road doggy dogg
12-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Click on the 'Map' link in the right-most column, should help a bit :p

Requiem
12-26-2004, 05:13 PM
http://www.worldofwar.net/cartography/

Gonzo
12-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Thank you Requiem. That oughta be helpful in the future.

Starting up a Night Elf, dunno what class yet right now. Got a level 27 warlock and I'm at a point that if I play it too much I'm going to get bored or frustrated with the quests I'm on. So I figured I'd change it up a bit.

road doggy dogg
12-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Make it on Archimonde :mad: :mad:

Also, finalyl got my game fixed :love:

road doggy dogg
12-30-2004, 08:33 AM
boobies rawk

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tirving10/score.jpg

Y2Ant
12-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Jesus Christ how many option bar thingys are there :mad:

road doggy dogg
12-31-2004, 06:01 AM
Normally there's not that many at all. I downloaded a new UI though. <3 Cosmos <3

Trust me, once you get started, you'll love being able to have all the buttons at your access.

The Snake
12-31-2004, 04:03 PM
I changed servers. Archimonde is too crowded for the dial up. Taking me like 5 minutes to kill something, lots of lag deaths. Plus i'm not too big on RBM's group. Most of those guys have been playing too long, no sense in grouping when you're level 15 or so and everyone else is 40+
I'll look tonight at which one i'm on. Burning Legion sounds familiar.

Requiem
12-31-2004, 05:54 PM
Me, DS, and another guy I know in RL just started our own guild. We don't plan on being big at first, but we're hoping to start recruiting soon.

Finally hit 21 last night, so things are finally going good... half-way to 22..

road doggy dogg
12-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah we're probably gonna start a guild too. The one guy is level 50, and he joined another guild temporarily just to instance and stuff with. Once more of us get around 50 or so we'll probably make one. There's about 5 of us that are 40+ right now, so probably within the next week or two.

road doggy dogg
12-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, got this fucking nice helm off Whitemane in SM. I'll take a screenie and post it later

DS
12-31-2004, 11:27 PM
I have done that Wailing Caverns about 4 times now and I finally got done. Now I have to go back because I accidently sold my stupid mace.

The Snake
01-01-2005, 02:17 AM
I started playing on Gorefiend. Got my warlock up to lvl 10 in about 2 days. Joined a guild of people about the same lvl. Got the last hit in on some lvl 30 shaman invading Dun Morough. Then did the gnome dance on his corpse.

Y2Ant
01-01-2005, 07:25 AM
you snake :(

Gonzo
01-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Can you link to that UI where you get the side buttons and stuff? I thought it was something I could turn on through the game but couldn't find it. I'd appreciate it. :)

road doggy dogg
01-01-2005, 05:05 PM
www.cosmosui.org

In the download thing, you'll probably want to download the Beta one. The Alpha one is nice, but it's their latest release one so may still be a bit buggy.

Also keep in mind, Cosmos has a LOT of features, so it may be overwhelming at first. :p Just mess around with it, it's really fun.

road doggy dogg
01-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Czech it outtttttt

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tirving10/whitemane.jpg

PWN HAT. I <3 Whitemane. (she's also a babe)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tirving10/mount.jpg

RAWK

Gonzo
01-01-2005, 10:13 PM
At first I read that as Whiteman's instead of Whitemane. :lol:

road doggy dogg
01-03-2005, 07:35 AM
Hot. Finally started a guild. Presence 4 teh win!

Requiem
01-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Sweet, starting to get some people in my guild that I know in RL that I didn't even know played WoW. :cool:

road doggy dogg
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Nice. You plan on ever coming back to Archi? :shifty:

I'm finally starting to get back into the grinding spirit. Hit 47 last night after taking ages fucking around at 46. Hoping to hit 50 by the ned of the week.

Requiem
01-06-2005, 09:23 PM
yeah, I still wanna keep going on my alliance priest char..

It was great.. DS and I just PvPed in Darkshore for like 2 hours or so.. died a bunch, but killed so many people that were higher than us.. God it was fun. Corpse camped this lvl 41 rogue (MUCH higher than us, and corpse camped us before).

Woooo I love PvP

road doggy dogg
01-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Hah yeah, it's pretty fun. Earlier today a 51 Warlock rode by me in Hinterlands and I saw a group of Alliance chasing him. Naturally, I hopped on my mount and followed suit. It was like 6 people chasing this one guy. I anticipated that he was going to turn right so I veered off a bit to close the distance, then when I got close I PoM/Polied him, and he got raped. Good jolly fun.

Last night I was on a rampage too. I soloed three Shaman (separate occurrances), which is no big deal but it was satisfying since I loathe that class with a passion. Hinterlands is great for grinding though. Probably gonna hit 48 before I log tonight.

DS
01-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm shaman. :cool:

Gonzo
01-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Noobs.

road doggy dogg
01-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Shaman are terrible. I take great delight in killing every one I see.

Don't get me wrong, Paladins are just as bad, if not worse. But since I'm Alliance I really can't do anytihng about them.

DS
01-07-2005, 05:08 PM
My totem says differently.

Requiem
01-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I have to admit after playing one for a while now, shamans are pretty powerful. I took out a NE rogue who was 4 lvls higher than me last night, and made it away with 43 hp just by kiting him with my frost shock.

But, there are still classes than can destroy shamans, such as warriors (god I hate them) Paladins can beat shamans, but only if the person knows how to play the char because we can disrupt their heals. Also, rogues -should- be able to kill shamans, but apparently most rogues don't know how to play the chars... Priests apparently I've heard can kill shamans as well.

But yeah, mainly only melee classes can kill shamans easily. Casters are screwed because of disrupts, and hunters are just screwed either way because they're a shitty PvP class.

RBM
01-07-2005, 10:55 PM
I personally haven't run into any problems with pvp on my druid other than completely unfair fights (someone multiple levels higher). Melee characters are retardedly easy to beat with permaroot and cheetah. I really haven't tangled much with shamans, but I'm assuming they'd give me the biggest problems. Priests too, probably. Healing and slow are evil.

Rogue gank attempts are really getting old.

Requiem
01-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Heh, yeah.. druids die easily to shamans. I kill higher lvl druids -all- the time and still end up with 40% or above hp most of the time.

road doggy dogg
01-08-2005, 01:55 AM
lol how do you die to warriors. You're the most overpowered class in the game, and you lose to the most underpowered?

Requiem
01-08-2005, 04:26 AM
The only reason they're underpowered is because their aggro is messed up. Aggro means nothing PvP :)

road doggy dogg
01-08-2005, 04:27 AM
lol

Requiem
01-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Well.. crappy HP, but that's blizzard's fault for being retarded with base stamina. Even a mage has higher HP than a warrior. :roll:

Apocolyptik1
01-08-2005, 05:24 AM
No they did fine with the hp for classes, but they messed up on how 1 point gives 10 hp for every class. It should be lower with casters.

Triple A
01-08-2005, 07:30 AM
My brother is a douchebag so yesterday, he stripped all of his clothes and danced in front of random players for like a half hour, then ran through the towns telling people to join him streaking.

Requiem
01-09-2005, 02:07 AM
No they did fine with the hp for classes, but they messed up on how 1 point gives 10 hp for every class. It should be lower with casters.
No. Actually, the problem is that base stamina doesn't mean shit. All classes gain a certain amount of stamina every level, but it doesn't actually add any HP because of it. Only buffed/item stamina does anything. That's why mages have more HP than a warrior, which is meant to tank things. Granted, warriors can still tank well because they don't take as much damage, but they -should- have more HP than any other class.

