PDA

View Full Version : DC Universe Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Kalyx triaD
03-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Superman Returns Sequel:

Bryan Singer appearently has better things to do: instead of moving on to the next Superman feature, he's working on a 'thriller' with Tom Cruise starring. Odd, he seemed so down with Supe's that I thought he'd start out on the next one atleast at a pace faster than the gap between X1 and X2. It must be noted that Singer has a history of finding better things to do. There were rumors that the next Superman would be shelved and JLA (see below) would kick a kick-start early with Brandon Routh starring. Those rumors were quickly dissolved with the powers to be saying the next Superman (rumored to called "Man of Steel") is going just fine, with Metallo and Brainiac as possible villains. The gun-turrent dude from 'Returns (Eye-of-Steel scene) may even have been John Corben...

Kate Bosworth may not return.

Batman Begins Sequel:

Most of us are pretty much up to speed here: The movie will be called "The Dark Knight" with the most talked about news being Jokers inclusion as the central villain. Joker ofcourse is being bought to us by Heath Ledger with a darker edge about the character than the stuff we've already seen. The movie should begin production right about now, with a release next Summer. The batsuit will be updated for anyone who cares, with an emphasis on 'cloth'. There's also talk of a Bat-Cycle, too. Cool. The theme of 'Begins was fear, and the theme for Dark Knight may be "things getting worse before they get better." They say the title also also has multiple meanings. Could Gotham City suffer some kind of mass blackout while the Joker goes on a killing spree? Note that many of Joker's earlier comic exploits usually had him pulling some city-wide crisis that Batman had to work double-time to fix. Also in the movie is Harvey Dent played by Aaron Eckhart. His inclusion reveals the villain for Batman's third feature.

Katie Holmes will not return. She's been replaced by Captain Marvel's sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Captain Marvel:

SHAZAAM!!! And with a blast of thunder, Jake Gyllenhaal (Day After Tommorrow) is most surely, very likely, gonna maybe portray Captain Marvel (one of the few characters who could beat Superman's ass without Krrrryptonite). I'm kinda definately sure of the possibility of his consideration.

Flash:

Ryan Renalds is up for the part as Wally West. For the most part I agree with this casting. They're talking about getting into the science of super-sonic speed rather than 'him running really fast'.

Wonder Woman:

Joss Whedon dropped out of the project, which disappoints me to no end. There's also talk of setting it in WW2's era. This may have been in the old comics but really... c'mon...

JLA:

Okay... WB really wants to get this thing going, abondoning their old plan of having 'the big three' set their movie franchises first then teaming them up (would've took too long anyway). I'm sure Marvel pressing for their Avengers feature has a little to do with that. Brandon Routh is definately heading up this one, but Christian Bale didn't seem likely to appear as the Bat because A) the current Batman creative team doesn't wish to merge their darker realistic Batman with a likely bright-n-epic team-up feature and B) JLA is moving on faster than the new Batman franchise can catch up with. Still, Christian Bale has said that he signed to three contracts with the last one being "some sort've team-up." It appears Batman will be on the team afterall (thank GOD). I wonder if Wonder Woman will make the team, her franchise being on the fritz. I also wonder what other heroes will make the team...

So what do you guys think? Exciting couple of years ahead?

mitchables
03-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Cannot wait for The Dark Knight. Flash interests me greatly too, as I've always loved the Flash. Can take or leave Wonder Woman, especially now that Whedon is out. Captain Marvel sounds interesting. I never particularly cared for the character before, but the recent Trials of Shazam series has sparked a bit of interest for me, so maybe I can learn to love it.

Bo
03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Well the next Batman being the Dark Knight , I just hope it leads to a Dark Knight Returns movie. :drool:

Kalyx triaD
03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Well the next Batman being the Dark Knight , I just hope it leads to a Dark Knight Returns movie. :drool:

Unlikely. Any kind of Elseworlds story would be hard to adapt into a film without damaging live-action continuity.

Lock Jaw
03-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Dark Knight Returns is probably a good candidate for one of DC's animated movies.

Speaking of which, Adam Baldwin (Jayne from Firefly) is gonna be voicing Superman in The Death of Superman movie.

Boondock Saint
03-22-2007, 11:39 PM
I highly doubt we see a JLA movie anytime within the next few years.

weather vane
03-23-2007, 12:27 AM
where is Lobo?

Lock Jaw
03-23-2007, 01:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI

Kane Knight
03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Adam Baldwin as the voice of Supers? :wtf:

Boondock Saint
03-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Natural choice.

:shifty:

Kalyx triaD
03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
I am the Shadow...

Kane Knight
03-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Natural choice.

:shifty:

He's up there with Eddie Izzard as Thord. :D

Dave Youell
03-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Ryan Reynolds for the Flash is a great casting choice, Man I used to love The Flash

Kalyx triaD
04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Super Max:

Here's an interesting one: David Goyer (Batman Begins) and another writer (Justin Marx) are planning on a Super-Hero movie not unlike the premise of Con-Air. Essentially it's a Green Arrow movie that'll feature low-level DC villains in a max-security prison. Oliver Queen gets convicted and thrown in a spot he help populate. Can we hope for Slade/Deathstroke to appear? What I like about this idea is somebody is doing something more along the lines of comics than superhero-features. Comics are often home to absurd situations that normally would never see the light of Live Action. Maybe this project will convince movie makers that superheroes are more than Origin Story, Sequel to Origin Story...

Late Edit: Super Max could've been a Marvel Comics tale...

The basic concept actually came about through Justin Marks, a terrific young writer my wife Jessika (a producer) had previously worked with. They thought the idea of a prison-break story set in a jail designed exclusively for super-villains was a cool one. And I heartily agreed. After some discussion, we decided it would be fun to frame a super-hero and toss him into the meta-human mix.

From that point, it seemed like the next logical step was to set the film in either the Marvel or DC Universe. That way, we could populate the movie with all sorts of cool B and C-character Easter Eggs. We eventually landed at DC. Green Arrow, given his hard-hitting, moralistic tendencies, seemed like the most interesting hero to put through the institutional wringer.

Boondock Saint
04-10-2007, 03:07 PM
That's a cool idea. Green Arrow is the man.

Dave Youell
04-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Surprised there's no Green Lantern rumblings

Kalyx triaD
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm certain one of the GL's will appear in JLA. I rather see a GL Corps movie, m'self. It'd be something like Star Wars with a DC spin.

Lock Jaw
04-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Superman/Doomsday trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=eTf-VzgAWaE

Supposedly these new animated movies were supposed to be based on the look and art of the comics from which they are based. But the animation looks just like Justice League Unlimited, with a few changes (Lois looks slightly different).

Looks like the story is gonna be radically changed too. Aside from Superman and Doomsday fight and "kill" each other.

On the other hand, based solely on that little line Superman says at the end, The Man Called Jayne is gonna do a good job voicing him.

Kalyx triaD
04-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Looks nice.

Shaggy
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
looks awesome....cant wait...heard it was still like four months away

Mr Regal
05-01-2007, 06:17 AM
I have never been a big Superman fan really. He was always too much of a pansy. Should be wiping enemies out left right and center with his powers. I prefered the superman from the Justice Lords:y: even though technically i guess he was a villan....

Avenger
05-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Can't WAIT for next live action Superman movie.

Mr Regal
05-01-2007, 07:08 AM
I can, the last one was a bit shit really.

Kane Knight
05-01-2007, 09:14 AM
I can, the last one was a bit shit really.

It was 2 hours too long, but they only had 35 minutes of plot.

Superman's so hard to write. He's an uncompromising Knight in Shining Armor who also has only one physical weakness. I mean, it's fine seeing the damsel in distress, but it gets old.

Jeritron
05-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Especially since Superman doesn't have a really strong, recognizable villian to compiment him. Lex Luthors plots get old and he's not on Superman's level. That's why Batman and Spiderman have a lot more to offer as a film franchise, because they have a strong, deep rouges gallery.

Mr Regal
05-01-2007, 09:36 AM
I was hoping the film would have a villan like Doomsday or DarkSide, not Lex Fucking Luthor AGAIN. The whole thing bored the shit out of me. The most intriguing part of the story was the fact that he had buggered off across the universe for two years looking for home....and the best they came up with?....he didn't find anything.....wow....way to go:y: I also hated the whole son of superman, that sucked. The film was well put together and i really rate Singer, but Superman Returns was a wasted opportunity of the highest order.

If the do make another one it better not have Lex Fucking Luthor in it AGAIN.

Avenger
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
lol KK @ what you just did.

Kane Knight
05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Especially since Superman doesn't have a really strong, recognizable villian to compiment him. Lex Luthors plots get old and he's not on Superman's level. That's why Batman and Spiderman have a lot more to offer as a film franchise, because they have a strong, deep rouges gallery.

Yeah, plus, Spider-Man's morality works better. IT's easy to be high and mighty when you're invincible. Superman's moral issues are about as solid as a dozen eggs....

Batman can chew hrough mooks, but always looks comparable to his bad guys. Hell, Bats and Spidey LOSE at points. Superman dies, once...And that's the most tension he's ever experienced.

Boondock Saint
05-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Darkseid motherfuckers.

Nowhere Man
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Batman can chew hrough mooks, but always looks comparable to his bad guys. Hell, Bats and Spidey LOSE at points. Superman dies, once...And that's the most tension he's ever experienced.

Aside from the time he was driven insane by Brainiac, gave up his role as a hero after being forced to kill General Zod (though I think both of those stories have now been retconned out), was manipulated by Max Lord into nearly killing both Batman and Wonder Woman, lost three different Supergirls in one way or another (one of which had claimed to be his daughter), had his protege beaten to death by a psychotic version of himself from another universe, and has to deal with the fact that his best friend from childhood is now his sworn enemy (depending on which origin story they use) then yeah, Superman's life is right as rain.

