Dazz
03-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Your tenners a goner. :wavesad:

toxic rooster
03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
:'(:wavesad::'(

toxic rooster
03-16-2004, 07:56 PM
The Hillsborough anniversary must be coming up soon.

What date is it?

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 07:03 AM
If we don't win tonight then I think Houllier has to think about going, losing three times to a team in the relegation zone is not good.

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 08:47 AM
The Hillsborough anniversary must be coming up soon.

What date is it?

If I remember correctly its April 20th but I could be very wrong

Also, Liverpool are the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked right now

I saw the game on the tv in the US, and my word, Michael Owen is shi</>te, now does everyone believe me?

Houllier wont go because he's a stubborn bastard who doesn't know whats good for him or the club, everyone was saying the pressure was off after we beat Levski, but that just masked the fact that we were still drawing games we should have won, and losing games we should have at least drawn, its gotten to a very depressing point, and Liverpool are merely a shell of what they were, 8th in the Premiership? Thats a fuc</>king joke.

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Sorry, twas 15th

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 08:54 AM
If I remember correctly its April 20th but I could be very wrong

Also, Liverpool are the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked right now

I saw the game on the tv in the US, and my word, Michael Owen is shi</>te, now does everyone believe me?

Houllier wont go because he's a stubborn bastard who doesn't know whats good for him or the club, everyone was saying the pressure was off after we beat Levski, but that just masked the fact that we were still drawing games we should have won, and losing games we should have at least drawn, its gotten to a very depressing point, and Liverpool are merely a shell of what they were, 8th in the Premiership? Thats a fuc</>king joke.

If we win tonight we go fourth but IF we win.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-17-2004, 10:22 AM
No way will Liverpool win the UEFA Cup. No way.

If they finish 4th I'll be shocked. At this point I'd back Charlton because Liverpool and Newcastle are being way too inconsistent.

Surely that combined with the virtual season-long pressure from the supporters will be enough to cause Houllier to either go or be sacked.

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 10:33 AM
No way will Liverpool win the UEFA Cup. No way.

If they finish 4th I'll be shocked. At this point I'd back Charlton because Liverpool and Newcastle are being way too inconsistent.

Surely that combined with the virtual season-long pressure from the supporters will be enough to cause Houllier to either go or be sacked.

If I was him I would go now instead of being sacked and still haev some dignity.

Wengerland
03-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Dock Leicester points :'(

Stop saying that.:foc:

I don't mean to be insulting but Wolves and Pompey shouldn't mind if they go down as much as Leicester fans for example.This being because this is both of their teams first premiership season and if i was a fan of either of those teams then just being in the premiership would be great,quite a lot of sides have came up before being relegated and then promoted again to do even better,for example Charlton,Bolton,Sunderland(before last year) and Leicester.

It would really be a backward step for Leicester to go back down,but then again O'Neill's success here may have set the expectation level too high. :-\

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 10:45 AM
If I was him I would go now instead of being sacked and still haev some dignity.

Exactly, I'd rather resign than be sacked

Wengerland
03-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Also the Rio Ferdinand appeal is tomorrow,hopefully the F.A see sense and reduce the ban.

I'm not saying that because i want him at Euro 2004 as John Terry is a more than able replacement,just that if Titov gets 1 year for failing and Ferdinand 8 months yet he hasn't proved to have failed the test,it seems wrong.

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 10:51 AM
If we win tonight we go fourth but IF we win.

Its besides the point, if we win we go 4th, great, but how long will we stay there for? Why the hell are we 8th anyway? Now, Newcastle I can take being ahead of us, but Villa, Charlton and Birmingham? That's complete bollocks in my opinion (also having just checked we can only go 5th and to do that we have to win by 2 clear goals) things have gotta be changed

Also, what does everyone think about this Hitzfeld to Chelsea stuff, if its true then, Abramovich or Kenyon, whichever one is calling the shots, is an asshole.

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Its besides the point, if we win we go 4th, great, but how long will we stay there for? Why the hell are we 8th anyway? Now, Newcastle I can take being ahead of us, but Villa, Charlton and Birmingham? That's complete bollocks in my opinion (also having just checked we can only go 5th and to do that we have to win by 2 clear goals) things have gotta be changed

Also, what does everyone think about this Hitzfeld to Chelsea stuff, if its true then, Abramovich or Kenyon, whichever one is calling the shots, is an asshole.
I feel sorry for Ranieri. I know what you mean about Liverpool, it is bollocks, two seasons ago we were second and now this.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Stop saying that.:foc:

I don't mean to be insulting but Wolves and Pompey shouldn't mind if they go down as much as Leicester fans for example.This being because this is both of their teams first premiership season and if i was a fan of either of those teams then just being in the premiership would be great,quite a lot of sides have came up before being relegated and then promoted again to do even better,for example Charlton,Bolton,Sunderland(before last year) and Leicester.

It would really be a backward step for Leicester to go back down,but then again O'Neill's success here may have set the expectation level too high. :-\

Bollocks to that, look at what Birmingham have done. We should expect to stay up otherwise what's the point of being promoted?

Rob Ban Fan
03-17-2004, 10:57 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">the odds werent that bad on Charlton finishing 4th last time i looked, if they're still that good i might put something on it.

Liverpool will win tonight we've beaten them twice and drawn with them once this season, we're yet to win away so i think our luck will just about run out this time. </font>

Mr. Monday Morning
03-17-2004, 10:58 AM

It wouldn't totally surprise me but afaik Hitzfeld has said before he won't leave Bayern *shrug*

I don't really think he's that great of a coach anyway.

Rob Ban Fan
03-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Bollocks to that, look at what Birmingham have done. We should expect to stay up otherwise what's the point of being promoted?

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I dunno about expecting to stay up, we should want to stay up i spose but the 3 promoted teams are always gonna be the favourites to go down. To be honest, I dont think we deserve to go down considering we've had some aweful luck and played some great football, but like ive said, if we do go down, i honestly wouldn't be TOO disapointed :o</font>

Mr. Monday Morning
03-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Ok maybe expecting is too strong a word but if we just come up and don't even give ourselves a chance with 10 games left what's the point? And like I said, look at what Birmingham have done, at one point last season it looked like they would be relegated, now they're pushing for Europe.

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 11:31 AM
It wouldn't totally surprise me but afaik Hitzfeld has said before he won't leave Bayern *shrug*

I don't really think he's that great of a coach anyway.

I just think its shi</>te that they've just said "Fu</>ck You" to Ranieri

Also, I hope Ferdinand's appeal keeps the verdict as it is. It would be harsh to increase the punishment as a retalitation to an appeal, but a reduction would show weakness in the FA and a weak stance on drugs, whether you've failed a test or refused to take one, its besides the point.

packt up
03-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah I really like Ranieri - he's a great bloke and has been put under fantastic pressure in extraordinary circumstances. I'm hoping he gets at least one more season to prove himself but I fear not.

Also the FA shouldn't even think of lowering Ferdinand's ban. I've said this loads of times but i'll just say it once more - a missed test is a failed test.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-17-2004, 02:09 PM

I and the majority of Chelsea fans (far as I can tell) would agree with you.

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 03:05 PM
They should sack Houllier before the games started, he's starting Biscan instead of Henchoz.

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 03:07 PM
I know this is the Premiership thread but Coventry are 3 up against Preston within 11 minutes.
Lol.

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 03:14 PM
1-0 Didi Hamman :)

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 03:41 PM
I wish I had Sky.
2 - 0.

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 04:29 PM
This is more like Owen
3-0

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 04:42 PM
About bloody time, shame it masks the fact that Houllier is sh</>ite

Danny Electric
03-17-2004, 04:43 PM
About bloody time, shame it masks the fact that Houllier is sh</>ite

Exactly, no one in a sane state of mind would start the game with Biscan.

toxic rooster
03-17-2004, 05:06 PM

That's really shit that they're gonna go headhunting after one season under Abramovich. I know the pressure from the fans is huge, considering they basically tried to buy the title. But look at Arsenal, over the last 3-4 years, they've tinkered with the squad here, made a purchase there, and now seem unstoppable. It takes time.

Besides, where did Chelsea finish last year? 4th.

Where will they finish this year? 2nd.

How far have they gone in the Champions League this season? At least to the QF stage

How far did they go last year? What's that? They weren't even there?

Chelsea were out of the CL for how many years? 3-4? They've come straight back in and found the formula for winning on the continent, pretty much instantly. Arsene Wenger has taken at least 3-4 years to get it right for Arsenal.

They should take a long hard look at themselves if they're seriously contemplating sacking Ranieri.

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Kind I just say, its good that Owen proved me wrong, but to me the real test is doing it again regularly

packt up
03-17-2004, 07:23 PM
They should sack Houllier before the games started, he's starting Biscan instead of Henchoz.