There are HUGE threads on the boards about people bitching about this problem.

road doggy dogg
01-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Why is that even a bad thing though? Oh no, heaven forbid good items are actually worth having. If a Mage has more HP than a Warrior, then either the Warrior sucks shit, or the Mage is severely lacking in mana due to focusing more on Stam than Int. Or a combination of both.

And there are threads on the forum bitching about EVERYTHING. The majority of Blizzard's fanbase are 12 year old spazzes who don't know anything at all.

road doggy dogg
01-10-2005, 02:29 AM
My brother is a douchebag so yesterday, he stripped all of his clothes and danced in front of random players for like a half hour, then ran through the towns telling people to join him streaking.

ahaha

This one friend of mine, she's low level so I help her out levelling and stuff, and we were in Westfall (hella newbie zone), and we were duelling each otehr for shits and giggles, and some level like 16 Night Elf came up to us and asked us to invite to party. I told her to get nekkid first, so she did. Then I told her to dance on me. Then we both just ran off. It was fun. Nudity is awesome. Stupid panties though (actually panties a re hot)

Ninti the Mad
01-10-2005, 11:51 AM

haha I used to do that in Ultima Online about 4 years ago.

I had a clan called Naked United.

Gonzo
01-10-2005, 12:20 PM
I wish people wouldn't pick boxes for free. I figure that they get something inside their box so why can't I charge like 15s. I tricked this one guy into it but then a bunch of people were saying the higher levels do it for free. I was pissed cause I needed money.

Requiem
01-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Why is that even a bad thing though? Oh no, heaven forbid good items are actually worth having. If a Mage has more HP than a Warrior, then either the Warrior sucks shit, or the Mage is severely lacking in mana due to focusing more on Stam than Int. Or a combination of both.

And there are threads on the forum bitching about EVERYTHING. The majority of Blizzard's fanbase are 12 year old spazzes who don't know anything at all.

You're not understanding what I'm saying. Base stamina = nothing. This is the best thread I can find about tthe subject.. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=561346&P=2

Blizzard says it's supposedly working as planned, but yet warriors don't gain HP every level, even though for some reason they gain stamina which gives them hp? It doesn't make much sense, and everyone argues that it's simply broken and blizzard won't admit it.

It's like this.. Warrior gains stamina, supposedly gains HP from that. Next lvl, warrior just gains HP, less stamina... But somehow it's the same HP as the last lvl?

Apparently this is only a problem with warriors because of the fact that they don't always gain certain stats on level-up. Hence why a mage and certain other classes can have more HP than a warrior, because they're gaining stats faster and more often than the warrior.

Anyway, that doesn't really have anything to do with the PvP topic.. just thought I would clarify what the problem was. It doesn't have to do with what gear they have... strip away all the gear from an equal higher lvl mage and warrior and I'd guess that the mage would have higher or nearly equal HP due to this problem.

road doggy dogg
01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I wish people wouldn't pick boxes for free. I figure that they get something inside their box so why can't I charge like 15s. I tricked this one guy into it but then a bunch of people were saying the higher levels do it for free. I was pissed cause I needed money.

Most peopel do it for free because they're simply doing it to boost their Lockpicking skill

Gonzo
01-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I figured as much.

Right now I'm just chillin' surfing TPWW because some level 40 douchebag has been following me around for 15 minutes ganking me left and right, I'm only 21. :(

Y2Ant
01-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I want this game mad bad

road doggy dogg
01-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Angry.

I was planning on hitting 50 today but then work called me in. Oh well, I have all night to do it I guess. :'(

road doggy dogg
01-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Stupid server maintenance. Was just about to buy astack of Rugged Leathers to make a half dozen or so 14s bags :( Oh well, I guess I better go to sleep.

I've been doing a lot more PvPing lately. So much fun. Blizzard is sexilicious. Today was in Alterac, passed by a group of four 27-35 Horde fighting a mob, just rode by on my mount. Then I figured I'd go have some fun, so I turned around. Came up ot the group, unleased a Blizzard on them. The blizzard itself killed 2 of them (<3 low life Priests), then a Fire Blast, Cone of Colt, and Arcane Explosion later I was the only one standing. :) Blizzard rapes in mass PvP. God I can't wait till 52 for the next rank. I must say I'm pretty disappointed with my lvl 50 spells. OH WLEllllllllll tiem for bed.

Gonzo
01-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Started a shaman. :$

Looking for what character I have the most fun with. :o

road doggy dogg
01-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Gay.

Also, Maraudon > you

Apocolyptik1
01-16-2005, 08:34 PM
hehe maraudon is fun.

I went and did a little in game research just go see what requiem is talking about.

I made a warrior and a mage, and played both of them til 10th level, neither of them had cool items, just to see what the health difference was.

The difference is, mages dont get near as many hp's per level as war's do. Right off, war's start out at 1st with the most hp, and they get the most hp per level. The mage was getting like 20-30 per level and the war was averaging 40-50 per level. So their's your difference.

I could see how a mage could get a lot of hp, but they have to sacrifice something to gain that hp. Most mages go stam + int, and they sacrifice agi. A war on the other hand, doesnt really sacrifice anything when they get their hp buffs. You dont have to go agility, because war's dodge bonus is real lame, and you get to wear plate eventually.

I cant stand when people complain about classes. I see it everyday in the general chat. Either someone is complaining and bitching about how 1 class is WAY stronger then another class, or someone is complaining about 1 particular thing with their class. I think the classes are fine the way they are. If blizzard would go and change something, more people would bitch about whatever they changed, and talked about how this class is to overpowered and this class is to underpowered. I dont think any of the classes are underpowered. All of the classes can have really strong builds, for certain things.

War's arent good for 1v1 pvp, but if you stick them into a raid, they serve a lot more of purpose because they have a lot of crowd control.

All classes have particular things they are better at then other classes.

Requiem
01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
You have to go higher than 10 to see what the difference is. Read the boards, and you'll see the formulas that people have figured out about how warriors end up with less HP than mages. Eventually, all mages get is cloth equipment (obviously since they can't use higher than that).. and it just adds mana and HP.. they'll end up with more.

I was pissed the other night and deleted my shaman and was about to roll alliance, but a friend convinced me to remake, and I went with a troll rogue.. only reason I went horde was because I liked shamans when I played beta.. *shrugs* Oh well..

Requiem
01-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Also, they just made Onyxia un-tauntable. Fucked warriors over in raids now.. Granted, they still do DPS, but they can't gain aggro as easily anymore.

Someone did a comparison between warriors and paladins each at lvl 40 or so.. same lvl, same instance gear... Paladin out-DPSed, had more HP, and had invulns and heals... also got aggro more than the warrior, and the warrior couldn't seem to keep aggro even though he was trying like hell.

More reasons a warrior is gimped..

road doggy dogg
01-16-2005, 10:58 PM
I could see how a mage could get a lot of hp, but they have to sacrifice something to gain that hp. Most mages go stam + int, and they sacrifice agi. A war on the other hand, doesnt really sacrifice anything when they get their hp buffs. You dont have to go agility, because war's dodge bonus is real lame, and you get to wear plate eventually.

I understand what you are saying about sacrificing, but come on... sacrificing agi? Mages have literally 0 use for agi in the first place, so it's kind of silly to say that.

road doggy dogg
01-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Anyway, Warriors will always be gimped. We always joke with the one warrior in our guild about how awful they are. The best thing ever though, was when he Charged one of the Deeprun Rats, and MISSED, then the rat hit him for 1 damage. He was level like 45 at the time. gg warriors.

Requiem
01-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Haha.. took this from the WoW boards. People were discussing cross-faction chat..