Kalyx triaD
05-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I'd still say Peter Parker had the shittiest life. But yeah, Supes had some messed up events. And Batman's a maniac who needed a creation of his to kill hundreds of low-level heroes and assist an alternate Luther even crazier than ours in killing billions(!) to let him know that he is in fact, a maniac.

Jeritron
05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Superman is adored and praised. Spiderman is misunderstood and hated, and Peter Parker lives a poor life with all kinds of problems stemming from his duties as a superhero. He has human problems and human weaknesses. Everything is hard for him, but he can't use it as an excuse since he's juggling two seperate lives.

If Parker needs a gift for Mary Jane he can't just zip around the world and get her something from Italy, he has to scrounge up 5 dollars in change and probably never makes it to her apartment without having to answere the call of justice. Or when he's having problems he can't just sit down with his Aunt Mae and vent, or fly to Antartica to chill in his private condo made of crystals with a fully interactive Uncle Ben. He has the same stress, even more, than any normal person. That's what makes him a deeper character, and more identifiable with an audience. His vulnerabilities make him human, and they allow for him to have a range of emotions and weaknesses for his enemies to compare to.

Superman's enemies have to be pure Gods to stack up to him, and that's just no fun. No Superman enemy has what it takes to compliment. Superman runs off of the nostalgia and recognition of his logo, and the fact that he's the original end all be all of superheroes. That's the only reason he's still cookin. People look at him as an Alpha Male hero from heaven, whereas people look at Peter Parker as the person in all of us. People look up to Superman as the perfect person, the flawless hero. People indentify with Parker as the average Joe.
That's why Superman's villians just don't stack up. They're nothing. Lex Luthor is the best the franchise has to offer, and he's just a rich tycoon who doesn't compliment Superman well at all really.
Batman has the Joker and Penguin, and Spiderman has Green Goblin and Venom. They're all almost as deep, interesting and well known as their hero foes.

Kane Knight
05-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Aside from the time he was driven insane by Brainiac, gave up his role as a hero after being forced to kill General Zod (though I think both of those stories have now been retconned out), was manipulated by Max Lord into nearly killing both Batman and Wonder Woman, lost three different Supergirls in one way or another (one of which had claimed to be his daughter), had his protege beaten to death by a psychotic version of himself from another universe, and has to deal with the fact that his best friend from childhood is now his sworn enemy (depending on which origin story they use) then yeah, Superman's life is right as rain.

Okay, fanboy...Settle down there.

Jeritron
05-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Just picture Superman being faced with having to deliver the pizzas within 5 minutes or being fired. It was interesting with Spidey, because you knew he could probably pull it off just barely with his speed and tools, but it would be hard. With Superlame, he just zips there, changes and delivers the pizza's with a smile and keeps his job. Where's the fun it that?

Jeritron
05-01-2007, 10:49 PM

rofl. I feel so bad for Superman, he's got it so rough. Being able to take bullets to the eybeball and fly to the sun and all...

Boondock Saint
05-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Venom is not a deep character.

Boondock Saint
05-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Anyways I love Superman and Spider-Man, each for different reasons. They're both entertaining characters, responsible for some of the best stories ever. 'Nuff said.

The Punisher kicks everyones ass. :cool:

Jeritron
05-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Venom is not a deep character.

Unless you're familiar with Eddie Brock and his girlfriend, and the duality theme that he represents with Spiderman

Boondock Saint
05-02-2007, 12:35 AM
:roll:

Nowhere Man
05-02-2007, 01:03 AM

Hey, I might as well pull from the source material if I know it.

Anyway, one of the things that always irks me when people bring up the old "Superman is boring because he's too strong" is that more often than not, they've never picked up a Superman comic, and base their arguments off of the popular image of him from either the Christopher Reeve movies or that awful 'Superfriends' cartoon.

Anyways I love Superman and Spider-Man, each for different reasons. They're both entertaining characters, responsible for some of the best stories ever. 'Nuff said.

Agreed.

The Punisher kicks everyones ass. :cool:

Not so much.

Boondock Saint
05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Obviously.

Mr Regal
05-02-2007, 09:47 AM
The Tick

Nuff said!

Kane Knight
05-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Just picture Superman being faced with having to deliver the pizzas within 5 minutes or being fired. It was interesting with Spidey, because you knew he could probably pull it off just barely with his speed and tools, but it would be hard. With Superlame, he just zips there, changes and delivers the pizza's with a smile and keeps his job. Where's the fun it that?

He wouldn't even accept a tip. Nancyboy motherfucker.

Oh wait. He was once mind controlled into doing something bad. That changes everything. :|

Kane Knight
05-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Anyway, one of the things that always irks me when people bring up the old "Superman is boring because he's too strong" is that more often than not, they've never picked up a Superman comic, and base their arguments off of the popular image of him from either the Christopher Reeve movies or that awful 'Superfriends' cartoon.

Of course, Superman IS too strong. Sure, they nerfed him after Crisis, but they've made a character where the only way to keep him contemporary is to "power creep" da bad guyz. Superman spent the better part of 50 years being way too powerful, and was finally downgraded, but to "too powerful."

Now, they've temporarily re-envisioned him like 9 million times, each time giving him vulnerabilities and the like, but really, the guy's always been overpowered. And the comics are actually worse for this, because he's more than just "I stand in the way of bullets," he's a bloody supercomputer.

Lock Jaw
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Superman is an incredibly complex character. The problem is that he is so complex that most writers have no idea what to do with him.

I could try to explain, but I would just fail miserably because my communication skills and way with words are crap.

In my opinion, Superman is just one of those characters that you either "get" or "don't get".

Kalyx triaD
05-02-2007, 02:03 PM
In my opinion, Superman is just one of those characters that you either "get" or "don't get".

Agreed. He's either easy to write or impossible to write, whereas Batman's fictionally easy to work with.

Jeritron
05-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Superman is an incredibly complex character. The problem is that he is so complex that most writers have no idea what to do with him.

I could try to explain, but I would just fail miserably because my communication skills and way with words are crap.

There's nothing not to get. What there is to get is that he's iconic, he's the quintessential superhero. the original and the template, and is a major part of American culture. That's what makes him classic.

But as for him being complex and writers having no idea what to do with him...that's actually the exact opposite of what is the case. Superman is primal, and he's popular for being just what he is.

He's far from complex though, and in any case ever where the company or writers have tried to make Superman deeper, or make him more human and deal with heavier things, or even change him to be less cheesy and more vulnerable and realisitic..it has failed miserably.

They've tried to make Superman more complex, since he clearly isn't. They've tried to make him more deep and his status as a Superhero more on par with characters like Batman and Spiderman, who are able to evolve and change and do different things as well as have a wider range of emotions and weaknesses to work with.

But since it fails everytime with Superman, it has become clear that the people who want to see Superman don't want to see him change. He just has no flexibility. He has to be the all powerful, squeaky clean, all american hero with only one weakness and every power under the sun (no pun intended). That's where his appeal is rooted and that's where it ends.

So people who don't like Superman for these reasons never will, and his character doesn't allow for this to change. But in order for him to stay around they need to stick to the basics and have him be the same one trick pony generation after generation. Some will get sick of it, some never will want it, and others will be content to see a perfect tall dark handsome God-like Patriotic citizen from the 30's save the damsel in distress month after month. He's the small town farmboy who went to the big city and became a hero after his father died. It's called a Jungian hero journey. It's in just about everything, and sometimes it's coupled with a complex plot and variables. Other times it's straight forward and simple, like in Superman.

That's how it is, and that's probably how it will always be. But he is far from complex.
At least not as a charcter. The subject of why such a simple thing is successful, and it's primal nature and archetypes are a whole other story. You can teach an entire class on how deep that is in terms of it's relation to mythology and human nature, and how Superman mirrors the story of Moses and what not. But pound for pound, in the context of his stories, Superman is as simple as it gets for a hero.

Lock Jaw
05-11-2007, 09:03 PM
So, The Rock might play Black Adam in a Shazam! film. That would be so crappy.

The One
05-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Batman is the only good thing DC ever produced. Ever.

Not that Marvel is so great, but they at least have X-Men, Iron Man and Captain America.

Generally, comics suck.

Boondock Saint
05-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't know if you're referring to movies or comics.

BUt DC have a ton of great characters. Do they all translate to film? No. Many of them are not popular enough and a good majority would be difficult to translate/gain an audience for.

Movie-wise, DC has Batman, Batman Begins, Superman and Superman II. But they also unfortunately have Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Superman 3, 4, and Catwoman.

I'm on the side of "enjoyed Superman Returns and Batman Returns."

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 10:21 PM
DC is great for Batman. I don't mind Green Lantern, and although I despise Superman and find him extremely dated, he is a legendary cashcow. Aside from Joker and the rest of Batman's villians, they have no good villians.

However, Marvel has Spiderman, Hulk, X-men, Iron Man, Captain America, Punisher, Daredevil, Blade, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer and a wealth of great villians.

Filmwise, not all of those have translated well. Some not at all. But nonetheless, in the world of comics their stacked with legendary characters with a lot of depth and mainstream recognition. As well as being a lot cooler and creatively stronger.

I have always disliked DC and all they bring to the table besides Batman and Gotham.

Marvel > DC, IMHO

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM

BUt DC have a ton of great characters. Do they all translate to film? No. Many of them are not popular enough and a good majority would be difficult to translate/gain an audience for.

Movie-wise, DC has Batman, Batman Begins, Superman and Superman II. But they also unfortunately have Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Superman 3, 4, and Catwoman.

I'm on the side of "enjoyed Superman Returns and Batman Returns."

I don't think Batman Forever is good by any means, but I do feel it gets a worse rap than it deserves. It sucked, but it's made out to be worse than it is because of how bad Batman and Robin ended up being.

Superman Returns was well done I felt, but it just didn't do much for me.
Batman Begins was extremely well done, and I realize its truer to the comic book form of Batman, but to me Batman 89 is Batman.
Batman Returns is awesome, but it's...different.
Hopefully Dark Knight is amazing.

The One
05-11-2007, 10:36 PM

I'm talking about comics, cartoons, movies, everything. Batman is the only good thing to come from DC (well and the Batman bad guys).

Marvel really isn't that great, and personally I think Spider-Man is one of the biggest pieces of super hero trash ever made (even worse than Superman). I liked him as a kid, but as I've gotten older I have really grown to hate Peter Parker a LOT. Anyway, Marvel is generally better, though still not great. I guess I should confess I never got too into Comics in general, found a lot of them to be hoaky and to esoteric. But I LOVED Captain America (which technically was made by Marvel's predacessor) and Iron Man was the shit. Plus, X-Men was probably my favorite comic series of all time, so, yeah...

Marvel > DC

Lock Jaw
05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I enjoy DC over Marvel. Yeah.

Kane Knight
05-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't think Batman Forever is good by any means, but I do feel it gets a worse rap than it deserves. It sucked, but it's made out to be worse than it is because of how bad Batman and Robin ended up being.

What I didn't get was the main criticisms all seemed to be based on the fact that it was comic bookish.

Well duh? It was based on a comic book? They went for a different direction?

Granted, I like the '39 batman. The Dark Knight from Pulp/Noir mags. So mostly, I prefer the first two, and then Begins was fucking awesome. But still....

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Marvel vs DC was as mismanaged, mismatched and poorly executed as the WWFvsWCW invasion.

Talk about shitty matchups and a dissapointing execution of a dream angle.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
What I didn't get was the main criticisms all seemed to be based on the fact that it was comic bookish.

Well duh? It was based on a comic book? They went for a different direction?

Granted, I like the '39 batman. The Dark Knight from Pulp/Noir mags. So mostly, I prefer the first two, and then Begins was fucking awesome. But still....

Yea, I think it's clear that they were trying to shy away from Burtons darkness.
It worked in Batman 89, and then in Returns it got a bit darker and more bizarre. I liked it. But they were worried about how many action figures they could sell. They wanted it to be more kid friendly. Hence their seperation from Burton and Keaton, and the new direction.
With Forever they tried to segway from dark to campy. It's somewhere inbetween, so though it's not great, it isn't abysmal.
Batman & Robin was the intended goal. To make it campy. It failed miserably.

Batman Forever and B&R are based on the campy element of Batman from the 60s which is for better or worse just as much a part of Batmans legacy as the origins and dark roots. People rejected it, because of course the Batman of the 30s and 80s is much cooler. But they were only trying something new, and it was a failed gamble. I don't think they were trying to make a serious movie and failed, but instead succeeded in making a cheesy movie and it didn't go over well.

Kane Knight
05-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Not to mention Hulk/Superman was the most annoying. I expected Supes to Win, but it was like "Hey, one shot and you're down."

Crossovers are generally annoying. It took Batman one punch to take out Carnage. It took Spider-Man longer to drop the Joker. :|

Kane Knight
05-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Yea, I think it's clear that they were trying to shy away from Burtons darkness.
It worked in Batman 89, and then in Returns it got a bit darker and more bizarre. I liked it. But they were worried about how many action figures they could sell. They wanted it to be more kid friendly. Hence their seperation from Burton and Keaton, and the new direction.
With Forever they tried to segway from dark to campy. It's somewhere inbetween, so though it's not great, it isn't abysmal.
Batman & Robin was the intended goal. To make it campy. It failed miserably.

Batman Forever and B&R are based on the campy element of Batman from the 60s which is for better or worse just as much a part of Batmans legacy as the origins and dark roots. People rejected it, because of course the Batman of the 30s and 80s is much cooler. But they were only trying something new, and it was a failed gamble. I don't think they were trying to make a serious movie and failed, but instead succeeded in making a cheesy movie and it didn't go over well.

B&R was awful. Forever was something new, with both a noir feel and a comic book feel. That and I liked Kilmer as Batman. The last movie of the four was pure Cheese, and more poorly executed than the TV show.

I can see why people would think it tried to be serious, with the way Clooney played Wayne, etc.

It's worth noting that the 60s Batman saw a near-death to Batman, because it just didn't move.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Not to mention Hulk/Superman was the most annoying. I expected Supes to Win, but it was like "Hey, one shot and you're down."

Crossovers are generally annoying. It took Batman one punch to take out Carnage. It took Spider-Man longer to drop the Joker. :|

Yea, that's ridiculous.
Batman and Spiderman should have been a matchup from the getgo in Marvel vs DC.
http://www.phillyburbs.com/superheroes/images/batspider.jpg

Hulk vs Superman was mismatched. Aside from brute strength, whats the point there.
Iron Man vs Superman technically would have been a better more interesting fight.

Storm vs Wonder Woman and Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern were the only logical matchups.
Spidey vs Superboy?!

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:29 PM
B&R was awful. Forever was something new, with both a noir feel and a comic book feel. That and I liked Kilmer as Batman. The last movie of the four was pure Cheese, and more poorly executed than the TV show.

I can see why people would think it tried to be serious, with the way Clooney played Wayne, etc.

It's worth noting that the 60s Batman saw a near-death to Batman, because it just didn't move.

Kilmer really wasn't bad at all. Even Bob Kane said he preferred him best. Forever looks like a classic next to its sequel. I won't lie, I dug Carrey's Riddler.

60's Batman almost killed Batman, you're right. Unfortunately for years what was originally a dark, brooding vigilante became labled as Zap!Pow!Bam! and total camp bullshit.
Thanks to the comics of the 80s and Burtons take on it, it came back full circle and better than ever. Luckily Schumacher only crippled it and didn't kill it again.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:33 PM
In regards to Marvel vs DC, I used to do better crossovers with my action figures in my back yard back in the day.

Damn, I used to love my Xmen, Batman, and Spiderman animated series figures. Fantastic Four and Iron Man ones were great too. Shit, I even collected those Superman figures where he had the long hair.
Those were the days...

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Wolvie and Lobo made sense too but was like... 3 panels?

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:38 PM
yea that was okay. It did make sense to comic fans, and Lobo is a cool character, but at the end of the day he wasn't on Wolverines level to most people, especially at a time where Xmen was all the rage.

Wouldn't Wonder Woman vs Rogue make a bit more sense?

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Meh, I think the Storm thing was fine.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Amalgam was the worse thing ever however. Dark Claw *scowls*

Actually - Thor/Wonder Woman would have made more sense than Captain Marvel/Thor. And I liked the concept of a Surfer/Lantern battle.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Doesn't matter either way, I suppose. I just thought Rogues strenths were a bit more comparable.

Superman is just too stacked to face anyone fairly.
Other than that, their depth lacks past Batman. I'd rather have just seen Batman run the gauntlet against Marvel haha

Or else a long, epic Secret Wars type storyline.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:46 PM
And Batman/Daredevil would have been the best option for Bats.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Amalgam was the worse thing ever however. Dark Claw *scowls*

Actually - Thor/Wonder Woman would have made more sense than Captain Marvel/Thor. And I liked the concept of a Surfer/Lantern battle.

Yea Surfer/Lantern made a lot of sense. Since they were doing heros vs heros, I don't see how it would have hurt to bring in villians as well. It's all just a tweener clusterfuck, so why not just bring in popular villians that are more suited for certain matchups?

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I still need to buy hte Secret Wars. haven't read those or the All/Unlimited Access series to this day.

Marvel vs DC made me stop reading.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:47 PM
And Batman/Daredevil would have been the best option for Bats.

Punisher is a pretty sensible one too.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Yea Surfer/Lantern made a lot of sense. Since they were doing heros vs heros, I don't see how it would have hurt to bring in villians as well. It's all just a tweener clusterfuck, so why not just bring in popular villians that are more suited for certain matchups?

I thought Lobo was a heel :$

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Anyway, back to one of the original convos. Superman is a boring twat. That is all.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:49 PM
I still need to buy hte Secret Wars. haven't read those or the All/Unlimited Access series to this day.

Marvel vs DC made me stop reading.

I need to check out the Batman/Spiderman/Carnage/Joker crossover. I'm familiar with it, but I've never seen or read the actual series.
Spidey and Bats are my 2 favorites all time probably, along with the Xmen.
And Joker and Carnage are gods among villians to me.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:50 PM
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2107/batmanvswolverine9hq.jpg

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:51 PM
There's a lot of dynamic there for a great fued. Not just because their both awesome, but they both have enigmatic personalites and similar backgrounds when it comes to training.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Anyway, back to one of the original convos. Superman is a boring twat. That is all.

Superman sucks. Can't stand how painfully boring and overpowered he is. Nothing fun about him. I'd be happy if I never saw another Superman anything ever again.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Also, reading a bit at the moment. Apperently Lobo turned into a face around the mid-90's and somehow was turned back into a teenager and joined Justice League.....

Yeah, DC can fuck themselves. Not saying that Marvel doesn't have equally convaluted/retarded storylines, but fuck that one may take the cake.

Jeritron
05-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Yea, they just don't have the depth and wealth of characters that Marvel does. Batman and Superman keep them going.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Infinate Crisis saved them.

I dunno, DC just doesn't catch my interest. I haven't read their newer stuff, but their good guys were just that, good guys with cool/powers abilities. And barring Batman's and well... Luther, they have no dynamic heels. Where as most everyone in Marvel has someone cool to fight.

Jeritron
05-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Batman is a diamond in the rough as far as DC goes. He has such an amazing rogues gallery.
It's in the air between Batman and Spidey as for who has the better villians.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Batman to me always has had the better villans. I mean, Spiderman probably has the best 3 villians, but the general class of villians Batman has the overall better group.

Jeritron
05-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Either way they're 1 and 2 in that department, which is a big reason why their franchises have more longevity and depth when it comes to the silver screen.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-12-2007, 12:19 AM
See, that's just it. Villians make the hero. In DC, threats to the earth/saving people are the biggest threats that theirs heroes face. In Marvel they have to save people AND not die. Almost all villians have a pretty good shot of killing the hero. Adds interest. Been my huge gripe with Thor. I would love Thor if he fought Apocolypse and Surfer, and just decent fucking people on a regular basis.

Jeritron
05-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Batman and Spidermans villians compliment them amazingly as well.

Most of Spideys villians have a personal link to him, or are characters similar to him. They are ordinary people involved in accidents or a chain of events that lands them with great powers. They make the oppostie choice. In many cases, they are even animalistic personas. Then theres Venom and Carnage which a whole other level of duality.

With Batman, you have a lot of people who use the theatrical to impose fear and make their persona. They have little or no super powers, but they are just rounded criminals to compliment the Batman detective. They have a gimmick so to speak, and have the whole split personality thing going on.

Other great villians include the Brotherhood to the Xmen,
or Dr. Doom to The Fantastic Four.
Like Bat's and Spidey's, these villians are similar and complimentary to their opposition.
Red Skull is a brilliant compliment to Catpain America,
Hulk has always lacked a definitive and reconnizable arch villian. His main struggle comes from within, and his bad side.

Superman lacks this, as do 99.9% of DC characters

Lock Jaw
05-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Also, reading a bit at the moment. Apperently Lobo turned into a face around the mid-90's and somehow was turned back into a teenager and joined Justice League.....

Yeah, DC can fuck themselves. Not saying that Marvel doesn't have equally convaluted/retarded storylines, but fuck that one may take the cake.

The teen Lobo was a defective clone of Lobo that called himself "Slobo" and he joined Young Justice until he died.

Adult Lobo still around and kicking and being a mercenary who kicks people's asses.

As far as crossovers go... JLA/Avengers was far better than DC vs. Marvel.

Boondock Saint
05-12-2007, 01:19 AM
I dunno. I enjoy both companies but dislike them both as well. If I really had to choose, I'd go with DC. I just enjoy the stories slightly more. I think the writing is better. Infinite Crisis was good not great, and it came out soon after House of M which I thought was god awful. But Civil War was an improvement.

I don't even read too much Superman or Batman solo unless I hear good things, so I just read Superman/Batman, which is only decent. But from DC I read JLA, JSA, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Checkmate, Teen Titans, Outsiders, Nightwing, Starman (one of the greatest series of all time).

From Marvel I read New Avengers, New Excalibur, Runaways, Ultimate Xmen/Spiderman (in trades so I'm not caught up yet), Punisher, Daredevil. That's pretty much it.

But DC's Vertigo and Wildstorm imprints pretty much blows anything Marvel out of the water; Preacher, Ex Machina, Loveless, Fables, Jack of Fables, Y The Last Man, Sandman, Hellblazer, DMZ, The Invisibles, 100 Bullets, Transmetropolitan, Astro City, Stormwatch, The Authority, Sleeper.

God damn so much good shit. I seriously recommend all of the above if you haven't read them.

So DC > Marvel but really, I love both. Image with Noble Causes, Invincible and Walking Dead is good shit too.

I give a HIGH 5 TO COMICS

Lock Jaw
05-12-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't even read too much Superman or Batman solo unless I hear good things, so I just read Superman/Batman, which is only decent. But from DC I read JLA, JSA, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Checkmate, Teen Titans, Outsiders, Nightwing, Starman (one of the greatest series of all time).

Superman/Batman is pretty bad... honestly, the solo Superman and Batman stuff is better. Both Superman and Action Comics are pretty good right now, and Detective Comics is pretty awesome right now, being written by Paul Dini, the guy behind Batman: The Animated Series.

:y: for Starman. I've only ever read my friend's copies of the trades, but definatley plan on getting it for myself when I have... you know... money.

Jeritron
05-12-2007, 02:09 AM
I actually used to be into Dark Horse and all the Star Wars and Aliens/Predator shit.

And I always love McFarlane's Spawn from Image.

Batman and Green Lantern have always been favorites of mine, and I even dabbled in Superman.
All in all, I love the world of comics.
But I've been gung ho Marvel since I can remember having memories. I grew up on Spidey and Xmen, and in all fairness Batman just as much.
Comics and the whole community was in such a great boom in the late 80s/early 90s.
I've lost interest aside from the movie projects to be completely honest

Boondock Saint
05-12-2007, 02:32 AM
Superman/Batman is pretty bad... honestly, the solo Superman and Batman stuff is better. Both Superman and Action Comics are pretty good right now, and Detective Comics is pretty awesome right now, being written by Paul Dini, the guy behind Batman: The Animated Series.

:y: for Starman. I've only ever read my friend's copies of the trades, but definatley plan on getting it for myself when I have... you know... money.

Detective with Dini is great. I picked up the first trade. So good.

I'm contemplating dropping Supes/Bats...it's just not holding my interest anymore...

But yeah, Starman gets 19372894 thumbs up from me.

Jeritron
05-12-2007, 02:49 AM
What's Kevin Smith up to these days? He still doing any work with Black Cat or DD?

Boondock Saint
05-12-2007, 03:16 AM
I haven't heard much about him doing anything comics-wise. His Blackcat series just sort of...disappeared. I dunno how I feel about his comic writing. His DD was ok but his Green Arrow was really good...I wouldn't mind reading something else from him.

Kane Knight
05-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Punisher is a pretty sensible one too.

That's the problem, really. Batman has a lot of rivals in Marvel. That is, people who could rival him and make a cool fight. Beyond that, there's rarely anyone of interest. I couldn't name a good foe for Spider-Man. Supes is just so ridiculous you need one of Marvel's plot devices (Captain Universe or some such) to give him a real rival.

There's a limited number of good matchups at higher levels.

Even Cap makes sense though. A paladin, a true goody goody super hero, vs the Dark Knight. I liked the contrast. Doesn't look as good as Bats/DD though.

Maybe your gauntlet idea is better after all.

Lock Jaw
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Superman could go up against The Sentry now, I suppose. Though Sentry has psychological problems and so that isn't a real fair matchup either.

Kane Knight
05-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Iron Man probably is still the best bet. Or maybe someone like Nate Grey. Maybe. I don't know how powerful he's been of late. Or even Nova, if he was juiced enough. Nova's significantly less popular, from what I gather.

Reavant
05-13-2007, 12:08 AM
I actually like McFarlane's comics. Spawn is a great character. He has a ton of depth and a great story that makes him very relateable. I think if they did it right, that could have been a great movie.

In terms of cross-overs, i found a spawn vs. batman comic and it had batman kicking his ass, which doesnt make sense, but whatever.

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2007, 02:13 AM
The Rock would make a good Black Adam.

Kane Knight
05-13-2007, 09:00 AM
I actually like McFarlane's comics. Spawn is a great character. He has a ton of depth and a great story that makes him very relateable. I think if they did it right, that could have been a great movie.

In terms of cross-overs, i found a spawn vs. batman comic and it had batman kicking his ass, which doesnt make sense, but whatever.

Batman was killed by Spawn in the crossover I read.

Reavant
05-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Batman was killed by Spawn in the crossover I read.well i only saw one in a comic store and batman was pummeling him because it said spawn couldnt hurt someone with a pure soul or something like that. Which is not necessarily true of batman but whatever.

Kane Knight
05-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Fight I saw went like this: Spawn and Bats fight. Bats starts winning, Spawn starts winning, Spawn kills Bats, Spawn sees good in him, Spawn brings him back

Reavant
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
nice

Reavant
05-13-2007, 12:31 PM
spawn would actually be a good fight for superman. Really the only way you can kill spawn is to cut his head off, and his powers are limited only by his imagination. And yes I know Im being a total fanboy right now.

Kane Knight
05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Does he have unlimited use of his powers now? I know the arc with him serving Hell ended, but I don't really follow Spawn.

Howabout Superman/Speedball? I just want to see Supes spike him.

Reavant
05-13-2007, 04:53 PM
HAHA Speedball that would be great... ever since Spawn killed Malbolgia he has a lot more use of his powers. Theyre unlimited to the point that he will tire hmself out and needs to rest, but he can almost do anything he puts his mind to now.

Vastardikai
05-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Main things I would like to add to this thread:

1. I have a tattoo of Carnage on my right Shoulder.

2. I was a bigger fan of Flash than I was of Supes back in the day. I'll put money down to see this one.

3. If they do a Green Lantern movie, I'd like to see it star Hal Jordan, with a side role for Guy Gardener (The Brian Pillman of DC Comics).

4. How about Superman vs. Onslaught? That'd be one hell of a fight.

5. How much you want to put on a movie with just Silver Surfer if Rise of becomes a hit?

6. Spawn vs. Ghost Rider ftw.

7. Dr. Doom vs. Lex Luthor would be a good battle, as well.

8. There SHOULD be a Green Lantern movie.

Kalyx triaD
05-22-2007, 04:41 AM
A GL movie should star Kyle Rayner as a young GL learning from the more experienced Hal Jordan (or Jon Stewart) as Sinestro attacks Earth. That's how I'd do it, anyway.

Lock Jaw
05-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Any GL movie will probably feature Hal Jordan. I like the first Green Lantern the best, but I have to admit that all the sci-fi space stuff would make for a better movie... and that with that they'll probably use Hal Jordan. Although, with the success of John Stewart in the Justice League cartoon, it is conceivable that they could use him too. Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner probably have zero chance of anything but a possible supporting role.

Kalyx triaD
05-22-2007, 01:40 PM
A GL movie should star Kyle Rayner as a young GL learning from the more experienced Hal Jordan (or Jon Stewart) as Sinestro attacks Earth. That's how I'd do it, anyway.

This concept is more likely.

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Teen Titans... GO! (http://movies.ign.com/articles/793/793105p1.html)

Mr Regal
06-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Weird, I came to this thread to post about the teen titans movie:wtf:

I don't know too much about the teen titans, I have seen the cartoon briefly. I read there Nightwing is a main character.

Who else is likely if they are rolling out the big hitters? (which they say they are).

Kalyx triaD
06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Nightwing (confirmed)
Robin (safe bet, he won't see life in Bale era Batman)
Starfire (doubt it)
Cyborg (likely)
Raven (the cartoon made her famous so she's likely)
Beast Boy (doubt it)
Ravenger (Slade's daughter would be cool)
Terra (she's a part of one of their more important arcs)
Superboy (doubt it, but points if he came in named Jason)
Kid Flash (I'd like it, but doubt it)
Wonder Girl (she'd probably make it on-screen before her mentor anyway)
Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow (His kid incarnation would make a good foil to Robin, or his adult incarnation for 'Wing)

There's been quite a bit of members over the years but I assume they'll focus on 'modern' members if Nightwing is Nightwing afterall.

Jeritron
06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
DC simply doesn't have as many potential movie projects. They should stick to making Batman and Superman movies. Other than Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and maybe Flash, the list wears thin.

Mr Regal
06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Nightwing is Robin right?

Oh and on a related note, did anyone cath the Aquaman TV show. I watched it on TV links the other day. Enjoyable fluff i thought. Could have been quite good fun given a bit of effort. I heard it got canned though. Looking at the fucking trash that goes out on TV everyday i find that quite sad.

Jeritron
06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Yea Nightwing is Robin, but I doubt anybody would want to see a Robin or Nightwing movie. And I hope to god he isn't put into the new Batman franchise.

Robin is my most hated Batman character, and probably my most hated popular comic book character.

Boondock Saint
06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I'd love to see a Nightwing movie. He's a badass.

Fignuts
06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't think nightwing and robin were ever on the team together.

The smart money would be to make a movie with the characters in the cartoon along with one or two others.

Shaggy
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I read that plans are on the move for a live action Teen Titans movie..

Lock Jaw
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUmzR1J_C3s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUmzR1J_C3s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jeritron
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I realize that's a fan film, but was that Kim Page?

Kalyx triaD
06-26-2007, 06:52 PM
The JLA script is in. WB is pleased with it. Bryan Singer doesn't even have a rough of the next Superman. Two and two says WB will move Brandon Routh to star in JLA instead of another Superman (no problem to him ofcourse).

Its a simple case of what they have already and what they don't have; which is movement on the part of Singer's writing team. And considering WB and Marvel Production's Super Team Movie arms race we could conclude that Superman will not see solo action for quite some time.

If Legendary is handling JLA however, I can't see why they can't film man of Steel and JLA in tandem LotR/Pirates style. Studios showing such enthusiasm often help in hyping the movies (even if the Matrix sequels proves what's wrong with such a gestation method).

Kalyx triaD
06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Scarecrow will appear in The Dark Knight.

Fryza
06-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Scarecrow will appear in The Dark Knight.

YES!

Kalyx triaD
07-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Two-Face will also appear in the next Batman, though how much exposure isn't revealed. So there you have it; like Batman Begins our dark hero will have quite a few villains to take on. Four by my count.

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Two-Face, or Harvey Dent?

Kalyx triaD
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
The actor who plays him said Two-Face. As far as news goes you can't get better sources than actor/writers. They're alot more protective of plot-lines than who's in the movie (unlike a certain wall-crawling franchise). I find that to be a more mature take on pre-release press, personally.

Fryza
07-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Two-Face will also appear in the next Batman, though how much exposure isn't revealed. So there you have it; like Batman Begins our dark hero will have quite a few villains to take on. Four by my count.

Four? I missed something, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Joker, and?

Kalyx triaD
07-17-2007, 06:57 PM
This gangster played by Spawn.

Fryza
07-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Not a big named villain, just some guy.

mitchables
07-17-2007, 08:18 PM
No, there is a named villain called Sal Maroni - or are you talking about Gamble, Kalyx?

Danny Electric
07-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I hope they don't turn him into two-face in this film, build it up to a third movie.

Lock Jaw
07-17-2007, 10:53 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9615/ledgerjokerlp2.jpg

Blitz
07-17-2007, 11:07 PM
This gangster played by Spawn.
Waitaminnit, thought I heard Anthony Michael Hall's mystery role was that of Edward Nygma, aka The Riddler. I guess that makes 5, unless they're just setting Riddler up?

Ben Rodrigues
07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9615/ledgerjokerlp2.jpg

Where did you get this Joker photo?

Lock Jaw
07-18-2007, 08:47 PM
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2863&Itemid=99

Kalyx triaD
07-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm liking Joker's look. And yeah, I meant gamble. Far as I know the Riddler will not be in this movie. I'd save him; he's a villain that would absolutely rule in the Bale Era universe.

Kalyx triaD
07-23-2007, 06:16 AM
And the CW reveals Smallville's version of Kara Zor-El aka Supergirl.

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/806/806891/smallville-20070720000659462.jpg

Clark's gonna post a familiar thread about his cousin pretty soon. The actress is Laura Vandervoort. She'll be hanging around for a bit this coming season. Liking that she'll be based on the current S-Girl. That pendant she's wearing won't be on the show, BTW. So no spoilers here. All in all she doesn't look bad.

Boondock Saint
07-23-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't watch the show, but not bad.

Mr Regal
07-23-2007, 08:28 AM
She's lovely:love:

Ahem, anyway......

Kalyx triaD
07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Jonah Hex is getting the big screen treatment, brought to us by the team that gave us Crank.

To the comic-casual; Jonah Hex is a bounty hunter in the Wild West era and his adventures tend to include supernatural elements like time travel. He's appeared twice in the DCAU which is the most mainstream he's ever got.

http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/FR/jonah_hex.jpg
See ya in them moving-pictures, partner.

Lock Jaw
07-24-2007, 08:15 PM
And the Y: The Last Man film has had writers announced:

The team behind the thriller Disturbia will tackle the adaptation of DC/Vertigo’s Y: The Last Man for New Line Cinema.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, DJ Caruso will develop and direct, while Carl Ellsworth will write the film, based on the comic-book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra.

The series, which began in 2002, centers on Yorick Brown, the sole surviving man of a mysterious, spontaneous plague that wiped out every other male mammal on Earth (except for Ampersand, Yorick’s Capuchin monkey). Yorick sets out to discover what caused the catastrophe.

J.C. Spink, Chris Bender and David Goyer will produce the film.

Meh. Would prefer someone better for an awesome series like Y: The Last Man. Actually, I would prefer an HBO TV series over a movie.

Boondock Saint
07-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Y :love:

Rammsteinmad
07-25-2007, 02:40 AM
And the CW reveals Smallville's version of Kara Zor-El aka Supergirl.

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/806/806891/smallville-20070720000659462.jpg

Clark's gonna post a familiar thread about his cousin pretty soon. The actress is Laura Vandervoort. She'll be hanging around for a bit this coming season. Liking that she'll be based on the current S-Girl. That pendant she's wearing won't be on the show, BTW. So no spoilers here. All in all she doesn't look bad.

Dude I think I just filled the cup. :naughty:

:drool:

Kalyx triaD
07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Long story short; they're taking Teen Titans pretty seriously. The writer's approaching it in a realism similar to Batman Begins (though he stressed it not being apart of its universe despite the possible inclusion of two Batman characters). He sounds sincere and the themes seem to fit, but it'll be hard to write a TT script without it sounding like an X-Men story. Let's see where it goes.

Kalyx triaD
08-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Captain Marvel:

His screenplay was turned in with an action/comedy tone. The writer says the concept of a boy who speaks a magic word to be a superhero would work if it was concepted today. I agree. I'm eagerly following this one.

Kalyx triaD
09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
JLA:

They begun casting for unspecified leads. I'm particularly furious at Brandon Routh's exclusion. Bale I understand, but Routh is free to do whatever. If they do Avengers like that idea I posted in the Iron Man thread; Marvel will own the film front.

Fignuts
09-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Long story short; they're taking Teen Titans pretty seriously. The writer's approaching it in a realism similar to Batman Begins .

lol

Good luck with that.

Kalyx triaD
09-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Brokeback Clown Speaks:

Heath Ledger appearently loves playing the Clown Prince of Crime. He describes him as having no empathy; a "mass murdering clown". These things we knew of Joker, but its good to also know he won't be toned down too much in his return to live action.

The Other Batman:

Ryan Gosling (Fracture) is rumored to be a top choice to be the Bat in the live action JLA feature. It's time we got over the fact that Bale isn't gonna be on the team, so let's look forward with who WB is looking at for the role. At best, they shouldn't get anyone who'll emulate Bale's performance. With Superman I can understand why whoever they choose would come off playing Supes like Routh (whose exclusion's something I can barely get over), but there are many shades of Batman to be painted here. We've never seen him around other heroes, and great character points could be made in JLA. An actor could be chosen especially to help paint that picture.

Nowhere Man
09-17-2007, 06:25 PM
JLA sounds like it's going to be awful.

Kalyx triaD
09-20-2007, 05:48 PM
JLA sounds like it's going to be awful.

Its all up to this guy...

JLA Director Confirmed:

George Miller is the director of the upcoming JLA movie. Superman's next film is taking a backseat to the movie. You'd think that mean Routh still has work as Kal-El in JLA but they have some sort of issue with as he won't be Supes in neither JLA or a new Superman movie (I like Routh, people). Why do they consider JLA a sub for a Superman movie anyway? They've expressed that Batman could continue his franchise aside from JLA. I suppose this is a clue to Superman's general role in the team-up. Now after JLA will the new Superman be the star of the next Superman solo film? If Routh returns that would be the stupidest thing I've seen in a while. WB has a chance to set up a movie universe for DC and they're being silly.

So silly.

Nowhere Man
09-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I really liked Routh, even if Superman Returns was a little lacking. The fact that they're completely shit-canning the Superman franchise for a cheap team-up just sounds incredibly stupid, especially since there's no build-up to it whatsoever.

Dave Youell
09-21-2007, 09:29 AM
It’s simple really.

Superman fans will watch a superman film

Or they will also watch a Justice League film because superman is in it

Rinse and repeat with Batman, The Flash and all the others (whoever they decide to put in in, not Aquaman though, please!)

So from the studio’s perspective, the Superman film didn’t make a profit in the cinema and generally wasn’t well received. I thought it was passable and it wasn’t Routh’s fault, I thought he did a good job, as did Kevin Spacey, I think the rest of the cast sucked and the feel of the film wasn’t right, it was like they were trying to make modern day feel like the 1920’s with the fashion and general decor, it made the previous superman film look more modern. Anyway I’m getting off track. This will make money because it’s pretty much going to bring in all fans of most of the popular DC comics. So it stands more chance of making money than a superman solo film.

Bale is raking in the cash and they’ve done a stella job with the re-launch of the franchise, if Bale doesn’t want to be on board, I don’t see why they can’t have another guy playing batman, it’s not that big a deal is it really? Same goes with Supes, Routh could stick with the solo flicks and someone else could play Kent in this film.

Ryan Reynolds for The Flash though, that’s the most exciting part of this film for me, as the old TV film was a let down along with the TV show, even if I did watch it religiously as a child, he deserves a proper run on the big screen

D Mac
09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Just downloaded Superman: Doomsday.

Kalyx triaD
09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Superman: Doomsday is pretty nice. I seen some scenes and those DCAU guys get loose without the confines of TV editing. That 'Return of the Joker Uncut' edge makes me excited for their new animated DVD line. I'm dying to see the JLA movie (New Frontier).

Nowhere Man
09-22-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm psyched about New Frontier. It's an awesome story, and the previews for it look sweet. If the JLA movie is anything like that, I'll be happy.

Kalyx triaD
09-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Know Your Role And SHAZAAM!!:

The Rock as been approved for one of two roles in the upcoming Captain Marvel movie; Black Adam (which would be great) or Captain Marvel himself (which would be a miscast). The Rock has expressed that its up to the fans of the product. As a fan, I say Black Adam all the way.

Alfred Speaks:

Michael Caine went on record to say, you guessed it, Heath Ledger is owning his role as Joker. That's like 4 people saying that this will be a great Joker, but Caine has specifically stated that it blows old Jack's portrayal away. everybody's thinking it, Caine said it. Can't wait.

Make Up Your Mind:

First off, some chick auditioned for the role of Diana Prince (Wonder Woman), whatever.

Now, the site JusticeLeague-on-Film.com as stated that the JLA movie will infact be CGI focused, as in Pixar-type CGI. They said they were 90% certain. That's a reversal of the news we got that it would be a live-action film. But since the news of it being Live-Action came from WB itself, I'll go with that news. I mean all the talk of Batman's actor and stuff would be silly if that were the case, right?

Jura
09-24-2007, 10:26 PM
If Michael Caine said that, then I believe him.

Lock Jaw
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
The Rock WOULD be a miscast as Captain Marvel. He WOULD make a great Black Adam in terms of looks... but... I still can't get over watching The Rock in movies. He is always just The Rock to me. Although, to be fair, I've only ever seen The Scorpion King, and that was a long time ago. But in trailers and stuff I'm just like "The Rock is acting!" and not seeing him as his movie character like I do with other actors.

D Mac
09-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Never heard of Black Adam.

Nowhere Man
09-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Black Adam is basically Captain Marvel, only Middle Eastern and evil. He's much cooler than I just made him sound, though.

Boondock Saint
09-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Black Adam is badass.

Kalyx triaD
09-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Those two or three panels of Black Adam taking to Superboy Prime in Infinite Crisis is what made me a closet fan of Black Adam. That and the line, "Child or not, you die today." Ruthless.

Kalyx triaD
09-29-2007, 09:53 AM
http://braveandthebold.net/characters/7646_art.jpg http://www.gerweck.net/therock.jpg

http://shanehelms.homestead.com/hurradam.jpg

Boondock Saint
09-29-2007, 10:15 PM
No need to be a closet fan, LET THE WORLD KNOW.

Nowhere Man
09-30-2007, 04:01 AM
http://shanehelms.homestead.com/hurradam.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Hurricane turned heel on the JLA?!?!

Kalyx triaD
09-30-2007, 08:53 AM
JLA Issues:

The long rumored Hollywood strike has the execs worried that certain writers of a certain superhero team-up film may screw them over before a rewrite could be done. I don't know the details of this epic strike, but all I know is it put Transformers 2 and DBZ on the hotseat for 2009 releases. May we get more stuff out sooner because of this big scary strike.

Transformers alumni Tyrees is one of the contenders for GL John Stewart. He should stick with Luke Cage, one military character is enough for an R&B singer.

And humorously enough, WB is having trouble finding someone to be Batman for JLA. Plain and simple: Nobody wants to be compared to Christian Fucking Bale. Serves them right for trying that crap in the first place.

Nowhere Man
10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
God damnit, why can't we get Hal Jordan for once? I know they feel like they need a black guy on the team, but Stewart is boring.

Kalyx triaD
10-03-2007, 12:01 AM
I always saw Martian Manhunter as a black guy.

Mr Regal
10-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Racist.

Mr Regal
10-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Not suprising that no one wants the Batman role....pretty much guaranteed to get criticised for it.

Kane Knight
10-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Not suprising that no one wants the Batman role....pretty much guaranteed to get murdered for it.

Kalyx triaD
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
JLA Plot Revealed:

The early draft of the JLA feature has the seven original members (Kal, Hal, Diana, Bruce, Barry, Arthur, and Jonn) going up against Max Lord and his OMACs. There's a planned battle between Bruce and Clark as well as Clark vs Diana.

Speaking of Wonder Woman; she may not get her own feature because female lead movies did poorly this season. Blow it out your ass WB.

Also, although I stated Barry and Hal up there, there's a likely chance we'll see Wally and John instead as the Flash and GL respectively.

Though the plot sounds promising, I still can't help but feel like the movie's turning out to be a mess.

Boondock Saint
10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
It's going to be a mess for sure.

Kalyx triaD
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Even Superman Can't Save This...:

It seems every update on Justice League is a hint at its own failure, atleast with fans of the DC Superteam.

There was a major casting tryout on Sunday and Monday over the superheroes featured in the movie. The majority being... well kids. 20-somethings are being looked at for the roles because they're expected to grow into their roles through multiple movies (Ha!). It is confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that DC faves Ryan Reynolds, Brandon Routh, Christian Bale, and Jessica Biel will have nothing to do with this mess; and good for them if the movie's looking like what its looking like.

More Wonderfully Bad News:

As for the fate of Wonder Woman, WB is going back on their rather sexist statement about not allowing any more female lead flicks from their side of the planet including Wonder Woman. Well now they're saying if JL does well enough, she'll get her film after all. Since the film will blow (see above), we'll never see a movie based on Diana. I wonder what of the fates of Bale and Routh if the movie does do well? Will they be replaced by a hot new young Supes and Bats?

Dark days for us DC fans ahead.

Lock Jaw
10-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I guess DC can only give us good movies every few decades. I'll be waiting.

Lock Jaw
10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Actually, nah.

Got some pretty good stuff coming up.

The Dark Knight, and The New Frontier animated movie.

Kalyx triaD
10-16-2007, 02:40 PM
We can always trust Bruce Timm and his gang to give us hot stuff, and Dark Knight is looking like the last great live action movie for DC in a while. Even The Batman and Legion of Superheroes are giving quality on the animation front, while Smallville is in its seventh year. What's going on in the feature film department?

Funky Fly
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Shit, they should just scrap the JLA movie until they can get everyone to appear in their respective roles.

Better yet, after The Dark Knight, they should do the JLA movie with the big names and keep it relatively short (85 - 90 minutes). Then in the movie, there should be events and characters that lead to sequels for Batman and Superman and movies for the others. Basically, the JLA movie should be movie canon, I guess, complete with references in future movies.

Kalyx triaD
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
In a perfect world.

Kalyx triaD
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
More Than Meets the Bat:

Josh Duhamel, who we all know really doesn't want that premium package in Transformers, has read for the Batman in the JLA project. I don't know if anyone ever seen this guy in interviews but he's a bit of a geek himself who would tackle the one part other actors kept clear from.

Look Up, In the Sky...:

WB has confirmed that Brandon Routh will be Superman again... as soon as they find new writers. The old writing team (Michael Dougherty/Dan Harris) who are Bryan Singer's wingmates have expressed that they won't be doing another Superman. Although Bryan himself isn't spoken about, I'm sure he won't be returning as well. Hell, this may be what the franchise needed. In any case, I'm just glad to know Routh is still the Man of Steel, but how will two active movie Supermen work?

Boondock Saint
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Kal-L and Kal-El.

Nowhere Man
10-23-2007, 04:01 AM
Good, I was really worrying they were gonna scrap the \S/ franchise altogether. Routh was awesome as Superman, and it'd be damn sad to see his work ignored for some cheap cash-grab like the JLA movie.

Kalyx triaD
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Kal-El, Meet Kal-L...:

Rupert Evans (Hellboy) has been rumored to be filling the boots of Justice League's Superman. He's appearently beefing up as we speak, and read for the part for Singer's Superman Returns in the past (and almost got the part).

