PDA

View Full Version : LOST Theories (will have spoliers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jon Kano
04-17-2009, 02:08 AM
OK, I want to start a thread for actual LOST theory discussion. Of course spoliers will be part of it so it would be good to have a separate thread so discussion can be free flowing etc.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/WINDOW%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> OK basically I have been wanting to post my entire lost theory but I have not had time to type it all out, but last night I was watching some of season 4 and 5 and pieced together a few theories….
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
I think the end of this season is going to end with ‘the incident’ or near it. The Swan/The Hatch/thing thing behind the concrete wall, let’s face it – it’s the Jugghead H bomb which needs to be purged every 108 minutes unless it blows or something. The incident/burst of some radiation or whatever it is, causes radiation or ‘the sickness’ or some kind of Quarantine effect which also disables women to give birth.
I think Jacob is definitely someone we already know, possibly Desmond or faraday – they are both unique with their knowledge of time travel/cause and effect/the constant aspect, and have the ability to see how time is going to work out …
For example….. Jacob gives a list to his people of 3 survivors they need to capture, Sawyer and Kate in particular were bought over to help with the construction of ‘smashing rocks’ aka the runway which allowed them to return 2 seasons later. Its like everything has been constructed since their early lives for them all to land, and finish the kind of loop they are on to the point which will be seen in the last season, this ‘war’ Widmore and Ben are on about.
I also think it would mean more and make more sense for Jacob to be someone we already know as opposed to some mystical new being type character.
Another thought about how certain characters total arc may end…Jack doesn’t know why he’s come back to the island yet, sure he does, he went to Australia to bring his father home, I think in the end that’s whats going to happen, Jack, Christian, Claire they will all leave at the end, maybe with Juliet too so she can be with her sister. Kate, Sawyer, Lock even Hurly will probably stay. People like Frank, Miles and even Sayid will probably be killed.
I’m going to get back into posting my theories, it would be good to see what other people think.

Requiem
04-17-2009, 02:41 AM
http://www.timelooptheory.com

Jon Kano
04-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Yeah thats another site, I mean discussion for here.

Jon Kano
04-17-2009, 02:51 AM
Already looking at their stuff, one thing to note...

4. The pressing of the button in the swan was resetting time on the island, keeping it in a loop - Maybe

This is what I kinda thought, then changed it to my H-Bomb theory.

But this also kinda relates to something I have a hard time getting my head round....

- Supposedly the Island is hidden from the outside world, radar, equipment etc, which is why when Desmond turned the key, it was visable to the outside world for a brief period of time.

- In season 2, the Island and survivors received drops of supplies, food etc from Dharma HQ, as if they thought the operation was still going (which would be supported by the flame and Mikhail etc) But that means a plan must of known where and when to drop it, information someone like Widmore would easily be able to steal or know of if this is the case. Still, drops were made.

- Yet in season 5, Mrs Hawking said the Island was constantly travelling through time and no one could find it.

WTF?

The Destroyer
04-17-2009, 02:53 AM
My theory is they're making it up as they go along. :-\

You're probably right about the season finale though, since the actual episode title is "The Incident". The nuke is bound to play into it somehow, since it seems a bit pointless to have ever introduced it in the first place otherwise.

That time loop theory seems to make some pretty major leaps though, so I don't buy it.

Jon Kano
04-17-2009, 02:55 AM
I didn't know the incident was the actual title of the last episode fyi

Shaggy
04-17-2009, 03:06 AM
For some reason I keep thinking that Richard Alpert is Jacob

Jon Kano
04-17-2009, 03:54 AM
I keep thinking when trying to figure out who he is, to look at what/who we saw sittin in the chair in season 3 in the 'Man Behind the Curtain'

I personally think its Desmond, Locke or Faraday, based on not only story theory but also basic appearance.

http://home.blarg.net/%7Ewayule/graphics/jacob.jpg

Jon Kano
04-17-2009, 03:54 AM
The man is actually one of the prop guys on set lol

Hanso Amore
04-17-2009, 05:54 PM
The incident will have nothing to do with the Bomb.

They are building the swan now.

In the orientation videos, CHeng says the sation was built to monitor the Electromagnetic properties of the Island.

Then the incident happens, so now they have to press the code every 108 minutes to disperse the pent up energy.

I imagine the incident will be some form of massive explosion due to them building the Swan and trying to harness the massive energy.

Hanso Amore
04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I do think the bomb will play a part in later stories...perhaps putting the Island to rest at the end of the series.

Like somehow they are about to escape the island, and someone stays back to blow up the Island with the unearthed Nuke (since it was burried) to put an end to all the fighting over control of the Island.

Jon Kano
04-18-2009, 08:23 AM
The incident will have nothing to do with the Bomb.

They are building the swan now.

In the orientation videos, CHeng says the sation was built to monitor the Electromagnetic properties of the Island.

Then the incident happens, so now they have to press the code every 108 minutes to disperse the pent up energy.

I imagine the incident will be some form of massive explosion due to them building the Swan and trying to harness the massive energy.

Few things...

Yeah they're bulding the Swan now, as in Dharma heyday (1970s), the same decade they pretty much arrived and set up their stations, but it was in the 1950s (young Widmore/Richard/Daniel examining it) when the others were told it needs to be buried. The timeline of events just fits; buried, twenty years later, found, followed by an incident.

We saw Faraday present when Cheng/Wickmud/Halliwax and the miners found something which alarmed him/caused caution. It was under ground, and in the second season when Sayid examined the concrete wall, he referred to Chernobyl. Just kinda hits to something they didn't expect to find, and its contained like a nuclear problem.

Fair enough he said the station was meant to examine electromagnetism on the Island, but the Blash Door map says there are several electromagnetic areas with 'unique geological properties' scattered all over the Island, it might be in one place with one unique property, but it examines the whole Island.

I also think if its something supernatural, as in part of the actual Island mythology (Cerebus/Statue/Egyptian Markings/Donkey Wheel/) its usually part of a related theme, not just randomly found in the ground. There seems to be a system at work where supernatural things belong. But then it could be something new.

And if your saying the incident is a massive exlosion due to them trying to harness its energy, then wouldn't the Swan and the area its built around be destroyed? We know it gets built, something happens, but its contained enough for the Swan to remain.

Hanso Amore
04-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Few things...

Yeah they're bulding the Swan now, as in Dharma heyday (1970s), the same decade they pretty much arrived and set up their stations, but it was in the 1950s (young Widmore/Richard/Daniel examining it) when the others were told it needs to be buried. The timeline of events just fits; buried, twenty years later, found, followed by an incident.

We saw Faraday present when Cheng/Wickmud/Halliwax and the miners found something which alarmed him/caused caution. It was under ground, and in the second season when Sayid examined the concrete wall, he referred to Chernobyl. Just kinda hits to something they didn't expect to find, and its contained like a nuclear problem.

Fair enough he said the station was meant to examine electromagnetism on the Island, but the Blash Door map says there are several electromagnetic areas with 'unique geological properties' scattered all over the Island, it might be in one place with one unique property, but it examines the whole Island.

I also think if its something supernatural, as in part of the actual Island mythology (Cerebus/Statue/Egyptian Markings/Donkey Wheel/) its usually part of a related theme, not just randomly found in the ground. There seems to be a system at work where supernatural things belong. But then it could be something new.

And if your saying the incident is a massive exlosion due to them trying to harness its energy, then wouldn't the Swan and the area its built around be destroyed? We know it gets built, something happens, but its contained enough for the Swan to remain.

Ok, so you think a Nuke us going to do less damage?

Since when do Nukes have any type of Magnetism? And I think people put way too much into the Sayid quote from many season ago, when the story was still forming and I am sure things have changed quite a bit. Remember, they are writing this as they go. Characters have left and had to be written out and the story changed, and new characters were added. I dont think Ben was part of the shows ideas until after season one. he was only suppose to be a bit player. Dont build a case on a one liner that really had no signifigance to anything unless you try to twist it to an idea.

When building the Orchid, they found the Donkey Wheel behind the wall...Nothing to do with the Swan.

Requiem
04-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Huh? I'm pretty sure they were only writing the show 'as they went' before they knew how many seasons they were signed for. Once they found out when the show was going to be over, they wrote the rest of it. During the first bit, they had an actual plan, but had to come up with all the in-between stuff.

I have read that at this point, the writing is finished for the most part, and the only cast member who knows how it ends is Jack.

Smarky The Shark
04-18-2009, 05:59 PM
NERDS

CSL
04-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Never liked the watermelon ones, the wild cherry ones though = :drool::love:

Jon Kano
04-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Huh? I'm pretty sure they were only writing the show 'as they went' before they knew how many seasons they were signed for. Once they found out when the show was going to be over, they wrote the rest of it. During the first bit, they had an actual plan, but had to come up with all the in-between stuff.

