PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Silent
02-20-2007, 01:57 PM
So I take it you're a Dranei shaman deadly? What server you play on currently? PVE or PVP?

I play on Zul'jin usually, I have a 66 gnome mage. If you're high level you should transfer, there's quite a few guilds on this server, I'm sure you could find one..

El Fangel
02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Im on Runetotem. Level 16 Dwarf Warrior (Started recently)

Nark Order
02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm horde. Got a 67 Troll shaman on Ursin.

I'm the CO-GM of a fairly decent rainding guild but my RL friend (GM) is pissin me off. Gonna reroll soon. We've got like 35 70's atm but I'm gonna take a break til we get through this whole 10 man raid shit

Silent
02-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Your RL friend is acting like that? Tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine.. I would backhand my friends if they were acting like that.

Nark Order
02-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, he thinks he's hot shit. Even though he's a rogue...

Says he's gonna be the only melee DPS in every 10 man raid. Which leaves every enhance sham, rogue, fury warrior, and hunter (says hunter cause they do same type of damage) completely fucked.

LoDownM
02-20-2007, 07:20 PM
No offense, your friend is a moron and a loot whore, if he's gonna do that. But there's no such thing as a dps warrior in Kara, so he's right there.

My guilds Kara group normally goes, 1 War, 2 Pally, 2 Priests, 1 Druid, 1 Mage, 1 Lock, 1 Hunter, 1 Rogue. Works great, got the Curator down last night. Only reason we don't bring a shaman is because our highest one is 66.

Silent
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM
/gquit IMO, deadly

LoDownM
02-21-2007, 04:52 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1965925036534861561

Video of when we downed The Curator the other night.

V
02-21-2007, 07:32 AM
It's a horrible thing being a warrior right now.

Bears can take as much damage as a prot warrior, hold aggro on multiple targets much easier, and dps as good as an arms/fury warrior at the same time. It is innefficient to have a warrior tank as it stands right now... it's better for them to spec arms or fury and just do dps in the 5 mans with a bear tank. And even then we're screwed because we're a melee class with no real CC or utility.

I'm curently a prot warrior who is only useful on the 5 mans that can't get a bear, and I have to stay prot because i'm a main tank of karazhan =\

One of my good friends is a bear, and when i was arms a few days ago we did instances so efficiently with him tanking and me on dps.

Nark Order
02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately Gohan, you're right on the money. Our guild's main tank in Kara and other raids will most likely be our badass bear tank. The only thing about is that even on DPS, many classes will be able to out DPS you as well. Bad time to be a warrior atm, but I'm sure it will change in the near future.

Silent
02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Gohan, remember when I said that Warriors are muffed up on the last page? Welcome to the club. :p

V
02-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Warriors who know how to play as a dps warrior are fine when it comes to raw dps. When I was arms (I switched prot) only 2 people in my entire guild (we were a guild into AQ40 when 60 so we're not a n00b guild) could outdps me. A warlock, and a Fury Warrior. The actual raw dps is fine, but we just don't have the utility or CC of other dps classes.

Anyhoo.... I'm still going to be main tank of my guild's second karazhan team. Our OT is going to be a bear. I was actually picked to be the raid leader as well, so that video you posted LoDown will help me out. I'd appreciate vids of attunemen, moroes and the maiden if you have them although I'm pretty sure I have the strategies down.

starfox8500
02-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I started a Bloodelf Warlock lvl 11 SO much fun

LoDownM
02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Don't have video of the other boss's just Curator since its the only one I had fraps open for. Your gonna have to check out youtube man.

Nark Order
02-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Good news Gohan. Just saw that warriors are getting buffed considerably in the next patch notes. You get a 5% increase to threat and some other good stuff. Looks like you'll get your tank jobs back. :)

V
02-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Threat really isn't a problem when you're prot though :(

Anyhow, where did you find the patch notes? I'd like to read the rest.. they aren't up on worldofraids.com yet

El Fangel
02-23-2007, 02:53 AM
Anyone here play on Runetotem.

RP
02-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Stormrage

LoDownM
02-23-2007, 01:12 PM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=74727492&sid=1&pageNo=1

Fucking druids :mad:

Silent
02-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Threat really isn't a problem when you're prot though :(

Anyhow, where did you find the patch notes? I'd like to read the rest.. they aren't up on worldofraids.com yet

Those patch notes aren't real.

V
02-24-2007, 03:11 PM
well the real ones are up

they nerfed thunderfury. Right when my fucking guild was going to farm me one :mad:

other than that... they nerfed druids, and buffed prot warriors a bit :)

Silent
02-24-2007, 08:14 PM
And they nerfed fucking Priests right when I started to play mine again.

