your ass and a little tube goes under your dick so you can pass drug tests. Anyway, he had drug problems in college (which is why he fell to the third round to begin with) and already had at least one marijuana suspension in his two years in the NFL. He will be done for the season if he is convicted here. Personally, I think he should be sent out right now. We got rid of Moss, this guy is worse, and we don't need him. He is our No. 2 running back right now, behind Michael Bennett, but our RB situation is really messed up as it is.

Bennett is pretty much our main guy (first round 2002 I think). He went for 1200 yards his second year, but the last two have been injury prone. Onterrio played a big role last year, playing first string some games, and has potential to be a No. 1 somewhere, potentially here if he is kept. Mewelde Moore is Alphabeans hero, and the games where he saw a lot of action (Bennett injured, Onterrio suspended) he went over 100 yards and caught the ball well too, but there are concerns about his stability. Finally, we drafted a new running back (weird name, Florida, third or fourth round) who supposively has some talent.

So right now there are five running backs who are all good. Moe Williams will still be around, he is the third down back and can do his thing, but he's 31 now. Mewelde will probably still play in the reserve role, but that leaves us with two more guys who are about equal with him, and we need to move one. It used to be Bennett, but after this I think it will be SOD, so I don't care if its for a sixth round DP, Smith has to be gone. Our running backs couldn't get the groove going last year because Tice decided to start a new one each week. We need Bennett to be ready every week, and he will be good.

Our running game is going to have to be a much bigger part of the team this year without Moss, and it arguably should have been a bigger part last year. The backs we have are definately capable, but now we need to use them right, and its not going to work on a rotation.

4. Unfortunately for the Packers, this shouldn't be their year. All they did was lose in the offseason. Brett Favre loses another year and is drawn further away from football (wife has cancer), lose starting safety to what is already is weak defense (to Minnesota of all teams), Ahman Green had a bit of an off year last season, and now he is having trouble with the law, and now their pro bowl reciever is holding out for a bigger contract, and Favre is telling the Packers that he is a douche and that they can win without him so not to give in. He was a big part in last year, he made it OK for Ahman not to have the career year that he was expected to.

Personally, I think that the Lions could be the No. 2 and possibly a playoff team in the NFC North. I don't know where I heard it (might have been here), but somebody said "Portland passed on Michael Jordan because they wanted a big man" in reference to Detroit taking Mike Williams. I think that is a great analogy, and the offense could really turn out well for them, and it will give defenses fits if all three of them stay healthy this year. Then they got Shaun Cody in the second round, who was expected to go pretty high in the first. Then I'm not going to count out the Bears because I think Cedrid Benson could be huge over there, and now they definately have the weapons on offense to win some games, as well as a solid defense.

The Packers really just didn't do anything to make their team better this year, and frankly they won the NFC North last year because Moss' injury helped the Vikings choke away some easy wins. The Packers weren't that strong last year and Favre was showing his age, and this year they are even weaker. The whole Aaron Rodgers thing is two sided. In one way, you want the Packers to add somebody to impact things and help Favre in his last year, but in the other side here is a guy who potentially could have gone first overall, and you have a quarterback with one, maybe two years left. I think the Pack made the right decision there, but could have been smarter in the second and third as well as in free agency.

I won't completely count the Pack out this year though, I did last year before I was reminded just how good Brett Favre can really be. They started out horrible and then came roaring back, so until I see the L's piling up next year, I won't say there isn't a chance.

5. The Vikings are a legit Super Bowl contender this season, you're hearing it right now. They could have been last season, but the young players on defense (and some veterans) blew it all away for them (Hovan, Dontarrius, Kenichi, Mixon, Russell, etc). What makes me confident that they are at least the second best team, if not the first, in the NFC, is that they should have a top defense this year, and it isn't all based around young players growing up.

Last year while healthy, Winfield was one of the top CB's in the league and easilly a pro bowl caliber player if he was healthy. The rest of the secondary frankly stunk, but now that is different. Corey Chavous, one of the smartest players around, is back at safety, and then they added another lights out corner in Fred Smoot and a very good safety in Sharper. Our third down backs will be guys who started last year for us, so I think we should have one of the top secondaries in the league. Then, the defensive line should also be one of the top in the league. All-pro Kevin Williams is back, and this year he will have better help. Last season Hovan hit the wall and was benched so he was playing alongside a rookie, Kenichi was essentially playing with one arm, and Mixon was out with a DWI and bad for the rest of the year. It should have been a great line but instead was just average. This year, Kenichi should be healthy, and if so he has a lot of potential (fell to middle of first round in 2004 draft because of the injury questions though). Then you have the new addition of Pat Williams in the center. Williams may not be all that great, but he can do the same thing that Warren Sapp and Tony Siragussa did, take up space and let the other guys get through. Kevin Williams will be next to him in the DT position, and then on the outside will likely be first round DP Erasmus James. I wanted to Pollack, but like Erasmus too. There is also the speedy Lance Johnstone available for the outside too. Then you can't forget CJ Mosley, the Mizzou tackle they got in the sixth who was expected to go 2nd or 3rd.

The biggest question mark though, and maybe the most important, is in LB. This was by far our weakest area last year, and we lost our only good guy to the Rams (Chris Claiborne). In the Moss trade, we got former first rounder Napolean Harris, who besides having a sweet name sounds like he could be pretty good as well. He is real confident coming into camp and is the self-proclaimed hardest hitter in the league. He will be on the strong side, then new addition Sam Coward (from the Jets in the sixth) will take the place of EJ Henderson at MLB. EJ next panned out well, and I think Cowart will be an upgrade. He sounds like he is a smart player, and that is what we need on defense. We used to have Greg Biekert, arguably the smartest MLB in the league, but not the most talented, and he did well leading the troops. Hopefully Cowart can do the same. On the weak side is our only real question mark, and that is will Outlaws Dontarrius Thomas come through. Him and EJ are both young and have loads of potential, but to this point neither have delivered. In Dontarrius comes into the season with better awareness then last year, I see big things for him.

Then you add that much improved defense to the second best offense in the league last season, second only to the record breakers over in Indianapolis. Yes, I am aware that Moss is gone now, and like I said so much during the time of the trade, he shouldn't be traded because he has more impact then any other player in the game. In a way I still wish we had him, but after the improvements to our defense it really cancels part of that out. I haven't looked at the numbers, but if we could have kept Moss while still getting Smoot, Sharper, Williams, Cowart and resigned Claiborne http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/drool.gif But thats not the case so I will move on.

I think we will be alright without Moss. With him last season, we were arguably the best in the NFC behind Philly, without him we lost a bunch of bad games. The reason for that is because our defense sucked and I can think of at least three games where the other team won in the final drive. That will be different with the new defense, we won't be based on simply outscoring our opponents anymore.

With that said, I think Williamson will be a good pick. I don't expect him to have nearly the impact Moss had in his first year, but I think that he will make some plays and on occasion make a real good play, and that will do just enough to keep the running backs alive. Then we have Duante, a pro bowl quarterback who was unbelievable last year but was just overshadowed by Payton Manning for obvious reasons. Remember who it was that was supposed to break Marinos record after week three? It was Daunte. Then Moss got injured, yada yada yada, slump, crash bang, but Duante still had good numbers, which leads me to believe that he is capable of making things happen with the new No. 1 Burleson as well as Robinson and Williamson.

Finally, the running game is still there. The three guys combined last year were right up with the Tomlinson and Alexander last year, but because only one played per game none of them had impressive stat lines at all. This year, with one of them starting full time, I don't think they will be a Tomlinson or Alexander, but they will at least serve as a useful weapon in the now much more balanced offense.

There are still two big question marks left over from last year though, and at least one could provide for a dissapointment (which for me would be anything less then the NFC Title game). No. 1 is coaching. Mike Tice is back because he is the cheapest coach on the market, and nobody knows if he is capable of winning yet. He has shown some studder steps in his first two years. Then we had a good O-cordinator in Linnehan, but he moved away to the Dolphins and now our old O-Line coach took over (again cheapness). I worry about him for two reasons, 1. Tice was our former O-line coach and 2. his last name is Loney. That just sounds dangerous. I would say that I am scared because I've never heard of him, but then again I'd never heard of Tice Denny Green was on the rocks either. No. 2 is special teams. We let Gary Anderson retire a few years ago and suffered through Doug Brien (singlehandedly lost two games in 2002) and Aaron Elling. Morton Anderson is a great guy to fall back on, he did everything asked for last year, but as far as I know the Vikings are looking to bring in Elling instead of bringing Morten back. Dunno about that. Then its not just the kicking, the coverage was awful out there too. I am hoping that the new depth to the defense can help some of the guys replaced (Shaw, Henderson, Brian Williams, etc) get better out there. Don't know though. On the good side, apparently our punter has had a good NFL Europe season, so he should outdo the choke that was Darren Bennett last year.

I think that when all is said and done, the Vikings have less question marks then they did last year, and that they should easily be the second best team in the league, if not the best. Philly is completely up in the air with me right now, but I still expect them to be the top team right now. Atlanta is the other serious team in the NFC, but like I said so much last year I think they were a fluke. Their division turned out to be awful (Carolina sucked early on, same with New Orleans) and they had one of the biggest cupcake schedules in the league, even in the playoffs where they got St. Louis, who barely stumbled into the weak NFC tables. I'm not saying they were bad, but I think the Vikings could have beaten them in the playoffs, and I think there record was decieving. This year they got better with Roddy White, and I think they will be a legit top team now, but I'd assume that Carolina is back to normal and New Orleans finished hot too, so who knows.

NFC Predictions:
Philadelphia**
Minnesota**
Atlanta**
St. Louis**
Carolina*
Dallas*
Detroit
Seattle
NY Giants
Arizona
Green Bay
Chicago
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Washington

** = Division Winner
* = Playoff team

5. Taste it
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

RP
05-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Monday night. November 7th 2005. Monday night Football. If the Indianapolis Colts lose. There season is over.

Triple A
05-13-2005, 05:00 AM
Cleveland is in the AFC, and it's Sam Cowart, not Coward.