I have read that at this point, the writing is finished for the most part, and the only cast member who knows how it ends is Jack.

Even so, with the exception of a few continuity and narrative errors, they have done a pretty good job of orchastrating things around the writer's strike, actors commitments, unforseen circumstances. All to a degree of being a kickass story.

I have read many times and conclude that its half and half, they did have an overall idea of what the story of LOST is/was and will be, but along the way, things changed for sure.

Hanso Amore
04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Well seeing as most of the last few seasons have been based around a guy that was never planned to be on for more than 5 episodes, I would say that they change their plans ALOT.

Jon Kano
04-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Well seeing as most of the last few seasons have been based around a guy that was never planned to be on for more than 5 episodes, I would say that they change their plans ALOT.

I would say LOST is the show that is the complete opposite of basing their story on one character.

Jon Kano
04-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Ok, so you think a Nuke us going to do less damage?

Since when do Nukes have any type of Magnetism? And I think people put way too much into the Sayid quote from many season ago, when the story was still forming and I am sure things have changed quite a bit. Remember, they are writing this as they go. Characters have left and had to be written out and the story changed, and new characters were added. I dont think Ben was part of the shows ideas until after season one. he was only suppose to be a bit player. Dont build a case on a one liner that really had no signifigance to anything unless you try to twist it to an idea.

When building the Orchid, they found the Donkey Wheel behind the wall...Nothing to do with the Swan.

For some reason I thought the 'energy' they found was in the Swan area. Ignore my crazy old bomb theory.

Hanso Amore
04-20-2009, 12:11 PM
For some reason I thought the 'energy' they found was in the Swan area. Ignore my crazy old bomb theory.

Its a common thought though...lots of Theories contain that....its just one of those little confusing parts since there are so fucking many stations.

God I am a Lost Loser.

Jon Kano
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
God I am a Lost Loser.

Could be worse, just so happens LOST is the best TV show right now :D

Mr. Nerfect
05-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Never really got into Lost. Seems like way too much of a mess for me. Glad it seems to be making sense for all of you to the point where you bother to try and decode it. I'll probably ask someone who watches the show after it ends if it is worth watching through.

Dave Youell
05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
One thing I thought of this morning, what if this Locke is actually Locke, but somehow from the far off future and has more knowledge of the island and that's why he has to kill Jacob?

The Body of Locke could be a version of him even further in the future that had to die....

Oh I don't fucking know

Can't wait till Jan

XL
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Didn't "Locke" mention that he found the loophole in the scene with Jacob(or Jacob mentioned it to him)? That pretty much cements that "Locke" is the Man In Black from the pre-credit scene and that Locke is in fact dead, from where I stand.

Your little theory seems a little "out there"...but it is Lost!

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Without question there is a presence of time-loop "chicken or the egg" going on. It seems exhausting and pointless to try to speculate where it will go, but I agree with many of that links assumptions.

Personally, I was a little upset when I began to get the impression that free will was in no way present. That's just because I've come to feel with the characters and it's a tough pill to swallow.
But, it's very possible that there isn't. At the same time, I think some instances have shown there is some semblance of free will.

I 100% agree that it all comes down to, (and likely ultimately always will) fate vs destiny. Are they destined to do certain things, and at will to accomplish it however they want? That would seem to be in accordance with course correction.

For instance, when Sayid shot Ben. Did that always happen? At this point I'd say yes, but at first I felt as though that was an instance of their new path affecting the past. Either way, things turned out the way they "did". Perhaps something else happened to Ben during that time frame that led him to The Others, where he was healed and adopted.
After all, Richard told him to "be patient" when they first met. Was he waiting for the specific event of Sayid shooting him to happen? Or was he waiting for something else to happen and it just happened to be Sayid?

The other possibility is that every action is completely pre-destined. This is a concept I would rather not be the case, as the free will w/ course correction seems more fair to the characters. It just seems disheartening. I don't think it's the case though.
Those who travelled back in time to join Dharma in 1977 were presumably "always part of that history"
If they were though, does this mean they will die there in front of Richard? Richard confirms that in the original timeline he did indeed remember them as having been on the island in 1977. Still, he says they died.

If they don't die, which I'm really waiting to see (and I doubt they will), it means they did something different in the timeline us viewers are following. This means there is free will, and even though certain things are destined to happen, they can take the ball and run with it from a certain point.
In essence, there are certain notes that must be hit, like them getting to 1977 and posing for that photograph. But perhaps the rest is up to them. They're "the variables"

If they survive, and get back to 2006 successfully, they're blazing "new ground"

At least that's how it seems to me.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Also, Jacob's last words (thus far)...."they're coming"

Thoughts?

Matt Gingarac
06-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Also, Jacob's last words (thus far)...."they're coming"

Thoughts?

100% Jack and co. who else could it really be.

Impact!
06-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Richard saw them "die". Though what he perceives as them dying could possibly be them going "Back To The Future"...

Impact!
06-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Also I really can't figure out how Desmond and Charles will figure into the story now...

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
So what are your thoughts on free will and fate vs destiny?

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Also I really can't figure out how Desmond and Charles will figure into the story now...

Correct me if I'm missing anything here:

The story sort of moved away from them since they're back in the real world and everyone else is back on the island.

Still, as far as I can remember Charles is still looking for the island. He still wants to get there. He was in a race to get back against Ben. Ben beat him back, but Charles still has unfinished business there.
I don't imagine he would stop.

Also, Ben tried to kill Penny and Desmond. Obviously this has got to upset Desmond.
Basically, Charles and Desmond now have common interests. They both hate Ben Linus. I think this places them on the same page, and puts their problems on the backburner.

I would assume they're looking for the island and want to settle things with Linus.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Didn't "Locke" mention that he found the loophole in the scene with Jacob(or Jacob mentioned it to him)? That pretty much cements that "Locke" is the Man In Black from the pre-credit scene and that Locke is in fact dead, from where I stand.

Your little theory seems a little "out there"...but it is Lost!

Yea I think it's pretty safe to say that "Locke" is the man in black. I think the fact that he's takent he form of a dead man makes even further sense, since it's obvious now that he was posing at Jack's father before that.

When Jack's dad's body arrived on the island, he posed as him to get Locke to return to the island dead, so that he could then mimic Locke, and get even with Jacob.
Guy's a shapeshifter.

Impact!
06-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Correct me if I'm missing anything here:

The story sort of moved away from them since they're back in the real world and everyone else is back on the island.

Still, as far as I can remember Charles is still looking for the island. He still wants to get there. He was in a race to get back against Ben. Ben beat him back, but Charles still has unfinished business there.
I don't imagine he would stop.

Also, Ben tried to kill Penny and Desmond. Obviously this has got to upset Desmond.
Basically, Charles and Desmond now have common interests. They both hate Ben Linus. I think this places them on the same page, and puts their problems on the backburner.

I would assume they're looking for the island and want to settle things with Linus.

Yeah I get all that, I just can't even begin to imagine how that fits into the story now...well next season anyway...

Impact!
06-05-2009, 10:00 PM
So what are your thoughts on free will and fate vs destiny?

Jacob represents free will, other dude represents destiny...Other than that I have no clue

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
I guess they'll just find the island. I would assume Jack and Co. will find their way back to 2007 with Locke, Ben and Sun.
Once Charles and Desmond are there everyone will be in the same place at the same time, which would presumably build to resolution.

But yea, I don't know what role they'll have if and when they get there.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Do you feel the actions and choices of the characters carry flexibility though? I mean, what they do may inevitably yield certain outcomes set forth by destiny, but some of what they do must be up to them. I like to think they are in control of themselves, but not what happens.
For instance, can a character decide to do things on their own terms, but the fate of things around them either allows or disallows their goal to happen.
I think that's closer to how things are, since course correction has been defined within the story.

The other possibility is that every action, thought, and word of theirs is pre-determined. I don't know how I feel about that.

I tend to leads towards the former.

Jeritron
06-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Farady says they are variables and have free will.

I am inclined to believe him. The only thing that makes me question it all is the fact that Jack and Co. were "always" a part of 1977. Even when they were setting up camp and figuring things out in their first stay on the island, their future was presumably already a part of the island's past.
If their destiny is not written, how can this be? Was it a loose path that was certain to happen, but how and why was up to them?
For instance, think of the man in red shoes that Ms. Hawking points out to Desmond. He was destined to die. How he died was irrelevant. That was up to him, and those around him. They had the free will to save his life, or he could change his mind and not go outside that day.
Still, he was going to die.

I think similarly of the characters. They were destined to wind up back in 1977, and while they were there they were destined to become part of Dharma.