Paladin: Let's see what these orc scum want. INTERPRETER!
Interpreter: Yes sir?
Paladin: Ask this green-skinned maggot what he wants.
Interpreter: [Orcish] Our leader has graciously requested the nature of your presence in this region, and your intended actions.
Orc Warrior: [Orcish] We bored. Looking around. Tell pink-skin in tin covering we rip his head off and use neck for [indecipherable] if he wants fight.
Interpreter: They're exploring the region, and have no hostile intentions, but will defend themselves if necessary.
Paladin: Hmph! Well, tell him we'll be watching and if they make one wrong move...
Interpreter: [Orcish] My leader welcomes you to the region, and hopes your stay will be a pleasant one.
Orc Warrior: [Orcish] Ha! We do that with or without welcomes. Tell him stay far away, or we kill!
Interpreter: They are grateful for your benevolent countenance and will not pursue any antagonistic behavior, unless they experience it first.
Paladin: Jolly good then.

road doggy dogg
01-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Hahhaha... just finished the Un'Goro quests last night. The Legend of Zelda references are fucking awesome. Hella nostalgia there :love: And even better, I got a fucking sick off-hand equip as a reward for doing them all. <3!!! Blizzard = the man

...now if only the servers would go back up :mad:

road doggy dogg
01-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Yay thottbot actually updated my profile for once. Granted, it's still a bit outdated, but better than what it was.

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.thottbot.com/?eprofile=Tonavin.Archimonde" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

Stupid thing won't update on here. The profile itself is updated on thottbot though. Stupid Javascript. http://thottbot.com/index.cgi?p=Tonavin

LoDownM
01-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Finally found this at a store, every store I went to was fucking sold out :mad:. Freaking awesome so far. To bad i'm only lvl6, oh well, hopefully in 3 months, I won't be bored of WOW like I was with FF11.

road doggy dogg
01-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah it's ridiculous. Blizzard is like not putting anymore copies up on shelves for a while, because their servers are getting pretty full. Not all of them, but the really populated ones like Archimonde and Warsong are ridiculously full. I really hope they add that server migration thing, to help even out the population a bit.

Y2Ant
01-23-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm in the european final beta, this game is fucking awesome :drool:

Gonzo
01-25-2005, 09:02 PM
What is this server migration that you speak of??

Y2Ant
01-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Probably the ability to take your character(s) to another server.

I am a level 9 hunter now, almost 10, then I can get a pet :cool:

Gonzo
01-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Hunters seem fun, my brother has one as his second character.

I have a 22 night elf rogue and a 13 troll shaman. :D

Requiem
01-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Got my new rogue up to 14 now.. almost 15.. or is it 15? I dunno.. one of those.

Also made my alliance char on a friend's server.. he gave me 10 gold like it was nothing.. lol

road doggy dogg
01-26-2005, 01:17 AM
Yeah once you get higher up money isn't quite so meaningful. 10g really isn't taht much, I can make that in an hour or two of grinding

Y2Ant
01-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Me and two other guys (another hunter and a rogue) went questing in this cave, pretty hot. Got to level 11 now, and I can tame beasts. The talents, spellbook and professions are quite confusing to me at the moment, like some skills I have rank 2 from being trained in them and adding them to the spellbook, and a couple I put points into on the talent thing, it's really awesome how customizable your character can be.

LoDownM
01-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Heh, spent the last two days, about 18 hours of them anyway, just playing this, didn't intend to it just ended up happeing. Game is awesome. Being able to make my own armor rocks :cool: Just gotta get Smithing up more.

road doggy dogg
01-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Yessss that's right, get sucked into the gameeee. :cool:

And yeah, the professions are cool. It's a shame Tailoring is so utterly useless, so far. The only good thing about it so far is the bags obviously, but having an 8 day cooldown between making 16s bags (4 days per mooncloth) sucks. It would be nice if there were some decent high-level caster gear you could make with Tailoring. All the Runecloth patterns suck, to be honest. The Mooncloth ones look pretty nice, but have absurdly low drop rates for the patterns, so I doubt I'll get any. Easier to just farm gear from BRD. *shrug* But yeah, Smithing and Leathermaking get pretty nice once you get into the different branches of them and all.

DS
01-28-2005, 07:03 PM
I made this hot armor with blacksmithing but needed leather armor from a trailor. Lucky our guild has a good one so I was able to get it.

road doggy dogg
01-30-2005, 09:36 AM
I ditched my Enchanting yesterday for Engineering... seems cool enough and I wasn't really doing anything with enchanting anyway other than getting shards for our guild's main enchanter. Sucks though because you need Mining for a lot of it... oh well, AH and guildies will fix that :mad:

Y2Ant
01-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I got a hippgryph ride onto the main part of Kalimdor (Auberdine/Darkshore I think it was called)

went on a walkabout all the way down to Ashenvale, where all the beasts were level 19/20, and I was a mere 13. :$

This big white dingo was coming for me, so I hearthstoned it back across the sea :cool:

road doggy dogg
01-30-2005, 06:49 PM
It is funny, if you go down south quite a bit more to Desolace, you will see Rexxar walking about. I tried to attack him once, that didn't last long. :cool:

Requiem
01-30-2005, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't go for engineering.. My lvl 55 friend has about 294+ engineering and says it's the biggest waste of time ever... there are a few cool things that you can make, and in lower lvls or on an alt it would be cool, but it's a bigger money sink than it is a money maker..

road doggy dogg
01-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Well I obviously didn't pick it up to make money :p I'm more concerned about the cool PvP benefits of it

Y2Ant
02-04-2005, 10:42 AM
FEBRUARY 11TH :love:

Requiem
02-07-2005, 12:54 AM
I would stop engineering now, unless Blizzard admits to fucking engineers over, and makes them better..

At lvl 300 engineering, someone posted that he got one of the rarest drops.. it was the first Arcanite Mechanical Dragon on the server.. it takes over 240gold worth of items (he could have made that much by selling all the components that took him a month or so to gather), and it made a lvl 60 dragon that ended up being a tiny ass thing that was pretty much a whelp... and died with no trouble to a lvl 33 rogue.. It has like an hour cool down, and only lasts for a VERY short time.

Talk about a waste... Coolest items in the game my ass... if you go for it, don't bother getting it to even 200, as only the cooler items are in the low end.. High-end engineering is worthless.

road doggy dogg
02-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Engineering has far too many useful items to totally neglect thouh. And I mean, what else are you gonna take anyway? Much worth it.

Also, hit 60 tonight finally.

road doggy dogg
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I also got my first set piece the other day. Dreadmist Bracers, which is nice since they're a random mob drop (as opposed to a boss drop where you're almost guaranteed the piece after 10 or so runs). I want this whole set so badly. Eventually when I start doing MC I will bust over Arcanist's Regalia. Sooooooo hotttttttttttttttt

LBRS and Strat for now though :(

DS
02-07-2005, 09:28 PM
I used all my iron tonight to finish half of this stupid quest. I ended up having to go farm some and ended up having 10g at the end of the thing. I can't find a decent place for quests/grinding at 45. :(

road doggy dogg
02-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Right now I'm taking RBM through west plaguelands and letting him heal me while I take out 6-7 mobs at a time. He's getting good xp, and he's level 46

road doggy dogg
02-08-2005, 03:48 AM
MY NEW BEWTSSSSS (http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=16704)

2 pieces down, 6 to go

The Snake
02-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Finally got broadband. Might be able to pick back up with my character on Archimonde now that the connection won't lag so bad. I got a level 34 Warlock and 24 Warrior on Gorefiend atm tho. I think the rogue i left on Archimonde was around 15 . . i hope.

Y2Ant
02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
My game has been put away for me, gonna go pick it up tomorrow (although probably just gonna be able to go on gay european servers) :mad:

road doggy dogg
02-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm in my first Molten Core raid right now... pritty hot. Still haven't started though :( I'm hoping we get through it all, and I do'nt fuck something up :D Mmmmm Arcanist's set...