OMG yes - Biscan is terrible. The other people on my floor at Uni tear their hair out whenever he plays.

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 07:24 PM
OMG yes - Biscan is terrible. The other people on my floor at Uni tear their hair out whenever he plays.

Having seen the teamsheet I was actually happy that they played Carragher at Right Back, and Riise at Left, ok, Biscan is sh</>ite, but if he has to play I would rather it was at centre back, than right back

packt up
03-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah but what the hell is with shifting Henchoz to make way for Biscan?!?!

Henchoz Hyypia were class a few seasons ago. Biscan has sucked dick the entire time. I agree though that Caragher is better at right back and I've always been a Riise fan. Great going forward and just as good defensively as Traore (who is also shit). Sure his defensive play sucks sometimes but its passable.

Riise - Hyypia - Henchoz - Carragher.

Thats what I would go for anyway.

Cactus Sid
03-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Which is the same 4 every Liverpool fan would go for

packt up
03-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Ha...maybe Houllier doesn't like liverpool :(.

Dazz
03-17-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't care which of those two dickheads, Kenyon and Abramovich, approached Hitzfield, they are boith trying to **** up the club.

I don't agree with alot of Ranieri's tactics, or signings, but I think that the best thing to do is to back him, and then see what transfers he makes in the summer, see where we are at Christmas time, and then make a decision.

If worst comes to worst we will come 3rd in the league, and quarter finals of the Champions League, I would have no problem with that. If we manage to come 4th in the league, then I still think Ranieri should be backed until Christmas.

But Kenyon and Abramovich are both dodgy cunts, and neither give a fu</>ck about the rules for transfers, talking to players, or even the current set of staff.

Batesy and Hutchinson was a MUCH better partnership, the only thing Hutchinson ever did wrong was made a shit transfer behind Vialli's back. I have said this before, and I will say it again, the only advantage to Batesy not being there, is that Hoddle or Guillit MAY come back, but I doubt Kenyon and Abramovich want them.

Frank Grimes Jnr
03-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Riise - Hyypia - Henchoz - Carragher.

Thats what I would go for anyway.

You're forgeting Steve Finnan. He would be first choice in my Liverpool defence anyday.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 05:01 AM
He's done fu</>ck all for us, and always looks a liability

Wengerland
03-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Hamann's goal was pretty good.

Owen needs to be more consistent scoring,like Sid said,atm he misses too many chances imo.

On a side note Real Madrid lost in the Spanish Cup final 3-2 to Zaragoza a.e.t,great match though.

Wengerland
03-18-2004, 07:48 AM

I know what you mean but i'm not saying you should give up trying or anything(though that would help :shifty: ).

Sad thing is imo is that any team who goes down this year will be better than any current division 1 side looking to go up,unless those who do buy well in the summer.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-18-2004, 08:07 AM
Appears as if Frank Sinclair is been booted out of leicester at the end of his contract

The Mackem
03-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Is he not allowed to reurn to the city to visit friends?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Is he not allowed to reurn to the city to visit friends?
He has no friends

Mr. Monday Morning
03-18-2004, 09:52 AM
I know what you mean but i'm not saying you should give up trying or anything(though that would help :shifty: ).

Sad thing is imo is that any team who goes down this year will be better than any current division 1 side looking to go up,unless those who do buy well in the summer.

Unless I'm very much mistaken Leicester Wolves *and* Pompey all have a lot of players who's contracts expire at the end of this season...whoever goes down is going to have a lot of rebuilding to do regardless.

packt up
03-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Ferdinand's ban got upheld :y:

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Ferdinand's ban got upheld :y:

I'm glad that was the outcome, if it had gone either way it would have been either be a little harsh or would make a mockery of the drugs testing precedures, well done to the FA for standing firm.

Rob
03-18-2004, 02:29 PM
He should have got the ban cut. 8 months for missing a test is absurd. Guys who are failing tests are getting shorter bans.

I thought they would let him come back for the last two weeks of the season and then have him ready for Euro 2004 since that's when it would actually benefit them.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Its not about what would benefit the FA, its about laying down the law, a missed test is a failed test, thats is how these things work.

Rob
03-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Ok so how did that Man City player not get the same ban Rio did?

Why do players who fail tests get shorter bans?

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Could you please show me the details of the City players case so I can make a decision on it, also from what I'm aware that was before Palios decided to change the FA's stance on drugs.

In this country, I don't recall someone who failed the test getting a shorter ban.

What I don't understand is why all the United fans are so sh</>itty about this, the guy missed a drugs test, this is against the rules laid down by the FA. Your football club is just as much to blame for actually letting the player leave, and not keeping him at the club to do something that other players did, why didn't he take the test? Why did he go and consult an external doctor? If he had nothing to hide, he would have done the test there and then, "forgetting" to take a test is bullsh</>it, and hey, if the Man City player did exactly the same thing, then yeah he should have got a ban, but I'm not 100% aware of the details of the case, so I can't comment on it, regardless, this doesn't have to be a precedent, precedents are changed, and I would expect anyone in the future to recieve the same treatment as Ferdinand relating to whatever they have done. Ferdinand broke the rules, and he has been deservedly punished for it. That's the way it is.

Rob
03-18-2004, 05:08 PM
It's got nothing to do with me being a Man United fan. I have said it before and I'll say it again, Rio Ferdinand deserved a ban but not 8 months. The Man City player (don't have the details but they are probably on this board somewhere) failed to take a test 2 weeks before Rio and he got a fine. And just because Palios showed up, that doesn't give me the right to change the rules to suit. If there was no previous incident then maybe we could accept the 8 months but when someone got away scot free 2 weeks before, sorry but that's undefendable. Doesn't matter about the details of the case because a missed test is a missed test. And he didn't go to the measures Rio did to take the test either (only to be refused I might add).

toxic rooster
03-18-2004, 05:13 PM
If he had nothing to hide, he would have done the test there and then, "forgetting" to take a test is bullsh</>it, and hey, if the Man City player did exactly the same thing, then yeah he should have got a ban, but I'm not 100% aware of the details of the case, so I can't comment on it, regardless, this doesn't have to be a precedent, precedents are changed, and I would expect anyone in the future to recieve the same treatment as Ferdinand relating to whatever they have done.

:eek: HOLY RUN-ON SENTENCE

The Man City player was Christian Nedouai, French I believe, but regardless spoke very little English. He missed a drugs test to pick up his grandma at the airport (so the story goes) and was fined 2000 pounds.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah, got a bit...carried away with the writing.

Did he ever take the drugs test?

While I still see no excuse in that, if he spoke little English, then perhaps there is a reason, however if that was the case, City should have made provisions to ensure that everything was communicated to him, and that he took the test.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 05:58 PM
To be fair Rob, and be honest here, because the only answer you can really give is yes, you are only defending the issue because he's a Manchester United player. If he played for Liverpool you wouldn't give a sh</>it, and you wouldn't defend him, and you know that's true. Conversly, I admit that I am pushing the issue because Ferdinand plays for United, but I still see the fact that he deserved what he got.

I'm gonna really look into this Negouai thing, because I think its an important issue, however what you are essentially saying is that the whole thing is a deliberate attempt at holding United down? Is this what you think?

Hell, even if they were trying to clamp down on United, can you blame them? Again, I would like to see the details of the Negouai incident, but at the same time, United basically shot themselves in the foot, because they let the player leave when he had a drugs test to take. Now, basically, Ferdinand turned off his mobile phone, when he turned it on, he didn't take the calls, he visited an external doctor, then switched his phone back on, at which the point the FA had already left. This is what I believe happened. I would like to see the reasons Negouai didn't take the test, if he did just go and pick his Grandma up, while it being complete sh</>ite, it doesn't hold the same deal that Ferdinand did. How can you explain walking away from the scene where you and your team mates have been told to take a drugs test? How can you explain that after your fellow team mates took the test, you did not, and furthermore, after being told by your team mates you had to take a test, why did you not take it? Why did Ferdinand then leave the premises, and travel to an external doctor? Why did Ferdinand not immediatly return to the premises to attempt to take the drugs test? You see, even if Ferdinand did want to take the test, the very fact that what happened above is seriously incriminating. No excuses, and I feel that such deliberate flouting of the rules deserve the ban he recieved. I want to see the verdict of the Negouai case, and the reason why he was fined and not suspended, if the FA have given a clear reason why each verdict has been given, then I can decide whether or not the incidents are identical or not.

A missed test is indeed a missed test, and maybe the FA have some explaining to do about each incident and why they gave what they gave, but as far as I'm concerned, Rio Ferdinand deserved an 8 month ban, because he refused to take a drugs test.

Maybe it shouldn't be Ferdinand who gets the punishment, maybe it should be United or in the Negouai case, City, because they should be the ones ensuring that the players take the test, but at the end of the day, fining a club isn't going to doing anything, but suspending or fining a player is.