Everything else was up to them. If Jack had decided not to take the chopper and try to escape the island, they would have ended up in 1977 some other way.

I guess the analogy is that no matter what they're having pizza for dinner, but they can choose when they're going to have it, and what they want on it.

Was it written that they would arrive in 1977 and do exactly what we're seeing them do now, or was it just certain that they would arrive there, and the details were up to them as people?

thedamndest
06-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I think the Losties' presence in 1977 is slightly different from course correction. Faraday says that they are always part of 1977 and that whatever happens happens. To me, that means everything has already happened down to the detail. From the Losties' point of view in 1977, it is the present as it is for everyone on the island, but they are living it as it actually happened and as it was always going to happen. I think Slaughterhouse Five refers to time measured in this way, as a measurement.

For the most part, we see the characters living their lives without regard to this law, but it does seem to shape the outcome of some events. Some characters say "Oh, what does it matter, it's always going to happen" and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy that the events actually turned out the way they did. I think every detail down to the smallest finger wiggle must have always happened. See: The Laws of Ian Malcolm and Chaos Theory or the Butterfly Effect.

Course Correction seems to be more of a storyline device and I'm not sure if we've seen the last of it or we're going to see a macroscale version of it pertaining to the island as a whole instead of just Charlie/the man in red shoes.

Jeritron
06-06-2009, 03:33 PM
That would mean that everything has always happened then, including their path in 2004.

That means every detail is pre-destined and they have no control over their actions? What's the point in even trying?

Jeritron
06-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Also, I think destiny had decreed that the incident will go off without a hitch, and the hydrogen bomb would not go off.
I feel as though that's why the bomb didn't go off at impact. It was course correction preventing Jack from changing their destiny.
I think Juliet living, and smashing the bomb was an anomaly. I feel as though that "wasn't supposed to happen", and it will change things starting next season.

Of course, logic would say that if the "what happened happened" rules are true, she was originally intended to live and hit that bomb.
I just got the gut feeling from the moment that something exceptional was happening, and she was doing something in which the human spirit and free will was changing destiny. There's no way of knowing that until next year though...
Call it a hunch.

thedamndest
06-07-2009, 03:12 AM
That would mean that everything has always happened then, including their path in 2004.

That means every detail is pre-destined and they have no control over their actions? What's the point in even trying?

You have to remember that it's all relative. In 2004 it's the present for them and they're affecting future events that haven't actually happened yet. So they have free will in the present. But by being transported back to 1977, it's still their present, technically. Those events are pretty much predetermined because the outcomes have always been and will always be due to their presence. They acted the way they did in 1977 partly because they were aware that they were from the future and they were shaping future events, but their was no real way to change them. In trying to save young Ben, they ended up making him an Other. That and every other action in 1977 is immutable. They are seeing the events in a present mind, but the events are actually in the past relative to where they came from. I don't think anything had to be course corrected at all.

CSL
06-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Not really in line with the rest of the thread but I figured I'd post this here since I haven't seen anybody else post it anywhere yet and it's been knocking around for a few days

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ix_bhPq4IQk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ix_bhPq4IQk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Looks like 'Charlie' might be coming back :heart:

RP
06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
beat me to that. I was just about to post that video. And i'm not respecting your spoiler stuff. If people come in here, they should already know. Its funny cause Dempsey says " you're dead! " and Dominic says " Actually i'm lost ! ".

HMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMM

I think everything is gunna start over and they're gunna rewrite the history.

RP
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
ABC is saying that he's joining another series, but i'm skeptical. I think he's coming back. I really really hope he comes back and him and Claire have a better more happy ending. I have to believe that when Sun found Charlies ring in Aarons crib, in the finale, that it meant something. It was so random if not.

RP
06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Here's my crazy theory. I havent even posted this on Lostpedia yet.

In one of the episodes this season, Sun asked about the Losties in the picture. Richard says " I watched them all die ".

I think Richard did with them, what he did with Ben. I think this whole time, the Losties are actually Others. They just dont know it. I think Cindy, the flight attendant, was an Other, before the crash.

RP
06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
That theory will change i'm sure. But right now, thats what i'm working with.

And Richard is my favorite charachter. If they made a spinoff with Richard, i'd watch.

Corporate CockSnogger
06-08-2009, 04:06 PM
beat me to that. I was just about to post that video. And i'm not respecting your spoiler stuff. If people come in here, they should already know. Its funny cause Dempsey says " you're dead! " and Dominic says " Actually i'm lost ! ".

HMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMM

I think everything is gunna start over and they're gunna rewrite the history.

I think he said "Actually I was". Not sure though.

Jeritron
06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
ABC is saying that he's joining another series, but i'm skeptical. I think he's coming back. I really really hope he comes back and him and Claire have a better more happy ending. I have to believe that when Sun found Charlies ring in Aarons crib, in the finale, that it meant something. It was so random if not.

Wasn't too random, other than it marked a realization that he had gone off in preperation to die.
He didn't tell Claire he was planning on dying. He didn't make a fuss, but him leaving the ring was so her and Erin would have something to remember him by.
Sun finding this was pretty much nothing more than an on-screen realization by the beach camp that he was off to sacrifice himself.
I don't think it was anything having to do with a future storyline, rather than it was directed at the audience. That type of device is used in movies/tv all of the time.

Requiem
06-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh man.. if they made a spin-off with Richard, following his life, I would definitely watch it. He is probably one of the most interesting characters on the show to me, because there is so much that we don't know about him. He is always so calm and confident about everything that's going on, and he's just a nice guy in general.

Jeritron
06-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Part of what makes him interesting is how mysterious he is. It's the Boba Fett effect.
If you were to fully flesh out his story in it's own television show, the appeal would start to diminish.

Requiem
06-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I dunno.. I don't see his character being much different, and the way he acts is definitely a large amount of the appeal. Even when it's out of his hands, he always seems in control of a situation. I think seeing how his life has been would be incredibly interesting.

Then again, we might see a lot of that next season, so a spin-off might not even be needed.

Jeritron
06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
That's possible. I think Ben started off very mysterious. He's still awesome, but they've definitely shed a ton of light on him since his first few episodes in season 2.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Saw a promo for Season 6 yesterday

Season 5 came out on dvd today so things are kinda gearing up for season 6.

I saw the news tidbit about William Atherton being cast in an unspecified role.

Loose Cannon
12-08-2009, 02:25 PM
can't freakin wait

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Saw a promo for Season 6 yesterday

Season 5 came out on dvd today so things are kinda gearing up for season 6.

I saw the news tidbit about William Atherton being cast in an unspecified role.Yea I just picked up the $75 collector Dharma Edition. :-\ It was worth it cuz that show is just amazing.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
William Atherton will be playing a teacher with ties to the whole LOST story I have read. Really hope he is called Walter Peck

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I saw those promos from comic con on youtube. Kinda give a good idea of what direction things are going after the "explosion"

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah lots of interesting stuff from the Q&A sessions to read regarding season 6.

One of which I'm looking forward to, a concentrated story focus on what the story, Island and mythology is all about, flashbacks and flash forwards being sidelined for proper 'lets get down to it' wtf is going on shit.

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
So do you think we'll see a lot of old familiar faces this season or do you think they'll say fuck it and keep most of them off the show?

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I think they released a poster and lots of people like Charlie, Boone, Ana Lucia, Michael and others were on it.

I dunno. I don't really want to be spoiled, but I think most of the characters who've died or whatever will be back in some form. Whether thats flashbacks or something supernatural I dunno

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 03:12 PM
A fair few people are coming back apparently; Charlie, Shannon, Boone so I have read/heard.

Its hard to decide how or in what capacity this will happen.

The first episode is apparantly in two parts entitled 'LA X' I & II, this suggests a few things that could/could not be happening. One obvious conclusion is that the bomb theory does work, and the plane does indeed land in LA, and with people like Shannon and Boone being brought back, its very possible we will see what happens when the plane lands. However, this would mean they ALL should/would land, but I doubt they will have things like Jin & Sun being reunited right at the start.

Then there's things to think about like, 'will they remember everything' if they don't and they all do land at LA, this is kinda shit because it means they have to once again get back and get to grips with what's going on, and get back to the Island once again (I refuse to believe this show's last season and story will be resolved off-Island).

It also means though 'dead' characters will be able to return, and things like Desmond will still be back on the Island already. But I doubt they will go down that route either as it will be very unlikely every single character who was part of the previous series of events will be available to film.

I really don't know what way they are going to go, but I think if anything, various past characters will return but not in a big way. I really don't know.

Alls I know is that after 6 years of loving and getting into the character of John Locke, and to have his character's beliefs squashed, finding out his destiny is nothing but being part of a game between two supernatural entities (Jacob and his enemy; Un-Locke, Flocke, the Man in Black)

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't feel like Locke has been squashed or cheapened at all. He was used by Jacob's enemy but that's not him. It's just a little hiatus for the real John Locke. He just used his body. He presumably did the same thing with Jack's dad for a while.

I think the real Locke will be back and stronger than ever. Last we saw of him they dumped his real body on the beach right? So we just found out that wasn't really him. The real deal will be back.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah that's another thing, he didn't actually use Locke's body, and yet Christian's body wasn't in the coffin Jack put him in, nor was his body found.

This whole business of dead people turning up is a big deal since we don't know who or what is using them as representation; when Ben told Un-Locke that Alex/Smoke monster told him he had to do EXACTLY what Un-Locke said, he was genuinely surprised, that's why I don't think the smoke monster is on the 'bad side', as he was surprised. I think the smoke monster is a kind of in-betweener tool/entity for both Jacob and Un-Locke to use or have part of their plan.

Theres a lot to get through; 'Christian' has been showing Locke what to do, for a reason, yet Jacob's cabin; someone else has been using it, and he hasn't been there in a long time. Christian could very well be represented for Un-Locke's plan to become a success. Yet Clair was obviously kept close to him, did he do that because it his daughter? or because Un-Locke didn't want her to raise Aarron? the exact opposite of what they medium told her needed to happen? making it an evil plan?

Then you have representations of Eko's brother, Libby, Ana Lucia, Charlie - its hard to gauge who or what each 'representative's' motives are.

If the bomb theory worked, then Locke will be alive, in his only body, since they never would've crashed. Unless they only take the people in 1977 back to 'present' LA 2004. Which is a way to get around it etc, and have them retain the memories of what they have been to.

Oh yeah, I also believe he has yet to be shown his true destiny, and win out in the end somehow as the real John Locke, but still, hell of a revelation.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't feel like Locke has been squashed or cheapened at all. He was used by Jacob's enemy but that's not him. It's just a little hiatus for the real John Locke. He just used his body. He presumably did the same thing with Jack's dad for a while.

Obviously he is part of a big plan, not a plan exclusive to Un-Locke, as Jacob himself resurrected him.

It's just part of Jacob's enemy finding his loophole, only became a success because of the path Locke took while on the island - every time he spoke to Island, everything he did, it was for two end results - so Jacob's enemy could find his loophole, take over Locke's body, have someone of free will Kill Jacob, but also so Jacob's 'team' ('They're coming') could detonate the bomb and have his enemies presence known (Locke's body).

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
If the bomb theory worked, it will have reset things for the people in 1977. That will be fine since their story doesn't have loose ends.

But the group of people in modern times on the island (un-Locke, Richard, Ben, Jacob, etc.) seemed to still have unfinished business. Things were just heating up with them at the statue. The last we heard "they're coming". I still think there's ground to cover with them in that time period. So maybe that timeline will continue to be covered, while a new "reset" timeline is explored for the 1977 crew.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah see, I get and understand that, but I don't think I like it.

I mean what will happen with Jin & Sun? Not that I care, but like will Jin just land, be on his own, just go on without knowing or having his wife? What about Juliet? She detonated the bomb, but by that logic, she will be back on the Island??! I dunno.

And just how will Locke come back?

So many questions. So much time to wait.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't think their 1977 "reset" will work. It will change things for a while but I think they'll end up back on the Island and reunited with everyone. How and why that will happen, I don't know.
I just think it will be like the oceanic six. They can run but they can't hide. Something will warp them back to the reality of the island as we've always known it, with Locke, Sun, Richard, Ben and all that stuff going on with Jacob and the statue.

Of course I don't know that. It's just my theory.

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I still think that the 2 skeletons they found in that cave in season 1 will end up being Rose and Bernard.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Yea that makes the most sense. Who knows though, it could end up being Jack and Kate

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Or Jack and Sawyer? Maybe Kate played them both and handcuffed them together? Fuck I don't want to wait another month for this. It's bad enough Heroes and FlashForward are both gone until March.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
It's a male and female skeleton though. Locke called them The Island's own Adam and Eve

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah that's a old theory, with the stones in their hands etc.

It would back up an old theory of mine - that it wasn't Desmond's fault that actually bought them to the Island when he let the counter run to 0 in the hatch. It was the smoke monster, which many think represents 'course correction'. As in they WERE MEANT to crash. Also, if you listen to the sounds of wreckage falling on the Season 2 episode where the Tailie's story is told, the monster sound is clearly being heard. ALSO, I can't find it, but someone has filtered the frames of footage when Jack covers Claire from an explosion on the beach on the first episode, and it looks like the plane just explodes, but a black cloud is clearly visible swooping down on the plane as it explodes.

Maybe they do indeed simply crash again, and find their remains from the fallout of the bomb; but then the new episode is entitled LA X!?!

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM
It's a male and female skeleton though. Locke called them The Island's own Adam and Eve
I know. I don't think the show would make it's 2 leading males gay, let alone kill them both off. Besides, we have to get the satisfaction of Sawyer finally meeting Clementine and having the happy ending we know he's going to.

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Maybe they will start the season with a What If story?

Supreme Olajuwon
12-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Very happy about the prospects of Clare and Charlie coming back. Kinda bummed out that Ana Lucia might come too.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah that's a old theory, with the stones in their hands etc.

It would back up an old theory of mine - that it wasn't Desmond's fault that actually bought them to the Island when he let the counter run to 0 in the hatch. It was the smoke monster, which many think represents 'course correction'. As in they WERE MEANT to crash. Also, if you listen to the sounds of wreckage falling on the Season 2 episode where the Tailie's story is told, the monster sound is clearly being heard. ALSO, I can't find it, but someone has filtered the frames of footage when Jack covers Claire from an explosion on the beach on the first episode, and it looks like the plane just explodes, but a black cloud is clearly visible swooping down on the plane as it explodes.

Maybe they do indeed simply crash again, and find their remains from the fallout of the bomb; but then the new episode is entitled LA X!?!

Hmmm. I've never thought of the smoke monster that way but that's interesting.

I don't know if they'll simply crash again but I think it's safe to say that whatever happens, they're all going to end up reunited and on the island. Whatever they do with things before that is just going to be leading up to that

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Claire just kinda disappeared in season 5 and I was like WTFH? I just hope to see Mr. Eko and Charlie. Don't too much care for anyone else who died. As long as we don't see Niki and Paolo again. :shifty:

Supreme Olajuwon
12-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Also, how cute that they're bringing it back on Groundhog's Day. Dunno if that's foreshadowing or what

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Maybe the tide eroded the sand and somehow Nikki & Paulo's skeletons ended up in the caves lol

Claire going AWOL, def going to have something to do with Christian and Aarron not being raised by her. I don't really care for her though.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Am I the only one who isn't a Charlie fan? I mean, I thought he was interesting during the first season or so, but once his backstory had been told he was kind of boring to me.
I thought the timing and manner of his death was perfect.

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Maybe the tide eroded the sand and somehow Nikki & Paulo's skeletons ended up in the caves lol

:y:

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I can't think of a good reason for Ana Lucia to come back. I marked out when Michael killed her and Libby. It was such a 'two birds with one stone' moment

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Nikki and Paulo will end up being the key to the entire Lost mythology. What a swerve that would be

Supreme Olajuwon
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
The skeletons are supposed to be the thing that ties the show together at the end. I doubt they'd waste that big reveal on Rose and Bernard.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I think there's a lot of other things that are supposed to tie it all together

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
The skeletons are supposed to be the thing that ties the show together at the end. I doubt they'd waste that big reveal on Rose and Bernard.

Who else could they put there? Boone and Shannon? Say that Shannon decided she liked Boone back so they died happily together in a cave? I dunno. Rose and Bernard seems like the safe bet, but that's the joy of Lost, you never know.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I think the mystery still surrounding the nature of Jacob and his enemy, and the smoke monster, are bigger questions

Supreme Olajuwon
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I think there's a lot of other things that are supposed to tie it all together
yeah but the producers said they put the skeletons with the stones there on purpose so that they could prove they had the whole show planned from the start, and weren't just making it up as they went along

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Also, what's the story on Walt? Isn't he supposed to be important?

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Am I the only one who isn't a Charlie fan? I mean, I thought he was interesting during the first season or so, but once his backstory had been told he was kind of boring to me.
I thought the timing and manner of his death was perfect.

I was never satisfied with his whole ending. He knew/wanted to die because he was told, and going by the show's logic (kinda) that IF he died, Claire and Aaron would be rescued, or at the very least, put onto a helicopter off the Island. Not only did he die, and that not happen, but the SECOND he found out that the boat wasn't there for the reasons he was told, that flash of the future should've rendered bad, since the supposed helicopter would not necessarily mean rescue.

I think the real reason why Claire was AWOL for a lot of season 5 was because of the actress's real life commitments, which in the past has been a reason for the story to be altered or have some plot holes.

Jeritron
can we form a list of "important shit that needs to be covered"

Ermaximus
No doubt. This whole show is honestly revolving around 2 entities that nobody honestly could see except for a select few. It all ties back to Walt and Locke playing Othello (or was it Backgammon?) and the whole contrast between light and darkness ordeal. I just want to see how the hell the 2 of them ever came to be there in the first place.

thedamndest
12-08-2009, 04:18 PM
If they bring Ana Lucia back I can't wait until they kill her again.

Supreme Olajuwon
12-08-2009, 04:19 PM
If it all ends up being Hurley's imagination, I'll be unhappy.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Jacob, his enemy, the Island, Richard and what the show is all about - will be the focus of season 6 imo.

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
can we form a list of "important shit that needs to be covered"

We should.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
- Jacob and his enemy
- Richard's ability to not age
- Walt's "gifts"
- the smoke monster
- the skeletons
- the numbers. why was Hurley's friend repeating them?
-
-
-

thedamndest
12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
The statue
The donkey wheel

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Is there still uncertainty over why Charles Whidmore wants the island, and how and why Dharma was there?

Again, I have to rewatch seasons 4 and 5 before 6

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Its so cool that all the little things from even the first season are so important.

I remember what Locke said to Walt when they played Backgammon the first time,

'Two sides.....one is light....one is dark...' so significant.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
The statue
The donkey wheel

the statue definitely. I think it indicates an ancient civilization on the island though. There's a lot of temple shit on the island. I guess the powers of the Island/Jacob were there God or something to that effect.

The donkey wheel was obviously man made. That's a good point. I just kind of accepted that it was a part of the island but it obviously got there somehow. But how?

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Why did Ben steal Rouseau's baby
How long had the island folk been there before Dharma arrived
What is Dharma's real objective in all of this

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
On the subject of Polar Bears...

we now know that the polar bears were just test subjects from the Dharma installation. We saw their cages, and apparently at least one of them travelled through time and came out in the desert.
But is that all there is to it? They were just using polar bears as guinea pigs and adapting them to tropical weather?
Do we know why? Why polar bears?

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:27 PM
On the subject of Polar Bears...

we now know that the polar bears were just test subjects from the Dharma installation. We saw their cages, and apparently at least one of them travelled through time and came out in the desert.
But is that all there is to it? They were just using polar bears as guinea pigs and adapting them to tropical weather?
Do we know why? Why polar bears?

Hopefully Charolette can explain this.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Why did Ben steal Rouseau's baby
How long had the island folk been there before Dharma arrived
What is Dharma's real objective in all of this

1 - I think he genuinely wanted to go against his former boss (Charles) to save a life, what with his own experiences of his mother being taken from him.

2 - Unknown

3 - Think DHARMA simply wanted to experiment and harness the unique geological and supernatural properties on the Island. I doubt they knew of its real supernatural significance and importance.

thedamndest
12-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure if we'll get any more on the donkey wheel. It feels like a lot of things are kind of left to the imagination in terms of how they actually work. We know that there is a large source of energy underground and we know that there is a wheel in the wall. At some point someone figured out that they could stick the wheel in the wall and it would cause the island to move while transporting the turner to Africa.

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
That damn Dharma Initiative. Buncha sneaky bastards. I hope we get to see Radzinksy blow his brains out this season.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:32 PM
It makes sense that Dharma just wanted to experiment and study the island. The real question is, how did they know about the island and how did they find it?

It's not like "the island" is just known to the world like The Amazon and The Congo, and you can just go there and study it.
Someone or something had to inform them about it and allow them to get there.

Same goes for that Army team with Whidmore. Was that US or UK army? Were they there by accident or were they on a specific government mission?

thedamndest
12-08-2009, 04:32 PM
How did the Black Rock get to the center of the island and who was on it?

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Richard was. Other than that I would just assume a bunch of sailors who didn't get his gift and died.

They tell us a little about the black rock in an episode where we see a painting of it being auctioned off. I don't remember what year it went missing, but they tell that. 1800s. They also explain that it was either a slave or spice ship or something. Again, I forget.

How it got to the center of the Island? Beats me. I guess I just chalked it up to wierdness and assumed it was a tidal wave or something

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
It makes sense that Dharma just wanted to experiment and study the island. The real question is, how did they know about the island and how did they find it?

It's not like "the island" is just known to the world like The Amazon and The Congo, and you can just go there and study it.
Someone or something had to inform them about it and allow them to get there.

Same goes for that Army team with Whidmore. Was that US or UK army? Were they there by accident or were they on a specific government mission?
One would assume that someone from the island told others maybe?

How did the Black Rock get to the center of the island and who was on it?

As for how it got in the middle of the island, maybe a hurricane or perhaps there used to be a tributary that flowed through the jungle and perhaps the ship was washed out there?

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:39 PM
No she was part of the French crew. They were only there 16 years before the passengers of 815.

The Black Rock was from the 1800s and Richard was on it. I'm pretty sure. Like I said, I intend on rewatching seasons 4 and 5 soon.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_black_rock

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:42 PM
No she was part of the French crew. They were only there 16 years before the passengers of 815.

The Black Rock was from the 1800s and Richard was on it. I'm pretty sure. Like I said, I intend on rewatching seasons 4 and 5 soon.

I edited that. :)

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:43 PM
DHARMA's founder/sponsor was ALVAR HANSO, of the HANSO foundtation and family. The same family who owned the log book of The Black Rock (It wasn't a painting being auctioned, it was a log book).

Also, if you decode the blast door map, the site of the black rock is also listed as being the final resting place of someone called Hanso.

There is a connection, yet its not fully visable yet.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Richard was not on the Black Rock. Not according to anything stated on the show so far. I don't know why I thought that. I guess it was something I must have thought up myself, and remembered as fact.
With so much going on in the show it's easily to occasionally get mixed up

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:45 PM
He could have been though...

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:47 PM
There is more to Richard than we truly know, that's for sure.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
An episode containing backstory on Richard would answer a lot of questions about a lot of things

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Think there will be more than a single back story, like several.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hopefully

Ermaximus
12-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm all for that Jeritron!

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Just found out the translation between Richard at the end of season 5 with the people who had Locke's real body.

'What lies in the shadow of the statue?'

Richard's reply translates as 'He who will save us'.

Its not Jacob they are referring to, it's Locke :D

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Makes sense considering Richard has always been very concerned with Locke. He visited him as an infant, a child, and a teen to attempt recruiting him.
Then he helped him several times while the island was time travelling.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but when he was talking to Jack about Locke, he mentioned that he didn't see anything special in him when he visited him.

Whoever Richard is, and whatever he does with or for Jacob, he, like Ben and Widmore, I think are not completely sure either as to the size of importance as to what's going on and how important Locke and his friends are to the Island and the upcoming revelations.

Jeritron
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
No clue why Richard has always had short hair, except when young Ben ran into him and he had long hair. Seems random since we saw him in years prior to that with his normal short hair.
Doesn't seem like a "huge deal". Maybe just an oversight by the creators.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-08-2009, 05:42 PM
So I bought the Lost S5 today, but I picked up the special one instead.

Instead of being a regular DVD box set, it's an orientation packet for the Dharma Initiative. It's got some pamphlets, fliers, a VHS cassette (yes, a REAL one), and several Dharma patches (the Lighthouse, the Cafeteria, Security, and the Submarine one).

It was like 30 bucks more, but I'm not regretting it at all. Even the DVD's come in paper cases that look like old school floppy disks. Pretty awesome stuff.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I bought the DHARMA Box set for season 1,2,3

Gonna wait for all season box set is released. Long time away but still.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Shit, that exists?

I might have to get in on that action. The Dharma thing is awesome to me.

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I got my mate into LOST, he works as a chef, he's planning on getting the DHARMA Chef badge and stitching it onto his kitchen whites lol.

XL
12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I've started rewatching in anticipation of Season 6.

One more question...anyone remember the bird that "calls Hurley's name"? What was that about!?

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Ah yeah, 'The Hurley Bird'.

Not too sure about it, could be something, could be nothing. Was a big bird, and without him pointing it out, I doubt we would think or know it said his name.

There are a few things to do with animals on the Island - Kate's horse (although there was a farm at The Flame), Nadia the cat (Sayid), Locke telling a story to two people I forget about a family member being reincarnated into an animal, the dog picture in Jacob's cabin.

Dunno, nothing to suggest that theres anything with animals or anything.

Hanso Amore
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I didnt know I was such a big part of the show.

My guess on the black rock....It was sailing wherever and the Island was moved via the wheel and landed right where the rock was.

Possibly the same thing with the Army and A-bomb?

Jeritron
12-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Well you can see The Black Rock approaching the island in the last episode of season 5. It's sailing off shore and Jacob and his enemy talk about it.
His enemy mentions that they'll crash and destroy eachother just like everyone else has. Jacob says that every new group makes progress. Presumably this means that Oceanic 815 is one in a line of groups, and "the end" of some ongoing experiment or trial.

I don't know, the whole Jacob vs his enemy thing, and what they say about island visitors is beside the point. Either way The Black Rock is sailing towards the island while they're talking.

Perhaps whatever shipwrecks The Black Rock so far inland is the same event that causes the statue to be left with just the foot

Hanso Amore
12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Cloverfield?

Hanso Amore
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Could somehow blowing up the hatch destroy the statue? Some sort of way to show that what they do has already influenced the future? I dunno.

Jeritron
12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Do you mean the hatch exploding in season 2, or them blowing up the construction site (hypothetically) at the end of season 5?

Jon Kano
12-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I have a crazy ass hunch that whatever maroons the Black Rock inland, it happens and is because of whatever destroys/takes away the statue.

Jeritron
12-09-2009, 03:26 PM
That's a crazy ass hunch! Good thing I didn't post it

Sixx
12-10-2009, 01:06 AM
This show is confusing as hell. I watched a bit of some episode some time ago, and this bald guy gave another guy a gun and told him that he's gonna walk out of some bushes in few minutes and ordered that he shoots him. I had no idea what that was all about, but in fact he walked out. Also, they were talking about being form future and some guy was another's father even though they were like same age. No idea what it's all about, but I never got the hype about that show.

Jeritron
12-10-2009, 01:11 AM
You can't just watch a random episode from the middle of the show and know whats going on. Would you pick up a book and start on chapter 10?

Sixx
12-10-2009, 01:16 AM
You can't just watch a random episode from the middle of the show and know whats going on. Would you pick up a book and start on chapter 10?

That actually depends. Some shows you can watch no matter where you start from. And yeah, I watched the first episode and it didn't interest me a bit.

Then my friend told me that theye were supposedly on a desert island, then found out there were others liviing there, and eventually even found a city there. Fucked up.

Jeritron
12-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Yea some shows you can watch no matter where they start from. Some you can't. Lost is continuous. Every episode is tied to the one before it, and leads into the next.

There's just subtle differences between a show like Lost and a show like The Office

Requiem
12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Probably my main complaint about people that 'hate on' this show. Like, most of them bitch because it doesn't make sense, and they watched an episode here or there and it didn't look interesting, or it looked stupid. Hell, I did that before I started watching it.

Well that's because just as Jeritron said, you CAN'T do that with LOST. You have to watch it from the beginning, and you have to watch more than one episode to get involved in it. Once you do, you realize you can't stop watching.

Now is a good time to get started too, because the 6th and final season begins in February. So you could go through most of it without having to wait for new episodes, which is IMO the worst part about watching the show.. having to wait.

Jon Kano
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
A typical story shape could been seen as a line, from start finish.

Another could be a circle, starts with the ending etc.

LOST is pretty much a '8' shape.

RP
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I really want to know what happend to the Degroots and Hanso

XL
01-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Feb? Feb!

I was under the impression that Season 6 started this month!!

RP
01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Febuary 2nd, unless Obama has his way.

XL
01-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Is he that big of a fan he wants to bring it forward?

Jon Kano
01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
OK...not long now...

Think I'll post my theories and thoughts nearer the air date.

Pretty obvious why they have not released ANY new footage of the new season, kinda prefer it that way.

ALTHOUGH...

There is ONE FRAME of new footage on their newest promo, most people prob missed it as did i, here it is....

http://www.sl-lost.com/claire_badass.jpg

Jon Kano
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Just got a semi, this looks fucking amazing...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/elscvYI3wZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/elscvYI3wZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Was is just me or did the Man in Black look like Survivor's Richard Hatch? It's fitting since Lost is like Survivor trapped on an island with hatches.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
It's probably been said already, but the relationship between Jacob/Man in Black is the same deal with Ben and Widmore since they both can't kill one another.

RP
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I havent read many spoilers

Corporate CockSnogger
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah pretty much can't wait.

Gotta watch it online wednesday morning being over here in the UK. Getting up pretty handy to watch it.

Jon Kano
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
From the preview, there are already loads of images I like the look of...

- The Temple - where the rest of the others are situated looks very interesting, esp with that Eastern bloke turning the sand timer upside down.

- The smoke monster attacking inside Jacob's 'tomb'.

- Flocke picking up the white stone off the scales.

- Sawyer?...someone climbing that ladder and falling.

I prefer to watch it on my big TV, but I'm always out on Friday nights when its being shown in the UK so gonna keep watching it on Sundays repeat.

Fignuts
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
i just want to know what the hell the black smoke is, exactly, and how Richard is seemingly immortal. i agree with kano that Jacob is probably someone we already know.

Jon Kano
02-02-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure if I now think Jacob is actually 'someone else', rather he/it/whatever/whoever is, is able to be represented in the form of someone who is dead.

Smoke Monster is a tough one, big time. Seems be to in the middle of good and bad so far. It is some kind of good/evil stabiliser or equilibrium measure or something.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
That whole thing with Jack being all "Why is my name written down on this?" seems quite interesting.

Impact!
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Awesome

Jon Kano
02-02-2010, 10:06 AM
That whole thing with Jack being all "Why is my name written down on this?" seems quite interesting.

Could be another link to the whole 'list' thing, but probably has much much more significance. Its obvious 'a war is coming' and Jack, along with Hurley, Kate etc are picked for one side, maybe.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
It was also good to see Sayid still alive, although I do still think he will be one of the ones to be killed off. His story seems more or less complete imo.

Jon Kano
02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
He's in the trailer, and it looks like some Eastern guy is about to burn his gunshot wound shut.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Yep

XL
02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Cannot. Wait.

Sadly, I live in the UK and will have to wait til tomorrow (My net connection better not fuck up!)

On the plus side, gives me enough time to re-watch episodes 11-17 of Season 5.

Did I mention that I can't wait?

RP
02-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Great stuff. This last season better have a ton of Jack/ John scenes or i will be pissed. All there scenes thru out the series have been amazing.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
First episode was pretty uneventful but they needed a good setup. Second episode was fucking awesome.

Why was Desmond on the plane? God dammit I hate this show so much.

Lock Jaw
02-02-2010, 11:27 PM
This show makes less and less sense.

Champion of Europa
02-02-2010, 11:29 PM
I was pretty happy with this, overall. I'm really interested to see where this Locke as the Man in Black thing goes and what the deal with Sayid is.

Also, for those who havent seen this:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9p4AwxgDKlA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9p4AwxgDKlA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sure it's in Spanish, but fuck.

thedamndest
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
At first I thought the plane sequence was a dream. Now I am thinking it is an alternate reality that was created when the bomb went off. Perhaps the ultimate goal of this season is to get to the alternate reality.

Shaggy
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
The only think I can make of the Alternate Reality is....

Almost everyone who wanted off the island is being shown that their life was gonna be horrible if the plane never crashed... Only upside is the one man who didnt want off the island...Locke...is actually told by Jack that there might be a way to fix his spine for him to walk again.

RP
02-02-2010, 11:44 PM
First episode was pretty uneventful but they needed a good setup. Second episode was fucking awesome.

Why was Desmond on the plane? God dammit I hate this show so much.

Better question. Where the fuck did Desmond go????? ( Time traveling maybe??? )

Jeritron
02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
I thought it was tremendous. More puzzle peices obviously, but very satisfying.

I don't think there's any doubt that it's an alternate reality. I don't know where that alternate reality will go, but it's clear that some forces are at work that are causing the characters to intertwine regardless of being off the island. Fate.
Interested to see how the differences occured (like Hurley having good luck and Shannon not being on the plane).

They had stated this summer that there would be a whole new format in the style of the flashbacks, flashforwards, and time travel in the previous seasons. Looks like it's going to be the alternate reality.
They also said that this would go on for only half the season, and it would all come together eventually, causing the entire show to become linear for the first time leading into the finale.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
The hidden society of the temple blew my mind. So glad this show continues to refrain from taking the easy way out and introduce great new twists.
Looks like we're getting really close to some explanation on Richard. The Man in Black mentioned him being free from his chains, so I think I may have been onto something with my theory that he came to the Island on the Black Rock.

One thing I'm a bit confused about, but I'm sure will get cleared up:
The Man in Black (clone Locke) is now revealed to also be The Smokemonster, in addition to being able to imitate dead people.
Well, in the Temple City they're afraid of him and are trying to keep him out.
This is curious because we saw The Monster entering and exiting the temple. One time it was killing the French team. Rosseau called it a security system for said temple.

