PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Talk

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Wengerland
12-31-2003, 05:46 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO,Transfer window opening in about an hour and 20 mins in the U.K so i thought may aswell have another thread for all the rumours and stuff.I'm pritty pumped for the new year and this makes it better.:D

Some moves have already been sealed and the players have just had to wait for the window to open so they can play,for example:

Michael Brown from Sheff Utd to Tottenham(500,000) Having seen the guy play against Leicester and other teams in div 1 last season i think Spurs have got a bargain there,even though he's not been so great this season.

Wolves will sign i think someone called Ganea but not too sure if thats right,but he is a Romanian forward on a free.

Can't think of any more deals but Leicester have been linked with Dabizas again and also 'an exciting Finnish player' but so have Man City(i forget his name btw).

Yeah so just post anymore deals and rumours or whatever.

Rob Ban Fan
12-31-2003, 07:41 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">wahey. I was thinking of making one of these threads, no need now though :D

Anyway, Pompey are apparently going to buy 3 players minimum but are looking for about 5. Redknapp wants a goalkeeper, striker, midfielder and maybe a defender.

We have been linked with-
Paul Jones from Southampton, I dunno why though and cant see it happening. It would leave Southampton with like 1 senior goalkeeper, the fans of both teams would hate him, he's old, he flaps and we already have 3 goalkeepers but in Harry I trust.

Eyal Berkovic from Man City, he's getting on a bit but i spose we need a creative midfielder and he could do a job. The deal is "as good as done" according to Sky Sports, take that for what its worth though.

Nigel Reo-Coker and Jobi MacAnuff from Wimbledon, we've been looking at them for a while now, Wimbledon messed us around in the summer, both look like class young players, would cost a bit though.

Richard Duffy from Swansea, seen as one for the future, we've had an offer turned down but he's coming to speak to us again. 18 years old, Welsh right back.

Igor Mitrevski from Spartak Moscow, i dunno much about this, saw it on sky sports. Dont know anything about him, defender, Bosnian. Thats about it. Dunno if it'll happen.

We've also been linked with Tim Cahil of Millwall and Andy Reid from Forest but i can't see us signing either of those since they would cost millions. Also Dado Prso of Monaco, joint top scorer in the champions league has snubbed us to go to AC Milan :(</font>

Wengerland
12-31-2003, 07:54 PM
RBFFFFFF:D

Apparantely Tottenham have had a bid for Andy Reid turned down,according to teletext between £2.5-£4 million.

The mentioning of a Swansea player reminded me of another player Leicester were linked with,18 yr old Chris Hall from Lincoln,so i guess he could be a good prospect,though i just checked the most recent team for Lincoln i could find and he didn't play.:(

Blackburn and Villa meanwhile have made inquiries about Muzzy Izzet,but no bid has been made(and it better stay that way :mad:),but sticking with Leicester,i think that we could do with maybe a couple of defenders and some quality midfielders,i would focus on the defense though as we have taken the lead 7 times this season and gone on to not claim maximum points.

The Mask
12-31-2003, 09:12 PM
We're looking at arjen Robben and some chinese/asian something or other guy.

pretty hot.. coudl do with another defener or so too thoughl.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Yeah Michael Brown for £500k is a bargain :mad: Damn you Pleat :rant:

We have signed Ganea, he's basically Mutu's partner in the Romanian national team :love: he couldn't settle in Turkey so they let him out of his contract :cool:

NOW SORT THE DEFENCE OUT DAVE :rant::rant::rant:

Wengerland
01-01-2004, 06:36 AM
On the rumour page on ITV text,it has said that Leicester have told Blackburn to pay £1 million for Izzet.Seriously WTF,i'd rather have him till the end of the season and risk him going for nothing than see him leave now,because imo if he goes now for that,there is no way we could sign an equal or better standard replacement for that money and so we'd go down.:(

I think if he wasn't out of contract at the end of the season then we should get £4 million as a minimum.:rant:

Rob Ban Fan
01-01-2004, 09:13 AM
We're looking at arjen Robben and some chinese/asian something or other guy.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Yeah, ive heard about the Chinese kid too. The papers are saying you might be going after Gareth Southgate to replace Rio...</font>

Rob Ban Fan
01-01-2004, 09:19 AM
RBFFFFFF:D

Apparantely Tottenham have had a bid for Andy Reid turned down,according to teletext between £2.5-£4 million.

The mentioning of a Swansea player reminded me of another player Leicester were linked with,18 yr old Chris Hall from Lincoln,so i guess he could be a good prospect,though i just checked the most recent team for Lincoln i could find and he didn't play.:(

Blackburn and Villa meanwhile have made inquiries about Muzzy Izzet,but no bid has been made(and it better stay that way :mad:),but sticking with Leicester,i think that we could do with maybe a couple of defenders and some quality midfielders,i would focus on the defense though as we have taken the lead 7 times this season and gone on to not claim maximum points.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, £2.5 - 4 M is out of our price range and Tim Cahil would probably cost around the same.

I don't see the point in signing the Swansea kid because Swansea want £500,000 for him, which is a fair bit for a kid who hasn't been tested at the highest level, he's also out of contract in the summer so we could try and sign him then and let a tribunal sort out the fee. Also he wouldn't get in the team or on the bench so he'd just be sitting in the reserves which would be no good since he needs first team football so he can develop. He's also really ugly but that doesn't have much to do with anything :o

When is Muzzy's contract up?</font>

Rob Ban Fan
01-01-2004, 10:54 AM
<font size=3>Dabizas to join Leicester</font>

Leicester City are poised to complete the loan signing of Newcastle defender Nikos Dabizas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/3361063.stm

The Mask
01-01-2004, 11:18 AM

ROASTID

Wengerland
01-02-2004, 07:11 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, £2.5 - 4 M is out of our price range and Tim Cahil would probably cost around the same.

I don't see the point in signing the Swansea kid because Swansea want £500,000 for him, which is a fair bit for a kid who hasn't been tested at the highest level, he's also out of contract in the summer so we could try and sign him then and let a tribunal sort out the fee. Also he wouldn't get in the team or on the bench so he'd just be sitting in the reserves which would be no good since he needs first team football so he can develop. He's also really ugly but that doesn't have much to do with anything :o

When is Muzzy's contract up?</font>

Yeah i feel the same about the Lincoln kid,i think £250,000 was given as the price but we may aswell get a proven player who could be a free and then maybe pay a little more wages because of the non fee.

Muzzy's contract's up at the end of the season.:( Shame we won't get more than £1 million for him considering when Martin O'Neill (OBE :D) was in charge i think we turned down about £6 mill.He might stay i guess but the club has said that they can only offer a new contract when we're assured of premiership football next season.Personally,i'd offer him one now with Les Ferdinand apparantly not changing his mind about retiring and so thats a big earner off the wage bill,and then just offer Muzzy a slight drop because i doubt Blackburn would be willing to match his current wages(i think about £30,000) and plus they have Tugay and Flitcroft and then within 3 months,Barry Ferguson so will he play?

Wengerland
01-02-2004, 07:21 AM
Pritty excited about Dabizas,i know when i said last summer about him packt up saw it as good riddance but i think he can be good for a club like Leicester,then i again i would've been fairly excited if anyone would have joined(other than Dennis Wise).
Anyway..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/3362199.stm

That's the story about Pasanen being linked with Portsmouth but Sky Sports News or it might be Sky Text say that they've signed him on loan until the end of the season.Incidently,he's a young Finnish defender who plays for Ajax but has recently dropped down their pecking order,fairly experienced in Champions League and International levels and Harry Redknapp has said he can play at full back and centre back.:yes:

In other news,Bolton seem set to sign Jamaican international keeper Donovan Ricketts(who was the man when Brazil played Jamaica at the Walkers Stadium earlier this year) and aswell as Muzzy,Blackburn have bid for Peter Enckleman.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-02-2004, 09:48 AM
We're being linked with Dwight Yorke :wtf:

STOP IT DAVE, SORT THE DEFENCE OUT :rant:

In other news Ganea might get his debut tomorrow against Kidderminster :love:

Wengerland
01-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Blackburn's bid for Izzet has been turned down.:love:

Rob Ban Fan
01-02-2004, 03:51 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Yeah, be interested to see that Ajax guy. Apparently last season Valencia had a bid turned down for him but he's since fallen out of favour.

Villa have joined the race to sign Muzzy Izzet.

Blackburn have denied they are selling Yorke to Wolves but Souness wants a midfielder definatly.

Portsmouth have inqured about Eyal Berkovic and Kevin Keegan says he wont stand in his way if he wants to leave.</font>

packt up
01-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Pritty excited about Dabizas,i know when i said last summer about him packt up saw it as good riddance but i think he can be good for a club like Leicester,then i again i would've been fairly excited if anyone would have joined(other than Dennis Wise).

Meh he's not so bad :wave: he should do a good job for you i hope. Seriously he should be considered for our team our defence is shambolic.

Didnt fancy buying Titus Bramble? :(

deathtrap
01-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Villa have been linked with Nobby Solano and Viduka.
Barthez has gone on loan finally

Dazz
01-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Plymouth 6
Chesterfield 0

After just 36 minutes :lol:

Yeah well its not the Premiership, but I'm not making a new thread for it.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Gillingham 3 - 1 Charlton :|

Ah, the Cup :love:

Y2Ant
01-03-2004, 06:55 PM
have it you dirty scummer bastards

that's how you do it Pompey :mad:

packt up
01-03-2004, 08:45 PM
have it you dirty scummer bastards

that's how you do it Pompey :mad:

:love:

Rolls royce performance all round.

Dyer woooooooooooooooooooooo.

Cactus Sid
01-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Cisse's had a medical at Anfield :love:

Rob Ban Fan
01-04-2004, 06:12 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Petri Pasenen's loan signing has been confirmed today from Ajax. He gave it the usual "looking forward to playing in England and the FA Cup" and he could be in the Portsmouth squad to face Villa on tuesday.

Also I can see the need for a Paul Jones from Southampton since Harold Wapenaar apparently did his back in against Blackpool and we may have to play Flappel Pavel Srnicek (OH DEAR GOD) with our Goalkeeping coach on the bench against Villa :| Patrik Berger and Linvoy Primus also got stuck down by flu leaving us with 11 fit players :|!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get some signings in then 'Arry.

oh and we've been linked with some USA International that used to play for Leverkusen. Landon Donavon or something.</font>

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-05-2004, 07:43 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/3356585.stm

Bolton have signed Javi Moreno on loan from Atletico Madrid until the end of the season, subject to a medical.

Moreno is leaving Spain to look for first-team football after falling out of favour at Atletico.

The 29-year-old was a prolific scorer for Alaves when that club reached the final of Uefa Cup in 2001, in which they were beaten by Liverpool.

But his career has stalled ever since his £5.5m move to AC Milan the following season.

Moreno could make his debut in the FA Cup third-round replay against Tranmere a week on Tuesday after the sides finished level on Saturday. Bolton face Manchester United on Wednesday and then Blackburn at the weekend - but those Barclaycard Premiership games may come too soon.