I'll come back into this thread tomorrow once I found some details of the Negouai case.

Rob
03-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Okay I've said a half dozen times it's not because he is a Man U player and he should have the same punishment as people with similar record (Negouai being a perfect example) but yeah you're right, it's only because he is a Man U player I'm defending him. :roll:

Didn't even bother reading whatever else you wrote because you didn't care for my word so I won't bother with yours.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Okay I've said a half dozen times it's not because he is a Man U player and he should have the same punishment as people with similar record (Negouai being a perfect example) but yeah you're right, it's only because he is a Man U player I'm defending him. :roll:

Didn't even bother reading whatever else you wrote because you didn't care for my word so I won't bother with yours.

Your just lying to yourself really, if it was someone like say, David Dunn (an example I thought of as he's probably the kind of player who has no attachments to anybody else, and he's English) you probably wouldn't be arguing the case.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Ok, if anyone is interested, this below is basically the facts I have found about Negouai, the Rio case, the other cases and my overall take on it all, if you wanna read it, please do, and comment if you like, this is not me talking as a Liverpool fan who is glad that United got what was coming to them, this is a researched piece of writing, that I took a couple of hours over, looking at sources and then reporting back what I have found. In fact, I probably could add more to it, but I won't. So here it is.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Ok, having looked into the cases, these are the facts as far as I am aware, these are as accurate as reported, as they have come from different sources and all appear to have been verified by one another, I have as a result changed some of my opinions, and confess that some of the things I have said have not been 100% accurate or indeed 100% relevant to the point, but I still believe the ban is fair.

THE NEGOUAI CASE

The Negouai case, IS different to the Rio Ferdinand case, whether you like it or not.Now, I'm sure some will argue the toss about what I am about to say, but this is an F.A take on the issue, Rio Ferdinand failed to take an UNANNOUNCED test, while Negouai failed to take an ANNOUNCED test. This is different. The concept behind both tests is clearly the same, however the major factor is that an Unannounced test is designed to catch players out, refusal to take such a test is, in the eyes of all sporting bodies around the world, a failure of the test.

Ferdinand LEFT the scene of a drugs test, while Negouai didn't arrive on time. Negouai had to travel to the test, and he missed the test apparently because he was stuck in traffic, after picking his mother up from the airport. He didn't speak good English and was supposedly confused by the situation. The main point here is that the F.A ACCEPTED that this was the case, and due to this reasoning, he recieved a fine of £2000 and was warned about his future conduct. Just so people know, Negouai now has to take drugs tests every 2-3 months, as a means of ensuring that he is indeed clean, if it becomes apparent that he has actually taken some sort of substance, then it is likely that he will be banned for the maximum time of 2 years, and will be fined heavily. It should also be mentioned that Negouai DID attempt to take the test, as Manchester City tried to organise it for him, however the testers left the scene.

THE DRUGS TESTERS

This is where I see a problem, and where I feel that the F.A should sort the whole deal out. The testers should stay at the scene for as long as they can.

The argument could be, however, that if a player fails to appear, why should they wait? Especially when you consider that in the case of Negouai, they had already told him days before that the test was going ahead, and in the case of Ferdinand he was told countless times to take the test, and both failed to do so. Why should they be forced to wait for them, when it is the duty of the club and the player to comply with the rules of the game. Ferdinand left while the drugs testers were there, Negouai didn't arrive until they had gone, these are differing circumstances as Ferdinand knew they were there, while Negouai could only assume that they would be there. Either way, you have too look at it from 2 perspectives, should they have waited? Or should the players have done what they were contractually obligated to do.

FERDINAND'S DEFENCE

Rio Ferdinand does not have a defence. Its that simple. Nothing can justify the fact that he left the premises when he was supposed to take the test. What is Rio's excuse? "I forgot to take test". What did he do instead? He went shopping. Bringing this back to the so called "precedent" of Negouai, who, if the argument is about forgetting the test, forgot the time of the test, which I feel is different, Ferdinand left the premises, when he could have taken the test, Negouai could not leave the premises, cos he was never there.

WHAT HAPPENED PRIOR TO, AND AFTER, FERDINAND LEAVING THE PREMISES?

Prior to Ferdinand leaving the premises, it has been made known that Ferdinand was told at least twice that he had to attend the drugs test. A player was even sent to tell Rio while he was changing that he had to take the test. Despite this, Rio did not, even though 3 other players did. Manchester United attempted to contact the player after he left the ground, but Rio either did not have his phone switched on, or did not answer it. When he did eventually do this, it was too late, as the testers were gone, or were in the process of leaving. See above for my views on this.

DID RIO VISIT A DOCTOR?

The jury is out on whether Rio Ferdinand visited his doctor, however, his phone records state that he did indeed get in contact with him. The question is, why did he phone him? There are 2 trails of thought. The first is that Rio phoned the doctor to find out whether or not the treatment he had been recieving for a kidney infection would provide a negative effect on a drugs test, The other is that Rio panicked, in the knowledge he had taken some substance, be it performance enhancing or recreational, and that he needed to clear with the doctor that he would be ok.

It would be wrong to think the second without proof, however, with the 1st case, why did Rio not speak to the Manchester United club doctor about it? Why did he have to leave the premises to find out this information? What is the reasoning behind this?

THE REACTION TO THE INCIDENT

The F.A for the record, did not want this to come out into the open. They told Ferdinand on the 3rd of October that he had failed to take the original test, and that action was going to be taken. He is told that the case would be heard on the 13th of October. Behind the scenes both United and the F.A start negotiations to sort the matter out, the F.A offered to move the hearing forward, but Ferdinand REJECTED this, which left the F.A with no choice but to tell Eriksson he wouldn't be available. Ferdinand was charged with the following "the failure or refusal by a player to submit to drug testing as required by a competent official".

PALIOS AND HIS ROLE

Mark Palios was named the new "Guy At The Top" of the F.A, after the Negouai case. In a statement when he first got the role, he made a point of saying that the F.A were going to introduce a tougher stance on drugs. This, may I add, was partially under the pressure of Sepp Blatter, who was campaigning for stronger penalties on drugs issues in football. With the Ferdinand incident being the first case of a drugs test "failed or refused" since Palios took over, it was likely that he was going to be made an example of. One point is, however, that Mark Palios DID NOT make the decision on whether or not Rio Ferdinand got an 8 month ban, it was discussed by a panel of 3 experts representing different areas of expertise, who having reviewed the evidence, gave what they felt was a justified position. They were perhaps advised by Palios that a ban was neccessary in this case, but Palios would not have the power to ensure a ban was upheld

THE BAN LENGTH AND THE RELATION TO THE NEGOUAI INCIDENT AND THE OTHER DRUGS TESTS

8 Months vs £2000 vs 6 Months, this is the general argument from those who oppose the ban. Firstly, the Negouai case. Negouai, was fined, because this is what a panel felt was a satisfactory punishment. The basis was that Negouai had tried to attend the test, but due to his lack of understanding of English he had failed to arrive at the time that was designated. They agreed that Negouai did not forget to take the test, and had made the effort to do so, further added to this was the fact that as it was an announced test, he had not deliberately copped out and left, and that a fine and a warning over his future conduct was sufficient. Negouai will of course be under severe checks for the remainder of his career. The Davids and Stam cases have come under a severe backlash from many sources, and rightly so, the bans for these players SHOULD have been longer, but the Italian FA failed to deal with it in a satisfactory manner. Both players did serve suspensions, and quite rightly, but the bans should have been longer. The argument continues to go on, as why were these players not banned for 2 years? This includes Ferdinand. If the FA and FIFA had continuity they would agree that a set period should be agreed for whatever they feel is necessary, the appeal process is available for those to argue the case, and evidence is heard to determine the outcome of any case. In Ferdinand's example, they found that the player had not given a satisfactory reasoning behind the reason for missing the test, and banned him for what they deemed to be a fair amount of time.

MY TAKE ON IT

Personal feelings aside, I'm not going to say I'm loving the fact he is banned, because I think it's fantastic that the F.A finally stood up to Man U, and are finally clamping down on drugs in the sport, but I'll look at it from a neutral perspective

Firstly, you have to look at the Negouai case vs the Rio case, as much as it may be argued the 2 are different cases which include the same basic happening. A missed test, and then a negative follow up test. In the case of both, they attempted to sort out the test, however, they do differ. Rio left the premises where the drugs test was supposed to be held, while Negouai did not arrive on time. Both eventually turned up. The fact remains however, that Rio Ferdinand, despite being told to both return earlier and not leave at all, failed to do so until the Unannounced testers had left. Negouai missed the planned test in a relatively similar timespan to Ferdinand.

