PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2007 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Triple A
08-18-2007, 08:04 PM
CAN'T WAITTTTTTT

Gonzo
08-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm so optimistic about the Giants this year. This is pretty much make or break. Honestly, if we do not win this year, our franchise is doomed for years. This is the way I look at it:

Win: This goes hand in hand with Eli Manning. If Eli plays like he is capable of (which he has shown at times but has been inconsistent) then we will win (hopefully). If this happens, everyone is happy and Coughlin keeps his job.

Lose: We probably get a new coach. That new coach will probably get a new staff. Who knows if the next guy will want to try his hand with Eli, or dump him for a new face. Then, we're pretty much stuck without any viable veteran QB (yeah we have Anthony Wright but we're not talking anyone who is going to manage above .500). We have to get a new QB to be the face of the franchise, and by this time all the veterans you have now (Strahan, Shockey, Burress, Toomer, maybe Umenyiora, Wilson, Pierce) are either twilights of their former selves or retired/gone to another team.

Its either win or we're fucked.

mrslackalack
08-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Should be an interesting season.

VonErichLives
08-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Pats v. Colts AFC championship, winner gets to beat the NFC for the superbowl.

by the way, while NO at Indy will be a nice game, didn't the NFL really miss the boat by not making NE @ Indy the kickoff game?

mrslackalack
08-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Nice opening season game but a Colts/Pats KICKOFF game woulda been a monster in the ratings and heavily hyped.

Gonzo
08-19-2007, 12:42 AM

by the way, while NO at Indy will be a nice game, didn't the NFL really miss the boat by not making NE @ Indy the kickoff game?

Wasn't it the kickoff game a couple years ago? Can't remember.

I don't really "get up" for the whole kickoff game. I mean, I'm interested in the NFL, but I'm interested in the Giants specifically so much more. The kickoff game is good I guess because it marks the beginning of the NFL season, but I would enjoy the Giants season opener no matter what because its the start of the Giants season.

Nervous Ferret
08-19-2007, 01:45 AM
J-E-T-S JETS JET S JEST

road doggy dogg
08-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Jon "50 TDs / 10 wins" Kitna

Supreme Olajuwon
08-19-2007, 01:56 AM

I think they figure the game will generate more buzz later in the season when both teams will most likely be in 1st place competing for the top seed in the playoffs.

Opening week is too cluttered to stick the main event game in there. It'd be like a concert where the headliner went on before the opening acts.

Kris P Lettus
08-19-2007, 01:58 AM
They made the opening game what the Super Bowl should have been..

SammyG
08-19-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm more optimistic about the Rams this year than I have been in a long time. I believe they will win the NFC West this year, everyone keeps sleeping on them, but it's best to be under the radar. Steven Jackson is the man, Bulger is accurate as hell, our receivers are great. Our D needs to step up, but with a great offense, they don't have to be really good. Just average. I dunno, I'm gonna say a 10-6 record, and NFC West Champs.

Nervous Ferret
08-19-2007, 02:29 AM
..:roll:

Chad Pennington is probably my favorite person of all time, but I really don't know if he is capable of taking le JETS to the Superbowl.

Hopefully Thomas Jones is not theriously hurt and HOPEFULLY will be good for 1,300 yards and 8TDS.

Jerricho Cotchery and Lav Coles are a way underrated recieving duo

Jets FINALLY have serious big play potential with Justin Miller and Darrelle Revis returning kicks, Leon Washington, Brad Smith and now apparently Chansi Stuckey. Something they NEVER heard with Herm Edwards

D'Brickashaw/Mangold and the rest of the line will only get better

It'll be interesting to see if Revis pans out as a shut down corner, but I am honestly more pumped about the David Harris pick. He should hopefully take some pressure off Wilma in the 3-4

As long as the Jets can stay healthy (which they won't :'( ) they will probably at least make the playoffs again. For me it all goes back to Chad and wether or not he can make a real NFL pass over 8 yards (which he can't) but that's why they play the games ehhhhhhhhhh

Kris P Lettus
08-19-2007, 03:45 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bTAnm95hPQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bTAnm95hPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Kris P Lettus
08-19-2007, 04:15 AM
Check this out..

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="318" width="325" id="" align="middle" data="http://downloads.thespringbox.com/web/wrapper.php?file=NFL GameTrax.sbw">

<param name="allowNetworking" value="all" />

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />

<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />

<param name="movie" value="http://downloads.thespringbox.com/web/wrapper.php?file=NFL GameTrax.sbw" />

<param name="flashvars" value="param=20070816012&partner_id=0" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="bgColor" value="0x000000" />

</object>

<div style="font:11px/12px arial;width:325px; text-align:center;"><a href="http://www.springwidgets.com/widgetize/27/?param=20070816012&partner_id=0&width=325&height=318" target="_blank">Get this widget!</a></div>

Kris P Lettus
08-19-2007, 04:16 AM
That is pretty BA Baracus right there...

VonErichLives
08-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Last I checked the super bowl was the 2 teams that won the confrence championships, I'm pretty sure the game had the correct teams, your Saints simply lost (and before you say "so did the pats") I'm not the one saying the superbowl had the wrong nfc team.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bTAnm95hPQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bTAnm95hPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

oh, like he's the first guy from Indiana to have a farm animal in his hotel room.

Side note back to the kickoff game, when they started it, I believe it was the superbowl champ vs. the team they beat in ther cofrence game (see: Pats v. Raiders, Pats v. Colts).

That was one of Polian complaints, it wasn't fair playing the Pats week #1 in NE because if the colts lost, they played the rest of the season knowing the wouldn't have homefield advantage.

dunno, that and the pats/colts game later in the season isn't even primetime... just seems like the nlf missed the boat on that one.

Gonzo
08-19-2007, 03:05 PM
I personally wouldn't care if I didn't see that game, I'm sure there are plenty of other people who feel the same way.

Nervous Ferret
08-19-2007, 08:10 PM
I have ZERO interest in Colts/Pats, why do they even play every year when they aren't in the same division. The games haven't even been that good if I recall

Team Sheep
08-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I hope the Jets canget to the playoffs again, whilst being a serious threat to New England for the AFC East asswell, but I dunno. It's a tougher schedule this year. We really did take advantage of a piss easy schedule last year that every other team in the NFL would have killed for. An interesting note is that we were 4-4 at home, but 6-2 away. We traveled really well last year (apart from the trip to Jacksonvile, ahem...).

But yeah, if you look at who we beat, we beat Buffalo, Miami x2, New England, Houston, Green Bay, Minnesota, Oakland, Tennessee and Detroit. The only impressive one out of that lot are the Patriots, and you could say Tennessee but we played them in week 1 and they didn't start picking up wins until like week 9 or something. But saying that, you gotta beat what's in front of you, and we did.

Still, our schedule this season could have been a lot worse, but there's no denying that it is definitely a much tougher one. But the team are a year older, a year smarter, and have that extra year's experience, and now know what it takes to get to the playoffs. Plus a solid all round running back in Thomas Jones which is a huge bonus.

See how it all pans out I guess.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I have ZERO interest in Colts/Pats, why do they even play every year when they aren't in the same division. The games haven't even been that good if I recall
Because every year in your conference you face every team from one division and the teams from the other two divisions that finished in the same place as you. The Colts and Pats are always in 1st so they always play. So basically if the Jets weren't terrible we wouldn't see Colts/Pats every year.

So it's actually your fault.

Nervous Ferret
08-19-2007, 09:54 PM
ha I guess that is news to me. I knew the two against your division and the 1 NFC division that's 10. I guess I just thought the other 6 were completely arbitrary.

Kris P Lettus
08-19-2007, 10:04 PM
VEL, you need to lighten up..

Gonzo
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Giants looking "meh" right now. Too many stupid penalties (by both teams I'll say). Not completely terrible, but not really that great either.

mrslackalack
08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
What will the Bengals have more of this season? wins? or arrests?

mrslackalack
08-19-2007, 11:09 PM
I agree Team Sheep. While the Jets were a great sucess last season. They did play one of the weaker schedules in the NFL. The Bengals would have def made the playoffs had it not been for their brutual schedule and not pulling out the close game (had heartbreaking losses to Pitt, TB, Den, SD, and some1 else who I cant recall right now)

Kris P Lettus
08-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Read this at another football related board I frequent about Plaxico Burress "milking" his injury..

"I think his milk is going bad," said a player who overheard what another player said, according to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger.

Said Burress in response: "It's fine. But when I get back on the football field, when I get back out there and back to being No. 17 and making plays, everybody's going to shut up and get in line.

"You think I'm not out there because I don't want to? That would be crazy to think that. Everybody's entitled to their opinion. If they think that, then good for them. But when it comes time to strap it up on Sunday, I'll be one of the best players on the field."

Maybe it's just us, but shouldn't Burress be pissed off about this, if he really isn't milking the injury? And isn't he going to want to know who it is that thinks he's milking the injury, if he isn't milking the injury?

Shisen Kopf
08-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Jon Kitna says 10 wins. I believe him!!

mrslackalack
08-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Didnt Mike Furrey predict 12 for the Lions?

mrslackalack
08-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey they are 2-0 in the preseason LOL

Shisen Kopf
08-20-2007, 12:39 AM
I believe him too. Honestly, with the great Matt Millen at GM, I don't see why they can't go 16-0!

Mr. Monday Morning
08-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Can't see the Giants doing anything this year tbh. Eli is still mediocre, Jacobs isn't up to Tiki, no clear cut WR2 unless Toomer comes back (and even if he does he'll have lost what step he had), o-line is still pretty average, their best d-lineman is pissing and moaning, and the secondary is still pretty woeful. I just don't see it.

RP
08-20-2007, 08:52 AM
That whole Giants lockeroom needs to be blown up. Any teamates that say that shit should be gone and the sad thing is, its probably a teamate thats been around for a few years infecting the Giants organization. Eli Manning needs to step in and tell them to STFU seriously. Then Eli Manning needs to be a fucking Manning and not a Joey. All i ever read about concerning the Giants is someone complaining or someone talking shit about another player or in-lockeroom issues. Someone needs to clean that shit up, cause no team can win with that shit going on.

RP
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
And when Plaxico played last year, he was probably the best thing the Giants had.

RP
08-20-2007, 08:54 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/383148647_bbc1a674e0.jpg?v=0

first page

Hanso Amore
08-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I think the Bills are going to be muc hmore competitive that anyone thinks. Sadly I dont see a playoff birth due to the Hardest Schedule in the League and a tough division. I do see them playing spoiler for the JETS though. I hope they take 2 and it keeps the Jets from making the playoffs. I know New England is going to take the division, no doubt about it, So we are stuck aiming at 2 over the jets and Old Man Dolphins. 9-7 Here we come!

VonErichLives
08-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I personally wouldn't care if I didn't see that game, I'm sure there are plenty of other people who feel the same way.

I'm not saying this simply because I'm a Pats fan.

But, I tend to think that a game between 2 of the best teams in the last 7yrs, 2 teams who have won 4 of the last 7 superbowls, 2 teams that have a good rivalary....

baring one team being completely out of it when they meet, it will probably be one of the highest rated non-primetime games of the year.

take all the same situation and stats but make it 2 different teams, I'd say the same about those 2.

VonErichLives
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I think the Bills are going to be muc hmore competitive that anyone thinks. Sadly I dont see a playoff birth due to the Hardest Schedule in the League and a tough division. I do see them playing spoiler for the JETS though. I hope they take 2 and it keeps the Jets from making the playoffs. I know New England is going to take the division, no doubt about it, So we are stuck aiming at 2 over the jets and Old Man Dolphins. 9-7 Here we come!

Bills, Jets and Dolphins... one of them should step up and compete for a wildcard.

my early pick is the Phins, they have a better vertran QB this year, still a good defense and always seem to play the Patriots well.

RP
08-20-2007, 12:35 PM
The following teams will go undefeated and win the Superbowl this year.

Indianapolis Colts

RP
08-20-2007, 12:35 PM

Innovator
08-20-2007, 12:39 PM
That whole Giants lockeroom needs to be blown up. Any teamates that say that shit should be gone and the sad thing is, its probably a teamate thats been around for a few years infecting the Giants organization. Eli Manning needs to step in and tell them to STFU seriously. Then Eli Manning needs to be a fucking Manning and not a Joey. All i ever read about concerning the Giants is someone complaining or someone talking shit about another player or in-lockeroom issues. Someone needs to clean that shit up, cause no team can win with that shit going on.You pretty much nailed it spot on with the Giants

-Quiet personality or not, Eli needs to man up

-Jacobs needs to hit the hole harder, he's 265 he should dominate

-The complaining needs to stop. That and Tiki announcing he'd retire then shitting all over Coughlin killed the atmosphere they had. Strahan needs to get his ass to camp

Mr. Monday Morning
08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Bills, Jets and Dolphins... one of them should step up and compete for a wildcard.

my early pick is the Phins, they have a better vertran QB this year, still a good defense and always seem to play the Patriots well.

By all accounts Green is still playing like he just got concussed last week, and their o-line is porous at best.

Personally I think the AFC will shake out something like

1) Pats
2) Chargers
3) Colts
4) Ravens
5) Bengals
6) Broncos

Jets and Jags will push but not make it, IMHO.

RP
08-20-2007, 04:12 PM
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/602/602086/jersey-of-the-week-ron-mexico-20050406031734738.jpg

VonErichLives
08-20-2007, 04:18 PM
So, Mr. "not guilty" is doing a plea deal.

They're saying 6mo-1yr in jail and there is talk the NFL may hold off on a suspension while in jail since he can't play anyway and then suspend him.

SammyG
08-20-2007, 05:52 PM
lol Vick. Piece of shit. MTH where u at dawwg

VonErichLives
08-20-2007, 07:29 PM
lol Vick. Piece of shit. MTH where u at dawwg

past his bedtime..

cnn.com says they're seeking 18-36months in jail, but Vick atty is trying to get them to recomend less, the judge has the final say...

maybe Vick and Carruth can start a league in the pen.

SammyG
08-20-2007, 07:32 PM
ESPN said 10-12 months in Jail. You think Vick's career is over? I would certainly hope so.

Gonzo
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Realistically the next time he gets a chance to play in the NFL he will probably be about 30-31 years old. At that point his game is going to be so out of tune, and his greatest weapon (his legs) will not be as swift as they are now.

Crimson
08-20-2007, 09:26 PM
He's done. Franchise will be at the bottom for years now.

mrslackalack
08-20-2007, 11:21 PM
I heard prolly 3 years he will be back in the NFL. Thing is you wonder if any NFL team would actually take him.

mrslackalack
08-20-2007, 11:23 PM
The Falcons should have never traded Schaub

VonErichLives
08-21-2007, 12:29 AM
I heard prolly 3 years he will be back in the NFL. Thing is you wonder if any NFL team would actually take him.

We'll see if the Raiders need a QB...

or, if he still has some legs, maybe a RB....

yeah, I've heard anywhere from 10mo to 3yrs... it's really the judges call... I wouldn't be shocked if this judge makes a statement and you see Vick get the worst end of it.

Plus, figure whatever he gets in jail, add another 1yr suspension from the nfl when he gets out...

he's most likely done... but nothing would suprise me.

SammyG
08-21-2007, 02:51 AM
What if Joey Harrington gets injured? Seriously now, Atlanta would be COMPLETELY fucked.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-21-2007, 06:03 AM
If he admits to killing dogs he can additionally be prosecuted under Virginian state law. The others admitted to 8 dogs being killed - if he cosigns on that it equals 40 years.

VonErichLives
08-21-2007, 09:35 AM
If he admits to killing dogs he can additionally be prosecuted under Virginian state law. The others admitted to 8 dogs being killed - if he cosigns on that it equals 40 years.

I would assume his lawyers are smart enough to have the state involved in the Federal plea deal as not to get nailed again.

mrslackalack
08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
If Joey Harrington gets injured or has a medicore year then the Falcons will def draft one of the top notch QBs like Brian Brohm from Louisville (who played for Petreno) Andre Woodson off Kentucky, Colt Breenan off Hawaii, or J.D. Booty off USC.

mrslackalack
08-21-2007, 10:30 AM
I heard trading for Brunell or Holcomb were possible as well lol

mrslackalack
08-21-2007, 10:32 AM
LONGEST YARD THE REALITY SHOW

STARRING MICHAEL VICK AND RAE CARRUTH

WILL TANK JOHNSON, PACMAN JONES, AND ANY BENGAL PLAYER JOIN THEM THIS SEASON????????

mrslackalack
08-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Could you imagine if Boone did sports headlines as well

VICK TO GET DEATH PENALTY FOR HIS CRIMES? (SHOCKING) KOBE TO REUNITE WITH SHAQ IN MIAMI? HOT PANTY THONG SHOTS OF JENNIE FINCH MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Monday Morning
08-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I would assume his lawyers are smart enough to have the state involved in the Federal plea deal as not to get nailed again.

From what I remember the guy (Poindexter I think his name is) was quoted a couple days ago as saying he was waiting on Vick's response to see if he could go forward with things on his terms. It's all on profootballtalk.com but I'll try and dig out the specifics later if I remember.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I remembered

"Surry County, Virginia prosecutor Gerald Poindexter tells the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he intends to seek an indictment of Mike Vick when a grand jury convenes in September.

"The execution of these animals — and the manner in which they were executed — is startlingly offensive and demanding of prosecution," Poindexter said.

With signed statements from Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace indicating that they, and Vick, participated in the killing of eight dogs in April 2007, all that Poindexter has to do is submit the statements to the grand jury and indictments will flow.

In fact, we're wondering whether the lawyers for Phillips and Peace realized that their clients were admitting to facts that would subject each of them to up to an additional 40 years in prison under Virginia law. Unless the plea deal included a commitment from Poindexter that there will be no state charges against Phillips or Peace, both men have potentially signed away their freedom for a big chunk of their remaining lives.

Still, we don't think that these statements from Phillips and Peace mean that Vick will automatically be indicted. In fact, we wouldn't be surprised to hear Poindexter eventually announce that the grand jury decided that Phillips and Peace were not credible witnesses, and that therefore Vick shouldn't be indicted on animal cruelty charges.

We also wouldn't be surprised, given Poindexter's past handling of this matter, to see quotes from him as early as tomorrow in which he says that he won't be seeking an indictment of Vick."

This was from before Vick pleaded guilty though, so who knows.

mrslackalack
08-21-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.vickdogchewtoy.com/

Mr. Monday Morning
08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
UPDATED

"A major factor in the final outcome of the entire Mike Vick legal imbroglio is what will happen to him under Virginia law. Though several readers have raised with us the notion of "double jeopardy," Vick has not faced animal cruelty charges under state law. The feds had no jurisdiction over such crimes, since they happened only in Virginia. For now, Vick has pleaded guilty only to conspiracy to violate several federal statutes dealing with interstate gambling and interstate dog fighting. He has never been placed in jeopardy for animal cruelty charges.

And, if the statement of facts he signs on August 27 includes an admission that he participated in the killing of the eight dogs that Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace admitted to killing with Vick, then it will be very easy to prove that Vick violated Virginia law.

Even Gerald Poindexter can't screw that up.

Nor does he intend to.

"<a href="http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=130731&ran=155446">I intend to prosecute to the fullest extent anything I can prosecute him on in Surry County,</a>" Poindexter said on Monday.

SammyG
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
ok, ESPN is pissing me off. WAY too much Vick coverage.

Skippord
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
lol Poindexter

RP
08-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Ron Mexico is getting raped

mrslackalack
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Dont fumble the soap in the shower Mexico!

Hanso Amore
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Dont get horse-shoe tackled in the shower Mexico!

Fixed

SammyG
08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Woof Woof

Innovator
08-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Eagles cut Jeremiah Trotter

McLegend
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah I don't know what to think about this.

Eagles have a good history of knowing when to let go of people with the exception being Jeff Garcia.

Got to wait and see how this turns out.

SammyG
08-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Eagles know their shit.

Triple A
08-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Fucking Vick makes me want to spit.

SammyG
08-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Triple A, you have some explaining to do.

SammyG
08-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Also, HOLY SHIT @ that huge hit that Packers Linebacker laid on some Jaguar dude tonight. Helmet flew off.

mrslackalack
08-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Trotters rumored to go to TB. Also While I love Woody Paige I dont see the Saints being 8-8 and the Patriots going 1-3 to start out the season like he said.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey you guys hear about Mike Vick? I think he was involded with dog fighting and got caught or something

Nervous Ferret
08-23-2007, 11:39 PM
yeah i heard, i think he is still supposed to play though, prob just a fine or something

Gonzo
08-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Diesel Mac:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/fan_060910_gallery_600.jpeg

SammyG
08-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Boy, Croyle really solidified his starting job today with that excellent performance. Also, wtf, Vick won't admit he gambled on the dog fights, or killed any dogs.

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Croyle will likely be the starter now I believe.

SammyG
08-24-2007, 01:48 AM
lol slackalack, you obviously have no idea how Croyle did today, and you are trying to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about here. He went 5-17, with an INT. Therefore, my post was sarcastic.

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Well look at the Chiefs QB competion as well. Croyle will prolly still be the starter. Oh well LJ and Priest can always run the ball alot.

SammyG
08-24-2007, 02:06 AM
I would start Huard over Croyle in a heartbeat.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Gonna hand the ball off everytime either way

OssMan
08-24-2007, 04:13 AM
so Larry Johnson is a Mets fan, nice

D Mac
08-24-2007, 04:58 AM
:mad:

MTH15
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Is the preseason over yet :(

SammyG
08-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Mth, why are you so excited for the regular season? I wouldn't want the preseason to end if I was you.

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 04:11 PM
While the QB situation at Atlanta is pretty awful I feel Norwood could become a big time RB this season.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Mth, why are you so excited for the regular season? I wouldn't want the preseason to end if I was you.
So you aren't allowed to be excited for the upcoming season if your team isn't projected to be good?

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Every1 has to be excitied. Anything can happen during the NFL season.

MTH15
08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I already know the falcons are gonna be shit and I have said that 1000 times about Jerious Norwood, good to see someone sees it from my view

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Over/Under Will Steven Jackson get his guarntee of 2500 total yards this season? As much as I love to say over I gotta say under at about 2000 total yards for him. The Rams have so many new weapons and Brian Leonard should see a lil bit of carries as well.

Kris P Lettus
08-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Saints OWNED the Chiefs last night..

OssMan
08-25-2007, 02:07 AM
Ne news on Javon Walker or Travis Henry's injuries cause I traded both of them away :cool:

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Both are supposed to be ok to play Week 1 I heard.

SammyG
08-25-2007, 03:18 AM
How is Driver? also, LOLLLL Rams suck some cock so far. Starting offense, defense, and special teams have done terrible in these 3 first preseason games.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Vick admitted he helped kill 8 dogs. That's 5 years per dog = 40 years, if the Virgina sherriff doesn't pussy out. Bye bye Mike.

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
No way he serves over 24 months..

Sammy, LOL @ that RB (number 23) hurdling that Raiders defender..

Conspiracy Victim Vito
08-25-2007, 12:25 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I can't believe there's still 2 weeks of pre-season left. :( Even though I don't feel as though the Giants are gonna do anything this year, there's really nothing I love more than watching Giants football.

I keep hearing Strahan is close to returning. Tbh I wouldn't be shocked if he just shows up to the first practice AFTER the last pre-season game. I bet he just wanted to skip pre-season. Apparently he's been working out.

Gonna be interesting to see how the 53-man roster shapes up. I think they'll be the first team to essentially carry 3 long snappes (sorta. DeOssie is gonna play backup LB and snap for punts I think. Jay Alford is a backup DT but they haven't been letting him play the field because they need him to snap. And Kuehl will make the team unless its determined he won't be able to play this year)</font>

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Id say if the Giants do bad this year the fans will prolly start chanting Cowher Cowher Cowher!

SammyG
08-25-2007, 01:03 PM
No way he serves over 24 months..

Sammy, LOL @ that RB (number 23) hurdling that Raiders defender..
Dude, that was fucking amazing. He did that shit in Rutgers too. Brian Leonard is great.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-25-2007, 01:32 PM
LOL

http://cmsimg.enquirer.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Dato=20070825&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=308250024&Ref=AR&Q=80&MaxW=450&MaxH=475&Site=AB&Q=80&Border=0&Title=0

that's a 12 acre corn maze for those of you wondering

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey Supreme, Click Here (http://neworleanssaints.com/Multimedia/Photo%20Galleries.aspx)..

Good pics of the Saints Bengals practice..

There's also a video of it in the multimedia section..

D Mac
08-25-2007, 03:45 PM

Good teams win in the regular and post season, not in August..

FYI

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I am hoping that the Bengals get more wins this season than arrests. They failed to do that last season and they had 8 wins.

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 03:53 PM
http://s.neworleanssaints.com/%2f%7e%2fmedia%2f81E4F1B2DEFF4DEA84CBB7E72214AF1D.ashx?w=480&mw=480&h=270&mh=270&bc=000000

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
http://s.neworleanssaints.com/%7E/media/DFAABD83A14A4432B80BD98D1D412DA6.ashx?mw=450&mh=360&h=360&w=450&bc=000000

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 04:03 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dxkqe5rn7M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dxkqe5rn7M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SammyG
08-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks Kris P. I dunno why I struggled so much with that. That is fucking ssiiicckkkk.

D Mac
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img9630946.jpg

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
<table xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="20">
</td></tr></tbody></table><table xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="black16bold" align="center" width="18%">New Orleans 30</td><td width="64%">
</td><td class="black16bold" align="center" width="18%">Kansas City 7</td></tr></tbody></table><table xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="center" width="18%">http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_helmets/saints-right.gif</td><td align="center" width="64%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="section_medium"><td class="black12bold"> Final</td><td class="black11bold" align="center" width="8%">1</td><td class="black11bold" align="center" width="8%">2</td><td class="black11bold" align="center" width="8%">3</td><td class="black11bold" align="center" width="8%">4</td><td class="black11bold" align="center" width="8%">T</td></tr><tr><td class="black11bold"> Saints</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">0</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">13</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">0</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">17</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">30</td></tr><tr><td colspan="8">http://images.usatoday.com/_common/_images/ipr/grey.gif</td></tr><tr><td class="black11bold"> Chiefs</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">0</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">0</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">0</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">7</td><td class="black11bold" align="center">7</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td align="center" width="18%">http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_helmets/chiefs-left.gif</td></tr><tr><td class="black10bold"> </td><td class="black10bold">
</td><td class="black10bold"> </td></tr></tbody></table><table xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="black11" align="center" width="18%">August 23, 2007</td><td class="black11" align="center" nowrap="nowrap" width="64%">Arrowhead Stadium-Attendance: 72,283 (79,409) </td><td class="black11" align="center" width="18%"> Time: 2:51</td></tr></tbody></table>

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Stats (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores107/107235/NFL768517.htm)

Total Yards:

Saints-479
Chiefs-153

First Downs:

Saints-27
Chiefs-11

Time of Possesion:

Saints-37:13
Chiefs-22:47

Who Dat??

SammyG
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
WHAT DAT? PRESEASON

Huard won the starting job by the way. Good decision IMO

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
lol

I don't really care.. I just said:

DM followed me into another thread talking shit..

I realize it's just preseason..

MTH15
08-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Lol he jumped over him, Ive yet to see a Falcon preseason game

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 11:07 PM
At least the preseasons almost over. I mean High School Football has already started. D-1 College football starts thurs and NFL is not that far off.

Kris P Lettus
08-26-2007, 12:08 AM
6 WR taken in the first round of the draft..

All their stats as of now:

Calvin Johnson - 2 catches, 45 yards
Ted Ginn Jr - 1 catch, 9 yards
Dwayne Bowe - 1 catch, 21 yards
Robert Meachem - 4 catches, 32 yards, 1 TD
Craig Davis - 3 catches, 20 yards
Anthony Gonzelez - 3 catches, 40 yards

That's right, Meach has the only TD this preseason..

Who Dat??

DrA
08-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Oh for christ sakes Krispy

mrslackalack
08-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Meach could end up being a great WR. If he had returned for his senior season at Tenn he woulda been a top 5 pick in the 08 draft most likely.

SammyG
08-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Brady Quinn is the man.

MTH15
08-26-2007, 09:20 AM
I hope we trade for Chris Simms

RP
08-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Peyton Manning is the man

RP
08-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Peyton Manning is pretty ruthless tbh. I mean the guy is playing first halfs in the preseason like its not a playoff game.

:shifty:

SammyG
08-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Brady Quinn will be in Canton in 2027

Skippord
08-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Visiting Jay Cutler's bust

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
6 WR taken in the first round of the draft..

All their stats as of now:

Calvin Johnson - 2 catches, 45 yards
Ted Ginn Jr - 1 catch, 9 yards
Dwayne Bowe - 1 catch, 21 yards
Robert Meachem - 4 catches, 32 yards, 1 TD
Craig Davis - 3 catches, 20 yards
Anthony Gonzelez - 3 catches, 40 yards

That's right, Meach has the only TD this preseason..

Who Dat??hahahahah

Supreme Olajuwon
08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
I hear "Jay Cutler" and "bust" together in a lot of sentences

Nervous Ferret
08-26-2007, 08:17 PM
I really can't tell who is the more ridiculous character in this thread, mrslackalack or Kris P. Lettus

SammyG
08-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Brady Quinn will definitely NOT be the starter come week 1, according to their GM.

mrslackalack
08-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Thats what I heard as well.

Crimson
08-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Raiders are 2-1 in the pre-season...I think they are in line for a superbowl run. [/Krispy]

OssMan
08-27-2007, 01:17 AM
I hereby declare Brady Quinn a bust - SammyG

SammyG
08-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Haha, nope. He is gonna be solid.

VonErichLives
08-27-2007, 01:34 AM
Hey Krisp, are you going to make 10 different posts everytime the saints win a game? if so let us know so we can put you on ignore now...

really, it's one thing to celebrate a win or playoffs or a championship, but all these photos and youtubes and crap for pre-season games is really silly.

D Mac
08-27-2007, 07:08 AM
YEAH what he said.

RP
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Krisp, are you going to make 10 different posts everytime the saints win a game? if so let us know so we can put you on ignore now...

really, it's one thing to celebrate a win or playoffs or a championship, but all these photos and youtubes and crap for pre-season games is really silly.

I see alot of me in Krispy. Pre-Indianapolis Colts Superbowl win that is.

mrslackalack
08-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Merill Hoge proclaimed that Brady Quinn at best will be a journeyman backup QB. But you got to remember Hoge also proclaimed Reggie Bush would have 30 Total TD's his rookie year and that Vince Young would be out of the NFL in 3 seasons.

mrslackalack
08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Cant wait till the first Sunday Night Football Reg Season Kickoff between Colts and Saints considering its RP vs Krispy and I know there will be some smack talk going on.

Nervous Ferret
08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
^lol

Nervous Ferret
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
This Mike Vick roundtable nonsense on ESPN is freaking worse than when T.O committed suicide.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I woke up at 1 in the afternoon to ESPN saying "We will continue our full coverage on the Michael Vick story until 4 PM"

lol I mean I realize they talk about Vick constantly anyway but they can't afford to sneak in a few non-Vick stories in the next 3 hours?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah,

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10319799

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel ended his holdout Monday, returning to the team after missing the first three preseason games.

Samuel was taking a physical Monday, coach Bill Belichick said.

It was not immediately clear whether he would practice with the team later in the day, and Belichick declined to comment on whether Samuel would play in the Patriots' preseason finale Thursday against the visiting New York Giants.

"It's always good to have all your players available," Belichick said.

The Patriots made Samuel their franchise player after he tied Denver's Champ Bailey for the NFL regular-season lead with 10 interceptions last season. But Samuel refused to accept the tender offer of $7.79 million for this season, skipped the team's mandatory minicamp last month and missed most of training camp.

The Patriots drafted Samuel in the fourth round out of Central Florida in 2003.

Loose Cannon
08-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Vick had a few choice words for the media today. Here is part of the transcript:

"We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about dog fights. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about a couple dogs being killed, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about dog fights. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about dog fighting and gambling man. How silly is that?"

Nervous Ferret
08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
"I have found Jesus" - Mike Vick

Supreme Olajuwon
08-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Bengals play the Falcons tonight on MNF. I'm guessing they won't talk about Carson Palmer much.

SammyG
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
"Dogfighting is terrible"- Mike Vick.

Kris P Lettus
08-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Oh for christ sakes Krispy

:foc:

Kris P Lettus
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM

What the fuck are you talking about??

DM followed me into casual to talk shit.. Just having alittle fun with him..

Raiders are 2-1 in the pre-season...I think they are in line for a superbowl run. [/Krispy]

What??

Kris P Lettus
08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
And yes, I will prolly be making 10 different posts everytime the saints win a game, which means I'll have well over 200 posts in this thread..

DrA
08-27-2007, 11:51 PM
So, you are going to make well over 200 posts crying about the Saints going 0-16?

mrslackalack
08-28-2007, 12:35 AM
DEC 10th 2007 ESPN will just talk about Michael Vick, and nothing about NFL, NBA, or College FB or B-Ball.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-28-2007, 12:53 AM
lol this is shaping up to be one of the worst "NFL season threads" in the history of TPWW

Supreme Olajuwon
08-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Krispy just thinks if he acts this way people will forget he's a bandwagon jumper.

Skippord
08-28-2007, 01:52 AM
I hear "Jay Cutler" and "bust" together in a lot of sentences
"Jay Cutler is not a bust and should hereby be declared king of the world"

D Mac
08-28-2007, 05:58 AM
So, you are going to make well over 200 posts crying about the Saints going 0-16?
:lol:

RP
08-28-2007, 11:56 AM
PREDICTION: Indianapolis Colts will have the best defense in the NFL this year. Bob Sanders

SammyG
08-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Shawne Merriman.

OssMan
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
prediction: ESPN will show Michael Vick coverage instead of the Falcons vs somebody Monday Night Football game on December 10th

mrslackalack
08-28-2007, 11:04 PM
ESPN goes overboard when it comes to a huge story. (bonds breaking the HR record, and the Vick case)

SammyG
08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
You would know, you work for them.

mrslackalack
08-29-2007, 12:53 AM
haha I wish SammyG

mrslackalack
08-29-2007, 12:54 AM
I believe ESPN people make great money. I read Sean Salisbury earns a million per year for being an NFL analyist.

SammyG
08-30-2007, 11:29 PM
lol, Diesel, the Chiefs are so terrible.

Kris P Lettus
08-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Supreme's right, I only love the Saints cause of Drew Brees and Reggie Bush..

mrslackalack
08-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Best 2 pickups for the Saints ever IMO.

SammyG
08-31-2007, 02:20 AM
Nahh. Jim Everett. Wait, did he play for the Saints? I know he was a Ram for a while..

FearedSanctity
08-31-2007, 06:58 AM
According to PFT, this will be the NFL's new logo come the 2008 draft...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/NewShield.jpg

RP
08-31-2007, 01:26 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Supreme Olajuwon
08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKdNdNAManc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKdNdNAManc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SammyG
08-31-2007, 02:31 PM
lol RP, that was tremendous.

Nervous Ferret
08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
According to PFT, this will be the NFL's new logo come the 2008 draft...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/NewShield.jpgAs opposed to...

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/ROJONES/NFL%20LOGO.jpg (http://www.nfl.com/)

:|

SammyG
08-31-2007, 03:11 PM
The new logo looks terrible.

Gonzo
08-31-2007, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't even notice a difference probably, if no one had pointed it out.

SammyG
08-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah only like 17 less stars.

SammyG
08-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Tubbs out for the year, SWEET. AAAAND, looks like we are gonna be signing Simeon Rice. SIICKKKK.

SammyG
08-31-2007, 08:42 PM
whoooa wait, what the fuck. We are getting Ernie Conwell too?! WAHT THE FUCK.

MTH15
08-31-2007, 10:06 PM
lmfao "Ernie" Sesame Street. I was loling in class cause we had to read a newspaper article on Vick and it said Joey Harringtons first snap he go sacked. I was so loling

Kris P Lettus
08-31-2007, 11:40 PM
Ernie Conwell is a beast..

LOL @ Rome

RP
08-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Rodney harrison suspended 4 games for admitting to taking HGH. I guess we know how the Patriots win there Superbowls now.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-01-2007, 02:11 AM
holy shit that's worse than the Colts losing to the Bengals

SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD

SammyG
09-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Ernie Conwell is awesome, but umm.. we already have 4 TEs. Mcmichael, Klopfenstein, Byrd and Walker. Dunno why we would want another one. Oh, and I guess Rice left without a contract, but there is still mutual interest, so who knows I guess. I was completely shocked to see Harrison suspended 4 games, shit is ridiculous. Wonder how Stima feels about this.

OssMan
09-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Strahan ended his holdout

Hanso Amore
09-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I have always hated Harrison. He is dirty and takes cheap shots at people all the time, and now we know he uses HGH. Scum bag.

RP
09-01-2007, 08:58 AM
holy shit that's worse than the Colts losing to the Bengals

SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD

I like how you channeled some Kris P. Lettuce in this post.

Innovator
09-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Awesome, I just became a Harrison fan

SammyG
09-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Harrison is the reason the Rams won the Superbowl that year. Had he not taken a cheap shot on Trent Green in a preseason game, the legend of Kurt Warner would not happen.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
09-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow good thing the Pats drafted Merriweather

mrslackalack
09-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Garrard is the Jags starting QB. Leftwich to be traded or released. Falcons are interested in him.

MTH15
09-01-2007, 02:38 PM
YES!!!!!!! And I love Meriweather, my favorite FS

Jesus Shuttlesworth
09-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Leftwich came outta no where eh? Didn't they just say like 2 weeks ago he won the starting job?

VonErichLives
09-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Rodney harrison suspended 4 games for admitting to taking HGH. I guess we know how the Patriots win there Superbowls now.

of course, that was the only reason :p

I admit, I'm disapointed in him, the only thing that is nice is he didn't try and deny it or fight it, there isn't a test for the HGH if I heard correctly they busted some company selling stuff over the net and he was on the list of buyers, so the (DA's office? or FBI?) questioned him and then Goodell and he told the truth... he could have tried to deny it or fight it... sucks not getting him for 4 games... although will be interesting if there are more names on the list, wouldn't be shocked if 1/2 the NFL was on some for of HGH.

I have always hated Harrison. He is dirty and takes cheap shots at people all the time, and now we know he uses HGH. Scum bag.

First, I think it's "used HGH" I don't think he was using anymore, either way... scumb bag doesn't quite fit for me with him. Now, if he was fighting dogs then I'd agree with you :)

As for the cheap shots, it's funny, he had the rep in SD and he comes here and everyone goes "oh, he just plays hard" and I laugh, when he was in SD people here called him one of the dirtiest players in the game, now he comes here and he just "plays hard" that being said, he been pretty good since he's been here with that crap so maybe he "changed his ways".

Same thing with Seau, "most over rated MLB ever, jumps on the pile and get's 1/2 tackles to bump his numbers"... comes here and he's one of the best ever...

but this happens most places, everyone hates a player until he's on their team.

D Mac
09-01-2007, 05:03 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I was just thinking about that the other day. :lol:

D Mac
09-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah only like 17 less stars.

And the football is different. And the L is not curved.

Hanso Amore
09-01-2007, 05:42 PM
of course, that was the only reason :p

I admit, I'm disapointed in him, the only thing that is nice is he didn't try and deny it or fight it, there isn't a test for the HGH if I heard correctly they busted some company selling stuff over the net and he was on the list of buyers, so the (DA's office? or FBI?) questioned him and then Goodell and he told the truth... he could have tried to deny it or fight it... sucks not getting him for 4 games... although will be interesting if there are more names on the list, wouldn't be shocked if 1/2 the NFL was on some for of HGH.

First, I think it's "used HGH" I don't think he was using anymore, either way... scumb bag doesn't quite fit for me with him. Now, if he was fighting dogs then I'd agree with you :)

As for the cheap shots, it's funny, he had the rep in SD and he comes here and everyone goes "oh, he just plays hard" and I laugh, when he was in SD people here called him one of the dirtiest players in the game, now he comes here and he just "plays hard" that being said, he been pretty good since he's been here with that crap so maybe he "changed his ways".

Same thing with Seau, "most over rated MLB ever, jumps on the pile and get's 1/2 tackles to bump his numbers"... comes here and he's one of the best ever...

but this happens most places, everyone hates a player until he's on their team.

Uses.....Used....Quite frankly its the same thing to me now. His rep is sullied forever. Forget all the good he could do, he will always be a cheater now! Kind of the Old saying, You can do a Million good deeds, but if you blow one dude, youll be remembered as a Cock Sucker.

SammyG
09-01-2007, 07:44 PM
C'mmonnn sign Rice already.

Kris P Lettus
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Damn, Saints cuts some decent players including Antonio Pittman, who we seemingly wasted a forth round pick on and traded up to get.. Glad they kept Pierre Thomas though.. That kid is a stud..

road doggy dogg
09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Wow Colts cut both their potential backup RBs. I expected them to get rid of Dawson, but Dorsey too?

Also, lol @ rumors of Pats releasing Moss already surfacing.

Kris P Lettus
09-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Also, I am sad they cut Reis (S) and Willie Evans (DE) because both of them looked awesome against the Phins..

RP
09-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Wow Colts cut both their potential backup RBs. I expected them to get rid of Dawson, but Dorsey too?

all we need is Joe Addai and Jeff Saturday. The other 51 can sit on the sidelines and wait for the Superbowl.

MTH15
09-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Leftwich was released, cmon Falcons make a move

RP
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Why? Joey Harrington is going to the Pro Bowl this year.

MTH15
09-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I wish. Jerious Norwood is though. Jamal Anderson cant rap. And we need more then 1 good QB to battle it out for the job.

SammyG
09-02-2007, 03:04 PM
lol wtf @ Jamal Anderson can't rap. Do you mean like, wrap? As in tackle?

VonErichLives
09-02-2007, 03:25 PM

There was talk of him being on the pup list since he hasn't played in pre-season.

The "rumor" of him being cut was an idea floated by a local radio hosts that has ZERO patriot connections and brought up as conversation during a radio show and someone nationally ran with it.

That being said, if the Pats were doing either one, we wouldn't know till after it happened, this organization is very tight-lipped about everything.

I'm expect Moss to play next week, I think keeping him out besides keeping him healthy is more about not letting teams have any hints on how they plan on using him.

Seymore out 6 weeks and Harrison out 4... not how the I like to start the season...

mrslackalack
09-02-2007, 03:32 PM
hahaha nope what MTH is refrencing SammyG is Jamal Anderson is on a reality show on MTV where celebs are paired with rappers and they rap. Among the celebs on there are Anderson, Sebastian Bach, Shar Jackson, Perez Hilton, Jason off Laguna Beach, and a couple others.

VonErichLives
09-02-2007, 03:34 PM
so, it's not the same as Harrison but the Cowboys QB coach was suspended, last year he was the QB coach for the Bears and bought stuff from the same place Harrison did.

He said he was trying to get a competitve advantage and improve his quality of life and didn't know the substance ban covered coaches.

mrslackalack
09-02-2007, 03:38 PM
The Cowboys QB coach should have been suspended for how awful his QB's for the Bears were last season lol.

Nervous Ferret
09-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Krispy..

for fantasy sake, will Deuce be recieving the majority of the goal line carries for the Saints this year?

who is that?????

Jesus Shuttlesworth
09-03-2007, 12:57 AM
It doesn't matter who is gonna score the TDs cuz the TDs will be scored and the Saints will 10x better than the Jets..

WHO DAT!?!!?

SammyG
09-03-2007, 03:21 PM

SammyG
09-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, and Krispy, thanks for giving us Antonio Pittman..

mrslackalack
09-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Cant wait. Only a few more days till Saints/Colts.

mrslackalack
09-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Bengals cut Doug Johnson and gave a 7th rd pick to the Rams for Fitzpatrick. I know he had that great little stretch a couple years back but I hope Palmer dont get hurt again because after that on the depth chart is Fitzpatrick and Jeff Rowe a rookie.

SammyG
09-04-2007, 02:38 AM
I hope Carson Palmer breaks his leg and then when we play the Bengals, we can face Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitz is fast, I'll give him that. No other white QB in the league can run like him.

SammyG
09-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick is the white Michael Vick. He can throw a little better though.

Nervous Ferret
09-04-2007, 03:52 AM
Nervous Ferret's 2007 STONE COLD lead pipe locks

-Brandon Marshall will be the breakout player of the year
-TWO running backs not named Ladanian Tomlinson will rush for 2,000 yards this year
-Donovan McNabb will be the comeback player of the year
-Ladell Betts will rush for more yards than Clinton Portis this year

Nerf's playoff seeding predictions

AFC:
1. Denver Broncos (13-3)
2. Cincinatti Bengals (12-4)
3. Indianapolis Colts (12-4)
4. New York Jets (10-6)
5. New England Patriots (10-6)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)

NFC:
1. Philadelphia Eagles (14-2)
2. San Fransisco 49ers (12-4)
3. Chicago Bears (11-5)
4. New Orleans Saints (10-6)
5. St. Louis Rams (9-7)
6. Green Bay Packers (9-7)

RP
09-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Nervous Ferret's 2007 STONE COLD lead pipe locks

-Brandon Marshall will be the breakout player of the year
-TWO running backs not named Ladanian Tomlinson will rush for 2,000 yards this year
-Donovan McNabb will be the comeback player of the year
-Ladell Betts will rush for more yards than Clinton Portis this year

Nerf's playoff seeding predictions

AFC:
1. Denver Broncos (13-3)
2. Cincinatti Bengals (12-4)
3. Indianapolis Colts (12-4)
4. New York Jets (10-6)
5. New England Patriots (10-6)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)

NFC:
1. Philadelphia Eagles (14-2)
2. San Fransisco 49ers (12-4)
3. Chicago Bears (11-5)
4. New Orleans Saints (10-6)
5. St. Louis Rams (9-7)
6. Green Bay Packers (9-7)

You're fucking smoking crack

mrslackalack
09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I hope the Marshall breakout predictions every1 are saying is true.

RP
09-04-2007, 01:28 PM
If nervous Ferrett serioulsly thinks the 49ers are going 12-4. He's smoked alot of crack in the last 24 hrs

SammyG
09-04-2007, 01:29 PM
lol @ Steelers making playoffs.

Nervous Ferret
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Well it is more likely to happen than anything you guys or the rest of the ESPN analysts would predict. Come on they are all picking the exact same thing as last year ridic, never happens the exact same way

RP
09-04-2007, 03:37 PM

RP
09-04-2007, 05:13 PM
I dont think Tom Brady will be the best QB in the AFC East. I think it'll be J.P. Lossman

SammyG
09-04-2007, 09:01 PM
The Falcons are beating the Vikings week 1. I forgot all about the pick 'em league. gotta get on that in a while.

mrslackalack
09-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Nerf is right, NFL is all about paraody. Maybe Jon Kitna is right and the Lions will at least go 10-6 lol. I do love the WR core they have though (R. Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Furrey)

Gonzo
09-05-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm optimistic about the G-Men's chances this year. I think its been heightened by Eli's play in the preseason. I know, it doesn't account for much, but he certainly has looked sharp. I only managed to catch 2 games this preseason and he has been throwing well, putting the ball on the spot. In the past he has been sporadic at best in terms of accuracy. The other games I didn't happen to catch he looked like he had decent numbers.

I'd say best case scenario we win 10 games, worst, we hover around .500, possibly 7-9 if we really have our heads up our asses. I think the Eagles take the division though, especially if McNabb comes out of the gate like he started to last year.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-05-2007, 02:09 AM
I think Giants fans will realize that Tiki Barber was their entire team last year and without him they're nothing. But that's just my opinion.

road doggy dogg
09-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm sure Barber himself will point that fact out a couple dozen times throughout the course of the season, at the rate he's going.

RP
09-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Tiki Barber is a punk bitch. The guy was retiring reguardless. Now all of a sudden he retired because of Tom Caughlin. The guy was eyeballing TV gigs for 3 years. But i guess its alright to throw your ex team and coach under the bus and disrupt there season to sell a few books. What a punk bitch. And so is Strahan.

RP
09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Giants fans realize that they dont have a chance in hell to do anything this year right? You guys do realize that you have former players and current players who are tearing your team apart before the season even starts right? Coughlin should sit Strahan until he's fire. Just to make a point that he wont stand for that shit. Now every player in that lockeroom thinks Coughlin is a joke and if they thought that before hand, because they had to do some hard work, then wowwwwwwwww . Sucks to be a fan of a bunch of whiney pussy's.

Fuck Tiki Barber. I used to like the guy alot. Now i just think hes a punk bitch that cant say things to another mans face. He has to write them in a book and hide behind tv cameras now. Some hero you guys got there.

SammyG
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Saints/Colts tommorrow. Unreal. It's back.

RP
09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
i'm lol'ing at everyone saying the Saints are going to the Superbowl. It reminds me of Michigan football. Everyone saying they can win the National Championship and what not. Then they go out and there defensive secondary gets exposed and blown up. Exactly whats gunna happen to the Saints tommorow. They have no secondary what so ever. Probably the only team in the league that could actually use Duane Starks experteise.

SammyG
09-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Raiders named McCown as their starter. Fucking retards.

road doggy dogg
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Pretty much agree with every post made since my last reply.

VonErichLives
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Raiders named McCown as their starter. Fucking retards.

He has a cannon of an arm, but the rest of his game never came around, but who knows.

VonErichLives
09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
we should have a predictions thread..

anyway

AFC
Div winners
Pats, Ravens, Colts, Broncos
Wild card
Charges & Bengals

NFC
Div Winners
Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, Rams
Wild Card
Eagles & Bears

Superbowl

Pats v. Cowboys

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Colts or Saints either.

RP
09-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Saints have no shot.

mrslackalack
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I think the Saints will do good, however they have to produce the same type of numbers they put up on offense last year. My only real concern with them this season is if Brees gets hurt and their passing defense.

RP
09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
NO CHANCEEEEEEEE THATS WHAT YOU GOT

Jesus Shuttlesworth
09-05-2007, 11:31 PM
(What’s your name?)

G-Reg

(What’d you do?)

Get head

(How you do it?)

Drop my drawers and let her see me third leg

Chillin on the 7th floor

I gotta let these chickens know

Big Greg is in the house

And I’m fi’n’ to make these hoes choke

On my balls, on my dick

Then I bust a nut quick

On her face, on her chest

Stick my dick between her breasts

Come on fellas lets get weird

Sick your dick up in her ear

While I’m laughin’ at these guys

A second nut all in her eyes

(Wait a minute, in her eyes?)

In her eyes

- Bears rookie TE Greg Olsen

SammyG
09-06-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL what?!

SammyG
09-06-2007, 12:05 AM
by the way lol @ Jason Sehorn. He predicted the obvious division winner in St.Louis, which makes sense, but then it was 2.Arizona 3.SF 4. Seattle. C'mon now.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
LOL what?!
7th floor crew, get educated son

RP
09-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I hope for the Saints sake that these Sports Center/ NFL Live guys arent right when they say the Saints are gunna blitz Peyton Manning alot. It will be a long night for the Saints. Manning is most deadly when they blitz. He'll pick them apart with checkdowns and slants. Its gunna be ugly.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm sure Jason David has given the Saints all the info they need to throw Manning completely off his game. You should be worried.

SammyG
09-06-2007, 01:42 PM
We are gonna kill some kittens on Sunday yo.

RP
09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Is it just me or is everyone writing off the Colts this year? Everything i've read the last 3 days has been about how bad Indy's D will be. How the Saints will be headed to the Superbowl and how the Colts will start 4-3 going to New England. Its amazing.

I think the Colts defense is gunna shock people tonight and people will be whistling a different toon tommorow morning. I'm more worried about Peytons blind side then the Defense. Tho Reggie Bush and Duece could have there way with us.

People forget how dominant we are in the Dome. The Dome is gunna be on fire tonight. I dont think the Saints will score more then 20 points. And i think Indy will put up 40+ and you watch and see, after tonight, everyone will be back on the Colts balls. I guarantee you.

RP
09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Bathea, Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, these guys are all gunna shock people. They're very capable and good.

Kris P Lettus
09-06-2007, 07:24 PM
TONIGHT!!