With Nigerian forward Jay-Jay Okocha absent at the African Nations Cup, Bolton manager Sam Allardyce was anxious to bolster his squad for a busy fixture programme which could see Wanderers play nine games this month.

"He has only played eight matches this year for Atletico Madrid," said Bolton boss Sam Allardyce. "It means we have to be careful regarding his match fitness but hopefully he can be successful for us."

Allardyce decided to move for Moreno because of Mario Jardel's failure to find his scoring touch.

The Brazilian was drafted in from Sporting Lisbon in the summer but has yet to hit the target in the top flight. "Mario was here to score but hasn't managed one in the Premiership and you can't wait, " Allardyce added. <!-- E BO -->

Wengerland
01-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Meh he's not so bad :wave: he should do a good job for you i hope. Seriously he should be considered for our team our defence is shambolic.

Didnt fancy buying Titus Bramble? :(

lol nah,i think our current defenders are better than Bramble right now considering how he's playing.

I also have to change my BBC team cause i didn't think he could be kept in after the Blackburn game,so what with you playing Leeds i figured i'd put a Newcastle defender in and after O'Brien's goal-line clearance in the Blackburn game that he would be in but no. :mad: :(

packt up
01-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Titus is shit. So is O'brien.

Woodgate however is the man :love:

Liking that Moreno signing for Bolton :y:

Come on Bobby buy someone good for defence please :(.

Wengerland
01-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Yeah just signed that Spaniard on Champ Manager,started pritty well :D

Blackburn have signed Peter Enckleman permanentely too.

Muzzy seems set to stay aswell.:love:

Cactus Sid
01-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Holy sh</>it Houllier did something good :eek:

He rejected an offer for Henchoz, maybe he does have a brain after all.

Dazz
01-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Holy sh</>it Houllier did something good :eek:

He rejected an offer for Henchoz, maybe he does have a brain after all.

:lol: Henchoz is aweful

Cactus Sid
01-07-2004, 07:23 AM
On his own, yes. With Hyppia, no.

Dazz
01-07-2004, 07:28 AM
On his own, yes. With Hyppia, no.

All he does is fouls people and handballs it. :|

But I am judging by what I see on T.V. He might be playing tonight though, I'l be there.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-07-2004, 07:30 AM
Henchoz and Hyppia used to be good. Now they are crap, that is all

Cactus Sid
01-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Henchoz and Hyppia used to be good. Now they are crap, that is all

Henchoz and Hyppia play well with one another, because they tend to cancel out each others faults, the problem is they haven't played in the centre together for about 6 or 7 months.

Wengerland
01-07-2004, 09:22 AM
I saw the Yeovil game and they put Henchoz right back with Biscan alongside Hyypia,which seemed kinda dumb seeing as Henchoz and Hyypia used to be the best center back partnership in the league.

In other news Nikos looks like making his debut tonight:love:

Rob Ban Fan
01-07-2004, 02:46 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">apparently West Brom may recall Jason Roberts from loan so they can sell him to Wigan :| Yakubu is off to the African Nations soon so that'll leave us with 1 striker, plus unsuprisingly ANOTHER player got struck down by injury leaving us with about 14 fit players (and I really wish I was joking there :o)

So go on 'Arry, you best get buying QUICK.</font>

Mr. Monday Morning
01-07-2004, 05:55 PM
We could really do with a left back who isn't a complete prat :'(

Cactus Sid
01-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0 :cool:

Waits for Dazz to quite rightly complain

Cactus Sid
01-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Also, El Hadji Diouf shouldn't have been sent off, but its still a disgrace to football, and to Liverpool FC as a whole. I was really angry at his reaction to his sending off, keeping in mind he kicked the ball away 3 times, was booked rightly and was just a dick all night. That was his 10th and 11th bookings of the season, contributing to the majority of Liverpool's bookings this season. Him going to the African Nations can't come quickly enough.

In other news, Dietmar Hamann is god.

Wengerland
01-08-2004, 08:28 AM
I love Portsmouth right now,cause without them getting Roberts then he'd have moved to Leicester and we wouldn't have Marcus Bent.:love:

0-0 draw at Southampton last night,quite a good result but i hear Les missed a chance to win it for us(recorded premiership so i'll watch that soon).

In transfer news,Newcastle have said they'll listen to offers for Nobby Solano.

Cactus Sid
01-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Trappetoni (sp) has been linked with the Spurs job, although just about every manager alive has been linked, these talks appear to be at an advanced stage.

Liverpool are looking for a keeper as well.

Cactus Sid
01-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Man Utd have apparently signed a Pre-Contract for Liam Miller of Celtic, that'll be a really good signing.

Dazz
01-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Also, El Hadji Diouf shouldn't have been sent off, but its still a disgrace to football, and to Liverpool FC as a whole. I was really angry at his reaction to his sending off, keeping in mind he kicked the ball away 3 times, was booked rightly and was just a dick all night. That was his 10th and 11th bookings of the season, contributing to the majority of Liverpool's bookings this season. Him going to the African Nations can't come quickly enough.

In other news, Dietmar Hamann is god.

You said exactly what I was thinking, a few minutes before he was sent off he blasted the ball into the top teir of the stand...once it was well off the park, and the ref definitly should have booked him for that. He faked injury RIGHT next to the touchline and they should have just rolled the stupid prick off the pitch and got on with the game. He did overreact when he got sent off, but he did have a very valid point, and if anyone got booked for that then it deserved to be Mutu, because Diouf wasn't even looking, Mutu should have seen his foot.

I still wore my Chelsea shirt to college today, because I don't think we deserved to lose, the only difference between the teams is that you scored your only chance.

Heskey played quite well, and that was one hell of a pass to Cheyrou. Mutuuuu :(, hitting the bar :mad: how did he miss that.

End of the day, a draw would have been a fair result, Geremi, Gudjohnson, Johnson were fu</>cking aweful, the sooner Ranieri stops playing them, the better.

OH AND WE HAD TWO GOOD PENATLY APPEALS AT THE END, THE SECOND OF THE TWO WAS DEFINITLY A PENALTY. POOR MUTU. :(

Danny Electric
01-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Ha ha. Great perfomance last night, Diouf said in the Sun today that he loves being a bastard. :shifty: I think he had every right to act the way he did after the sending off. It could of cost us the game because the linesman is an idiot.

Anyway Liverpool are looking for a goalie although no names have apeared yet. Probably only be a loan deal.

Man Utd are going to buy Liam Miller at the end of the season which should piss off the Celtic fans as he's a great young player.

Wengerland
01-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah,its also been said that United will sign a Chinese player,called something like Dong and i'm not gonna attempt his surname.:(

Berkovic looks likely to go to Pompey,according to ceefax it is a question of whether it can be done before they play Man City on saturday.

About the Chelsea match,they seemed unlucky not to get anything,Mutu needs a goal but hoepfully not in their next match.Dabizas to mark him out the gaaaaaaame.:cool:

packt up
01-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Lol at Mutu and Diouf both of them are crap so its ok :y:

Nah really though wtf was that sending off about :| bizzare - don't feel sorry for Diouf cos yeah he was being a dick about it. Mutu didn't seem to know about it but i laughed at his inability to score and he does go down to easy (but who doesn't these days?! :n: )

WTF at Cheyrou playing :wtf: worked out in the end though eh.

And :( at Nobby Solano maybe leaving.

Rob Ban Fan
01-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Yeah,its also been said that United will sign a Chinese player,called something like Dong and i'm not gonna attempt his surname.:(

Berkovic looks likely to go to Pompey,according to ceefax it is a question of whether it can be done before they play Man City on saturday.

About the Chelsea match,they seemed unlucky not to get anything,Mutu needs a goal but hoepfully not in their next match.Dabizas to mark him out the gaaaaaaame.:cool:

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, i saw about that Dong kid too.

Berkovic is signed subject to a medical which i believe is taking place right about now at Fratton Park. Apparently Milan Mandaric told Man City he would pull out of the deal if they didnt stop stalling on it and allow Berkovic to play against City.

Im actually laughing right now cos ANOTHER Pompey player has gone and injured himself. But on the bright side Shaka could be back soon, possibly saturday.

Also, we're looking at Franny Jeffers :o

And just for the record, Diouf is aweful. Im sorry but he is :'(</font>

Wengerland
01-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Chelsea have been linked with Petr Cech for the past few days but have apparantly had a £6 million bid rejected,but that seems a bit much for someone to be bought as a cover goalkeeper.:wtf:

I guess if you got it,spend it though.:-\

Dazz
01-09-2004, 05:52 AM
I guess if you got it,spend it though.:-\

WE'RE FU</>CKING LOADED, LA LA LA LA LA LA
WE'RE FU</>CKING LOADED.

:D

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 06:45 AM
Gordon Strachan is standing down as Southampton manager at the end of the season

That's a shocker

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Also Liverpool are supposed to be signing Paul Jones :|

Daniel Levy (Spurs Chairman) has confirmed they want Trappetoni

Man U have as good as signed Liam Miller and they've made a new offer for Saha supposedly

The Mask
01-09-2004, 10:49 AM
WE'RE FU</>CKING LOADED.

LOL :D

Wengerland
01-09-2004, 12:34 PM
WE'RE FU</>CKING LOADED.

I remember when you thought Roman would ruin Chelsea. :wavesad:

Rob Ban Fan
01-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Gordon Strachan is standing down as Southampton manager at the end of the season

That's a shocker

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I also heard Newcastle offered £4,000,000 and Carl Cort for James Beattie. Its probably a load of bollocks but that would really make my day :D</font>

packt up
01-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Ahahahaha Cort is shit.

If that goes through its our lucky day.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Still nothing :|

Viral infection my ass, get out of bed and sign some players Dave :rant:

Paul Jones has joined Liverpool on a month's loan. Also Diouf as expected has had his sending off reduced to 1 yellow.

Dazz
01-09-2004, 03:13 PM
I remember when you thought Roman would ruin Chelsea. :wavesad:
I still do, just better make the most of it before he does.

:wavesad:

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 03:16 PM
At least the debts are paid off

Dazz
01-09-2004, 03:22 PM
At least the debts are paid off

Yes but wage bills are on going. £50mil a year on wages. Thats gunna take its toll.

Wengerland
01-09-2004, 03:47 PM
I still do, just better make the most of it before he does.

:wavesad:

I personally think he's the man,it brings a smile to my face when i see him smiling away,even when you lost to Charlton. :$

Thinking about it though,you're probably right,i doubt he'll want to stay in England all the time(or for the majority) and sooner or later will probably leave,which will cause a fair bit of damage.Plus i read that Mutu wants to go to Romania in 2 years and play for Steau,dunno how though cause they probably won't be able to afford the asking price,even if he says wages won't be a problem.

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Auxerre have said that it's as good as done that Cisse will be a Liverpool player next season

Cactus Sid
01-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Also I've seen conflicting reports that Liverpool will sign him next week, which I doubt, but it would be nice.

Rob Ban Fan
01-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Ahahahaha Cort is shit.

If that goes through its our lucky day.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">haha yeah and I was reading the Southampton message board on BBC 606 after Strachan announced he was leaving and one Saints fan said "we should get Shearer + £4Million with Beattie going the other way and then make Shearer player manager."

