PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2007 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
With the season a week and a half away, I thought I'd start the thread. Also, here are my revised predictions, now that I've had a look at some teams in spring training.

AL East
1) New York Yankees
They have the best lineup in baseball. Defense has been upgraded with Mientkiewicz, and there's no way A-Rod can be that bad again. Matsui is back for a full season. They have one of the best bullpens in baseball, if not the best. The top 3 starters are solid (Wang will be a true ace with an improved defense behind him) and if Igawa or Pavano falter, Sanchez and Hughes are 2 of the top pitching prospects in all of baseball. Jeff Karstans has also shown that he is capable of being a more than adequate starter, and may become the 5th starter sooner rather than later.
Offense: 10
Defense: 8
Starting Pitching: 8
Bullpen: 9
Overall: 8.75

2) Boston Red Sox *
They are scary this year. Their lineup nearly equals the Yankees. Nobody wants to face Ortiz/Ramirez/Drew. A big question will be if Drew can remain healthy, however. Manny’s dedication is in question, of course. Varitek’s skills are declining but he’s still a good leader. Julio Lugo gives the team some speed, something they lacked last year. Dustin Pedoria gives the team a young star. The starting rotation will either be a real strength (one of the best in baseball) or an albatross. It all depends on if Schilling can stay healthy, Papelbon can transition to the rotation, and if Beckett and Matsuzaka live up to their potential. Oh yeah, and JD Drew needs to do decently. The thing holding them back from overtaking the Yankees is their bullpen which is loaded with question marks, and no true closer.
Offense: 9
Defense: 9
Starting Pitching: 9
Bullpen: 6
Overall: 8.25

3) Toronto Blue Jays
The team that can never catch a break. They’re solid all around, but not good enough to compete with the Sox or the Yanks. The Frank Thomas deal was pretty retarded but if he performs like he did last year he will help the team short-term. The Jays should really be thinking about long-term, however. Right now, they don’t have the core to beat the Yankees or the Red Sox, so signing someone like Thomas doesn’t make much sense. They made some awesome moves signing John Thomson and Tomo Okha which rounds out their rotation nicely. Halladay and Burnett are among the best 1-2 punches in baseball, but they both have problems staying healthy. The pen is solid and they have one of the best closers in baseball. They just don’t have enough to win it in the AL East though.
Offense: 8
Starting Pitching: 8
Bullpen: 8
Overall: 8

4) Baltimore Orioles
This is a team loaded with potential. They can never seem to put it all together though. They can hit; Tejada, Mora and Brian Roberts need no introduction. Nick Markakis may become the face of the franchise when all is said and done. Aubrey Huff was a nice addition. Pitching seems to be their problem, though their staff is loaded with potential. Erik Bedard is probably the most underrated pitcher in all of baseball. If Daniel Cabrera can learn to spot his pitches then he can be dominant. It’s all downhill from there, however. Jaret Wright and Kris Benson are no better than 5th starters. Steve Traschel probably shouldn't be on a major league roster. They have a solid young closer in Chris Ray, and picked up some solid arms: Danys Baez, Chad Bradford and Jamie Walker. The pen is a strength. There’s no way they can compete in the AL with that rotation, however.
Defense: 7
Starting Pitching: 6
Bullpen: 7
Overall: 7

5) Tampa Bay Devil Rays
The biggest problem facing the Rays is the front office. They overflow with young talent, but they never have any pitching. They should trade a couple guys to make room for Delmon Young and BJ Upton. If I were them I’d move Baldelli and Iwamura (provided he’s any good) at the end of the season for pitching. Scott Kazmir is amazing, but beyond that, their best pitcher is Jae Seo. The bullpen is also terrible.
Starting Pitching: 4
Bullpen: 1
Overall: 5

AL Central
1) Detroit Tigers
Possibly the best team in baseball plugged its one hole by adding a front-line slugger, Gary Sheffield. That’s the one move they had to make this off season and they made it. I like that they kept Sean Casey as well. They have an amazing young pitching staff, coupled with one of the top bullpens in baseball. Joel Zumaya could be the top closer in all of baseball before the season ends. They could be unstoppable.
Offense: 8.75
Defense: 9
Starting Pitching: 10
Bullpen: 10
Overall: 9.4

2) Cleveland Indians
The only thing holding them back is their terrible bullpen. I really don’t think Borowski will cut it as a closer in the AL Central. Someone else needs to step up (Betancourt). They have one of the best lineups in baseball. Victor Martinez might be the worst catcher in all of baseball though, defensively. He needs to get better fast or become a first baseman. The rotation is solid but not spectacular. Sabathia is a solid ace, but after that there’s nobody too exciting, though Jeremy Sowers could prove to be a beast. This team should have won more games last year. According to the pythagorean win loss total which determines a team's record based on runs scored and allowed, the Indians should have won 92 games. The bullpen is what screwed them. This year they should be better.
Offense: 9
Starting Pitching: 7
Bullpen: 5

3) Chicago White Sox
I originally had this team ranked 4th, but I have reconsidered my stance on them. They are solid offensively. Their starting rotation is not good though. They traded away their young star (McCarthy) and Garcia who was a solid arm. Buehrle should continue to regress. I think Vazquez bounces back slightly and Contreras should be good, however. They are a solid, but unspectacular team, though they are clearly on the decline.
Starting Pitching: 6.5
Overall: 7.3

4) Minnesota Twins
I originally had the Twins ranked third because of their young core and bullpen, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that their rotation is flat out garbage beyond Santana. Bonser should be ok but he's not the impact #2 they need YET, and Garza is not ready. Beyond that it is UGLY. Their pitching staff is somewhat comperable to the White Sox, overall, but they don't have the offense that the Sox do. No Radke either. They won't be a terrible team, but in this division they'll have to be a lot better than mediocre to compete. Say goodbye to Santana and Torii Hunter.
Offense: 7
Defense: 8.5
Starting Rotation: 5
Bullpen: 9

5) Kansas City Royals
The worst team in the AL. They did improve this offseason, however. Alex Gordon is my pick for Rookie of the Year. Gil Meche makes the rotation better, though he was not a good investment. Brian Bannister was a better one. Mark Teahen is solid. Imagine being Reggie Sanders; starting for the Cardinals 2 seasons ago, now a backup on the Royals. Kinda reminds me of Chuck Knoblauch, starting second baseman for the Yankees, to leftfielder for the Royals. The only team worse than them is the Nationals.
Offense: 5
Defense: 5
Starting Pitching: 5
Bullpen: 4
Overall: 4.75

AL West
1) Los Angeles Angels
They are the definition of a pesky team. They always find a way to win games. The probably have the best bullpen in baseball and their rotation is solid, though much of the success rests on how well Colon bounces back. I think he'll be adequate. Think 2004 numbers, which is not good, but ok for a back of the rotation guy.
Offense: 7.5
Bullpen: 10
Overall: 8.8

2) Oakland A's
Their success rests on Mike Piazza’s shoulders. They can’t hit. They couldn’t hit last year, but Frank Thomas carried them. Now he’s gone, and Piazza has got to fill the void. Dan Johnson could step up now that he’s cleared up his vision problems. Bobby Crosby needs to have a great season as well. Rich Harden needs to stay healthy, which isn’t likely. There are just too many if’s holding this team back from beating the Angels this year.
Starting Pitching: 7.75
Overall: 7.2