Y2Ant
02-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Got the game, account creation page is down due to maintenence/lack of capacity :(

DS
02-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Got a sweet trinket today from some blacksmithing quests that gives me an Epic hammer. :cool:

Y2Ant
02-12-2005, 01:34 PM
I thought I could go on all the american servers, but they just use the same names, and they are all european :( (Archimonde is French :mad: :mad: :mad: )

ALTHOUGH there is a 'Other' tab which is empty atm, but hopefully they bring in the server migration thing quickly enough so I don't have to start my character over again, and can just move to Archimonde. :o

road doggy dogg
02-12-2005, 07:33 PM
What the hell, that is gay. They should let you play on US, dammit.

Y2Ant
02-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Should have just bought the US version :-\

Hired Hitman
02-12-2005, 08:38 PM
I don't play the game, but that sucks. :'(

LoDownM
02-13-2005, 01:10 PM
I warn you, don't play it, I sucks your soul right out of your body. I swear it does.

11 more lvls and I can get my mount :)

Requiem
02-13-2005, 10:03 PM
According to Blizzard, they are going to announce ways for European players to play on US servers and vice versa. Same as how they are working on server transfers... keep up hope!

Y2Ant
02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I can't see it not happening in the end, but it's just how long will it take.

There are English, French, German and Other tabs on the realmlist, the Other is empty, so I have little doubt as to what that is going to be for really.

I'm still enjoying playing the game, so it's not all bad.

Be nice if I knew one or two europeans on there though :(

Apocolyptik1
02-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Same as how they are working on server transfers... keep up hope!

I am the only person who thinks that would be the stupidest thing blizzard could ever do..

Requiem
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
lol.. you're an idiot. They're working on -one time- server transfers so that they can merge people from crowded servers to less crowded ones and actually balance the server populations. As it is, some servers are unplayable because idiots refuse to restart characters, so they'll simply endure terrible lag.

Apocolyptik1
02-15-2005, 03:37 AM
lol.. you're an idiot. They're working on -one time- server transfers so that they can merge people from crowded servers to less crowded ones and actually balance the server populations. As it is, some servers are unplayable because idiots refuse to restart characters, so they'll simply endure terrible lag.

Well to simply put, you didnt say all that in your first post. You said server transfer, which doesnt necessarily mean that they are transferring characters from high population realms to lower population realms. When I see server transfer, I think of some lameass who built up their toon on a pve server just so they could transfer it over to pvp without any hassle of actually trying to level in a pvp server.

This happened with every other mmorpg that did it, so lets not start calling people idiots.

road doggy dogg
02-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah, if they allowed transfers from PvE to PvP that would be fucking retarded. From what I understand though, the server migration is only to ease some of the strain from high-pop servers elsewhere. I'd assume that if you're in a high-pop PvP server (Archimonde, Warsong, etc), then you'd have the option to move to a low-medium population PvP server, and not an RP or PvE one. It would be nice if they restricted the transfers to similar type servers, but I'm not sure how they'll do it. I just hope they do it relatively soon.

DS
02-15-2005, 06:27 PM
My cosmos won't work with the new update. :(

Requiem
02-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Blizzard has stated now that they won't allow transfers from one ruleset to different ruleset servers when transfers are implimented.

road doggy dogg
02-15-2005, 07:02 PM
My cosmos won't work with the new update. :(

My game won't work at all. :(

I love these totally useless localization patches that cause more problems than solve. FFS, when are they going to release a content patch, and one that works?

Apocolyptik1
02-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Blizzard has stated now that they won't allow transfers from one ruleset to different ruleset servers when transfers are implimented.

Well, thats a good thing. Everyone is happy, and blizzard is still god.

Man, my best friend is a 60 pally and he is so pissed off. His talent build is all screwed up now since they fixed crusader seal. His dmg went from 359-459 to 259-288. Supa Nerf!

I laughed at him for a long time, then got on my 60 rogue and basked in the glories.

road doggy dogg
02-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Rogues are gay though, so your glories must be short-lived.

Requiem
02-15-2005, 08:05 PM
I say good.. paladins needed a good nerf, as do shamans (even though I played one and loved it). Warriors need a buff, hunters need a buff... and rogues need a mini-nerf, but also need to be more useful in high-end raids/instances. They -are- the best farming class though.. want money? Become a rogue =P

Requiem
02-15-2005, 08:06 PM
My game won't work at all. :(

I love these totally useless localization patches that cause more problems than solve. FFS, when are they going to release a content patch, and one that works?

They also fixed a belt that was used by a lot of melee classes to get out of root/entangle effects. Was a right-click belt, and the cooldown was broken, so it had NO cooldown. I'd say that's a pretty good fix at least..

road doggy dogg
02-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Paladins are fine the way they are. Sure, they're a bitch to kill, but their DPS was already low. Mind you, I'm not complaining that they fixed this, but it's not like Paladins are godly and can wreck you in 5 seconds.

Rogues are fine the way they are, because nobody wants them in raids, so I'm happy that I never have to see them except in Ironforge.

road doggy dogg
02-15-2005, 08:09 PM
They also fixed a belt that was used by a lot of melee classes to get out of root/entangle effects. Was a right-click belt, and the cooldown was broken, so it had NO cooldown. I'd say that's a pretty good fix at least..

Oh, they finally fixed Spider Belt? Cool, now they might work on fixing Arcane Missiles. It would also be really swell if they mentioned things like that in the patch notes.

DS
02-15-2005, 10:04 PM
I got my Cosmos working again. :cool:

I'm glad the Pallys got nerfed...everytime I fought one of them they would immune and do that stupid heal and come out with like no loss in mana. It would always make me angry.

Apocolyptik1
02-16-2005, 02:58 AM
I got my Cosmos working again. :cool:

I'm glad the Pallys got nerfed...everytime I fought one of them they would immune and do that stupid heal and come out with like no loss in mana. It would always make me angry.

Well none of that is fixable, that is just what the paladin does.

Requiem
02-16-2005, 04:32 PM
lol DS.. why are you complaining about paladins? You play -the most- overpowered class in the game. Shamans can destroy paladins easier than any class..

road doggy dogg
02-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Paladins aren't even overpowered at all. They are bitches to take down, but their DPS is horrendous and they have no ranged attack. As a Mage on Alliance side, I find it disappointing that I don't have the opportunity to fight Paladins other than in duels.

DS
02-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah totems need to be nerfed. I mean by the time I'm getting attacked and drop the 3 that I need I have 3/4 health and almost half my mana gone. Then by that time I need to buff up real quick and do a couple quick heals and by the time I'm ready to fight I have 1/4 mana and a quick frost shock gets rid of that. Maybe overpowered if I gank but I'm hardly nothing against rouges, mages aren't much against me I'll give you that, I can take pallys now, before they were a bitch, and now that I'm about to be immune to fear sometimes (having nothing to with being shaman) I'll be able to take that. I don't see how overpowered really. I mean really.

Really.

road doggy dogg
02-16-2005, 09:48 PM
LOL what. Mages are generally one of the few classes most Shaman fear, and with good reason. Other than Frost Shock, Shaman are kinda easy for me to kill now.

DS
02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
It's not that hard if you drop a grounding totem and have earth shock ready. They deal massive damage but if I have enough mana to keep earth shocking then I can usually get them down or kill them. ES, GT, etc can usually block a lot of spells. After I'm out of mana though it's quite hard.

Requiem
02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Wait till lvl 60ish when your frost shock does 1k+ damage with crit.. that with a slow effect is going to be impossible to deal with.

DS
02-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Everyone is better at 60. That doesn't mean we're overpowered.

Requiem
02-16-2005, 10:35 PM
I honestly can't believe you still havn't admitted that shamans are overpowered. Other classes get nerfed, and the only thing that happened to shamans so far is that earthbind totem got a longer cooldown. I'm sure RDD can agree with me that shamans are -the most powerful- class in the game. Yes, they can be killed, but very scarcely, and only by -very- skilled players.

DS
02-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Alright.

DS
02-16-2005, 10:38 PM
And of course he will say so, he stated that easlier in the thread. I'm not saying their overpowered, but they aren't as powerful as you're making them out to be.

road doggy dogg
02-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Shaman are a class that, without any skill, are kinda crappy. A Shaman in good hands will beat pretty much any other skilled player playing another class. They're great at deleeing melee damage, and with mail armor are still good tanks. Their nukes aren't as potent as a Mage's, but still sufficient. And don't give me anything about running out of mana fast... my friend's Shaman (well not really my friend but someone I know :p) has over 5k life and 4k mana, unbuffed. The highest rank of FS costs 430 mana, and that's assuming you never gain Clearcasting (which you only need 1 talent to get, as opposed to the 5 it takes Mages). True, if you're just a noob and you just spam FS every 6 seconds (5 with talent), and heal when necessary, then you'll probably lose quite a bit of duels. Shaman is a lethal class when played right, as opposed to say Rogues, who even kids with down syndrome can play effectively. So yeah, Shaman are 'over-powered', but only if they know what they're doing. They have pretty much all the benefits of any other class [nuking, healing, tanking], with very few of the sacrifices that other classes are restricted to.

I dunno, they're not as bad as they seemed a couple months ago, but that's simply because my perspective changed and I can rape most Shaman relatively easy now. *shrug*

DS
02-16-2005, 10:52 PM
I only have 2k mana barely and I don't have my clearcasting skill so it's kind of difficult for me sometimes. But yes, that does help a lot.

And I never said they weren't overpowered, it's just everyone says that they are so why should I go around repeating everyone. I won't complain if they get nerfed because it's not a big deal to meal. I picked shaman because I liked to spell cast, melee, and be able to solo as much as I could.

Y2Ant
02-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I picked hunter because I like wrestling crocs and bears :(

road doggy dogg
02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Yay my game works again

Y2Ant
02-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Level 20, dual wield :heart:

LoDownM
02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
lol, I remeber being all hyped on dual wielding when I wasn't at lvl20, but stuck with 2 hand swords :P God, I really need to hit lvl 40, 33 lvls down 7 more to go. The previous stated message is why Deathwing must stop going down!

Y2Ant
02-22-2005, 09:22 PM
I want level 40 so I can ride tigers and not have to fucking walk everywhere :maD:

blueskies
02-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Got up to level 38 (close to 39) with my Night Elf Hunter just 2 weeks ago.. But then I stupidly deleted him.. :[ Created a new char.. Night Elf Rogue.. and in the two weeks.. I've got him to level 30.

Kind of funny... cause it took me a bit over 2 months to reach 38. Lol... I'm power questing!

LoDownM
02-23-2005, 12:45 AM
lol, you serious, I haven't even had WoW a month yet. If I hadn't started that damn druid of mine, i'd be at 40 already :(

DS
02-23-2005, 08:55 AM
I've had it for about a month and a half and I'm up to 49. I would probably be higher if I had quests and wasn't grinding for the past 4 levels or so.

road doggy dogg
02-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Hahahha

So yesterday I was just in West Plaguelands farming some runecloth (huge ass bag order :mad: ), and I'm killing the 4 skele mobs outside the Crypt in Sorrow Hill. Some 58 shaman comes up to me once I'm done (and at like 300 life and 500 mana) and kills me. Then he spams his stupid ass macro:

! |2 3 |\/| 3 |\/| |3 3 |2 |_| \/\/ |-| 3 |\| ! \/\/ 4 $ |_ \/ |_ 24

Translates to: "I remember you when I was lvl 24"

So anyway, I walk back, and being no coward, I rez next to him and take him head on. I get him down to about 10-20% life (not bad considering I was totally unbuffed and had half life/mana) then died. He spams his macro again.

I call RBM over (who happens to be nearby). The shaman sees RBM, whos only level 52 at the time so he must be thinking it's easy pickings so he goes after him. I rez behind him, and rape ensues. Of course, being the oh-so-clever guy that I am, started spamming:

! |2 3 |\/| 3 |\/| |3 3 |2 |_| \/\/ |-| 3 |\| ! \/\/ 4 $ |_ \/ |_ 60

It was fun :'(

LoDownM
02-23-2005, 10:47 AM
I want level 40 so I can ride tigers and not have to fucking walk everywhere :maD:

See I have 2 reasons to be lvl40. Mount, and I get to wear Plate :cool:

Y2Ant
02-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah same :cool:

Only thing I can't use is shields, but they are for pussies. :mad:

LoDownM
02-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Agreed! Tho, they do add like, triple the amount of AC. and since i'm a warrior, I could technically use it but, nah, 2 handed swords are better :cool:

RBM
02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
You get mail at 40, Ant. ;)

And I just hit 53 this afternoon. 3 more lvls until I can do BRD. yay.

road doggy dogg
02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Too bad you are a noob, RBM =\

RBM
02-25-2005, 12:55 AM
I > you. nub mage.

road doggy dogg
02-25-2005, 01:32 AM
brb gonna go give Therwinnar the entire Cenarion Raiment set

gg?

road doggy dogg
02-25-2005, 01:40 AM
http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

hot

Y2Ant
02-26-2005, 07:24 AM
ok, I installed that cosmos thing, but when I go in the menus of it, I get all these not found error messages :'(

I might just ditch it since it seems blizzard is implementing extra icon bars :o

Y2Ant
02-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Also, is it worth buying a guild tabard, or a waste of 90 silver :(

road doggy dogg
02-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Yeah probably just best to wait until the next content patch... but then, knowing Blizzard, that might not be a great idea. :o It'll be nice though, pretty much rendering Cosmos useless.

Tabards are okay, I guess. I dunno, if you really like the guild and all then go for it. It's not a huge deal.

Requiem
02-28-2005, 12:18 AM
I just joined one of the largest guild on our server. A total of 273 people, with anywhere from 20-50 or 60 people online at a time. Surprisingly, there's not much spam, and there are very few idiots in it (none that I've seen so far) and everyone is awesome with helping the lower lvls.

Just hit 20, and 21 today on my warrior.. I'm loving it. Been playing hardcore lately.. Finished Wailing Caverns with the help of a RL friend of mine and his 50 rogue..

Requiem
02-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Also. Tabards are pretty cool... plus, you get to keep it no matter what guild you're in. It automatically changes for whatever the tabard is in each guild. Ours is black with a skull and crossbones.. Guild name is Necro Horde. I actually saw an undead guy yesterday that looked -just like- a pirate.. I was like "wtf.. lol.. that's awesome"

road doggy dogg
02-28-2005, 12:24 AM
I dunno, I would hate joining a random guild. IMO the entire purpose of a guild is to play with people you like and enjoy being around. I'd rather be in a 20-30 person guild with only a handful of 60s (gee, that sounds familiar :p) that I really have fun with, than a 300+ person guild who are doing MC runs and the such every week, that I have no idea who 2/3 the members are. I dunnnnno I'm still new to this MMO stuff :)

Apocolyptik1
02-28-2005, 12:36 AM
I agree Road rog. I was in Ravens of Stormwind on Azgalor, the biggest server on their for alliance. Has a total of like 265 people, and I hated it.

Rejoined a guild with a guy we know personally and we keep the max at 40.