Why do these differ? Its simple. Both spoke to a panel at the F.A, where a decision was made. Negouai is not a precedent for the case, because in his example the F.A accepted his reasoning behind missing the test, and punished him accordingly. In Ferdinand's case, they rejected his reasonings, because they felt that simply "forgetting" to take a drugs test is not a reason for doing so. Hence, in Ferdinand's case he was given a ban relating to the severity of what he had done, while Negouai was fined and warned that his future conduct would be monitored.

The F.A, should have done more to ensure both men took the test on the days, however, they cannot be at fault for leaving the premises, as it was the duty of both the players and their clubs to ensure that they took the tests. As a result, this cannot be seen as a legitimate excuse.

I agree with the F.A stance on rejecting Ferdinand's argument, not "because I'm a Liverpool fan" but because Ferdinand clearly broke F.A regulations, and carried on regardless. His "forgetfulness" is certainly not an excuse, as he was reminded constantly, and unless he suffers from ADD or some other mental problem, he should have taken the test at the time. Furthermore, his phone was switched on, and he did not answer it, and despite his apparent attempts at contacting the F.A, this did not stop him from going shopping. These are the facts, and surely no one can argue that Ferdinand did not deserve to be punished, although I must say, no one has disagreed, but they have disagreed on the length of the ban.

My take on the length of the ban is simple. I believe that Ferdinand should have recieved a 2 year ban from football, but feel that 8 months is fair taking into account other factors. I also believe that anyone who doesn't comply with the rules and regulations in regards to drugs tests, be it missing them or taking them, should have their case held, like Ferdinand's was, and a decision made.

It is here where things needed to be shaken up to make things clearer.

Ferdinand recieving an 8 month ban doesn't make sense, because 8 months appears to be a fairly random number, however, it is fair if you take into account the circumstances. Had this been athletics, he would have recieved a 2 year ban. In the case, Rio's only defence is that he did try and take the test later in the day, and to me, that is the only thing that prevented this from being a years ban, in the eyes of the F.A.

My belief now about the Negouai case is simple, it is not a precedent, because of the 2 differing stances on the hearing. If Rio had an excuse other than "I forgot" it is possible that the ban would have been more lenient. The case presented by Manchester United was that the "precedent" of the Negouai trial is what Rio should be sentenced by, they did not argue in a positive manner about Ferdinand, and this simply gives the F.A no choice but to slap a ban on him.

The question I do pose is indeed what many have said, and that is, why does Ferdinand get 8 months for failing to take a test, and Davids and Stam get less for testing positive. To me, Negouai is a non-factor, Davids/Stam is. The only answer I can give to that is that the F.A decided to take a different stance on the issue than the Italian F.A. I have read that in the case of Italy, the problem of designer drugs like THG is that they suddenly sprung up really quickly, and a lot of people got caught out. In the last few years there have been MANY cases of players testing positive for drugs in the Italian game (Kallon of Inter and Gaddafi's son to name a couple) and the Italian F.A has felt that too long a ban would have a negative effect on football in the country. This is only what I can suggest, but clearly, the Italian F.A is not taking a tough stance on the issue, this is nothing to do with the F.A in the UK, Italy does not set precedents for our footballing body.

So an argument then, Bosnich recieved a 9 month ban for testing positive for Cocaine, why is Rio's ban almost as long as this? I can only suggest that as Cocaine is not neccessarily a performance enhancing drug, but is instead regarded as a recreational drug, then they have decided 9 months is sufficient, it is difficult to comment on such a case, because you'd need to know the statements of the hearing. Which I have just found.

Seemingly, it was a case of again, the panel deciding whether to believe his story or not, and they didn't. It was that simple.

Cactus Sid
03-18-2004, 09:24 PM
VERDICT

Having looked at the evidence, my only real problem is with the fact that 8 months seems like such a random number. I think 6 months would have been a sufficient ban, but I also feel that perhaps the F.A should have gone the whole way and banned him for 2 years. The Negouai case is a non-factor, because, as I have said, the panel accepted his excuse, while they rejected Ferdinand's. I do feel perhaps Negouai should have been punished further, but the fact that he now has to face regular drugs tests for the next 2 years should prove his innocence. Ferdinand, is probably innocent of taking drugs, but his whole case was built on someone else's mistake, not his own, his excuse is not acceptable, and he has faced the penalty for it. I must add that the next time something like this comes up is crucial to everything I have written here. If someone does a similar thing to Ferdinand, i.e Missing an Unannounced drugs test for seemingly no reason, and ends up recieving a fine, or a ban of say 3 months, then I will put my hands up and agree with the Rob Harvey's of this world who think it is harsh. I think this is the precedent that is being set down for this type of case, and that future cases will be dealt with on this basis. I also think that if a player tests positive in the English game for a banned performance enhancing drug, and did actually take it (i.e like Dwain Chambers and not Greg Rusedski) then they should be banned to the full extent of the law, i.e 2 years. If the Italian F.A want to do what they are doing, that's for the Italian F.A to sort out, not us. FIFA and UEFA need to step in and sort these things out, but as it is, I feel that Rio's ban is fair for what he has done.

Dazz
03-19-2004, 05:54 AM
:lol:

Its not suprising, United officials told two different stories about what happened.

Oh well, United were never going to get anywhere in the league anyway.

packt up
03-19-2004, 10:07 AM
I think Man U should take responsibility for the length of the ban. The difference between the Negouai case and the Rio case is that Man U DIDN'T ACCEPT THEY WERE WRONG.

Hence when they decided the fight the FA and try to get Rio cleared the consequences was that when he was (obviously) going to be harsher. Many people have said that if Man U had pleaded guilty then the ban would have been 3 months max.

This is the problem with people saying its the FA's fault - its actually Man U. How the **** they can plead not guilty to failing the test - WHEN THE GUY DIDN't ****ing turn up is insane. If the guy doesn't turn up its a fail.

If Man U had accepted they had done something wrong in the first place and not fought an unwinnable battle they wouldn't be in this position.

Cactus Sid
03-19-2004, 10:26 AM
^ Agreed

packt up
03-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Leeds future secured as they get taken over.

Always hoped they wouldn't go out of business.

Now I just want them to go down more :(.

British Beef
03-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Evening chaps.

I don't post over here often but a few of you might know me from the occasional trip over to Rajah... anyway, just here to to you all a favour and remind you to turn your TVs over to Sky Sports 1 at 1pm on Sunday for the big match. Get a beer, put your feet up and watch the Mighty Shrimpers bring the LDV Vans Trophy back to Essex with them.

You can stick your Champions League up your arse.

Come on you Silvers!

Rob
03-19-2004, 03:35 PM
I think Man U should take responsibility for the length of the ban. The difference between the Negouai case and the Rio case is that Man U DIDN'T ACCEPT THEY WERE WRONG.

Hence when they decided the fight the FA and try to get Rio cleared the consequences was that when he was (obviously) going to be harsher. Many people have said that if Man U had pleaded guilty then the ban would have been 3 months max.

This is the problem with people saying its the FA's fault - its actually Man U. How the **** they can plead not guilty to failing the test - WHEN THE GUY DIDN't ****ing turn up is insane. If the guy doesn't turn up its a fail.

If Man U had accepted they had done something wrong in the first place and not fought an unwinnable battle they wouldn't be in this position.

Man United weren't wrong. How can they be when it's a player at fault and NOT the club?

Cactus Sid, keep saying I'm in denial or whatever dude. Glad you can read minds though. I hope to be able to do that someday too.

toxic rooster
03-20-2004, 12:14 AM
SSSSS Leeds got saved.

My boss is gonna be walking on air tomorrow :D

Now come on and avoid relegation. I've got ten bucks riding on this :mad:

toxic rooster
03-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Oh BTW change of subject, does anyone really think Arsenal can win the Treble?

I mean, if we make the final (that is, beat Chelsea and Real), then we can talk about it, but this is just crap.

Thoughts?

Wengerland
03-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Unless I'm very much mistaken Leicester Wolves *and* Pompey all have a lot of players who's contracts expire at the end of this season...whoever goes down is going to have a lot of rebuilding to do regardless.

True but there is still the backbone of the teams that won promotion.Bad thing for Wolves though is that they're also going to lose Ince and Irwin(assuming they retire) and Rae's form will get him a move back to the premiership.

That said we'll only have Dickov left out of the 3 we have now.Hopefully if we go down Micky will move Scowcroft back up front,at least he's less of a burden there.

Wengerland
03-20-2004, 02:47 AM
He has no friends

lol

But he should be gone,his agents said he's looking for a club before the nationwide league transfer window closes.He's too old now,and has been found to be not up to premiership standard this season(same with Elliott,and as much as i hate to have seen him go,Taggart)

Plus none of the fans were that bothered,the only one of the three who's name they chanted during the Birmingham game was Dickov.

Cactus Sid
03-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Cactus Sid, keep saying I'm in denial or whatever dude. Glad you can read minds though. I hope to be able to do that someday too.