He was serious too, good laugh though.</font>

packt up
01-11-2004, 09:34 PM
lol

I prefer the Cort deal personally :(.

Rob
01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Liverpool got Cisse for £13.7 million apparently at the end of the season.

As for Carl Cort, a guy from my work who is a die hard Scummer (Southampton fan) says they tried to get him on loan at the start of the season but it's a definate no go now from what he hears. The beauty of football ground rumours!

Dazz
01-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Liverpool got Cisse for £13.7 million apparently at the end of the season.

They needa replacement for Owen, 40Mil, what a bargain :shifty:

I hope we dont get him, I'd pay no more then £20mil for him, and we dont need a striker anyway. Forsell and Cole will be back next season, and hopefully Gudjohson will have gone.

Cactus Sid
01-13-2004, 04:43 AM
Actually Rob according to Houllier it was a lot less

Which means it was probably a lot more.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-13-2004, 04:48 AM
Why pay £5million for butt when you can get it for like £50 on some street corners

Mr. Monday Morning
01-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Portsmouth have cancelled Zivkovic's contract by mutual consent :|

This from a team who can barely put together 16 players right now :$ :|

Wengerland
01-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Portsmouth have cancelled Zivkovic's contract by mutual consent :|

This from a team who can barely put together 16 players right now :$ :|

Word,i was thinking 'why do that' when i read that it was cancelled.

Also,thanks for not making a thread about the result on Sunday Dazz :$.

Dazz
01-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Also,thanks for not making a thread about the result on Sunday Dazz :$.

I had exams on monday and Tuesday, so i had to revise, have barely been online. The moments gone now, so I'll just taunt you forever on MSN.

Rob Ban Fan
01-13-2004, 02:05 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, I personally would rather we transfer listed him or something, atleast that way he can leave when he finds a club, we have him as back up and we could get a fee for him. He's worth like £5,000,000 in champ manager at Leverkusen.

To be fair though, we're doing alright for central defenders (which is where he wants to play) De Zeeuw, Foxe, Primus, Stefanovic, Pasenen can all play there. We just need some strikers, a right winger and a specialist left back :$!

Good luck Boris, I always loved you :'(

-edit-

Actually he bloody kept bottling tackles at the last minute and let Pahars cut inside him and score after being on the pitch for about 2 seconds. GOD DAMN YOU BORIS :mad:

but i do love you :(</font>

Rob Ban Fan
01-13-2004, 02:15 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Man City have just agreed a fee with West Ham for David James according to Sky Sports News</font>

Rob
01-13-2004, 02:30 PM
David Seaman just announced his retirement too.

I know last week Peter Bonetti was at Dens Park watching Julien Sparoni and Craig Gordon too (because he sat about 8 seats away from me) so could be signing 2 goalies this week.

Rob
01-13-2004, 02:32 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, I personally would rather we transfer listed him or something, atleast that way he can leave when he finds a club, we have him as back up and we could get a fee for him. He's worth like £5,000,000 in champ manager at Leverkusen.

To be fair though, we're doing alright for central defenders (which is where he wants to play) De Zeeuw, Foxe, Primus, Stefanovic, Pasenen can all play there. We just need some strikers, a right winger and a specialist left back :$!

Good luck Boris, I always loved you :'(

-edit-

Actually he bloody kept bottling tackles at the last minute and let Pahars cut inside him and score after being on the pitch for about 2 seconds. GOD DAMN YOU BORIS :mad:

but i do love you :(</font>

:lol: I love you man!

Rob Ban Fan
01-13-2004, 02:39 PM
David Seaman just announced his retirement too.

I know last week Peter Bonetti was at Dens Park watching Julien Sparoni and Craig Gordon too (because he sat about 8 seats away from me) so could be signing 2 goalies this week.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I SAW DAVID SEAMAN'S LAST EVER MATCH. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yakubu ended his career :(</font>

Dazz
01-13-2004, 02:44 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I SAW DAVID SEAMAN'S LAST EVER MATCH. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

It was just three days ago we were saying what a great guy Seaman is.

But I'm not suprised, he would have retired at the end of the season anyway.

Rob
01-13-2004, 03:01 PM

I'd be smiling about that bro. :)

The Mask
01-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Louis Saha's dream came true on Tuesday when Fulham accepted an offer of £9.8m for the striker from Manchester United.
Fulham had previously rejected an offer of £8m for Saha, but the extra cash tipped the balance and brought an end to an acrimonious tug-of-war.

"I am very happy now that we are about to complete the deal," the 25-year-old Frenchman told the Daily Mail.

Providing he passes a medical on Wednesday, Saha is expected to be a United player by the weekend.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman must now try to replace his leading goalscorer, and Celtic's £4m-rated John Hartson is a possible candidate.

Saha, who is hoping this move will attract the attention of the France coach Jacques Santini, said: "I have wanted to go to United for a month and now I must prove I can play in the team there.

"This is a big step up in my career and I know that I will have to show that I'm good enough."

Coleman and Fulham owner Mohamed al Fayed had insisted they would not be forced into selling the forward who has inspired Fulham to the brink of a Champions League place this season.

"You just get that feeling that we're being bullied into selling one of our players, but I don't like bullies and I don't like to be bullied so that's why we're so determined to hang on to Louis Saha," said Coleman.

Metz bonus

But speaking on Tuesday, Saha's agent Branko Stoic said: "Sir Alex Ferguson will not give up on Louis Saha.

"Negotiations are hard but a new, superior bid is coming, and I believe the transfer will go ahead this week."

Saha, who joined Fulham from Metz for £2.1m three years ago, scored his 15th goal of the season when he converted a penalty in the 2-1 win over Everton on Saturday.

Metz will earn around £1m from Saha's transfer to Old Trafford under a sell-on clause in the deal that saw him come to London.

The Mask
01-13-2004, 11:51 PM
ie./ sssssssssssssss

toxic rooster
01-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Saha no :cry:

The Mask
01-14-2004, 01:56 AM
note how i craftily got him into my fantasy team while he was still going cheap :$

The Mask
01-14-2004, 01:56 AM
hey, i wonder if bbc will spazz out cause i have 3 utd players :$

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-14-2004, 04:37 AM
Saha won't cut it at Man Utd, similar to forlan who i have heard may be heading to fulham anyway

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-14-2004, 04:38 AM
From bbc.co.uk

Fulham and Manchester United have denied Louis Saha's claims that a £9.8m move to Old Trafford has been agreed.
Saha insisted he would have a medical at Old Trafford on Tuesday before completing the protracted move.

But a Fulham spokesman told BBC Sport: "There has been no fresh bid, so no bid has been accepted and the player does not have permission to hold talks.

"This obviously means that suggestions that he will have a medical with Manchester United are nonsense."

United have also insisted no deal is imminent, leaving Saha again confused about his future.

Fulham have rejected an £8m offer, but Saha claimed in the Daily Mail: "I am very happy now that we are about to complete the deal.

Cottagers' boss Chris Coleman had even been linked with a move for Celtic's John Hartson as a potential replacement.

But it is clear that this latest speculation is simply another twist in an increasingly acrimonious saga.
Saha, who hopes a move will attract the attention of the France coach Jacques Santini, said: "I have wanted to go to United for a month and now I must prove I can play in the team there.

"This is a big step up in my career and I know that I will have to show that I'm good enough."

Coleman and Fulham owner Mohamed al Fayed have insisted they would not be forced into selling the forward who has inspired Fulham to the brink of a Champions League place this season.

"You just get that feeling that we're being bullied into selling one of our players, but I don't like bullies and I don't like to be bullied so that's why we're so determined to hang on to Louis Saha," said Coleman.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Canero to join Leicester

Scotland Under-21 winger Peter Canero will sign for Leicester on Thursday, with Kilmarnock fuming at the size of the transfer fee.
Killie had been pleased with an initial offer of £350,000 for the 22-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer.

But they were forced to accept £100,000 less once agent Raymond Sparkes became involved in negotiations.

Kille general manager Dave MacKinnon said: "Kilmarnock are not going to get as much money as we thought."

Canero had rejected Killie's offer of a new three-year deal and a 60% pay rise.

Instead, he travelled to Leicester with Sparkes for talks and a medical on Wednesday.

He is expected to take in his new club's FA Cup tie with Manchester City before signing the following morning.

"Kilmarnock and Leicester City have behaved impeccably, as has the player, who has acted professionally throughout," MacKinnon told the Daily Record.

"But, once other parties outwith those three entities became involved, the problems started."

However, MacKinnon was pleased that Kilmarnock will receive some money for a player they could lose for nothing at the end of the season.

"Peter will go down there to discuss terms and he'll take in the FA Cup replay with Manchester City," he said.

"Given the player's contractual situation, Kilmarnock are delighted with the offer we have had and hopefully the player and his agent will be able to negotiate a satisfactory package for Peter.

"I think it is a great move for him. But if Peter decides it is not for him at Leicester then he is more than welcome to come back to Kilmarnock and sign for us."

Cactus Sid
01-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Heskey is apparently in talks with Middlesbrough.

I'm suprisingly, not happy about that

Wengerland
01-14-2004, 09:40 AM
lol that player we're meant to be signing makes me smile.

Dunno if he's any good but his name sounds like canyonaro from the Simpsons.:$

Wengerland
01-14-2004, 09:42 AM
I had exams on monday and Tuesday, so i had to revise, have barely been online. The moments gone now, so I'll just taunt you forever on MSN.

:mad:

I could just not go on MSN i guess,but that pm for rep is enough please. :(

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-14-2004, 09:47 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3396539.stm

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed he wants to strike a deal to end Francis Jeffers' loan spell at Everton.
Jeffers returned to Goodison Park from Arsenal in August, but has yet to score and has been unable to force his way past Tomasz Radzinski and Wayne Rooney.

Redknapp wants to sign Jeffers to solve his current striker shortage.

He said: "I would like to sign Francis Jeffers, but I don't really think it's a goer. I will try it and see."

Redknapp said: "I am looking for a striker as we are desperately short - I have only really got Teddy Sheringham at the minute.

"He belongs to Arsenal and he is on loan at Everton and I doubt whether or not Arsenal would want to lose him."

Redknapp is currently without Aiyegbeni Yakubu due to the African Nations Cup and Svetoslav Todorov and Vincent Pericard through injury.

Jason Roberts' loan spell from West Brom has also ended and the player has now joined Wigan.

Rob Ban Fan
01-14-2004, 11:51 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">we're wasting our time with Jeffers. We should just concentrate on getting someone else in quick.</font>

Mr. Monday Morning
01-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Chelski are meant to be eyeing up Saha now :|

Rob
01-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Chelsea can have him.

Leicester got a bloody bargin with Canero. He is easy one of the best and most under rated players up north.

Dazz
01-14-2004, 07:24 PM
We would be linked with Saha whatever, we're linked with everyone under the sun.

Except Heskey.

Rob Ban Fan
01-15-2004, 06:53 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Steve Howey has been transfer listed by the Foxes.