RP
05-13-2005, 05:02 AM
And San Francisco would smoke Cleveland.

OssMan
05-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Vikings Nfl Preview

MoRcHeEbA
05-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I still don't know why the Vikings don't trade for James or Alexander it's not like they can't afford to take on another big contract.

BCWWF
05-13-2005, 04:40 PM
I spelled it Cowart, unless I had a typo on one of the times.

Also, I wasn't looking at anything and I couldn't remember the last team, if its not Cleveland, who is it???

MoRcHeEbA
05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Washington

MoRcHeEbA
05-13-2005, 04:58 PM
I spelled it Cowart, unless I had a typo on one of the times.

Also, I wasn't looking at anything and I couldn't remember the last team, if its not Cleveland, who is it???

Alphabean spelt it Coward probably as a joke since the very next sentence he spelt it right.

RoXer
05-13-2005, 11:04 PM
I've said this at the end of the season last year, during the off-season, and I'll say it now...

The Arizona Cardinals will win the NFC West this year.

BCWWF
05-14-2005, 12:56 AM
I think the Rams will, personally. They still have the offense intact and made just enough improvements on D to win it again. That being said, I have no idea what to expect from the Seahawks. They were supposed to be amazing last year but were just kind of :meh:, but I don't know what their predictions are for this year. As of now they still have their main weapons on offense though, thats why I have them kinda high.

The Cardinals really could be good, I liked their draft a lot. They got their corner, who should be good, and then getting Arrington in the second was a good pick too. I was surprised he was valued so low by the scouts, cause he was awesome on college. Then Fitzgerald could come out and do his thing too. I have two questions though, 1. Did they get Travis Henry yet? 2. Do they have a quarterback yet?

RoXer
05-14-2005, 01:00 AM
1) No. I think they still have Marcell Shipp who will..get the job done. He puts up...decent numbers.

2) Yes. Kurt Warner. McCowen might learn a thing or two from him.

BCWWF
05-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Oh yeah Kurt Warner. Even so, they could be pretty good. I was shocked when you guys didn't take Chris Hovan though, not that he is amazing or anything, but he would have fit in there. He's weird I guess.

The Miz
05-14-2005, 09:55 AM
The Vikings are a legit Super Bowl contender this season, you're hearing it right now.
Here we go again

Gonzo
05-14-2005, 10:24 AM
The Vikings are going to be at best 8-8 this year.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-14-2005, 04:35 PM
The Vikings have an easy as fuck schedule so they'll prolly wind up 9-7.

MoRcHeEbA
05-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm going to the Vikings game when they play the steelers this year :heart:

MoRcHeEbA
05-14-2005, 04:54 PM
vikings will probably start off 8-0 then lose to the gay Giants

road doggy dogg
05-14-2005, 05:08 PM
detroit what

Nervous Ferret
05-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Haha this reminds me of the commercial they play during the playoffs every year.

Ricky Williams has one thing on his mind, and that's winning football games.

RoXer
05-14-2005, 09:47 PM
"Who did the Steelers draft this year?"

"I don't know, Ben Rollersomething"

Nervous Ferret
05-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Well I guess I'll try my hand at hyping my team up before the season starts. So let's talk Jets. To start with losing Hackett was the best thing they could have done, and bringing over Heimerdinger can do nothing but help Justin McCairens. And of course, Lavernious returning is awesome, I don't think Chad and Santanna Moss ever really developed any chemistry, something Pennington and Coles had the 1st snap Chad took. The TE they got for the 1st round draft pick, (cant think of his name right now) is a big upgrade from the Becht/Baker schpeel they were trying to pull, and there is the drafting of Nugent, Miller 2 picks made most likely entirely to contribute to special teams. Damn have you seen Justin Miller return punts, holy shit the kid is fast. And yeah everyone knows what Nugent can do compared to Doug Brien, :mad:. Eric Coleman and Derrick Strait are the future of the Jets secondary, Dewayne Robertson has become a monster, resigning Abraham will do nothing but get the D-line 10-15 sacks this year. And there's still rumor of Ty Law going to the Jets. And Vilma who is becoming a top linebacker, thngs are looking up for the Jets.

And of course they lost Kareem McKenzie, and Lamont Jordan, and Curtis is only getting older, we won't talk about those right now. :mad:

MoRcHeEbA
05-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Pennington sucks balls

Nervous Ferret
05-14-2005, 10:59 PM
throws like a girl

The Outlaw
05-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Here we go again
Word. Getting prepared to hear that until the season starts...

BCWWF also said Randy Moss would be a Viking for life so ya know

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Vikings will be better off with Randy Moss off the team.

BCWWF
05-15-2005, 03:18 AM
Word. Getting prepared to hear that until the season starts...

BCWWF also said Randy Moss would be a Viking for life so ya know
Whats your deal? Its like you only come to the sports forum to write "lol' after people's posts that aren't funny and write stupid comments like this. Why don't you say something valuble if you are so much smarter then me. The last thing of any substance I can remember you saying is that the Miami Heat would be a bad team without Shaq. What?

BCWWF
05-15-2005, 03:21 AM
And while you are at it, give me one good reason why I shouldn't be saying this? Are the Vikings not a legit contender? Tell me why? Were the Timberwolves not considered one of the top teams in the West before the season started? Are the Twins not the third or fourth best team in the AL right now? Its not like I am pulling shit out of my ass, after the Wolves started sucking I didn't come back saying that they were still the best team, and after the Vikings slid I didn't say that they were still a super bowl contender. Right now they are, and if you disagree then say something about it, don't make little smart ass comments.

Nervous Ferret
05-15-2005, 05:27 AM
This year will be all about the R.A.P.E.

Gonzo
05-15-2005, 09:53 AM
All I'm saying about the Vikings is that when they roll up into the Meadowlands, the Giants are going to make them their bitch again. What will this be, 4, maybe 5 years now?

The Outlaw
05-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Whats your deal? Its like you only come to the sports forum to write "lol' after people's posts that aren't funny and write stupid comments like this. Why don't you say something valuble if you are so much smarter then me. The last thing of any substance I can remember you saying is that the Miami Heat would be a bad team without Shaq. What?
Yes, because I said "lol" after his post.

And yeah Gonzo, the last time the Vikes beat the Giants was '01 I do believe.

Also, Im not really sure when I said Miami would be a bad team without Shaq. I said the Lakers would be a bad team without Shaq, but I dont remember saying the Heat would. I might have said the Heat would have more trouble without Shaq (obviously), but not a bad team.

Point me to the post though.

MoRcHeEbA
05-15-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon2.gif

*points you to the post*

Gertner
05-15-2005, 05:53 PM
why bother with this whole thread

Super Bowl Spoiler

Pats win again bitch

BCWWF
05-15-2005, 05:53 PM
The thread is called Lakers-Clippers-Heat, go find it

BCWWF
05-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I really think that this year the Pats lost too much this year. It looks like they can make up for Ty Law if last years guys stay that good, but I think Losing Troy Brown hurts them in a different way. He just seemed like a team leader out there. And then nobody could have expected Tedy Bruschi out, but I think that will be the big one to hurt them unfortunately. Who knows though, they are the Patriots.

Gertner
05-15-2005, 09:53 PM
They replace everything they lose. If Ty Law was such a HUGE loss then why hasn't he been signed by anybody yet? Brown really was at the end of his career and picking up Terrel could be huge, plus they gotta get Bethal Johnson more time. I still smell a threepeat

MoRcHeEbA
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
losing both co-ordinators would hurt the best team but I don't see why the Pats wont win the AFC unless some stupid team like the gay Jets surprise them or something.

BCWWF
05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I said that losing Brown and Law would hurt but not too bad, but I said what would hurt them the most would be Bruschi. How do you make up for that?

The Outlaw
05-16-2005, 06:36 PM
The thread is called Lakers-Clippers-Heat, go find itNope. It isn't there.

Next?

And just to make this post not completely off topic, Minnesota will go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl. You heard it here first guys. :kiss:

BCWWF
05-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Thats going out on a limb :shifty:

Nervous Ferret
05-16-2005, 07:34 PM
losing both co-ordinators would hurt the best team but I don't see why the Pats wont win the AFC unless some stupid team like the gay Jets surprise them or something.RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE!!!

Rain Man
05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Eagles are really up in the air. Owens being a bitch (which was gonna happen sooner or later), Eagles not signing Westbrook yet (I think), and loosing a couple key players. I still think they will have a top D, and if they get the whole Owens, Westbrook thing straighten out they should be fine.

Ronnie Brown=Next Marvin Harrison, from what I hear

MoRcHeEbA
05-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Eagles should still be the best team easily but they seem like they've got the most problems at the moment. If they get rid of Owens no one is gonna give them anything for him since he's nothing but trouble. They got rid of Mitchell meaning there starting recievers would be Stinkston and there Rookie. Westbrook said he'll sign the tender but wont be happy. Hollis Thomas has said he wants out. Corey Simon said he'll hold out unless he gets a new contract.

I never realized just how many problems that sounds like. SEESH.

BCWWF
05-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Is there another Ronnie Brown besides the RB?

The NFC is definately going to be competitive this year. If Roddy White really comes through for Atlanta, the Eagles sort out their shit, the Vikings don't collapse, and the Rams defense shows up there will be four really good teams right there.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-17-2005, 07:29 PM
It's Reggie Brown but yeah he's gonna be good. Not as good as Chris Henry but good.

BCWWF
05-17-2005, 09:34 PM
There was a thing on Sports Center today about like incentives in contracts and stuff, part of it was on Corey Dillon. Its annoying because you just can't hate the Pats, no matter what you do.

Gonzo
05-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't hate the Pats, I was rooting for them. That was mainly because I hate the Eagles but I didn't mind seeing themselves establish themselves as one of the better teams we have seen in the past 10 years, maybe even the entire history of football.

After 3 titles in 4 years though, I think its time for a change. This year looks to be that year. I don't think the Pats can go it again.