Ok, fair enough, you've made your point, and because of it, I actually did the background research to the cases stated. If you think he's been treated harshly, its your opinion, I do feel that you wouldn't argue the case as much if he hadn't been a Manchester United player, but if you say otherwise, then otherwise it is, your right, I can't read minds, but I do honestly think that is the case.

toxic rooster
03-20-2004, 06:22 AM
Man United weren't wrong. How can they be when it's a player at fault and NOT the club?

Well the club let him leave, didn't they?

Cactus Sid
03-20-2004, 06:25 AM
Well the club let him leave, didn't they?

Exactly, it is down to the club to ensure that the player does what he's supposed to, to comply with F.A regulations

toxic rooster
03-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Some proper judgement by Man U wouldn't have gone astray either.

You know, defending the indefensible and tacking on, oh, about 5 months onto Ferdinand's suspension..

Frank Grimes Jnr
03-20-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm predicting an upset in the premier league today.
I think Bolton will beat Arsenal 1-0.
Therefore, ending their winning streak and ending their run of a billion games without not scoring a goal.

packt up
03-20-2004, 11:33 AM

Ok they let him leave the club and mishandled his defence.

And if your saying its Rio's fault why did Man U tell him to plead not guilty? Surely he's guilty if its his fault.

Danny Electric
03-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Ha ha Mr Monday Morning!

Mr. Monday Morning
03-20-2004, 12:45 PM
F</>uck you, you lucky sons of bitches :foc:

Danny Electric
03-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Super Sami.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Super my ass, you have absolutely nothing to be proud or even happy about, let's face it, if you have to rely on an injury time winner to beat us, you're shite.

Where the f</>uck's Cactus when I need someone to agree with me :mad:

Rob
03-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh BTW change of subject, does anyone really think Arsenal can win the Treble?

I mean, if we make the final (that is, beat Chelsea and Real), then we can talk about it, but this is just crap.

Thoughts?

They can win it. You have to give them credit when they are unbeaten in the league still and are in one semi final and one quarter final. I don't think they will though.

Danny Electric
03-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Super my ass, you have absolutely nothing to be proud or even happy about, let's face it, if you have to rely on an injury time winner to beat us, you're shite.

I don't care, the result says 1-0 and three points.
I know we're shit and I want you to stay up because I would love to see a Black Country derby in the Premiership.

packt up
03-20-2004, 02:38 PM

HA I'LL AGREE WITH U :D

Damn you liverpool for still being above us. Goals scored :roll:

But yeah have it Charlton we deserved to win despite the commentators licking your arse all day.

packt up
03-20-2004, 02:42 PM
They can win it. You have to give them credit when they are unbeaten in the league still and are in one semi final and one quarter final. I don't think they will though.

Pretty much agree with that. European Championship is the one which is gonna be the toughest by a country mile.

Danny Electric
03-20-2004, 03:07 PM
HA I'LL AGREE WITH U :D

Damn you liverpool for still being above us. Goals scored :roll:

But yeah have it Charlton we deserved to win despite the commentators licking your arse all day.

What was the score, I forgot it was a late kick off.

Dazz
03-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Everyone STFU and watch Gudjohnsen's goal later, what a beauty.

Cactus Sid
03-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Liverpool are still shi</>te, its the same old story though, something lucky masks the fact that we are underperforming (bar Gerrard who apparently didn't stop running for 90 minutes AGAIN). It also saves Houllier's job, which is bullsh</>it too, because the guy has no fu</>cking clue. No offence to Wolves, but we should be annihilating them at Anfield, and Kirk's right, if it takes an injury time winner to beat them, then something is seriously wrong.

Dazz
03-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Wasn't there a penalty miss too, from Wolves? I think Jones said something like that after the game.

And didn't Man United only beat Wolves 1-0 at their gaff? (and then lost 1-0 nil away :D)

I don't know if Wolves played well, but we have them next week so I hope before then that turn into the suckiest bunch of suckers that ever sucked...again.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-20-2004, 07:40 PM
He might've mentioned Ganea missing last week (dunno why though)

Apparently Heskey collapsed like a sack of potatoes when Craddock got back to stop a one-on-one (I dunno if they showed it tonight, I missed the Premiership)

On a related note I seriously hate Stuart Hall right now, all afternoon he wouldn't shut the f</>uck up about how fabulous Baros is and how he should've been playing instead of Heskey. Christ, ask him out if you like him that much :rant:

The reason I've been so pissed off is because I didn't expect us to take anything from the game going in, but to come *SO* f</>ucking close is just galling. I don't expect we'll get much from Chelsea either but then I imagine that's what everyone will be thinking, so who knows?

Cactus Sid
03-21-2004, 07:15 AM
I actually think we should have got a penalty for it, but I'm pretty glad we didn't to be honest.

Also Stuart Hall is right to say how fabulous Baros is, because he's quality, Heskey is a big sack of sh</>it

Mr. Monday Morning
03-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Agreed, however that's ALL he talked about all f</>ucking afternoon. How about mentioning things that've been happening during the actual match Stuart :rant:

Rob
03-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Stuart Hall is a numpty. So is that paddy who's name I won't mention.

Rob
03-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Yakubu just put Pompey 1 up. RBF is gonna be quite happy if it stays this way for the next 22 mins.

Wengerland
03-21-2004, 12:50 PM
1-1 at home to Everton wasn't really good enough,dominated in the first half but then went poor again in the second.Sort of lost a bit of optimism after the Birmingham result because if you can't beat a mediocre side at home playing against 10 men for the majority then it doesn't look good.We've won the least amount of home games all season so it has to improve.

Luckily i think Pompey have to win by about 3 to overtake us.

packt up
03-21-2004, 01:07 PM
POMPEYYYYYYYYY.

I hope they stay up cos their fans rule.

Rob
03-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah so do I. Even just for RBF.

Cactus Sid
03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
POMPEYYYYYYYYY.

I hope they stay up cos their fans rule.

:y:

Would rather see Pompey stay up than Wolves, but if I had to pick the 3 teams I realistically wanted to go down, it would be Leeds, Leicester and Blackburn

Rob
03-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Nah, Souness hates Yorke and Cole so I have bare respect for him now (more than before anyway).

Cactus Sid
03-21-2004, 02:16 PM
The fact they play for Blackburn, the fact Lucas Neill is a dickhead, and the fact that they are a relatively big club make me want them to go down. That and Souness is a whinging bastard

Mr. Monday Morning
03-21-2004, 02:29 PM
F</>uck you all then :foc: :'(

Rob
03-21-2004, 02:37 PM
F</>uck you all then :foc: :'(

I like you to stay up.

Cactus Sid
03-21-2004, 04:10 PM
We're currently subject to takeover speculation

Thank god, because the guy who wants to takeover said he'd sack Houllier

Danny Electric
03-21-2004, 07:32 PM
We're currently subject to takeover speculation

Thank god, because the guy who wants to takeover said he'd sack Houllier

Is it that Thailand Prime Minister.

Rob
03-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Is it that Thailand Prime Minister.

Nah it's some other fella. Apparently he has been feuding with the current chairman for a while.

Cactus Sid
03-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Nah it's some other fella. Apparently he has been feuding with the current chairman for a while.

Yep, his name's Steve Morgan.

Only problem I can see is that the guy wants to completely overhaul the club, which includes floating it on the stock market and renting the new stadium, which would mean a ground share with Everton.

I think he'd give us the chance to start fresh, with more finance behind us and a new manager, but the shake-up might just be too much.

Danny Electric
03-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Yep, his name's Steve Morgan.

Only problem I can see is that the guy wants to completely overhaul the club, which includes floating it on the stock market and renting the new stadium, which would mean a ground share with Everton.

I think he'd give us the chance to start fresh, with more finance behind us and a new manager, but the shake-up might just be too much.

We don't need to much of a shake up, just change the manager and get ridof some of the side. You don't want to be too radical because then it would take even longer to build a decent side.
What we need the most is to strentghen our defence, the fact that our back up central defender is Igor 'I can't play footbal to save my life' Biscan tells you that we need to get someone.

Cactus Sid
03-22-2004, 11:21 AM
And we missed out on Jean-Alain Boumsong because Houllier is a stubborn dickhead

Danny Electric
03-22-2004, 11:28 AM
And we missed out on Jean-Alain Boumsong because Houllier is a stubborn dickhead

Yeah, that really pissed me off. One of the best new French central defenders but Houllier what hear anything else.

The Comet Kid
03-22-2004, 12:50 PM
About the Rio thing :) I think it was an overly harsh sentence if he should even have been convicted at all.

He rang the testers 20 minutes before they left Carrington and told them he'd come in and they said not to bother. He could have made it in on time but they told him not to bother even trying.