Pompey have agreed terms with Welsh rightback Richard Duffy of Swansea.</font>

toxic rooster
01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Arsenal linked with Defoe :|

'Sif we really need another striker

Sure, we're stuffed right now if Henry gets injured, what what are we gonna do with him once Bergkamp, Wiltord, Kanu, Aliadiere, Pennant and Jeffers return??

Is it that hard to push Pires forward for a few games and put Parlour/Edu/Gilberto etc. on the wing until Bergkamp recovers in like a week?

Y2Ant
01-15-2004, 11:11 PM
what's going on with Saha :mad:

He better not go to United now :(

toxic rooster
01-16-2004, 05:37 AM
Bloody saha :mad:

He should just be a grateful bastard like Henry was when arsenal turned down that 50 mil that chelsea offered him

Mr. Monday Morning
01-16-2004, 08:29 AM
We 'might' be signing 'someone' next week :-\

Cactus Sid
01-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Heskey is definetly in talks with Middlesbrough

born angry
01-16-2004, 11:08 AM
i hope the toon sign nicky butt and alan smith

Wengerland
01-16-2004, 12:41 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Steve Howey has been transfer listed by the Foxes.

Pompey have agreed terms with Welsh rightback Richard Duffy of Swansea.</font>

Yeah i was like wtf when i read that,theres been no real explanation and when looking at the story the only thing mentioned with it was that he pulled out of the Man City game with an injury,which would be a pritty gay reason for transfer listing him.

In other news we've re-signed Steve Guppy,i used to think he was the man but he is 34 now,so i dunno.I think we really need to be signing players of real quality like Birmingham did last year to stay up,another class midfielder to take pressure off Izzet as against Chelsea and Man City we were shit in that area.

Dazz
01-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Bloody saha :mad:

He should just be a grateful bastard like Henry was when arsenal turned down that 50 mil that chelsea offered him

Henry was already at the best team, so why would he move? Saha isn't at one of the best teams.

yianni
01-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Christian Vieri linked with Chelsea. :|

toxic rooster
01-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Henry was already at the best team, so why would he move? Saha isn't at one of the best teams.

Yeah but Fulham still sign his paychecks, so he can be bloody grateful :mad:

Wengerland
01-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Leicester got a bloody bargin with Canero. He is easy one of the best and most under rated players up north.

Is he a defender or midfielder?i've heard both attributed to him.

Wengerland
01-17-2004, 03:39 AM
Yeah but Fulham still sign his paychecks, so he can be bloody grateful :mad:

I think he should be grateful for Fulham's help in establishing him but the fact is that one of the best teams around are interested in him.

Think of it this way,if you had a average payed job somewhere but it was made public that another company wanted you as manager or a different,better payed job than the current one and your current employers refused to let you go.What would you do?

Rob
01-17-2004, 04:14 AM
Is he a defender or midfielder?i've heard both attributed to him.

Mostly plays right wing back he usually plays right wing for Scotland U21's.

toxic rooster
01-17-2004, 05:30 AM
I think he should be grateful for Fulham's help in establishing him but the fact is that one of the best teams around are interested in him.

Think of it this way,if you had a average payed job somewhere but it was made public that another company wanted you as manager or a different,better payed job than the current one and your current employers refused to let you go.What would you do?

Depends if i signed a bloody contract :mad:

I might get pissed off and stuff, but rules is rules

Wengerland
01-17-2004, 07:27 AM
Mostly plays right wing back he usually plays right wing for Scotland U21's.

Cool,we could use a right back or a right sided midfielder,assuming we stick to 4-4-2.Should be good at 5-3-2,my preffered choice as it was the one under O'Neill,aswell.

Wengerland
01-19-2004, 01:51 PM
We've been linked with Reo-Coker now.:D

Pompey were breifly linked with a loan move for Baros aswell as Jeffers but i can't see how/why Liverpool would allow that.

Frank Grimes Jnr
01-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Manchester United have finally bought Saha.
Tottenham are now confirmed front runners to buy Nicky Butt. Who I believe is in the top four best footballers in the United team.
Jardel has left Bolton for the Serie A team Ancona.

Kid Robb
01-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Chelsea have got a deal going for Roberto Carlos now as well apparently.

As a Chelsea fan that would lift me, as a Real Madrid fan it wouldn't. Already struggling for defenders and midfielders, especially if Ronaldo leaves as well as is widely reported.

Cactus Sid
01-21-2004, 06:50 PM
We 'might' be signing 'someone' next week :-\

That someone is Carl Cort

Also, well played tonight, you lucky bastards :p

Dazz
01-21-2004, 07:07 PM
And MMM still wont believe Miller is good.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-21-2004, 08:28 PM
That someone is Carl Cort

Also, well played tonight, you lucky bastards :p

Of all people why did it have to be Cheyrou :rant:

Meh, Murphy hit the post, Iversen ballooned one from six yards :'(

By the accounts I read it was a fair result *shrug*

POMPEY ARE NEXT :eek:

Mr. Monday Morning
01-21-2004, 08:31 PM
And MMM still wont believe Miller is good.

Nah think you're getting confused here ;) At the start of the season I said if he was fit our chances would improve greatly. Problem is he hasn't been fit all season, more or less. Now he's getting a run together and things seem to be coming round.

I still say he played awful against Man U, yes he scored the goal but it was one of the worst I've ever seen him score, Howard honestly should've saved it :$ He started looking more like the player we had last season after he'd scored it though. The one tonight was him at his best though - it's probably just a confidence thing with him. *Hopes he can keep it up :$ *

Dazz
01-22-2004, 04:01 AM
Nah think you're getting confused here ;) At the start of the season I said if he was fit our chances would improve greatly. Problem is he hasn't been fit all season, more or less. Now he's getting a run together and things seem to be coming round.

I still say he played awful against Man U, yes he scored the goal but it was one of the worst I've ever seen him score, Howard honestly should've saved it :$ He started looking more like the player we had last season after he'd scored it though. The one tonight was him at his best though - it's probably just a confidence thing with him. *Hopes he can keep it up :$ *

You right, I was getting confused.

But I guess you meant on Saturday Kenny played like Jimmy does for Chelsea, he scores, but he does nothing else.

yianni
01-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Christian Vieri linked with Chelsea. :|

Lads was this just a bullsh</>it rumour, or is there any truth to it at all?

Cactus Sid
01-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Lads was this just a bullsh</>it rumour, or is there any truth to it at all?

He's been linked all season, particularly after Crespo signed for the 'Ski and Vieri got his knickers in a twist about it

Cactus Sid
01-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Also apparently, Spurs have had a bid for Robinson and Milner turned down

Mr. Monday Morning
01-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Birmingham are meant to be stepping up their efforts to sign Nicky Butt.

BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ROBBIE SAVAGE? :'(

Rob
01-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Birmingham are meant to be stepping up their efforts to sign Nicky Butt.

BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ROBBIE SAVAGE? :'(

He'll stay because Steve Bruce loves him.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-27-2004, 09:52 AM
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1120894,00.html

Arsenal look to have signed Jose Reyes from Sevilla

Dazz
01-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Lots of money :eek:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-27-2004, 11:22 AM
He can't be worth that in todays market

El Capitano Gatisto
01-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Reyes is incredible. Arsenal have signed a diamond.

toxic rooster
01-27-2004, 05:05 PM
So much for financial difficulties/building a new stadium etc.

What about Bentley? :'(

Mr. Monday Morning
01-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Bentley needs a haircut :$

But yeah, Reyes is phenomenal. I'd like to see how the odds for Arsenal winning the major competitions (esp. Champions League) shifted after this was announced.

Dazz
01-27-2004, 06:21 PM
I've never heard of him, but I guess the hype is real, he looks good from what I've been now read.

Wengerland
01-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah Reyes is the man.Apparantly they got the fee down to £10.5m for now and then an extra 6 million depending on appearances and things(read from teletext).

Thats some more great work from Wenger but yesterday i saw the Sevilla president had labelled the fee as "more than Real Madrid paid for Beckham",so i don't know which is right.:$

packt up
01-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Reyes is apparently amazing though I've never actualyl seen him play.

Oh and can I just say.

BYE BYE CARL CORT :wave:

Wengerland
01-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I think that Pompey have signed Ivica Mornar from Anderlecht,thought that may not have been confirmed yet.

Michael Gray has gone to Blackburn from Sunderland.

We've been linked with Danny Tiatto.:|

Rob Ban Fan
01-28-2004, 07:03 PM
I think that Pompey have signed Ivica Mornar from Anderlecht,thought that may not have been confirmed yet.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Agreed a fee and personal terms, he was due to fly in for a medical tonight but then it suddenly started chucking it down with snow and thunder and lightening so I dunno what happened there.

We also agreed a fee with Leverkusen and the San Jose Earthquakes to loan Landon Donovan but FIFA stopped the move because of some stupid rule about how he wouldn't be able to return to Amercia until august which is outside the US transfer window.

Wolves are close to signing Paul Jones on a 2 year deal apparently.</font>

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Parker looks like he is going to join chelsea

Wengerland
01-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Steve Howey is off to Bolton,assuming he passes medical:-\

Hopefully its not too late to bring in a quality midfielder before the window closes.

I'm a bit undecided on Parker to Chelsea,i mean its good for them but i can't see him getting too many games,which would be a great shame.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Yep we signed Paul Jones. Good move for now I guess although when Murray's back fit we're gonna have 3 decent keepers fighting for the spot :o

Dazz
01-29-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm a bit undecided on Parker to Chelsea,i mean its good for them but i can't see him getting too many games,which would be a great shame.

Yeah I know, we don't need Parker.

Wengerland
01-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Hopefully its not too late to bring in a quality midfielder before the window closes.

According to East Midlands Today(:cool: ) Micky's told them that he hopes to unveil a new signing tomorrow.Shame the presenters were more interested in the hat he was wearing when he was interviewed. :$

Wengerland
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah Pompey have signed a Polish U-21 forward aswell,forgot his name though but i think the move is a loan deal for now.

Team Sheep
01-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Your lucky to have Paul Jones. He's in great form for Wales, just look at some of the saves he made in our Euro campaign (sp?) Some were just breathtaking. :)

Wengerland
01-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Your lucky to have Paul Jones. He's in great form for Wales, just look at some of the saves he made in our Euro campaign (sp?) Some were just breathtaking. :)

I'm not sure on his age though,and with Oakes seemingly in decent form he might not get too many games at Wolves either.