LoDownM
02-24-2007, 08:24 PM
lol Ive heard about all the bitching that been going on.

Ninti the Mad
02-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Stormrage

I used to play on that server.

mitchables
02-25-2007, 11:44 PM
I know it's probably an incredibly long shot, but does anybody play on Aman'Thul? It's an Oceanic server, so y'know, not really expecting many yes...es... but nonetheless, thought I'd ask. :$

Nark Order
02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Alright guys, finally got my sham to 70 and am mainly going to use him for raiding prposes as he is resto.

So I'm ready for an allie alt to level now. What server sould I roll it on and what class should I play?

RP
02-27-2007, 02:00 PM
The Venture Co.

Bloodelf Hunter

My friend has a 26 rogue there and i have a 15 mage and we're talking about leveling up together on that server and basically playing there for good. Its pvp. Pvp is in our blood. Fairly new server too.

Silent
02-27-2007, 02:44 PM
He said an alliance alt :p

Eh, I dunno if I will keep playing this for much longer, I can't get into the expansion and Priests are going to be the worst class once patch comes out. I might actually quit for real this time, unless they suddenly change some of the broken crap with the game. Warhammer Online looks better and better..

LoDownM
02-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Make a lock or hunter, problem solved Silent :p

Silent
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Decided to download the Test Realm client and hop on the ol' warrior, the rage gain is actually much nicer now, I may have to pick up this guy again..

Now I just have to wait a month to transfer off this crappy zero-pop server..

weather vane
03-08-2007, 03:20 AM
lol @ this thread

Silent
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the bump..

I /quit WoW :o

mitchables
03-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Why :(

Xero
03-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I'm quitting too. Actually probably just going inactive for a few months, but I've basically lost all interest.

Silent
03-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I put up with WoW for way too long. It's an incredible game when you are leveling up, it's way more fun then any other MMO out there. But as soon as you hit the level cap, the game because a boring, repetitive grind for rep. All there is to do basically is raid or PVP.

Raiding is lame as hell, nobody wants to sit in a group of 25 people for hours and die repeatedly to learn an encounter, that is not fun at all, at least to me. Jeff Kaplan busts a nut every time they discuss bringing out new content, because he knows they can put in another raiding dungeon timesink.

PVP in this game sucks so much, it's hard to list everything wrong with it in a short post. I never considered Battlegrounds to be PVP in the first place, it's a rep grind.

Also, Blizzard is basically clueless on how to balance their game. They are constantly making things weaker, and once in a blue moon they will actually improve a class that really needed the help (druids) and then restart the cycle a few weeks later by making the class useless again.

Also, they make healing HARDER. That is the fucking dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Less then 10% of the game's population plays a healing spec, why would you make it even less enjoyable?

The worst thing is that the game is so popular that Blizzard will never change it.

/Rant Over. I'll take my $15 a month somewhere else.. :-\

LoDownM
03-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Feral druids needed a nerf. They were supposed to be a 2nd choice if you couldn't find a warrior or rogue, not the first choice.

Silent
03-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Warriors need a buff, Druids were fine.

A warrior can still out tank a bear as long as he knows how to play, which unfortunately most warriors don't. Warriors just need to be fixed, but now Bear form is just gimp.. Again.

Oh, I forgot to mention about Rogues, there's nothing wrong with their class except the Vanish bug (which admittedly is pretty huge) but for standard DPS/PVP they are ok now.

RP
03-11-2007, 05:43 AM
The Vanish bug is a tragedy. I cant believe it hasnt been fixed . We're arent " ok " in pvp imo. They gave us a little nerf and gave hunters and casters even more. The shit Hunters get is rediculous. It doesnt even make sense. Hunters are practically rogues with lots of cool Bow skills and a pet that does a fukton of DPS. Its just plain stupid.

I dont plan on quitting the game. I have taken breaks here and there, but i'm about to dink 64 and i'm running Underbogs now so as long as there is a new instance or something for me to do, i'll stay interested. I like farming rep by doing the instances. Makes it alot more rewarding.

Silent
03-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Cloak of Shadows was a very nice addition for rogues, but the Vanish bug sucks big time and almost ruins pvp for them. Their stuns still make them more viable for CC battlegrounds like AB over Druids.

Hunters have been messed up for a long time, Blizzard must love that class. Their survivability in PVP is out of control, and Feign Death can bite me too. :o

RP
03-11-2007, 06:57 AM
And the funny thing about the expansion is the first to instances you do. Hunter gear, hunter gear and more hunter gear. lol

LoDownM
03-11-2007, 12:58 PM
And the funny thing about the expansion is the first to instances you do. Hunter gear, hunter gear and more hunter gear. lol

Bullshit, outside of Kara, no hunter loot has ever fucking dropped in any instance I do.

Silent
03-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with LoDown, I never saw much Hunter gear. Mostly Shaman and Paladin. Holy shit a lot of Paladin loot.

RP
03-14-2007, 03:59 AM
Bullshit, outside of Kara, no hunter loot has ever fucking dropped in any instance I do.

LOL what?? The first 3 times i did BF and Ramparts it was all Hunter hunter hunter.

I think the first mob in Ramparts drops a blue hunter chest

( mind you i'm only 64 so thats as far as i know so far ).

In other news. My buddy is telling me i should scrap leatherworking and go mining cause its possible i may never be able to make the epic level 70 stuff for leatherworking due to difficulty in the end game i guess? I dunno. But he says i'll have a much better chance at getting my flying mount if i switch to resource gathering skills like mining. I'm already a skinner also. I probably wont dump that.

Silent
03-14-2007, 04:33 AM
I think that mining and jewelcrafting do make a ton of money.

RBM
03-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Jewelcrafting costs a ton of money. Mining is so inflated, it would be crazy to not have it at the moment, at least on Firetree.

30 gold for a stack of thorium is insane.

I personally lost the internet for a couple of weeks due to Verizon being incompetent, but with that break from WoW, I had gained a bit of interest again. I'm sure I'll be quite bored though when I get my shaman to 70. (he's 60 atm)

I have a 60 priest, 60 druid and a 57 warlock if I really wanted to push them to 70 for a bit different flavor.

V
03-16-2007, 12:03 PM
My Armory Profile (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com)

I want more epix :(

Silent
03-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Nice stuff Gohan. Here's my highest lvl character..

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Glenn

LoDownM
03-16-2007, 04:19 PM
/epeen flex

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&n=Zarianex

Yes, green boots, they'll be replaced tonight. Finally have enough honor for my boots.

mitchables
04-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Any mages in the hizzouse that can offer some tips for killing/holding out against locks? I've got auto self-remove curse hotkeyed and such, but it seems like they have an ungodly amount of debuffs and such that just rip straight through me. :(

mitchables
04-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Also, I hate seduction, and the fact that fear lasts for 10 seconds. :(

LoDownM
04-10-2007, 01:02 AM
I've only ever beaten locks as Frost spec. Gotta have Cold Snap and Ice Block cooled down tho.

mitchables
04-10-2007, 01:48 AM
I am a frost spec, but usually my Cold Snap and Ice Block aren't cooled down because I've already used them and the cooldown is heaps long.

That said, I should probably spend some talent points on reducing the cooldown.

Locks seem to be my main bane at the moment, moreso than Rogues. You can Frost Nova and Cone of Cold a Rouge and Blink out of range most of the time and they can't touch you for anything too extreme, especially since I'm critting for like 700 damage. But locks... they have so many damn debuffs and they can put them on you at the same time, so even if I remove curse, I've still got like three or four other things draining life from me. Put that on top of their minion attacking me and their actual Drain Life power, and generally I'm dead before I know it.

Silent
04-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Yeah, locks are a beeyotch to beat for most classes. I don't have much trouble on my warrior killing them, but their DoTs always kill me after I destroy them either way :o

On my old mage, I would just keep Counterspell nearby, CS their fear and then try to count to 8 in your head, if they are still alive cast polymorph on them. Most locks are dumb and will try to cast fear as soon as it pops. I used to get cussed out by several locks on my mage after chain anti-spelling them. :p

BTW, go fire eventually. So fun post-60. :D

road doggy dogg
04-20-2007, 02:03 AM
lol WoW. I sold my account to Ant, and am now $600 happier. :love:

mitchables
04-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I discovered recently as well, with the advent of Ice Barrier, how awesome it is being a Draenei frost mage. Ice barrier + uninterrupted evocation and Gift of Naaru = ratings. I duelled like 5 warriors, all of whom but one were higher than me, and beat them all. When they realised I could heal, many a groan was heard. :cool:

RBM
04-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I DID NOT KNOW PUNKS WERE ALLOWED TO PLAY ON THE INTERNETS?!

A few bubs from 67 on my draenei shaman. Enhancement is on the verge of being whacked with the nerf stick with that stupid windfury "fix" and I've no real desire to switch specs. My other high classes are healing ones and Blizz seems to hate healing.

Joy.

Silent
04-20-2007, 07:23 PM
I still play my warrior occasionally and read the forums every once in a while, I think Blizzard's plan is to nerf everything into oblivion and depress the player base, and then when Warhammer Online comes out, they will buff every class again to lure players back.

I am only playing this game because there is nothing else worth playing/paying for out there at the moment. Bring on Age of Conan. :|