You can say that in athletics he would have got 2 years, but athletics handle drug testing properly. If a tester wants to test you they show up and they never leave your side until you have taken the test. The testers the FA sent didnt even tell Rio he had to take the test themselves they told other people and they were expected to pass it on. That would never happen in athletics and just shows how poorly football handles drugs testing.

Getting news about a drugs test second hand is exactly how mistakes like this are made. It was the testers responsibility to tell Rio themselves.

As far as the Negoui case goes, he had some story about picking his granny up. It wasnt proved or anything, and regardless he still missed a scheduled test. he shouldnt have been out picking his mum up when hes supposed to be taking a test and he rang two hours late. Does it really take 2 hours to make a quick phone call? And now he has been targeted for more testing except that the very next time he had to take a test he refused. He was at th ground on time, the testers were there and he refused to take the test. For the second time in a few months Negoui didnt give a test when asked and what happened? Fúck all happened, no suspension for his second offence in the space of a few months. And then people say Rio's case was decided on the facts and not because he's a big name player? Bollocks.

Negoui was charged with the same thing Ferdinand was, the only difference between the two is that Negoui had plenty of notice form the testers themselves of the test and still didnt turn up. Ferdinand didnt have that notice and wasnt told by the testers and for some reason that means he serves a 8 month ban?

When Billy Turley, an english keeper, tested positive for nandrolone, thats tested positive for a banned substance and not just missed a test, you know what punishment he got? 4 months? 8 months? 2 years? No, he got a warning, no ban, no fine just got told that he wasn't to do it again.

All the Italian players that tested positive for nandrolone that time were suspended for just 4 months, and they even arranged the bans so that they were served over the summer when there was no football being played anyway.

Bosnich failed two tests, tested positive for cocaine and got 9 months.

Colonel Gadaffi's son failed his second drugs test of the season in January. He got a short ban in November for failing his first one and after the Rio Ferdinand case he failed a second test when he tested positive for nandrolone. Seeing how Blatter reacted to the Rio case and considering it was the second failed test in 3 months they decided to really throw the book at him and he got a devastating 3 month ban.

Rio was punished not for what he did but because he was a high profile player and thats completely unfair. The likes of Sepp Blatter and the World Doping Agency had found him guilty and were demanding massive bans before he'd even had a chance to put up a defence. Sepp Blatter even threatened the FA and said that if the FA didnt ban him for long enough then FIFA would over rule them and extend the ban, and he said that long before Rio had even been found guilty never mind sentenced.

This was the FA's mess because of their terrible approach to drugs testing and because of footballs lax attitude to drugs and Rio was singled out and made a scape goat because he's good at what he does and that is completely unfair.

Only the FA could have such a ridiculously bad policy on drugs that they cant even organise a simple thing like pissing in a bottle.

Rob Ban Fan
03-22-2004, 01:29 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Matt Taylor had a great match, he looks like he's getting back to his best, Smertin and Stone didnt stop running, Sheringham looked sharper after his rest and if it wasn't illegal id marry Shaka Hislop.

WHOOOOOOOOOO

Although the fans that ran on the pitch to celebrate with Yakubu face bans :(</font>

Wengerland
03-22-2004, 03:14 PM
I heard the Pompey fans were giving Matt Taylor a hard time because of his friendship with Beattie.That's pretty low imo.

packt up
03-22-2004, 03:44 PM
I heard the Pompey fans were giving Matt Taylor a hard time because of his friendship with Beattie.That's pretty low imo.

:wtf:

If thats true :n: :( don't destroy my love for you Pompey :cry:

Frank Grimes Jnr
03-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Leeds 1-1 Man City at half time.

Rob Ban Fan
03-22-2004, 05:07 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Arsenal vs Portsmouth - Robert Pires
Newcastle vs Charlton - Lauren Robert
Leeds vs Man City - Alan Smith

Thats 3 piss poor penalty decisions made Alan Wiley this season then. If I was a manager and my team's next match was being reffed by Wiley for my team talk id just say "whenever you're in or near the area, hit the deck." cos thats all it takes apparently :y:</font>

Rob Ban Fan
03-22-2004, 05:09 PM
:wtf:

If thats true :n: :( don't destroy my love for you Pompey :cry:

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">me and my mate do it all the time, but not seriously cos he's the man. ;)

They were singing "Theres only one Matthew Taylor" at the match on sunday so I dunno about that :?:</font>

Rob Ban Fan
03-22-2004, 05:15 PM
http://www.newsprints.co.uk/portsmouth/images/archive/large/386628.jpg

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I always love him just for that goal and celebration and his goal against Leicester :'(</font>

Dazz
03-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey RBF, I couldn't find a picture of how a GOOD left back should celebrate scoring a goal. ;)

That Leeroy Primus played well. :p

The Mask
03-23-2004, 11:39 AM
Ronaldo :love:

Mr. Monday Morning
03-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Alan Smith is a diving little cunt

Rob Ban Fan
03-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Hey RBF, I couldn't find a picture of how a GOOD left back should celebrate scoring a goal. ;)

That Leeroy Primus played well. :p

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">What? They both did exactly the same thing. Both scored, turned around and sprinted the length of the pitch ignoring everyone else, both danced and shook their fists infront of the Pompey fans ;)</font>

Wengerland
03-23-2004, 01:46 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">me and my mate do it all the time, but not seriously cos he's the man. ;)

They were singing "Theres only one Matthew Taylor" at the match on sunday so I dunno about that :?:</font>

I dunno i just read in the paper a week ago or so about him wanting fans to get off his back about it.The paper did say a "small section" of the crowd though.

p.s His goal against Forest was just as good,as i said before. :(

Rob Ban Fan
03-23-2004, 05:55 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">the Forest one was from far out but the one against Leicester had curl on it and it just beat Walker and went in off the inside the post. I really wish i could find a video of that goal without having to spend the £50 for the Official DVD :'(</font>

Wengerland
03-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Ah man Pompey against Blackburn on saturday,i would've prefered both to stay close.I guess a draw would be ok there.

Have to scout Liverpool tonight,but Heskey seems to always score when he plays against us.On whether he's shit debate btw,i don't think its a co-incidence that Liverpool have won 2 out of 2 with him starting.He may not score too many but his prescence helps them out a lot.

Rob Ban Fan
03-27-2004, 01:12 PM
<font facec=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS COME ON</font>

Wengerland
03-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Considering Wolves led with about 20 minutes left aswell,i'll accept being in the bottom three.

I can't see us beating Liverpool for some reason,so the Leeds game will be vital a week on Monday.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-27-2004, 04:41 PM
:'(

Wengerland
03-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Ambrosio seemed to be shown up today.

Frank Grimes Jnr
03-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Birmingham better sign Forssel becuse he is in the top four strikers in England.

He just scored another two goals against Leeds last night. Thats 16 for the season.

Why did Chelsea buy Mutu and Crespo when they got a quality striker of Forssels calibre?

Wengerland
03-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Well it's only this season that Forssell has done really well in the premiership,but i think Chelsea shoudl've taken him back at around Christmas or whenever his loan expired,rather than extending it.

To be fair Mutu did fairly well last season and Crespo has always been recognised as a good player but just hasn't settled to the pace of the premiership.

Wengerland
03-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Newcastle were very poor today,Bolton could've got dragged into the relegation fight aswell.:'(

Wengerland
03-28-2004, 11:06 AM
0-0 against Liverpool will do me,that's 3 clean sheets from the last 4 games and with us often scoring away from home bring on Leeds.:mad:

Cactus Sid
03-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Yay, we are truly truly sh</>it

Henry :cool: what a goal

Wengerland
03-28-2004, 04:03 PM
You didn't say you were shit (on here) after losing to Portsmouth and drawing with Wolves away.:mad:

Cactus Sid
03-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah, but I like Pompey and Wolves

Wengerland
03-28-2004, 04:07 PM

Dazz
03-28-2004, 04:13 PM
After seeing the game, I have now decided that I do not mind whether Pompey or Wolves go down, I like them both now. Leeds and And Leicester can fu</>ck off to div one though.

*decides not to gloat*

But I was annoyed that we sung 'We dont want Erikson' and all these pro Ranieri songs, yet when Wolves went 2-1 up we were still singing songs, but not about not wanting Erikson or for Ranieri to stay. :|. They only started those chants again once we went 3-2 up.

Wengerland
03-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I guess i should expect hardly any support.:-\

We are too boring and crap at home,i'll just be reallly pissed if we go down because of the amount of leads we've lost,and the home form being too shit.

Frank Grimes Jnr
03-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Did anyone see Henry's goal?
It was an absolute pearler. From thirty yards out he sent carrol the wrong way. Unbelievable.

packt up
03-29-2004, 05:56 AM
Newcastle :mad:

Jacko
03-29-2004, 08:33 AM
After seeing the game, I have now decided that I do not mind whether Pompey or Wolves go down, I like them both now. Leeds and And Leicester can fu</>ck off to div one though.