Oh and now your on,26-20 :wave: :p

Ogen
01-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Villa have signed Solano in one of the baragains on the season at 1.5million don't know what Robson's up too but I'm thrilled Solano is one of the best crossers of the ball in the leauge and perfect for us

Team Sheep
01-29-2004, 04:14 PM
:'( Ahh well, not bad against Leicester eh?? 2 times Heineken champs. But then again, in terms of good rugby, you killed us. It was your kicking that let you down, otherwise the score would have been much wider. :-\

Wengerland
01-29-2004, 04:37 PM
:'( Ahh well, not bad against Leicester eh?? 2 times Heineken champs. But then again, in terms of good rugby, you killed us. It was your kicking that let you down, otherwise the score would have been much wider. :-\

Yeah,you did well considering it was a tough group,i'm pritty surprised we've done this well to be honest(was this your first Heineken Cup appearance anyway?).First away team to win at Rodney this season shows that too. :y:

On a side note,Jaco and Percy Montgomery are like my fave players eight now. :love:

Mr. Monday Morning
01-29-2004, 05:18 PM
STFU about egg chasing :rant:

Jones is 36 and I agree he's in great form...but I honestly can't see Dave Jones putting him in and dropping Oakes who to be fair to him has not been at fault for a large number of the goals we've shipped :-\

Wengerland
01-29-2004, 05:23 PM
STFU about egg chasing :rant:

It's my thread. :mad:

Mr. Monday Morning
01-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Does this thread say 'Premiership Transfer and egg chasing Talk?'

No

You know why?

Cause egg chasing is not this thread's business :rant:

Rob
01-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Is there a sign on this door that says "Dead ****** storage"? Oh sh</>it, wrong forum

Dazz
01-29-2004, 06:52 PM
:wtf: ^^^^^^^^

Cactus Sid
01-29-2004, 07:17 PM
:wtf: ^^^^^^^^

Pulp Fiction

packt up
01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Villa have signed Solano in one of the baragains on the season at 1.5million don't know what Robson's up too but I'm thrilled Solano is one of the best crossers of the ball in the leauge and perfect for us

Can't believe we let him go.

Never mind for that money.

born angry
01-30-2004, 05:36 AM
Can't believe we let him go.

Never mind for that money.

he's trying to raise funds to buy CARR and BUTT

Team Sheep
01-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah,you did well considering it was a tough group,i'm pritty surprised we've done this well to be honest(was this your first Heineken Cup appearance anyway?).First away team to win at Rodney this season shows that too. :y:

On a side note,Jaco and Percy Montgomery are like my fave players eight now. :love:

Yeah, Leicester really showed their class last week i think, the class which they have been lacking this season and most of last season. The Dragons are a brand new team only established this season. They are known as one of the new welsh super clubs. Newport and Ebbw Vale joined up to make the region (although there's only like 3 ebbw players in the squad!) That loss to you was our only home loss of the season. Our home run featured wins over Ulster, Munster, Stade Francais, Edinburgh and more. So Welsh rugby is on the up, and Monty is just class :love: (oh, and jacko :foc: ) And now we've got Skinstad :D BTW, where you at the match? There were quite a few Leicester fans where I was.

P.S. Sorry for posting a rugby post in the Premiership transfer thread!

Disturbed316
01-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Hmm £10m for a player I've never heard much about...stupid rich bastard

Wengerland
01-31-2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah, Leicester really showed their class last week i think, the class which they have been lacking this season and most of last season. The Dragons are a brand new team only established this season. They are known as one of the new welsh super clubs. Newport and Ebbw Vale joined up to make the region (although there's only like 3 ebbw players in the squad!) That loss to you was our only home loss of the season. Our home run featured wins over Ulster, Munster, Stade Francais, Edinburgh and more. So Welsh rugby is on the up, and Monty is just class :love: (oh, and jacko :foc: ) And now we've got Skinstad :D BTW, where you at the match? There were quite a few Leicester fans where I was.

P.S. Sorry for posting a rugby post in the Premiership transfer thread!

No i just watched it on sky,not got the money.:( Mind you we were back to being poor yesterday,unless we drastically improve in the league then i think Dean Richards has to go(maybe likewise to Micky Adams to mention football) but i guess it was a tough group but the kicking at goal was awful.

In football news a few signings which haven't been mentioned:

Stephen Crainey to Southampton from Celtic

Bolton have signed a Guatemalen,again forgot his name.:$

Leicester have signed Steffan Freund. :| Well i thought that signing was poor and have no thoughts to fight for survival when you compare it to some of the quality otehr sides have bought in,and look at his age but i guess todays performance showed that we dont care.

Rob
01-31-2004, 02:18 PM
Where do Bolton find these players?

Mr. Monday Morning
01-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Hmm £10m for a player I've never heard much about...stupid rich bastard

:wtf: Are you talking about Scott Parker?

Wengerland
01-31-2004, 03:05 PM
I guess he could mean Reyes,but i thought he was more than £10 million?

Wengerland
01-31-2004, 03:06 PM
I guess he could mean Reyes,but i thought he was more than £10 million?

Actually Arsenal aren't that rich so probably not.

Rob
01-31-2004, 03:30 PM
No way did Sevilla let him go for less than £15 million. It's probably a perfromance related transfer fee.

Team Sheep
01-31-2004, 03:43 PM
No i just watched it on sky,not got the money.:( Mind you we were back to being poor yesterday,unless we drastically improve in the league then i think Dean Richards has to go(maybe likewise to Micky Adams to mention football) but i guess it was a tough group but the kicking at goal was awful.

In football news a few signings which haven't been mentioned:

Stephen Crainey to Southampton from Celtic

Bolton have signed a Guatemalen,again forgot his name.:$

Leicester have signed Steffan Freund. :| Well i thought that signing was poor and have no thoughts to fight for survival when you compare it to some of the quality otehr sides have bought in,and look at his age but i guess todays performance showed that we dont care.

I went up to watch the Birmingham v Newcastle game today. Excellent game, except leaking a goal in the last minute :rant: And what a super strike from Mr. Speed! 5-0 at home to the Villa!? All I have to say is this: :nono:
BTW, even the dragons beat Stade for god sake!! :p

Mr. Monday Morning
01-31-2004, 04:05 PM
I think the Reyes deal is for an initial £12m plus a heap of performance and appearance fees on top

Disturbed if you're talking aboot Scotty Parker...well the guy's quality but he ain't gonna force out Frank Lampard :-\

Disturbed316
01-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah, MMM I'm talking about Parker. I seriously have never heard of him untill the transfer :-\

Mike
01-31-2004, 06:57 PM
I do have to question .. with the money Chelsea have .. why sign a player like Scott Parker? I dunno .. I'll see how he gets on first before I lay down any further criticism.

Dazz
01-31-2004, 11:07 PM
I do have to question .. with the money Chelsea have .. why sign a player like Scott Parker? I dunno .. I'll see how he gets on first before I lay down any further criticism.

Because he is English, and English players play with more heart, they try much harder, but yeah it was a waste of money. :mad:

El Capitano Gatisto
01-31-2004, 11:45 PM
Yeah, MMM I'm talking about Parker. I seriously have never heard of him untill the transfer :-\

Maybe you should just read the football threads instead of posting in them.

Parker is a cracking player, but Chelsea don't really need him. Maybe they did just buy him to try and weaken Charlton. It would have been a lack of ambition by Parker not to go, though.

Rob
02-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Because he is English, and English players play with more heart, they try much harder, but yeah it was a waste of money. :mad:

Eric Cantona, Gianfranco Zola, Peter Schmeichel, Juninho (to name but a few). I can't recall too many English players try harder and play with more heart than these guys. I don't think I've ever seen anyone play with more passion than Rino Gattuso either. He was a 21 year old Italian who barely spoke English when he first played for Rangers and he was owning Old Firm games.

toxic rooster
02-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Arsenal v City is on at 2 this morning and I've got to be at school at 8...

Who votes Wee Gooner stays up and watches?

Mr. Monday Morning
02-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Eric Cantona, Gianfranco Zola, Peter Schmeichel, Juninho (to name but a few). I can't recall too many English players try harder and play with more heart than these guys. I don't think I've ever seen anyone play with more passion than Rino Gattuso either. He was a 21 year old Italian who barely spoke English when he first played for Rangers and he was owning Old Firm games.

's why he now plays for Milan

Dazz
02-01-2004, 11:26 AM

I didn't say no foreigners play with passion, Mutu works his socks off every game for us aswell, but normally its the foreigners who come out bitching about stuff, and the majority of foreigners aren't as bothered when they lose.

Also, only ONE of the players you mentioned still plays in the Premiership, you could give some more recent examples.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Scott Parker is an excellent player, why wouldn't Chelsea sign him? He was brilliant today.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-01-2004, 02:16 PM
He was a 21 year old Italian who barely spoke English when he first played for Rangers and he was owning Old Firm games.

He didn't "own" the Old Firms. He played one season, and in that season Celtic won the league for the first time in ages, then he buggered off to Perugia.

Wengerland
02-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Parker seemed to have a decent game but i think they should be signing wide midfielders,cause atm there's only really Duff and Gronkjaer and the latter isn't good enough for Chelsea imo.

If they were going to sign another primarily central player then i would have bought Rosicky after seeing his name mentioned,a good,creative midfielder who is still quite young i believe.

Rob Ban Fan
02-01-2004, 05:01 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Pompey have had a £1.5M for Lua Lua and Andy Griffin rejected. I don't see the point in signing Lua Lua personally but oh well :$</font>

Wengerland
02-01-2004, 05:04 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Pompey have had a £1.5M for Lua Lua and Andy Griffin rejected. I don't see the point in signing Lua Lua personally but oh well :$</font>

Especially since Yakubu got sent back,lol at Harry saying he told him to break curfew,or.... :shifty:

I guess his name makes him naturally good. :o

Ogen
02-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Parker, Veron, Lampard, Makelelle. 4 fantastic central midfielders no need for them to be buying any midfielders.Not to mention Cole and Petit As far as back-up goes Gronkjaer is easily the best reserve winger in the premiership. Their midfield is completely stunning. Only thing I can see them needing is more cover in central defence allthough its not like that been a problem this far with their record.

Disturbed316
02-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Maybe you should just read the football threads instead of posting in them.

Parker is a cracking player, but Chelsea don't really need him. Maybe they did just buy him to try and weaken Charlton. It would have been a lack of ambition by Parker not to go, though.

Well I went through a stage of not being into football as I was, so I must have missed his rise to stardom. :|

Wengerland
02-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I've been doubting Johnson and Bridge defensively for a week or so,but i guess Johnson has time on his side(brilliant goal today too :eek: ) but Bridge was poor for Blackburn's second today.

Ogen
02-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Think Johnsons done brilliantly after really being thrown in at the deep end hes adapted nicely to Chelsea and as you say has time on his side. Bridge is also someone I rate and even when hes off form they can throw Babayaro in there.

Rob Ban Fan
02-01-2004, 05:28 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I still dont get why Chelsea bought Alexei Smertin, he's a decent player but not good enough to push Lampard and Makalele out of the team. Hopefully they'll let us keep him perminantly at the end of the season</font>

Wengerland
02-01-2004, 05:34 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I still dont get why Chelsea bought Alexei Smertin, he's a decent player but not good enough to push Lampard and Makalele out of the team. Hopefully they'll let us keep him perminantly at the end of the season</font>

I think the original plan was for Chelsea to buy him and loan him to a Russian club that were being bought by one of Abrahamovich's friends but since that move didn't work out it seems odd that they still signed him,only reasons i can think of being that it was too late to pull out or they wanted him to gain premiership experience but yeah,even so it is doubtful he could force out Lampard or Makelele.