BCWWF
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I wasn't directing that comment at you or anything, I was just saying it in general. I only know of one person who hates them, and thats a guy from school who lives in St. Louis and is a die hard Rams fan.

ANYWAY:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

ESPN's preseason power rankings

BCWWF
05-17-2005, 10:10 PM
ESPN
1. Philadelphia
2. Minnesota
3. Atlanta
4. Carolina
5. Dallas
6. Seattle
7. Detroit
8. Green Bay
9. New Orleans
10. St. Louis
11. Arizona
12. New York Giants
13. Chicago
14. Tampa Bay
15. Washington
16. San Francisco

BCWWF:
1. Philadelphia
2. Minnesota
3. Atlanta
4. St. Louis
5. Carolina
6. Dallas
7. Detroit
8. Seattle
9. NY Giants
10. Arizona
11. Green Bay
12. Chicago
13. New Orleans
14.Tampa Bay
15. San Francisco
16. Washington

Besides completely blowing up St. Louis and putting too little on Seattle, I was pretty close.

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Fuck Reggie Brown, I got all confused thought it was Ronnie my bad.. Il'll take burn my self with cigarretes now

HHH = 3 H's Too Many
06-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Since NFL.com has no contact email address for questions and whatnot, I figured that I could throw this question at you guys and see if you could think of any logical reason for something being the way it is.

Upon looking over the schedules for the upcoming season, I noticed that my team, the Bucs, haven't got a single Monday Night Football game. I also noticed that the most overrated team in the NFL (not including Big Ben ^_^) has three... and I didn't even finish looking over the second half of the schedule, I was just too pissed to continue. Is it just me, or is the NFL totally blowing off fans that do not live in the same area as the team they like? A string of 1 o'clock games and a 4 o'clock here and there isn't gonna get me what I want, and I refuse to pay for some ridiculous service to follow my team. WTF is this crap? Go Bucs... Die Steelers... Have a nice day.

BCWWF
06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
I kind of liked when every team had at least one Monday Night game, even though that would cause for some bad matchups once in a while. Especially being an out of town fan, it sucks to not have national showings.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Teams usually get Monday night games because they are good, have a big national fan base, or have a big rivalry with another team, all of which the Bucs lack.

Splaya
06-02-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll review Detroit sometime in the near future.

Innovator
06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
This is awesome for the Giants, we always do well when everyone counts us out.

RoXer
06-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I've said this at the end of the season last year, during the off-season, and I'll say it now...

The Miz
06-02-2005, 02:25 PM
No

The Outlaw
06-02-2005, 06:41 PM
lol

BCWWF
06-02-2005, 08:42 PM
I thought the Rams were going to be a lot better this year, but experts on ESPN etc. don't seem to think so, and I'm not putting too much faith in Seattle, so I would give Arizona a legit chance. It will for sure be a stretch, but I wouldn't count them out with that division they are in.

The Miz
06-02-2005, 09:38 PM
No

BCWWF
06-03-2005, 12:51 AM
My bad

Rain Man
06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
The Philadelphia Sports Talk Radio is having a Can Food Drive for Terrel Owens, because he can't "support" his family.. LOL

The Outlaw
06-15-2005, 04:59 PM
If I only had a brain...

http://www.extremeskins.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=banghaha&file=index

LoDownM
06-15-2005, 07:16 PM
KC wins it all for Vermils last season before he retires :cool:

The Highlander
06-15-2005, 10:08 PM
No NFL team has won three straight Super Bowls. This year will be no different. New England's coaching staff has been gutted, Big Ben is an experianced NFL Quarterback. Steelers get that elusive "One for the thumb" this season after beating Minnesota in the Super Bowl.

The Miz
06-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Minnesota in the Super Bowl. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Brown resigned with the Pats for less than what he could have gotten with the Saints.

Patriots also got their rings the other day, shit is pimp.

Gonzo
06-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Highlander, you are correct about the Patriots. Shut up about everything else.

I'm highly optimistic about the Giants this year, but what am I getting my hopes up for? They'll blow it. So then again, thats probably more pessimistic.

road doggy dogg
06-16-2005, 12:40 AM
No NFL team has won three straight Super Bowls. This year will be no different. New England's coaching staff has been gutted, Big Ben is an experianced NFL Quarterback. Steelers get that elusive "One for the thumb" this season after beating Minnesota in the Super Bowl.

Dunno, their coach is still head and shoulders above every other one in the NFL

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-16-2005, 01:22 AM
ALL THEY DO IS WIN BABY

3 in a row will be tough, but so wasn't winning the 1st one. As well as winning the 2nd one, then winning the 3rd one/2 in a row. Patriots aren't going to roll through everyone but I like their chances. They lost a lot of the coaching staff but they where replaced with inhouse guys so the systems stay the same. Other than the coaching staff they didn't lose much. Ty Law was a non factor last season. The secondary did an alright job to me - winning the Superbowl and everything. Even bringing up Ty Law and considering him a loss is ridiculous. He barely even played last year. Sure it would be great to have him back because he's a great cornerback but they obviously didn't need him last year.

Troy Brown was brought back. David Patten was lost, but David Terrell aswell as Tim Dwight where added. So Dieon Branch, Brown, Terrell, Dwight, P.K. Sam, Bethal Johnson, and David Givens now round out the recieving core. You got Graham and Fauria at the TE spots with athletic freak Watson competing for time this year after being out last year.

Joe Andruzzi was lost from the offensive line but the Patriots used their 1st round pick on guard Logan Mankins so that should work out well. Dan Koppen from Boston College has been real nice on the offensive line since the Patriots picked him up in the draft. Hasn't missed a game yet.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-16-2005, 01:27 AM
On the defensive side of the ball things are different though. Losing Bruschi will hurt big time, and Seymour is holding out. I am sure he will play this season but the risk is still there. They made some solid pick ups in the off season though. No huge names or anything like that, but guys that seem to fit perfectly into the Patriots system. I am feeling good about the upcoming season, that's all I know.

BCWWF
06-16-2005, 03:18 AM
We were talking about the Pats tonight. A lot of my friends think they will repeat, I am not as optimistic as I was last year.

My reason being: Every year the Patriots get rid of their expendable guys. The guys who they are replacable for less money basically. Milloy, Washington, I dunno there's been a lot of guys. This year the biggest one was probably Ty Law, and if that was the case then yeah I think they would have been just as good as they were last year.

Where I start to think otherwise though is with Bruschi. People finally admitted that he was one helluva player last year (I say that because people have a tendency to say that the Patriots don't have great players, but rather players who can play together or other shit like that. THEY HAVE GREAT PLAYERS!) Anyway, Bruschi wasn't one of those guys who is replaceable like Ty Law. They weren't planning on losing him not being back next year, so I think when a guy like that doesn't come back, it will hurt them a lot.

Anyway, I don't see why it is such a shock that somebody other then myself thinks Minnesota is a good team. They changed from a team that is based on outscoring to a team that is very balanced. We all know that teams based on outscoring their opponents don't work. The Vikings in 1998, the Colts of 2005, etc. This year we come into the season with a much more balanced offense, no star reciever but two running backs that were horribly under used last season. But more importantly we added a defense. Pat Williams will do the same thing that Siragusa and Sapp did for their teams, Sam Cowart and Napolean Harris will give us a linebacking corp that at least exists. Then Smoot, Winfield, Sharper, Chavous, and Williams give us arguably one of the top secondarys in the NFC.

Besides that, really what NFC teams out there are so much better then the Vikings coming into the season that it makes it laughable to mention their name? Is it the Eagles, who's egotistical star is holding out? I assume he will play, but that doesn't do a whole lot for team chemistry now does it? The only other team I consider good in the NFC besides the Eagles and Vikings is the Falcons. Roddy White is huge for them. Besides those three teams, who is so good in the NFC?

AlphaBean
06-16-2005, 03:52 AM
In gameplan, the Vikings are good. That is, in theory. Not even on paper anymore.

I have no faith in Cottrell, no faith in Loney, and by god absolutely NO faith in Tice as coaches. Our offense is good, but the new philosophy is to grind it out? COME ON. Granted, we abandoned the run too easily, but I just don't buy the idea that a high-priced piecemeal defense will get it done. It didn't work for the Rams, or for the Redskins, I doubt it will work for Minnesota.

NE got it done with good, hard-working veterans. The Vikings get burned with all cock and no balls rookies. We used to have veterans, but we opted for speed. Our speed got burned so we opted for veterans. It just never works. Until we get some coaches,it won't work.

Personally, I liked our defense's look under O'Leary. The D-Line got penetration, and instead of getting sacks, they put their hands up and forced the INTs.

Last year: Interceptions were a fraction of the year before, and every time we got a sack, we gave up the 3rd and long conversion on the very next play. Who gives a fuck about sacks when you can't stop the pass?

AlphaBean
06-16-2005, 03:53 AM
We were talking about the Pats tonight. A lot of my friends think they will repeat, I am not as optimistic as I was last year.

My reason being: Every year the Patriots get rid of their expendable guys. The guys who they are replacable for less money basically. Milloy, Washington, I dunno there's been a lot of guys. This year the biggest one was probably Ty Law, and if that was the case then yeah I think they would have been just as good as they were last year.

Where I start to think otherwise though is with Bruschi. People finally admitted that he was one helluva player last year (I say that because people have a tendency to say that the Patriots don't have great players, but rather players who can play together or other shit like that. THEY HAVE GREAT PLAYERS!) Anyway, Bruschi wasn't one of those guys who is replaceable like Ty Law. They weren't planning on losing him not being back next year, so I think when a guy like that doesn't come back, it will hurt them a lot.

Anyway, I don't see why it is such a shock that somebody other then myself thinks Minnesota is a good team. They changed from a team that is based on outscoring to a team that is very balanced. We all know that teams based on outscoring their opponents don't work. The Vikings in 1998, the Colts of 2005, etc. This year we come into the season with a much more balanced offense, no star reciever but two running backs that were horribly under used last season. But more importantly we added a defense. Pat Williams will do the same thing that Siragusa and Sapp did for their teams, Sam Cowart and Napolean Harris will give us a linebacking corp that at least exists. Then Smoot, Winfield, Sharper, Chavous, and Williams give us arguably one of the top secondarys in the NFC.