So, presumably, he was either part of that community, or under their control. What happened there? How did he go from protecting the place to being a threat?

RBM
02-03-2010, 12:05 AM
I know they don't have a crazy budget to spend on special effects, but that was some truly awful CGI tonight.

Oh well. Fun stuff. Alternate realities and Egyptian lore and whatnot.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 12:05 AM
The only think I can make of the Alternate Reality is....

Almost everyone who wanted off the island is being shown that their life was gonna be horrible if the plane never crashed... Only upside is the one man who didnt want off the island...Locke...is actually told by Jack that there might be a way to fix his spine for him to walk again.

How are they being shown this though? It's not like the versions of them who land safely in the alternate reality have the same consciousness as the versions of them who have experienced everything on the island in the original reality.
Unless deja vu and funny feelings turn into something more, there is no shared consciousness. That's the whole deal with it being an alternate reality. There's no connection there yet, so it's not like Jack's going to say "this suck I wish we still crashed."

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
I dunno. Hurley's life seems to be better. And Boone's obviously better off not being on the island since, you know, he's not dead.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I wonder what Jacob's incarnation was all about. Cause we know the Monster can imitate the dead and we know Hurley sees dead people.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 12:45 AM
That too

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Great interview with Damen Lindelof on Kimmel right now.

Kimmel was naming off things from tonights episode and they were revealing if it was intended or just coincidence.

Michael and Walt not being on the plane.."fate"

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2010, 12:59 AM
The hidden society of the temple blew my mind. So glad this show continues to refrain from taking the easy way out and introduce great new twists.
Looks like we're getting really close to some explanation on Richard. The Man in Black mentioned him being free from his chains, so I think I may have been onto something with my theory that he came to the Island on the Black Rock.

One thing I'm a bit confused about, but I'm sure will get cleared up:
The Man in Black (clone Locke) is now revealed to also be The Smokemonster, in addition to being able to imitate dead people.
Well, in the Temple City they're afraid of him and are trying to keep him out.
This is curious because we saw The Monster entering and exiting the temple. One time it was killing the French team. Rosseau called it a security system for said temple.

So, presumably, he was either part of that community, or under their control. What happened there? How did he go from protecting the place to being a threat?

And remember the monster was in the Temple when Ben was judged. Maybe the monster had a truce not to disturb the temple while Jacob was alive. And now he's dead the people know the truce is over

Shaggy
02-03-2010, 01:02 AM
How are they being shown this though? It's not like the versions of them who land safely in the alternate reality have the same consciousness as the versions of them who have experienced everything on the island in the original reality.
Unless deja vu and funny feelings turn into something more, there is no shared consciousness. That's the whole deal with it being an alternate reality. There's no connection there yet, so it's not like Jack's going to say "this suck I wish we still crashed."

Maybe more of a Irony thing being shown to the audience.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Also what the fuck happened to Widmore? He's just gone. Was a huge part of the story and now doesn't even matter.

Lock Jaw
02-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I have a theory that says Richard used to be one of these secret temple people, and that they are are all like Richard. Richard got exiled somehow and stuff. Or something.

I say this because only Richard really seemed to know what was up with the firecracker, while the other Others looked confused.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 01:05 AM
I think its a mixed bag. Some have better lives, some worse. Either way, fate causes certain things to happen no matter what.

Fate vs Free Will is what it's all about

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Also what the fuck happened to Widmore? He's just gone. Was a huge part of the story and now doesn't even matter.

There was no part where I felt his absence. He's just not a part of the story currently.
Where was he missing?

He had no story obligations going into tonights episode, and given the current points in both realities, he just isn't a factor.
I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him, but even if we have he's served his part. Just like the Dharma folks. They weren't involved in tonights episode and they dominated the last season.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2010, 01:09 AM
WHATEVER I hate this show. Never watching it again

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 01:10 AM
The Island won't allow that

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Just thought of something...

When Jack, Kate, Jin, Sawyer, Sayid and Hurley travlled back to present time from 1977 thanks to the bomb detonating, somehow a Dharma bus came with them.
Boy, that was convenient

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 01:26 AM
I have a theory that says Richard used to be one of these secret temple people, and that they are are all like Richard. Richard got exiled somehow and stuff. Or something.

I say this because only Richard really seemed to know what was up with the firecracker, while the other Others looked confused.

Well, possibly but I don't think he'd be an exile since he has come and gone into the temple a few times.
At least once that I can think about off hand, with young Ben.

Maybe he was sent to monitor the others, who are another branch of that society.

Lux
02-03-2010, 02:17 AM
kinda sad its the 'final season'

Corporate CockSnogger
02-03-2010, 03:59 AM
When Fake Locke said "good to see you out of your chains" to Richard, I kinda got the feeling he was referring to him being free of the immortality thing. Like maybe now that Jacob's dead Richard ages regularly.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-03-2010, 04:00 AM
Oh and yeah I agree that while things started a bit slower, they have set the scene for the entire season now and things can only get better from here. Can't wait to see how this all pans out.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 04:00 AM
very estute observation

XL
02-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Can anyone PM a link to a download/torrent/stream? Every link I have found goes to a MegaVideo stream which manages to fuck up after about a minute.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 06:30 AM
I got one. Top secret place you can watch the whole thing in high quality

www.abc.com

Supreme Olajuwon
02-03-2010, 06:56 AM
I don't believe ABC's videos work outside the US

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 07:08 AM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/

Good read for anyone interested

Buzzkill
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
So was the temple society on the island the whole time? I've forgotten a lot of what's been said in the past seasons recently, just sort of too much for my head

Are they the anti-others?

Also, is this going to be evil-Sayeed? The way I interpreted it was that "Jacob" who told Hurley to take him to the temple was just the man in black using Jacob's figure.

Fucking wild.

RP
02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
So was the temple society on the island the whole time? I've forgotten a lot of what's been said in the past seasons recently, just sort of too much for my head

Are they the anti-others?

Also, is this going to be evil-Sayeed? The way I interpreted it was that "Jacob" who told Hurley to take him to the temple was just the man in black using Jacob's figure.

Fucking wild.

no, Hurley can see dead people. Jacob was dead. No one else could see him. I'm pretty sure that was Jacob.

Buzzkill
02-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah that's what I figured at first, but being LOST, didn't think it could be that simple.

Crazy how it really is all a big chess game. The two kings can't kill the other, thus evil Jacob using Ben to do the deed. Everyone is a pawn.

Also really liked them highlighting the theme of coercion vs. free will (evil Jacob didn't force Ben to do anything, but was it still Ben's free will?)

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Guys

You keep mentioning the bomb going off.

I dont think it did. They flashed right then and instead. This lead to the hatch still being built and really nothing stopping, as well as them still crashing. Nothing was changed. Everything happened as it should for them, and htey just returned to their time.

I think the alternate reality is jus that, but not a direct result of that exact realities plane not crashing. Its like a red herring. This explains why Shannon wasnt on the plane, why Locke went on his walkabout, why Desmond was on the plane and why Hurley calls himself the luckiest man alive (No curse)

Two Unrelated timelines

Crash - Time Travel - Return as we have seen.

Everyone has a different life and lands fine in LA. Their lives before and after the crash are different.

Im calling that as the major twist.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Another reason the events werent prevented...The coffin is missing...in the 1st reality it was on the plane, so even if they didnt crash it would be on there. Plus the island was under water...we will see.

OR Better yet

Whatever happens this season will create the alternate timeline where the island is under water.

So the real cause of the alternate reality is yet to happen, so it will be a twist since we think it was because of the bomb. Maybe the story will truly end with that as the result.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
The ideas are flowing.

JAcob touched each of the losties as some point.

The note said Sayid "cannot die". I think that means that they have to protect each lostie from death.

Why?

While jacob was killed by Ben, he imprinted himself on all the losties. As long as they all live, so does he. He is not truly gone, and the war is not over.

I love this show, it just makes you think of your own crazy ideas.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 01:24 PM
More to support my idea that the event that changes realities happens later:

Maybe the end this war of Jacob and the man in black, thus the island sinks as it has no use since the "game" is over. Then no Dharma, no hatch, no numbers, Desmond doesnt crash there, so that explains why he is on the plane.

Ill stop spamming now

Buzzkill
02-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Guys

You keep mentioning the bomb going off.