Wengerland
02-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Well I went through a stage of not being into football as I was, so I must have missed his rise to stardom. :|

He was a regular at Charlton for 3 or 4 years. ;)

Disturbed316
02-01-2004, 05:51 PM

Yeah, but I dont pay attention to the mid-table teams, just those who completly suck or do really well :-\

See, I have almost completly lost my love for the game :'(

Cactus Sid
02-01-2004, 05:52 PM

Yeah, but its only the last 2 seasons he's really emerged

Dazz
02-01-2004, 06:03 PM
I've been doubting Johnson and Bridge defensively for a week or so,but i guess Johnson has time on his side(brilliant goal today too :eek: ) but Bridge was poor for Blackburn's second today.

The first goal Bridge shouldhave got the header in, and then Johnson left Gallas to mark two, so it was both their faults, and yes the second one was Bridge's fault, irritates the piss outta me that ITV text claim it was an error from Cudicini :mad:

And Veron has been AWEFUL for us, Petit is always injured or tired, Joe Cole was a waste of money, he is a great player but we do not need him. Makelele and Lampard are the best central midfielders we have, with Cole and Petit as backup, therefore, Parker is not needed, nor is Geremi, and he is stronger in the centre of the park, but sucks in both postions.

W have enough centre backs, although Desailly should retire ASAP, he is past it and ruining his reputation. We have Robert Huth coming through, and beleive me, he is the man, and he has one hell of a cracking shot. But it would be niuce to have a fourth centre back.

We need two new full backs, as Johnson can't defend, and Wayne Bridge doesn't mark anyone, he waits for the person he is supposed to mar to get the ball, and then goes to them, by which time it is too late.

Dazz
02-01-2004, 06:17 PM
I think the original plan was for Chelsea to buy him and loan him to a Russian club that were being bought by one of Abrahamovich's friends but since that move didn't work out it seems odd that they still signed him,only reasons i can think of being that it was too late to pull out or they wanted him to gain premiership experience but yeah,even so it is doubtful he could force out Lampard or Makelele.

I think Ranieri signed him because he is Russian, he thought it would shut up Abramovich.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I thought Veron started off excellent for Chelsea. The Liverpool and Newcastle games spring to mind as two brilliant performances. He will probably be out for the rest of the season though.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Plus, Johnson and Bridge are both bordering on the crap. Johnson should revert to a striking role.

toxic rooster
02-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Well here we go again with the "arsenal are dirty/cheats etc" crap.

what's the fecking point denying it, it's all crap.

Check any disciplinary table, there are at least 10 teams worse than arsenal in the EPL

I saw two "controversial goals" today, but failed to see any controversy. Have Man City ever heard of playing the whistle?

I admit I've only seen the incident once, but I've got the tape. Can someone explain to me when exactly Cole "lashed out"? What I saw was Cole, closest player to the ball, pick it up then get shoved to the ground by Anelka. Surely he could have realised that the few seconds they would have lost by letting Cole take the ball was preferable to the several minutes it took to sort out the melee, thus giving City no time to find an equaliser. But it must be Cole's fault, because he "lashed out". Right :wtf:

Surely, surely Nelka's shove on Ashley Cole must be worse than the little tap Keown/Lauren gave RvN earlier in the season.

So by the FA's (admittedly inconsistent) standards, Anelka must be given more than a four game suspension....

But that's not gonna happen, cos if you heard the news, Anelka doesn't play for Arsenal anymore...

Dazz
02-02-2004, 04:36 AM
I thought Veron started off excellent for Chelsea. The Liverpool and Newcastle games spring to mind as two brilliant performances. He will probably be out for the rest of the season though.

Yeah he did, but then he just kept passing to the opposition and taking atrocious shots the whole time. He really hasn't done anything good since the start of the season.

Plus, Johnson and Bridge are both bordering on the crap. Johnson should revert to a striking role.

I agree with you there, Johnson cannot defend for shit. The only thing that I can say in Johnson's defence is that he is only 19, and working alongside Desailly and Terry might teach him a thing or two. John Terry has improved his game shitloads since being alongside Desailly at the back.

Even from the Liverpool game it blatently obvious that Bridge cannot mark a player, and he still hasn't learnt to.

Dazz
02-02-2004, 04:42 AM
I admit I've only seen the incident once, but I've got the tape. Can someone explain to me when exactly Cole "lashed out"? What I saw was Cole, closest player to the ball, pick it up then get shoved to the ground by Anelka. Surely he could have realised that the few seconds they would have lost by letting Cole take the ball was preferable to the several minutes it took to sort out the melee, thus giving City no time to find an equaliser. But it must be Cole's fault, because he "lashed out". Right :wtf:

Surely, surely Nelka's shove on Ashley Cole must be worse than the little tap Keown/Lauren gave RvN earlier in the season.

So by the FA's (admittedly inconsistent) standards, Anelka must be given more than a four game suspension....

But that's not gonna happen, cos if you heard the news, Anelka doesn't play for Arsenal anymore...

Wee gooner, you are a very biased Arsenal fan.

It was no where near as bad (or funny) as the Old Trafford incident, especialy if you have seen the picture of Lauren trying to strangle Neville.

And Cole deliberatly took the ball and wouldn't give it back, Anelka wanted the ball, and in the heat of the moment reacted by pushing Cole, yet Edu was just as bad as Anelka, but you yet again have overlooked that fact.

and I'm sure that Anelka didn't think to himself that it would have been quicker to let Cole take ages about getting the ball back to centre circle, and it wouln't have been as quick as if Anelka had, so therefore he did the right thing by trying to get the ball back, I just wished he punched Ashley Cole, as the little shit deserves to have his legs broken.

http://sg.yimg.com/xp/reuters/20030928/559706745.jpg

:lol: it's a funny picture, but that is much worse then the push.

And here's one from the charity shield:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2003/08/11/sfnhan110803.jpg

--EDIT--

http://www.football365.com/All_News/Premiership_News/story_98938.shtml

Cole, who was sent off earlier this season for a late tackle on Ben Thatcher, admitted that Anelka did not deserve the red card, which has earned him a three-game suspension.

``I feel sorry for him as I only did the same as him,'' he insisted.

``He shouldn't have done what he did but I don't think he should have been sent off. It should have either been a yellow or red card for both of us, not one and the other.''

Cactus Sid
02-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Paul Robinson's supposedly signed for Tottenham

Deal will go through at the end of the season, but Spurs are paying up front

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Yeah 2 million down payment, but he stays with leeds this year.

Big shame that is, I seriously hope leeds stay up but its not going to happen

toxic rooster
02-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Wee gooner, you are a very biased Arsenal fan.

Why thank you :)

And Cole deliberatly took the ball and wouldn't give it back

He took the ball when it was in the net and we have seen that before without creating a national scandal.

I saw Cole hold the ball for all of 2 seconds before Anelka confronted him. Still haven't seen Cole "lash out", though. And unlike my man Arsene, my eyes see things that happen on the field.

Anelka wanted the ball, and in the heat of the moment reacted by pushing Cole

So reacting in the heat of the moment IS after all justified and deserves to go unpunished. Pity no-one told Steve Bennett about THAT at Old Trafford, hey.

yet Edu was just as bad as Anelka, but you yet again have overlooked that fact.

Edu only stepped in *after* Anelka attacked Cole

and I'm sure that Anelka didn't think to himself that it would have been quicker to let Cole take ages about getting the ball back to centre circle

That, my man, is why God created a little thing called stoppage time, to be played at the end of normal time to make up for any "delays" (goals, injuries etc.) during the game which wind the clock down.

I just wished he punched Ashley Cole, as the little shit deserves to have his legs broken.

Not really, he's a good defender. His real problem is that he plays angry.

http://sg.yimg.com/xp/reuters/20030928/559706745.jpg

:lol: but he probably deserved it after that awful tackle he put on Jeffers in the Com Shield.

And here's one from the charity shield:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2003/08/11/sfnhan110803.jpg

Jeffers = Everton old boy. Explains a fair bit :o

--EDIT--

http://www.football365.com/All_News/Premiership_News/story_98938.shtml

Cole, who was sent off earlier this season for a late tackle on Ben Thatcher, admitted that Anelka did not deserve the red card, which has earned him a three-game suspension.

``I feel sorry for him as I only did the same as him,'' he insisted.

``He shouldn't have done what he did but I don't think he should have been sent off. It should have either been a yellow or red card for both of us, not one and the other.''

Not questioning whether or not the referee gave the right punishment.

I'm just so sick of all media types, Man U "glory fans" (who run my school BTW) and whatnot giving Arsenal such an undeserved bad rap all the time. I can already hear them warming up. What do they really have to complain about?

Our disciplinary record? :lol:, hardly

Pires being a diver? If you've noticed, since his knee injury he has gone to ground a bit more, but I don't think it's so much to get a free kick as it is to reduce the stress on the knee. He *never* goes down from upper body contact (like RvN, Cristiano Ronaldo etc.). Prove me wrong, but if you notice the times he has gone down under light contact (ie against Pompey), they have all been from leg contact/tripping etc. I'd say he's just protecting his knee.

Bad sportsmanship? Never. Watch Blackburn play, then we'll talk.

Come on Arsenal
Proud to be a gooner

toxic rooster
02-02-2004, 07:43 AM
:lol: @ quote by Wenger saying "originally posted by Arsene Wenger" implying that Arsene Wenger posts on this site.

Or maybe he does.

:shifty:

Rob Ban Fan
02-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Pires being a diver? If you've noticed, since his knee injury he has gone to ground a bit more, but I don't think it's so much to get a free kick as it is to reduce the stress on the knee. He *never* goes down from upper body contact (like RvN, Cristiano Ronaldo etc.). Prove me wrong, but if you notice the times he has gone down under light contact (ie against Pompey), they have all been from leg contact/tripping etc. I'd say he's just protecting his knee.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">if he's just going down to protect his knee, he's still diving, he still got a penalty and Stefanovic still got a yellow card for the challenge but Pires didnt stand up and say "i was only protecting my knee" nor did he mention anything afterwards. The only thing he said afterwards was "i felt contact and went down" despite the fact he felt contact because he kicked Dejan Stefanovic and then hit the deck.

Don't get me wrong, i dont hate Arsenal or Pires, he's a tremendous talent but there is no way you can defend what was a blatent dive. Even Arsene "I didn't see it" Wenger admitted it looked dubious after the match.</font>

Dazz
02-02-2004, 08:40 AM
I saw Cole hold the ball for all of 2 seconds before Anelka confronted him. Still haven't seen Cole "lash out", though. And unlike my man Arsene, my eyes see things that happen on the field.
Cole might have only held the ball for a few seconds, but he was NEVER going to hurry up about putting it on the centre spot, he was always going to hold it up and waste time.

So reacting in the heat of the moment IS after all justified and deserves to go unpunished. Pity no-one told Steve Bennett about THAT at Old Trafford, hey.And I never ever said that doing something in the heat of the moment means he can go unpunished, you moron, what I said was that because he did it in the heat of the moment, he didn't have time to think to himself 'well if I push Cole, then it will take longer for the ball to get back to the centre spot'. But then you would miss that point, as you haven't actually replied to what I said, you have started talking about something else each time.

Edu only stepped in *after* Anelka attacked ColeAnd if you think that Edu stepping in ******AFTER******* Anelka pushing him makes it OK, then you are a bigger twat then I first thought.

Not really, he's a good defender. His real problem is that he plays angry. Actually his problem is that he cheats.

:lol: but he probably deserved it after that awful tackle he put on Jeffers in the Com Shield. Yes, what a way to justify it :roll:

Jeffers = Everton old boy. Explains a fair bit :o
I could be wrong in this, but I don't recall Jeffers being dirty when at Everton.

Not questioning whether or not the referee gave the right punishment.You might not have questioned whether the ref gave the right punishment, but Cole said he should have got the same punishment as Anelka, and I think that Cole would have more of an idea then you.

I'm just so sick of all media types, Man U "glory fans" (who run my school BTW) and whatnot giving Arsenal such an undeserved bad rap all the time. I can already hear them warming up. What do they really have to complain about? You ask that question thinking that anyone on here is goign to care/respond?

Our disciplinary record? :lol:, hardly

Yeah because only 50 sendings off since Wenger took over is a fu</>cking brilliant record.

Pires being a diver? If you've noticed, since his knee injury he has gone to ground a bit more, but I don't think it's so much to get a free kick as it is to reduce the stress on the knee. He *never* goes down from upper body contact (like RvN, Cristiano Ronaldo etc.). Prove me wrong, but if you notice the times he has gone down under light contact (ie against Pompey), they have all been from leg contact/tripping etc. I'd say he's just protecting his knee. That dive against Portsmouth is the reason he has been labelled a diver, as that was clearly a dive, he kicked his leg against Stefanovic, and then went down, everyone knows that that isn't a penalty.

Bad sportsmanship? Never. Watch Blackburn play, then we'll talk. I watched the match yesterday, and when they played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, name me some players with so called bad sportsmanship of theirs.

As for the injury time, the ref was not going to add on time for Cole holding the ball and taking ages about getting it to the centre circle. Which is why Anelka tried to get the ball off him, you really are a moron.

You seemed to have forgotten to explain how Anelka's challenge was worse then Cole's. what challenge :wtf: and Cole's when :wtf:

That, my man, is why God created a little thing called stoppage time, to be played at the end of normal time to make up for any "delays" (goals, injuries etc.) during the game which wind the clock down.

Surely he could have realised that the few seconds they would have lost by letting Cole take the ball was preferable to the several minutes it took to sort out the melee, thus giving City no time to find an equaliser.

so wait, you just contradicted yourself, right?

And God did not create stoppage time, you moron.

Rob Ban Fan
02-02-2004, 11:44 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Paul Robinson has rejected a move to Spurs although Defoe might be joining them, possibly with Zamora going the other way.

Pompey have taken Lomana Tresor Lua Lua on loan until the end of the season with a view to a perminant deal. They've also captured Leicester's John Curtis on a free transfer.

Middlesbrough have signed Brazilian world cup winner Ricardinho on loan until the end of the season.

Leicester have signed Lee Moris from Derby subject to a medical.</font>

Mr. Monday Morning
02-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Newcastle have signed Michael Bridges on a loan from Leeds :wtf:

I know Bobby Robson likes him and wants to sign him, so I guess this is the best way to get a gauge of the player. Still :wtf:

I haven't seen anything about Robinson rejecting Spurs RBF :o Although yeah apparently Defoe is going for £6m plus Zamora - seems a little steep :-\ Mind you if Zamora can play like he did for Brighton, West Ham have got themselves a great deal there.

Birmingham have signed Martin Taylor from Blackburn for £1.5m

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-02-2004, 11:56 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Robinson snubs Spurs

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif</TD><TD class=sibtbgf>
<!-- E ILIN --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->Paul Robinson has decided to stay at Leeds after holding talks with Tottenham over a £2m move.

A fee was agreed for the 24-year-old England international on Monday ahead of the January transfer window closing.

Robinson met Spurs representatives but Leeds later announced that the player was staying put.

Chief executive Trevor Birch said: "I can confirm that discussions did take place between the clubs and the player but no agreement was reached."

Birch added: "Paul is looking forward to staying at the club and playing his part in the fight for Premiership survival."

Leeds would have agreed to sell the goalkeeper to aid their ailing finances - with the club up to £100m in debt and trying to stave off administration.

Nigel Martyn's former understudy, who made his England debut against Australia in February 2003, was one of the club's most valuable assets.

Tottenham could try again to sign the goalkeeper - who they wanted to compete with 34-year-old Kasey Keller - in the summer.

USA international Keller's only competition at Spurs presently comes from the inexperienced Canadian keeper Lars Hirschfeld.

Leeds had already launched a bid to sign an understudy to Robinson on a month's loan regardless of any move. Boss Eddie Gray is keen to bring in a more experienced goalkeeper. Scott Carson has just one senior game under his belt, having made his debut as Robinson's replacement at the weekend.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr. Monday Morning
02-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Okey dokey then :o

Rob
02-02-2004, 02:37 PM
He didn't "own" the Old Firms. He played one season, and in that season Celtic won the league for the first time in ages, then he buggered off to Perugia.

In his time there, he played 7 Old Firm games. And he didn't go to Perugia.

toxic rooster
02-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Cole might have only held the ball for a few seconds, but he was NEVER going to hurry up about putting it on the centre spot, he was always going to hold it up and waste time.

So he's guilty of what, killing time when his team's ahead with a few minutes to go. What an outrage, only happens in every sport you care to name.

And I never ever said that doing something in the heat of the moment means he can go unpunished, you moron, what I said was that because he did it in the heat of the moment, he didn't have time to think to himself 'well if I push Cole, then it will take longer for the ball to get back to the centre spot'. But then you would miss that point, as you haven't actually replied to what I said, you have started talking about something else each time.

So that's what you meant, is it? That Anelka was for some reason incapable of making a quick decision under pressure?

If that's the case then he shouldn't be playing in the English Premier League, nor should he have ever played for PSG, Arsenal or Real Madrid

And if you think that Edu stepping in ******AFTER******* Anelka pushing him makes it OK, then you are a bigger twat then I first thought.

So you're saying he's supposed to have no resentment at all to his team-mate being attacked? Who's the twat, hey?

Actually his (Cole's) problem is that he cheats.

Based on what? The fact that he was a diver what two years ago? Past is fact dude, what has he done lately?

Yes, what a way to justify it (Lauren attacking Neville)

Yet you justify calling Cole a cheat based on what happened years ago?? :roll::wtf:

I could be wrong in this, but I don't recall Jeffers being dirty when at Everton.

Dude Everton is dirtier than Arsenal, which is why they ended the last 2 seasons with the most red cards. You can't deny that, and it's inevitable that players coming out of Everton are going to want to play dirty.

You might not have questioned whether the ref gave the right punishment, but Cole said he should have got the same punishment as Anelka, and I think that Cole would have more of an idea then you.

Where have I refuted this?

You ask that question thinking that anyone on here is goign to care/respond?[

No actually that bit was just venting

Yeah because only 50 sendings off since Wenger took over is a ****ing brilliant record.

OK then, how many of them were from 2 yellows, how many were dubious etc? Tally up all the red cards for all Premier League clubs over the past 7 years and compare them to the 50 that Arsenal have under Wenger and we'll see how bad a stat that really is. It shits me when people make that claim without the proper research. Oh, for the record, Leeds already have clocked up 50 yellow cards for the season by February, and Blackburn are equal 3rd-last.

As for the injury time, the ref was not going to add on time for Cole holding the ball and taking ages about getting it to the centre circle. Which is why Anelka tried to get the ball off him, you really are a moron.

So I'm suddenly a moron because I disagree with your opinion? Don't make no sense.

For the record, 3 minutes were added on. How long after did the ref blow full-time? About 6-7 minutes?

so wait, you just contradicted yourself, right?

And God did not create stoppage time, you moron.

No, I'm just saying there was no need for Anelka to get so impatient as to physically attack Cole. There was still a good 5 minutes in the game. And even if there wasn't, how come it took 85 minutes or so to score??

Originally Posted by Wee Gooner
You seemed to have forgotten to explain how Anelka's challenge was worse then Cole's.

what challenge :wtf: and Cole's when :wtf:

What the hell, so you're just making shit up now?

Dude I never said that, stop making it up to make me look bad dude.

Or alternately, show me either where it is, or where I've edited any of my posts...

Wengerland
02-03-2004, 05:55 AM
Well now the windows closed it looks like this thread will fade away,but a few notes from me.

I'm pritty pleased about Morris,he's a decent youngster who could become a good player but just a bit saddened that we couldn't get any real quality in to help survival bid like Birmingham did with Dugarry,only thing about Morris is that i doubt he is premiership quality and maybe we're "looking to the future" and youngsters as Adams puts it because the board doubt we'll survive.

<s>ssssss to John Curtis going though</s>Good signing for Pompey in Curtis,not to mention Lua Lua.

Defoe may be overpriced but for Tottenham its a good signing,though i'd wanted Zamora here after the amount he scored for Brighton under Adams.:( Again,not sure who Tottenham's first choice front pairing will be when Kanoute returns,unless they sell him for playing in the African Nations Cup,as was tipped.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Wee gooner, There is absolutely no way you can justify what Ashley Cole did. He's an absolute cu</>nt.

ALSO YOU DON'T ARGUE WITH DAZZ.

He'll write your name on a piece of paper and take a photograph of himself holding it with his middle finger up

Dazz
02-03-2004, 07:13 AM
So he's guilty of what, killing time when his team's ahead with a few minutes to go. What an outrage, only happens in every sport you care to name.

So that's what you meant, is it? That Anelka was for some reason incapable of making a quick decision under pressure?No, that he acted without thinking, but didnt actually do anything that bad, he just pushed the guy.

If that's the case then he shouldn't be playing in the English Premier League, nor should he have ever played for PSG, Arsenal or Real MadridIT was probably his time at Arsenal where he learnt to be a cunt.

So you're saying he's supposed to have no resentment at all to his team-mate being attacked? Who's the twat, hey? No, but you can't say Edu dwasn't just as bad as Anelka.

Based on what? The fact that he was a diver what two years ago? Past is fact dude, what has he done lately? Yet you justify calling Cole a cheat based on what happened years ago?? :roll::wtf: Last season actually, the one that sticks out is Cissé's sending off for Birmingham, and then he dived the next week and got someone else in trouble. They dont make Tee-shirts like this for nothing: http://www.football365shop.com/store/thumbNail.asp?size=200&image=/store/catalog/ACole_detail.gif

Dude Everton is dirtier than Arsenal, which is why they ended the last 2 seasons with the most red cards. You can't deny that, and it's inevitable that players coming out of Everton are going to want to play dirty. But the last two seasons Jeffers hasn't been at Everton.