3) Texas Rangers
More of the same this year for the Rangers… all offense, no pitching. They’re like the Mariners of the mid-90s, minus Randy Johnson. They won’t miss Matthews Jr; Lofton should be adequate enough and costs a fraction of what Matthews Jr. cost. Catalonatto was one of the best pickups of the offseason by any team. Brandon McCarthy was another solid move. They made all the right moves, I guess, but they missed out on acquiring an ace. If they landed Zito, they’d give the Angels a run for the money.
Offense: 8.5
Defense: 7.5
Bullpen: 6.5
Overall: 7.1

4) Seattle Mariners
They made the worst move of the offseason possibly in acquiring Jose Vidro. They also fucked up their biggest strength by letting Rafael Soriano go. Putz and Soriano made every game 2 innings shorter. The pitching is pretty awful beyond Hernandez. Washburn is alright, but he’s not a number 2. Miguel Batista is not going to be good, same goes for Jeff Weaver. This team is going to get worse and worse. Ichiro is gone after this season. The one bright spot is Felix Hernandez. The M’s should concentrate on building a winner before he bolts too.
Defense: 6
Starting Pitching: 5.5
Overall: 6.1

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 04:13 PM
NL East

1) Philadelphia Phillies
I originally had them 2nd, but as I was looking them over, I realized that they’re a lot more well rounded than the Mets. They aren’t as good offensively, but their starting rotation is far and away better. It’s not like they’re a slouch on offense either, Ryan Howard and Chase Utley are beasts. Jimmy Rollins is one of the best leadoff men in baseball and Burrell, Helms, Barajas and Rowand can all hit as well. I really, really like their rotation for some reason. Brett Myers is underrated and I think his troubles are behind him. Freddy Garcia is going to benefit hugely moving to the NL. Jamie Moyer is still a good pitcher and a great clubhouse guy to have. Cole Hamels will be the ace of this staff someday, possibly even this year. He’s one of the best young pitchers in baseball. Jon Lieber and Adam Eaton will fight over the last spot in the rotation, and they’re both certainly viable 5th starters. Solid pen anchored by Tom Gordon, an upper tier closer. Possibly the most well-rounded team in the NL.
Starting Rotation: 8
Overall: 8

2) New York Mets
Nobody can touch them offensively in the NL, but they don’t have enough pitching. Tom Glavine is their only sure thing this season though, and he’s in his 40s. Who knows when Pedro is going to pitch again? There’s no way in hell El Duque is making it through a full season either, IMO. He’s probably 50, and now has arthritis in his neck and back. Oliver Perez needs to be at least half the pitcher he was in 2004. John Maine should be ok. I wouldn’t count on Jorge Sosa. The bullpen is solid, but the rotation has the potential to be awful, which will kill them. If El Duque makes it through the season, Pedro pitches and Maine and Perez step up they will win the division. It’s just too many if’s to pick them to win it though.
Offense: 9.5
Defense: 6.5

3) Atlanta Braves
Their biggest strength is their bullpen. Mike Gonzalaz or Rafael Soriano should be taking Bob Wickman’s job sooner rather than later. Brian McCann, Jeff Franoceur and Matt Diaz make up a good young core, surrounded by veterans like the Jones’. The pitching staff is solid but unspectacular, following John Smoltz. The pen is shaping up to be really good. They won’t have enough to contend this year, but soon they could be back on top.

4) Florida Marlins
The team of the future. Another season or two and these guys could win another World Series and then be disbanded and the whole process will start over again. The oldest starter is Miguel Cabrera, I think, and he’s like 25. The pitching staff is tremendous. The team just needs another year or so for seasoning before they become serious contenders. They competed for the wild card last year and will be in the hunt again. I had them in 3rd originally, but I think the departure of Girardi will hurt them somewhat. Give them another year.
Starting Pitching: 8.5
Overall: 6.9

5) Washington Nationals
I can’t even express how bad this team is. I’ll be shocked if they win 10 games. Cristian Guzman and Nook Logan will both start and struggle to post a .300 OBP. Nick Johnson will not stay healthy. The only real bright spots are Ryan Zimmerman and Felipe Lopez. Oh yeah, and John Patterson, who is pretty amazing. Their number 2 starter, Tim Redding, has not won a game since 2004. Chad Cordero is a good closer but he’ll probably get 7 save attempts all season.
Offense: 4
Defense: 6
Starting Pitching: 2
Overall: 4.25

NL Central

1) Milwaukee Brewers
This is the division I changed the most. I had the Brew Crew ranked 4th. The more I think about them, the more I think they'll be the surprise team this year. They remind me of the Tigers a year ago. They are my favorite NL team. Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, JJ Hardy, Corey Hart, Bill Hall, Chris Capuano… if the Brewers can hold onto these guys for a couple more seasons they can do something. If Ben Sheets is healthy they have one of the nastiest rotations in the NL. Sheets, Capuano, Suppan, Bush, Vargas. Jeff Suppan was a great signing. Dave Bush is the most underrated pitcher in the NL. They have the potential to do great things and in this weak division, they will capitalize. I questioned their bullpen originally but now I think it'll be solid with Cordero and Turnbow anchoring it. It will only take about 85 games to take this one and I, personally, think they have it in them.
Starting Pitching: 8.5
Overall: 8.1

2) Chicago Cubs *
I’d like to say they’ll win the division, and even though they made some huge signings, I don’t think they’ll be enough to win the division (yet) after winning only 66 games last year. Soriano makes the team a million times better. One of the best offenses in the NL with a healthy Derek Lee, Aramis Ramirez on top of Soriano and some other solid hitters like Mark DeRosa and Cliff Floyd. Zambrano is a beast. Ted Lilly will be a good pitcher now that he’s in the NL. Jason Marquis will still be terrible. I’d rather take my chances with Wade Miller. Rich Hill will be good and who the hell knows what to expect from Prior or Kerry Wood (lengthy DL trips, most likely). Wait ‘til next year.
Offense: 8.5
Starting Pitching: 7.5
Overall: 7.25

3) St. Louis Cardinals
They suck but not enough to lose to the other teams in the division. The only move they made was signing Adam Kennedy. I originally said they'd be better this year with Wainwright moving to the rotation now that Isringhausen is healthy, but now that I think about it, they lose Wainwright and Looper in the pen and they are now both question marks in the rotation. Horrible way to solve a problem. They should have kept one of either Suppan or Weaver, I hate to say it. Kip Wells is their number 2 starter. Chris Duncan should continue to improve. Jim Edmonds might literally fall apart though. Aging mediocre team that will begin to show its holes.
Overall: 6.75

4) Houston Astros
Very meh team. Berkman and Lee are nice, but they should have kept Aubrey Huff. Biggio is kind of holding them back, but they can't let him go. The rest of the team is mediocre, with the possible exception of Morgan Ensberg, depending on which version shows up. If they had Clemens they’d have a really good rotation, provided Woody Williams isn’t complete garbage. The Jason Jennings deal was pretty dumb, though he’ll be good. It’s the kind of move you make to compete now, which isn’t likely without Clemens. Brad Lidge will determine how good they are. Last year the Astros lost the most games in MLB after leading 7 innings. If they won a few of those games they would have won the division last season. I had them ranked 3rd, but now I'm pushing them back a spot because Lidge has been garbage this spring. Usually, spring training stats don't mean much, but when a closer is terrible for an entire season, then can't get double and triple A guys out in spring training, there is serious cause for concern.
Defense: 6.5
Overall: 6.25

5) Pittsburgh Pirates
Well, they’re not going to be as bad as they were last year. Adam LaRoche will compliment Jason Bay well. Freddy Sanchez won the batting title last year and should be solid again. Jose Castillo and Jack Wilson might be the best defensive double play combo in all of baseball (if Castillo starts). Jack Wilson needs to shut up though. Zach Duke, Ian Snell and Tom Gorzellany are all good young arms. Shawn Chacon could be ok. Matt Capps will probably take over as closer at one point. Torres and Marte are solid arms and Dan Kolb could rebound (though I doubt it). They have a decent base to work with. This could be a turnaround year for the Pirates. I have changed my mind and will rank them ahead of the Reds. They played over .500 ball second half last year and have improved the team. They're young and improving. PNC Park may have a decent team one of these days.
Overall: 6.6

6) Cincinnati Reds
Last year’s other surprise team will once again sink to the cellar of the NL Central. Aaron Harang is the man. Bronson Arroyo probably won’t be as good but he’ll be solid. After that it isn’t pretty. Eric Milton is the worst person of all time. The bullpen is a bunch of mediocre arms thrown together with no rhyme or reason. Junior won’t stay healthy. Scott Hatteberg actually starts for the Reds. They did not improve at all.
Offense: 6
Starting Pitching: 6.75
Bullpen: 4
Overall: 5.9

NL West
1) Los Angeles Dodgers
I agree with SammyG, best staff in the NL, though San Diego and Philly are right behind them. They have solid arms in the pen, Broxton is the man and might take Saito’s job. Gonzo was one of the best pickups in baseball. Juan Pierre costs a lot but he’ll help out. They are a much better team this year than they were last year. They might be the best team in the NL actually.
Overall: 8.25

2) San Diego Padres
Another sick pitching staff. Greg Maddux was one of the best signings of the offseason. He and David Wells will be great mentors for Peavy, Young and Hensley. The bullpen is better than the Dodgers, but they don’t have the offense to compete, especially in Petco. Adrian Gonzalaz could club 30 HR though.
Offense: 6.75
Defense: 6.75
Starting Pitching: 8.75
Bullpen: 8.75
Overall: 7.75

3) Arizona Diamondbacks
They’re a team built for the future which kind of makes the Randy Johnson trade not make much sense. Connor Jackson, Stephen Drew and Chris Young are all going to be great players. Brandon Webb will compete for the Cy Young again and RJ should benefit from the switch to the NL. Doug Davis was a great pickup, he has a lot of potential. The bullpen is decent. They aren’t seasoned enough to compete with the Pads or Dodgers.
Starting Pitching: 7.5

4) Colorado Rockies
They’ve got good young bats and a solid vet (Helton) to guide them. Matt Holliday should continue to be one of the best offensive players in the NL. Kaz Matsui does start for the Rockies though, and that is not a good thing. Aaron Cook and Jeff Francis are decent pitchers but it’s pretty much garbage after that. Brian Fuentes is solid, but the rest of the pen sucks. Not enough pitching, plain and simple.
Defense: 6.75
Starting Pitching: 5
Overall: 6.6

5) San Francisco Giants
This team is way too old to stay healthy, and surrounded with too much drama to be any good. They landed Zito, but they lost Jason Schmidt, so it’s not like Zito will improve the team. Matt Cain and Noah Lowry are both solid young arms, they need to step it up. Cain might, Lowry probably won't. Matt Morris and Russ Ortiz need to be halfway decent, and they won’t. It’ll be close between the Giants and the Rockies for last place. Oh yeah, Barry Bonds. Fuck him.
Offense: 6
Defense: 4
Overall: 5.5

ALDS
Yankees def. Angels (FINALLY)
Tigers def. Red Sox

NLDS
Phillies def. Brewers
Dodgers def. Cubs

ALCS
Tigers def. Yankees

NLCS
Dodgers def. Phillies

WS
Tigers def. Dodgers

AL MVP: Derek Jeter
NL MVP: Albert Pujols
AL Cy Young: Johan Santana
NL Cy Young: Carlos Zambrano
AL ROY: Alex Gordon
NL ROY: Kevin Kouzmanoff

ct2k
03-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm basically marking out 24/7 having Andy Pettitte back

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Better hope he doesn't count to feel tightness in his back

Red Sox not having a closer is going to kill them, it really is. I had some hope with maybe Hanson coming around, but I don't think he is ever going to be a good pitcher in the majors. I'm thinking they should bring up Lester (if he's ready) and move Papelbon back to the pen, I think that'll happen about a month into the season anyway. Should just get it over with now.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Pineiro has looked solid this spring, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Timlin is starting the year on the DL too which hurts you guys.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-21-2007, 05:49 PM
No love for the Reds:'(

DaveWadding
03-21-2007, 05:53 PM
the Rockies are going to win the West dude.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
the Rockies are going to win the West dude.
Not with their pitching they won't.

Also:
http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif
Mariano Rivera struck out Ryan Howard on a changeup Tuesday, with manager Joe Torre saying afterward that Rivera "was tickled, obviously."
:cool:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Pineiro has looked solid this spring, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him.
I dunno if I'd call Pineiro's spring "solid" bin a bit rocky...Probably going to start off with Julian Tavarez as the closer :|

Fuck

Supreme Olajuwon
03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't get the Scott Hatteberg knock. He was one of the best defensive 1B in the league last year and he hit well enough.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I think I'm just remembering him sucking his last year in Oakland.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I dunno if I'd call Pineiro's spring "solid" bin a bit rocky...Probably going to start off with Julian Tavarez as the closer :|

Fuck
I guess I heard wrong. I thought I had heard he was pitching pretty well.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Just browsing through the Hearld a minute ago at dinner and it said hes been pretty inconsistant with location and his ERA was a bit high

Taverez out of all them had the lowest ERA and it was at 3.5something I think...

Red Sox are fucked if they don't figure something out

Supreme Olajuwon
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I think Donnelly has the best chance of being a consistent closer over the course of the season. He had pretty filthy stuff in Anaheim.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
I think Timlin will end up the closer again at some point.

Sox should have taken a gamble with Gagne.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Supreme, what is the deal with Ryan Wagner? I remember for like a year or two they were saying he was the Reds closer of the future.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-21-2007, 06:28 PM
He went to Washington with Kearns and Lopez. I dunno how he's doing there but the Reds got Bill Bray from the Nationals and now he's supposed to be the closer of the future.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah, forgot he was part of that deal.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
I think Donnelly has the best chance of being a consistent closer over the course of the season. He had pretty filthy stuff in Anaheim.
He's been pretty awful this spring I think, although I'd assume he is going to turn it around.

Timlin is only out the first 6 games of the season I think, but still starting out the year on the DL isn't the best thing especially when you are 87 years old like Timlin is. He is the definte favorite for the job, with Taverez behind then a bunch of others like Donnelly, Pineiro etc

OssMan
03-21-2007, 08:10 PM
haha im going to nationals opening day...i think they'll finish ahead of the Braves though

McLegend
03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Lieber was moved to the bullpen and Adam Eaton is now the 5th starter for the Phillies.

ClockShot
03-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm looking forward to Kei and or Wang vs. Daisuke. Who got the better arm from the far east.

FakeLaser
03-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Daisuke.

The Miz
03-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Donnelly is a fat piece of shit... If Piniero is made closer he might have a hot streak where he is a capabale closer but there's no way he'll stay consistent over the season. I think they should've kept Papelbon as closer and built on last year and gone with Schilling/Matsuzaka/Beckett/Wakefield/Piniero or they could try a few other guys in the 5th spot.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah thats what I think too, I mean they had Lester who showed a lot of promise last season but then got derailed because of the cancer scare. He won't be ready by Opening Day but they said within the month or somewhere around that.

Its so annoying they don't have a fucking closer again though

weather vane
03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
WOOOOO!!! PAPELBON IS NOW THE CLOSER AGAIN!!!! yesssssssssssssss

Imagine we landed Clemens now??? Would be sickest shit ever.

MVP
03-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, but Julian Tavarez is the 5th starter now. Would much rather have Lester or Piniero in that spot.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
I dunno Tavarez didn't look THAT bad as starter, i'd rather have him start then come out of the pen...but that isn't saying much

FakeLaser
03-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Tavarez might be the worst starter in the American League.

SammyG
03-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Furcal better be back by Opening Day.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Tavarez might be the worst starter in the American League.
I dunno he finished off last year as a starter, and the last 2 games he started he pitched 14 innings (9 in one 5 in the other) and gave up 2 ER total

He started 5 games total, and his stats weren't all that awful in those starts

FakeLaser
03-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Nah, he isn't the worst, Sidney Ponson is starting for the Twins though I guess as a Yankee fan I can't really say shit.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Tavarez is hilarious too, last season there was one point during a game where time was called and I guess he didnt realize or something. So he runs off the mound and dove at a guy with a huge lead off second base, probably the funniest thing I've seen watching a baseball game

Supreme Olajuwon
03-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Tavarez would probably be at least the #3 starter in KC.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Tavarez is hilarious too, last season there was one point during a game where time was called and I guess he didnt realize or something. So he runs off the mound and dove at a guy with a huge lead off second base, probably the funniest thing I've seen watching a baseball game

ROFL. I need to see a video of this.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2007, 10:50 AM
although Eric Byrnes trying to score, missing the plate, hurting his leg, shoving Veriteck and getting tagged out about 6 feet from home plate is #1 for me.

Then there is the one where I think it was Manny gunning the ball at somebody when the guy is like 4 feet away from him.

Dragon
03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
LOL I remember Manny diving in front of Damon I think and cutting off his throw from the outfield.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2007, 11:49 AM
haha, that's it. that's the one I'm referring too.

Evil Vito
03-23-2007, 12:04 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I remember in the NLDS game 1 last year. Men on 1st and 2nd. Base hit...Green plays it off the wall. Hits the cutoff man Valentin. Valentin guns it home and Lo Duca tags out the first runner.

Then for whatever reason, another runner was coming up behind him despite Lo Duca clearly having the ball and he was tagged out with relative ease</font> :cool:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
ROFL Yeah that Manny play was fucking great

The Brynes play was pretty funny too but I'd but that Tavarez and Manny 4 foot cut off play ahead of it.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGO3DZT2FjI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGO3DZT2FjI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I couldnt find any videos, I found that one tho lol

FakeLaser
03-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Chien-Ming Wang was shut down for the day after he "felt something" in his right hamstring while running this morning.

The Yankees are hoping it's just a cramp, but he might have strained the hamstring. If it's the latter, his status for Opening Day would be in doubt. The Yankees don't need a fifth starter during the first week, so they can be extra careful with Wang.

COME ON GUYYYYYYY

weather vane
03-23-2007, 06:40 PM
ahahah that is a sick video

havn't seen that before

Loose Cannon
03-23-2007, 07:04 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/awards/y2004/tyib/tyib_awards_blooper.jsp

here we go

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-23-2007, 08:50 PM
ROFL

Dragon
03-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Chien-Ming Wang starting the season on the DL and probably won't be back until the end of April. Not a good way to start.

With the way Karstens pitched this spring I'm not too worried although Pavano as our #3 is kind of scary right now.

The way it stands now I would hope it would be -

Moose
Pettitte
Pavano
Igawa
Karstens

That leaves the R/L/R thing going on and Mussina was pretty much our best pitcher last year. I have a feeling that Andy will go on opening day though.

Evil Vito
03-24-2007, 04:50 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yessssssss. Chan Ho Park pitched 3 perfect innings today before being pulled and told to get ready to pitch again on Monday for the long reliever job. Basically solidifying Mike Pelfrey as the #5 starter in the rotation</font> :cool:

Evil Vito
03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Holy shit.

Carlos Silva gave up 9 ER on 11 hits in 3 1/3 innings vs. the Pirates today. Including a 500-foot home run.</font> :|

MVP
03-24-2007, 08:08 PM
What about Phillip Hughes being the 5th starter on the Yankees. Isn't he the top pitching prospect?

Dragon
03-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, he could probably start in the 5th spot but ideally he would be in AAA for a couple more months. Everyone thinks he'll be up by the All-Star break; to start the season might be pushing it a bit though. Wang will be out for a month or so I think, so when they get him back they will have 5 starters. Near the break they'll have a better idea of if Igawa is good to stay in the rotation or not.

Apparently though, Carl Pavano will be our opening day starter lol. The way the rotation aligns means that Pettitte and Moose won't be able to go. I know opening day is just one game of many but having Pavano pitch that first game just doesn't seem right.

The Miz
03-24-2007, 11:26 PM
With key free agent signings like Gil Meche, the Royals are heading in a new direction - MLB.COM

YOUR Hero
03-24-2007, 11:56 PM
IE: last place WITH a higher payroll... this is new territory

The Miz
03-25-2007, 02:22 AM
AL WEst:

Oakland 91 wins
LAAAAA 89
The Seamen 78
Fags 72

I think Oakland's pitching will be a little better this year, and their hitting will probably be shittier. Unless Piazza happens to be another Billy Beane steal and hits like 40 jacks then the offense is probably going to be more base-hit oriented relying on rallies to score runs. I feel like Rich Harden is going to have a breakout year and he and Haren will be an awesome 1-2 with Loaiza and Blanton being decent #4's. If Harden gets hurt and guys like Windsor, Komine, and Kennedy are having to fill in the rotation slots, the A's could finish in 3rd, I pick them 1st but alot is reliant on their pitchers holding up. Angels did not really get any better worse, they will always be the gay Angels who win games like fags. I see alot of their good players getting injured and their bad players playing alot, I also think more is going to come out during the season about the Gary Matthews Jr. controversy, causing a distraction. Probably going to get booed alot this year. Texas is gay and again didn't get any pitchers so they will be hot for 3 months and then suck the rest of the year kinda like every year from 2000-2006. I do predict that SAMMY SOSA will have an awesome year, and hit 20-30 home runs. The Seamen are shit, Jeff Weaver will have an ERA over 5, Jose Guillen will suck and then fight somebody, our bullpen will be awesome but we will probably lose alot of games trying to use Arthur Rhodes.

AL Central:

Detroit 95
Minnesota 94
Cleveland 88
Chicago 85
Kansas City 65

I see Detroit winning the division on the last week of the season with an identical record from last year. I predict Ozzie being exposed as a dumbass and Chicago being relatively shitty this year. He will probably bat .297 OBP Podsednik lead off followed by the same OBP minus 60 steals Darin Erstad at the top of the order. Jenks is a lazy fat ass and their pitching overall isn't going to be as good as it was the last 2 years. I am not quite sure about Cleveland, they have alot of good players but I feel like they're still going to be pretty inconsistent, right now I have them ahead of Chicago but that could easily be wrong. Or the Indians could completely tank it and battle the Royals for last. KC will definately suck major dick again, Gil Meche and Brian Bannister #1 and #2, yikes.

To lazy to do AL East, maybe later. Fuck the NL.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-25-2007, 02:53 AM
RED SOX IN THE AL EAST PAPELBON FOR PRESIDENT

Loose Cannon
03-25-2007, 09:02 PM
theres this restaurant down here in NC called Beantown Tavern. You would prob like it. It's a Red Sox/Patriots place. Pretty funny how many Bostonians and New Yorkers have moved down here the past 3 years.

FakeLaser
03-25-2007, 09:11 PM
What, Wang is on the DL? TERRIBLE

YOUR Hero
03-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Short term, I think they said begining of April he'd be back. What blows my mind is how that = Pavano as opening day starter.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-26-2007, 01:16 AM
I think it's just Pavano's turn in the rotation.

FakeLaser
03-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Of all the guys in the rotation, the least likely guy to get injured starts the season on the DL.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Beckett went 7 IP 0 ER in his last Spring Training start...nice

Dragon
03-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, Pavano's starting because it just works out to be his turn. They don't want to have Mussina go on short rest and want Pettitte to still get another ST game in.

In other news, Karstens won't be healthy enough to start the season on the roster after his elbow was acting up in his last start. So it looks like he won't be stepping in for Chien-Ming Wang.

dablackguy
03-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Pavano as opening day starter = death

FakeLaser
03-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Not really. What difference does it make if he pitches the first game of the season or the fifth?

Supreme Olajuwon
03-26-2007, 07:38 PM
And they're playing the Devil Rays. You don't really need your A game to beat the Devil Rays.

YOUR Hero
03-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Mussina, short notice? The season hasn't started yet! I'm sorry but Pavano does not deserve the symbolism that is opening season pitcher. They should have made it fit for Moose, there was time.

FakeLaser
03-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Don't worry, Pavano still has a week to get hurt.

dablackguy
03-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Not really. What difference does it make if he pitches the first game of the season or the fifth?

Consider:

The nature of hamstring injuries, you come back too quick you wind up back on the shelf. So every 5th day for the first couple of turns, maybe longer depending, Pavano against their ace. Advantage for the most part is going to be on the other side.

He still has a LONG way to go to win back fans and teammates, if he gets shelled a few times early, the fans will turn on him more than they have. No one believes in this guy and for good reason. And if he goes out and gets shelled by Tampa, what little confidence Joe has in him is going to be shaken. Its important for him to get confidence back and important for the team to get back behind him and to believe he's legit.

As a whole I kinda think the Yankees are in trouble. Yeah, they did good getting Johnson out of here, but now you are REQUIRED to get something useful out of Pavano, who has shown no heart and no desire whatsoever for this team. Mussina's solid but has been somewhat injury prone the last few years. (Not last year so much, but I'm sure it being in his walk year helped that out) I'm not ready to trust Igawa yet, so we'll wait and see on him. Pettite WAS a great Yankee, but the guy seriously contemplated retirement because of arm trouble. If it turns up again, what's gonna happen? Maybe we're all wrong and have no idea how to evaluate pitching (which would be the case, but if it were correct, how come more guys don't win 19 games striking out 3.1 batters per 9 innings) but Wang's career is way more in like with Jake Westbrook's than a legit #1. One of these years, his rather hittable stuff is going to be smacked. This is why I'd be very worried as a Yankee fan. You'll score runs in bunches, but Mariano can't throw 9 everday.

Loose Cannon
03-27-2007, 09:37 AM
So Phillip Hughes still needs some more time.

Spring Training line (3 outings): 4 2/3 IP, 6H, 4R, 4ER, 6BB, 2K, 7.71ERA

OssMan
03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
http://bani.anime.net/o_rly.jpg

Dragon
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM
One of the last positions the Yankees have to choose is between Phelps and Phillips for backup 1B. But I am pretty sure Phelps has made the decision a lot easier this spring.

Phelps - .438 3 HRs 10 RBIs

Phillips - .190 0 0

Phillips has like 10 less at-bats because of when he was out but Phelps has to be chosen. Phillips has already shown in the past that he can't hit consistently. But you never know what Torre might do.

The Miz
03-27-2007, 07:37 PM
All of the Yankees pitchers suck anyway so who cares who gets to lose to Kazmir on opening day? The DRays are the only team with pitching more pathetic than the Yankees, it works in the Yankees to favor to take the loss in game 1 and send Mussina and whoever else in the next two games against the rest of the DRays AAA staff.

The Miz
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Also that series represents approxomately 1.9% of the Yankees schedule this year.

Evil Vito
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
<font color=goldenrod>5 days till Opening Day</font> :cool:

Supreme Olajuwon
03-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Awards

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez
NL MVP: Lance Berkman
AL Cy Young: Johan Santana
NL Cy Young: Jake Peavy
AL Rookie of the Year: Daisuke Matsuzaka
NL Rookie of the Year: Chris Young

The Miz
03-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Uh this is Chris Youngs 3rd season -edit- my b youre talking about the other Chris Young

AL MVP: Manny Ramirez, BOS
NL MVP: Alfonso Soriano, CHC
AL Cy: Roy Halladay, TOR
NL Cy: Roy Oswalt, HOU
AL Roty: Delmon Young, TB
NL Roty: Ryan Braun, MIL

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Craig Hansen has recieved a new nickname here in Boston

Craig HAAAnsen

You figure it out

The Miz
03-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Uggie Urbina sentenced to 14 years in prison http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2815590

FakeLaser
03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I guess he couldn't close that one out *rimshot*

The Miz
03-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I am not going to lie, the thought of Urbina chasing around 5 other Venezuelans and pouring gasoline on them while stabbing them with a machete is hilarious to me. I like to picture him wearing an Expos uniform while doing it

FakeLaser
03-28-2007, 09:28 PM
lol Miz

YOUR Hero
03-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Expos 4eva

FakeLaser
03-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Kenny Rogers will also begin the season on the DL with a fatigued arm.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Who cares about who is taking over for George Steinberner?

BCWWF
03-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Lol, it's like the middle ages. Some guy marries into the Yankees.

YOUR Hero
03-30-2007, 10:23 PM
take a good look around, it's stil the way of many a company. Handed down like some royal lineage.

The Miz
03-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Kenny Rogers will also begin the season on the DL with a fatigued arm.

Kenny Rogers now will be out until at least July with a blood clot in his arm

Evil Vito
04-01-2007, 10:31 AM
<font color=goldenrod>IT BEGINS TONIGHT</font> :cool:

The Miz
04-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Professional games start Monday

FakeLaser
04-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Since the season starts tonight I would say STICKY THIS

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Professional games start Monday
oh snap

Evil Vito
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Carlos Zambrano is reportedly really close to getting a 5-year, $85 million extension</font>

Boondock Saint
04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
TOMORROW 4:10 pm. The SOX are back baby!!!

Evil Vito
04-01-2007, 10:59 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Nice Opening Day Game, always good to start off with a win. Glavine looked awesome until the 6th, every Met got a hit, and they played great defense. The bullpen was a little shaky but they pulled through. Looking forward to Tuesday.</font>

YOUR Hero
04-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Should I merge the fantasy stuff with this thread?

Supreme Olajuwon
04-02-2007, 01:01 AM
are you in some contest where you get a prize for doing the stupidest thing ever

FakeLaser
04-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Come on Carpenter

SammyG
04-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Dodgers begin their road to the World Series in 11 hours and 35 minutes.

FakeLaser
04-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Too bad they'll get spanked by the Tigers.

SammyG
04-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Haha, it's opening day, and you're talking about what's gonna happen in the world series? :) Buuut then again I did say we are going to the W.S. Meh, let's just focus on winning our division first.

Evil Vito
04-02-2007, 06:52 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Interested to see if Kaz Matsui hits a HR in his first at-bat for the 4th straight season</font> :o

BCWWF
04-02-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't see why the Tigers are such a popular pick to win it all this season. The whole reason they were good last year is because Kenny Rogers pitched out of his mind and they had two rookie pitchers who were awesome as well. With Rogers out for the first part of the season and so much pressure being put on the second year pitchers, I see this team doing the same thing as the White Sox. They added a good, but old and injury prone batter, but without the All-Star game starter, it isn't going to be that easy.

If you have to pick a team to be the best right now, I think it is very hard to pick against the Yankees. They finally have a pitching staff that is proven and they easily have the best offense in baseball.

The Red Sox have the potential to be great. By reading ESPN.com yesterday, I would think they already won. I still find them to have some suspect holes though and could see them falling apart and missing the playoffs again. More because the AL Central will be good than because the Red Sox are bad though. Wildcard will easily be Red Sox/Yankees/Twins/Tigers/Indians.

Nobody in the AL West will matter. Oakland has less offense than last year and Angels are just too stupid to contend.

In the central, the Twins are most likely going to start a bit slow with the pitching rotation as it is, but with three top pitching prospects ready in AAA, it could be a very similar finish to last season. The Indians are also getting a lot of underdog attention. Travis Hafner is easily one of the top hitters in baseball, even if he is not recognized. He had equal or better numbers than Ortiz last year but got no MVP talk except from The Miz.

I don't even really care about the NL. The Cardinals are going to be awful though. They brought back the wrong players and have one of the weakest rotations I've seen. The Cubs will be a lot better but they aren't nearly complete enough to win the division. Cincinnati or Milwaukee could easily take the NL Central.

The East could actually be interesting if the Mets and Phillies live up to the hype. For some reason, I don't see the Phillies doing it though. The West is pretty boring, the Dodgers and Padres aren't cool, the Giants aren't good, but apparently the D-Backs are supposed to be great and the Rockies are close to finally contending. Who cares?

That is my brief analysis on the upcoming baseball season, here are my predictions.

AL East:
Yankees
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles
Devil Rays

Central:
Twins
Indians
Tigers
White Sox
Royals

West
Angels
Athletics
Rangers
Mariners

NL East
Mets
Phillies
Braves
Marlins
Nationals

Central
Reds
Cardinals
Cubs
Brewers
Astros
Pirates

West
Diamondbacks
Padres
Rockies
Dodgers
Giants

ALDS
Yankees over Angels
Twins over Red Sox
NLDS
Mets over Reds
Phillies over Diamondbacks
ALCS
Yankees over Twins
NLCS
Mets over Phillies
Subway Series
Yankees over Mets in 6

YOUR Hero
04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
what kind of prize do I get, Supreme?

SammyG
04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Any live feeds for any games except for MLB Tv? anything free? sopcatst?

Dragon
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Pavano looked pretty good from what I saw but the defense forgot to show up and gave up 3 errors. Now he's being taken out after less than 5 innings down 4-3. Errors lead to 2 of the runs.

Dragon
04-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Nice, ESPN/ESPN2 has 5 games on today.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Get-R-Dunn
He Dunn did it
Dunn Deal
#1 Dunner (what wha wha what)

and so on and so forth

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-02-2007, 03:54 PM
A-Rod is a homo

SammyG
04-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Ben Sheets is about to 1-hit us.

FakeLaser
04-02-2007, 04:48 PM
PAVANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Dragon
04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Best thing was that he didn't get hurt at all. Always good news.

McDoogle
04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
The Jays will make the playoffs this year.

ct2k
04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah Jays def won't fade

Boondock Saint
04-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Schilling's not looking so hot.

ct2k
04-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Maybe his ankle is bleeding again

Boondock Saint
04-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Damn it Schilling.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
better break out the red sharpie to color in those socks again

The Miz
04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
ROFL just retire Schilling you stupid fat Republican fuck. You just got schooled by Gil Meche. GIL FUCKING MECHE

The Miz
04-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Schilling would totally pwn Meche in Everquest II though

toxic rooster
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Ben Sheets is about to 1-hit us.

Derek :(

ct2k
04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
SHEETS

Pretty rough stuff from Pavano, Schilling and Webb though

The Miz
04-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Looks like the White Sox are well on their way to yet another 5 20-game winner season

ct2k
04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I wonder what kinda rants Ozzie Guillen will go on this season

The Miz
04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
If he hates gays so much whose idea was it to bring in Darin Erstad?

ct2k
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh burn

ct2k
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I think he'll probably attack the Jews this year, or maybe the Poles, that way he and AJ Pierzynski can kill eachother

SammyG
04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Derek :(
I had Lowe starting:'(

YOUR Hero
04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I see the Jays are in first place. :cool:

YOUR Hero
04-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh and so much for the Red Sox, they're tied for last place in the entire MLB!

OssMan
04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
went tu nationals opening day!

they got destroyed!

two triples n a lotta base runners!

but the starting pitcher gave up like 6 runs??? what tha hek!

BCWWF
04-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Morneau + Hunter = 2 runs. HOME RUNS.

MVP
04-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh and so much for the Red Sox, they're tied for last place in the entire MLB!

Might as well throw in the towel :o

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-03-2007, 12:05 AM
The new Japanese reliever the Sox got gave up a HR in his first pitch but then looked alright the rest of the way. I hope that first pitch was just nerves or something

Evil Vito
04-03-2007, 07:12 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Brad Lidge blows his first save of the season. Yeah, he's done. Joins the list of closers who can't recover from the big home run.

Anyways, interested to see how El Duque does tonight. I'm hoping the offense will light up Kip Wells but ya never know.</font>

ct2k
04-03-2007, 07:17 AM
El Duque could either be a revelation or a disaster, no way he stays healthy the whole season though

MVP
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Brad Lidge blows his first save of the season. Yeah, he's done. Joins the list of closers who can't recover from the big home run.

Anyways, interested to see how El Duque does tonight. I'm hoping the offense will light up Kip Wells but ya never know.

Yeah I'm thinking Dan Wheeler will be closing by the end of the month.

Evil Vito
04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
El Duque could either be a revelation or a disaster, no way he stays healthy the whole season though

<font color=goldenrod>We got the revelation tonight apparently. 7 IP, 1 ER. :cool: AND he doubled in 2 runs. Once again, phenomenal defense tonight. Good game all around.

Braden Looper starting for the Cards tomorrow...there would be no better way to wrap up the series than to rape him big time, but we'll see. John Maine has a tough act to follow with what Duque gave today but I'm eager to see it.</font>

The Miz
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
LOL @ Cincy mayor throwing out the first pitch

SammyG
04-03-2007, 11:37 PM
yeah lmfao @ that. also LMFAO @ Dodgers losing again. wtf.

Splaya
04-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Tigers really pulled a stinker yesterday.

I hate Fernando Rodney

Evil Vito
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Holy crap, awesome game today. Beltran with 2 bombs, and Reyes with a HR of his own. The offense put up 10 runs. Maine 7 IP, 0 R, brilliant.

Now they get a day off before they get to face Mark Redman on Friday.</font>

The Miz
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Awesome couple of games for Felix and Sexy, too bad Miguel Batista is our #3 starter. I can't remember the last time I saw a veteran MLB pitcher balk twice in like 3 innings. What a dumbass

OssMan
04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
STFUggla

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-04-2007, 11:52 PM
lol wow Mike Lowell made 3 errors tonight after making 6 the entire season last year.

I hope he doesn't catch A-Roditus :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beckett only had 1 ER tonight but only got 5 innings in, gave up way too many walks but he did look to have much more command of his non-fastball pitches then he did last season.

toxic rooster
04-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Top game between the Sox and Tribe, both teams had hot bats going today. Westbrook got pounded, went for 7 runs in 5, then Borowski somehow pulled a save out of his arse. But yeah, I love watching these 2 offenses come up against each other.

also lol @ Sizemore's reaction to the catch

weather vane
04-05-2007, 03:26 AM
soxxxxxx

SammyG
04-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Dodgers really can't hit the ball. we were lucky to win tonight.

ct2k
04-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Holy John Maine:eek:

Skippord
04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
ROCKIES FOR WORLD SERIES WOOOOOOOOOO

VonErichLives
04-05-2007, 10:02 AM
lol wow Mike Lowell made 3 errors tonight after making 6 the entire season last year.

I hope he doesn't catch A-Roditus :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beckett only had 1 ER tonight but only got 5 innings in, gave up way too many walks but he did look to have much more command of his non-fastball pitches then he did last season.

It was either Francona or Beckett said in weei the other day that last year to try and prevent blister issues, on his off days he was only allowed to throw fastballs, and his other pitches he could only throw game day... So, consequently he never felt comfortable with them and tried to get through most games last year throwing 3 speeds of a fastball.

I think he'll have a good year...

I almost want to see Dice-K get shelled today just to watch/listen to everyone freak out :)

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
MATSUZAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SammyG
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I got Daisuke starting in my fantasy. better not dissapoint me.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-05-2007, 05:45 PM
7 IP 1 ER 10 K

SammyG
04-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Peeeeeeeerfect.

FakeLaser
04-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Let's see how he does against a major league team.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Kansas City is gonna surprise some people.

:shifty:

YOUR Hero
04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
yeah, they won't lose 100 games (95+)

Evil Vito
04-05-2007, 11:28 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Went to the Yanks game today for a school field trip. First time ever at the Stadium, pretty cool. Fucking cold though. In fact, we left in the middle of the 6th cause people were bitching that it was too cold</font> :mad:

OssMan
04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
why do you get to go to yankees games for field trips? the last field trip i went on was in 6th grade and it was some ropes course

Evil Vito
04-05-2007, 11:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Because my Sports Marketing teacher is the man and has connections</font> :cool:

MVP
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Dice-K had a nasty game for his major league debut. I'm just glad he didn't suck cause then everyone wouldn't shut up about how bad he pitched. But you guys are right, it was only against Kansas City. He's gonna be just as good against any other team though.

FakeLaser
04-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Except the Yankees of course.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow A-Rod popped out with the bases loaded in the 8th inning, I know I am surprised

The Miz
04-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Wow Goggle-Rod gave up a 9th inning home run and then cried about it, I know I am surprised

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Wakefield went 6 giving up 1 earned but it looks like he is gonna end up with a L if the Red Sox' bats don't wake up.

Fenix122
04-06-2007, 06:39 PM
i'm a little nervous about the Mets tonight against the Braves...normally i wouldn't be so nervous but with Oliver Perez on the mound it's an iffy situation.

FakeLaser
04-06-2007, 06:45 PM
COME ON MOOSE

SammyG
04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Ol. Perez can really throw gas.

FakeLaser
04-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Perez has the potential to be a great pitcher. His 2004 was sick. I don't know why he can't seem to put it together. I think he's a great gamble for the Mets though.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Wakefield went 6 giving up 1 earned but it looks like he is gonna end up with a L if the Red Sox' bats don't wake up.
Yup

SammyG
04-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Sox shut out.

YOUR Hero
04-06-2007, 08:12 PM
So Tampa Bay has demote Cantu to the minors. He's pissed and wants to be traded. As a Jays fan that KNOWS our team need help up the middle, I can only hope the Jays land him. The guy had like 120 RBIs a couple seasons ago. Something like 15-20 Hrs. Wow, not sure why the Rays are giving up on him so soon this year.

YOUR Hero
04-06-2007, 08:13 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=19 height=18>Batting</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="18%" height=18>Year</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="6%">Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>AB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>2B</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>3B</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>RBI</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>CS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>AVG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>OBP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SLG</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>OPS</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>2004</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>TB</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>50</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>173</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>25</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>52</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>20</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>17</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>9</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>44</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.301</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.341</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.462</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.803</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>2005</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>TB</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>150</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>598</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>73</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>171</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>40</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>28</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>117</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>19</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>83</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.286</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.311</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.497</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.808</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>2006</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>TB</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>107</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>413</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>40</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>103</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>18</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>14</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>62</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>26</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>91</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.249</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.295</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.404</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.699</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>Career</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>307</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1184</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>138</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>326</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>78</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>44</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>196</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>54</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>218</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.275</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.310</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.459</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.769</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

28 HRs 2 years ago.

SammyG
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Dodgers sent Loney to the minors, and he's pissed too. He hit a 440 foot home run, first pitch he saw in the minors this season. After that, apparently he called Grady Little and was like YOU SEE THAT!?. The kid is way good. Also fatass Penny better pitch good today.

Evil Vito
04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Good Lord, this team is on fire. Now they put up 11 runs with Oliver Perez going 7 innings and giving up 1 run. They didn't even need the longball.

Glavine vs. Smoltz tomorrow. Should be awesome.</font>

SammyG
04-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Holy shit @ Mets, yeah. Penny gave up 10 hits tonight, but only 1 run. Dodgers win 2-1.

FakeLaser
04-07-2007, 03:20 AM
God damn it. Mussina sucked tonight.

SammyG
04-07-2007, 03:23 AM
I'm expecting a good game by Lowe tommorrow... Lowe started Opening Day. I wonder why Tomko isnt pitching.. we went througrh 1,2,3,4 and we aren't gonna pitch our 5 starter, and just start over at 1 again. No complaints, i just think its weird.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-07-2007, 04:17 AM
So Tampa Bay has demote Cantu to the minors. He's pissed and wants to be traded. As a Jays fan that KNOWS our team need help up the middle, I can only hope the Jays land him. The guy had like 120 RBIs a couple seasons ago. Something like 15-20 Hrs. Wow, not sure why the Rays are giving up on him so soon this year.
He might as well not wear a glove because he doesn't know how to use it. That and he's lazy and has a bad attitude.

YOUR Hero
04-07-2007, 11:19 AM
yeah perhaps. I don't know much about Tampa or their players. I did notice he had a lot of errors.

Dragon
04-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Hopefully we get a starter going more than 4 innings today.

SammyG
04-07-2007, 01:49 PM
GOD DAMNIT I FORGOT TO START ZAMBRANO TODAY FUCK

FakeLaser
04-07-2007, 02:09 PM
So Igawa sucks right now.

The Miz
04-07-2007, 02:25 PM
LOL nice one Xavier Nady

Dragon
04-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Yup, continuing the trend of 4-5 inning starts.

FakeLaser
04-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Bruney is nasty

SammyG
04-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Dodgers/Giants on FOX right now :D

FakeLaser
04-07-2007, 04:17 PM
A-ROD WALK OFF GRAND SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FakeLaser
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
OH MY GOD I AM GOING CRAZY HERE

FakeLaser
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
FUCKING JACKED IT INTO THE BLACK SEATS AT YANKEE STADIUM

Dragon
04-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Haha yeah, so awesome. Perfect spot and everything for him to come through and he hits a grand slam.

SammyG
04-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Sweet, Lowe rebounds nicely, Dodgers win.

MVP
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
J.C. Romero has caught the Red Sox bullpen disease. Terrible

toxic rooster
04-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Yah, Lowe threw good baseball today =)

Igawa got lit up on his first start as well :o

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-08-2007, 03:02 AM
I cant believe A-Rod actaully hit a homerun when the Yankees werent already up by 2 runs

YOUR Hero
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
JD Drew looks stellar in right field.

FakeLaser
04-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Both homers A-Rod hit yesterday put the Yankees in the lead.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-08-2007, 01:20 PM
He will still find a way to fuck up something and get boo'd out of Yankee Stadium.......then take a curtain call the same game?

ct2k
04-08-2007, 01:26 PM
It was the defense which pissed me off last year not his offence, I know it was a down year for him but no one can really piss and moan about a 40hr 110rbi type season from a 3B

McLegend
04-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Yankees fan can be pissed about it actually.

McLegend
04-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Philadelphia fans would never boo that :shifty:

FakeLaser
04-08-2007, 01:31 PM
A-Rod will be good this year, I have faith.

SammyG
04-08-2007, 02:45 PM
He hit another one in the first inning today. Wolfpac in the house for the Dodgers on the mound today, going up against Zito..

Evil Vito
04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Mets drop 2 straight to the fucking Braves, pathetic offense today. Bob Davidson also can go fuck himself, worst umpired game I've seen so far this year. Didn't matter which team was pitching, he just was inconsistent as hell.

Ah well...no worries. Home Opener tomorrow :cool:
Shame I'll miss it</font> :(

Fenix122
04-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Heilman sucks....that is all.

Evil Vito
04-08-2007, 04:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Heilman's biggest problem is that he is seemingly incapable of going more than one inning before hitters pick up on him.

What sickens me, however, is that the Mets board is loaded with panicking people declaring the Braves the 2007 NL East champs and panicking that we are in 2nd place after a whopping 6 games. Pathetic.</font>

ct2k
04-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Last nights victory against the O's was apparently 'urgent' according to some:roll:

SammyG
04-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Gonzo with 2 HR's !

YOUR Hero
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Jays won't fade. (too soon?)

The Miz
04-08-2007, 09:53 PM
So according to Peter Gammons on Sunday Night Baseball just now, Schilling showed up to camp a fatass because he skipped his usual workout routine this winter in favor of being more involved in his video game company. Sweet d00d

SammyG
04-08-2007, 10:02 PM
He did good for me in fantasy today.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow just walked 2 dudes in a row then Lofton bunted for a base hit off either Pinero or Romero I'm having a hard time keeping them seperated

Schilling did do work tonight, but no outs based juiced right now

Supreme Olajuwon
04-08-2007, 10:35 PM
pretty happy I drafted A-Rod in both my fantasy leagues so far

prolly gonna hit .386 65 hr 170 rbi 26 sb 145 r

5 star lock

Loose Cannon
04-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Zito got shelled today.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Papelbon is my boy

toxic rooster
04-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Yah Papelbon was enormous today

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Papelbon is pretty much enormous everyday, I am glad they moved him back to the closer spot.

toxic rooster
04-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Oh and another slow start to the season for Zito. Got poundeddddd today

YOUR Hero
04-09-2007, 01:07 AM
So according to Peter Gammons on Sunday Night Baseball just now, Schilling showed up to camp a fatass because he skipped his usual workout routine this winter in favor of being more involved in his video game company. Sweet d00d

Yeah I heard that while watching the game. I thought WTF?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Just saw on Sportcenter Yankees starters have an era of 9.97 and haven't gone past the 5 inning once yet...excellent

BCWWF
04-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Twins will sweep the Yankees

Evil Vito
04-09-2007, 06:56 AM
<font color=goldenrod>HOME OPENER TODAYYYYYYYY :cool:

I'm so pumped even though I'll be stuck at school for rehearsal. Trying my best to find a small radio to smuggle in.

Should be a great game though. John Maine and Cole Hamels are the only two SPs remaining with ERAs of 0.00, so something's gotta give. Hopefully the offense will go back to the way it should be and we'll hit well off of Hamels today.</font>

toxic rooster
04-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Unlucky for Victor :( was hitting well Opening Week till he got injured yesterday.

At least he'll miss a few less games with the snow-outs and all.

Dragon
04-09-2007, 12:03 PM
So the whole Cleveland/Seattle series was postponed now? That is gonna be a bitch making up because I don't think Seattle plays any more games this season at the Indians.

toxic rooster
04-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah. At least it means they can use the top of their rotation against Anaheim, so it's not all bad. Just hope Westbrook doesn't need to fall back on run support too often.

Apparently they're trying to move the Angels series to Anaheim as well.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-09-2007, 12:56 PM
So the whole Cleveland/Seattle series was postponed now? That is gonna be a bitch making up because I don't think Seattle plays any more games this season at the Indians.
They will find a way to squeeze them, and if worse comes to worse they can just add a game or two at the end of the season. I remember the Red Sox went down to Philly to play one make up game at the end of the 2004 season

McLegend
04-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Ryan Howard is a hero

McLegend
04-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Shame the Phillies suck right now though.

McLegend
04-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Fuckin Bullpen.

RoXer
04-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Oakland A's

SammyG
04-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Jason Schmidt just went yard, WOOOOOOOOOOO. Does that count in fantasy if i have him pitching??

RoXer
04-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Also, Arizona Diamondbacks.

RoXer
04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
And while I'm thinking about it, what do you think of the new announcer, Dave Wadding? I think he sounds exactly like Brennamen. Except, he is from the Angels so we'll see.

Also, these new colors are fucking retarded.

FakeLaser
04-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Jason Schmidt just went yard, WOOOOOOOOOOO. Does that count in fantasy if i have him pitching??
No.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-09-2007, 06:39 PM
That is retarded - it should count as an extra stat. It does that for football when someone like a QB makes a tackle or something

FakeLaser
04-09-2007, 06:41 PM
It seems like a good idea but then it could make NL pitchers more valuable than AL pitchers. Or less valuable, actually, they'd fuck up your batting average and crap. In NL-only leagues pitcher's hitting stats probably count, I don't know though, never done it.

Also, we made Steve Tracschel look like a decent pitcher, we better not do the same with Sidney Ponson.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Actaully yeah I wasn't even thinking about only one league batting. Guess it wouldn't really work then

MVP
04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah I'm thinking Dan Wheeler will be closing by the end of the month.

Make that the end of the week :D

FakeLaser
04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
If I needed a closer I'd be all over Dan Wheeler right now.

FakeLaser
04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Also, Pavano is on a roll right now.

Dragon
04-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Nice, 7 IP 2 ERs for Pavano, only throwing 79 pitches.

A-Rod also with another home run.

Loose Cannon
04-09-2007, 10:10 PM
yea, Pavano had his stuff. Abreu had a good game as well.

Evil Vito
04-09-2007, 10:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The crowd was awesome today. Every single Phillie (even the trainers and coaches) got booed, and Rollins' boos were merciless. After the error that screwed the Phils over occurred, a massive "JIMMY ROLLINS" chant broke out. :cool:

But yeah, good to see the offense finally come back to form...especially in the first game this year in which our starter struggled. Burgos also worries me, especially after he hit that obvious Howard HR. But when he's on, look out. The rest of the 'pen looked excellent.

Now they get to face Adam Eaton on Wednesday after a day off.</font>

Fenix122
04-10-2007, 11:13 AM
yeah but it helped that philly had the error and the wild pitch though. after that the mets just rolled.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I hope that Pavano thing was just a fluke, even so I am feeling pretty good 'bout the Sox chances since the Yankees pitching looks pretty suspect and I dunno how much they can really improve.

Boondock Saint
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Beckett you're my boyyyyy

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Jeff Weaver for Cy Young

MVP
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
LMAO at Brendan Donnelly

The Miz
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Jeff Weaver for Cy Young