Besides that, really what NFC teams out there are so much better then the Vikings coming into the season that it makes it laughable to mention their name? Is it the Eagles, who's egotistical star is holding out? I assume he will play, but that doesn't do a whole lot for team chemistry now does it? The only other team I consider good in the NFC besides the Eagles and Vikings is the Falcons. Roddy White is huge for them. Besides those three teams, who is so good in the NFC?
You're completely ignoring the Panthers.

Shame on you.

BCWWF
06-16-2005, 04:30 AM
I did forget about the Panthers, but still out of those four teams I am the most skeptical of them just because of their season last year.

AlphaBean
06-16-2005, 04:43 AM
Imagine the impact the Vikings losing Jimmy, Rosey, Moss, Irvin etc. had.

Multiply that by maybe three. Now you've got the Panthers.

Then you think, where were they a little shakey with their healthy starters? Probably in the secondary.

WELL HEY THERE THOMAS DAVIS! HOW YA DOIN KEN LUCAS? :eek:

A scary defense is even scarier.

I definitely buy it. Sure, they don't have Moose, but they have Jake Delhomme, who proved that he doesn't need a running game to be effective. He adjusted, and became a true field general.

I mean come on, NICK GOINGS!

road doggy dogg
06-16-2005, 04:47 AM
On the defensive side of the ball things are different though. Losing Bruschi will hurt big time, and Seymour is holding out. I am sure he will play this season but the risk is still there. They made some solid pick ups in the off season though. No huge games or anything like that, but guys that seem to fit perfectly into the Patriots system. I am feeling good about the upcoming season, that's all I know.

Well they did get Chad Brown, so losing Brushi isn't AS BAD as it could have been since Brown isn't bad by any means. That's assuming Bruschi won't be playing, and he still might though it's kinda doubtful

AlphaBean
06-16-2005, 05:12 AM
LOL, Bruschi will be effective as long as the opposing team only runs plays in one direction. ;)

Mr. Monday Morning
06-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Since NFL.com has no contact email address for questions and whatnot, I figured that I could throw this question at you guys and see if you could think of any logical reason for something being the way it is.

Upon looking over the schedules for the upcoming season, I noticed that my team, the Bucs, haven't got a single Monday Night Football game. I also noticed that the most overrated team in the NFL (not including Big Ben ^_^) has three... and I didn't even finish looking over the second half of the schedule, I was just too pissed to continue. Is it just me, or is the NFL totally blowing off fans that do not live in the same area as the team they like? A string of 1 o'clock games and a 4 o'clock here and there isn't gonna get me what I want, and I refuse to pay for some ridiculous service to follow my team. WTF is this crap? Go Bucs... Die Steelers... Have a nice day.

Maybe the Bucs will get on TV in 2007 when Glazer makes them ship a regular season game over here.

AlphaBean
06-16-2005, 08:03 AM
I love that fucking recipe for MNF. Yeah, successful teams get prime time games.

LOL imagine that... Dolphins have the best RB in the league :lol: so book them!

Raiders Superbowl runners up.... you know they're gonna rock!

Panthers too!

:nono:

Gonzo
06-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah for real. Monday Night Football would be so much better if they put huge division rivalries and shit, just huge rivalries from the old divisions. Makes for much better games instead of putting a team on there for a player. :roll:

AlphaBean
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
LOL! Michael Vick. :love:

BCWWF
06-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Remember when everybody jumped on the "The Falcons are not based around Michael Vick" bandwagon last year?

SammyG
06-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Remember when he killed the Rams in a divisional playoff game? :(:(

BCWWF
06-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah, but its the Rams...

Dunno, just not a fan of Marc Bulger for some reason. I just don't see him ever being good enough.

AlphaBean
06-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Well he's far better than Joey Harrington. And for as low of a draft pick as he was, he's pretty goddamn good.

Which is to say, when you're picked that low, you're expected to be a backup at best. I'd put him third behind Brady and Warner in that "category."

BCWWF
06-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Well I mean I'm not doubting that he can play in the NFL, like I'm not saying he's bad, but I just don't see him as a guy that can carry a team to the Super Bowl.

road doggy dogg
06-30-2005, 03:23 PM
WElllll the latest rumor is that Owens might get traded to the Raiders for Jerry Porter. THAT would make things interesting in Oakland. Moss and Owens? Scary.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah I heard that too. No fucking way that would work.

el fregadero
06-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Randy Moss, Terell Owens... Kerry Collins

MoRcHeEbA
06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
sounds sexy

MoRcHeEbA
06-30-2005, 04:57 PM
they should trade woodson for a better QB

MoRcHeEbA
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Rothlisberger :shifty:

RoXer
06-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Randy Moss, Terell Owens...

...Andrew Walter!

BCWWF
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
The Strait of Gebralter

The Miz
06-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Trent Dilfer

Excellance of Execution
06-30-2005, 10:39 PM
I think Buffalo is going to surprise some people this year. By no means am i predicting winning the SuperBowl, but they've made some changes that i think can drastically change this team. First off, they finally got rid of the statue (Bledsoe). Now, i'm not saying Losman will make all the right decisions, but he can atleast move and scramble and not take 6 million sack's. They have McGahee, with a very solid year under his belt to gain confidence after his knee injury. I will predict that he will win the rushing title this year. Of course, barring injury. The only question mark that Buffalo has is the O-line, and toward's the end of last year they were starting to come together. They lost Jonas Jenning's to San Fran, but i believe he was highly over-rated and equally over paid. Hopefully, the few o-line people they picked up will fill the holes. We have one of the best defenses in the game. They only loss was Big Pat to the Vikes. He's a good run stopper, but that's about it. I feel he was replaceable. We also have one of the best special team's in the NFL. So with that said, i feel Buffalo will turn some head's this year and surprise a lot of people. A lot of people don't think they will do well, but i like it when people over look you, it give's you motivation to beat your opponents.

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 10:48 PM
I didn't even see this thread until now.

Anyway, the Jets lost my favorite player (Lamont :( )and lost the new stadium. But we got rid of Hackett and that fucking doosh bag kicker, who's name doesn't deserve to be mentioned.

Should be an alright year. Hope Pennington stays healthy

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-30-2005, 11:26 PM
TO and Moss would not work at all. What if in one game TO got 14 balls and Moss only got 4? Or vice versa? Would be so much drama it would be ridiculous

AlphaBean
06-30-2005, 11:50 PM
I think Buffalo is going to surprise some people this year. By no means am i predicting winning the SuperBowl, but they've made some changes that i think can drastically change this team. First off, they finally got rid of the statue (Bledsoe). Now, i'm not saying Losman will make all the right decisions, but he can atleast move and scramble and not take 6 million sack's. They have McGahee, with a very solid year under his belt to gain confidence after his knee injury. I will predict that he will win the rushing title this year. Of course, barring injury. The only question mark that Buffalo has is the O-line, and toward's the end of last year they were starting to come together. They lost Jonas Jenning's to San Fran, but i believe he was highly over-rated and equally over paid. Hopefully, the few o-line people they picked up will fill the holes. We have one of the best defenses in the game. They only loss was Big Pat to the Vikes. He's a good run stopper, but that's about it. I feel he was replaceable. We also have one of the best special team's in the NFL. So with that said, i feel Buffalo will turn some head's this year and surprise a lot of people. A lot of people don't think they will do well, but i like it when people over look you, it give's you motivation to beat your opponents.
I think the Vikings proved that a good Nose Tackle can't be overlooked. Hovan = :nono: Kevin Williams = :love:

And think about the Kevin Williams draft class, with Joseph, Kennedy, Sullivan, etc. You can't just throw a big body in there. If Williams was not just a product of his system, I think he will make the Vikings defensive line amazing. And even if he is a product of his system, that's a system Ted put in place.

Anyway, Sam Adams didn't do much alone in Oakland, but he sure kicked ass in Baltimore and Buffalo, yeah? Cause he had Goose and Sam... two huge mofos to back him up. :y:

Gonzo
07-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah fucking William Joseph man. :mad: This year he is going to get his chance to do something, if he doesn't his ass is gone.

AlphaBean
07-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I was wrong to wish the Vikings picked Jimmy Kennedy over K-Dub :(

On the other hand, I was hoping we would pick up Wilfork instead of BKU. And I stand by that.

Hopefully Udeze will earn his keep after his shoulder surgery.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I bet Wilfork is happy about that not happening though :cool:

AlphaBean
07-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Shut up. If we had Wilfork instead of Hovan, we'd have won the championship. :mad:

Also, if we had Bruschi and Rodney Harrison.

And Belicheck.

And Larry Izzo.

The Highlander
07-01-2005, 11:21 PM
LOL! Ron Mexico. :love:

AlphaBean
07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
LOL I was on some Vikings forum where they had a filter. The name "Vick" or "Michael Vick" was automatically changed to "Ron Mexico."

Until recently, I wasn't even aware of the Ron Mexico fiasco. When I read it, I ROFLMFAO'd so hard. More than any other NFL player's idiocy. More than the Whizzinator, even.

Or like, Mighty Mouse of the Jailblazers with a bunch of weed wrapped in aluminum foil going through the metal detectors at the airport. :wtf:

BCWWF
07-01-2005, 11:51 PM
So Alphabean, from reports I've heard, Troy Williamson definately has the speed and athleticism that was advertised, but his hands aren't exactly pillows, if you know what I mean. What do you take of it, a giant mistake by the Vikings or exagerated reports on a rookie?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Ron Mexico?

RP
07-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I've sat back and taken in everything everyone is saying. Now here are my thought on the '06 season.

Lets start with the NFC.

In the East , I like the Giants. They're D will be healthy. Eli has a couple of targets to throw at. Shockey will be healthy. I dont think they are far off from that team that went to the Superbowl a couple of years ago. Philly will be good. I think Philly will get a wild card. Redskins and Cowboys = 8-8.