I dont think it did. They flashed right then and instead. This lead to the hatch still being built and really nothing stopping, as well as them still crashing. Nothing was changed. Everything happened as it should for them, and htey just returned to their time.
I gathered that the bomb DID go off. They weren't building the hatch when they blew it up, and it was the detonation of the bomb itself that was the "incident" that necessitated the hatch being built

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I gathered that the bomb DID go off. They weren't building the hatch when they blew it up, and it was the detonation of the bomb itself that was the "incident" that necessitated the hatch being built

Not true. They were building the hatch. Remember, when Hurley arrived with Miles to the site BEFORE the incident, they watched the door with the numbers be chiseled and put into place.

redoneja
02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Dunno. Maybe the bomb went off at the same time simultaneously with a time flash and this created an alternate reality in which Oceanic 815 never crashes, yet leaves the "original" characters in the "original" timeline.

Also, too early to tell because there's no evidence, but maybe "Sayid" is now Jacob, sorta like how "Locke" is the Man in Black.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Radinzski and Cheng often call it the "Swan"

Plus this

Construction of the Swan began sometime before July of 1977 and Radzinsky was seen with full blueprints of the station and a survey map when he was stationed at the Flame that same year. Radzinsky's goal was to manipulate electromagnetism through experiments at the station, believing the results would fundamentally change the world. According to Pierre Chang, the Swan project was "confidential" as the station was located inside Hostile territory. The station's existence needed to be kept secret per the stipulations of The Truce forbidding deep drilling.

During the construction of the station, one worker was killed when one of his dental fillings was pulled through his forehead by a huge electromagnetic force. Another worker at the construction site was seen hammering the Numbers into the station's hatch, although their significance is unknown. ("Some Like It Hoth") ("Namaste") ("The Incident, Parts 1 & 2") When Daniel Faraday returned to the Island in 1977, he immediately warned Pierre Chang that continued drilling would lead to a release of a highly unstable energy, causing the Incident. ("The Variable")

redoneja
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
The woman that identified Jack and Co when they arrived in the temple as people from Flight 815 is the flight attendant right? The one that gives Jack the rest of the bottle of liquor and then gets him to help when Charlie is almost dead in the lavatory.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
The Stewardess was in an episode of season 3 in the Other's work camp on the Smaller Island, and told Jack that they were here to watch. So, I don't think the Temple people are anti-others.

Ben wanted Alex, Danielle and Carl to make it to that temple before being gunned down by Keamy's merks.

Buzzkill
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
At the same time though, Richard doesn't know where the flare came from or why it was fire, which indicates to me they're a separate group

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Who says he doesnt know? He sees it and gets shaken and turns around into Fake Locke. I think he knew what it meant, and it scared him.

Buzzkill
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Suppose you're probably right, the more I think about it.

Just seems odd to me that they've never been addressed until now.

What do you guys think about the cabin? Is that evil-Jacob's lair? Or is it the one place evil Jacob can't access (due to all the ash, which we've seen repels the smoke monster to some extent)

And is it safe to say that Christian Shepard is evil-Jacob? Considering he was the one who convinced Locke that he'd have to die to bring everyone back.

FearedSanctity
02-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Another reason the events werent prevented...The coffin is missing...in the 1st reality it was on the plane, so even if they didnt crash it would be on there. Plus the island was under water...we will see.

From the link posted on the page before:

What we’re trying to do there is basically say to you, “God bless the survivors of Oceanic 815, because they’re so self-centered, they thought the only effect [of detonating the bomb] was going to be that their plane never crashes.” But they don’t stop to think, “If we do this in 1977, what else is going to affected by this?” So that their entire lives can be changed radically. In fact, it would appear that they’ve sunken the Island. That’s our way of saying, “Keep your eyes peeled for the differences that you’re not expecting.” Some of these characters were still in Australia, but some weren’t. Shannon’s not there. Boone actually says that he tried to get her back. There are all sorts of other people that we don’t see. Where’s Libby? Where’s Ana Lucia? Where’s Eko? These are all the things that you’re supposed to be thinking about. When our characters posited the “What if?” scenario, they neglected to think about what the other effects of potentially changing time might be and we’re embracing those things.

Hanso Amore
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
From the link posted on the page before:

ooo good stuff....Hmmm.

El Fangel
02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Fuck sake, I just spoiled this for myself. I just downloaded Episode 1 and didnt know there was an episode 2, so I was in here thinking what the fuck are these guys talking about. Have to stay out of here until I watch Episode 2.

El Fangel
02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Downloading the episodes as I type, I have 19 mins for it to finish, I can put it on my thumb drive and watch it at work, will it finish before I have to go?

Reavant
02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
saieed wakes up

Reavant
02-03-2010, 07:44 PM
:D

El Fangel
02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
My fuck kid, I will beat you to within an inch of your life if we ever meet.

Also, its Sayid you asshole.

Reavant
02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
:lol: and no, no you wont

El Fangel
02-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Just because your an MMA fighter doesnt mean I wont put a pounding on you kid, I am basically the essence and build of legendary boxer, Butterbean, through and through.

Reavant
02-03-2010, 08:05 PM
theres a hollow wooden cross with a note inside the guitar case and sawyer buries juliette

El Fangel
02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
It finished, if that was a spoiler I will kill you Reavent because you are a cunt.

thedamndest
02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Can't say I didn't see that coming as soon as Fallen Angel said he was downloading episode two. Let us all learn from his terrible error.

Reavant
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
anything i can do to help :y:

Reavant
kate gets away

Jon Kano
I have clicked on this thread, and ran the scroller straight to the very bottom so I cannot see any of this stuff. I just wanted to let you all know it's killing me not being able to discuss this.

As member of the GAY UK, we don't get LOST till Friday at 9pm, and I am actually 'staying in on Friday night' to watch it. I know I could d/l it in HD right now, but I got a thing about watching it on my big screen TV on the couch.

I am very jealous, and look forward to taking part.

Jeritron
02-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Probably going to watch it again right now

Buzzkill
02-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Kates a man

Reavant
02-04-2010, 12:00 AM
lol

El Fangel
02-04-2010, 01:08 AM
I put Reacunt on ignore after the first spoiler ;)Im not that stupid. Also I am happy to say I called Locke being the smoke monster a long time ago.

Reavant
02-04-2010, 01:14 AM
:kiss:

El Fangel
02-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Just took him off ignore and I see he is as much of a cunt as I thought. Still love you but god you are a cunt.

Reavant
02-04-2010, 01:26 AM
:love:

Corporate CockSnogger
02-04-2010, 06:33 AM
I have clicked on this thread, and ran the scroller straight to the very bottom so I cannot see any of this stuff. I just wanted to let you all know it's killing me not being able to discuss this.

As member of the GAY UK, we don't get LOST till Friday at 9pm, and I am actually 'staying in on Friday night' to watch it. I know I could d/l it in HD right now, but I got a thing about watching it on my big screen TV on the couch.

I am very jealous, and look forward to taking part.

Yeah I hate having to wait and not being able to read any forums or anything. So I tend to watch it online the morning after it aired in America and then I'm going to watch it again on my TV on friday or maybe the repeat on Sunday.

Lux
02-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I feel bad for you guys.

4 days til the next new episode though :love:

El Fangel
02-04-2010, 08:30 AM
4 Days? What you talkin bout hermy?

Lux
02-04-2010, 08:46 AM
well 4 full days.

new episode Tuesday homie

unless I missed something

El Fangel
02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh right, I forgot I watched it basically 2 days after it aired haha.

XL
02-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Just thought of something...

When Jack, Kate, Jin, Sawyer, Sayid and Hurley travlled back to present time from 1977 thanks to the bomb detonating, somehow a Dharma bus came with them.
Boy, that was convenient
Actually they covered their asses with that one back in Season 5. When they get back to the beach after the first few jumps in time they still have the little speed boat from the freighter, Juliet guesses that whatever they have with them travels with them through time.

We see it again with the canoe-style boat and the rope that goes down the well.

As for the "Alternate Universe", I figured everything we had seen would turn out to be the result of whatever happens in this season. Not so sure now.

Jeritron
02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Good episode. Not full of big revelations like the first, but that's to be expected. Now they'll start the gradual build.
Good character development scenes.

Some cool stuff though. Some more light shed on what's going on with The Man In The Black.
Finally they addressed Claire disappearing with "Christian".

RoXer
02-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Was not anticipating a Mac Attack at all.

Loose Cannon
02-10-2010, 12:55 AM
line of the night by the funniest character ever, Miles to Sayid

"as you can see, Hurley has assumed the position as leader....That's great"

Jeritron
02-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Linus is far funnier and he doesn't even try to be.

Jack: "What's going to happen to all these other people when this plane crashes?"

Linus: "Who cares?!"

Jon Kano
02-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Locke: 'You just killed everyone on that boat!'

Linus: 'So?'

Jeritron
02-10-2010, 01:37 AM
lol another great one

Corporate CockSnogger
02-10-2010, 04:20 AM
Don't forget the classic scene of Ben and Hurley sharing an Apollo bar.