*decides not to gloat*

But I was annoyed that we sung 'We dont want Erikson' and all these pro Ranieri songs, yet when Wolves went 2-1 up we were still singing songs, but not about not wanting Erikson or for Ranieri to stay. :|. They only started those chants again once we went 3-2 up.

Uh.. when we were 2 - 1 down we sung.. Claudio Ranier's blue army.. :wtf: ?

Mr. Monday Morning
03-29-2004, 08:47 AM

:love:

Don't pretend you weren't scared when we went 2-1 up though :rant:

Rob
03-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Did anyone see Henry's goal?
It was an absolute pearler. From thirty yards out he sent carrol the wrong way. Unbelievable.

Closer to 25 yards dude. I also seen him blatantly dive (Neville too) and throw a hissy fit when he missed an open goal.

Graham Poll is the worst ref in England. He notes down all the petty things but can't give a penalty when Sol Campbell brought down Giggs or is something like 40 mins between 1st booking and 2nd even though there were like 10 bookable challenges in that time.

Wengerland
03-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Graham Poll did have a poor game yesterday.

I also think that Carroll could have done better on the goal,people say it moved in the air and everything but it wasn't that much.A Man Utd keeper should be saving those.

Dazz
03-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Uh.. when we were 2 - 1 down we sung.. Claudio Ranier's blue army.. :wtf: ?

Where do you sit? Shed End Upper? I sit Matthew Harding Upper and I did not here one chant about Ranieri's blue army.

And at 1-0, I thought we would win about 5-0 (again :D ) but then when you went 2-1 up I thought you would have pulled off scrappy win, like against Man United.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-29-2004, 06:36 PM
You damn right :mad:

:'(

Cactus Sid
03-30-2004, 04:57 AM

I also think that Carroll could have done better on the goal,people say it moved in the air and everything but it wasn't that much.A Man Utd keeper should be saving those.

I laughed so much at Andy Gray when he said something about "I can see why goalkeepers complain about the footballs, they move too much"

What a dickhead.

The Mackem
03-30-2004, 06:25 AM
I take it everyone wants Sunderland to win at the weekend :cool:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-30-2004, 06:33 AM

Nobody is in a position to comment on whether or not the shot should of been saved. We all agree the ball moved, but we have no idea how much it moved or the speed it was travelling or in fact how long before the keeper even saw the shot.

The fact remains he went to the side the ball was originally going as you could see with the step he took, maybe he should of saved it but then again maybe he couldn't

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Don't know to tell you the truth

The Mackem
03-30-2004, 06:43 AM
I'll take that as a yes :cool:

British Beef
03-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Nobody is in a position to comment on whether or not the shot should of been saved. We all agree the ball moved, but we have no idea how much it moved or the speed it was travelling or in fact how long before the keeper even saw the shot.

The fact remains he went to the side the ball was originally going as you could see with the step he took, maybe he should of saved it but then again maybe he couldn't

One of the big things that you saw about that shot when they showed the replay from the side was that the ball only narrowly went under the crossbar and was way above that height until it dipped at the last second. Obviously with it being in the middle of the goal rather than one of the corners it looks like Carroll should have saved it but I've a feeling it would have beaten most 'keepers.

Dazz
03-30-2004, 11:47 AM
I want Millwall to win. Only because of Super Dennis Wise.

Rob Ban Fan
03-30-2004, 12:43 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Sunderland, i like Sunderland, they have Carl Robinson, i dont like Millwall.

If they still had Claridge then maybe id want them but they dont so...</font>

Rob
03-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Boo hoo for goalkeepers. I remember back in 1994 when the new Adidas (Questra I think it was called) ball came out and that ball was so different from the balls out then but it was a delight to play with. Much lighter but just as tough and the swerve was fantastic. The balls haven't changed much since. That was 10 years ago so if you ain't use to it now, you ain't gonna be.

Wengerland
03-30-2004, 02:09 PM
I want Sunderland,because Millwall have Dennis Wise.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I want Millwall to win. Only because of Super Dennis Wise.

F</>uck that, they have 'Koala Raper' Kevin Muscat :D (yeah I just made that up :$)

Plus I bear a grudge against Sunderland for various misc. atrocities committed against us back in the day in Div 1.

Wengerland
03-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Also why are Sky just putting div 1 games on live aswell as the F.A Cup game?Kinda odd but at least Leicester/Leeds is on prem+ on monday.:D!

British Beef
03-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Anyone see Australia vs South Africa tonight? It was on Bravo for some reason. Pretty good game. I'd like to see the Aussies make it to a World Cup one day soon.

The Mackem
03-31-2004, 04:32 AM
F</>uck that, they have 'Koala Raper' Kevin Muscat :D (yeah I just made that up :$)

Plus I bear a grudge against Sunderland for various misc. atrocities committed against us back in the day in Div 1.

also those Sunderland victories? :(

The Mackem
03-31-2004, 04:33 AM
hmmm I think I remember Kevin Ball breaking a Wolves player's leg.

Dazz
03-31-2004, 04:34 AM
18 yard box? :wtf:

Try 6 yard box.

packt up
03-31-2004, 05:09 AM

How about...no :P :)

The Mackem
03-31-2004, 05:10 AM
You know you want to. It's the closest Newcastle are going to get to silverware :(

Mr. Monday Morning
03-31-2004, 08:55 AM
also those Sunderland victories? :(

That is generally what I was referring to

I'm sick of you palming all your rejects onto us as well (ok Alex Rae has stepped it up this season :o )

The Mackem
03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
Butler, Craddock, Rae, Goodman...

Mr. Monday Morning
03-31-2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah, see :mad:

1 out of 4. ONE out of FOUR.

Wengerland
04-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Do you just leave a message or something at that site?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-01-2004, 08:33 AM
WHY IS NOBODY SAVING CLAUDIO

:mad:

www.saveclaudio.co.uk (http://www.saveclaudio.co.uk)
Damn Right

Rob
04-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Fu</>ck Claudio!

I like him really but I still wanna see him get sacked just to expose Kenyon and Abramovic as the backstabbing cocks they are.

Mike the Metal Ed
04-01-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm saving Claudio :yes:

Frank Grimes Jnr
04-02-2004, 12:12 AM

I'd have to agree. i cant stand Muscat, and I'm Australian. Still can't believe hes still in the Australian National Squad.

Go Sunderland!!!

Mr. Monday Morning
04-02-2004, 05:29 AM
Way to completely misconstrue what I was saying :|

The Mask
04-02-2004, 05:39 AM
There you have it, the same shit everyone (Non-Manyoo fans, anyway) has been saying about RvN for how long now? And that's just from his team mate...

Don't worry, I know it, but when he scores that many goals a season, my response is roughly along the lines of "who gives a fu</>ck?"

toxic rooster
04-02-2004, 07:14 AM
As with the whole "Thierry carries a handbag" argument?

Wengerland
04-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Way to completely misconstrue what I was saying :|

lol

How long was he at Wolves?

Rob
04-02-2004, 01:05 PM
John Kennedy of Celtic is out for a year. :(

I officially want Wolves to go down now.

Wengerland
04-02-2004, 02:53 PM
We had better beat Leeds,mainly because i guaranteed Dazz we would.:$

Mr. Monday Morning
04-02-2004, 03:25 PM
lol

How long was he at Wolves?

Oyyy...at least 3-4 years

Mr. Monday Morning
04-02-2004, 03:26 PM
John Kennedy of Celtic is out for a year. :(

I officially want Wolves to go down now.

LOL the f</>uck is your problem, you don't even support Celtic.

Accidents happen, jesus christ.

The Mackem
04-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Sunderland

toxic rooster
04-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Yeah Sunderland

But wouldn't it be about 90275197 times funnier to see Arsenal belt Millwall like 20-0 in the Final?

The Mask
04-02-2004, 08:40 PM
it'd be infinitely funnier to see millwall belt arsenal by that much '(

Dazz
04-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Come on Dennis Wise. :kiss:

You are the man.

The Mask
04-02-2004, 08:43 PM
if he kicks in thierry's taxi on the way to the millenium stadium, they'll be all set.

Dazz
04-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Are you admitting defeat already?

Rob
04-03-2004, 01:18 AM
LOL the f</>uck is your problem, you don't even support Celtic.

Accidents happen, jesus christ.

1 - I support Scotland and it happened while he was playing for us. He is one of few shining lights we have.

2 - Accident? Maybe but it happened after seconds after the whistle and there was enough time to change minds.

3 - I'm petty.

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 04:57 AM
Wee Gooner's getting anxious...

FA Cup Semi Final
Villa Park
Manchester United

It sounds too familiar :(

At least it's not a replay. ;)

toxic rooster
04-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Wee Gooner's getting anxious...