Its interesting you mention the Multiverse, its a big part of DC's lore and could be used to explain different variations of the same character. Taking Smallville into consideration, WB/DC could turn a confusing production into a huge live action-comic event.

Kalyx triaD
10-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Eye Wonder Who She Is...:

Teresa Palmer is a 'favorite' for the role of Amazon ass-kickin demi-goddess Wonder Woman in JL. Never heard of her. Pretty though.

http://ifmagazine.com/graphics/unsorted/7_teresa_palmer_sue_9873.jpg http://floweringowl.canalblog.com/images/wonder_woman.png

Kane Knight
10-27-2007, 01:16 PM
You don't really think WB is sexist for not putting out Wonder Woman, do you?

Kalyx triaD
10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
They've took risks on crap before, its just interesting that they give a project a red light based on the sex of the leading role. A superheroine about female empowerment would pull in comic fanboys and chicks all at once, and that don't happen often.

Kane Knight
10-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I swear you're on drugs.

Kalyx triaD
10-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Swearing's bad.

Kalyx triaD
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Who Wants Iced Mochas?:

David Dobkin (Director, The Wedding Crashers) is on tap to bring us The Flash after JL. It will be based in the same universe as JL and be treated as a spin-off. Also, Wally West will be the Scarlet Speedster in the solo flick, so its safe to West will be the Flash in JL instead of the reported Barry Allen. Then again, a certain famous comic book death put Wally in the boots of Barry so...

Nowhere Man
10-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I'd normally have something pessimistic to say about hiring a comedy director for the Flash movie, but then I remembered that Raimi was best known for doing cheesy horror flicks before Spider-Man, and those (the first 2 at least) turned out pretty damn good.

Oh, and evidently the Green Lantern flick is rising up from out of development hell yet again:

We can't do a Justice League of America story, it seems, without triggering a wave of comments from the RT faithful debating the merits of various members of the Green Lantern Corps, and arguing which of them should be "the" Green Lantern in the movie.

We still don't have any JLA Green Lantern casting news for you -- but we can tell you Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. has hired a team to bring the ring-wielding galactic guardian to the big screen in his very own film. According to a report published yesterday, the studio has tapped Greg Berlanti to write and direct Green Lantern.

Berlanti, best known for his work on TV shows such as Dirty Sexy Money, Brothers & Sisters, Everwood, and Dawson's Creek, will be writing the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. These days, Guggenheim is a writer/producer on Berlanti's Brothers & Sisters -- but, as Variety notes, his past work on print editions of Amazing Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Blade make him uniquely qualified for the gig. For his part, Green -- who's currently an executive producer on NBC's Heroes -- worked on Smallville and wrote the DC title Superman/Batman.

The Variety report pegs the feature-length Lantern as Hal Jordan, summing up his story below:

"Green Lantern" was hatched in 1940. Hal Jordan, a second-generation test pilot, is an ordinary man who has been charged with defending a sector of the universe.

Source: Variety

So it looks like we might be seeing Hal after all.

Savio
10-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Superman returns fucking sucked.

Nowhere Man
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
...and what exactly does that have to do with the Flash/Green Lantern movies?

Kane Knight
10-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Green Lantern is one of the characters I'd actually like to see on the Silver Screen.

I could take or Leave the Flash. Mostly leave. And Wonder Woman. And most of the guys in this thread. But still.

Kalyx triaD
10-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh yea? Well... Techno Man sucked balls!!

How about that?

Kane Knight
10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
***Tekno

Kalyx triaD
10-30-2007, 01:26 AM

You win yet again, Kane. But there will be a dawn to wash away the Knight.

Kane Knight
10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Reavant
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
wow

Kalyx triaD
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Ledger Keeps A Mad Journal:

Heath Ledger has been taking great strides in his role as the Joker in the upcoming Dark Knight: He's been keeping a diary since before shooting began on what kind of person Mr. J really is. The contents include things the Joker would find funny (like AIDS).

Ca-ray-zeeee...

He didn't even intend to reveal it appearently; word is he was caught with it. Guess you gotta be a little madhouse to play one.

Kalyx triaD
01-05-2008, 12:09 AM
My God, WB:

Singer is said to be off the 'Returns sequel with other projects keeping him busy (I knew it). Whatever, my past review spoke of how his muted directing hurt the first movie.

But get this this: Brandon Routh, who I've been a strong supporter of as Supes, may be off the sequel as well. Most likely replaced by the Superman they cast in JLA (I f'n knew that, too).

As far as JLA and the next Superman is concerned; I wash my hands of them. Despite a string of news that made them look worse and worse, I kept up a good face while relaying the news. Though I will still pass on all the news from IGN and SuperheroHype concerning those movies, I've officially lost interest. Congrats WB, you turned off a comic-geek/Superman fan. How'd ya do it?

Lock Jaw
01-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Meh. I can wait twenty years or so for them to finally reboot the Superman movie franchise with a kickass movie.

Nowhere Man
01-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Son of a bitch.

I really liked Routh and SR (even if it was a little boring at parts). And everything I've heard about Justice League makes it sound like a total joke. I'm not even gonna bother with having to deal with Warner Bros' third Superman since 2000.

Lock Jaw
01-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Third? Who's the non-Routh, non-Justice League Superman?

Nowhere Man
01-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Well, I was counting Tom Welling. If only because I still have to keep explaining to half of my friends that the Superman movies aren't related to Smallville.

Kalyx triaD
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
WETA Go:

New Zealand based effects shop Weta, who earned mainstream cred by FX'ing The LotR trilogy, is on tap to produce costumes for the upcoming JLA film. They may also do visual effects but that isn't final (I'm guessing yeah). Post-Prod is under way though the entire project is delayed because of that strike thing.

Kalyx triaD
01-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Superman Returns vs. Superman Reborn:

I know this back and forth is getting annoying but appearently Bryan Singer may return to Superman afterall... maybe. His reps say he's still attached to the sequel. But there are still murmurs going on about the new direction of the Superman franchise (based on the JLA Film universe). So its like this from what I read: If Singer returns, so does Brandon Routh; if Singer splits, the next Superman will be a JLA spin-off sans Routh.

DC's movie branch is a mess right now (no offense to TDK, which will own).

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Okay... I'd Buy That:

With the strike finally being settle, my nightmare that was the JLA film is back on track... sort of: A new story outline has been pitched and possibly accepted. And it goes like this:

Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and others of the Justice League of America, an organization made up of the world's greatest superheroes must deal with the expulsion of Batman and the death of Superman at the hands of the monstrous Doomsday.

A slick move that not only touches on real events in DC's mythology, but keeps continuity issues regarding Bale and Routh being replaced by kids. So as it stands; I like the idea, if only because an eventual sequel could deal with the Return of Superman and Batman played by their respective actors. Now there will be a slight production delay to go with the new story, as filming will now begin in 2010 rather than this year (odd). Many of the actors attached have found other jobs for the year, so they can't do anything with JLA now (for some reason I don't believe that story).

Kalyx triaD
02-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Batman Anime Project First Look:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSwj5ok24k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yuSwj5ok24k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Anyone else feel spoiled?

HeartBreakMan2k
02-15-2008, 12:15 PM
It's amazing to me how DC can manage to so consistantly get the Batman franchise done well and done right but fails horribely at most others.

Lock Jaw
02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, I'm not usually a fan of anime, but I can't wait for that.

New Frontier is also coming out on the 26th, I believe. Can't wait for that one either.

McLegend
03-03-2008, 04:51 PM
If anyone cares.

Kevin Conroy, and not Christian Bale is doing the voice work for the Batman Anime.

Lock Jaw
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Sweet.

Kalyx triaD
03-03-2008, 06:26 PM
If anyone cares.

Kevin Conroy, and not Christian Bale is doing the voice work for the Batman Anime.

Yes.

Nowhere Man
03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
That looks pretty damn cool. It's nice to see that even if 90% of their movies have been derailed by the strike, DC is still putting out some quality stuff with their animated department.

Also...Deadshot? Really?

Kalyx triaD
03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Superman... Returns?:

Bryan Singer is in the early developments of the next Superman film, which promises to "up the threat levels" now that the characters are established.

I'm just getting back with writers after the strike. We're just in the development phase. I'm starting to develop a sequel...with the intention of directing it.

The new writing team will be the white hot duo of Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman [Transformers, Star Trek].

Whatever Singer, just get it out before JLA ruins everything good on Earth.

Nowhere Man
03-14-2008, 09:32 AM
About time we got confirmation on that. It'll be nice to still have a Superman I don't utterly loathe.

Kalyx triaD
04-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Batman Gets Animated Again:

Not even a few months after the surprisingly alright The Batman series ends it's run we already have a new animated Batman series... But... Well... ...Just don't shoot the messenger.

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/864/864523/batman-the-brave-and-the-bold-20080404083633342.jpg

Cartoon Network will host this new series that envokes the mood, look, and camp of the Super Friends era. Batman will join other heroes on a regular like Green Arrow (in his Golden Age rags) and Blue Beetle (the new Blue Beetle, not Ted Kord). My brain's still trying to work out seeing Golden Age Ollie, Silver Age Bats, and Modern Age Beetle in one picture. I'm usually pretty open about different takes on properties I grew up with, and I understand the DCAU we all grew up loving will never return.

But really... Are they serious with this?

I won't judge too harshly just yet. As I said The Batman gained some steam in it's final season and I hear 'Legion isn't the crapshoot it seemed to be when it was first revealed. So I'll wait and see.

EDIT: That Ollie is infact Silver Age as well.

Lock Jaw
04-04-2008, 02:21 PM
If Brave and the Bold was being done in Justice League Unlimited style (But with just two heroes per show, and one not necessarily always Batman) I'd watch it. I probably won't watch this one.

Jeritron
04-05-2008, 03:40 AM
It won't have shit on Super Friends

Nowhere Man
04-05-2008, 05:26 AM
I'll reserve my judgement til I see some more, but what a weird line-up. If they're gonna do classic BatB pairings, it oughta at least be Ollie and Hal.

Lock Jaw
04-20-2008, 05:46 PM
The Spirit trailer:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XTFX64LbLY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XTFX64LbLY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Looks like Miller has gone and changed The Spirit into Sin City. Which is kinda lame.

Lock Jaw
04-20-2008, 06:05 PM
I just hope he doesn't start going around yelling "I'm the Goddamn Spirit!" at people.

Blitz
04-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Think it looks hot.

Lock Jaw
04-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah, it looks okay... for Sin City...

But this is supposed to be The Spirit. It just doesn't match the tone or... the spirit... of The Spirit at all.

Blitz
04-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Don't care. Looks good.

Funky Fly
04-21-2008, 02:01 AM
The Spirit seems interesting, but judging by the trailer and a wiki search, I'd say Lock Jaw is right. It's Sin City Light

Nowhere Man
04-21-2008, 05:00 PM
What, you're surprised? Sin City is pretty much all Frank Miller can do.

Also, the line "she is my mother, she is my lover" sounds like the guy's got a serious Oedipus complex.

Indifferent Clox
04-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Why don't they make alive action batman show that's serious? I mean you'd think with all the csi and stuff they'd have a pretty good market for it.

Kalyx triaD
04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I rather see a live action Nightwing series. It could take place right after he says "screw you" to Bruce and leaves for Bludhaven. The openning scene could be him tossing the Robin costume down a river.

I'd watch it.

Lock Jaw
04-23-2008, 05:56 PM
For a different idea, I'd like to see a Gotham Central tv series.

Kalyx triaD
04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
I'd focus that on Renee Montoya. Add some Jim Gordon too.

Kalyx triaD
04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Bat-Bump:

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/869/869406/201949id1_a_1209126319.jpg

Reavant
04-25-2008, 10:02 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEET

McLegend
04-25-2008, 11:28 AM
O my God

Kalyx triaD
05-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Smallville: Lex Bows Out, Doomsday Crashes In, and... Thalia Al Ghul?!?:

Michael Rosenbaum, voice of DCAU's Flash and Smallville's Lex Luthor is officially done with the latter. He won't be appearing in Season 8, not regularly anyway. He'll most likely head up cameo's in any case.

Now the new contenders for Smallville's baddies are already announced; Doomsday and a female villain. If you didn't know Smallville is a seperate continuity from other Supe's universes now you do. Casting for the one who famously killed Superman is underway. Then there's the new female villain who will be as troublesome for Clark as she is attracted. I'm gonna say Thalia for now.

I won't see any of this action for years now anyway since I skipped the last few years of 'Ville. I got alot of DVD catch up to do... years worth. But I'm game.

Ignorance Is Bliss:

A while back someone mentioned how Gotham Central would make a good TV show. Well lo and behold WB was this close to actually doing a show! But the reception Birds of Prey recieved way back shot down any other Gotham themed TV show (rats).

They should totally go for it. A CSI-like show based in Gotham City would own.

Kalyx triaD
05-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Superman Speaks About... Things!:

Brandon Routh speaks on a number of subjects, including the next Superman and the darker half of the World's Finest.

On the upcoming "Man of Steel":

I expect that we'll be working early next year. I know that Bryan [Singer] has pretty much finished out "Valkyrie" and is back in the states and is zeroing in on the story that he wants to tell. Once that arrives it's going to move pretty quickly. I think that everybody is getting excited. It's been three years now, really. It's hard to believe that it's been long, but everyone is getting jazzed and ready to go again. I certainly am.

On Justice League:

They talked to me about it, yes, but I think someone else asked me if they ever offered me the role and they did not. I'm happy that we're talking about "Man of Steel" again and "Batman" looks great and is coming out and that looks great and I think it's time for those two characters, certainly, to flourish and some of the DC Comic Universe to strike out on their own first and strengthen each character individually and then to go at all of them together.

I love this guy.

On an exclusive Superman/Batman movie:

I've been asked that question many times and at first, I think I've been quoted as saying that Superman and Batman should never fight each other which makes sense to me. They should be fighting together on the same team, but Christian is certainly a great actor and a very nice guy. I'm excited for the new "Batman." So I'll open up my view because I know that people want to see it and maybe there's a story that could be told that way that makes sense to me. So I won't put it out anymore. I won't say no anymore.

I wouldn't mind Justice League if The World's Finest gets their own movie.

On taking up the mantle after the real Superman:

Well, it's a challenging thing because it's very important for me to make my own name and to separate myself from Chris and his performance a little bit and who he was a little bit, so that I can make Brandon Routh known and be in everyone's awareness. But certainly he did a lot of amazing things and I so I take what I can and I try to spread his good word and all the goodness that did and his family is really doing an amazing job. His kids are continuing his legacy especially with the foundation. They're really great people and I'm excited and very proud to know them now. I do what I can to help them and the foundation to raise awareness.

On non-DC work, Dylan Dog:

Yes, lesser known in the States, but probably more known in Italy and a lot of European countries. I'm very excited about the production of that. It's a movie called "Dead of Night." It's about Dylan who's a nightmare investigator and primarily in this film we're going to be involved with zombies and werewolves and vampires and some activity that occurs there creating comedy, action, horror and the thrills ensue.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Just my two cents here, but it seems with so people speculating a Superman Sequel, a Batman/Superman film, and a Justice League film, along with obviously the Dark Knight, does DC actually do anything other than Batman and Superman?

I know Watchmen is being made into a film, but for real... when are DC gonna blow us away with news of a Green Lantern movie? Or a Wonder Woman film?

You can argue how good all the films are, but Marvel has spoilt us with films these last 10 years, releasing movies for pretty much all their major characters.

It also seems that every DC animated program is Batman and Superman. Hell, even the Justice League cartoon (which I really liked) was always Bats and Supes.

I'd love to see a Nightwing movie... but that'll probably never happen. And if it did, half the movie would probably be him expressing the fact that he use to be Batman's sidekick.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2008, 09:43 AM
My post also relates to a post someone made in another comic thread somewhere. They said how DC doesn't seem to have as much faith in their lesser characters as Marvel does. Whereas Marvel have faith in all their characters, most of what DC does features around Batman and Superman.

Kalyx triaD
05-02-2008, 09:49 AM
DC has been lacking in the movie department. I believe alot of it has to do with arrogance on their part. I mean c'mon, Superman Returns makes 400mil and that's a disappointment to WB? What did they expect? They're trying to make the next Spidey 2/X2 and that stalls them to a degree. Marvel on the other hand promises two movies a year, crap or not. And you know what, their insistance on releasing so many movies in so little time has become their strength.

Not only does Marvel have more characters on screen, the characters themselves have movie series. Spidey and Blade already have their Trilogy, DD and Elektra are connected, there's already talk of Iron Man 2 and we're seeing the second Hulk film in so many years. DC needs to pick up the pace and get down on Teen Titans, Super Max, and Wonder Woman. Talk is cheap. Justice League will be a joke, but a fun joke that might be worth a DVD purchase if they get to work.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Exactly. You're also forgetting 2 Fantastic Four Movies and 3 X-Men movies.

Personally I've enjoyed all the Marvel movies, and the DC ones for that matter (except Catwoman). Even Elektra was watchable. But because Marvel are releasing so many, it keeps interest in the comics going. With DC only doing Batman and Superman it's like "well why should I care about Green Arrow/Red Tornado/Blue Beetle etc?".

Kalyx triaD
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Green Lantern has trilogy potential written all over it.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2008, 11:06 AM
But each film will have a cameo by Batman or Superman. :D

dablackguy
05-02-2008, 01:51 PM
It's amazing to me how DC can manage to so consistantly get the Batman franchise done well and done right but fails horribely at most others.

I was talking about that last night to someone

I think Batman is just a better and easier story to tell, not to mention the actors they gotten to play Batman and other characters in the universe (Liam Nesson) have been great

Boondock Saint
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
They've been trying to get a Wonder Woman and Flash movie going for years, things just don't come together.

As for Marvel, after Iron Man, Hulk and Punisher, the only movie they've got slated officially for release is Wolverine for next summer. Nothing else is planned beyond that.

Lock Jaw
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Marvel has more planned. I mean, they have movies for Ant-Man and freaking Shang-Chi planned. Marvel really is better in the "give everybody movies" department.

DC needs to get on this. I want to see a Spectre movie. But only if they make it good.

McLegend
05-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Wrong thread

Rammsteinmad
05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
DC needs to get on this. I want to see a Spectre movie. But only if they make it good.

That'll never happen.

Kalyx triaD
05-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Shadow Pact

Kalyx triaD
05-04-2008, 05:15 PM
DC News Time Warp:

From Beetlejuice to Batman?!?:

Michael Keaton [Beetlejuice, Clean and Sober] has been cast as... wait for it... Batman. Yes, Tim Burton [Director] appearently digs him from his experience in Beetlejuice and believes he has the ability to convey his version of the Dark Knight.

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/beetlejuice184.jpeg

The Beetlejuice guy? Really? I like the movie but c'mon...

Word is Jack Nicholson [The Shining] was approached a while back, but has yet to be signed pending "several demands". Here's hoping he gets on board, Jack is the man. Still, if I see Paul Reubens as Robin or Batman crack a Beetlejuice line I'm gonna walk out of the theater. Let's pray Tim Burton does justice.

Kalyx triaD
06-13-2008, 09:46 PM
The Dark Knight Will Be a Long Night?:

Reports are claiming that upcoming Batman film will clock in at 152mins. By comparrison, Batman Begins was 140mins. Not that I mind. And coming to a bus-side near you:

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/877/877913/the-dark-knight-20080530055557398.jpg

thedamndest
06-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Heath Ledger died and he still gets third billing behind Alfred? Jesus.