It doesnt really change with different games, its always just personal preference. I like the guilds smaller because I dont have to learn new people all the time, I get to keep track of everything, and I can manage it better because of the small amount of people. That and 40 is the max you need for any large raid in this game currently. We have done MC a few times, but have yet to do Onyxia yet.

No guild on our server has tried Onyxia yet, any of you guys done it?

road doggy dogg
02-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Our guild personally hasn't. A horde guild on Archimonde, Discordia, killed Onyxia about a week ago. Big thread about it on the Archi forum. AFAIK no Alliance guilds on Archi are even close. There's Dogma, WMD, and Misfits, but they're too busy chipping away at MC. I don't believe anybody other than Discordia has killed Onyxia on our server

LoDownM
02-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I've seen that event so many times on Deathwing. Granted, I get aggroed from like, the middle of the ramp in sw keep by the damn dragon garuds. I have yet to do it, being only lvl35 and all.

Yeah, big guilds suck. Unless your the leader, the guild i'm in only has 33 members, and 8 of them are complete morons

The Snake
02-28-2005, 08:03 PM
I had a quality guild on Gorefiend. It was two seperate groups of friends that had combined to form the basis. I just happened to hit it off with the group and so for a good bit everyone knew everyone and we recruited maybe once a week so that the new member got the majority of the attention. Then all the sudden everyone wanted something huge, so we disolved with 3 other small-med guilds into one giant one. I haven't liked it much since. I don't really like joking around in guild chat cause we merged with a bunch of smartasses and little kids. So I started some new horde guy on a server called Uldam cause some of my buddies from work were just starting out.

So long story short . . not a fan of large guilds.

The Snake
02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Also wanted to say even though alot of people think its puss. I've tried a normal server and I like it a good bit. Gives you a chance to get established and level, and still be able to fight it out if you want to. The only difference I see is that you're not at the mercy of the same 10 retards that sit around in Desolace and Stanglehorn griefing all day because they've ran out of stuff to do at lvl 60.

You still get flagged for PVP the second you attack an NPC of the opposite faction, or set your flag to PVP. But have the freedom to go about doing your missions if you want also.

Requiem
02-28-2005, 08:58 PM
I love the guild I'm in.. they've got good structure/rules, and they're all really helpful. I've been helped out with some quests randomly by some of the higher lvls, and I helped out a low lvl guy with a quest I did a long time ago. Plus, I really want to do the end-game, and I know the only way it's gonna be possible is with a guild that can actually get 40 people on at the same time for a scheduled raid. Not gonna be possible at all in a lower guild, or if it is, it won't be possible nearly as often.

RBM
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Tony and I and our guild did a bit of raiding of Grom Gol in STV today and then we moved onto the place in 1k needles. We basically only had 12-15 that were lvl 48+ along (a few lowers came a bit later on) and it was tons of fun. Slaughtered so many horde yesterday. We aren't big enough or high enough to do any major damage yet, but we're getting a feel for the PVP raids.

Y2Ant
03-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah i'm in a pretty big guild, they seem pretty friendly, and i've had some help and some stuff made for me, etc. Obviously since I dont know anyone in Europe I can't join up with people I know, hopefully the server transfer will come into effect soon. I've made a couple of fiends seperate to the guild, we all teamed up and quested together, some really polite people on WoW.

I still don't really understand what a Tabard is, like it just looks like some white vest, so I didn't bother buying it. But if it changes to whichever guild you are in, and you only have to buy it the once, I think I might do that. :o

Oh yeah and I play in non PvP, and i've still had loads of PvP fun on it, a few of my recent quests have made it so that I have to go into areas with loads of horde guys there, i'm thinking it would be really gay and annoying if they just had the ability to kill you while you are trying to a quest, I bet I wouldn't be half as far as I am now if I played PvP :mad:

road doggy dogg
03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah that raid last night was fucking awesome. Best time I've had in WoW in a while.

road doggy dogg
03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
LOL me and EV were just in a Baron run, and wiped at Baron :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Y2Ant
03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
This tabard is sexy.

The Snake
03-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Man i just saw some page with Level 60 accounts for this game selling at 750+
If you had a system down to level you could make a good chunk of change selling accounts. Lotta work though just to get rid of a character you spend so long on.

Requiem
03-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Me and DS made new characters on another server we plan on playing now, and got them to 21 in only a few days. I've got a mage, which are a shit ton of fun to play, and he's got a priest. Also, RDD... what talent trees should I go? I've heard fire/arcane, but I'm pondering going the less travelled route and doing frost/arcane..

The Snake
03-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Yeah i think once you know the starting 2-3 areas well enough 1-20 should be a breeze. I remember my first consistant character toook me about 3 weeks to get to 20 playing pretty heavily, cause i had no idea and had to find everything for the first time. The second guy I made took about 3-4 days to get to 22 with minimal time. First because I knew the area and the missions, so I could put the quests together more effeciently and second cause the first guy had money to send to gear up the second guy.
All the way to 60 though might be a task. With the # of exp points needed to go from just say 39-40 you're talking a long day.
What server are you and DS on now?

DS
03-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Tichondrius

Y2Ant
03-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I made a Priest as my 2nd char just for tailoring, got 150/150 now, so I need level 20 (i'm level 10 now) for expert :'(

Made my hunter a hat and 10 slot bags though :cool:

I'm level 33 and a half right now, doing gnomeregan quests mostly, finally finished with the Wetlands, after finishing Ashenvale, Darkshore and Teldrassil. I have Arathi and Stranglethorn lined up next, which one is the best bet at 33/34? I wanna get level 40 ASAP, I see people overtaking me in my guild cos i'm not playing enough :mad:

LoDownM
03-18-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm lvl41. Finally. After 3 days stuck at 40. Having a mount is awesome :cool: Tho, i'm broke from buying one.

DS
03-18-2005, 12:51 AM
I miss my mount. :( It's horrible to run around when I'm so use to using a mount. I wish they would change those server transfers to allow you to switch to whichever you want.

RBM
03-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Lvl 57 druid now. I've kinda been slacking on the leveling and mostly helping the lower guildies with their Mara/ZF, etc runs as of late. I can beat RDD in a duel maybe once out of every 5 tries currently =p (druids arent that wonderful in duels)

Y2Ant
03-18-2005, 01:55 PM
lol just blew a load of money at the auction house :o

Gonzo
03-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Started up a warrior. Getting back into it.

road doggy dogg
03-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Oh since Thottbot is terrible, new link for my profile.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?65590

Tried out the test server tonight. The new changes look hot. Will finally be able to ditch shitty Cosmos

road doggy dogg
03-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Lvl 57 druid now. I've kinda been slacking on the leveling and mostly helping the lower guildies with their Mara/ZF, etc runs as of late. I can beat RDD in a duel maybe once out of every 5 tries currently =p (druids arent that wonderful in duels)

read: "RDD fucked up his Counterspell twice so I had a chance to win" :p

road doggy dogg
03-21-2005, 02:16 AM
Me and DS made new characters on another server we plan on playing now, and got them to 21 in only a few days. I've got a mage, which are a shit ton of fun to play, and he's got a priest. Also, RDD... what talent trees should I go? I've heard fire/arcane, but I'm pondering going the less travelled route and doing frost/arcane..

Depends. Fire/arc is easily my favorite way to go. I personally hate ice. Yeah ice block and ice armor are okay, and in large-scale pvp ice mages have much more survivability, but fire is just so juicy. The DPS is right up there with rogues, and with some of the new Dire Maul shit coming out, our crit chances will be through the roof.

Right now I'm mucking about with some different builds... in my alla link, check out my Talents tab to see what I'm using. I'm definitely respeccing sometime this week though, I wanna try out Ignite with some other things.

Requiem
03-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Aha.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-mage&t=23&p=1&tmp=1#post23

Found that stuff... probably just gonna go with whatever I want until I hit 60 or just a higher lvl, and then will respec to one of those trees. Got some good info right there.

road doggy dogg
03-21-2005, 02:55 PM
I hate reading threads and listening to guides and all about talent specs. What's the point in having your own unique character if you're just going to copy somebody else's build? I'd much rather experiment and find something that works for me. I'm kinda happy with my current build but lack of Ignite makes me cry.

Requiem
03-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Because I'd probably end up using one of those templates whether or not I realized it or not.

I'm going frost/arcane.. Just respecced my talents today, and it's actually pretty sweet.

road doggy dogg
03-22-2005, 03:13 AM
lmao

Patch is going in tomorrow. Guess what item I just got tonight? Ramstein's Bolts... gg me :D

RBM
03-22-2005, 03:02 PM
lvl 58.

I am sexier than Tony.

Buzzkill
03-22-2005, 03:24 PM
i might be purchasing this game. Got burnt out in the beta but am feeling a sudden urge to play it again :(((((((((9

Requiem
03-22-2005, 03:57 PM
I doubt you'll find it much different since then, except for the updates in the last couple patches. Dunno.. if you were horde, try alliance this time.. and vice versa.

randyortonrko
03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
i like warcraft 2 beter

Buzzkill
03-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh no, impulse buy :o

road doggy dogg
03-22-2005, 06:21 PM
RBM is a noob. Don't make mention the dreaded "CS" word. Bad Druid. Go sit in the corner now.

Buzzkilllllllllll if you're playing, make an Alliance char on Archimonde dammit :rant: Or if you wanna play Horde, me and RBM and a couple others have alts on Spirestone (long drama story involved). Either way, it will be hot.

Now if only the servers were up. Stupid patch.

Buzzkill
03-22-2005, 06:24 PM
My main will probably be on Eredar :mad: lots of RL friends there.

But I will make a few alts over with you guys I'm sure

road doggy dogg
03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh, well that's hot. More fun to play with friends, so do it uppppppp. If you do make an alt, do it on Spire. Our Archi guild is more 'serious', and Spire is more for fucking around, so it won't matter if you're only on once every 2-3 days or whatever. Like right now I'm only lvl 20 on there, so we're not exactly striving to take over the server or anything

Buzzkill
03-22-2005, 06:37 PM
wont let me activate my account :mad: :mad: :mad: Site is down etc

Y2Ant
03-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Looks like Europe is getting the patch on Friday :cool:

They are bringing in server migration it looks like, they need to hook up some US-EU crossover thing now :mad:

Silent
03-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Man they need to bring the game back up..

Oh, I don't think I posted that I am playing this game. :p

I have a 50 druid on Bleeding Hollow (moving to Crushridge when server is back up) and a 17 druid on Hellscream (moving when I can. :p)

Buzzkill
03-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting to www.worldofwarcraft.com :mad:

Requiem
03-22-2005, 08:42 PM
They've been having troubles all day. Log-in servers keep going down.. servers themselves are going down. Rule #1 about MMO's... Never play on patch day. Mostly just because bad things happen, and if nothing bad has happened yet, expect it to..

DS
03-22-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't think I ever had problems on patch day with Asheron's Call. Blizzard is good at making games, but they are a little sketchy on keeping them running.

Requiem
03-22-2005, 08:56 PM
I don't think I ever had problems on patch day with Asheron's Call. Blizzard is good at making games, but they are a little sketchy on keeping them running.
Yeah, but you didn't play for years. AC patch days were eventually hell. Rollbacks, server outages, and just general -unplayable- game lag. Which is bad, considering the game was the least graphics intensive of any MMO except for UO. Was still a fun game though.

DS
03-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I remember rollbacks like crazy.

Silent
03-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Zzzz, I expect at least a day of credited play from Blizzard for this bullshit.. I pay for 2 accounts, and 30 bucks a month is going towards now daily crashes on my server, which last for at least an hour, and now this? :(

They should make new servers and move me to them. :o

LoDownM
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I feel the same way...Only it's 15 bucks...Stupid Deathwing, i'll never break lvl45 if the server keeps fucking up.

road doggy dogg
03-23-2005, 12:16 AM
If my computer wasn't broken, I'd probably feel the same way. :p

Seems Archi's been up and down all night. From what I heard, when it WAS up, about 50 Horde were camping DM entrance, so the combination of all the Horde, and Alliance trying to go in, made a nice big brainfart. That, coupled with the other server crappage. I'm hoping that when I get my new hard drive tomorrow things will be fixed. Can't wait for that phat lewt from DM :drool: And new waterrrrrrrrrr

Silent
03-23-2005, 01:49 AM
The whole login process was such a bitch tonight, I felt really cheated, I spent a good chunk of my afternoon waiting for the game to load because me and my friends had planned some questing, but we couldn't get on until after half of them had gone to sleep.

Anyway, I hope it's better tomorrow.

Requiem
03-24-2005, 01:00 AM
2 and a half lvls in one day on my new char, bringing me to 27.5

Gonzo
03-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Couldn't log in last night but I can now. At least it helped me get some sleep.

Requiem
03-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Planning on hitting 30 by this weekend.. Hopefully tomorrow actually. Then, by the end of next week, I wanna be in my mid thirties or so.

Silent
03-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Just hit 20 yesterday, I got Cat Form and all that cool jazz. :cool:

Requiem
03-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Gonna hit 30 today.. I'm halfway through 29. Damn I've been going fast. Catching up to DS nicely.

Silent
03-27-2005, 02:02 PM
So what server do you all play on? Hellscream can be too laggy sometimes.

Requiem
03-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Tichondrius is where DS and I play.. we used to be on Azgalor, but left for certain reasons, even though DS had a high lvl there.

Gonzo
03-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I play on Burning Blade with my RL friends. My one friend is a 38 NE Hunter and my other friend has a Human Paladin level 60. I'm a Human Warrior level 25. Been going up in the ranks pretty fast too.

Gonzo
03-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Haha I was in the Charred Vale doing a warrior quest. I got jumped by 5 horde of different varieties. I got pissed so I found myself a partner like level 38. All the Horde's were mid to high 20's like me. We went in there and ass raped every last one. Good times.

Silent
03-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Sounds like fun. :D

Requiem
03-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Yeah earlier today, I went to BFD in Ashenvale alone.. kinda snuck in the first part and saw a group of alliance.. two similar lvl to me, and two 21's.. I managed to kill two of them before they even knew what was going on. Then suddenly a high lvl pallie came out and 2 shotted me :(

Silent
03-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Haha, damn I have never done any PVP since I started playing. Sounds like fun though.

El Capitano Gatisto
03-27-2005, 09:42 PM
You are all nerds.

Gonzo
03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
You my friend, are correct.

Apocolyptik1
03-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Tichondrius is where DS and I play.. we used to be on Azgalor, but left for certain reasons, even though DS had a high lvl there.

I play on Azgalor.

Requiem
03-28-2005, 02:40 AM
Wohoo.. hit 30 tonight. Oh, and Apocolyptik.. I have a 23 tauren warrior on Azgalor still. Just don't plan on playing him unless Tich has some serious server problems or somethin.. He's in Necro Horde.

You Horde or Alliance?

Gonzo
03-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Woo just went into the Razorfen Kraul tonight and got myself something for a warrior quest. Found some high level Pallies to help me out inside. Ganked a bunch of horde in the Stonetalon Mountains en route to the Barrens. Not a huge upgrade from my current armor but it'll advance the series of quests.

LoDownM
03-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Damn it, why can't any of you play on Deathwing :mad: Not big on starting a new character :(

Gonzo
03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
When you eventually start over start on a different server. :-\

Apocolyptik1
03-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Wohoo.. hit 30 tonight. Oh, and Apocolyptik.. I have a 23 tauren warrior on Azgalor still. Just don't plan on playing him unless Tich has some serious server problems or somethin.. He's in Necro Horde.

You Horde or Alliance?

I have a 60 rogue named Calameth on alliance. I also have a 30 warlock and "had" a 36 paladin. I didnt like paladin. It was boring as hell, so I deleted and rolled a warlock.

I have horde characters on Sargeras. Highest one I have I think is a 23 shaman. I havent played horde as much because I started with alliance and got my guy to 60 kinda fast (because I lived in the game for about 2 months). My 60 guy has A LOT of gold, and whenever I feel like starting someone new, I always have money to give to him and twink him out. It sucks having to do the same quests for alliance over and over again, but I play because pvp is real fun.

Rogue's are very fun if anyone wants to try one out. The only thing that sucks about them is that their are to many rogues in servers, and in higher end raids, its hard to get a party because you have to compete with so many other people.

Requiem
03-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I swear to god, if you're a part of BOT, I'll never talk to you again :(

road doggy dogg
03-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Rogues are gay, reroll a Mage

Silent
03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Rogues are only gay when they are dueling you. :p

RBM
03-29-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm now about 10 or 11 bubs from level 60 and I have 5 of my 8 set pieces. :heart:

road doggy dogg
03-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Not really, I can regularly beat rogues in duels and 1v1. Rank 1 Blizzard > shitty stealthing.

Apocolyptik1
03-29-2005, 02:50 PM
haha no I am not part of BOT requiem.

I am in a smaller clan.

Rogues are great character and excellent pvp'ers. The best rogue in Azgalor cannot be beaten be anyone else in the server. Mages are just mad at kick and stun lock.

I have a few pieces of shadowcraft RBM, but with the popularity of rogues its hard to get a raid, and when you do, their is always plenty of other rogues to roll against you.

Silent
03-29-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm really happy with my Druid.. not a lot of them so getting groups is fine, and I can either be a tank, offensive caster, or a healer.

Requiem
03-29-2005, 04:38 PM
haha no I am not part of BOT requiem.

I am in a smaller clan.

Thank god... BOT... bleh.. lousy bunch of zerg gankers consisting of trash like Bachsin and such. http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

I dunno why I care.. I don't play the server, but I hated BOT with a passion due to the people they had in the guild.

Silent
03-29-2005, 09:36 PM
FUCKING Hellscream server has been down all day, I am starting to wonder why I pay for this? I am most likely going to change servers in the next week or so at this rate. What with the daily crashes and all..

Gonzo
03-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah I think the majority of servers are down today. Mine (Burning Blade) is down and it usually is never down. I demand compensation. :mad:

Silent
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Refunding the day won't even settle this for me.. I pay for 2 accounts, myself and my friend's, money is not the issue, I could have levelled and progressed in the game.

Give me a free move to the server of MY choice.

Requiem
03-29-2005, 11:36 PM
They patched the servers today.. that's why. Though, they might just be having further problems.. dunno.

They gave everyone an extra two days. By playing on Tichondrius, I got a bunch of free time added to my account now :cool:

Buzzkill
03-30-2005, 12:04 AM
what lvl are you rdd

Requiem
03-30-2005, 12:17 AM
He's 60

LoDownM
03-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Deathwing worked all day after the patch, for a change :) Had a 600+ Queue line tho.

Requiem
03-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah, Tichondrius has worked since today's patch apparently, but it has huge queues..

Silent
03-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Hellscream still down as I write this, although Crushridge is back up so I can at least toy around with my high level, but I really wanted to play my lower level on HS.

The thing i don't get is that when the server was down for only a few hours total (over the last few days) they give us 2 free days, and now it's down for litterally ALL day, and we only get 1 day and some rested XP. I think we should more, but that's just me..

Y2Ant
03-30-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm still stuck on level 36 :'(

Does anyone know where you get Artisan Leatherworking from? i'm at 210/225 right now, with only 2 things left to learn (the quiver and ammo pouch)

Also, I am at 225 with Cooking, and almost 225 with Fishing and First Aid, I have no idea where the Artisan shit is for that. :o

Y2Ant
03-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Oh yeah and what do those reagents do that you buy from reagent vendors, and what does the wrapping paper do

Silent
03-30-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure if they are used in anything else, but I have alchemy, and you combine reagents to make materials to make the potions.

Buzzkill
03-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Lvl 14 warrior :cool:

road doggy dogg
03-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Rogues are great character and excellent pvp'ers. The best rogue in Azgalor cannot be beaten be anyone else in the server. Mages are just mad at kick and stun lock.

Huh?

Any Mage who hates any rogue ability other than Gouge is terrible.

road doggy dogg
03-30-2005, 08:14 PM
what lvl are you rdd

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?65590

Requiem
03-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Yeah, mages own rogues. Any snared/dotted rogue is fucked.

Also, reagents are for professions and certain spells/abilities.

Like, my mage needs the teleportation ones.

Y2Ant
03-31-2005, 05:05 AM
is it just mages that can use portals?

also where is all the artisan stuff :(

DS
03-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Mages and Warlocks can use portals.

Artisan Leatherworker for Alliance is in Aerie Peak in the Hinterlands.
Artisan Leatherworker for Horde is in Ferales in Camp Mojache.

road doggy dogg
04-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Only Mages can cast portals, but once cast anyone can use them. Warlocks have the Summon ability which IMO is a crapload more useful. Unless you're like me and solo a lot.

Requiem
04-03-2005, 04:16 PM
What he said... and yeah, I like soloing with my mage too... IAE grinding for the win.

Spoon Bender
04-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Locks own Mages :p

Y2Ant
04-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah i've taken a bit of a liking to the Warlock class :cool:

road doggy dogg
04-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Locks own Mages :p

Well with the minor buff they got in the patch (able to command pets while sheeped/sapped/etc), they're a bit tougher, but still killable. Succubus is the only Lock pet that worries me. Anything else is /yawn

Requiem
04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
It's too bad warlocks are having a bunch of problems with their class over-all. Wow, warlocks on the boards are almost as pissed as hunters.

Gonzo
04-04-2005, 10:09 PM
I pwnd a Paladin yesterday. Warrior > Paladin. At least at level 30, it was even in levels and I pwnd.

Y2Ant
04-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Level 38 now, halfway to 39, ain't gonna be able to afford a mount @ 40 though :(

Requiem
04-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah, no way I'm gonna be able to get my mount at 40 unless I get some serious help from guildies. I go broke almost every time I buy my new skills..

LoDownM
04-06-2005, 12:49 AM
I pwnd a Paladin yesterday. Warrior > Paladin. At least at level 30, it was even in levels and I pwnd.

Yeah, if you get Shield Bash or Pummel in during thier healing cast. They are boned. No healing for 4 secs, all it takes to kill them.

road doggy dogg
04-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah Paladins are a joke. I mean I don't fight them much due to being alliance, but in duels and stuff CS totally owns them. Not having a HoT really hurts them. That's why Druids are such a bitch.

Speaking of mounts, I'm saving up for my Epic now :(

Gonzo
04-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah I'm not even bothering with a mount, just gonna save cash to buy epic when I get to 60 or so.

Requiem
04-07-2005, 01:52 AM
I'd rather have the lvl 40 mount than have to go from 40 to 60 with no mount.. =\

You're gonna end up buying one since you'll be so annoyed at how slow you get places...