OK then, how many of them were from 2 yellows, how many were dubious etc? Tally up all the red cards for all Premier League clubs over the past 7 years and compare them to the 50 that Arsenal have under Wenger and we'll see how bad a stat that really is. It shits me when people make that claim without the proper research. Oh, for the record, Leeds already have clocked up 50 yellow cards for the season by February, and Blackburn are equal 3rd-last. But you would say they are dubious, after all, you don't deny that you are very biased towards Arsenal, if they were that dubious they would be recinded. And from two yellow cards means nothing, a red cards a red card. and sorry to 'Shit you'.

So I'm suddenly a moron because I disagree with your opinion? Don't make no sense. No, your a moron because your opinion is stupid, and you do gay things like make up what I allegedly say ( see further down)

For the record, 3 minutes were added on. How long after did the ref blow full-time? About 6-7 minutes? Yes, because of what Anelka did, had he not have done that there would have been much less injury time, so that 'point' is invalid.

No, I'm just saying there was no need for Anelka to get so impatient as to physically attack Cole. There was still a good 5 minutes in the game. And even if there wasn't, how come it took 85 minutes or so to score?? Physically attack makes it sound like he assaulted him, he pushed him, he wanted to get the ball back and score again, sorry he wanted his team to win, theres a major character flaw. And how is them taking 85 mins to score valid anyway? Look at United in the champions league final in 99. After their first goal, if Munich had taken ages about getting the ball back to the centre spot and time wasted, then the match would more then likely have ended up as a draw.

What the hell, so you're just making shit up now?

Dude I never said that, stop making it up to make me look bad dude.

Or alternately, show me either where it is, or where I've edited any of my posts...

Actually you made that up, look at my post again, you moron.

Dazz
02-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Wee gooner, There is absolutely no way you can justify what Ashley Cole did. He's an absolute cu</>nt.

He'll write your name on a piece of paper and take a photograph of himself holding it with his middle finger up
:cool: Recognise, bitches.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-03-2004, 07:35 AM
I'm willing to bet Robinson was met by arsenal representatives in london before the tottenham ones and they told him to wait until the end of the season and then they would sign him.

Robbie Keane will be on his way out of tottenham at the end of the season, I'd like to see the kid actually get settled at a club. Big favourite at leeds but they won't be able to afford him. Newcastle might take alook at him and stephen carr

Wengerland
02-03-2004, 07:55 AM
I think Robinson will go to Spurs at the end of the season,it was just that regulations meant that he just wasn;t able to go back on loan to Leeds immediately,which was the plan.

Can't see Arsenal buying him when they're being linked with Frey,but i think the amount he concedes will put them off anyhow.

Wengerland
02-03-2004, 07:56 AM

lol,good times.

El Capitano Gatisto
02-03-2004, 08:19 AM
In his time there, he played 7 Old Firm games. And he didn't go to Perugia.

Salernitana then. Doesn't really change the fact that Weighorst dominated him that season in the Old Firm games.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-03-2004, 08:20 AM
I think Robinson will go to Spurs at the end of the season,it was just that regulations meant that he just wasn;t able to go back on loan to Leeds immediately,which was the plan.

Can't see Arsenal buying him when they're being linked with Frey,but i think the amount he concedes will put them off anyhow.
A keepers only as good as his defence. I'd like to see Robinsons Saves/Shots ratio, i'd likt to think it's very high

Wengerland
02-03-2004, 08:30 AM
A keepers only as good as his defence. I'd like to see Robinsons Saves/Shots ratio, i'd likt to think it's very high

All i'm saying is that if teams see the goals conceded column and it is as high as Leeds'(not sure on the number exactly) then they're not exactly going to have positive thoughts about signing that clubs goalkeeper.

Although the defence isn't great not all of the goals are down to them,and so i would like to see Robinson sign for a team with a better defence to see how he really does,but i just wouldn't think Arsenal would be too interested.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Well now the windows closed it looks like this thread will fade away,but a few notes from me.

Just change the title to Premiership Talk, half the thread has nothing to do with the transfer window anyway ;)

Cactus Sid
02-03-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm willing to bet Robinson was met by arsenal representatives in london before the tottenham ones and they told him to wait until the end of the season and then they would sign him.

Robbie Keane will be on his way out of tottenham at the end of the season, I'd like to see the kid actually get settled at a club. Big favourite at leeds but they won't be able to afford him. Newcastle might take alook at him and stephen carr

I think the Robinson deal didn't go through because of a Premiership ruling, stating you can't pay for a player before the deal goes through, I doubt Robinson will go to Arsenal, the deal is done with Tottenham, he'll be a Spurs player next season.

Keane will stay. Spurs have got 15-20 million to spend over the summer, they're getting arguably the best English keeper in the country, they'll probably get a quality right back in to replace Carr and a left back to replace Tarrico. Gardner and Richards is a good partnership in the middle. Dalmat may sign permanently, and they might bring in another play maker or a winger or a holding midfielder, couple that with Kanoute/Defoe/Keane, any 2 of them up front, and you've got the makings of a top 6 side, I don't think Spurs will jeopardise that, especially when they have financial security.

Dazz
02-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Just change the title to Premiership Talk, half the thread has nothing to do with the transfer window anyway ;)

Yeah my bad :$

Wengerland
02-03-2004, 01:20 PM

:love:

Dazz
02-03-2004, 03:51 PM
I suppose Keown didnt deserve to be sent off them Wee Gooner?

(I know this is the <s>F.A</s> league cup :shifty: not premiership, but still, )

Rob
02-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Salernitana then. Doesn't really change the fact that Weighorst dominated him that season in the Old Firm games.

LOL I loved Weighorst at Dundee but no way did he dominate Gattuso.

Rob
02-03-2004, 04:05 PM
I suppose Keown didnt deserve to be sent off them Wee Gooner?

(I know this is the F.A cup not premiership, but still, )

Well he deserved it tonight and he got it.

toxic rooster
02-03-2004, 04:09 PM
League cup :o

can't argue with that, though

Dazz
02-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Another bust up during an Arsenal match, you lot are a disgrace

Dazz
02-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Joseph Desire Job is rubbish, and slow.

Ogen
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Reyes is a legend that was a great finish

Dazz
02-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Reyes is a legend that was a great finish

:lol: I was on here when i saw the goal, and i was pissed off because I thought Reyes equalised for Arsenal, and then I realised Boro had scored, and i was like :wtf: that was an own goal though, can't believe how long it took the commentators to realise it was an own goal.

Ogen
02-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Yeah the commentators seemed to be waiting for something to explain it. Hell when I saw it I thought that there'd been a whistle for something against 'Boro and Reyes just kicked it in for a laugh.

Wengerland
02-04-2004, 09:11 AM
Haven't seen the Reyes own goal but it was a bit surprising,must be the first time a forward has scored an own goal before scoring at the right end for a club,not to mention on his full debut.

The Mask
02-04-2004, 12:17 PM
I saw it last night and i was like "damn that was a flukey f</>ucking g... wait.. was that in his own net? :|"

packt up
02-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Michael Bridges :| wooo.

Way to splash the cash there Bobby. Our transfer window sucked.

The big three got who they wanted - Chelsea's seemingly the most pointless due to their apparent strength in that area already. Good signings for Man U and Arsenal though.

Otherwise well done to Spurs - Defoe is a class signing.

Rob
02-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah the commentators seemed to be waiting for something to explain it. Hell when I saw it I thought that there'd been a whistle for something against 'Boro and Reyes just kicked it in for a laugh.

One of the commentators was Alan Smith though so it's no wonder he tried hiding it really is it.

Dazz
02-04-2004, 04:39 PM
WHAT A GAME

Man City truely deserved to win

Keller is a cheating cu</>nt
Sun is one of the wosrt players ever, he cannot make a fair challenge.
Barton did not deserve to be sent off

toxic rooster
02-04-2004, 05:01 PM
LOL spurs LOL

Ogen
02-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Love it. Hate Spurs with a passion their fans really are up there own arse about how big a club they are. Talking to someone earlier who said now that they have Defoe and Kanoute next year they'll be champions leauge contenders. Almost forgot how well West Ham were doing in the champions leauge.

Wengerland
02-05-2004, 07:58 AM
LOL that was worse than Leicester against Wolves.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Lucky bastard

from williamhill.co.uk

With Spurs leading 3-0 at halftime and City down to 10 men after Joey Barton was sent off, a William Hill customer from Scotland staked 100 pounds on a City victory at 250-1 and was rewarded when they staged an amazing comeback to win 4-3, and picked up £25,000

Cactus Sid
02-05-2004, 10:29 AM
My mate's a Spurs fan and he was just so gutted, it was the funniest thing I have seen in ages, congrats to Man City, I might be a Liverpool fan, but I always will have a little soft spot for City, for a number of reasons.

The Mask
02-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Lucky bastard

from williamhill.co.uk

With Spurs leading 3-0 at halftime and City down to 10 men after Joey Barton was sent off, a William Hill customer from Scotland staked 100 pounds on a City victory at 250-1 and was rewarded when they staged an amazing comeback to win 4-3, and picked up £25,000

LOL remember that time United were playing spurs or something a few years back and spurs were 3-0 at half time, i heard someone put his mortgage on spurs winning, although the odds weren't great i'd imagine he'd have made a few grand, and then united won 5-3 or something. that was great :'(

Mr. Monday Morning
02-05-2004, 11:15 AM
LOL remember that time United were playing spurs or something a few years back and spurs were 3-0 at half time, i heard someone put his mortgage on spurs winning, although the odds weren't great i'd imagine he'd have made a few grand, and then united won 5-3 or something. that was great :'(

Damn :eek:

Oh well, Manchester derby in the next round :$

The Mask
02-05-2004, 11:22 AM
they better not pull any fancy comebacks then :$

Dazz
02-05-2004, 12:59 PM
they better not pull any fancy comebacks then :$

Well look who decided to show his face in this forum.

I will firmly be behind the blue half of Manchester, and I really do think that they will do you over.

The Mask
02-05-2004, 01:16 PM

I will firmly be behind the blue half of Manchester, and I really do think that they will do you over.

check this post, i've posted loads :rant:

also, :foc:

Danny Electric
02-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Is the game at City or Utd?

Wengerland
02-05-2004, 01:17 PM

You make it sound as though he's never on here??

Danny Electric
02-05-2004, 01:17 PM
My mate's a Spurs fan and he was just so gutted, it was the funniest thing I have seen in ages, congrats to Man City, I might be a Liverpool fan, but I always will have a little soft spot for City, for a number of reasons.

I have exactly the same soft spot as you.

Rob
02-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Lucky bastard

from williamhill.co.uk

Should I mention it was my Dad?

Rob
02-05-2004, 02:39 PM
I have exactly the same soft spot as you.

Because you are both sick of being fu</>cked by United?

Danny Electric
02-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Because you are both sick of being fu</>cked by United?

Yep. :)
Our time will come, oh our time will come.
Whether it's when Houllier is still here is another question.

Rob
02-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Yep. :)
Our time will come, oh our time will come.
Whether it's when Houllier is still here is another question.

Not in my lifetime pal :)

Change back to Danny Electric too

Dazz
02-05-2004, 02:47 PM
<s>Not in my lifetime pal :)</s>

:y:

Danny Electric
02-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Not in my lifetime pal :)

Lol. OK. Looks like loads of people think the same.