FA Cup Semi Final
Villa Park
Manchester United

It sounds too familiar :(

:mad:

The Mask
04-03-2004, 08:12 AM
speaking of diving, dear god :rant:

ps. WOOOOOOOOO

toxic rooster
04-03-2004, 08:21 AM
Speaking of "handball in the box TWICE (:mad::mad::()" dear god :rant:

The Mask
04-03-2004, 08:29 AM
That's what happens when your dodgy goalkeepers start pushing cristiano ronaldo around, God gets angry and makes the referee turn a blind eye. :rant:

Cactus Sid
04-03-2004, 08:42 AM
FA Cup Thread :rant:

The Mask
04-03-2004, 08:43 AM
poor cristiano. you hurt his feelings :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40000000/jpg/_40000279_siralex200_pa.jpg

WOOOOOOOO

toxic rooster
04-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey, so someone actually listened to soccernet.com hey

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=293015&cc=3436

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Wolves:(

Rob
04-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah, well if cristiano ronaldo wasn't football's southern comfort (TM Copyright Football365.com 2004) and such an annoying little slut this situation could have been avoided

But still :lol: at ronaldo hitting the deck like a bag of shit

I'd expect nothing less from an Arseholes fan.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Wolves:(

Kevin Phillips :mad:

The Mackem
04-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Super Kev

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 02:13 PM
I really wanted Wolves to get something from that,just because i'd rather see Midlands teams/promoted teams stay in the premiership.

Rob Ban Fan
04-04-2004, 06:47 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Christ, the diving that went on in that match :nono:

and Lehmann had no reason to come running out like that to shove Ronaldo, he seriously is just a prick. Which brings me on to my next point, the sooner than cunt Tarrico retires the better. The man is an absolute disgrace.

And OOOOOOOUCH @ Camara's tackle on Jason Dodd :$!</font>

Wengerland
04-04-2004, 09:10 AM
It's like Taricco wants to be hated.He must annoy every premiership clubs fans.

Cactus Sid
04-04-2004, 10:39 AM
3-0 after 25 minutes :cool:

What's going on?

Dazz
04-04-2004, 01:08 PM
I have always hated that dickhead.

Also, the Ipswich Vs WBA was great.

Wengerland
04-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Liverpool:love:

Man City:mad:

Cactus Sid
04-04-2004, 05:34 PM
If Blackburn keep playing like that, they're going down, and it will be hilarious

Rob Ban Fan
04-04-2004, 06:08 PM

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">everyone goes on about how much they dislike Robbie Savage and the way he winds everyone up but seriously, Taricco is worse than Savage, he's an annoying prick and he's dirty.

Also, Blackburn are in free fall, I put money on them going down yesterday. Their home form is piss poor and ive looked at their run in and they have it hard. Souness has lost the plot and morale is way down. They've got some good players but they've also got some players like Yorke and Cole who right now aren't even going through the motions, they're that lazy. A lot of the teams down there right now have some team spirit about them, or the fans have belief, which helps but Blackburn have neither right now.</font>

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 04:13 AM
Yeah some Leicester fans don't like Savage anymore,but personally i think that's dumb after all he did here.

The Chelsea game showed Taricco up for being dirty but he also exagerrates fouls(like he got Scowcroft sent off in the 4-4 game) and i'm pretty sure he would dive if he was in a good position to gain an advantage.

Gotta agree with RBF on the Souness point,selling Duff and Dunn wasn't great but he had reasons(Chelsea matched Duff's get out clause fee and Souness didn't get on with Dunn),but to replace Duff with Steven Reid has gone badly wrong,and although signing Emerton was a good move they did have Thompson who was in good form last year.Now i look at their team and it doesn't seem better than any other club near the bottom,especially with Yorke and Cole arguing with the boss/not in form.

toxic rooster
04-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Hey who was Blackburn's manager last time they went down?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Hey who was Blackburn's manager last time they went down?
Roy Hodgeson??? or maybe Ray Harford

The Mackem
04-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Roy Hodgson I think. Ray Harford came in straight after Dalglish IIRC.

Rob Ban Fan
04-05-2004, 11:14 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters/20040405/12/2916397581.jpg

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">LOL :$</font>

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 11:31 AM
lol

I think he got his verdict/ban for that today,i forget what it was though.:$

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty nervous about the Leeds game tonight now. :(

Rob Ban Fan
04-05-2004, 11:42 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">come on 0-0 draw :$! </font>

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 01:35 PM
3-0 win to get above you and maybe Blackburn,cause we'd have the same points,goal difference and goals scored.:cool:

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 04:04 PM
****ing shit

Ferdinand and Bent are the only ones who look bothered,all the rest are a bunch of nancy-boys.Guppy and Scowcroft have been a waste of space but at least Dickov is on now.

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah and the first was offside.

Cactus Sid
04-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Whoa..... 2-2

Great result for Pompey and Wolves

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 05:08 PM
3-2

We'd be useful if we could ****ing learn how to defend.

Also,it's no coincidence that we came back at Tottenham when Scowcroft was off,cause the guy is absolute shite.How he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me.

Cactus Sid
04-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Damn, why wont Leeds just go Down :mad:

Rob Ban Fan
04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">the first WAS offside but i am absolutly laughing my arse off at Viduka. HAHAHAHAHA what a prick, sent off for dissent in the 91st minute and now he misses the Pompey match :cool:</font>

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
They will now that they'll be without Viduka.What a stupid way to get sent off(i would insult him but i'm afraid of the Aussies:$).

But the ref was poor.

At least Pompey's game in hand is against Arsenal.

Rob Ban Fan
04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Hopefully Arsenal will wrap up the league quickly and will want to rest their stars for Euro 2004/Champs League final so they field a reserve team :cool:</font>

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
It's a shame we didn't get a good corner in.:( Seeing as the goal came from a break.

At least Walker did well second half,might have done a bit better with the winner though.

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 05:13 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Hopefully Arsenal will wrap up the league quickly and will want to rest their stars for Euro 2004/Champs League final so they field a reserve team :cool:</font>

Yeah,and for the last game of the season,if we aren't already relegated.

Wengerland
04-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Gareth Southgate is out injured for the season probably.

We could be without Ferdinand and Dickov for this saturday.:'(

Wengerland
04-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Lee Morris is back in training just about.:love:

Also Angel is out for 3 weeks,unlucky Villa.

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 08:45 AM
1-0 TO THE LIVERPOOL :love:

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 09:04 AM
1-1 :mad:

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 09:15 AM
2-1 :love:

FU</>CK YOU ARSENAL
FU</>CK YOU ARSENAL

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 09:41 AM
2-2 :mad:

FU</>CK YOU ARSENAL :mad:

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 09:42 AM
3-2 :mad:

The Mask
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
goddamnit, you useless f</>ucking scouse twats :rant:

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 09:54 AM
First one shouldn't have counted, and Henry's 2nd (the 3rd) was amazing apparently

Dazz
04-09-2004, 10:00 AM
I think that Liverpool will get at least a draw. I almost bet on Liverpool winning, hell if I had some money I would have. I owuld probably piss myself laughing if Heskey scored the winner.

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Baros on for Heskey :o

Dazz
04-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Baros on for Heskey :o
Good, I said to my mum bout 15 minutes ago, if Baros is playing, I bet he scores the winner.

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 10:08 AM
I hope so, I really hope so

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 10:10 AM
So much for Liverpool winning

4-2, Henry hat trick

Dazz
04-09-2004, 10:11 AM
I hope so, I really hope so

We All Do.

But ~Henry just scored again.

Dazz
04-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I can still see you getting a draw...

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 10:13 AM
I can still see you getting a draw...

:lol:

Good One

Dazz
04-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Really I can :$

But it would help if they subbed Henry.

Edit - Didn't realise there was only about five minutes left, I thought there was about 15.

Yeah you've lost. :wavesad:

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 10:26 AM
I'd say we are sh</>ite except for the fact we are playing the best team in the League, and we actually played quite well. It was the old defensive sh</>it that did it again, Igor Biscan is just terrible, and he proved it today, Diouf has done sod all AGAIN, I barely heard him mentioned aside from kicking Lauren

Cactus Sid
04-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Post 1000

Wengerland
04-09-2004, 04:38 PM
rats

I can't see them being caught now.:(

Frank Grimes Jnr
04-10-2004, 02:17 AM
****en Wenger!!!
Keeps saying that Henry is injured.
Then he comes out and scores a hat trick.

Wengerland
04-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Having seen it,to describe Henry's second as a wonder goal is O.T.T,what with there hardly being any challenges coming in.

Cactus Sid
04-10-2004, 09:09 AM
It was a bit special though, he didn't exactly give them a chance to challenge him

toxic rooster
04-10-2004, 09:18 AM
****en Wenger!!!
Keeps saying that Henry is injured.
Then he comes out and scores a hat trick.

Yeah, that prick
Going and playing the world's best striker who goes and gets a hat-trick
he should know better :mad: