PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Talk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Cactus Sid
05-21-2004, 06:17 PM
The Yak wants to come to Anfield :shifty:

Rob Ban Fan
05-21-2004, 06:27 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">well, no disrespect to Doink but Anfield and The Riverside are completly different. Id accept it if he wanted to go to Anfield (although id think it was a bad idea personally) but a move to Boro would be a step backwards. Although im sure he wants to get knocked out of the UEFA cup in the first round by the domestic champions of Macedonia, play in a silent, half empty stadium, play with world class talent like Michael Ricketts and finish 12 every season.

Dont get me started on Steve "The Greatest English manager alive and should be the next England manager" McClaren.</font>

Cactus Sid
05-21-2004, 06:30 PM
:love:

Mr. Monday Morning
05-21-2004, 07:11 PM
The dark side of RBF :eek:

Rob Ban Fan
05-21-2004, 07:13 PM
;)

Cactus Sid
05-21-2004, 07:14 PM
The voice of the people

The Mackem
05-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Yeah Boro do suck.

Rob Ban Fan
05-21-2004, 07:20 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Niall Quinn > Juninho</font>

packt up
05-21-2004, 07:42 PM
WE cleared out about eight players today. Probably more to go

I went to school with Patrick Collins who was released today :(. In my year and everything - played footy with him a few times.

One time he took a shot and the keeper saved it and broke his wrist. He was pretty damn good. Hopefully he'l find another team.

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 06:25 AM
One time he took a shot and the keeper saved it and broke his wrist. He was pretty damn good. Hopefully he'l find another team.

haha yeah that happened to me once,unfortunately i was the keeper.:'(

The guy who did it is on Leicester's books so watch this space.:mad:

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Funny if it was like Izzet or something.

Dunno, I just like saying Izzet now :(.

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 07:48 AM
If i had played with Muzzy Izzet (don't take that the wrong way :shifty:) then you would have heard about it.:love: It was Louis Dodds,he's on champ manager.

Read in the local paper that Dickov is now talking with Portsmouth,with Blackburn about to make an offer.

Rob
05-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Just out of curiousity, am I the only person who thinks Muzzy Izzet is fu</>cking useless?

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Just out of curiosity, Alan Smith is a stupid tit.

Instead of being a big fish in a small pond at Leeds, playing in the 1st division and not seeing much high quality football;

he would rather move to ManYoo, be relegated to fourth in their pecking order when it comes to strikers, and not see much high quality football.

Leeds, please.

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah he must be the only Leeds fan who's wanted to go to United.

I think he's overrated anyway.

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Just out of curiousity, am I the only person who thinks Muzzy Izzet is fu</>cking useless?

Dazz seems to aswell,but you don't get the most assists in the league by being shit.He makes a lot of good runs and very rarely wastes the ball.Outside the top three i don't think he'd look out of place anywhere.

Seriously,his goal at Grimsby was one of the greatest i've ever seen,if that was in the premiership it would have constantly been shown for weeks.

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, am I the only one who thinks Dazz is overrated?

Just kidding, Dazz :love:

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 08:58 AM
So, ManYoo, Millwall, anyone?

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Yeah gonna be watching it,that FA Cup thread has gone so i may aswell post in here about it.

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 09:37 AM
How far away is it?

ManYoo, sleep.

ManYoo, sleep.

It's a tough decision :-\

Mr. Monday Morning
05-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Just under 90 minutes from kickoff (3pm GMT)

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 09:54 AM
In that case, sleep wins.

Stupid ManYoo, just hurry up and lose already so I can laugh at the Mask :mad:

Rob
05-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Just out of curiosity, Alan Smith is a stupid tit.

Instead of being a big fish in a small pond at Leeds, playing in the 1st division and not seeing much high quality football;

he would rather move to ManYoo, be relegated to fourth in their pecking order when it comes to strikers, and not see much high quality football.

Leeds, please.

So you'd rather play first division football for a club that needs every penny it can get and thus has to sell all of it's best players? That's quite ambitious isn't it? :roll:

How many first division strikers play for England again?

Rob
05-22-2004, 10:03 AM
In that case, sleep wins.

Stupid ManYoo, just hurry up and lose already so I can laugh at the Mask :mad:

Somebody is still a bit bitter that they never beat us once this season :p

I want to be realistic and say everyone will be up for it and Man United will edge it but I can't see us not scoring at least 4 goals here. Especially when looking at some of the goals Millwall have let in this season against hopeless Div 1 teams.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-22-2004, 10:07 AM
So you'd rather play first division football for a club that needs every penny it can get and thus has to sell all of it's best players? That's quite ambitious isn't it? :roll:

How many first division strikers play for England again?

Steve Bull :love:

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Somebody is still a bit bitter that they never beat us once this season :p

I want to be realistic and say everyone will be up for it and Man United will edge it but I can't see us not scoring at least 4 goals here. Especially when looking at some of the goals Millwall have let in this season against hopeless Div 1 teams.
Might I remind you of a certain Wolverhampton team which ended the season with a rather shithouse goal difference, yet was able to aim up for one game and beat this ManYoo side?

And yes, I would prefer to be a big fish in a small pond, but I'm not Alan Smith, so I don't get to make that decision. He's still stupid, however.

And hey, if I was so bitter, I'd be staying up, so :mad:

Rob
05-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Well Peter Taylor (ok he was a winger) did it too from a lower league but you know I meant now!

Rob
05-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Might I remind you of a certain Wolverhampton team which ended the season with a rather shithouse goal difference, yet was able to aim up for one game and beat this ManYoo side?

And yes, I would prefer to be a big fish in a small pond, but I'm not Alan Smith, so I don't get to make that decision. He's still stupid, however.

And hey, if I was so bitter, I'd be staying up, so :mad:

Arsenal or Wolves? Make up your mind.

toxic rooster
05-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Well if someone isn't bitter that you didn't win the Premiership this season :p

Rob
05-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Talk sense please lad

El Capitano Gatisto
05-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Nor have I, I bet ECG has, he seems to have heard of everyone. PSV are our link up club, we get first refusal on their players when they wanna sell them, and we loan them players till they get English permits :cool:.

Nah, haven't heard nor seen Farfan. Chilean league doesn't get much coverage, anywhere.

Gamst-Pederson is quality, though. Saw him playing against Northern Ireland earlier this year and he scored a brilliant goal. He has a lethal shot.

Wengerland
05-23-2004, 07:34 AM
The agent of Rafa Benitez (Valencia coach) has said that Benitez would strongly consider moving to manage Liverpool.

I guess that would be pretty good for them,i'd see how Houllier does in the first few games because Liverpool ended this season very well.

Rob
05-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Why wait? He has had more than his chance and has consistantly failed to deliver on promises. 95% of his signings have been a joke and the team is no more closer to the championship than they were before he took over. Give a new manager time to start building his squad in pre season instead on lumbering Houllier's sh</>ite on him after 5 or 6 games.

The Mask
05-23-2004, 09:58 AM
shut it, houllier in charge of the scousers is the best thing ever :love:

Rob
05-23-2004, 10:38 AM
They'd be sh</>ite regardless :p

Tony Montana
05-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Does anyone think Everton will have a chance of getting any of: Joe Cole, Alan Smith, or Muzzy Izzet ?

I know it is highly unlikely that Smith or Cole would want to come to Everton but that is all I read about in the papers nowadays....

Wengerland
05-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Izzet's off to Birmingham,he'd become the highest paid player there if he agrees to the offer,and Smith seems certain to go to Man Utd,if not i'd still think he'd join a more successful club than Everton.

Rob
05-23-2004, 10:44 AM
I like Smith so I'll take him. Leeds fans should get off his back.

Dazz
05-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah, Smith is pretty much a United man, £6 million apparently

According to News Of The World, Morientes to Chelsea is almost a done deal. Mourinho is expected to be unvieled as the new Chelsea coach on either Thursday or Friday.

Ogen
05-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Does anyone think Everton will have a chance of getting any of: Joe Cole, Alan Smith, or Muzzy Izzet ?

I know it is highly unlikely that Smith or Cole would want to come to Everton but that is all I read about in the papers nowadays....

Well Coles only a loan deal so I'm sure he'd be happy enough just to get the chance of first team football

Dazz
05-23-2004, 01:31 PM
I think that Cole will stay at Chelsea, if Ranieri stayed he would play him, if a new manger ame it, I think he would play him, Cole is too good to go out on loan, he will either be sold of kept.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Why wait? He has had more than his chance and has consistantly failed to deliver on promises. 95% of his signings have been a joke and the team is no more closer to the championship than they were before he took over. Give a new manager time to start building his squad in pre season instead on lumbering Houllier's sh</>ite on him after 5 or 6 games.

aka Tottenham this season

Rob Ban Fan
05-23-2004, 03:58 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Apparently Middlesbrough have put in a £4.5M bid for Yakubu :|

He's younger and better than Maccarone and if they were dumb enough to pay £8M for him... :@</font>

Rob
05-23-2004, 04:03 PM
aka Tottenham this season

And they ended up with no manager still to this day.

Rob
05-23-2004, 04:04 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Apparently Middlesbrough have put in a £4.5M bid for Yakubu :|

He's younger and better than Maccarone and if they were dumb enough to pay £8M for him... :@</font>

I still think Maccarone will turn good. Maybe not at Boro though.

Cactus Sid
05-23-2004, 04:08 PM

I would argue a lot of what you said, if it wasn't for the fact that I want Houllier out.

Dazz
05-23-2004, 04:11 PM
I still think Maccarone will turn good. Maybe not at Boro though.

Yeah in the under 21 championships a couple of years back Maccarone was on fire, if he hits that sort of form for Middlesborough, the fans will love him.

Danny Electric
05-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah I want him out too, fair play to him for his service. But he promised after five years he'll give us the Premiership and he hasn't. Therefore he's broken his own word. I don't see us winning the Premiership under Houllier.
Let's get a manger with Champions League experience.

Dazz
05-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Ranieiri said he would deliver it in three years and hasn't, but I still want him to stay in chrage.

I think that Houllier is still the man for next season, they should see who he brings in and out, and then see how he gets on.

Danny Electric
05-23-2004, 04:22 PM
But Ranieri has shown improvement as the three years have progressed.
If anything Liverpoll progressed at first but over the last two seasons we've gone downhill.
I'd rather Houllier goes now than halfway through next eason.

Wengerland
05-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Seeing as they've got rid of Heskey,which most fans wanted despite the team being better with him in,and Cisse seems certain to go,i think he should be given another chance.Plus they looked good towards the end of the season.

They finished 4th,which was realistically the best they could do,so the only failure is how far behind the top three they finished.No shame in losing to the beaten UEFA Cup finalists either.

Danny Electric
05-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Seeing as they've got rid of Heskey,which most fans wanted despite the team being better with him in,and Cisse seems certain to go,i think he should be given another chance.Plus they looked good towards the end of the season.

They finished 4th,which was realistically the best they could do,so the only failure is how far behind the top three they finished.No shame in losing to the beaten UEFA Cup finalists either.

I know, but it's the way we finished fourth. We did look better towards the end but we had a poor season. We had no chance of being in the top three but we were so far away.
I feel that Heskey was great for us, the way he held the ball up and his partnership with Owen was great. I'm sad to see him go. I said before that I hope he does well at Birmingham and shuts up his critics.

Ogen
05-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Why exactly do Liverpool fans expect to challenge to the top 3 the gulf is huge new manager or not teh only thing 'Pool have going for them is Owen and Gerrard the rest of the team is average

Wengerland
05-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Actually it will be interesting to see how Heskey fits in at Birmingham,if its anything like at Liverpool then Forssell should get a lot of goals,he seems a better finisher than Owen and Owen misses a number of chances.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah I want him out too, fair play to him for his service. But he promised after five years he'll give us the Premiership and he hasn't. Therefore he's broken his own word. I don't see us winning the Premiership under Houllier.
Let's get a manger with Champions League experience.

I find it pretty funny how over the past couple seasons Houllier has always used the 'five seasons' excuse as to why the team haven't won the league yet, and just a few weeks ago he was asked about being in the 6th year of a 5 year plan and claimed to have said no such thing :lol:

The Mask
05-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Why exactly do Liverpool fans expect to challenge to the top 3 the gulf is huge new manager or not teh only thing 'Pool have going for them is Owen and Gerrard the rest of the team is average

I don't mind, cause it's funny watching them try and fail.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-23-2004, 06:42 PM

Because Liverpool have the basics needed to be the biggest club in England again:

- strong financial backing

- excellent youth system

- truly international fanbase

- prestigious history to attract the top players

- a great current stadium, with plans to move to a bigger and better one

With a good manager, they could be expected to sign the right players for the club, and to progress. Houillier has bought alot of crap, but he also laid the foundations of a strong team. Aside from Owen and Gerrard, they have established, talented young players like Diouf (who is TWICE African player of the year, don't forget, which is an amazing achievement for a player of 22 or 23), Riise, Kewell, Baros, Sinama-Pongolle, Le Tallec and Kirkland.

They also have a strong nucleus of excellent, experienced players like Hamman, Murphy, Carragher, Finnan and Hyypia.

They could be challengers if they had a manager who obviously inspired the players more, played with more ambition and didn't wallow in excuses.

Wengerland
05-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Real Madrid finished 4th in La Liga after losing for the fifth game in a row.

Barcelona 2nd :love:

Ogen
05-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Just heard on another forum that Houllier is gone announment in the morning this guy normally is bang on with things like this has a good friend who works as a sports journo for one of the nationals. Take from it what you will but I'm pretty certain if hes been told Houllier is gone then he is. We'll see tomorrow in any case. Leading contenders are supposed to be Curbishly and the Valencia coach whos name I can't remember right now. O'Neil is not supposed to be in the running.

Ogen
05-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Real Madrid finished 4th in La Liga after losing for the fifth game in a row.

Barcelona 2nd :love:

Well thats Quieroz(sp?) gone now I'd say can't see the Real board accepting that. Hitzfeld to Real d'ya think since hes finishing at Bayern?

Rob
05-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Well thats Quieroz(sp?) gone now I'd say can't see the Real board accepting that. Hitzfeld to Real d'ya think since hes finishing at Bayern?

He was sacked when Madrid lost to Monaco

Ogen
05-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Really? F</>uck completly missed that well I feel like an arse now

Cactus Sid
05-23-2004, 07:59 PM
I think he meant, he was "as good as" gone

Ogen
05-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Ah right good don't have to feel like a complete fool then.

Dazz
05-23-2004, 08:21 PM
It's funny how every managerial job that crops up, everyone straight away talks about O'Neill.

I read the News Of The World earlier, and I agree with them, Liverpool should go for either Curbishley, Bruce or McClaren. They are the best managers England have to offer, I would still regard Bruce and McClaren as unproven, but Curbishley is definitley worth a mention. I could see him going too, I know that Charlton had a good season, but when he was linked with the Spurs job, he never seemed to 100% rule himself out. If Liverpool do offer Curbishley the job, I think he'd take it.

Hitzfield has already been sacked from Bayern, and it's kinda funny (to me) that a few months back he said that Chelsea wanted him but he was going to stay with Bayern, and then the Chelsea board said they never approached him and he said they did and we seemed to be pissed off with him, it will be interesting to see who we get if Mourinho doesn't come.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 04:48 AM
I'd like to see O'Neill back in England,he's only been back to Leicester once since leaving.Even though i think Houllier should possibly be given a chance to build on the end of last season,if O'Neill was given the amount of money that Houllier has spent then i'd feel they would be challenging more.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 06:35 AM

I dunno,maybe Mourinho might consider that job now.

I feel sorry for Del Bosque though,i mean last year they won La Liga and got to the semi's of the champions league.

Cactus Sid
05-24-2004, 06:57 AM
According to the BBC, Houllier will be sacked today

Cactus Sid
05-24-2004, 07:50 AM
I stand corrected.

Apparently Houllier will RESIGN

Cactus Sid
05-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Its Official, Gerard Houllier has parted company with Liverpool.

As a fan of the club, I have to say that he did a tremendous job to build this club back up from the position we were in during the mid 90s, and he brought one of the greatest moments the club has ever had, and for that, I, and all the fans of Liverpool will be thankful. However, he has, over the last 2 seasons, taken Liverpool backwards from the position which we held the year we came 2nd. We should have pushed on, but we didn't, and he has shown a distinct inability to buy top quality players, while at the same time spending over the odds for what he got.

I feel it is a good move for Liverpool, but will remember Houllier for the good things, rather than the bad.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
05-24-2004, 08:16 AM
Good, One less french tosspot manager in the league

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 08:17 AM
The board may aswell get Morgan back in to buy the club now then,he wanted Houllier out and would provide a lot more money.

I'm sad to see Houllier go,he nearly gave his life in management and arguably for Liverpool Football Club.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Henrik Larsson has turned down a move to Blackburn,because of "the weather".

I think it might have something to do with them being poor,in reality.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Charlton have signed the Danish no.2 keeper,Stephan Anderson.

Also Yakubu has said he is happy at Portsmouth.

The Mackem
05-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Henrik Larsson has turned down a move to Blackburn,because of "the weather".

I think it might have something to do with them being poor,in reality.

Yeah Blackburn is a bit of an improvement on Glasgow.

The Mask
05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
I dunno. You probably haven't been to blackburn much. The weather near my parents is rough quite a lot of the time :'(

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 12:09 PM
I didn't mean to say Blackburn has good weather,just that Larsson probably just felt they were too poor a side for him to go to,so said he wanted to be somewhere warmer.I still think he could move to England.:(

The Mask
05-24-2004, 12:11 PM
i imagine he'll probably end up somewhere like france or portugal, decent leagues but not huge.

The Mackem
05-24-2004, 12:15 PM
But it's close to Blackpool, everyone likes Blackpool!

Cactus Sid
05-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Good, One less french tosspot manager in the league

:lol:

That's at you by the way :|

packt up
05-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Was Houllier's time to go.

He did good though for a while just time for a change though.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Barcelona should sign Larsson. He'd be perfect for them.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 01:10 PM
I did hear Barca were interested,if Kluivert leaves then Larsson would be the perfect replacement.

Rob
05-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Manchester is sunny :shifty:

Rob
05-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Since we mentioned him too, Carlos Queiroz was sacked and Real Madrid will replace him with Jose Antonio Camacho

Rob
05-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Apparently Man United are wrapping up a deal with Alan Smith now for £5.5 Million plus Danny Pugh going to Leeds.

Dazz
05-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Danny Who??!!

who are ya
who are ya
who are ya

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Leeds could have got better.:-\

Pugh doesn't seem as good as some other youngsters.

Rob
05-24-2004, 05:39 PM
You think we'd give them Kieron Richardson or Chris Eagles? :lol:

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 05:41 PM
I'd have thought a bit more money would be suffice :mad:

Thinking about it,if Pugh isn't that good then we'll have a good chance next season against Leeds.:cool:

That better not come back to haunt me.:(

Rob
05-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Smith isn't worth anymore than £5.5 million. He only scored 9 goals this season.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 06:09 PM
imo he's not worth more than that as i think he's overrated but if Everton were offering £7 million...

El Capitano Gatisto
05-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Smith is excellent.

Rob, someone at Rajah pointed out that Alan Shearer only scored 23 goals in 118 games for Southampton before he went to Blackburn, at 22/23. Smith is only 23.

Look at how talented he is, rather than statistics.

Rob
05-24-2004, 06:11 PM
He is refusing to go to Everton. Plus they aren't paying up front. Plus Pugh is valued at £1.5 mil

Rob
05-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Smith is excellent.

Rob, someone at Rajah pointed out that Alan Shearer only scored 23 goals in 118 games for Southampton before he went to Blackburn, at 22/23. Smith is only 23.

Look at how talented he is, rather than statistics.

They only paid £3.5 million for Shearer though (ok it was a British transfer record but anyway). Shearer also scored more than 9 goals in his previous season and never got Southampton relegated.

I want Smith anyway.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Valuing someone like Pugh at that is criminal :(

Doink
05-24-2004, 06:14 PM
forgot i put my post on so here's an update & reply for you:

zenden was prob boro's best player over second half of season BUT unfortuantly he WONT sign for us unless he has a reaaly bad euro 2004 campagn where noone comes in for him!

We have made the cardinal sin with MENDIETA by letting him go on hol without signing his 'agreed in principle' 4 year contract after his loan spell, so no doubt he will be listening to other offers!

YAKUBU wont sign as 1. we wouldnt like it up here & 2. he needs to stay at pompy & prove himself for another year or so as he's done well this year but id like us to take a longer look if we are going to atempt to sign him.

would only take larson from celtic

Morientis was linked but would never come here

Maccarone needs to go out on loan for 6 months to get his confidence back (like what we did with job)

ricketts needs to curl up and die or just retire either one would do me

downing will go back on loan to the mackums

Mclaren the greatest english manager and next england boss - BOLLOCKS look at his record season 02/03 started season 1 point from first 5 games finished season with 1 point from 5 games, season 03/04 we started with guess what 1 point from first 5 games finished season with 3 points from 5 games and thats only coz man city were shit!

02/03 we couldnt win away, 03/04 we couldnt win at home. mclaren needs to convince the fans this year or they will call for his head more than they are doing now!

we have a pyscologist called bill beswick who's ment to help them with winning etc you can all see he needs sacking!

another player out is david murphy ans goalkeeper sam russell both youngsters who would do a job in 2nd div!

malcum christie will be fit for the new season, thats the best news so far from boro!!!

Rob
05-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Valuing someone like Pugh at that is criminal :(

When you are a Man U player, you're value goes up somehow. Dion Dublin, Keith Gillespie, Terry Cooke, etc

El Capitano Gatisto
05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
They only paid £3.5 million for Shearer though (ok it was a British transfer record but anyway). Shearer also scored more than 9 goals in his previous season and never got Southampton relegated.

I want Smith anyway.

Point is, Smith has talent. He's big, strong, fast, good in the air, got great technique, very hardworking and is a good finisher.

Bear in mind Leeds bosses have shifted him around from midfield to a supporting role, and that Leeds are shite.

In a good side, he'll get 20+ goals a season. £5.5 million, if it's true, would be a huge bargain, and would make up the inflated price Saha cost.

Wengerland
05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
When you are a Man U player, you're value goes up somehow. Dion Dublin, Keith Gillespie, Terry Cooke, etc

Good point,but that's 3 times the amount that Etherington was valued at in the Kanoute deal.

I guess it's like you say though:-\

Cactus Sid
05-24-2004, 06:46 PM
According to Houllier, the Cisse deal is DONE & DUSTED

So at least he finished off on a high

El Capitano Gatisto
05-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Cisse looks crap, to be honest.

Like alot of French players, he seems to be highly rated, but any time I've seen him play he has been next to useless. £14 million is a big risk.

Cactus Sid
05-24-2004, 07:22 PM
We'll have to wait and see, but he's exactly what we need, he's big, he's strong, he's quick, and unlike Heskey, he scores goals.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Stephane Guiv'arch and Ibrahim Bakayoko scored loads of goals in the French league. Who? That's what I mean.

El-Hadji Diouf did too, come to think of it. Though I am much more impressed by him than Cisse. I'd perservere with Diouf as a striker.

Ogen
05-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Carlos to complete a 20 million move to Chelsea in next few days:

------------------------------------------------
Source The Times
By Victor Vago and David Sharrock
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHELSEA are planning a move for Roberto Carlos, the Real Madrid defender, as Roman Abramovich seeks to emulate Real’s policy of signing some of the most famous players in the world. Reports in Spain last night said that the Brazil player’s wage demands have been turned down by Real and that he will take up an offer from Chelsea that will more than double his salary to £120,000 a week.

“I’m leaving Real Madrid, I’m going,” Roberto Carlos, whose contract with the Spanish club is scheduled to run out in July 2005, said on BBC Radio Brazil.

Jorge Valdano, the director of football at Real, who yesterday ended Carlos Queiroz’s tenure as coach, told AS, the Spanish daily sports paper: “He’s confirmed it. We’re waiting for a fax from Chelsea confirming they will pay the £20 million fee in order to complete the deal.”

Roberto Carlos, 31, was linked with Chelsea several months ago as his demands for an increase on his £45,000-a-week salary fell on deaf ears. The move now looks set to take place with almost immediate effect, the Brazilian seeing the switch to the Premiership as the final big move of his career.

Real are ringing the changes, with Queiroz being made the scapegoat for the club’s worst season in memory and replaced by José Antonio Camacho, the former Spain coach. The change could have repercussions for David Beckham, who arrived with Queiroz from Manchester United last summer, as rumours abound over whether he will stay or leave.

A warning issued by Florentino Pérez, the club president, yesterday could have been intended for Beckham — and, indeed, Roberto Carlos — when he was asked if some of the galácticos may now leave.

“I don’t like the phrase galácticos because it can be used as a weapon against us,” Pérez said. “I don’t know if they will all stay, but all I can say is that (Walter) Samuel came here for a lot less money than was offered by Chelsea. If anyone here wants to go to Chelsea, we’ll be delighted to listen, because we don’t want any players who have doubts about Madrid.”

Beckham, the England captain, announced last week that his wife and children would move to Madrid this summer. But the departure of Queiroz and his replacement by a man renowned for his bluntness and inflexibility may give him pause for thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20 millions for a 31 year old is a joke and paying him 120,000 a week is fu</>cking hilarious. Especially when in Bridge you've a great young left back

Cactus Sid
05-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Stephane Guiv'arch and Ibrahim Bakayoko scored loads of goals in the French league. Who? That's what I mean.

El-Hadji Diouf did too, come to think of it. Though I am much more impressed by him than Cisse. I'd perservere with Diouf as a striker.

Diouf hardly scored any in France, Houllier bought him on recommendation from Guy Roux and because he had a good World Cup. There is no point playing Diouf up front when he can't hit the target from inside the 18 yard box, he did have some quality occasionally when he played as a winger, but at the end of the day he has been a complete failure. For a "striker" to play 33 games and fail to score is a disgrace, and we should cut our losses and get rid of him.

Gui'varch and Bakayoko never really got the chance, although did little when they did, but they were different players to Cisse. He is, more or less, your stereotypical English centre forward.

I agree, £14 million is a HUGE risk for the lad, but I do have the feeling he'll come good.

Rob
05-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Leave me out. Guiv'arch was fu</>cking minging in Scotland (I knew it way before then). He couldn't score in a brothel and is arguably the worst striker I've seen in 10 years in that league (and there's been a few stinkers).

El Capitano Gatisto
05-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Leave me out. Guiv'arch was fu</>cking minging in Scotland (I knew it way before then). He couldn't score in a brothel and is arguably the worst striker I've seen in 10 years in that league (and there's been a few stinkers).

Yet he banged them in in the French league, and was first choice French striker for a while.

I'd like to actually see Cisse play well before I make any judgements on him, but seriously, any time I have seen him he has been disinterested and ineffective. Would have been nice to see him at Euro 2004, but his own petulance caused him to miss out.

packt up
05-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Ha I remember Guiv'arch...which unfortunate team signed him again :shifty:

:(

The Mask
05-24-2004, 10:31 PM
guiv'arch was pretty good on champo 97/98 :'(

Rob
05-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Yet he banged them in in the French league, and was first choice French striker for a while.

I'd like to actually see Cisse play well before I make any judgements on him, but seriously, any time I have seen him he has been disinterested and ineffective. Would have been nice to see him at Euro 2004, but his own petulance caused him to miss out.

That was the said thing about it.

I've seen Cisse. Don't look all that to me.

Rob
05-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Ha I remember Guiv'arch...which unfortunate team signed him again :shifty:

:(

Rangers. Within a year he was in the French 4th division.

The Mask
05-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Rangers. Within a year he was in the French 4th division.

LOL really?

Rob
05-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Might not have been a year but it was pretty damn close. He left Rangers for a decent team in France I think and then ended up there. He ended up there quick anyway.

Doink
05-25-2004, 04:45 AM
didnt he play for newcastle aswell?

packt up
05-25-2004, 09:02 AM
didnt he play for newcastle aswell?

Yeah he did thats what I was getting at Rob :p.

Played like shit and scored one - hitting the post on an open goal in 4-1 defeat against liverpool.

packt up
05-25-2004, 09:03 AM
In fact we signed him before Rangers - pre World Cup agreement. I remember seeing him during 98 and saying...yeah he's going to bomb so badly - couldn't hit the stade de Paris.

At least that makes us slightly less stupid.

Danny Electric
05-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Liverpool need to get a striker who's proven in the Premiership, instead of one who's proven in another league.
There's been talks of Baros leaving, I think Villa want him.

Skeletor2
05-25-2004, 02:37 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=205204

Marseille's Egyptian striker Mido claims he is set to hold talks with Newcastle United manager Sir Bobby Robson.
Mido has not had the expected impact since arriving at Marseille in the summer of 2003 from Ajax and is believed to be one of the players l'OM coach Jose Anigo will look to move on.

The talented Egyptian was linked with Newcastle last summer, but Robson opted against getting involved in a bidding war as he felt he had enough strikers on the books at St James' Park.

It would appear the veteran tactician has continued to monitor Mido's progress and circumstances could now see Robson dip into his transfer kitty.

Mido claims he will speak to Robson before assessing the options open to him, which suggests he could be in line for a move to St James' Park.

"I am not sure if I will stay at Marseille or not," Mido told Egyptianplayers.com. "There are many clubs interested. They are AS Roma, Atletico Madrid, Newcastle and also Besiktas of Turkey.

"I may have a meeting in the next couple of days with Sir Bobby Robson to discuss a possible transfer to Newcastle.

"I will look carefully at all offers before making my decision."

Newcastle could well perceive Mido as the perfect striking capture, as Alan Shearer has made no secret of the need for the club to find his long-term replacement.

Mido's power and ability in the air mark him out as a potential replacement for Shearer, and Robson is likely to have space in his squad for new faces if Tresor Lomana Lua Lua is sold to Portsmouth.

Pompey have the chance to sign Lua Lua and his sale could see Robson handed the green light to press home a move for a player he has admired for some time.

Wengerland
05-25-2004, 02:47 PM
I remember Mido being pretty good at Ajax but i don't think he'll cut it in the premiership.

In France Cisse pretty much plays alone up front and still scores a lot of goals just relying on often inaccurate passes and his pace and power.Liverpool create a lot of chances for their forwards so i think he'll do well.Wasn't really given a chance at the world cup.

Dazz
05-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Carlos is one big joke, he isn't even very good, I really cannot believe it, if it is true then you can understand exactly why Lampard is so pissed off. He gets £40,000 a week and is your best player, and we are close to signing someone who will "earn" £120,000 a week and he isn't even a main player. He plays down the left, he's hardly going to play a main role or be indispensable.

I swear we have some sort of deal with Real Madrid, where they give us players after their prime and we give them stupid amounts in return. £16.8 million for Makelele and £20 million for Carlos takes the fu</>cking piss.

Wengerland
05-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah,that's not gonna help England and Wayne Bridge.

RBF will be pleased.

Rob Ban Fan
05-25-2004, 03:21 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I still think Chelsea just want to sign "big names" rather than the right kind of players. I personally think Roberto Carlos would flop in England, like another Brazilian world cup winning defender in Roque Junior.

But yeah, unlucky Bridge</font><font face=verdana size=3 color="black"> you fucking ugly retarded scummer cunt.</font>

El Capitano Gatisto
05-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Roque Junior has always been terrible, though. Even when he played for Brazil, he was shit.

Danny Electric
05-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Roque Junior has always been terrible, though. Even when he played for Brazil, he was shit.

I agree, he may be a world cup winner but it was in a poor world cup and Brazil's defence has always been mediocre at best.

Rob
05-25-2004, 05:58 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I still think Chelsea just want to sign "big names" rather than the right kind of players. I personally think Roberto Carlos would flop in England, like another Brazilian world cup winning defender in Roque Junior.

But yeah, unlucky Bridge</font><font face=verdana size=3 color="black"> you fucking ugly retarded scummer cunt.</font>

There were also those great World Cup winners Branco and Kleberson.

Rob
05-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Frpm Football365.com

"Barcelona announced a major squad clear-out on Tuesday by revealing that Patrick Kluivert, Marc Overmars, Phillip Cocu, Michael Reiziger and Rustu Recber will leave the club this summer."

Any guesses if they'll end up here?

El Capitano Gatisto
05-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Kleberson is a good player.

Kluivert will probably go to Chelsea, since they seem to like signing rapists.

The Mask
05-25-2004, 07:10 PM
kluivert would probably end up at somewhere like newcastle or liverpool. i think he wants to play for arsenal but i dont see it happening.

Dazz
05-25-2004, 07:39 PM
[...]Chelsea, since they seem to like signing rapists.
:|

Is this also from your "source" at Rajah.

Cactus Sid
05-25-2004, 07:42 PM
I'd love to see Kluivert at Liverpool, but he would seriously have to justify paying him 70,000 grand a week.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-25-2004, 07:51 PM
He's on a free, so that could do it. Factor the lack of transfer fee into his wage.

Thing is, he has the ability to be one of the top strikers in the world. He's got the wrong attitude or something, but he's still only 26.

packt up
05-25-2004, 10:41 PM
I'd take Kluivert.

Hell we've got enough tossers in our team already lets throw another talented whiney bitch in there.

The Mask
05-26-2004, 02:58 AM
I would've took kluivert a few seasons back but he's made pretty clear he doesn't want to play for us.

Saying that, Alan Smith did too a couple of years back on soccer AM. :|

toxic rooster
05-26-2004, 03:19 AM
But a couple of years ago, Leeds were in some kind of Champions League semi :|

Cactus Sid
05-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Liverpool Echo reckon Benitez will be the new manager by next week

El Capitano Gatisto
05-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I would've took kluivert a few seasons back but he's made pretty clear he doesn't want to play for us.

Saying that, Alan Smith did too a couple of years back on soccer AM. :|

Don't think there is any danger of Kluivert going to United with Van Nistelrooy there, considering they hate each other.

Dutch team spirit.

Wengerland
05-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Pompey have signed Andy Griffin from Newcastle.

Despite Barcelona wanting to keep him,Edgar Davids has been linked with Tottenham.

packt up
05-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Griffin :wavesad:

He always was better than Aaron fucking Hughes :mad:

Tony Montana
05-26-2004, 11:58 AM
http://evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=3660

Tony Montana
05-26-2004, 11:59 AM
I don't want Paul Dickov, maybe Joe Cole on loan would be good but fuck Dickov off.

Wengerland
05-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah,that.

He's been linked with about 6 clubs though.:-\

Dazz
05-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Benetoz has said he is staying at Valencia

packt up
05-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Smith moves.

7mil.

The Mask
05-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Most of our signings from Leeds have turned out pretty good, so I'm hopeful. Bit iffy though ,after he said he'd never play for man utd, and him allegedly singing munich songs at a leeds christmas party.

He's going to have to win a lot of people over.

Cactus Sid
05-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Tomas Rosicky's been linked with Liverpool

Rob
05-26-2004, 02:21 PM
He's on a free, so that could do it. Factor the lack of transfer fee into his wage.

Thing is, he has the ability to be one of the top strikers in the world. He's got the wrong attitude or something, but he's still only 26.

Is he actually free? I thought they were all just made available for transfer.

Wengerland
05-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Tomas Rosicky's been linked with Liverpool

That would be a great signing.:y:

Rob
05-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Don't think there is any danger of Kluivert going to United with Van Nistelrooy there, considering they hate each other.

Dutch team spirit.

No they don't. Van Nistelrooy was touting Kluivert for a more to OT all last season and said he would love to play along side him for club and county. After the first Scotland game though, it was clear the partnership wasn't working and they stuck with RVN and it paid off.

Man United fans don't like Kluivert anyway.

Rob
05-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Most of our signings from Leeds have turned out pretty good, so I'm hopeful. Bit iffy though ,after he said he'd never play for man utd, and him allegedly singing munich songs at a leeds christmas party.

He's going to have to win a lot of people over.

Remember "allegedly".

Smith also waived his signing on fee with Leeds as a sign of good faith. No doubt they'll still turn on him though since they are a bunch of Yorkshire filthbags.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-26-2004, 02:43 PM
No they don't. Van Nistelrooy was touting Kluivert for a more to OT all last season and said he would love to play along side him for club and county. After the first Scotland game though, it was clear the partnership wasn't working and they stuck with RVN and it paid off.

Man United fans don't like Kluivert anyway.

I know this, but for whatever reason they don't like each other anymore.

Davids doesn't like Ruud either. Beefy put it best, the only thing the Dutch squad agrees on is that they all hate the coach.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Is he actually free? I thought they were all just made available for transfer.

He has been released/told to find a new club. No fee involved.

The Mask
05-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Remember "allegedly".

Smith also waived his signing on fee with Leeds as a sign of good faith. No doubt they'll still turn on him though since they are a bunch of Yorkshire filthbags.

I'm not fussed. I think Smith could be great for us, but I've been trawling through some Utd boards and it seems some won't be as welcoming.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-26-2004, 02:52 PM
They'll change their tune when he scores against Liverpool or someone.

If Rangers fans can get over Mo Johnston playing for them, Manchester United fans will get over this.

The Mask
05-26-2004, 02:56 PM
I don't doubt it. I'm not too fussed, cause our last two signings from Leeds have been pretty awesome, so I've got high hopes.

Rob
05-26-2004, 03:01 PM
He has been released/told to find a new club. No fee involved.

Can't believe that to be honest.

Most places I've read the story are talking about him using the £1 million get out price.

Rob
05-26-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm not fussed. I think Smith could be great for us, but I've been trawling through some Utd boards and it seems some won't be as welcoming.

Wonder if they'll change their minds when he sticks a few in the net.

Rob
05-26-2004, 03:03 PM
They'll change their tune when he scores against Liverpool or someone.

If Rangers fans can get over Mo Johnston playing for them, Manchester United fans will get over this.

Don't think Rangers fans cared too much to be honest. Celtic fans are still fuming over that though :lol:

Rob Ban Fan
05-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Griffin :wavesad:

He always was better than Aaron fucking Hughes :mad:

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">from what ive heard from Newcastle fans he's a good commited player and he'll be a good signing for us if we can keep him injury free. A bit like what the Liverpool fans said about Berger.

Hopefully he'll score in the 3rd minute and we'll beat you at Fratton Park too :shifty:</font>

Doink
05-26-2004, 05:46 PM
There were also those great World Cup winners Branco and Kleberson.

branco was good :rofl: ok who am i kiddin, all he ever did was shot from about 40 yards and never get it on target or near the goal and he was shit at tracking back!

ok todays boro news is kliuvert is in talks (coz that sounds believable) we want to keep zenden but we havent mentioned danny mills since he left.

keith lamb (our cheif executive who cost us 3 points and got us religated all those years ago) has gone on record saying that juninho isnt going anywhere as he is under contract!

but he then says if we were to get a daft offer for any player it would be listened too so people like mark wilson, lard arse ricketts and juninho are under contract and will be part of squad for the forseable future.

ok he didnt say lard arse but why put juninho in the same sentance as ricketts and wilson when everyone can see they dont have a future here! if you ask me coming from that nobhead juninho has just recieved the kiss of death and will be on his way which is a shame!

packt up
05-26-2004, 06:51 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">from what ive heard from Newcastle fans he's a good commited player and he'll be a good signing for us if we can keep him injury free. A bit like what the Liverpool fans said about Berger.

Hopefully he'll score in the 3rd minute and we'll beat you at Fratton Park too :shifty:</font>

Yeah very good signing in my opinion.

Put it this way I'd have prefered it if we'd kept him :(.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Can't believe that to be honest.

Most places I've read the story are talking about him using the £1 million get out price.

They did the same with Rivaldo, a couple of seasons back. Kluivert isn't worth it to Barca, the fans hate him.

They are taking a bigger hit on Overmars. £25 million to free in the space of a few seasons.

Wengerland
05-26-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't know if Rustu has even played a competitive game for them,and now he's off.Not sure if it's a free transfer or what.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Don't think Rangers fans cared too much to be honest. Celtic fans are still fuming over that though :lol:

Rangers fans refused to count Mark Hateley's goals for a while, I remember. He'd score to make it 1-0, and they'd still consider it 0-0. Maybe he is a better example.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I don't know if Rustu has even played a competitive game for them,and now he's off.Not sure if it's a free transfer or what.

They got Rustu on a Bosman in the first place. Victor Valdes is class anyway.

Confused
05-26-2004, 07:28 PM
They got Rustu on a Bosman in the first place. Victor Valdes is class anyway.

Yer, Rustu should have been an Arsenal player till he threw a wobbly when he was asked to undergo a medical on his back…

He is a decent goalkeeper though and I’m sure there’ll be quite a few decent sides in for him.

Wengerland
05-26-2004, 07:33 PM
I know Victor Valdes is the man.

Wengerland
05-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Update on the Larsson thing aswell,his agent said a move to Spain "looks very likely".

He's been in talks with Villarreal apparantely.

Ogen
05-27-2004, 08:02 AM
Tottenham director of football Frank Arnesen has confirmed that Carlos Queiroz is in talks over the vacant managerial position at White Hart Lane.

The Dutchman has been alerted by Queiroz's sacking at Real Madrid after a spectacular failure in his first year in charge of the Spanish aristocrats.

The Portuguese coach remains highly rated in England after doing a marvellous job at Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant and the unhappy experience at El Santiago Bernabeu will not deter any prospective suitors.

"We are, effectively, in negotiations with Carlos Queiroz for next season," Arnesen told O Jogo.

"I expect to have two Portuguese people in the team."

He is believed to be referring to Helder Postiga, the expensive striker who had a disappointing debut season in The Premiership, and hinted this week that he will leave if regular first team football is not forthcoming.

There are other options open to Spurs with Claudio Ranieri, Martin Jol, Martin O'Neill and Vicente del Bosque also towards the head of the betting to replace caretaker boss David Pleat.

However, Queiroz's name is now definitely in the frame and the former South Africa coach could be the man to take over the reins with the North Londoners.

--------------

Best they can hope for by a mile

Paranoid Rattlesnake
05-27-2004, 08:11 AM
I've got a feeling Quieroz is heading back to old trafford, Walter Smith has just left the assistant managers post and the only reason I can see why he has is that the club already has queiroz lined up to come back

Wengerland
05-27-2004, 08:17 AM
I think Quieroz would prefer to go back into a manager role,maybe not at Tottenham but that would be good for Spurs,although it looks as though he's failed at Madrid he's getting a bit of sympathy in Spain for more or less having to play the "galacticos" each game because of the lack of depth.When injuries and suspensions hit it was always going to be hard,plus there is no chance of them not getting fatigue playing in so many games.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
05-27-2004, 08:32 AM
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1137204,00.html

Tottenham director of football Frank Arnesen had seemed to confirm that Carlos Queiroz is in talks over the vacant managerial position at White Hart Lane, but has since denied talking to the Portuguese press.

The Dutchman has been alerted by Queiroz's sacking at Real Madrid after a spectacular failure in his first year in charge of the Spanish aristocrats.

The Portuguese coach remains highly rated in England after doing a marvellous job at Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant and the unhappy experience at El Santiago Bernabeu will not deter any prospective suitors.

"We are, effectively, in negotiations with Carlos Queiroz for next season," Arnesen was quoted as saying in O Jogo.

"I expect to have two Portuguese people in the team."

He was believed to be referring to Helder Postiga, the expensive striker who had a disappointing debut season in The Premiership, and hinted this week that he will leave if regular first team football is not forthcoming.

Yet Sky Sports News have reported that Arnesen has denied making the comments to the newspaper.

There are other options open to Spurs with Claudio Ranieri, Martin Jol, Martin O'Neill and Vicente del Bosque also towards the head of the betting to replace caretaker boss David Pleat.

However, Queiroz's name appears to also be in the frame and the former South Africa coach could yet be the man to take over the reins with the North Londoners.

Wengerland
05-27-2004, 09:40 AM
That's exactly the same thing Ogen posted.

The Mask
05-27-2004, 09:53 AM
goddamnit we should get carlos back.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
05-27-2004, 10:14 AM
That's exactly the same thing Ogen posted.

Would you like to apologise before or after you read it, it's an update from skysports

Wengerland
05-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Ok then,1 sentance is different.Couldn't you have just said skysports have said Arneson has denied making the comments,rather than posting more or less the same thing?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
05-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Ok then,1 sentance is different.Couldn't you have just said skysports have said Arneson has denied making the comments,rather than posting more or less the same thing?

Yeah probably should have as well :p

Rob
05-27-2004, 04:34 PM
I've got a feeling Quieroz is heading back to old trafford, Walter Smith has just left the assistant managers post and the only reason I can see why he has is that the club already has queiroz lined up to come back

Smith only had a deal until the end of the season and everyone knew it was a stop gap solution. Can't see Quieroz coming back if he gets offered big jobs but I'd welcome him back any day.

Wengerland
05-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Kluivert is supposed to be considering a move to Middlesborough.:o

Danny Electric
05-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Kluivert is supposed to be considering a move to Middlesborough.:o

Lol, no one told him yet what the weather is like up north.

packt up
05-28-2004, 01:57 PM

Ha yeah.

Fool.

He should sign for Newcastle instead :shifty:

Doink
05-29-2004, 05:26 AM

whats that ment to mean? being a boro fan if by any chance kluivert happens to read this thread i and the newcastle fan can assure him when it snows he wont have to play as the game will be called off because the slush gets really bad up here :shifty:

so anyway latest boro news is as above kluivert is 'in talks', in other words they are throwing a big name at us to try and sell more season tickets

Middlesbrough are reportedly mulling over a move for Arsenal attacker Sylvain Wiltord and a loan move for david bently

Reports in Wiltord's native France suggest Boro are weighing up the possibility of signing the 30-year-old on a free transfer during the summer

to me all seem unlikly to happen although i wouldnt mind bently as think he could do well from what ive seen of him.

Cactus Sid
05-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Owen Hargreaves said Liverpool are the club he'd like to join if he came to England

toxic rooster
05-29-2004, 07:39 AM
Hey is that true about the Boro fan who got his season ticket taken away because he fell asleep at the game?

Doink
05-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey is that true about the Boro fan who got his season ticket taken away because he fell asleep at the game?

its true its damn true

it makes me laugh the guy had worked nights and not been to bed had 1 pint just before the game and fell asleep in what can only be described as the most boring game ever played. they threw him out converscated his season ticket and banned him saying he was something like intoxicated while within a sporting arena.

they also banned willie maddron's wife from the player lounge as its for people connected with the club only...for f**k sake she was the wife of a legend in this town and they wouldnt let her in so she wont come back anymore. the club is f**ked up and i blame keith lamb the shit head

Doink
05-29-2004, 09:01 AM
boro came bottom of the fair play league how good is that!

Wengerland
05-29-2004, 09:24 AM
They better be getting fined for that,we're getting a fine which is fair enough but if we didn't finish bottom of the fair play league then thats,i dunno,just strange.

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 09:59 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">In the stats bit in the match day programs, Portsmouth were top of the fouls per game table. I just blame shit refereeing personally.

Djimi Traore is set to sign for West Brom :| </font>

toxic rooster
05-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Who should I be feeling sorry for?

PS Wrong thread, but Palace or West Ham?

deathtrap
05-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Villa possibly intrested in Savage whos in a mood as Heskey's higher paid than him

toxic rooster
05-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Well, I'm sure he'll be popular..

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 11:13 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Savage wont go to Villa. He's already said it would be "a sin".</font>

Dazz
05-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Palace are promoted, thats good, I am now ten pounds richer. Also Etherington deserved to be sent off.

packt up
05-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Ahahhah cool.

Funny that West Ham have to stay down there for another season.

Well done palace :y:

Dazz
05-29-2004, 01:07 PM
I dunno why the bookies had Palace at 2/1 to win, I always though they were going to do it.

El Capitano Gatisto
05-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Iain Dowie is the man for taking them from relegation candidates to the Premiership within 5 months. Did a pretty good job at Oldham too.

Who'd have thought a shite ugly bastard of a Northern Ireland striker would turn out to be such a good manager.

Dazz
05-29-2004, 01:15 PM
We'll see how good he is next season.

Oxstar
05-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Palace are in the Premier League and I'm going crazy, I love the Crystal Palace, Iain Dowie is fucking magic

Wengerland
05-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Good stuff.:y:

Divsion 1 will be pretty tough to get out of next year.:(

Oxstar
05-29-2004, 01:25 PM
E I E I E I O up the football league we go, if we win promotion this is what we will sing, we are Palace we are Palace of the premier league.

We are palace we are Palace of the premier league :lol:

Wengerland
05-29-2004, 01:27 PM
See last year we replaced the "if we win promotion" to "when..." :cool:

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 01:30 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">When we win promotion, this is what we'll sing, we are Portsmouth, we are Portsmouth, Harry is our king

Well done Palace. Simon Jordan is still a cunt though.</font>

Dazz
05-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey Rob, remember when you were losing 2-0 to Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park and Jordan tapped Milan on the shoulder at half time and said "we'll see how good Harry is now, wont we?" and in the second half you went on and won 3-2 and Milan tapped him on the shoulder and said "Harry did okay, didnt he?"

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 01:40 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah and all 3 goals were scored in like a 5 minute and they were all scored by defenders :cool:</font>

Oxstar
05-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Simon Jordan is a cunt, but I don't care.

We are palace we are Palace of the premier league

Rob
05-29-2004, 01:48 PM
West Ham should have had a stone wall penalty.

Poll is another petty ref. Misses blatant decisions but he'll book you for kicking the ball away everytime. It seemed like he had that yellow card in his hand for the last 25 minutes of the match.

Alan Pardew is so tactically naive that it's not funny. He should resign immediately. Palace will be rock bottom next season with the least amount of points any team in the Premiership has ever had.

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 01:53 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">im not gonna make any predictions until I see who everyone buys.

Last season everyone said we'd struggle but we managed to stay up because we bought well, we'd probably have done better if we hadn't had such shitty luck with all our squad getting sick/injured/dying at the same time.

So if they buy right, they could stay up.</font>

Dazz
05-29-2004, 01:58 PM
West Ham should have had a stone wall penalty.

Poll is another petty ref. Misses blatant decisions but he'll book you for kicking the ball away everytime. It seemed like he had that yellow card in his hand for the last 25 minutes of the match.

Alan Pardew is so tactically naive that it's not funny. He should resign immediately. Palace will be rock bottom next season with the least amount of points any team in the Premiership has ever had.

Yeah I never liked Poll, and booking Etherington and Routledge, when what Etherington did was clearly worse shows how inconsistand Poll is. Him and Halsey are the worse two refs in England.

Also, like RBF said, before making predictions its always good to see who teams sign.

Wengerland
05-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah,that did look like it was a penalty.

I said about Pardew being overrated,West Ham easily have the best squad in the division and playing Harewood out wide is very stupid.Also taking off all 3 forwards today was wrong,whether they'd done much or not i'd certainly rather have Deane knocking balls down for someone like Connolly than Hutchison.

Dazz
05-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Rio Coker played well though.

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 02:04 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">wish we'd signed Reo Coker and McAnuff when we had the chance. But Franchise's adminsitrators started pissing about and it collapsed. McAnuff would've been great cover for Stone.</font>

Rob
05-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah,that did look like it was a penalty.

I said about Pardew being overrated,West Ham easily have the best squad in the division and playing Harewood out wide is very stupid.Also taking off all 3 forwards today was wrong,whether they'd done much or not i'd certainly rather have Deane knocking balls down for someone like Connolly than Hutchison.

I disagree with that last thing. Pardew was nuts to sub two strikers for a midfielder and striker like Deane because it made them totally one dimensional at that point. Palace knew it would be long ball after long ball and they weren't troubled. They should have brought on Hutchison earlier and went for it at the point they were a goal down. Hutchison had a 1 in 2 average for Scotland at one point from midfield and he has quality (injuries too mind you). Put him up with Zamora, Connelly and Harewood (they probably could have sacrificed him for Reo Coker) and you have options and if you get the goal, he can easy drop back into midfield and you still have shape.

Oxstar
05-29-2004, 02:27 PM
When Pardew subbed Zamora,Harewood and Connelly I was thinking does he want Palace to win, cause that was the worse tactical decision i have seen since Claudio Ranieri in the champions league semi final and yes it should have been a penalty but Palace got lucky, the sort of luck you need to win play off games.

Wengerland
05-29-2004, 02:35 PM
I disagree with that last thing. Pardew was nuts to sub two strikers for a midfielder and striker like Deane because it made them totally one dimensional at that point. Palace knew it would be long ball after long ball and they weren't troubled. They should have brought on Hutchison earlier and went for it at the point they were a goal down. Hutchison had a 1 in 2 average for Scotland at one point from midfield and he has quality (injuries too mind you). Put him up with Zamora, Connelly and Harewood (they probably could have sacrificed him for Reo Coker) and you have options and if you get the goal, he can easy drop back into midfield and you still have shape.

Deane just wins most headers and was great for us last year.I'm not saying that they shouldn't have bought Hutchison on,just that maybe sacrifice a defender instead.I think if you're gonna put Deane on,then you'll need a fairly quick player alongside him,and although he can be good with his feet and in the air,Hutchison isn't that fast anymore.:$

Rob
05-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I see your point. Just would never have brought Deane on.

Oxstar
05-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm happy he came on, can't wait to see my beloved Palace in the premier league. Everybody knows we're coming back down but we got to try our best to stay up.

Doink
05-29-2004, 03:33 PM

prob only bought him on to give him a farewell to the fans.

i liked him when we had him but then again think he was past his best when we signed him, we should have signed him the season he scored the equaliser for leeds on last day of season to relegate us. since then he's not been as good.

padrew should have left it as it was, they just had two goals disalowed and were on top of them so what do you do, i know and think it went like this:

padrew: hey dowie i bet you a tenner i can throw this game
dowie : your on
padrew : ref sub im taking my strike force off
dowie : god damn you to hell padrew here have your f**kin tenner, ill tell you what ill make it £20 if you take that twat connelly off he's playing well
padrew : ref sub, david your off, don go on and dont touch the ball ok
hutchinson : ok gaffer
dowie : heres your other tenner

*dowie leaves smilng to him self as may have lost £20 but realises will get a good bous for making his boses £30 million*

*padrew looks like this :?: , o yeh :wave: bye dowie ill see you next season*

*dowie - :rofl: *

well i think it went something like that anyway

Cactus Sid
05-29-2004, 03:53 PM
It wasn't a penalty, the guy got the ball before the man

El Capitano Gatisto
05-29-2004, 03:56 PM
It wasn't a penalty, the guy got the ball before the man

No way.

Cactus Sid
05-29-2004, 04:12 PM
No way.

Just so I know, as I didn't watch the whole game, this is the Leigertwood tackle right? Because you can clearly see he gets the ball first.

Rob
05-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Dunno who made the challenge but Carrick went down on the inner edge of the box. No ball taken. Clearly chopped his ankle.

Oxstar
05-29-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm a Crystal Palace supporter and I think it should have been a penalty, Thank You Graham Poll

Cactus Sid
05-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I really must of been watching a different game, because I clearly saw Leigertwood touch the ball first

Rob
05-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Your TV must be broke or you need thicker milk bottle lenses mate :p

Mr. Monday Morning
05-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Good for Palace, Alan Pardew is an arrogant little cunt who thinks he's hot stuff for taking good teams other people have built and getting them into the playoffs (not just West Ham but Reading also). Yes he's bought a few players but the basis of West Ham's team was there before he got there, with that squad they should've won Div 1 by a country mile. Now they're going to have to sell at least Carrick and they'll struggle to make the playoffs next year by my reckoning.

Rob Ban Fan
05-29-2004, 10:03 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I agree 100% with that. With Defoe, Carrick, James, Repka, Conolly, Reo Coker and Harewood (okay, some of them arent premiership quality, but they're more than good enough for Div 1) they should've been challenging West Brom and Norwich.

Had Pardew stayed with Reading he would probably have done better than he did with West Ham, by leaving Reading he unsettled them and pretty much fucked up their season.

Oh well *blows premiership bubbles with Harry Redknapp, Hayden Foxe, Shaka Hislop and Svetoslav Todorov*</font>

toxic rooster
05-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Hayden Foxe :love:

Wengerland
05-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Just seen that penalty incident again,the defender did sort of brushed the ball but it wasn't clear contact with it,so it probably was a penalty.Palace defended well enough to have earnt the win though.

Dazz
05-30-2004, 09:33 AM
I dont think he did, and even if he did it was AFTER the contact with the player.

Ogen
05-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Lucio's joined Munich for 12 million turned Chelski down to stay in Germany

Wengerland
05-30-2004, 11:38 AM
I dont think he did, and even if he did it was AFTER the contact with the player.

Nah it was before,but he was going for the player anyway,he may claim to have been going for the ball but he slid in a different direction so still a penalty.

Doesn't really matter though.

The Mask
05-30-2004, 11:42 AM
We should've got lucio :'(

El Capitano Gatisto
05-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Kluivert has rejected Middlesbrough, surprisingly.

He wants to play in London, and not for a small club before Spurs get too excited.

In other words, he wants to play for Arsenal or Chelsea.

The Mask
05-30-2004, 11:48 AM
He always has. I don't know why he keeps harping on about it, Arsenal would've shown some interest in the past 5 or so seasons since we tried to sign him and he said he'd rather play for them.

That was comedy though, he turns us down, we win the treble :love:

Rob
05-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Just seen that penalty incident again,the defender did sort of brushed the ball but it wasn't clear contact with it,so it probably was a penalty.Palace defended well enough to have earnt the win though.

You kidding? He caught 100% pure ankle.

Wengerland
05-30-2004, 12:46 PM
You kidding? He caught 100% pure ankle.

Well whether the ball was played against him or not it certainly brushed against him but like i say he seemed more intent on playing the man,so still a penalty.

Just checking from Sid's stance.

Wengerland
05-30-2004, 12:48 PM
ITV teletext has its main story thing as Queiroz(sp?) heading back to Man United.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-30-2004, 01:15 PM
We should've got lucio :'(

I've read in more than one place you're signing Gabriel Heinze from PSG for £6m, Argentinian international, sounds similar to O'Shea in that he can play centre or left back.

The Mask
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
yeah i think it's pretty much a done deal now with heinze, he sounds pretty good, but i've never heard of him before now.

Cactus Sid
05-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Well whether the ball was played against him or not it certainly brushed against him but like i say he seemed more intent on playing the man,so still a penalty.

Just checking from Sid's stance.

He brushed the ball first, I'm fairly certain of that

Oxstar
05-30-2004, 04:09 PM
yeah i think it's pretty much a done deal now with heinze, he sounds pretty good, but i've never heard of him before now.
I never heard of him at all, never even seen him on cm as I can remember.

Rob
05-30-2004, 07:39 PM
I've read in more than one place you're signing Gabriel Heinze from PSG for £6m, Argentinian international, sounds similar to O'Shea in that he can play centre or left back.

I'd rather have this Heinze fella. He looks strong enough plus we don't need centre backs who try 80 year runs more than once every game.

Wengerland
05-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah i've seen Heinze play once,just looked like a solid defender.Mind you with Ferdinand back i'm not sure if he's really needed.

Mr. Monday Morning
05-31-2004, 07:15 AM
From what Ferguson was supposed to have said Heinze signing will put the emphasis on O'Shea to really step up and prove himself in one position as opposed to being more of a utility defender.

Rob Ban Fan
05-31-2004, 08:28 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">apparently Wolves are after Duberry. :o</font>

Oxstar
05-31-2004, 09:08 AM
I wonder who Crystal Palace are going to try and sign? I would like Palace to sign the sort of players Bolton have got but wages will always be a problem? It's always fun been a Palace supporter :y:

Rob Ban Fan
05-31-2004, 09:44 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I think the main thing you'll need is a good solid defence and a decent keeper. IMO it was letting in sloppy/late goals that cost Wolves and Leicester this season.

Also someone who'll get you a decent number of goals. And a fair bit of luck.</font>

Danny Electric
05-31-2004, 10:10 AM
I wonder who Crystal Palace are going to try and sign? I would like Palace to sign the sort of players Bolton have got but wages will always be a problem? It's always fun been a Palace supporter :y:

Liverpool should sell Biscan to you. :shifty:

Oxstar
05-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Liverpool should sell Biscan to you. :shifty:
I always thought Biscan was a good player, he would never join Palace after been at Liverpool and he probably wouldn't take a pay cut.

Oxstar
05-31-2004, 10:42 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I think the main thing you'll need is a good solid defence and a decent keeper. IMO it was letting in sloppy/late goals that cost Wolves and Leicester this season.

Also someone who'll get you a decent number of goals. And a fair bit of luck.</font>
Yeah another central defender would be good. Has anyone seen how crap Neil Shipperly is? I know he scored the goal that took us up but he's shit and the way he plays really pisses me off, anyone know a good striker Palace could sign? Cause the only player that comes to mind is Clinton Morrison.