In the North , Everyone is in love with the Vikings. I'm in love with Detroit. I'll take Detroit coming out of this division. Once they bench Harrington ( THEY WILL BENCH HARRINGTON ) Garcia will run that team brilliantly. Mooch might be chasing a Superbowl ring soon.

In the South , Carolina is going to be big this year. They're D is as good as any in the league. Foster and Alexander will be healthy this year. They stilln have a good receiving core even tho they lost Muhamed. They've been there before. They know how to get to the playoffs and the Superbowl. This team is going to shock some people again. Not to mention they were hot at the end of the year last year. Delhome may have been one of the best QB's in league in the second half of the season. I'm big on Carolina. The Saints will be the Saints. Start 6-2. Finish 2-6. Atlanta will challenge for the division but I think Carolina will be too much .

In the West, I love Arizona . They got a great Offense. If they're O-line protects Warner just a little bit. they'll be 8-8. I think they will win the division by default. I dont like the Rams. The Seahawks just seem like a train wreck waiting to happen. I bet that Shaun Alexander issue will catch fire during the season and disrupt.

As for the AFC...

In the East, I'm taking the Patriots. Not by many games tho. I think Buffalo and the Jets will be there. This division and the South division may be the best divisions this year. I think the Jets will get a wild card again this year. I dont trust Losman just yet.

In the North, Baltimore Ravens. I think Kyle Boller is ready to step up and be a Superstar. Jamal Lewis has his court deal behind him. They have a decent core of recievers and Todd Heap is one of the best tight ends in the league. They're defense is one of the best in the league. I think Pittsburgh will have a horrible downfall to 8-8. Big Ben will have a tough year imo. Your running backs arent great. Bettis is old, Stayley is inconsistant. Hines Ward will be double and triple teamed all season long because of the loss of Plaxico. PLaxico made teams really have to spread thin in the defensive back field. Steelers will hurt from that loss imo. They're defense will still be good but not great. I think they will be on the field alot this season. Its going to take its toll. I think the Bengals will be better then the Steelers this year. The Bengals might get a wild card spot this year. Carson Palmer may have an incredible season this year , but i'll take the Ravens.

In the West , I like the Chiefs. They really seem to improve they're defense this year. They're offense is still one of the elite in the NFL. I dont know about Trent Green. I'll leave it at that, but i think all together they should be in contention of a Superbowl. Oakland will definetly be in the playoff hunt. Mostly because of Moss. San Diego will come down a bit. Denver will be Denver. A whole lot of bark. Not alot of bite. Probably will finish last in the division. Unless San Diego comes down a whole lot.

In the South, I'm taking Indianapolis. They're defense is much better from 2 years ago . They have a idenity now and with Marlin Jackson coming in as a possible rookie of the year canidate, I think Indy's defense will be good. They're offense will be one of the best again. Maybe this year the NFL will realise that the O-line in Indy is one of the best and most versitile in the league, and get a couple of them in the Pro Bowl this year. They have 3 potential Pro Bowl recievers. Edge will get his 1300 running 900 rec 15 td's. Manning will be at a MVP caliber. I doubt he will duplicate last years performance , but i dont see why he wont have another pro bowl year. Everyone talks about Jacksonville as being Superbowl bound. You'll hear it here first. Look out for the Texans. This team worries me. They have a good defense and David Carr is the next Brett Farve imo. The guy slings it. He's one of the most exciting QB's in the league for me to watch. He's got a solid rb and great recievers to throw too. If they can protect him and he can cut down on his Int's. The Texans are going to the playoffs this year.

My Picks...

NFC Championship game , Detroit Lions v.s. Carolina Panthers.

Panthers win.

AFC Championship game. Kansas City Chiefs v.s. Indianapolis Colts.

Cheifs win

Kansas City Chiefs vs Carolina Panthers .

Panthers win.

Here's a few random thoughts.....

November 7th the Patriots go down.

I'm intrested in seeing what team Doug Brien gets signed to half way through the season. I hope Vanderjact dont get injured. :lol:

Reggie Wayne = Pro bowler.

NFL MVP = You know , this may be a stretch , but i'm going to say Willis McGahee.

NFL rookie of the year= Cedric Benson. I just have a hunch here.

This will be Brett Farves last year. They're D is going to be horrid this year.

I like Billy Volek more then i like Air McNair.

I have no clue what to make of Seattle or St. Louis. Thats why i picked Arizona.

Everyone is on the Minnesota bandwagon. I'm not. I think they'll go 10-6. Maybe get a wild card. Honestly i feel like they are the Redskins of a couple of years ago. Alot of talent thrown on that defense. Not a whole lot of chemistry. Not very good. I migh be wrong , but prove me wrong is what i say. Detroit is the real deal. So i wouldnt be talking to much shit Vikings fans.

Either Kyle Boller or Carson Palmer will get snubber from the Pro Bowl.

Urlacher will have a monster season this year.

Vinatari will get hurt and the Patriots will sign Doug Brien.

Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss , T.O or Chad Johnson will break 2,000 yards in a season.

el fregadero
07-02-2005, 02:29 AM
I agree with the Texans thing, they are definitely flying under the radar right now.

RP
07-02-2005, 02:36 AM
I agree with the Texans thing, they are definitely flying under the radar right now.

They could steel the division .

el fregadero
07-02-2005, 02:38 AM
I think you and I both hope not.

RP
07-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Colts are probably too much for the Titans defense. Now the Jags on the other hand. I can see them splitting with Indy.

el fregadero
07-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Titans are still a joke. They will be until McNair is gone probably.

RP
07-02-2005, 02:46 AM
Unless he's completly healthy. But like i said before. I like Billy Volek. He seemed to get a good rythm going with Drew Bennett. Titans are a joke. 5-11

el fregadero
07-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Yeah, when they took McNair out they started to d alot better. Didn't they finish like 7-9?

el fregadero
07-02-2005, 02:49 AM
lol nevermind 5-11 :o

RP
07-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Well, They pretty much played in track meets. I mean they're D is horrid. They got torched way to much last year. I dont see why it wont happen this year.

el fregadero
07-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Didn't they get some stud corner guy in the draft?

el fregadero
07-02-2005, 02:57 AM
Yeah, that PacMan guy. They lost Samari though, that's not gonna help them. Speaking of Samari, the Ravens secondary is gonna be ridiculous next year if McAllister is back on par.

RP
07-02-2005, 03:01 AM
I almost picked the Ravens as AFC Champs. Man i'll tell ya, this Ravens vs Colts sunday night game is gunna be amazing.

RP
07-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Yah Pacman will be good if he doesnt find himself in jail anytime soon.

BCWWF
07-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Everybody here seems to hate the Vikings. I wonder why ;)

AlphaBean
07-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah... the Lions and the Vikings are both majorly flawed, as are the Packers, but all three should be able to make it... to the playoffs. But it's like the West. Seahawks and Rams... good teams, but not championship teams. I agree about the defense for the Vikes. It's very good "on paper," and on Madden. Talent-wise. But we keep rotating players and coaches. We have no continuity, which will never work. The Patriots championship team was players who were together for a long, long time, and folded into the mix... like a nice flaky pastry.

Anyway, the Packers find ways to win. The Lions find ways to lose. The Vikings are in the middle. They either win, or they lose convincingly most of the time. It's not a cruel twist of fate. They just don't have any heart.

BCWWF
07-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Realistic (IMO) prediction of Vikings season.

Tampa Bay - Win
Cincinnati - Win
New Orleans - Win (Feeling really confident)
Atlanta - Lose (a game that we could have won)
Chicago - Win (Chicago surprises a little bit)
Green Bay - Lose (a boneheaded loss)
Carolina - Lose (legit)
Detroit - Lose (hope is dwindling)
New York - Lose (morale is way down)
Green Bay - Win (big turnaround performance)
Cleveland - Win (only by default)
Detroit - Win (on a Lions fuck up)
St. Louis - Win (over confidence sets it from beating this "good" team)
Pittsburgh - Lose (very boring game, poorly played, no effort)
Baltimore - Win (big shocker)
Chicago - Win (chicago is out of motivation to try)

The Baltimore game could go either way

For a record of 10-6 and barely winning the NFC North. Goes into the playoffs without a bye and without much character. Beats first round team just by default, then faces a Philadelphia team that is struggling to find its identity and has personnel problems. A big emotional game on the road wins it, and they travel to Carolina for the NFC Championship game, where they get embarrassed by a score of 34 - 10.

RoXer
07-02-2005, 07:34 PM

The Miz
07-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Not gonna happen

AlphaBean
07-02-2005, 08:04 PM
If Warner stays 100% healthy, I think that the Cardinals could in fact win the West. It's possible.

But it's Denny Green. He won't get out of the Wildcard.

The Outlaw
07-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Ron Mexico?
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html

:lol:

RoXer
07-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah, and if Warner doesn't throw 9839423 interceptions.

AlphaBean
07-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Man if he does, then he will cement himself as a player who should never have been drafted.

Erm, I mean...

A player who will never see success in the NFL...

Uh...

A player who throws a lot of interceptions?

Nervous Ferret
07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Jets traded for Pete Hunter !!!!!!!

Nervous Ferret
07-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah and Randy McMicheal was arrested, again

Gonzo
07-14-2005, 04:26 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html

I realy wouldn't want to tackle a guy with herpes. I know there isn't really any danger but damn, thats pretty gross.

Giants, 8-8 this year, at best.

BCWWF
07-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Who's Pete Hunter?

RoXer
07-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Hahaha, good call.

DrA
07-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Who's Pete Hunter?
Cornerback for the Cowboys that was injured for most of last year.

Had some potential, but didn't really do a whole lot for the Cowboys' secondary.
Maybe he'll do better in New York.

Gonzo
07-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah I remember that name now. Showed a flash of promise here and there.

RP
07-18-2005, 01:19 AM

:roll:

Lotus
07-18-2005, 02:00 AM
For a record of 10-6 and barely winning the NFC North. Goes into the playoffs without a bye and without much character. Beats first round team just by default, then faces a Philadelphia team that is struggling to find its identity and has personnel problems. A big emotional game on the road wins it, and they travel to Carolina for the NFC Championship game, where they get embarrassed by a score of 34 - 10.
Sorry dude, but no way. Vikings will be good, but not good enough to get to the NFC Title Game.

BCWWF
07-18-2005, 04:38 AM
You say that like its some shocking statement. Chances are they likely won't, because they are the Vikings, but quite frankly the Eagles, Falcons, and Panthers are not unflawed teams either. They definately have the talent to make it there.

Lotus
07-18-2005, 01:07 PM
You say that like its some shocking statement. Chances are they likely won't, because they are the Vikings, but quite frankly the Eagles, Falcons, and Panthers are not unflawed teams either. They definately have the talent to make it there.
I didn't mean it like a shocking statement at all. Guess I just worded it wrong. But yeah, the NFC should be interesting. None of those teams look all that scary.

BCWWF
07-18-2005, 01:30 PM
The team that I am interested to see is Green Bay. On paper, they look like shit. They didn't improve at all from last season, but then they lost a couple linemen and their pro-bowl wide reciever is holding out. Then again, they have Brett Favre and are the Packers, so who knows.

Lotus
07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
True. There are years when I think they are going to suck dick, and then there are years where I think they are going to kick ass. And every year, they wind up somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5 no matter what. And then they fuck up in the playoffs (except for '97, well and those SB wins in the '60s, but who the fuck is counting those?)

My two teams are the Raiders and Falcons. As for the Raiders, a lot of people think they are going to kick ass just because they have Randy Moss. But other than that, they haven't made any huge changes from last year, so I see them going 7-9. As long as Norv Turner is coaching this team, they won't get past the 1st round of the playoffs. I've been watching the Raiders too long to think they are going to be good enough to be a Top 6 squad in the AFC. After thinking they would be 10-6 last year, I've pretty much given up trying to be optimistic with them for now.

As for the Falcons, it looks like they should win the South or at least get 2nd and a wild-card spot, but I'm skeptical. Throughout their 30-year-plus history, they have yet to make it to the playoffs two years in a row. Even after their 14-2 SB run with Jamal Anderson and Chris Chandler. Man, I thought they were going to kick some ass that year, and then Jamal got hurt in the 2nd game of the season against the Cowboys on Monday Night, and they had to win their last two games to get to 5-11. And then after they went 10-5-1 and beat the shit out of the Packers in the first round in 2003 before losing to Philly 20-6, Vick got injured and they went 5-11 again. So, I'm not totally optimistic. Still got that feeling that someone might get injured or they will just plain fuck up.

Innovator
07-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Hopefully this is a turn around season for the G-Men. We upgraded the O-line and linebacking core HUGE.

Jay Feely, new kicker

Kareem McKenzie, huge pick up for RT

We got some new wide out. I dunno some guy named PLAXICO

So the talent is there, hopefully if everything clicks we can give the Eagirls a run for their money.

MoRcHeEbA
07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
lol c'mon the Giants are terrible

MoRcHeEbA
07-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Sorry dude, but no way. Vikings will be good, but not good enough to get to the NFC Title Game.

They made it last year and are gonna better this year. care to explain?

MoRcHeEbA
07-18-2005, 04:24 PM
MY BAD didn't see your other post

Innovator
07-18-2005, 05:30 PM
lol c'mon the Giants are terribleblind faith is faith no less

AlphaBean
07-18-2005, 06:28 PM
The Giants may have upgraded some positions, but they're still shitty at QB.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Titans got Travis Henry today

AlphaBean
07-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks for that, Associated Press.

Gonzo
07-18-2005, 11:33 PM
The Giants may have upgraded some positions, but they're still shitty at QB.
I wouldn't say shitty, I would say unproven.

But then again look at the Vikings, they look good on paper but they just end up being shitty all around.

BCWWF
07-18-2005, 11:41 PM
The difference between this year and last year for the Vikings, was that last year it was all "Dontarrius Thomas and EJ Henderson are going to be good this year", but this year its not as much relying on guys being good for the first time, its relying on guys who are good to stay good. It still doesn't guarantee much with the Vikes, but I'd rather rely on Cowart then Dontarrius.

MoRcHeEbA
07-18-2005, 11:42 PM
and firing mike tice :shifty:

Gonzo
07-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah I'm gonna get some Superbowl tix this year.

MoRcHeEbA
07-18-2005, 11:50 PM
im gonna buy mike tice's super bowl tickets this year.

AlphaBean
07-18-2005, 11:53 PM
One for the both of us. :kiss:

MoRcHeEbA
07-18-2005, 11:55 PM
alphabean, WTF I went to buy tickets today for the pittsburgh game and it says I have to buy tickets for the chargers game also. WTF is that shit, can you get single tickets in minneapolis or do you have to buy two there aswell??

RP
07-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Whats wrong with the Chargers? They're pretty decent.

MoRcHeEbA
07-18-2005, 11:57 PM
I live 8 hours away im not driving there twice. Plus the Chargers game is in august and pittsburgh is in december.

RP
07-18-2005, 11:58 PM
twice in 4 months. Thats not bad.

BCWWF
07-19-2005, 02:54 AM
alphabean, WTF I went to buy tickets today for the pittsburgh game and it says I have to buy tickets for the chargers game also. WTF is that shit, can you get single tickets in minneapolis or do you have to buy two there aswell??

No, you have to know an executive of a company to get tickets to anything other then a Twins game around here.

Also, I assume the Chargers game is preseason right? I think a lot of teams try to pull that now, but you could always try to sell off the preseason tickets. The demand for those is usually :|.

AlphaBean
07-19-2005, 07:27 AM
make friends with the indians. They get all kinds of crazy boxes here.

Otherwise try waiting outside... there are usually buses full of people there for the game with a few leftover tickets or whatever; my bro saw MN- Dallas Wildcard in 99 that way. Pretty hot. Otherwise come with me to the nosebleed section for a conf. game. :nono:

BCWWF
07-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Unless you are in a reallly shitty seat, I mean like last row behind a pillar, the Metrodome is a really sweet place to see a football game I think. I haven't been to many games, but when I was each time I sat upper deck, midway up, in the corner, and the seats were like perfect. For a Twins game they would be like first baseline/left field, and they would be shitty, but for Vikes they were perfect.

I guess I wouldn't really complain if Zygi wanted to make a new stadium, but I really have no problem with the Dome. I don't like the idea of taking the team out of downtown, but if they put it in Blaine then a bunch of Vikings would probably move into my neighborhood.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah package deals. Celtics do that shit. Like lets say you wanna go see a Miami Heat game becuase of Shaq and DWade and all that shit. Well you can get a single Heat ticket but it's mad hard. So the Celtics make you buy a ticket to see 2 shitty teams (like the Bobcats and the Hornets) so you can get a Heat ticket.

I am sure you can just buy a single ticket to the game though, that is ridiculous if that's the only option you have. Atleast you can get your hands on a ticket though, I've been trying to go to a Patriots game for a long time now. I still haven't been to Gillette

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-21-2005, 02:05 AM
http://x2.putfile.com/6/17809225369.gif

http://www.jagfire.net/nfl/lynch.gif

http://www.jagfire.net/nfl/clarklynch.gif

http://www.jagfire.net/nfl/ducket.gif

http://www.jagfire.net/nfl/deangelohops.gif

Gonzo
07-21-2005, 11:46 AM
stima you bastard.

AlphaBean
07-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Someone want to give me some specifics on those? A couple of them gotta be Kenoy Kennedy with the cheapness and awesomeness of those hits. :love:

Too bad he's a Lion now. Gonna probably break Burleson's neck :'(

Gonzo
07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
The first one is Dante Hall make the Bronco's D look silly.

The second is Dante Hall getting lit up by Lynch.

The third is Dallas Clark (TE) getting lit up by I think Lynch.

The fourth is Duckett running over maybe Lynch again.

The fifth is some guy, I wanna say Rossum but I don't know getting up and picking off a pass from Eli.

MoRcHeEbA
07-21-2005, 01:54 PM
you do know the second one is a black guy laying the hit so I don't think it's lynch ;)

AlphaBean
07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
The first one is Dante Hall make the Bronco's D look silly.

The second is Dante Hall getting lit up by Lynch.

The third is Dallas Clark (TE) getting lit up by I think Lynch.

The fourth is Duckett running over maybe Lynch again.

The fifth is some guy, I wanna say Rossum but I don't know getting up and picking off a pass from Eli.
Lynch is a pussy. Kenoy Kennedy shits bigger than John Lynch.

And the Falcons dude was DeAngelo Hall I think, according to the name of the file.

Can someone like, tell me what is actually happening in these clips plz?

MoRcHeEbA
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
1. Hall returning a punt
2. Hall missing a catch and getting rocked
3. the Lynch hit on Stokley I think that he got his huge fine for last season for the shot to the head.
4. Duckett trucking some guy possibly Lynch
5. Hall jumping like 9 feet in the air to make an INT

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-21-2005, 04:22 PM
1.Hall making a catch and juke everyone
2. Lynch wrecking Hall, clean hit
3. Lynch wrecking Clark - was ruled helmet to helmet. He got a fine
4. Duckett running over Lynch - check out Lynch still wrap him up tho haha
5. D'Angelo motherfuckin Hall pickin off Manning

Lotus
07-22-2005, 09:06 PM
God, looking at those clips reminds me how much of a fucking waste of a playoff spot the Denver Broncos have been the past two years. Fuck the Broncos. :mad: :foc:

FearedSanctity
07-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Fuck the Broncos. :mad: :foc: Fuck you too, then.

Let me guess, you're either a Ravens, Bills or Jaguars fan, right?

Also, if the Broncos are a waste of a spot for losing badly 2 years in a row, I guess that somehow also makes Indy a waste also, for getting their asses handed to them 2 years in a row by the Pats.

MoRcHeEbA
07-22-2005, 11:09 PM
yes it does, thank you for pointing that out, now rectual purtruder wont shut up.

Zen v.W.o.
07-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Christ Deion Sanders is gonna own every wideout there is again.

AlphaBean
07-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Christ Deion Sanders is gonna own every wideout there is again.
Nah, when a bigger WR gets the ball, Sanders will run away screaming.

Zen v.W.o.
07-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Nah, when a bigger WR gets the ball, Sanders will run away screaming.

I dare them to throw Primetime's fucking way Bean.

AlphaBean
07-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah it would be hilarious trying to throw a slant or a short crossing route his way. But if you can somehow complete it, he's gonna be destroyed.

Lotus
07-23-2005, 01:59 AM
Let me guess, you're either a Ravens, Bills or Jaguars fan, right?

Also, if the Broncos are a waste of a spot for losing badly 2 years in a row, I guess that somehow also makes Indy a waste also, for getting their asses handed to them 2 years in a row by the Pats.
Actually, Raiders and Falcons. So naturally, I'm going to hate the Broncos. Yeah, go ahead and make fun of the Raiders. I can't really defend them right now.

To answer your second question, at least the Colts won some playoff games those last 2 seasons. Denver just got tossed in the first round, and seemingly didn't learn shit from their first time.

Savio
07-23-2005, 03:01 AM
http://vadervikesfan.ytmnd.com/

FearedSanctity
07-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Actually, Raiders and Falcons. So naturally, I'm going to hate the Broncos. Yeah, go ahead and make fun of the Raiders. I can't really defend them right now.

To answer your second question, at least the Colts won some playoff games those last 2 seasons. Denver just got tossed in the first round, and seemingly didn't learn shit from their first time.
It makes sense now. Heh, Raiders...

And as far as Denver's problem goes. While SOME of the problem is Plummer, most of it isn't. Sure he has more than his share of bad throws, but a good portion of the INTs he threw last year we're tipped i.e. the second game against San Diego.

Denver's problem is their WRs. Jake can get it to them, but they can't get open.
-Lelie is only good on deep passes(all of his TDs last year were 30+ yards each) and he disappears when he has a short route.
-Smith is VERY underrated, but he's old and slowing. He's still got good hands, but that doesn't matter much if he can't beat defenders to get open.
-Watts has good speed, but he DROPS THE BALL TOO FUCKING MUCH (see game 2 against SD)
-Rice....I don't know why people are on him so much about how he's not that good anymore. When he was in Seattle he put up very good numbers when he was actually on the field. Only reason his numbers look shit is because he was used little

Anyways, to summarize. Denver's offense is fine, the O Line is always good as is the running game. Jake is doing pretty good at QB and we're more than set at TE. Denver just really lacks good depth at WR. And at DB, thus, how fucked we constantly get against Indy.

FearedSanctity
07-23-2005, 03:09 AM
Denver just got tossed in the first round, and seemingly didn't learn shit from their first time.
Kinda sucks to be having a 5th/6th string corner who's really only played special teams covering REGGIE FUCKING WAYNE

Lotus
07-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Kinda sucks to be having a 5th/6th string corner who's really only played special teams covering REGGIE FUCKING WAYNE
Tu shay, tu shay (or however you fucking spell it). :y:

Nervous Ferret
07-23-2005, 10:04 PM
touche

FearedSanctity
07-23-2005, 10:17 PM
touché

el fregadero
07-24-2005, 12:09 AM
lol tu shay

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Sanders was the GOAT, tackling or not. Now you can't really say much, hes 38 and still ballin' though.

Back in the day though, running back the punts, the dance, plus everybody just basically bit his style (me included) with the wristbands up near his elbows, the 4 point high chinstrap with one strap unbuckled and other shit like that. Much like Jordan in that sense (baggy shorts, black socks etc)

el fregadero
07-24-2005, 01:03 AM
The bandana. I know that's what got me started on bandanas anyway.

AlphaBean
07-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Ugh, mid-nineties marked the time when every fucking white kid in the city was sporting a team-logo bandana. Horrible.

#1-norm-fan
07-24-2005, 04:29 PM
What's the fantasy football situation?

Gonzo
07-24-2005, 09:39 PM
There is a thread somewhere down the board. Oughta be on the first page somewhere.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Ugh, mid-nineties marked the time when every fucking white kid in the city was sporting a team-logo bandana. Horrible.UGH god damn those fucking white kids. Don't they know what they are wearing really pisses me off!

el fregadero
07-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Who was wearing a team-logo bandana?

AlphaBean
07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
UGH god damn those fucking white kids. Don't they know what they are wearing really pisses me off!
Don't mock me. I'm not white. I'm 1/18th Italian.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Who was wearing a team-logo bandana?lol

MoRcHeEbA
07-24-2005, 10:40 PM
im still trying to figure out how John Lynch turned black in video number 2

Gonzo
07-24-2005, 10:55 PM
stfu.

MoRcHeEbA
07-24-2005, 10:56 PM
wow, Gonzo put me in my place.

Gonzo
07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
You had it coming.

el fregadero
07-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Stupid bitch, Cheeba, you can clearly see that it is John Lynch. Stop saying it's some negro.

AlphaBean
07-24-2005, 11:43 PM
wow, Gonzo put me in my place.
OMG he put you in bed with AlphaBean?

el fregadero
07-24-2005, 11:49 PM
How do you think Zelda would feel about that?

FearedSanctity
07-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Stupid bitch, Cheeba, you can clearly see that it is John Lynch. Stop saying it's some negro.
Of course it's Lynch, there was no other DB on Denver's defense last year who number ended with a 7 :p

AlphaBean
07-24-2005, 11:52 PM
She already told me to back off. My heart was so rendered that anything I say to her is mere lip service. It means nothing, because my soul is devoid of feeling. All I can do is find solace in MoRcHeEbA's big jew bosom.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Yea it's clearly a tan white man. Also you don't remember the big fuss about that hit last year?

FearedSanctity
07-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Lynch isn't THAT tan. It's most likely just due to the lighting

AlphaBean
07-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah I looked carefully, and it's like, white man texture, but black man color. Brothas are usually shinier. Or whatever. You can tell it's a shadow. I retract my comments earlier about it not being Lynch. Though I bet Kenoy Kennedy would kill Lynch.

FearedSanctity
07-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Kennedy can hit hard, no doubting that, but I doubt he could hit as hard as Lynch

Gonzo
07-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I thought it was Lynch but didn't really investigate. You bitch. :mad:

Nervous Ferret
07-25-2005, 06:05 PM
LOL RICKY

weather vane
07-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Ricky is the best football player that ever lived. I don't even care.

Rain Man
07-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Dawkins hits just as hard as Lynch. Dawkins does a reverse powerbomb to people out of bounds he got a lot of shit for that. And last year when he totally laid Alge Crumpler out was one of the hardest hits I have ever seen.

3 MORE DAYS TILL NO MORE PATRIOT AVATAR!!

MoRcHeEbA
07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
yeah but Crumpler held on to the ball so too bad for you.

Gonzo
07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Dawkins hits just as hard as Lynch. Dawkins does a reverse powerbomb to people out of bounds he got a lot of shit for that. And last year when he totally laid Alge Crumpler out was one of the hardest hits I have ever seen.

3 MORE DAYS TILL NO MORE PATRIOT AVATAR!!
I've never liked Dawkins after he laid that hit on Hilliard a few years back that ended his season. It was a dirty hit, you can try to make the argument of momentum and this and that but the whistle was blown and the hit came well after that. Can't stand the guy as a player anymore. Being an Eagle doesn't help his case.

Rain Man
07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah but Crumpler held on to the ball so too bad for you.
But it was still an awesome hit

Rain Man
07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Since when has Garcia been on the Lions?

AlphaBean
07-26-2005, 06:54 PM
If Law becomes a Lion, I will be sad. :(

FearedSanctity
07-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Since when has Garcia been on the Lions?
Since the fucker skipped over Denver and left us with Kanell as our best back up.

I don't know, but I have a feeling Jake'll be out a while this year.

Also, LOL at remembering the Patriots almost lost to Kanell, Denver's 3rd string QB, a couple years ago

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Ted Johnson retired...fuck :(

These new guys better be ready to step it up for the Pats

AlphaBean
07-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Jesus. Last year, the Pats had like 8 middle linebackers.

Now they lost BOTH Teds :(

MoRcHeEbA
07-29-2005, 08:05 PM
the colts are gonna fuck there shit up now.

Crimson
07-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Patriots can get any guy off waivers and he'll preform pro bowl level. They have Colvin, and Chad Brown i bet they'll have very good seasons.

AlphaBean
07-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Nobody will be able to replace Bruschi. I think Brown will have the veteran leadership and awareness, but he has no experience in the Pats system, which has already undergone an overhaul. Colvin has never been known for his abilities other than pass rushing. Maybe he'll turn it around this year. Dunno.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Don't forget about big Willie

I am kinda worried but at the sametime - Payton Manning couldn't throw one TD pass againest the Patriots secondary with 2 back ups starting. They also went on to win the Superbowl with an undrafted free agent out there at CB for every single snap on defense in the playoffs.

I AINT SCURRRED

AlphaBean
07-30-2005, 02:10 AM
Romeo Crennel

Rain Man
07-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Andy Reid said today (Friday the first day of Eagles camp):

"I expect T.O. to come in and be T.O," Reid said. "We expect him to come in and help us win a Super Bowl. It's that simple. That's the way I'm going to approach it. We're going to take it day-by-day."

Fuck Drew Rosenhaus

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Went to Pats training camp tonight. Inside the stadium practice. It was pretty sick - was for season ticket holders only but a dude from my work gave them to me cuz he couldn't make it. Terrell looked impressive but I heard hes been slower then other WR so I don't know. He had a lot of real good catches so who knows?

Monty Beisel is a fucking beast man, people have been saying he could be like the next Vrabel, I hope so.

RoXer
08-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Why your team won't win the Super Bowl
Randy Hill / Special to FOXSports.com
Posted: 5 days ago

Now that it's threatening to supplant Texas Hold 'Em as America's favorite sport, professional football is demanding more attention.

Consider me all in.

This commitment requires enough math skill to determine that the first official NFL exhibition game is only 10 days away.

It should be noted that the NFL doesn't recognize the word exhibition, which comes from the Latin and — loosely translated — means "big, nasty tease."

Instead, the NFL considers its games to be part of something known as the preseason, a training-wheels word that has been taken from the Pigskin Latin and translates as "you pay full price."

Typical preseason protocol includes player introductions that require each big-name participant to sprint onto the field from one tunnel and continue chugging until a tunnel is reached on the opposite end of the stadium.

Anyway, the buzzword for today's NFL continues to be parity. Please note that parity includes five of the letters needed to spell Patriots.

Does this suggest another Patriots Super Bowl triumph?

It does not.

Well, if I'm not prepared to endorse New England, then which team looms as my pick to fondle the Lombardi Trophy in Detroit?

Before answering that question, I need to make another commitment. This is a commitment to quit (for a while, at least) being such a nice guy. Sure, you've noticed the trend.

I rarely write anything negative. That's just my nature. In fact, Dick Vermeil goes through at least four hankies while reading a typical column.

But instead of riding this formula, I'm prepared to accentuate the negative.

That's why this particular column will explain why your team will not win the Super Bowl.

Quoting a great player (I think it was Jim Kelly) ... deal with it.

NFC
East Division

Dallas Cowboys: We're not sure if he's the best quarterback named Drew on this team, but Drew Bledsoe has been hired to start behind center.
Even if the Dallas defense is less doomed than last year, the Cowboys won't win it all because Bledsoe holds the ball longer than Kobe Bryant.

New York Giants: This is the year franchise savior Eli Manning shows the world he's a better quarterback than his older brother. His older brother named Cooper Manning.

Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles, who seem poised to win it all, will fade after quarterback Donovan McNabb goes out for the season with hurt feelings. The culprit figures to be messianic receiver Terrell Owens. You may recall that the tragically under-compensated T.O. sort of compared himself to Jesus.
At least the Eagles are training in Bethlehem, Pa.

Washington Redskins: NASCAR-connected Joe Gibbs wrecks his second year back in D.C. by failing to remove the restrictor plate from QB Patrick Ramsey.
North Division

Chicago Bears: The alleged salvation of a rotten offense is rookie running back Cedric Benson. Cedric, a former Texas Longhorn, has attempted to sidestep comparisons to Ricky Williams.
At press time, Ricky was in camp and Cedric was not.

Detroit Lions: While waiting to see if injury-prone Charles Rogers follows through on plans to star in a reality series called Pimp My Gurney, Joey Harrington flops at quarterback.
The Lions turn to former 49ers star Jeff Garcia. Even though ex-teammate Terrell Owens may have his doubts, Garcia isn't gay.

Green Bay Packers: A defense already assessed as weak overall, is doomed by a secondary featuring a hybrid that will be known as the "shot-down corner."

Minnesota Vikings: With coach Mike Tice busted for scalping tickets, many of his players will refuse to take him at face value.
South Division

Atlanta Falcons: After watching Michael Vick risk his health on highlight-reel packages, the world eventually will learn that longevity for great legs is limited to Tina Turner.

Carolina Panthers: Super Bowl triumph is not prepared to attach itself to a team whose alleged top steroid fiend was the ex-punter.

New Orleans Saints: The letter to follow in the Big Easy is D-plus ... that's the grade many experts have assigned to the Saints' linebacking corps.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Another disappointing season will determine whether or not Jon Gruden is worthy of as many spin-offs as the original Chucky.
West Division

Arizona Cardinals: No team playing its home games on the surface of the sun has ever won a Super Bowl.

St. Louis Rams: If the Rams reach Detroit, coach Mike Martz might burn all of his timeouts just to watch Super Bowl ads on a TV monitor.

San Francisco 49ers: Instead of the Super Bowl, they're committed to winning the D'Brickashaw Ferguson sweepstakes.

Seattle Seahawks: Jittery-handed receivers will inspire the creation of a regional coffee selection known as decatch.

AFC
East Division

Buffalo Bills: Quarterback J.P. Losman attempted five real passes during his rookie season. He will learn that reading defense on film and reading them in a game is not unlike switching from Dr. Seuss to James Joyce.
For the record, don't miss "The Cat in Finnegan's Hat."

Miami Dolphins: Even though Ricky Williams' mind is an alleged drug-free environment, the key to victory is rookie RB Ronnie Brown.
Ronnie, who teamed up with Carnell "Cadillac" Williams at Auburn, is working with "VW Bus" Williams in South Florida.

New England Patriots: This has nothing to do with the absences of Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel and Tedy Bruschi.
The excuse for the Pats' potential slip is karma; it's about time that someone backed this karma over Tom Brady's foot.

New York Jets: Chad Pennington has reminded us it's a privilege to cover the Jets.
Unless Chad picks it up a little, I'm covering them with a sheet.

North Division

Baltimore Ravens: Well, Jamal Lewis had his breakout season two years ago, and QB Kyle Boller's passing inaccuracy could even lead to rebellion from a Frisbee-catching dog.

Cincinnati Bengals: The offense should be dandy, but the defense needs at least one more starter named Johnson.

Cleveland Browns: The Brownies are on a downward cycle ... we're pretty sure it was a Honda.

Pittsburgh Steelers: A civilian has had success impersonating Ben Roethlisberger, but Ben won't be able to impersonate the Roethlisberger of 2004.
South Division

Houston Texans: I've only written about 12 lines that qualify as worse than those the Texans trot out on both sides of the ball.

Indianapolis Colts: The offense is remarkable, but the best linebacker in town is Ron Artest.

Jacksonville Jaguars: The defense may be good enough, but key running back Fred Taylor has spent more career time in street clothes than has Divine Brown.

Tennessee Titans: The assimilation of offensive coordinator Norm Chow would go more smoothly if his playbook had a Cliff Notes version.
West Division

Denver Broncos: The defensive line is gunning for help from Triple-A Cleveland, but QB Jake Plummer still has the pocket presence of lint.

Kansas City Chiefs: If free-agent defenders don't live up to billing, the head coach will be referred to as Ick Vermeil.

Oakland Raiders: Defense is shifting from 3-4 to 4-3. With Randy Moss on offense, team will shift from 7-9 to 9-7.

San Diego Chargers: They'll be good, but coach Marty Schottenheimer has been even more overmatched in January than your Visa statement.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Romeo Crennel
Billy B ran the defense son and you know it. I'm not worried about the defense (atleast the coordinator position - LBs got me curious to see how they'll do) I think the offense will take the biggest hit, even though I wasn't the biggest Weis fan during the regular season he called great games in the playoffs.

RP
08-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Billy B :lol:

RP
08-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Your D is gunna be fine. You have Belicheck and thats all you need as far as defense is concerned. You're offense on the other hand...

Lets put it this way. If you think David Terrell is a savior, you're wrong. The guy is soft like tissue. He wont make the plays he should make with his body frame because he's weak hearted IMO. You're O-line has a few questions in it and as we know , Tom Brady isnt exactly Michael Vick.

TBH I seriously think Corey Dillon needs to have a MVP like season for your team to make it back to the Superbowl. He's capable of it. I dont see it happening though.

Ofcourse this is the same guy who picked the Chiefs to go to the Superbowl.

The Outlaw
08-03-2005, 03:54 PM
McNabb bashing Favre for what he said? Let's get serious.

RP
08-03-2005, 04:09 PM
McNabb bashing Favre for what he said? Let's get serious.

?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Who said anything about David Terrell being the savior? He might not even make the team. I just said he looked real good in camp last night. Savior tho? I think y'all forgot about Deion Branch and David Givens. RP I think you remember the fake wide out screen that Givens ran though ;)

RP
08-04-2005, 12:05 AM
They arent that good Stima brother.

RP
08-04-2005, 12:08 AM
They're good tho

AlphaBean
08-04-2005, 12:24 AM
They're shit. It's all about Corey Dillon and Bethel Johnson's 98 speed. :love:

MoRcHeEbA
08-04-2005, 01:46 AM
?

said he wouldn't have spoken out against a player who is holding out. I don't think Favre heard him though cause he was busy shining his super bowl ring.

RP
08-04-2005, 03:09 AM
Farve is a football god. What Farve says , goes.

RP
08-04-2005, 03:15 AM
If Farve for some reason or another asked that Javon Walker be waived. It would happen. If Farve was qbing the Eagles and T.O was acting like a little whiney bitch in training camp. Brett Farve would say some shit and if T.O got in Brett Farves face about it. He'd get his ass blown up by the O-line and probably most the defense too. DONT FUCK WITH BRETT FARVE!

What the hell is McNabb thinking. He needs to grow a set and tell B.O that he's being a bitch.

RP
08-04-2005, 03:19 AM
I heard Hughe Douglas made a joke towards T.O in good fun and T.O blew Hughe off. Then they got into a shouting match or something. In eachothers face. Man if i was the size of Hughe Douglas and T.O blew me off in front of rookies and other teamates, I'd wreck his shit right there. Everyone else gets into training camp fights, but what a couple more million dollars and no one wants to throw a punch. OMG Eagle player are being bitches seriouslly. Somone needs to jump in his shit for the way he is acting. Its pathetic. McNabb wishes he had the set that Farve has. If he did, T.O certainly wouldnt be acting like a bitch. Farve woulda had him in his place by now.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-04-2005, 06:59 AM
*Favre

AlphaBean
08-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Hugh is a man of God, don't disrespect his non-violent attitude.

Also, TO is worth the money. After all, he played well in a losing effort. After the team did the one thing they couldn't do without him -- win the NFC Championship game -- WITHOUT HIM. So basically, they could have done it by themselves. And lord knows, they could have lost the Superbowl on their own.
MVP anyone?

RP
08-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Colts Falcons just started :drool:

RP
08-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Woooo Bob Sanders gets a pick.

RP
08-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Pro bowl

RP
08-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Touchdown COLTS! Manning to Troy Walters.